5 Day Water Fast Experiment at True North (Part 2) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #631

Tuesday Aug 10 | BY |

Day 2 of my water fast at True North Health Center…

As you can see my energy is a little down, but other than that, everything is cool.

Today, I talk about the facility, show you around the place and Annmarie has a few things to share about fasting and eating as well.

Your question of the day: What type of water do you like best? Cold, room temperature or hot?

If you’d like to learn more about the True North Health Center, please visit their website here: http://www.healthpromoting.org

1. Beth says:

Enjoying this video series at True North.
    I prefer drinking water that is at room temperature.

2. Melissa says:

I love room temperature water if it is distilled. It stays quite cool and yet not cold. Thank you for this series, I have water fasted recently 11 days and I have been very curious about The North Clinic. Thanks again!

3. Jasmine says:

Room temp normally, but if I’m really hot and it’s humid out I love me a cold glass of water.

Hot water in the winter w/ some lemon is nice.

I LOVE that you’re doing this – showing us what a water fast is like. I’ve always been curious and you have convinced me to do a supervised water fast, too. I can’t wait to hear how it affects your adrenals b/c I, too, suffer from adrenal fatigue (who doesn’t?!)

Love you guys. Endless inspiration. I wouldn’t be who I am today w/o you. for real!

4. John Parson says:

Hey Kevin, you look like day 2:) I have done a lot of fasting in the last 30 years, so I know exactly how you are feeling. I usually fast alone, sometimes out on the desert. I did do a guided fast about 20 years ago, but that was a little spendy. I know that for detox value that each day of a water fast is equal to about 3 days of juice fasting, so you should get very good results in 5 days. I usually do four 15 day fasts a year. This keeps me in pretty good shape. Fasting really helps me in the energy healing work. Have a good one—John

5. Sue Paterson says:

Room Temp. Thanks for sharing. Would love to go here.

6. Brianna says:

Most often, I like room temperature water. If it’s really really hot, I’ll have some water with a couple ice cubes in it (all distilled, of course!). And in the colder months, I love having tea, but I let the water cool down so it isn’t hot, just really warm 🙂

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I feel like I could afford to do that someday soon, and would have no hesitations that it wouldn’t be great, based on your experience!

7. Doug from Dallas says:

Absolutely room-temp water. Hear too many digestion issues around cold water, especially at mealtime. Do you get to drink ALL the water you want?!?! I look forward to trying something like this in the near future.

8. nick says:

SPring water comes up about 55 degrees which is perfect for summer.

9. Heidi says:

room temp water always 🙂

10. Yuri Elkaim says:

Nicely done Kev. My girlfriend did a 30-day water fast in Panama (Tanglewood) in 2007 and it was one of the best experiences of her life (but she would never go back to Tanglewood – that’s a whole other story). Her next fast she vowed to do at True North.

Best of luck and looking forward to hearing about your progress.

11. room tempature for sure:)2oz at least every 20 min or at least i try!! do you put your 35% food grade 7 drops in a gallon of tap water to make it taste fresher and for the oxygen?

12. Annalise says:

AnnM you look beautiful!!

13. Micele says:

I try to drink room temp. most of the time, but I LOVE COLD water!!
    I hope you explain if using distilled is the best choice to drink all of the time, or only during a fast or detox situation. I previously drank distilled for over 9 years, but it seemed that most raw gurus suggested spring water due to the lack of minerals in distilled and it’s ability to leach your own minerals, so I recently switched. I soooo want an educated response! I’m so glad you are sharing your experience with us!! Thanks!

14. Sheryl says:

Water Fasting or any kind of fasting is a Spiritual Process and the attention really needs to be kept on the Higher Realms to get the full effects of the cleansing. I would not be watching TV (too much negativity) and only reading Spiritual Books that Enlightened. It really helps to be out in the Sun a couple times each day for at least 30 mins.

15. Sophia says:

I like room temp. water. Thanks for the information.

16. Cirelle says:

I’m fascinated about fasting as a form of healing. I’m just wondering if the results are permanent. What happens when you go back to eating? Do all the ailments return together with the calories?

17. Janice Woodard says:

I like it iced or really cold.
    I am wondering why distilled??
    Where is True North in California?

18. Eva says:

Hi there, you both look so good, even on the day 2…:-)
    I’d like to make a statement – if so many people (including me) like a room-temperature water – why we served cold water with ice in the restaurant here, in USA? I’m from the Ukraine, and over there if you want a glass of water with ice – you have to make a special request, and if you lucky – you might end up with the one little cube of ice in your glass of water…which is healthy on you digestive system, right?
    What kind of water do you prefer?
    Thank you.
    Eva.

19. I think you are brave doing these fasts.I enjoy learning from both of you and think you do a great job!I am just beginning my journey into the raw food world and am doing a challenge on the sparkpeople site under the DR Oz team!Wish me luck!Also i love cold water usually.

20. Kathryn says:

I almost hate to interfere with your experience, but I worry about you and Ann Marie.

I have played around with so many foods and diets to have an unusual instinct about the truth.

One huge problem with the Vegan diet is that it does not produce the right neurotransmitters or the correct balance – that is why you are facing adrenal fatigue Kevin.

You need to eat adequate amounts of protein and healthy fats and limit the amount of carbohydrates to create the right balance.

I really think that you should interview Aajonus Vonderplanitz one day to get a totally different view about staying healthy.

Just contact Jim at We Want to Live. As shocking as Aajonus can sometimes be, he does seem to have an insight into health that I have never seen before.

And by the way, I like room temp water and I never really cared for distilled. I prefer structured or “real” water.

