Which Diet is Best for Your Body Type with Dr. Gabriel Cousens : The Renegade Health Show Episode #601

Tuesday Jun 29 | BY |

In today’s video, Dr. Gabriel Cousens talks about what diet and foods are right for your body type…

Dr. Cousens doesn’t subscribe to the commercial blood type formulas that you find in the mainstream health world, but has some unique thoughts about doshas and how your body responds to certain foods.

All this week, I’m showing clips from the Rawkathon, which is the most complete archive of raw food expert interviews (over 14 hours!). The program is available this week at a super-deep discount as a gift from me to you. Here’s where you can go to read more… http://www.rawkathon.com/special

Take a look at today’s video here…

Your question of the day:

Be sure to pick up your copy of the Rawkathon – over 14 hours – for up to $100 off! This special deal lasts until July 5th, 2010.

Here’s where you can go to read more… http://www.rawkathon.com/special

1. Charlotte says:

oooh, I might be the first to comment, lol.
    A sacred object that I carry with me? I’m not sure I have one..
    That interview was really interesting! It’s the very thing that i’ve been thinking about recently and would really like to know what i am!
    I’m not sure if the 30 Q test would work for me because I always go for what is healthiest and cleanest foods even though it may not be exactly what my body needs. in other words my responses to what I like would be biased based on my perception of what is healthiest (high fiber, mineral content, vitamins, …).
    Really interesting, would love to hear more.

2. Barb says:

My Bible would be my “sacred object”. It is the written Word of God and even though I don’t have the book with me at all times, His Word is in my heart and on my mind.

3. BhaktinJennifer says:

My Japa Mala is sacred to me. It is my daily meditation practice and I love it. I hope you can direct us to the 30 question test. That would be interesting to take.

4. Sparrow says:

A sacred item I carry with me is the cross my godmother gave me when I joined the Church. It is silver and has inlays of glass from the Holy Land – some of the oldest glass in the world! It sat for forth days on the altar for a blessing and then I wore it during my chrismation and it carries so many prayers with it and reminds me that I am a loved and wanted member of the Body of Christ.

5. Peg says:

I am quite familiar with the doshas and have had a little problem because raw food is not usually emphasized. It is so great to hear Dr. Cousens talk about this–I would love to go to his place in Arizona.

I do not usually carry any sacred item with me, but I do keep a guardian angel figurine near me right here at the computer. Oh, and I keep a card with a travel prayer in my billfold.

6. Lori says:

Wow,my most sacred thing would be my Bible! I do not know where I would be without God and His word. It is living and breathing. Even if I read the same verse in the scriptures over and over again I always get something new. I never get bored! Yep, that is it!

7. joan says:

i used to think it would be cool to have some “thing” that was always with me, and i spent many years trying out different things: wearing the same rings, carrying stones or crystals, keeping a “worry stone” with me, that sort of thing. in the end, i realized that it was a hassle to always try to find a place to carry a thing or to worry about losing it. even the rings felt like they didn’t belong on my fingers. i eventually realized that “things” make me feel encumbered.

i feel psychologically lighter with less stuff around me. i don’t wear jewellery, no longer wear a watch, and have given up on carrying a handbag unless i really, REALLY need to use one. i don’t even wear socks or underwear unless there is a physical need to wear them. my opinion is “the less, the better.”

that being said, i agree with barb about the Bible. if i were to choose only one thing to keep with me, i would grab that. i have a very high-quality, well-bound Bible that just feels wonderful in my hands. i definitely treasure it. my son gave it to me a long time ago and it is wearing well. although i read it a lot, the binding is still strong and the paper is not getting fuzzy on the edges. the gilt on the edges of the pages has worn off, but that’s ok. the leather is still supple. i love and cherish it.

8. Kurt says:

So, if you’re a protein type, do you eat protein first, as Dr. Mercola would say? Or do you follow the standard recommended, fruits, then greens, starches, fats, and lastly proteins?

9. Leslie says:

I tend to carry at least one of my totems with me, be it jewelry, a figurine or picture of the animal(s). Each has its own attributes and helps me stay on my path.

10. Jessic a says:

I sometimes carry Gemstones and a grounding essential oil.

11. sharon says:

I would love to know what Dr. Cousens has to say about a raw food diet for Pittas…with a Vata imbalance. Vata governs “air” and when out of balance has lots of air/gas. An Ayurvedic doctor once told me that I should cook ALL my food. In fact, he said that I should even cook my lettuce. Of course, now I am eating mostly raw, and yes, I have lots of AIR. Just wondering if Dr. Cousens could inform me how to eat raw and still balance Vata.

