Pain Gone After 41 Day Water Fast (Part 8) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #637

Wednesday Aug 18 | BY |

Here is the second part of our water fasting interview with Christina…

In this part, she explains what it was like to do a 41 day water fast and what it took to bring her to True North.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: Could you do a 41 day water fast?

If you’d like to learn more about the True North Health Center, please visit their website here: http://www.healthpromoting.org

1. eyla says:

Same as Kevin, only if my life depended on it,
    I wouldn’t just do it for curiosity,
    for spiritual reasons perhaps,
    but it doesn’t sound like a barrel of laughs!

2. Charlotte says:

I am interested in doing a water fast one day but I would definitely do it at a center. I think I would do maybe 5 to 10 days at the most. I’m about 105 pounds so I don’t think I could do 40 days, lol.

3. Leam says:

If I saw benefit from it I would try to stick with it, however my energy is already low so I don’t know how I would sustain. I think she said it took a number of days before she felt a difference. I don’t know if I would have enough patience to wait for results. Right now I don’t have the circumstances to step out of my life for such a long period of time. Really appreciated her calm, articulate interview.

4. Zoe Raine Simmons says:

Probably.
    But only if I could afford to do it supervised.
    On that note,
    As a 21 year old college student I’ve been thinking about taking some time during winter break to detox. Do you think doing a juice fast for a week by my self (with roommates around) is a dangerous idea?
    I’m in good health, a vegan, 5’8″ 150 lbs, with no serious health ailments ever.
    Thanks for being you,
    Zoe

5. Kurt says:

Kevin, do you have any tips to eliminate bloating? Often I feel bloated all day, and when I go to sleep I feel bloated, then the next morning I’m feeling fine, until I start eating again. Gas and constipation accompany this. Could it be candida? Should I cut out all sugar, even from fruit?

6. Henrik says:

I think I’d be able to do it if I truly believed that it would help me overcome some serious health issue.

7. Tara Burner says:

I’ve done 90 day fast but only 20 of that was water the rest was juice… may have to give a 40+ day water fast a try…will pray about that 🙂

8. Jolie says:

I think I could do the 40 day fast with supervision and if I were at a place like True North where I would be isolated from food for the most part.
    I tried to fast by myself once and one morning when I woke up my heart rate was really high and scared me, so I stopped.

9. Gretchyn says:

hmmm..i definitely would only fast that long if i had some serious healing to do. I’ve only fasted for a day…but would love to try a longer fast some time…just for the experience.
    My question for today? What do you think about coffee enemas? Have you done this? too stimulating?

10. Karen says:

Yeah, like you said Kevin, only if I had to. Thanks for the interview.

11. Veronika says:

Thank you Christina for having the courage to come on camera! Your testimonial is very helpful.

12. Isabel says:

No way! I’m only 110 pounds and I have adrenal fatigue, so I need lots of healthy food and supplements daily to pull through a normal day with a workout. I did a 7 day water fast, but I was in my early twenties back then and the adrenal fatigue wasn’t as bad as now (I’m 49). If I had a life threatening illness, I would just have tried other alternative healing methods, there are lots of them! Check out the Healing Codes (www.TheHealingCodes.com), they’ve been pretty helpful to me and my friends!

13. Sara says:

I have done a 92-day juice feast, a 65-day juice feast and a multitude of other juice fasts ranging from 2 days to 3 weeks. I could do a 40-day water fast only if i didn’t have to work. I think the more intense the cleanse is, the more of a break your body needs. I recommend juicing and fasting to everyone (the length depends on you) Its amazing what it can do for your body.

14. hyesun says:

no wayyyyyyyy!!! like charlotte, i’m about 105 lb. great interview, by the way. i’m so glad that she had a successful fast. she looked and sounded very vibrant and healthy. i wonder how much weight she lost. unfortunately, my 21 day fast at true north in 2007 turned out to be a disaster, which i mentioned in an earlier post. i probably still haven’t recovered – still have many major health issues that started during the fast, peripheral neuropathy for one, which came about during the last couple days of my fast. 3 years later it’s still with me. i was too toxic and didn’t weigh enough to do such a long fast. i’m afraid to ever fast again. maybe a one or two day juice fast?

kevin, did you do any kind of colon cleansing during your fast?

15. Stephen says:

I am just finishing 10 day water fast at home while still working full time-no problems and feeling great-lost about 8kgms,not muscle.Made sure i was drinking my raw spring water reularly to stop stomach contracting.
    Your enquirer on coffee enimas-look at Magnesium Oxide colon cleanses-cleans the whole colon, not just the last third-feels great as it also releases oxygen to blood-is simple as it is a teaspoon in a glass of water last thing at night followed by a glass of lemon juice, continued for 7 days.Great result as I have been thru the 17 day herbal cleanses and this works better.

