16 Year Headache Gone after Water Fast (Part 7) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #636

Tuesday Aug 17 | BY |

While we were at True North, we met some incredible people with incredible stories…

Christina’s may be the most inspiring. For 16 years she’d had a headache due to inflammation caused by an automobile accident. She took a leap of faith and decided to come to True North to do a water fast (41 days!).

Here is her story…

Your question of the day: What do you think of Christina’s story?

If you’d like to learn more about the True North Health Center, please visit their website here: http://www.healthpromoting.org

1. Alicia says:

What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing! It must be horrible to live in constant pain everyday. Good Luck to you Christina, I hope you soon will be pain free everyday!

2. Velda says:

What an awesome lady!! Great interview! She is very articulate. I’m surprised, however, that her doctors would even think about letting her do a water fast for more than 40 days. I was taught a very long time ago, that the body can do without food for 40 days, and after that your body begins to deteriorate. Apparently her body told her that it was enough. I’m really glad she let you do the interview.

3. Doug from Dallas says:

41-day water fast for everyone! Seriously considering this now in the near future. Imagine all the possible health issues that might be resolved.

4. Celia says:

Wonderful for her after 16 years of pain!. You never know where the solution will come from. Cheers!

5. thanks kevin

awesome chrisitina!
    you did your body good and now you can spread the message of awesome results with water fasting
    look forward to hearing more from you

i, myself, do better with using stevia in my water and get phenomenal results with cleansing and did a 42 day cleanse with coconut water and stevia in water

you can read my blog that i wrote documenting my day-to-day experiences at http://www.rawsomegal.wordpress.com
    click on archives starting in december 2009 to read it from the beginning of the cleanse

namaste!
    chef mindy aka ageless raw beauty

6. Mila Ilina says:

This is wonderful, thank you!

7. Barbara says:

I think i am GOING!!!!

8. Jolie says:

It is amazing that she doesn’t look gaunt and thin after 40 days of water fasting!
    Now I want to do it too!!

9. stephanie says:

Timely for me to hear this. I’ve been freaked out since I have a headache (BAD) for 10 days after a blow to the head resulting in a mild concussion. I’ve been having fear my headache won’t go away. I would have never thought yesterday when you said you were bringing this on, it would be dealing with a headache from head injury. Thanks for sharing True North as an option…and thanks for sharing her story!

10. Leam says:

Thank you for sharing her story! I have had a chronic, painful condition for about the same amount of time as her. I have always been intrigued by such a fast, however, I was always so fearful of how my body would detox. Attempting such an undertaking with fear in my heart didn’t seem like a healthy place to start. Christine’s story has really inspired me.

11. Natasha says:

Yeah Christina!

Fasting is good for us. The Bible says when we fast with a pure heart, our health will spring forth speedily.

This is a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing it.

12. EFT-Tapper says:

Does Christina know about tapping? Send her to Carol Look! She needs to feel positive that this pain-free living will stay!

13. Christy Bull says:

Hi Kevin,
    Thank you for this beautiful testimony. It is indeed a miracle for her to be pain-free after 16 years of pain. I think most of feel health and pain can be treated naturally but unfortunately most of us are not up for the challenge that WE ourselves have to devote to helping this come about in our bodies. We also many times need an I will do whatever it takes for as long as it takes to help my body regain it’s health. Most of us too often give up the short term plan (maybe a rather long-term plan in some cases)for the long term goals of health and wellness that we want. I applaud this wonderful lady for her shear determination to help herself and do the homework and research that it takes and how wonderful that she witnessed the payoff of all of that in her body! How inspiring!

Christy

14. Erin says:

AWESOME! Sooo happy she has found some relief. Thank you so much for sharing this.

15. Diane says:

I’m blown away at how a person can possibly fast for 41 days, and especially a water fast. I know Jesus did it, but I can’t imagine even a 3 day fast quite honestly.

16. Gail says:

This piece was awesome! I know about the clinic, since I live nearby. I met Dr. Goldhamer about a year and a half ago. He’s a very likable and compassionate person.
    I appreciate your hard work and research that you have shared with us. Thank you!

17. Julianne Love says:

Thank you, Kevin, Annmarie, and Christina. You’ve broadened my horizons and I’ve been able to learn about many new things that would have passed me by were it not for the internet and Renegade Health.

