The Role of Excitotoxins in Cases of Cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease : The Renegade Health Show Episode #593

Thursday Jun 17 | BY |

This is part two of my interview with Dr. Russell Blaylock…

Today, he talks about the role of excitotoxins in cases of cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. I was blown away by the information he gave in his call, so I’m assuming you will be too!

Your question of the day: Have you or your family been affected by cancer?

If you want to learn more about Dr. Russell Blaylock and his books, please click here: http://www.blaylockwellnesscenter.com

1. Lois Kubota says:

Not cancer but alzheimers. My Mom has it and not only is it scary to think I may get it but it’s so sad to watch her like this. Gotta go drink some green tea now.

2. Christina says:

Yes, cancer has touched several members of my family. I am also watching several women from my church, being eat up with cancer. One lady just died after three years. She refused the Chemo and lived years longer than the doctor said she could.

It seems to be increasing. My father has Dementia now. Excitotoxins are something I think about often and we try to avoid at all cost.

3. ivy says:

My father died at age 62 from non-Hodgkin lymphoma. I blame the cell phone, his cancer was on the left side of his face, just where he always holds his cell phone. He was one of the many people who bought some of the first cell phones. He even had the old style car phone installed, prior to cell phones, and he habitually held it to his left ear while talking. Another potential cause could be at work. He owned his own transmission repair shop in Mill Valley and started with cars before high school. There’s potential for asbestos exposure and other harmful toxins, but I am very sure it was emf exposure from cell phones because I’m also sensitive to it. He built several classic style cars from kits, he also built his own style car from many other cars. He was a very intelligent person who never suffered dementia yet died too young.

4. Austin says:

Cannabis cures cancer! At least brain cancer (as proven by numerous studies). So if you want to keep your brain cancer free (for transplanting into your clone so you can live on forever) – then vaporize and ingest a lot of marijuana. haha – no joke.

It’s sad when people that don’t take plants and herbs get cancer. Because they never had any positive effects from plant/ herb therapy in the past (that they can rightfully acknowledge) – then they are less likely to use these types of treatments if they get cancer. Which leaves their remaining life decisions up to the “doctors” (most of whom don’t really care about the individual patient, but rather the money..)

This is why you need to dive into the raw food and medicine world today.

5. Heather says:

Yes…My husband’s dad died with lung cancer 10 years ago. My dad passed away 3 years ago with pancreatic cancer. This is in part what has spurred my interest in naturally healthy living and modes of healing.

6. Pat says:

Which supliments was he speaking of?

7. my mother died of brain cancer at age 78. She was very healthy and was not diagnosed for cancer. One day she passed out and the doctors did not think anything was wrong with her, but upon my dad’s insistence they did a brain scan and decided to do a brain surgery at which point they saw that cancer was spread in threads over and trough her brain. She recovered from the surgery, but died within 3 months – as nothing could be done for her.

8. Jan says:

Excellent Show!
    My family has not been affected by cancer although we have had many friend die from it.
    I had not even heard about excitotoxins until seeing the show. I will be reading up on it.
    Thanks for the information.

9. Denise says:

My husband passed away in 2006 from bone cancer at age 47. I had melignant Melanoma (clarks level 3, not a good stage)in 1991 at age 29. Through God’s healing hand and a radical surgery I have had no reoccurance since then. They said it was from too much sun. Annmarie, I’m looking forward to your sunscreen product, something that blocks the bad rays but lets me get the vitamin D I need would be great.

10. Janet says:

I was diagnosed with breast cancer 9 years ago. I went with the traditional cancer treatments and was in remission for 8 years. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed just 6 weeks ago with recurring metastatic breast cancer. They wanted to put me on a chemo regime every week for 6 MONTHS! No thank you. That’s when I started my search for a better way. I am working my way towards a total raw food diet (almost there – currently a gluten-free vegan) and am on the Budwig protocol. I really enjoy these programs and learn a lot!

11. Ellie says:

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in ’06, had a lumpectomy followed by radiation, but refused the chemo. I take lots of supplements and don’t eat and drink a lot of the things I used to. I also don’t spray toxic weedkillers on my property like I used to. Also have a better outlook on life in general.

12. Cheryl Holt says:

My Father had prostate cancer that spread to the bone & brain. My grandmother had colon cancer. My Step Father had multiplemyloma that spread to the bone & brain. One of my best friends lost her hursband to brain cancer. He was very young. He passed away on my birthday.

