Will Store Bought Kombucha No Longer Be Raw : The Renegade Health Show Episode #596

Tuesday Jun 22 | BY |

Today’s program focuses more on the recent move by Whole Foods Market to remove all kombucha products from their shelves…

In this video, I continue my talk with Steve Dickman from High Country Kombucha to get his thoughts on pasteurization of kombucha and will manufacturers no longer be able to sell their products raw.

Your question of the day: What’s the highest peak you’ve ever hiked?

You can find out more about High Country Kombucha products here: http://www.hckombu.com

1. Sophia says:

I love High Country Kombucha!!! The herbal flavors are awesome! I believe it is top quality and has many healing benefits such as a digestive aid.

2. Kevin – I am not educated in the differences in the various manufactures of Kombucha. My local grocery stores have just started carring GT’s 100% Organic Raw Kombucha and also Synergy 95% Organic Raw Kombucha and 5% fruit juice. Link to their website is http://www.GTSkombucha.com Not sure if the problem described in the video is with just the one manufacturer or if it will become a national problem for all kombucha manufacturers. Hope not – a couple of ounces of kombucha just before bed helps with sleep and relaxation as well as the added nutrition.

3. Mt. Elbert: 14,443′! 😉

4. Stephanie says:

Engineer Mountain, Colorado, only to the first “landing”; I was crying like a baby and laying flat on the mountainside compulsively eating all of our pre-made peanut butter and honey sandwiches (pre-vegan or vegetarian days). Absolute panic while my boyfriend at the time danced around like a billy goat, adding to my pain. I did appreciate some of the wonder of being that high. But not much. Think I like the foothills and kayaking as adventures much better!

5. Bev says:

Hi Kevin and Ann Marie, you look so happy in the Mountains! Enjoy!

Highest mountain: in the Himalayas India 17,500′ or so to Kedarnath and Badrinath. Breathtakingly Beautiful!

Kombucha is so good for your health and it is very easy to make your own. Over 4,500 people share experience and information here:

Original Kombucha Mailing List

Peace, Love and Harmony,
    Bev

6. Aaron says:

i stopped using kombucha because of the high sugar and caffine,vineger and alcohol.i now make my own coconut and water kefir wich doesnt have all the bad stuff in it.i think the kefir probiotics are like 365 times better than kombucha.

7. Veronika says:

I may have been on a higher peak at some other time, but Half Dome was definitely the most difficult.

I got really close to the peak of Half Dome, but my boyfriend and I started hiking too late, so we had to turn around. We hiked down the mountain in pitch black night, using a tiny flashlight. Considering people have died falling down Half Dome, I’m not too disappointed that we didn’t make it all the way. =)

8. Heyward says:

i like you, aaron.

9. Julie says:

Fred Meyer/Kroger stores in Vancouver, Washington area pulled Kombucha products and posted a note on the shelf about the alcohol content issue.

10. Nancy says:

Truchas peak in Northern New Mexico, 13,100 ft., and Pecos Baldy, 12,632 ft.

11. Robert C says:

I can’t listen to these….last few shows constant stops and interruptions, even on youtube It is not buffering settings do not improve it. Never had a problem til recently

12. Nicole says:

Mount Kinabalu, Borneo: 4095 meters

13. Dee says:

Mount Kearsarge in New Hampshire. But I did not make it to the top as I was recovering from a stress fracture in my left leg.

14. Nadia says:

Dolma-la on the circumambulation of Mount Kailash in Tibet – 18,200 feet. One of the best things I’ve done in my life!!
    with Gratitude, Nadia

15. Sue Rushford says:

Never hiked a mountain tho sounds cool. Maybe we can find High Country at our local liquor stores! Hey, if it’s too alcoholic for Whole Foods, then sell it at the liquor store. Actually, Whole Foods sells alcohol – just sell it in the alcohol section & charge the higher tax – what’s the problem?

16. FeralKevin says:

I want to see you make and consume the Passionfruit drink!

17. Cheryl says:

Aaron,
    I’d love to know how you make the water and coconut kefir, can you share your experience?
    Thanks.

18. Ronnie says:

Love your shows. However, I am having the same problems as Robert C. last few shows constant stops and interruptions. Thought maybe it was just my computer.

19. Max says:

You guys need to try Levs Original Kombucha, also raw and not pasturized, i tried the hawaiian giner, very nice!!!

20. Bill Murphy says:

The highest peak that I have hiked is Mt Kosciuszko, the highest mountain in Australia. But at only 2228 metres, it is not that high and I lived and worked higher than that in Lake Tahoe in the USA. So, I have hiked and snowboarded higher than that, but technically that is the highest peak that I have climbed.