16. john says:

Excellent coverage Kevin ,by far one of the best programs. Like to thank you for the power knowledge of water as it cleans inside and out and hydrates our cells as well as many other good things for our bodies. I am like you Kevin I could do a 41 day water fast if my life depended on it . Would be interesting what kind of water Christina drank during her fast and how much and how often she drank in the course of a day.Spring water ,distilled,ozone,micro cluster water,plain water. I am so HAPPY for her and her LOVED ONES who hung in their for her.

17. Maggie says:

No way, Jose! I actually wouldn’t even consider a fast for that long of a time. I admire her for the courage and stamina she had to have done it and am happy for her that she had such good results. However, reading Hyesun’s testimony of her attempt at a long fast would certainly make me only consider a short fast. Very interesting interview, Kevin.

18. Marcla Green says:

Not sure about a 40 day but am anxious to try a 5 or 7 day fast. Trying to get into the website Kevin, keeps saying it’s forbidden. Want to find links to safe places in my area that are like True North.

19. awesome interview!

i did a 42 day coconut water cleanse, which was amazing and i journaled it on my blog, http://www.rawsomegal.wordpress.com and you can read the whole thing by going to the archive starting in december 2009 and i share with you my experiences and things i used as adjuncts to help me along to detox during the time of my cleanse

namaste!
    chef mindy aka ageless raw beauty and low-fat raw vegan

20. Oscar says:

I have trouble making it from breakfast to lunch! (but seriously)I have done juice (with water) on weekends. Also since eating only salads for lunch I found I don’t get the “after lunch sluggishness” and the 3:00 crash. Thanks Kevin and Annemarie for these wonderful daily clips.

21. hyesun says:

TO JOHN (#15):

at true north they only believe in distilled water all the time. forever and ever amen. unless it’s changed since i was there. doubt it though.

22. The first time i fasted was for 45 days under Dr Victoria Vetrano supervaising and i got redy of my problem. the wellnest laste 31 years and come back by not fallowing the good way of living. the second time i fasted was under Dr. Tosca Haag for 28 days and again i got redy of the problem ( ostheo arthritis, right hip) HEALTH IS EASY, IT IS STRAIGHTFORWARD, AND IT IS DIRECT. AND FOR THE MOST PART, IT IS AVAILABLE FREE OF CHARGE IF YOU INVOKE THE HEALING POWER OF SUNLIGHT, PURE WATER, STRESS REDUCTION, EXERCISE, AND HEALTHY FOOD CHOICES

23. Barbara S says:

I could and I have. I did a 42 day water fast, about 2 weeks of which was at a fasting place in Thailand and the rest was on my own. The fast is easy, what is difficult is maintaining a healthy diet when you’ve finished.
    I would like to say that this everybody keeps saying about how it’s possible to get a salad anywhere, is just not true. Maybe for you people who live in the States it might be somewhat easy, although I’ve found that when traveling across the States by car, it is often very difficult to get a decent salad, it is usually IMPOSSIBLE to get a salad when traveling or living in Asia. Salads are a Western dish. In most of Asia people do not eat uncooked vegetables, and in fact, much of it is not safe because of the conditions under which vegetables are grown.

24. Barbara says:

A water fast is great if you are healthy and want to do some deep cleaning, however, I would warn against doing an intense fast without working with a professional, if you have health problems.

I went against the advice of my holistic doc and insisted on juicing for a week…within days I had muscle aches and everyone told me not to worry, just detox symptoms. By the end of the week, I could barely move and now over a month later, I am suffering from fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. I’ve been raw for 8 mos and was slowly working to heal….my body was NOT ready for juice and my professional knew that.

IF your body is not detoxing normally, and you have blocked bile ducts, viruses or other blockages, doing a fast like this can pump too many toxins at one time, trying to exit your body. The liver can’t handle it all, so the stress is sent to other parts of the body. My immune system was already compromised and juicing veggies, not fruit and (not even fasting)put me into a worse place than I was before. I am sad and frustrated and in a LOT of pain. I’m going back to my doc ASAP….

Most people who experience this do not speak up…and all we hear are the success stories and then everyone assumes if it works for me..and I healed..others should too. Not the case. We are all different and fasting and flushing can do more harm than good if you have health problems. Speak to a professional and don’t just attempt things like this on your own…..

I think juicing and fasting are great and i can’t wait until I am able to do them…but please beware, if you are dealing with serious health issues….

25. Ray Deckert says:

You can do a lot of things if your need is great enough. If my life depended on it, like Ker- yes. If not it would be difficult and I would definitely want to do it a True North.

26. Angela says:

I agree, if my life depended on it. I have done a 1 day juice fast once, which I did feel benefited from. I want to do that again sometime. Someday I will do a water fast, but I have 2 kids to keep up with and the juice fast kept my energy up. The only draw back was the aggrevation of being hungry-obviously…how do you feel Kevin after a few days of recovery?

27. Ineke says:

I agree with Kevin. Besides I only weigh 94 pounds. (5 ft 2) Actually I’m curious if they would put a person like me on a water fast. I would trust them though. Under supervision I would may be do a 5 day water fast.However, I totally understand why Christina came to True North and I think her testimony is a huge victory for the clinic. BRAVO!!