Cancer can be cured and using nutrition as a basis to elminate cancer in the body is where we need to be headed. So many of us are more attached to eating meat than to living life even if we have cancer. Why not choose life over consuming the hamburger or crab? What is so wrong with changing your diet so you can be around to enjoy life and the one’s you love?

13. Wendy says:

My sister died of a malignant brain tumor at the age of 54. She ate fast food and processed food just about everyday of her adult life.

14. Mary-An Tedder says:

Interesting timing – I just got the official diagnosis of breast cancer today.

15. Deanna says:

Not a lot of cancer in my family praise the Father. I was working in the pediatric oncology unit today and a 14 year old child died, and the child I was taking care of was not doing very well. It is very sad. It’s very ironic that I work in the medical field because I don’t agree with a large portion of what goes on there, and I don’t use those methods to take care of myself. There are many good things we do though. Loved this show. You guys ROCK.

lol,
    Deanna

16. My sister died about 5 years ago from ovarian cancer. She was a nurse. By the time it was found the whole pelvic area was involved.

I really miss her and so does her immediate family. Many people loved her and it is such a shame that loved ones have to die and the mercy of such a terrible disease.

Her son is getting married tomorrow–it was her last request was that her son find a wife.

17. jackie says:

My father had cancer 3 or 4 times in his life, and beat it each time using mostly changes in his diet. He did succomb to the last cancer he had though; but at that time the only thing that came up in our research was the macrobiotic diet, which he didn’t do. He was under stress though, which I think contributed to his death. Back then I didn’t know about any of the healing places he could have gone to; if I did, I believe he’d still be alive today.

18. Connie says:

Kevin’s initial introduction stopped quite a bit and then restarted and stopped again several more times. Great interview with Dr. Blylock. I tried getting on his website to buy one of his books and part of the site darkened and wouldn’t respond to my request to purchase the book….he needs to recheck his site. He is losing sales.

19. very interesting show, will be reading up on excitotoxins. My father died at age 45 of colon cancer.

20. Sandee says:

I lost my aunt, mother, father and grandfather all in a very short time due to cancer…my mothers sister now has it too. I do believe that all of the cancers were due to lifestyle and what they were eating…and what they were not eating. This is what put my on the path to health….and I’m so much more energetic, healthy, younger looking and happy than I have ever been. I have not eaten processed foods in over 5 years and have been high raw for the past 2 1/2 or 3, I’m mostly vegan now too. My last and big crutch is Pepsi Max. I know it doesn’t make any sense to drink that when I’m doing all of the other healthy things but it makes me feel happy…really. I went 2 days without it and it was kind of okay then I broke down and had some yesterday….and drank 48 oz 🙁 Part of my thinks that because this is the only unhealthy thing that I do, it’s okay….but there’s another part that says no….but it really makes me feel good and happy…help!!!

21. Dee says:

My older sister, Moira died in 1988 from an inorperable brain tumor. I had already stopped eating meat prior to her diagnosis.

22. Cindy says:

My mom (age 86) had breast cancer 10 years ago & had a breast removed. They didn’t have her do chemotherapy & she hasn’t had any recurrence of cancer, but she now has dementia, which is very sad. My niece was diagnosed with retinal blastoma at 6 months & did chemotherapy & radiation. From what I’ve researched, this is one of the cancer’s that chemotherapy actually helps. She’s now 17 & hasn’t had a recurrence of cancer, but she is blind & did have one eye removed because of a detached retina. Her face also didn’t develop properly because of the radiation. My husband died from lung cancer 2 years ago at the age of 48. He was already at stage 4 when they found it. He didn’t do radiation & chemotherapy, but he lost the will to live when the doctor told him to his face that he only had maybe 2 years to live. I tried to help him eat better & take alternative supplements, but his heart wasn’t in it. He basically just gave up. It was heartbreaking.

23. cindy says:

DID YOU SEE DR KIM’S NEWLETTER GREAT REPORT
    HERE IT IS
    Dr. Ben Kim’s Natural Health Newsletter
    June 18, 2010

Dear Reader,

Few people realize that exposure to radon gas is
    the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United
    States. Only exposure to tobacco smoke causes more deaths
    due to lung cancer.

Radon is a naturally occurring gas that’s produced by
    gradual breakdown of uranium found in rock, soil, and water.

Some areas in upstate New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey
    are known for high radon concentrations, so much so that
    sometimes, a radon test is required for a bank to issue a
    mortgage on a home.

