Dealing with Cirrhosis of the Liver Naturally : The Renegade Health Show Episode #589

Friday Jun 11 | BY |

It’s Friday, and we have a full reel of Q and A for you…

How to deal with cirrhosis of the liver is up first, then we talk about tooth soap and natural tooth care, Vitamix questions, other rice options for raw vegan sushi and more.

Your question of the day: Do you tighten your Vitamix blender bottom?

If you want to check out the Renegade Health Newsletter, be sure to get it here. In this week’s issue, I compare two green powders to help you decide which one is best for you! Click here!

1. Peg says:

I know that a tool came with my vitamix that is for removing the blade assembly, however, it is not recommended. I have never used it and I think maybe I lost it. Hopefully, I will never need it. Do they actually come loose?

2. Wes Davis says:

What are your views on Marijuana use?

3. Wes Davis says:

What are your views on Marijuana use? Now in this video, you mentioned herbs and Marijuana is a herb, so what are your views on Marijuana use?

4. Jonno says:

Hey guys! Great show once again 🙂 The newsletter link just makes my browser (Safari) close down… I’ve tried it three times and each time the same thing happens 🙁

5. Betoman says:

I submitted the question because my Vitamix has come loose on the bottom (underside) more than once now. The first time was not long after I made some almond butter. I sent it in for repair and they fixed it, but it is loose again. I thought that as much as y’all use yours, it would have happened to you as well. There has to be someone else bound to have experienced this. I probably need to send it in again for repair or replacement. Anyhow, the stumped look on your faces was worth it! Keep on keepin’ on!
    pronounced Beto man with a short e sound.

6. Peg says:

I was able to access the newsletter and I use Safari. Today I got a system update for Safari–maybe that helped.

7. RW says:

According to Vitamix if you have one of the following problems:

*increased vibration
    *leaking from the bottom of the container
    *increased container noise

You should do the following:

Solution #1:
    Check blade assembly for loose, damaged or nicked components and replace.

Solution #2:
    Tighten retainer nut with screwdriver moving clockwise until it is sung.

8. Geri says:

Aloha guys! Another great show, thanks a bunch. Why are all those good herbs not that good for the liver?
    Also, Annemarie, when the show first started, I thought you looked like a queen on your throne, (your ‘new’ sunflower chair and then at the end when you put on your crowns, why, you are a queen! lol

9. RJ says:

I absolutely loved the interaction you both had with one another on this show. Very entertaining!! I was hoping for a format like this to happen. I was a fan of a husband and wife team TV show a long time ago. I miss them. The following is a link of their last show. I know it is very dated. But alot of people truly enjoyed listening to this husband and wife team. No one has a format like that these days.Please bring the format of love and respect back to us all. Love you both!

10. Kelly says:

Yes! I have had to tighten my Vita-Mix several times. It does seem that it vibrates and it has leaked. I think my counter is uneven where my vita-mix is sitting so I think that’s why. So maybe check to make sure the surface that it’s on is level 🙂

11. jasmyn says:

where do i get me one of them crowns:)

12. Sophia says:

Great job!

13. Shweta says:

My husband’s uncle had Cirrhosis of liver and was near death. My mother-in-law use light iet therapy which included a small cup fresh squeezed pomegranate juice every day. He was healed and still living.Pemegranate is considered very good for liver in India and also great for skin.

Shweta

14. VegMom says:

Hi Kevin & Annmarie,

My hat is off to you and all your work and research.
    I would like to know what is a typical days meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) you consume. Typically do you just juice or smoothie for breakfast? Do you eat 3 or 5 small “meals” per day? Can you talk about a sample menu & why this works for you?
    I don’t tighten the Vita Mixer I have (it’s on loan to me)
    Thanks, & Really loved the Crowns!
    600th show coming soon! 🙂

15. Casey and Mateo says:

I bought my Vitamix second hand and it has been loose since we got it, it works just find, I figured that is why they sold it, thought it was broken.

When I put the Jug on i can turn it about 1/6th more to the left, it just doesn’t sit straight. It does vibrate and makes a bit of a weird noise, doesn’t make the food taste different.

15 minutes later…I realized after taking the screws out of the bottom (the stand) and removing the cover (knobs and all) that there is nothing to tighten inside, and that going inside that machine is a bad idea, I have no idea what I am doing.
    Then I put it all back together and it works, thank GoodNess. Then I looked at the bottom of the jug and saw nothing, then I looked inside the jug.

Sorry but the description was unclear
    “Solution #2:
    Tighten retainer nut with screwdriver moving clockwise until it is sung.

So you might need to tighten your Vitamix blender bottom if you have an unusual vibration or a leak!”

Now I have seen what a “retainer nut” looks like (it is the nut that holds the blade in place inside the jug) you need a ratchet set to tighten it, and after I did, when I put the jug on it doesn’t turn that extra bit.

All better, 30 minutes later.

16. Lilith says:

You talked about spruted rice, like in some restaurant, the other day.
    I have done some sprounting of rice. 🙂
    Not wild rice though, but red/black/white raw rice, but I’d suspect the “bloomed” wild rice would work as well.
    (Fermented rice and beans are common in Asia I think. I first found it mentioned in some Asian content.)

