Daniel Vitalis on What Type of Water to Drink : The Renegade Health Show Episode #669

Friday Oct 1 | BY |

At the Longevity Conference, I spent some time with Daniel Vitalis in his hotel room…

After chatting for a bit, we decided to record some of our talk for you. 🙂

In this first of a three part series, Daniel talks about the best type of water to drink.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: Have you ever had sparkling spring water straight from the source?

To check out more information about the Longevity Conference, please click here: http://www.TheLongevityNowConference.com

To read more about Daniel Vitalis, please click here: http://www.danielvitalis.com

1. steph says:

Word! You guys rock Kevin and Daniel! Water is where it’s at! Living water at that!

Northern California- Trinity Alps Wilderness Area… Serious amazingly alive water coming straight outa the earth …makes you feel like a superhero!

NYC hardly compares ….so what to do instead? I pray over my water.
    Be Blessed Ya’ll!

2. Barbara W. says:

I have not since I was a kid when Grandma used to collect her water from a spring in PA. Here in Florida I have been unable to find info on any drinkable springs. Seems like they are all only listed as good for swimming on Findaspring.com. If anyone knows of any drinkable springs in Florida please post info! Thanks 🙂

3. Diana (Ohio) says:

I could listen to Kevin and Daniel for weeks on end!! You guys rock!!

Any way to interview Daniel on other subjects too?

4. Ineke says:

Of course! we live close to Manitou Springs. Should drink it more though and after listening to Daniel, I will make a better effort this time. Manitou Springs has also one of my favorite restaurants; Adam’s Mountain cafe. Growing up in Europe and also during my travels I did drink spring water, sparkling and non sparkling. Often the water came from a well though.

5. Julia says:

No, I haven’t. I’m in Phoenix, AZ, and I take the bus so it’s too difficult to get to places. But I just purchased a countertop reverse osmosis water filter that’s pretty high quality with pre and post KDF/GAC carbon filtration. My question is what is the best way to remineralize purified water? I’ve seen the mineral assay for the product ConcenTrace, and I’ve also seen the mineral assay for Himalayan salt and they both contain contaminants. I thought of just buying drops of pure calcium and magnesium and forget the rest of the minerals in the water.

Another question, or observation: I’ve noticed that many of the spring water sites use a pipe to get the water out of the earth. Isn’t anyone concerned about contaminants from the pipes? I would feel safer having the water tested. Kevin, you’re big on getting blood tests, would you really drink spring water from any old pipe out of the ground without testing it? How pure is the water really after touching those pipes… It’s like the Himalayan salt which everyone will tell you is so pure straight from the earth with all the “good for you” minerals. Well I just saw the whole mineral assay for it and it does have some contaminants that I would want to avoid.

6. Veronika says:

I love this video! I haven’t had sparkling spring water, but I’ve had amazing spring water from Mt. Shasta in California. Re-energized me super quick after a long car ride. I had been drinking regular spring water from a plastic reusable bottle all day and didn’t get the same effect. I did a taste test and the Mt. Shasta water was wonderful. Those extra minerals really shine through.

7. Monique says:

Is it safe to say then that what Daniel is recommending as the way to get the best water on earth is is live close to a natural spring, harvest the water at the source – assuming it’s readily available and safe – and drink it on a regular basis.. bypassing any filtration systems for tap water, tap water, water additives like Auyda Clarity, natural food grocery dispensaries and pre-bottled water?

8. Leam says:

When I’ve purchased bottled natural sparkling spring water I’ve often thought how incredible it must be to drink straight from the source. I agree with others, it’s very enjoyable listening to Daniel Vitalis.

9. Stefan says:

Yes Kevin, I have sparkling spring water each winter when I am training on Gran Canaria. There is a spring in the mountains and it’s awesome! 🙂

My questions of the day for you: How do Annmarie and you celebrate World Raw Food Day on 10-10-10?

10. Gretchyn says:

Wow! loved this interview. I live in socal and have heard about deep creek and have been planning a trip there for sometime…can’t wait!
    Never had sparkling spring water…but i’m from missouri and while i was home visiting i had a terrible headache while i was on a float trip…we passed a spring and filtered some of the water and i took a swim in it…poof headache gone….magically wonderful water! Thanks for a great show! LOVED IT! I learn so much!

11. Jan says:

I ‘m sure it must be a wonderful thing to experience but I have not had sparkling spring water straight from the source.
    Thanks for another great video.

12. Sally R. says:

Loved the show, thank you for continuing to enlighten us all.