For example, on Day 1 of your fast, Kevin, Carl K. wrote a comment and recommended a book:

Much appreciation to Carl to bringing this book to my attention. It has been helpful at clearing up many things for me about diet, fasting and health.

18. jos says:

Wonderful story! Well done Christina, you are such a courageous lady! Good luck for a headache free future!
    Kevin what a great story and I am looking forward to listen to Christina again tomorrow.

19. Terrie says:

Congratulations Christina – your hard work paid off!
    A wonderful story by a good looking babe.

20. Ray Deckert says:

That was great. It`s just another example of the miracles of fasting as described in Paul Bragg`s book, :”The Miracle of Fasting”. Thanks for the report.

21. Awesome story! And True North is in Canada!! It would be a great retreat.

I am going to pass this link on to my friend who has had a constant headache since she had meningitis about 6 or 7 years ago and almost died.

Many thanks for getting this interview. I look forward to the rest of it,

Connie

22. Hey guys, you can learn more about fasting at http://www.detoxordie.com. I have done two short water only fasts since I watched that free 1-hr video online and am in the midst of doing a third. This time I want to go five or six days. I don’t know if I could ever go 40 days by choice, but I’m trying to heal up something going on in my stomach so if I have to I have to.

Kev, maybe you can see if Dr. Jeff Hazim is up for an interview??? You can contact him at info@wellwithu.com. Tell him Connie Lacelle sent you.

Connie

23. Cynthia says:

interesting and inspiring– a friend and I were just discussing fasting today. I’ve done several ‘water’ fasts and a couple of 2-week+ ones, but the last one was not the pleasant experience I had before. I know that the next time I fast I will do it with good supervision and support. Thanks for presenting this Kevin!

24. Monique says:

Thanks so much for sharing this story as well as your experience @ True North. I have had a free consult w/Dr. Goldhamer and plan to go as soon as I figure out how to finance it. I know what this woman is talking about having lived with pain for that long. I similarly have experienced ongoing neck pain in varying levels of intensity from a childhood injury.. as well as chronic diarrhea for 10 years. Living life w/out the pain and having a regular normal bowel movements would be heaven to me!

25. Henrik says:

Wow. I had migraines a couple of times a week for nine years. But since I went raw, I haven’t had a single one, and it feels so amazingly incredible to be free from that.

I can imagine that this lady must feel ten times as happy. She’s an incredibly strong person though.
    A lot of people with cronic headache end up killing themselves. It takes something to put up with that for 16 years. And then being able to do a 41 day water fast on top of that.

26. Maria says:

Well now, when will the medical profession get out of the doldrums, ditch the drug approach and try some real cures? I am sick to death of paying out large sums of money, for minimal consultation, to be told that, well we just don’t have an answer.

If any one out there can help my daughter who has hypothyrodism, to regain her once-beautiful hair and perhaps arrest the eye-sight problems, please let me know. I no longer trust doctors.

Presently we follow an 80% raw diet, but any other help would be gratefully received.

27. Vickie says:

The body is very capable of repairing itself if we just give it a chance. This interview has re-inspired me to take on another fast. I have done one in the past and felt fantastic. Truly a miracle.

28. Mary Artemis says:

AMAZING. I hope all the people on this page and all the people of the world get to do a water fast. I made it for 11 days and hope next time to try it for more – but even another 11 would be great or any amount of time less than that!

There are not many places to do this in the country. I went down to Panama to Tanglewood Health Center for mine.

It’s amazing to feel the old energy from childhood reappear!!

29. Mary Artemis says:

One more thing….
    It is obvious to me that this is an inborn program from God, if you will. Who would have guessed that this healing program would be inside us? It burns out tumors, inflammation causing agents, bacteria, virus, placque, fat, clears out all our cells………

30. Toni Kaste says:

I REALLY believe in getting tested for food allergies. A holistic doctor can do an IgG test for many foods. If you eat something that you are allergic to you will have inflammation. Check out my research blog…finding out and avoiding foods I am allergic to made an incredible difference in my life!

31. OM says:

Reminds me of Arnold Ehret who wrote several books on fasting and talked about the amazing healing that comes with fasting as long as necessary. What an incredible tool we all have and we each should know how to use it. i have done two 40 day fasts and lots of shorter ones and it is the best healing method I know. It is important to learn how to fast correctly but doing so can heal your life.