Yes, You do need some patience. 🙂
    It is not quick as other fermentations.
    But, like all fermentation, is awfully simple:

Just boil the rice (or use “bloomed” rice), with some salt (the only bacteria that can stand salt is lactobacteria, it kills the bad guys).
    Stuff it in a jar, pour on some water to cover, and close the lid.
    Put in on the fridge, or somewhere warm for a week or so.
    Then store it somewhere cool for another week or two (this is for all fermented products – the bacteria “ripens” during this period).
    Voilà! 🙂

It is WERY nice! I just LOVE it! 🙂

17. Ed says:

Wes, what are your views from marijuana use?

18. Ed says:

Wes, what are your views from marijuana use? Does it cause short term memory problems? Does it cause short term memory problems?

19. Barbara says:

I’ve had my Vita-Mix for about 30 years and I’ve never had to tighten anything on it. It still works great and I love it. I have the original commercial stainless steel container model. Perhaps the newer ones have an issue with the screws getting loose???

20. kathleen says:

Way cool – you are going to Peru! My husband and I are going there as well, in July. When will you be there? Are you hiking Machu Picchu too? Do you speak any Spanish? (I don’t). I am excited to see what you will be doing there. We are celebrating our third wedding anniversary this summer too.
    Now, I’m going to push it with my question of the day – How old are you two? (I apologize if you’ve answered this before and you don’t have to answer if you don’t want. I just want to see if there are any more synchronicities!) And be safe in Peru – stay on the tourist trail and watch your belongings (ie camera equipment).
    Thanks!

21. Sue says:

Like Barbara I have the commercial stainless steel Vita-Mix purchased in the early 90’s. It still works great and I have never tightened anything. The only problem I have is the rubber seal in the top leaks. I purchased replacement seals from Vita-Mix but they are not the same quality as the one that came with it. The first one lasted for years, the replacements last only months.
    Great show you two!!

22. hyesun says:

don’t have a vitamix, but i have a question about tooth soap – isn’t it basically the same as dr bronner’s castille soap? obviously dr bronner’s is liquid though……..i use dr bronner’s to brush my teeth.

23. Nancy says:

I too would like to know what your daily meals are like and some simple quick meals. I am new to your website and love you guys!! You are so informative and I learn something new every day!! As far as the vita-mix, I’ve never had a problem with the bottom being loose but for those of you who do not have one, you should get one. They are amazing and have boosted my level of health and energy!

24. Shelleyg says:

Like Barbara and Sue we have a stainless Vita-Mix from about 1984…absolutely no problemo! Except the seal. They wanted waaay too much for new ones from the factory + shipping. So we use aquarium silicone glue. Clean out the groove on the lid, squirt a ‘rope’ of glue into the groove, let it set for about 1/2 hr, then put plastic wrap over the damp glue and put the lid on top of the container and press down a little. It will form to the top of your container lip. Let it dry for a couple of days, peel off the plastic wrap = voila, new seal! Lasts for years.

25. Edgar Dean says:

Kev and Annmarie,

If I own a juicer(jac..o’l) and a blender would a Vitamix be a good investment? On the six day of the 7 day Challenge and have lost some weight both water and real….have been waiting for the cravings.

Absolutely didn’t have any til last night……whoa! Thought I was getting through with out them …LOL!! However, have not cheated and I drank any leftovers…easily I can say I’m not proficient(sp?) at the preperation. Better now and faster now…..LOL! Tough though to fit preperation into schedule without getting up real early or pre-nite. Worth it though!!!

Regretably missed the last call but downloaded it. Would like to ask some questions and make some comments…will do that on the next call or email.

Obviously you’re probably interested in the results…It feels good and the emotions thing did hit me…not so hard but I thought that was silly. Wrong! LOL!

Anyways, everyone should do the 7 Day Challenge…after a break (not backslide), Certainly have my eye and “Health Psyche” on 30 days. Stay Cool Like U R….Edgar Dean

26. andy says:

Dr. Daniel Amen is Oregon`s leading brain specialist. He was showing brain scan slides of heavy meth. heroin, alcoholics,and people w/ alzheimers. They all had holes all over their brain scan. He was asked about pot smokers and the brain. He said heavy pot smokers brains are also loaded w/ holes. Holes mean your memories are shot short and long term memories. So if you like being able to dress yourself back off these hole punchers.

27. Katelyn says:

Another tooth paste option is Oravive. It does not contain fluoride. And it contains a bone substitute, which both acts as an abrasive to remove stains on teeth, but also bonds with the tooth enamel to reinforce week spots. Other than fluoride is there anything bad about regular tooth paste?

28. john says:

Excellent show Kevin and Ann Marie. I liked the opening introduction and Ann Marie facial expression to what Kevin had said. You to have the right balanced chemistry and complement one another. Ann Marie does have a- very beautiful smile. I got a real bang out of what Elli made for you king and queen health crowns.(laugh laugh) Great show.

