Dr. Joel Fuhrman Explains Essential Nutrients for Vegans : The Renegade Health Show Episode #660

Monday Sep 20 | BY |

Today, we’ll continue the interview with Dr. Joel Fuhrman…

In this clip, he discusses essential nutrients for vegans and what you can do to make sure that you’re getting all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals you need.

Your question of the day: What is your favorite temperature (or weather)?

If you’d like to learn more about Dr. Joel Fuhrman, please click here: http://www.drfuhrman.com

1. Sandy says:

72 with a slight ocean breeze.

2. Alison says:

77-78 and sunny

3. Sandy says:

If you are in Denver, come on up to Berthoud and visit me!!

4. Sandy says:

Berthoud is between Longmont and Loveland.

5. LeAnn says:

Thanks Kevin…still looking for some of your great “straight talk” on pH. Can you be too alkaline? Seems like a healthy diet could lead to this. What is the ideal urine and saliva pH and when is the best time to test. If your pH is out of balance, you will not assimilate your minerals very well, do you agree? Thanks so much! -LeAnn

6. Nick says:

Womb temperature.

7. Sandi S says:

72 degrees on a sunny Fall day with night temps in the 50’s. I love Autumn!!!!!

8. Angie Leigh says:

Fall waether! Right now! My favourite season 🙂

9. Joe says:

Naked temperature. 🙂

Between 25/40 °C, depending on humidity, direct sunlight and wind.

Are clothes invented by god? :)))

Love you… all!

10. Hi Kevin,
    I love the sunny weather with 30°C (90 F)… not right now in Normandy with only 60 F but sunny.
    Maybe I will get a job soon working in clinical research on HIV in Yaoundé (Cameroon) for the medical center of Rouen and Institute Pasteur.
    I will love the hot weather in Yaoundé, I think.
    Dr. Jérôme

11. Great show today. Love Dr. Fuhrman. Thanks for having an expert on this week to balance out the anti-vegan perspective.
    Favorite temp? 80 degrees with a nice breeze! Not something I get to experience since moving to the Northcoast from sunny southern California. 🙂

12. I like 80-degree weather and it can be anything. Sunny, windy, rainy. If its 70 degree, please be sunny! If its 90 degree, please be windy! That is the perfect weather for me.

Question: Is Dr. Mercola the only Dr. who is concerned about soy? The one you interviewed here even SUGGESTS eating soy.

13. Nova says:

naked~on~the~beach weather, with a gentle tropical breeze kissing the palm trees….

14. john says:

Excellent interview Kevin and questions you asked .Like to have more interviews with Dr.fuhrman ,a good honest man. I like 75*-85* give or take 5* either way. With a soft gentle balmy breeze.

15. Liz says:

Kevin,
    How are those b12 patches working for you? i read some reviews that said those patches don’t work.

16. Jan says:

70 to 75 degrees is great with the sun bright.

17. Mary says:

Oh my goodness…Fall! I just stepped out of my shoe that is no longer tight, after having swollen feet all through the hot weather. Each September 1st, my birthday, it is noticeably cooler. As a child, I felt like it was New Year’s Day…even though I knew nothing of the financial year etc. Tomorrow…Happy Peace Day everyone!

18. Maggie says:

As a Florida girl, I prefer it warm — Mid to low 80’s but with low humidity (which we don’t get a lot of down here!).

19. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

Liz, thanks for posting.

There are a lot of opinions and information on the internet that may or may not be true. If you read some of those reviews, there are also counter reviews that say the patch was extremely effective at raising levels.

The best way to figure out what works is to try it yourself.

Otherwise, you’ll never get anything accomplished, you’ll just feed into the paralysis that the back and forth puts you into. 🙂

20. Sharon says:

I like it hot and sunny.

21. Veronika says:

Thank so much for these videos from Dr. Fuhrman! They’ve been really helpful.

I love weather around 75 degrees and sunny.

22. Toni Kaste says:

75-80 with a light warm breeze.