And tests are showing that granite that is used for
    floors and counter tops, especially some of the more exotic
    varieties, may emit dangerous levels of radon.

If you have granite in your home or you live in an area
    that is known for high radon concentrations, I encourage you
    to think about keeping a radon gas detector plugged into your
    work and living spaces.

The one that we use can be found here:

The EPA states that radon levels should not exceed 4 pCi/L.

I published a blog post on this topic last year, and just
    recently updated it here:

http://drbenkim.com/granite-counter tops-radon-radiation-dangerous.htm

If you have family members or friends for whom radon gas
    should be a concern, please pass this information
    along.

That’s all for today. I hope that you and your loved
    ones have a safe, restful, and memorable weekend.

With best wishes,

Ben Kim

P.S. For those who asked, please note that sometime
    next week, I’ll publish a review of several pairs of dress
    shoes that provide excellent support for healthy joints
    throughout the spine and lower extremities. I fully agree
    that not everyone can freely wear athletic shoes or sandals to
    work, a most unfortunate reality.

24. Connie says:

My husband was diagnosed a few years ago with colon cancer on a Monday, and had it surgically removed on the Thursday along with a foot of the colon. (He is now a semi-colon, lol.) The growth was wrapped around his intestine, so it could not wait. Despite all my effors to change our diets, this cancer did not motivate him to do so in the least.

My friend was diagnosed many years ago with breast cancer and was in a panic wondering what to do. She went for more tests at different places, and at one place the nurse looked at the Xrays and told her she didn’t know what the diagnoser was thinking–because there was no evidence of cancer! She narrowly averted the drastic procedure of having her breast removed.

Paul Nison says that when faced with a cancer diagnosis, the natural tendency is to panic–and do what the medical professionals tell you to do. I like to think that I am above that, but being realistic I recognize the truth in that statement. So I am taking steps NOW to change my internal environment so I won’t have to find out just how weak my resolve is!

However, my daughter has been complaining of a feeling that her intestines are semi-blocked in four places so I am worried. Especially because she is always sick, from asthma complications and medications. The usual pattern for hubby and daughter is to see a regular medical practitioner and do what they say. I am pushing for her to see the local naturopath.

Connie

25. Kim says:

Kevin & Ann Marie

Did you see the whole video Excitotoxins The taste that kills? Dr. Russell Blaylock listed the most highly excitotoxins and one which was included was Liquid amino acid preparations. Are we talking about Braggs Aminos and cultured vegetables? They are broken down forms of amino acids and enzymes so our body can supposedly absorb easier, but Dr.Blaylock is saying we are not meant to eat broken down proteins and hydrolized acids, our body was NOT meant to handle them. I’m so confused and scared because I have been making cultured veges and coconut kefir and now what are we doing but making High amounts of glutomate by culturing/fermenting our foods that contain excitotoxins!

26. Susan says:

HI Kevin and Annemarie,
    My cousin died of Colon cancer, my Dad of prostate. It is sad. But I am glad there are places like True North (I hear you are going next month?) to help us get on the right track. It is a wonderful place. I did a short water fast, watched all the videos I could, and went to the lectures, and learned so much (I thought I already knew everything!). Enjoy yourselves there! Susan

27. Page says:

Yes, both parents. My father died from metastasized renal cell carcinoma. He always snacked on junk food like chips and doughnuts. Mom had breast cancer caused by hormone replacement therapy. She died of a form of scleroderma (an autoimmune disorder).

I’m reading labels like crazy any more. Luckily, we eat largely a plant-based alkaline diet (not completely raw), so I guess I mainly have to cut out the Bragg’s and other soy products.

28. Tessa says:

My dad had colon cancer and is supposedly ok now.

29. Wendi says:

My son had ALL Luekeima at 2 and half. After 2 years of treatment he relapped and had a bonemarrow transplant. A match sibling from his brother who was just a year old at the time. They are now 7 and 11.

30. Jana says:

I was dx’d with breast cancer in dec 2004. I’ve had several occasions to get stitches, but otherwise didn’t ever have much reason to go to doctors. So I was completely inexperienced as a ‘health’ care consumer. Really, it should be reclassified and called ‘disease management’. But I digress. I went through chemo, surgery, radiation, more surgery, and 2 years of tamoxifen.