If I had a serious health condition I would go with (green) juices Hippocrates style.(cucumber, sprouts, garlic, kale etc) I drink a lot of them already and I just love it. I don’t like carrot juice anymore..too sweet. BTW Kevin, i got a full blood panel done. I have a holistic MD and this has been the first time that we did such extensive blood work. Everything looks excellent. My vitamin D is in the lower normal range so I will do some supplementation. I also want to mention that I’m not a 100% vegan but I follow a mostly plant based diet. I can do this because I allow myself leeway for the 5 % -10% fun as you call it in your ebook “High Raw” You only live once and sometimes I think it is healthy to throw all the (un)healthy ideas out of the window.

28. Sarah says:

If my life depended on it or I was living with constant pain, like Christina was. And of course, only under experienced medical supervision, like at True North!

29. anastasios says:

“Your Body’s Many Cries For Water” by dr F.Batmanghelidj is a powerfull book that proves the importance of water.
    Our body runs on water.Don’t forget it!
    When i have health issues like fever and headaches i fast on water untill it’s gone.I have never failed!

30. Sharon says:

I’d love to try it. My life is too busy but it would be a great vacation and break from food. I think we could all use a long fast. We get too addicted to food. Of course we need to eat but it doesn’t hurt to leave it out now and again and it’s easier to do a long fast than just one or two days. I did a week once but I had a toddler and it was a bit hectic and like Barbara’s experience I shouldn’t have done it. I’d done lots of juicing before, up to two weeks at a time but just water was far too stressful for my liver with the amount of mercury in my body.

What kind of schooling is required to help supervise fasting? Nurse? MD or ND? I think it would be a rewarding job to see people healing like Christina.

Great series!

31. Steve says:

I once did a 21-day water fast but it was broken down into 4 segments. I did 6 day fast, 1 day eat, 5 day fast, 1 day eat, 4 day fast, 1 day eat, 3 day fast. On the eat days I had a small salad for lunch (maybe cucumber, tomato and onion) and 2 steamed vegetables for dinner (maybe broccoli and zuchini). At the end I was truly exhausted and it took me weeks to get my strength back. I think one of the reasons for this was because I only weigh 140 lbs. The weight came off very rapidly and people who saw me thought I was dying. LOL. I’m not sure I could do it again. If I was overweight I could definitely do it.

I was told that for most people it is dangerous to do a very long fast because if you are very toxic the toxins released could kill you. True North seem to disagree with this. I’d be interested to know if Kevin had a comment on this.

32. Lorein says:

I did an 11 day fast on just water in my early 20’s while maintaining my regular schedule. Went to work every day, did my usual at home chores, just kept on with my life in the process. After the first three days I stopped getting hungry and it wasn’t something I had to think about or work to maintain. I just didn’t think about eating. I stopped because I really didn’t feel any real benifit, I wasn’t getting weak or hungry. So yes, if I had a need, I could do it. I used to be a big faster, haven’t done it in years. Just didn’t see any real bennies.

33. Pat says:

Kevin where is True North????? Located

34. PE says:

I have fasted 40 days, most of it alone in the Mojave Desert, musing on creosote bush, a coyote skull and a lone Joshua tree.
    At the end I told friends, Now I know why Jesus did his 40 days, and why he never repeated it.

35. Sue Paterson says:

Would love to try it but think I will start with a 10-14 day water fast first and see how it goes. Continuing good eating habits afterwards is always the bigger challenge.

36. Carol says:

HI Kevin:

I’d like to know how you felt different between the water fast and the cleanse/detox that you did with Frederick.

37. Rhonda D says:

I will have to agree with Kevin if my life depended upon it. but a 5-10 fast I would be willing to try supervised of course.

38. Traci says:

If I thought that it would rid of me some dis-ease, definitely. Otherwise, I wouldn’t go longer than 21 days.

39. briannaG says:

I think I would actually die if I did. I think. Just because I only weigh 110 lbs (on a good day). But maybe, when I reach a healthier weight I could stand a 41-day fast. Right now I would just loose too much weight I think.

I really really want to try True North once I’ve achieved a healthier weight. I think it would be a fascinating experience.

40. Jessic a says:

Helllll No, I think I’m to thin….. If I was heavier and suffering then yes I would. 😉

41. John says:

Could I? Yes. Would I? Like you, not unless I truly felt like I had to, and years and years of living with a headache would certainly be a reason for it. Christina is an inspiration.

42. Kelly says:

I would like to do a 40 day feast holding on to the words in scripture that states that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I know some of you will not like this, but you do use what works for you and I will use what works for me…(with all due respect)

43. Lise says:

Hi,
    Thank you Kevin and Anne-Marie for your dedication and the good information.
    Yes I think I could do a 41 days fast. I have done a 21 days fast with water only and at the end it was not difficult I could have continued. And I went through all sort of healing.
    Have a good day,

44. stephanie says:

What was her injury? So curious to know this!!!

45. Britton Zogg says:

This was such a lovely interview! Thank you so much for the post.