Peace, Love and Harmony,
    OM

32. Marcla Green says:

Christina needs to STAY organic!!! I suffered from migraines and daily headaches until I went 100% organic!!!! Also meat seems to trigger headaches with me, since slipping from 80%raw, and going back to some meat for a while, i was getting headaches again….I listened to my body and went veggie again. Still not 100% organic because I’m trying to buy from local farmers…

33. Mark Brend says:

What sort of water do they use at true north?
    thanks

34. Sophia says:

What an inspiring story! It changes your perspective about your body, that it has amazing healing abilities. Congratulations to Christina!!!

35. briannaG says:

Amazing. I’m pretty sure I want to try going to True North. Any idea on the price point? I think I’d have to save for it a bit.

Congratulations Christina 🙂 What a wonderful story of healing. I love this stuff!

36. Cindy says:

Wow! I don’t know how Christina got through that for 16 years. I once had a raging headache nonstop for 4 days & couldn’t stand it. I finally tried something my husband told me about that his family did when he lived in Mexico, which was tying slices of potatoes with Vicks spread on them to my forehead with a bandanna. It worked miracles. I’ve since tried that many times, & it always works.

I also once fasted on water for 6 days at home, something I’ll never do again. I got very sick & lost a lot of weight, making me look anorexic. It took me a long time to gain my health back & the weight.

37. Andrew Norris says:

Let us know how she gets on. Would love a follow up interview in say a month.

38. Sue Paterson says:

Great story! Thanks for sharing. Isn’t the natural healing ability of the body amazing?

39. Christine says:

That story sounds incredible!
    Is it advisable to try a three day water fast at home without the presence of a Doctor?

40. Diana Crider says:

Wow, that is a powerful fasting story. I can’t wait to hear more tomorrow.

I bought the “Tapping” book and dvd and am listening to all the bonus audio’s that went with it. I’m now thinking it would probably be beneficial for Christina to do some tapping to deal with the fear of the pain coming back.

I have just begun tapping to deal with emotional eating and it’s beginning to really take hold and for the first time in 25 years I am confident that I can “rewire” my brain to get rid of this problem. Thanks for letting me know about this powerful tool Kevin!

41. Estella says:

Love stories like this so this is one of my favorite shows so far… You should do more of this; it really moves us to action! Thank you

42. john says:

Excellent interview —-I mean kevin, it was Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I will pray and hope the very Best for beautiful Christina and pray she will be totally healed !! I know someone who shares the same similar situation as Christina but the accident happened about 45years ago.And has caused him neuropathy and lose of feeling in the tongue,facial paralysis ,headaches,lose of feeling in feet and toes and tingling in arms and legs. Would love it HIGHLY Kevin if you would do a CONTINUOUS follow up on Christina if it is all right with her and she does not mind a brief interview or phone interview at her convenience. I find what she has to say is very valuable .She strikes me as a truthful and honest and genuinely sincere person and the words coming out of her mouth I take to heart all because I believe she is stating the truth about herself. I hope the Best for Christina and all pain abandon her body.

43. OK Kevin, you win. I start my 5 day water fast tomorrow at high noon. If it works out for me I will do it until my doctor tells me to quit. This will not be easy for me because I have diabetes with all of it’s complications and my body weight is 488 pounds in my bathrobe, that’s 12 pounds shy of a quarter of a ton. I will be supervised over the phone every week with someone at my doctors office. Wish me luck, here I go…

44. We are curious about Christina’s Phylosophy. 16 years of pain!?! Unbelievable.

She seems so collected. Is this a new state of being or her normal personality even when she had the headache? (I am frantic when I have a headache.)

45. nancy says:

wow! amazing!water is a miracle medicine…

46. Katya says:

Thank you for sharing this story. How wonderful that Christina is finally pain free! However, I would like to see her be free of the fear of returning headaches, as well as have her body be able to maintain its ability to be free of inflammation. There is a very effective approach to doing just that, as well as limitless other maladies, by working on the underlying damage and causes, no matter what they are. It’s The BodyTalk System (www.bodytalksystem.com), and it interfaces wonderfully with other healthcare systems whether traditional or holistic. I highly recommend it! We have had phenomenal success with situations like this and countless other cases where nothing else has worked.