13. craigs says:

Yes there was an artesion spring where Ted Nugent owned a mink ranch Unfortently the pipe the water came out of was where they dumped things(the dump was there before ted owned it) This made me not trust the water. it did taste great though. I lived down the road and i had a shallow well about 30 feet the water tasted so good but,when i tested it ,it was full of nitrates from the corn fields. I never thought that maybe the water out of the artesion well might have been better. Wish i would have tested that water i just assumed it was full of nitrates too.But this interview enlightened me!

14. nancy says:

Oh…just at the end of the show you mentioned you were in Omaha!!! I just missed you, I am in North Platte ~ AND you guys just missed some of the largest Auquafirs (sp?) in the country..Ogallala Aqaufir located in the Great Sandhills of Nebraska!!! Live springs everywhere in this area ~ and yes magnificant water!

15. I HAVE HAD SPRING WATER FROM PINE COVE NEAR IDYLLWILD, CALIF. GLACIER WATER IN NEW ZEALAND AND WATER FROM MOUNT SHASTA, CALIF. WATER DOES HAVE DIFFERANT TASTES. I HAVE BEEN TOLD FROM DR. BENESH TAT DISTILLED WATER IS BETTER!

16. Mary says:

How about the ceramic water filters where you put the water on the top and it filters down through the ceramic and into a bottom container. I did try some once and it was wonderful! They are pricey though. Also, they claim that you can get pond water and filter it through and get clean water.
    I’m from Omaha. I like Florida better. I’ll also be looking back here to see if anyone posts on springs for FL. I would prefer Brevard County area.

17. Gordy says:

I live in Wisconsin. There are several sources of natural artisan wells for fresh spring water to go visit. There are 2 within just miles from my home. I haven’t filled up in a couple years now as I have excellent water from my 100+’ deep well. I haven’t had it tested, but it is naturally filtered through layers of limestone bedrock and gravel remnants of the glaciers from long ago. We are surrounded by some of the best sources of clean water, with tons of lakes creeks, rivers… and of course only about 35 miles from the Great Lakes region.

When I moved back to this part of the country from LA about ten years ago… One of the main reasons was water source and quality of fresh water lifestyle!

We are truly blessed here to access this gracious gift of water, something so available, valuable for a sustainable life!

18. Debra Johnson says:

Hello Kevin and Anne Marie,

Thank you for the information about the purest water. Excellent!

Where can I purchase or have access to spring water from a natural aquifer? Which filters for your home water system, such as showers, kitchen sinks,water pitchers, and refrigerators are safe and healthy, if you don’t have access to a natural spring water aquifer?

Thank you again for the excellent information on pure water. Congratulations to you and Ann Marie and God Bless you with success in your studies. I am currently enrolled in a Masters program of complementary alternative medicine.

19. Charlotte says:

I drink tap water from my brita pitcher. I know, I know, definitely not the best but it’s the best I can do right now. I’m a student/ athlete for my university and am extremely busy all the time. I don’t have the time to drive out to a spring. For those of us who do not have access to springs and have to resort to water filters (pitchers like brita and others) what is the best one to buy?

20. nick says:

I have not tasted a sparkling spring but thanks to Daniel I only drink spring water which Daniel told me about a couple of years ago. It was perfect timing for me I was confused about what type of water filter to get and concerned about the filter not getting flouride out or taking out the important minerals besides the cost of the filters now I do not have to worry about either!!! I never get tired of listening to Daneil even when I do not agree with him which is rare and definately not when it comes to water. SPring water is
    Natures SUPERFOOD!!!! It tastes great and makes you feel so good… Its amazing how many videos I have seen Daniel speak about water and every time I see one I learn something new! Keep them coming Kevin!!

21. Sophie says:

Hi Kevin, I find $29-$25 for a cup of cooking-eating oil very expensive. It is like medicine. How much of it should I have a day.Sophie

22. john says:

Kevin your guest has a lot interesting things things to say and enjoyed hearing what he has to say .But from what I learned and heard from radiological experts is our springs and water ways are in fact being contaminated expoentially ,Half life of these sources range to 4.5 TRILLION YEARS, and what Daniel has said about the natural filtration process taking thousands of years for water to seep back down to the springs and spring water coming out of springs as being unpolluted and clean and unaffected by contamination, (eg. NUCLEAR and the myriad of radiological DAUGHTERS it encompasses/STRONTIUM 90 ) I JUST REALLY LOVE to hear him say that . Except from what what I have hear over the years is that their are literally thousands of areas all over the US and other areas of the world where metric tonnages of all kinds of high level and deadly low level wastes in solid form and liquid form have been contaminating RIVERS, OCEANS, LAKES, WELLS,>>>and SPRINGS . Further More every day the US military COMPLEX does nuclear testing weather above ground or below ground cracking and breaking vast rock beds .The audience may not be aware of their are nuclear PROVING GROUNDS several locations in the USA like, Jefferson Indiana (southern indiana), Dug way Utah (northwest ),Aberdeen proving ground (out east ) ,San Diego California,NewMexico, Las vegas, and the spring Daniel likes very much from what he said is ARIZONA, ——–ARIZONA HAS A PROVING GROUNDS THEIR !!!!!!!!!!!!! also. What to do buy and INSPECTOR ALERT.COM a radiation meter to check ,check did I say CHECK ,yes I believe I said that, CHECK ALL foods and liquids before you put inside your mouth to consume.Including all water sources-Please. Your families future may depend on it ! Like very much to have Mr. Vitalis on to share more on what he knows on radiological contamination on water and food sources,and what foods or HERBS one can take to rid ones self of all radiological contamination.-Please.

