Is The Low Fat Diet the Right Diet : The Renegade Health Show Episode #620

Monday Jul 26 | BY |

I’ve experimented with a bunch of diets…

The low fat diet is one that I’ve spent a lot of time on recently. While low fat is good in theory, there are some instances where this may not be a good idea.

(Keep in mind, regardless of my thoughts here, 60-80% fat as calories in your diet is not a good idea at all…)

I also answer questions about lucuma, why raw nuts cost so much, green smoothies, and alkaloids in plant foods.

Your question of the day: When was the last time you had fresh spring water?

If you want to try lucuma powder, you can get it here… click here!

Ke

1. Sparrow says:

The last time I had water straight from a spring was about a decade ago at a Rainbow Gathering. It gave me stomach cramps all night long but everyone else at the Gathering was just fine. Ever since then, I’ve been afraid to drink water coming out of the ground, even though intellectually I know that spring water is the healthiest. I currently drink reverse osmosis filtered water.

2. kt says:

A few years ago, mineral springs in Saratoga Springs, NY, wouldn’t recommend, though because the water seems to have a high content of sulfur in it.

3. hyesun says:

hi kevin,

great episode! the last time i had fresh spring water was a couple years ago in the mountains of korea. it was wonderful! i wish i had better access to spring water. also, thank you for not being black and white about diet, like so many other “health experts” are. i like that you say whatever works for you, makes you feel and look good and gives you good blood test results is the diet you should go with. everyone is different and has different body chemistry and needs. the only black and white thing is: processed food – bad! whole and organic and unprocessed food – GOOD! for myself, if i don’t eat enough fat (probably about 40-50 g/day) and protein (50-60 g/day), i start with the cravings and end up binging. and i need animal protein. i used to think that fat was bad for you and made you fat, but now i know it’s not true! good fats are so healthy and necessary for good health! i try to only eat raw fats though, like coconut oil, raw cream or dairy (cheese, etc), avocados, nuts, etc. and i am not overweight – i weigh about 105 lbs. 🙂

4. Dr. Kat says:

Hello Kevin and Annmarie,

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate your website. You two have been coming into my home everyday for about two years now. And, NOW I am getting ready to meet you!

I am one of the headliners at the BlissFest in Kansas City, MO (Parkville, MO) this coming Saturday (July 31st). Actually, my facility, The Struan Center, is sponsoring the Speakers Tent.

I am a Master Student of Gabriel Cousens and a Clinical Psychologist in the KC area. My best friend, Dr. Raphael Smith (Dr. Raef) and I co-founded and own The Struan Center which is a holistic facility here. I specialize in holistic health, spirituality, and Live and Whole Food Nutrition.

I am so excited to finally meet you both as I feel I know you after reading your newsletters for so long. I just wanted to say hello ahead of time and wish you a safe and wonderful trip here.

Expect a big hug from me when you get here!

In Peace,
    Dr. Kat Bowie (Dr. Kat)

5. Veronika says:

I drank Mt. Shasta spring water and it was amazing. That was last May, and I would love to drink it again. Though I wonder if folks have tested the mineral levels to make sure it’s safe to drink regularly.

6. nick says:

I drink spring water right from the earth every day for the past year there is a spring about 10 minutes from my house. I have been living in STaten Island NY for over 40 years and did not know about the spring. Daniel Vitalis told me about it. I used to use the 5 gallon jugs to transport the water but I recently found out that Nalgene water bottles 5 gallon bottles also contain bisphenol A (number 7 bottles) Studies show the chemical leaches into the water at room temperature. I still use them to transport water for my plants does anyone know if the bisphenol A is absorbed into plants? I have read conflicting reorts some say the plants do and retain it actually getting bigger and others say the BPA is not deted in the plants a week later. I use old glass apple juice bottles and glass wine bottles to transport and drink my spring water. It tastes so good and is so healthy! Kevin I would start collected glass bottles to transport and store your water the 5 gallon bottles are convienient but may not be the healthiest option; It is hard to get big glass bottles but it is worth it.

7. Zak M-K says:

Last time I drank water straight from a spring was the last time I filled my jugs up up with some spring water a little over two weeks ago 🙂 I’ll be ready to pick up some more soon!

8. Karen says:

I haven’t had any yet. Dang!

9. LuAnn Agustin says:

I don’t believe I have ever had natural spring water right from the source but I would love to find out if anyone knows of any in the San Diego, California area? Daniel’s site didn’t have any listed here close enough for me.

10. KAREN BEATTIE says:

ONE YEAR AGO WHEN WE LIVED IN IDYLLWILD; THERE IS A SPRING IN PINE COVE WHERE MANY PEOPLE BOTTLE UP THE WATER!

11. Cindy in Marin says:

Wow, I would love to check out that Napa spring! Hope no one was behind you in line!

The only spring water I ever had, not sure if this counts, was in Ashland Oregon. In the town square there is a fountain with spring water bubbling out but it is so sulphered that it smelled and tasted like rotten eggs!