29. Jenn says:

Love the crowns 🙂

I maybe I missed the rice-sushi thing in this show, I saw the last post, but just a thought on that. I don’t use a rice substitute when I make sushi(lol, it’s why I never liked regular sushi much). I have made some awesome veggie sushi rolls that I used a very coarse chopped mustard green pesto and then julienned veggies. It has such a kick to it you don’t even need the wasabi!

30. Merv says:

My Vitamix came loose after having in for a few weeks. I sent off for the nut tightening wrench for about five dollars. Hasn’t come loose since then.

31. Steve says:

I had my lasik surgery back in 1996 when it was just getting approved by the FDA.

Previously, I was nearsighted, had astigmatism, wore glasses and then contacts, since about 1968.

In the mid 80’s I aquired scar tissue in one of my corneas when a metal shaving from an electric drill got in my eye.

As a video camera operator my vision is very important to me.

Back then I would occasionally be required to shoot video 10 to 12 hours a day, flying from one location to the next. Occasionally I’d fall asleep on the plane with my contacts still in. The dry air of the airplane made it uncomfortable (to say the least.)

After several months of cornea ulcers, and painful needle biopsies, my opthomologist suggested this (then new) proceedure.

He corrected my vision to 20/15 and I have been glasses & contacts free for the past 14 years.

I could not have been happier with the results.

Now that I’m approaching my mid-50’s things still look clear & sharp. But I am beginning to get presbyopia (need for reading glasses) especially when looking at computer screens all day. And I am developing cataracts.

I’ve been using eyedrops for my cataracts.

I’m also doing eye exercises for my presbyopia which seem to help tremendously.

I can definately attest to the fact that good nutrition, regular areobic exercise, and suppliments, plus various eye exercises, have all helped to maintain my good eyesight.

Maybe Kevin can do a future show about all of the alternatives to lasik surgery or have a segment on eye exercises, with interviews from Martin Sussman or one of the eye doctors from the Cambridge Eye Institute.

32. Jacquie says:

AWESOME crowns! They make you guys look like Mayan royalty. 😉 (Well, Kevin, you can just be a blonde, blue-eyed Mayan) hee! Tighten my Vitamix? I’ve never heard of it and never done anything but wash it out and use the heck out of it. 🙂

33. Chris says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,

I would like to (and need to) do more internal cleansing, and I can’t handle doing long fasts at this point, so I am considering doing 1 day juice fasts once a week. Do you think this is healthy and/or effective?

Thanks.

34. Jan says:

I purchased my Vita-mixer used. It is an older model 4500 commercial stainless steel. I have used it almost daily for 2 years and have never tightened it.

Enjoy the question & answer shows.
    Thanks

35. Cherie says:

We have had our VitaMix for at least 9 years. We have never had to tighten the blades.

Kevin, I thought you were going to get a hair cut? 🙂

36. Sue says:

Never had to tighten my Vitamix other than the time the blade assembly on the bottom got a broken seal and Vitamix sent me a new one. There was a special wrench and it worked well – BUT that was several years ago and I have no idea where it is now.

I have a question on a totally different topic. Do you have any information on the Debbie Meyer Green Boxes that are sold on http://www.HSN.com. I bought some a few weeks ago and have discovered strawberries in one of the green boxes for a week did not spoil and actually looked good. BUT . . . when I tasted them there is an awful chemical taste. So, the strawberries are in the garbage.

If you could research this, that would be great. I was looking for an alternative to freezing and thought I had found it. Now I’m wondering if these are actually harmful.

Here’s hoping HSN will give me a refund even though it’s been longer than their allowed 10 days.

Thanks for all you do for us.
    ~Sue

37. Chris & Sara says:

PERU!?!?!! I love how you just slip in Peru and then move on… SO exciting! Cant wait for the shows!!!

We have a blend tech and nope never loose and never tightened. LOL.

Awesome crowns!!!

Love yas~

C&S

38. Sharon says:

No fasting please for liver without supervision. YOU WILL OVERLOAD YOUR LIVER WITH TOXINS AND GET SICKER!!!

Nourish the liver with medicinal mushrooms like cordyceps, reishi, agaricus, etc.

Hepeel by Heel is an excellent homeoapthic remedy for the liver. It doesn’t irritate the liver.

Safely detoxify the liver and entire body with zeolite. See
    http://www.zeolite.org/sale/ for best price while still available. For me personally who has long history of liver issues this was the most valuable thing ever.

Increase glutathione levels (google selenium, broccoli sprouts, milk thistle to start).

Avoid all the bad stuff like chemicals, non-organic foods, most fats except coconut oil (it’s actually beneficial for the liver).

Those things will benefit virtually everyone with liver issues and are non-toxic. And as Kevin always says: get tested! Never consume something you’re allergic too and make sure your levels of nutrients are within normal range. If they’re not, your liver will be forced to work overtime.

Never heard of that issue with the Vitamix!

39. Pamela W says:

I have had my VitaMix three years and have never had to tighten it. About a year ago, I broke the blade by putting large chunks of frozen fruit in the ca. VitaMix sent me a replacement blade and the tool with which to install it. I’ve kept the tool but have never had to tighten the blade at all.

40. Pamela W says:

…sorry, frozen fruit in the canister…hit the submit button too early!