It’s been near perfect here on Long Island (NY) lately! Come visit!

23. EXACTLY what it is now in the mountains of Colorado! 65-70 cool crisp days, 35 nights. The weather the past few weeks has been unbelievable with the leaves changing in the background for our entertainment.

Please come up and see us in the mountains! 🙂 Love love love your show!

24. Kevin,
    Autumn weather.

I took a hard look at my B12 intake as soon as you mentioned those patches. I decided I needed a supplement to trial and error. I was at my local whole foods who didn’t carry the patch but they did carry a rather affordable supplement made from extracted whole food sources, ex. red kale, beets, raspberries.. the list goes on for a good paragraph… here is my trial and error results: There’s a HUMONGO change in my energy in just four days. It’s been six days in total and I feel even better than I did last week when I thought there was no way I could feel better than that! What say you on this kind of supplement? It works for me!!

Here’s to autumn weather and awesome health!
    Cheers,
    -Zoe

25. KAREN BEATTIE says:

I LIKE THE FALL TIME WHEN THE APPLES ARE CRISP AND THE MOUNTAIN AIR IS COOL, THE SEMI TROPICAL WEATHER WITH AVOCADOES, PLUS THE TROPICAL MANGO AND PAPAYA WARM WRATHER IS GOOD ALSO. THE HUMID HOT WEATHER ISN’T COMFORTABLE.

26. suzy+ says:

I agree w/Nova!

27. Rae says:

70 degrees and a fair amount of rain. Great interview, and I hope Susan Schenck profits from it. Now that Bill Clinton is vegan I hope he won’t backslide because of not knowing how to fine tune his diet. Well, he’s not totally vegan yet since he still eats a little fish, but he’s well on his way, according to an interview on VegSource.com.
    BTW, Kevin, did your 5-day fast help you from a nutritional standpoint. I don’t think you ever actually said.

28. Kathryn says:

I live in Boulder County and I love the 40’s and 70’s. This is a bit on the hot side for me, but I will not complain. I LOVE COLORADO!! 🙂

29. Michael says:

I’m enjoying the hot days of Arizona! I rode my bike for over an hour in the hot afternoon sun then came home and ate some watermellon to re-hydrate and I also remembered Kevin mentioning previously that watermellon was the best thing to have after exercise.

Well…today I read this article by Mercola…http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2010/07/27/the-growing-promise-of-shorter-more-intense-strength-training-workouts.aspx

He talks about the 2 foods you should never ever eat after exercise and fruits/fruit juices is one of them! It obliterates your body’s ability to make HGH, which is essential for healthy ageing.

30. steve says:

is rainy a temperature?

31. Joe Leca says:

Around 75 degrees. Especially at night. I love warm nights.

32. Annie says:

Favorite temperature: 50-60. Fall!

33. Mary says:

Spring and Fall have the best temperatures for me. I am in Castle Rock, just south of Denver. 🙂

34. Dee says:

60’s – 70’s with a nice breeze, low humidity. I love the fall in New England.

I agree with someone above how this interview is such a nice contrast to previous interview. It has such a balanced approach.

35. Tyra McMahon says:

I take Raw D3 from Garden of Life called Vitamin Code! It’s vegetarian. 2,000 IU per capsule. I feel it’s one of the best out there. Just thought I’d share.

36. Dana says:

I love warm weather and sunshine 80-85 but can tolerate in the low 90’s as well. I love summer storms when it is still warm with thunder, ligtning and rain, especially at night. I live in Utah with a climate similar to CO. The fall is beautiful and I do enjoy the crisp air as long as the sun is out. The problem is that winter will be just around the corner. Every year I say “I don’t think I can make it through another long, cold, dark winter, I need to move”. Hasn’t happened yet so I will enjoy having hot soups and tea, a warm blanket and a good book.

Thanks for everything Kevin!!
    Dana

37. nancy says:

i don’t mind the rain and clouds but i can’t stand the cold!