12. Jolie says:

About a month ago I asked a friend to get me a gallon of spring water on her way to work since the spring is on her way. She said she would try to get the spring water for me on her way to and from work more often. She has a habit of leaving things in her car for long periods of time and I told her not to leave the plastic containers with the water in the car b/c it causes cancer. She said “everything causes cancer.” After that I think she thought I was too neurotic and picky!

13. Rene Oswald says:

We try to go up north (Florida) a few times a year for fresh spring water. It’s funny because we are headed up there this weekend! Thanks for the site…findaspring.com Great info to have when you are traveling!

14. Kelly says:

I rotate my fruit naturally because I eat locally grown, preferably organic fruits and veggies. I am going to check out findaspring. Also, I am slowly transitioning to Douglas Graham 80/10/10. Nothing else was working for me and this seems to be what my body prefers!

15. Stephanie says:

1996 – Spring of the Three Sisters, Lake Ouachita, Arkansas. I think they’ve since closed it due to the fact that it didn’t meet some strange government regulations.

16. Leam says:

This looked like a throw-back to Matt and Angela last year – almost every video had them at a different spring filling up for their road trip.
    The last time drinking water from a spring was as a child in summertime spent in the woods many, many moons ago.

17. Dee says:

Last time was 2006, I think, when I went to Hot Springs in Arkansas.

18. Never ever had spring water!!!

19. Sarah says:

I’ve been suspecting for a while now that I have an issue with candida. I’ve read that a low fat diet may work equally if not better than cutting out all fruit, grains, etc. Do you think that this could be effective?

20. i drink fresh water everyday from my tap water!! actually i put 7drops of 35%food grade hydrogen peroxide in a gallon of tap water,it makes it taste better and i;m putting OXYGEN IN MY BODY:)i dont have the resources like dan vitalis(something like that) to drink spring water,but i do drink tom clarks mineral water from a 75,000,000 yr old mountain water(been there since 1935).oxygenate your water people you will be fine:)

21. Patty says:

I saw a video from Russell James about collecting spring water and found one 15 minutes from my home. I try to go every week and use glass bottles. It’s great!!

22. Lorien says:

I have had straight from the spring water a few times. I live in Vermont at the moment and they are supposed to be all over the place here but have yet to find one. I’m also just over the river from New Hampshire which is also supposed to have an abundant suppy but can’t locate one on find a spring.com. I’ll keep looking as it is well worth the effort.

23. john says:

May be 10 years ago.

24. Get spring water ever so often in Hot Springs Arkansas…there are both Hot Springs and the cold springs. Both are awesome and refreshing. Lines are long sometimes except late at night. That’s when I fill my jugs….LOL!

Mountain Valley bottled water is from a spring in Hot Springs but of coarse goes through some Govermant specs. It is Ozoned and bottled in the familiar green bottle. Thanks Kev and Annemarie for the great insights and shows…..lots of work on both of your parts. Awesome gray cat!! LOL……Edgar

25. Ionela says:

Yes I as drinking as my entirely family since I was born till I had 18 years old, so for 18 years only spring water but unfortunately I moved to London (from Romania where the spring was 10 minute from my house in the middle of the town) and here no source the closest is 2 hours ride and is not recommended by some. O well I am working hard to relocate and I will definitely look after springs to live as close as possible as my health is deteriorating more and more…is the water I know my body is missing it!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to your bodies, guys all you need to do!

26. I’ve never had spring water but have heard so much about it really looking forward to it.

A couple of questions…

1.) Looks like the pipe the water was coming out of is lead.. isn’t that a problem. Lead is one of the main reasons I filter my water

2.) I noticed you’re filling up those big plastic jugs. Do you think put them upside down on one of those water coolers?

27. Barbara says:

Could you address low cholesterol, including overall, HDL, LDL, etc. and what is too low, more in a future show. It’s hard to find good info on it. Great show, thanks!

28. I go to a spring about 50 miles from my house every 2-3 weeks. I have a mix of plastic and glass bottles and jugs. Ideally I would use all glass, but I’ve seen friends’ glass jugs shatter a few times, so I’m choosing plastic over broken glass.

29. Faye says:

Hello Kevin and AnneMarie;
    My sister introduced me to you and your email address. I currently live in China and they have censored the internet there and I am unable to open anything on Youtube or Facebook. Is there another way to open your video’s or is there a way to download them. I have been watching them while home in Canada for the summer and they’re interesting and informative. However, I will return to China the end of August. Any suggestions?
    Thanks for all the work you do at helping us to learn more about good nutrition and the raw food lifestyle.

30. Jan says:

Never had fresh spring water. Have no idea where to even find it.

Question: The prior owner of my property planted 3 Shagbark Hickory Nut Trees. I have never seen Hickory Nuts in a grocery store. Can the nuts be eaten, are they good to eat?