12. When I carry a bag/purse-I have my essential oils with me, but I always wear my Subud symbol gold charm that reminds me of the forces around us and the levels of a souls development-seven lines and seven circles.

Can’t wait for more info on types and proper foods…

13. Cynthia says:

I love these questions because inevitably there is at least one other person who answers with pretty much the same answer that I have ready to give… we are so much alike, us humans… today it is Joan… I too have dispensed with a lot of “adornment” and garnishing, no rings, no make-up, no purse, no constricting clothing, no orthotics (hey, I don’t seem to need them anymore, what’s with that?), no earrings, around the house and yard: no glasses, no watch… and I DO feel liberated. I do wear socks with my sandals, so sue me. I would love to say that I carry my Bible around with me, but I don’t do that daily (just on Sabbath) but it is a very important sacred item. I do find that just about every pocket of every jacket has a small comforting-feeling bottle of essential oil in it, and likely a pen. Getting late and I’m getting goofy. Thanks for these interviews Kevin!

14. Free Spirit says:

I carry a silver cross mounted on a chestnut . .
    when people ask me: “What is that?”
    I say: “It’s a Chestnut – you have to have
    a chest –
    to Wear It”
    then –
    I pull out of my bag a chestnut on a piece of
    black yarn (just like mine – minus the cross)
    and give it – to them
    I only wear edible jewelry

15. Leila says:

Hi Kevin, fantastic interview.

16. Lilith says:

Ok, I LOVE Gabriel Cousens, and I LOVE the Rawkathon – but what I would LOVE EVEN MORE is to see a whole show with you showing us PERU and what You are doing there!!!

I have been in Cousco, and words are not enough to express my fealings for Peru!!! I SOO want to be transfered back there for a moment!!
    Please?! 😎

17. Lilith says:

Also I am VERY COURIOUS on what you really are doing there?
    I have no clue as to why you are visiting the Quero indians?
    Please fill us in?!

18. Muriel says:

A wooden cross that my dad made when i was a child. A constant reminder that i am loved always by my Lord and Savior. It has travelled through 60 years of life with me and led me through tough times.

19. Kelly Kurcina says:

I carry the Lord~in my heart! =)

20. Craigs says:

Wear my cross and wedding ring are sacred

21. Yvon Roy says:

Everything alive is sacred to me, even the water; (Except things that man engineered to be harmful to us or nature). Good knowledge and good works are also sacred, thank you.

22. I am a mesa carrier. Keeps me connected to the sacred, even when I think I have drifted away.

23. Paula says:

I have my marathon running and waterproof watch that is well torn up from a lot of out door adventuring. My favorite pair of running shoes and my wedding bands.

They remind me to have faith in myself and faith in those I love.

24. LisaE says:

I carry Jesus in my heart. He’s my constant in this whirlwind of a world we live in.

25. Jackie says:

Jesus, He’s with me always….

26. louise says:

My grandmother’s engagement ring which I wear everyday is sacred to me. I am her namesake and she was and still is my inspiration. All of my relationships are sacred, in life, in love and in spirit. You two do the coolest stuff, I am so happy for you and grateful that you share it with all of us. The interview was wonderful, I’ve been eating an Ayurvedic diet since the turn of the New Year and I have seen great changes in my body. thanks for everything!

27. MARY THOMA says:

A FIRST CLASS RELIC OF ST FRANCIS OF ASSISI, THAT MEANS A FRAGMENT OF BONE FROM HIS BODY

28. Gayathri says:

The “Bhagavad Gita”

29. Suzy says:

Dr. Cousen’s interview was too short! I would have appreciated a link to where I can get more information, as this brought up more questions than answers for me!

I do not hold “things” sacred, and it’s a real nuisance to try to keep anything with me all the time, I’m lucky to remember my keys! That being said, my children would be the most sacred thing to me, they are a gift I can never repay.

30. Deanna says:

ditto to what many of you said about the Scriptures. I carry mine with me most of the time but even when I don’t it’s inspired words guide me through this turbulent world.