21. Tara Burner says:

I love fasting, water fasts!
    I prefer cold water but room temp. works too 🙂

22. Thank you for doing this and showing us your experience. How brave of you to listen to Annemarie talk about how good the food is! You are a trooper!

How does true north filter their water? Have you asked Dr. Clapper about the quality of water from different filtration systems and what they think is best.? Id like to know! Thanks! -Val (from KC Bliss)

23. Dirk says:

You are always interesting.
    I prefer alkaline water at room temperature.

24. Amy Davidson says:

I love cold water, preferably with ice. I do not drink distilled either, I use a Brita filter for both my ice and all my water (even the water I give my cats to drink).

25. Nihacc says:

Room temperature water! 😉

26. Susan Bessette says:

room temp

27. Cyndi says:

Kevin what happens to your electrolyte balance? If you are only drinking water you are losing potassium…
    How do you make that up? I would presume an imbalance would occur and that could mean trouble…
    Thanks!
    cynd71

28. Dee says:

Room temperature, but in the summer with triple digit sometines I want cold.

29. Christine says:

I have used room temperature water since I started to learn about healthy lifestyle, and this is more than twenty five years ago.

30. Charlotte says:

most of the time I like room temp or lukewarm water. When I’m outside in the heat though I like some cold water. In the winter time it’s hot water!
    This is really interesting info. I would also like to know if you can drink as much water as you want. Also, do they do colonics there?

31. Sharon says:

I like my water at room temperature but we always have cold water in the fridge for my daughter. Sometimes I add a bit of the cold when it’s really hot. Drinking cold water quickly call actually kill you! My parents friend was rushed to the hospital. I can’t remember the details now but it was something about the gallbladder I think. He just downed a big glass of cold water in the middle of the night. Unbelievable but true!

I was surprised about the TV. Watching sports while fasting sounds pretty stressful!

32. Carol Lani Johnson says:

Room temperature water (used to always want ice but then realized it was hard on my digestion)…actually I do not drink with meals so as not to dilute digestive juices. Surprised to see toilet seat up…it is good feng shui to keep it down (otherwise the chi goes down the drain!) : )BTW, Kevin, those are hunger pangs (not pains)!

33. Chang says:

room temp in the same situation
    thanks for sharing

34. Fontrella says:

Room temperature for me unless the weather is humid and very hot outside (live in Alabama), I then will drink cool water not to cold.

35. Jacquie says:

I have to say that Jasmine, #3 above, has my exact same answer. 🙂

36. Steve says:

COOL water (not cold) but just below room temp is what I prefer.
    I did a 15-day water fast in the 1980’s while physically working (loading trucks).
    It really is a spiritual experience to complete the fast. It probably would be easier for you mentally if you were able to do the fast without telling anyone about it. Just thinking & talking about food makes it more difficult.
    When I did mine I was suprised that I didn’t loose one ounce of weight, but I sure drank a lot of water!
    For about a year or so after this fast I drank exclusively distilled water. I believe this was a mistake for me and it lead to the breakdown and vertical splitting of one of my teeth where it’s backside just totally fell off. My dentist said my body was re-absorbing the calcium. I think it was the distilled water leaching the minerals right out of my teeth & probably my bones too.
    I now drink spring water.
    Once you get past the headaches and any “healing crisis”(detox)you may have, the fasting gets easier.
    HOWEVER, be very careful when you start coming off the fast and begin going back to solid foods. Start out with thin broths and liquids, then smoothies & juices(AND WATCH THAT SUGAR CONTENT!), before you build back up to anything solid. Otherwise, you can easily un-do all the good that the fasting did for your body.

37. Jessic a says:

I am of Vata constitution and room temperature water is better for this Dosha. I prefer it anyways!

38. Chriss says:

I love really cold water, I tend to always keep a bottle in the freezer. Personally I can’t stand room temperature water even though I hear it might be better for me. I can’t stand the flavor of room temp, it almost feels like a chore to drink, where as almost frozen water is like a treat. I especially love it when I take a bottle out of the freezer and it is still liquid but flash freezes into shush when opened. I figure as far a food vices go it’s not too bad.

39. Stacy says:

I like really cold water. I will drink it at room temperature but, I do not like it. I hope that you will not hurt yourself on this experiment. Can not wait to see the out come.

40. Didiydi says:

room temp or a bit warmer

41. snowmoonelk says:

Cold – I’m really lucky that the water in my part of the world is very clean and cold when it comes out of the taps – in the city, I can never get it cold enough out of the taps. In the city, I prefer to filter it, too.

42. snowmoonelk says:

By the way, is there any way you can make your Renegade Health Show banner a bit smaller (or maybe move it to the top of the screen)? Sometimes it gets in the way, especially when Annmarie is chopping food.

43. Laurie says:

I used to always like cold water but I noticed that I drink much more water when it is room temperature. So, water that I drink on a daily basis I like room temperature and when I want a treat or some oral gratification I enjoy hot water.

44. Isabel says:

Ice cold! Both in winter and summer!

45. Sarah says:

I drink only spring water after learning about it from David Wolfe.

46. Connie says:

I like cold water best–but whether I drink hot tea or cold water it always ends up room temperature by the time I drink it!

47. josephinesped says:

I agree with Brianna; room temp water most of the time, some warm tea in the cold months and a bit of ice during the Summer. I would start with a juice fast, maybe even at half-rate. I seem to need electrolytes fairly often; too much water just makes me feel bloated, even if I have been sweating in the garden for three hours. and, I grew up without many phyto-nutrients, so toxins just got stored: losing any weight without plenty of de-toxifying agents is just not good for me.

48. Jan says:

Love the show.
    I drink hot water first thing in the morning all year round. The remaining part of the day I drink room temp. In July & August I will drink cold water when working outside in my gardens/field.