47. Jackie says:

Click here: YouTube – The Sedona Method Introduction
    Check out the Sedona Method ~
    The book is the same title ~
    ” The Sedona Method ” by Hale Dwoskin
    It is also on the New York Times Best Seller list .
    Very amazing…simple to do…and it WORKS !

48. jackie says:

Awesome interview….and for #25 Monique’s neck issues, you may want to consider finding a chiropractor who uses the NUCCA technique if the water fast doesn’t work. My neck was bothering me for years, and with a few little adjustments it now seems to be on the way to being completely healed! NUCCA might help with your other issue, too.

49. Andrea says:

I am so impressed. Wish I had the guts to do a fast like that. I will one day but not today.

50. Kelly says:

Wow Christina what a great testimony of how this has worked for you! I cannot wait to hear the rest of the story! I would love for at the very last my husband to go through this in a medically supervised environment, like True North…he has had so many health issues the past few years, and some of these alt issues have been aggravated or made worse and not getting any better by the use of prescriptions. He wants off of all of them and to begin feeling better! He has been fr the past 2+ months trying and doing well on fixing what he can n regards to his health issues on his own with at least a high raw lifestyle, and cutting out all processed foods and sugar… oh boy this supervised water fast would truly be a blessing to help him…but unfortunately our limited income from SSDI due to my husband being disabled would keep us from doing this…if we could go on a scholarship or something (if available) it would be a HUGE blessing!

51. Tina says:

Hi Monique #24
    I also has a small bout of diarrhea for three months. I thought it would clear up, run its course and be gone. But no it did not. the pain was so bad on two occasions that I fell off toilet cut my head open and bruised my cheek,nose and jaw. Until I tried some Kefir good bug drink. I had three glasses and gone never to return. Might be worth a shot, you just don’t know what your bowels are needing.

All the best hugs from me
    Tina

52. Ingrid says:

How interesting! I’ve luckily never had to deal with headaches myself, but it would be interesting to know if the doctors at the retreat have an explanation to what changed or shifted in her body to cause the pain relief.

Best of luck to Christina! I hope she continues to be pain-free.

Kevin and Annmarie, I look forward to seeing you at the Longevity Conference! 🙂

53. Colleen says:

what a wonderful story. i am so happy for Christina. she has her life back now.

54. Rhonda D says:

Wow What a great story! 16 yrs thank goodness she listened to herself and didn’t wait any longer.

Thank you so much for sharing this story I just love this kind of information.

55. Ruth Sanchez says:

I have two similiar stories. The first is a story about my mother a number of years ago. She was in her 80’s at that time and had many health problems. She began calling my brother and I around 11 PM each evening stating she needed to go to the emergency room. I was aware of fasting and out of desperation decided to send her to Center for Chiropractic and Conservative Therapy (now True North.) As I recall, she stayed 2 weeks. They didn’t water fast her but changed her to a vegetarian diet and juice fasted her the last 3 days. She came home a different person and I don’t remember another emergency room call. I also did a 3 day water fast on my own (about 28 years ago) after being on about 10 different drugs for a problem that my doctor at the time assumed I had. I had problems with all of these drugs and he ended up putting me on DES, (bad decision!!!) After 3 months on this I developed constant shooting pains going up and down my right arm and I had developed a HUGE breast lump! I quit the drug and took matters into my own hands. A raw food friend(who had educated herself from a Natural Hygiene book) taught me how to do a 3 day water fast which I did on my own. The second day the shooting pains stopped and I decided to stay on a raw food diet, which I did for 3 months. At Christmas time I got carried away and sort of “fell off the wagon” at work and ate goodies for 3 weeks. When I came to my senses, I realized I had NONE OF MY MANY PREVIOUS SYMPTOMS (including Hypoglycemia and terrible headaches.) Also, the huge breast lump had TOTALLY disappeared (or autolyzed). (I’ve heard your body takes the toxins and puts them in a lump to perserve your life..) The Bible says “we perish for lack of knowledge”, what could be more accurate? I struggle to this day with the knowledge I have and trying to swim upstream watching people dying of everything, I personally believe most people would rather die than change their diets, sad! I’m still far from perfect myself but I DO try to enlighten those around me to the truth of fasting and raw food, every once in a GREAT WHILE I find someone who cares! On a cautionary note, I’ve heard “never do over a 3 day fast on your own” and ALWAYS “read up” on fasting before doing one, breaking the fast correctly is crucial. MOST people are VERY TOXIC and need to take it slow, clean up your diet first, your body will start the house cleaning process naturally on its own and will START TALKING TO YOU AND (check out the raw food diet, most major cities have potlucks, do a yahoo search but put in your city.) I’ve heard going to a raw diet is 5 X slower than a water fast but it still does the job, (after all, you still have/get to eat.) Better yet, go to True North! If I can help you I will, my E-mail is: nsanchez1234@kc.rr.com.)