31. john says:

Way to go!!!,right on !!!, numbers—2,5,6,19,21–I concur !!! Kevin what is sacred to me is scriptures the word of the living God,the Bible.Looks like you are searching for something with eternal value.Please do not be deceived by Carol people or be tricked by Sham Sebastian that you can”t open (purse/mesa) unless you are in a sacred setting .Ten commandments God said though shalt not have no other gods BEFORE ME,NO GRAVEN IMAGES or LIKENESS .Man loves images something he can see and touch that takes the place of what God says not to do ! For I am a Jealous God the Bible says.God is not interested in our dingaling humanistic ideologies .God seeks our obedience to HIS spoken word the Bible and what HE SAYS PERIOD. HE made the UNIVERSE and everything in it you and me. HIs Love for us and Knowledge makes HIM more than qualified to ask that we obey him according to the scriptures .Why ! Why ! When we obey God it Gives HIM G-L-O-R-Y . Why! Why ! FOR HE IS—G——-O——-D .Getting back Kevin please do not by into SATANS new age deceitful lies.The Bible says their is one mediator between God and man and that is JESUS CHRIST and only HIM AND HIM alone by believing in his death, burial, resurrection can we know beyond a shadow of a doubt we will go to HEAVEN. Most people do not realize that it cost God everything for HIM to have HIS SON JESUS CHRIST pay for the sins of mankind .This was God’s only begotten SON ,God gave HIS best ,for God is HOLY and cannot and will not ,never has tolerated any sin,for HE IS HOLY. JESUS CHRIST payed for your sins , HE offers all people a FREE GIFT of eternal life with Him in Heaven to all those who believe in HIS SON, finished work on Calvary/Cross.HE made it as simple as possible ,How ? thru Faith by believing in JESUS CHRIST and confessing or admitting to HIM/ confessing the best you can your sins ,whatever it may be ,guilt , etc. it doesn’t matter. Read John 3:16.

32. Gail says:

Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for sharing this interview!
    What is by far the most sacred item to me in this world is the King James Bible, the perfectly inspired Word of God!
    The reason for my choice is that the Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us as a man,called Jesus Christ. He was born on this earth in order to die on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. This is the only way that we can be washed as white as snow, from all our sins. This is the only way that God the Father can possibly accept us into heaven! We must be washed from our sins, and that is possible only by the blood of Jesus! It is a gift offered to all, but it must be received individually.
    Wow, Kevin, it sure seems like God is after your soul! How exciting! He wants to save you and make you whole…like He has done for me!
    I decided to serve Jesus as my Lord and Savior when I was 25 years old. It was about 3 weeks after a fire in my mobile home. I realized I was not ready to meet God if I would have died that night!
    About 3 weeks later, I repented from all my sins and decided to serve Him for the rest of my life. This was as a result of reading in the Bible about His crucifixion on the cross. You can read it in the Gospel of John, Chapter 19. I realized, as I read, that He died for ME, so that I could live forever! I was so grateful for His wonderful grace toward me.
    The light in my heart turned on right then and I understood what it meant to be saved and born again! He forgave all my sins and gave me everlasting life!
    I am now 58 years old and I have no regrets whatsoever that I made this decision to accept His gracious gift of eternal life and to put Him first in my life.
    In John 14:6, Jesus said: “I am the Way, the Truth and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.” Can you imagine? I will live forever!!! I have been saved and sanctified by the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords! I wish and pray the same for you! And for everyone who reads this!
    If you are searching for the Truth, get a hold of an old-fashioned King James Bible and read all about Him and what He has done for us!
    With Christ’s Love,
    Gail

33. Nova says:

Ha! The sacred object that I carry with me is a 35 year old ride ticket to the Merry-Go-Round at Tilden Park in Berkeley, California, where I had my first *real* job at age 15, selling tickets, popcorn and chocolate ice cream. To this day I LOVE riding the merry-go-round and this little paper ticket brings me a real sense of JOY to know that if I ever fell on hard times, I could always go ride the merry-go-round for free… (it’s kind of like having a Get Out of Jail Free card in Monopoly). It also reconnects me to the enthusiasm of my youth, and all of the wonderful people I met while working there and over the course of my lifetime. To me, It symbolizes the sacred connection we all have to love, joy and each other.

34. Kevin says:

spring water

35. sujata says:

A granite and quartz stone from the sacred land of the White Lions in South Africa, Timbavati region.
    thanks for the show..sooo much to know!!

36. idealist says:

I hate carrying things. On the other note, fab interview. Can you PLEASE interview him again? Like another of your watchers above, I am a pitta with vata imbalance. Frustrating. Also because I am a fast oxidizer, I find that a lot of the advice (minus Cousens) in the raw food world makes me hypoglycemic. Frederic Patenaude seems nice enough, but reading his advice and following it makes me feel guily and ill. I wish more people in the raw community understood that some of us need A LOT more than 1/2 an avocado or a handful of nuts a day. I’m sick of second guessing myself!