23. vitamin b12 says:

I’ve never tasted spring water straight from the source, but would love to. One day I think I will travel around like Kevin does and get to experience all the natural things that I haven’t so far.

Very interesting video, but for most people living in the city, this isn’t really an option. It would be great if Daniel could talk about the best water options for us city dwellers.

24. Sharon says:

There’s a local spring that was shut down due to contamination. A friend of mine who worked for a mining company says in the past they used to just leave the very deep drill holes open. Now they must be filled with cement but there’s so many open ones that he thinks the water would be contaminated (BC, Canada).

Daniel’s Raw water was really good (thanks!) but a bit impractical for most of us.

I use a filter that’s really great. I miss it a lot when I’m away from home. It’s close to the way nature designed it (Kirlian photography confirms it). It has the major components like infrared (sun), magnetic energy, natural filters, etc. Not too expensive at about $300 (had it for about 8 years now with about $30 yearly filter costs).

Until that conference I didn’t know that Brita was owned by Chlorox now. Weird!

25. Marla says:

Kevin & Annmarie, Have you ever used Adya Clarity in your water? If so, what has been your experience? If not, could you do an interview with someone who has been using it?
    Thank you so much. Love your shows.

26. Stephen says:

In New Zealand we went searching for the best spring water and found it in the gold bearing rocks of Coromandel/Paeroa area where we found a farm with a great spring-comes out all year round like a fire hose-so we purchased the farm to have the spring.
    We now tap the spring 2 meters into the rock and gravity feed to our filling site through the forest- no sunlight-no bugs-a closed system. tested at about 75 parts per million minerals and about 100 years old.
    We ow sell a natural/ raw water in 17 litre recyclable black flagins to keep sunlight out-keeps water fresh even after 6 months.
    We also tweek this water with magnets and Browns gas which seems to work wonders for cholesterol lowering.
    Loved the talk.
    Love the talk

27. Kevin says:

i have had sparkling water brought to me by a friend from soda springs in tahoe ca, which is now on private property, what a treat

28. Henrik says:

Hi Kev

I have and I drink it almost every day, from a local spring close to where I live here in Denmark.
    And I actual know that Daniel love the water from that spring.

Henrik

29. Dave says:

Love you guys and watch this show religiously BUT….

As a hydrogeolgist have to say that there is a lot right in this video and some very WRONG!There is no “ripeness” to water, except in the olfactory sense. In other words, water may smell bad (like rotten eggs) or taste bad because of its mineral content, but NOT because of its age or readiness for human consumption. Also, natural springs arise not due to ‘capillary wicking’ (capillary action is a very weak dynamic force) but arise instead due to Darcy’s Law (i.e. water flows directionally based on pressure differentials).

The correct take home point with this video is the following: The older the water source, the more likely the water is of better quality because the chance for industrial chemical contamination is less. Consequently, the DEEPER the groundwater source is the more likely the water is from a pre-industrial age source. The shallower the water source is (i.e. springs), the more likely the water has come in contact with the industrial chemicals or recent human activity, via the water cycle or not. Spring water from the source may be free of bacterial contamination but not necessarily from chemical contamination.

Just trying to keep it real – this show, this time 🙂

30. melissa says:

Loved this show!! I learned a lot about why spring water is just so unique. Thank you for sharing!
    I’ve never had carbonated spring water before…sounds amazing!!

31. snowmoonelk says:

I wonder if there is lead in the glazed water bottle used by Daniel?

32. Tyra McMahon says:

I just ordered some ayda clarity! Excited to try it. What are your thoughts on this product?

33. Erica says:

Thanks. My personal preference is carbonated mineral water, e.g. perrier or the WholeFoods brand. I however agree with two of the previous comments. My thinking was like that of the person who regarded distilled water highly. I was led to believe that IT and not spring, certainly not tap, was the water with which our bodies was most compatible; and of those of us living in the neighbor(hood) where springs are nonexistent, which of the bottled springwaters should we drink? –And what of Carbonated mineral water and distilled water?I’m curious. Great Information. Always. Thank You, Erica