My mother also had bc back in 1980 and will be turning 83 this year. Surgery was the only treatment she received. My grandmother also had it, was treated with surgery only and lived to be 84. My dad had stomach cancer and died at age 40. His sister got leukemia a few years later and died.

31. paul says:

20 years ago my mom got colon cancer and beat it. 7 years ago my sister got ovarian cancer and did not.
    She was only 53… much too young.

32. Meri says:

My maternal grandmother had a breast cancer episode and survived. My maternal grandfather had prostate, bladder and bone cancer and died. My paternal grandfather had alzhiemers and died. My dad had bladder cancer and survived through a combination of chemo and alternative cancer medicines. He lives cancer free nearly 10 years on now. My uncle had throat cancer and survived conventional medical abuse (chemo and radiation) but he smokes(?!!) so I’m waiting with dread for the inevitable.

I think the numbers for people getting cancer these days is close to one in two. That’s just crazy. I’m going to stay in the 50% that don’t experience that thank you!

33. Lynda says:

My husband died of colon cancer in April of 2005 just 4 months before Hurricane Katrina came and destroyed my house, my belongings, my rental houses which were my only income before the storm and which took my mother’s life by drowning in the nuring home.

My husband was 59 years old and his father also died of colon cancer. When I first met my husband in 1977 he was ill and I had been on the raw foods diet since 1974 when a Natural Hygienic Doctor put me on it for many health problems. I had cysts on my overy, gall stones, kidney stones, hypoglycemia, colitis, and plurisy of the lining of the lungs. The MD’s only wanted to cut everything out. I went on a series of fasts and on the raw foods diet and I was well in 6 months. I still have all my parts.

I put my husband on the raw foods diet and in 5 months he was well however he was workiing in a glass manufacturing plant so he did not have access to any junk food. When that plant shut down and he started working in the A/C business and traveling a lot he started eating the junk food and drinking lots of diet drinks. Then after he sucummed to the cancer he only wanted to eat sugar. Since cancer feeds on sugar he craved it. The cancer spread to the liver and to the stomach and kidneys and finally to the brain. He suffered horribly and wasted away to a skeleton before he finally died. He refused any medical or holistic treatment and abandoned the raw food diet 10 years prior to his death.

As far as Alzheimer’s my friend has it and she drinks and eats lots of artificial sweeteners.

34. john says:

Excellent program Kevin ,thank you and Dr. Blaylock for caring and sharing about the dangerous MSG in many of the processed foods .Yes I have family members and friends ,many in fact over the years,who I must honestly say are Brain washed by their Dr….-behind the white coat and brain washed by decades of the boob tube and their advertisements for DRUGS every day especially at 5 or 6pm news time or when at super time ,telling us to seek our Doctor for counsel yet coming out of their same mouth they quickly state any disclaimers of the drug in question and list quick and brief of some of the damages it can do or side effects or possible death,who may qualify to take drug etc.. Medical colleges ,universities, are controlled, and all their curriculum is dictated by all the largest Pharmaceutical Drug Companies and their ZIONIST counter parts. Does this sound like a Medical Cartel to any one. Lets all wake up to the truth and smell the coffee. Thank you .

35. Lorien says:

My mom died of ovarian cancer at the age of 51. It took her very fast. I am now pretty careful about what I eat, but I get more careful as I go along. There are still some things in the “if it had a mother, a face or man made it don’t eat it” mantra that I eat on occasion but I’m learning to love myself enough as time goes on to drop them more and more out of my diet. I find if I allow myself to eat something without guilting over it and just honestly ask myself why I am eating it, what is it about myself that I feel needs to be dishonored by this food, I am more likely to get an answer that allows me to let go of it. Also the more I study, the more I realize how harmful they really are, the less likely I am to want to do that kind of harm to myself. I intend to live long enough to see my 6th generation and be able to play with them. If not eating what everyone else is eating will allow me to die in my sleep at 150 rather then of overian cancer like my mom, sign me up!!

36. Gwen says:

Yes. My mother’s sister was diagnosed with breast cancer years ago chose to have a mastectomy and has been cancer free ever since. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in Oct 2008 and chose surgery as well. Two days after she was released from the hospital her brother died from lung cancer and 9 months after that her other brother died from prostate cancer. One of my mother’s closest friends died after a long battle with breast cancer with in that 9 month time span. The wife of my uncle who died from lung caner has overcome cancer twice, first leukemia and then breast cancer. One of my dad’s brothers died with in weeks of being diagnosed with a brain tumor. One of my cousins also died from cancer.