56. KAREN BEATTIE says:

LOTS OF GOOD INFORMATION FROM REMARKS. SAVE THE WORLD ONE DAY AT A TIME; THANKS!

57. Jacquie says:

Oh, this is FABULOUS! 🙂 I’m SO thankful she shared her story and I want to go to True North as well some day. This is the future of medicine. I would dearly love to know what her doctors said…the “standard of care” doctors. Thanks so very much for sharing. WONDERFUL story!

58. Kat says:

Christina’s story is incredible – I’m so happy for her that she has been freed from her years of pain. Our bodies were created with such an amazing capability to heal themselves if given the chance. Thank you Christina for sharing your story & Kevin for interviewing her! I hope this will help those who may have lost hope to know that there IS hope & healing for them as well.

59. Sharon says:

Wow! Great experience!

60. Rachel Ngai says:

Thank you for sharing it. It is longer than Jesus in the Bible. So far I only did fruit fast. I need to do a water fast soon. When I crave, I will pray to Jesus. It is a good way to control myself.

61. Sarah says:

I am so happy for Christina and the success that she has had on the water fast. I, too, would like to know what kind of water they give you during the fast. Also, what was her diet like before going to True North (was she veg, meat eater, vegan)? And what kind of diet do they have her on post-fast? Is it specifically to keep inflammation under control? Or is that even necessary? Thank you for the great interview. And thank you, Christina for sharing her story & experience with all of us!

62. RobertaB says:

Great news, Christina! This really helps me in my quest for health! I have been reading and watching stories like yours and I am now a believer! Thanks for sharing!

63. Ingrid says:

So inspiring! This is yet another powerful confirmation of my own beliefs – that fasting is the ultimate cure-all!
    I would be interested to hear more of Christina’s journey during that 41 day water fast ….. were there some really bad days …. worsening of symptoms originally… fear, anxiety….? What was her state of mind and emotions throughout?

Christina was most impressive with her calmness and clarity.

Regards,
    Ingrid

64. Leila says:

Thanks Kevin for finding Christina and letting her tell her story. It’s truly amazing.

65. josephinesped says:

This reminded me of the fact that if nothing is done to address an issue, that lack might come back to haunt me–a motivator that helps me. with a few things around here.

66. Lise says:

Great interview !
    She explained everything so well !
    Lise

67. Ruth Kirby says:

Wonderful to see this story on the web. I used to work at this clinic and have done a few fasts myself, never as long as this one. However, I have watched people do fasts of this length and in the right supervised environment, it is really quite a peaceful and natural process.
    Most peoples fasts were a week or two weeks and produced amazing health results. Water fasting should always be done in a supervised environment, especially if you are dealing with a health challenge. thank you for including this story and if you are feeling the pull to check out this option of fasting follow it, it truly has the power to transform your life. And True North clinic is awesome!

68. Jan says:

I am so happy for Christina. Thank you for sharing her story. I would like to see updates/shows in the future to see how she is doing.

I have similar but different issues from a car accident.
    Many people are not aware that a head injury is a brain injury and TBI is traumatic brain injury.

Of the 1.7 million who sustain a TBI each year in the United States:

•52,000 die;
    •275,000 are hospitalized; and
    •1.365 million are treated and released from an emergency department.
    The number of people with TBI who are not seen in an emergency department or who receive no care is unknown.

Many receive TBI and are not diagnosed in the ER or simply do not realize that they need any medical care due to the brain injury itself. After time they end up with a diagnosed of a mental health issue and never get the proper treatment or diagnose.

69. Liz says:

Kev – a suggestion for interviewing technique. When you are off-camera sit *silently* nodding your head and smiling and encouraging the interviewee. All the okays, rights, mmms, and uh-huhs from someone off-camera are annoying.