Will The TV Really Fry Your Brain : The Renegade Health Show Episode #586

Tuesday Jun 8, 2010 | BY |

My mom used to say that the TV will fry your brain…

In this episode, I use my Gauss meter to show you the EMF / ELF that the television puts off.

You might be surprised at what we discover!

Your question of the day: Please give us some questions to ask your for the “Question of the Day”!

1. Rui says:

KEVIN!!! YOUR LAST VIDEO HAS ANOTHER GUY TALKING OVER U!! AS SOON AS U START ANSWERING QUESTIONS THAT GUY FROM YOUR 2nd to lAST video starts talking

2. Thanks for addressing those questions. It’s nice to see people wanting to know more about health and well-being.

Possible question you can ask: “What is the ONE raw food item you will not touch? Why?”

3. Steve says:

Yeah, Kevin there’s definitely an overlapping voice. Sounds like an interview your doing.

4. Veronika says:

Yup, I hear the same thing as Rui (as of 10:52am PST), and I checked to make sure the other video was turned off, and it was. I also cleared my cache in the browser. Weird, haha!

5. LeAnn says:

Sorry to be asking again…but could you offer any help…my pH is too alkaline, not sure the best way to bring it back in to proper range on a raw diet since most healthy/raw foods are alkaline. Any thoughts you could offer would be great. I am familiar with the Reams testing and according to that, your pH needs to be 6.4 (two hours after a meal) in order to be able to absorb all of your minerals. I am taking plant based digestive enzymes too. Thanks SO much for your teaching!

6. Jocelyn says:

I’m having the same problem — someone is talking over Kevin in the video.

7. Beth says:

I’m having the same problem.
    At 0:32 on this video, the audio from your interview re: Are BioAlgae Concentrates Effective for Radiation Poisoning starts up.

8. Cristy says:

Yes you can’t hear a word you are saying just the other guy in the background. Maybe you can edit and put video up again – interested to hear about the TV thing.

9. Veronika says:

For the Question of the Day, I’m curious to know whether other people start typing a comment, and then go back and delete it or never hit send b/c they think it’s a silly question or that their input isn’t valuable enough.

I do that all the time, and the reason I bring it up is because you guys seem to be concerned with the number of comments (like when there are less than 50, you ask us where we are and get that sad puppy dog face).

I know you only have so much time to answer questions, so I hesitate to put more work on your plate. That’s how I feel when I’m about to ask YET ANOTHER question. So then the only thing left for me to say in the comment box is something not that important, so I feel I shouldn’t comment at all.

But on the other hand, I know you guys like to see high numbers of comments…so Kevin, what are your thoughts? And what’s going on in other people’s heads when they’re deciding whether or not to comment?

10. jos says:

Another guy is talking over you! 11:11am PST

11. Brianna says:

Yep! I hear it too :S I’ll try to listen in to what your saying though!

12. Farideh says:

Hi Kevin;
    Are you aware the last speaker is speaking over you ?

13. Heather says:

Double audio…Resend it after it gets figured out. I am interested in your findings!

14. Bill Vogel says:

Yes! Please resend this video once you get that double audio track taken care of! And call be about a run!

15. Sophia says:

My question of the day would be, “Do you garden, and if so what are you growing?”

I recently put in a native plant garden. I am growing a lot of veggies as well such as tomatoes, squash, tomatillos, arugula and a hopi red dye plant!

16. Shiree says:

Hi Kevin,

I just wanted to let you know that your Gauss meter measures the magnitude of magnetic fields (Gauss is a unit for magnetic fields). It does not measure electric fields, which has a unit of Newton per Coulomb. EMF stands for Electro Magnetic Field or in some cases (not yours) Electromotive Force. So, your meter is set up to measure magnetic fields emitted by appliances that generate current which in turn generates a magnetic field. : )

17. craigs says:

My question On emf Does the Q link have any scientific bases to help the body Process emf’s. I wore it for years but lost it swimming.trying to decide if it is worth the $100

18. TJ says:

Love your posts and your energy, Kevin!

I’m wondering how to break a plateau.

I’ve been high raw (90-100%) since January 1st. I’ve only lost about 33 pounds (out of approximately 120 that I need to lose). It seems like I have to fight for every single pound. The weight loss has been very slow and (somewhat) steady, but it seems to have stalled.

What do you recommend to jumpstart the old fat-loss engines?

If you choose to make this a question of the day, that might be cool, too.

Thanks,
    T

19. Amy Davidson says:

Questions of the day:
    Do you sprout or make kombucha tea?
    When you only have 10 minutes, what is your favorite workout routine?
    What is your favorite book about raw foods?
    Do you practice meditation and which types?
    What is your favorite green powder?
    What is your favorite smoothie recipe?
    Do you make nut or seed mylk and what is your favorite kind?
    What supplements do you take on a regular basis (vitamins, minerals, greens)?

I hope this helps!

20. Jan says:

My questions of the day would be:

1. What is your hobby or what you do for fun?

2. Your best quick & easy raw food meal is __ ?
    3. Do you have a pet and if yes what is it or if you could have a pet what would it be?

4. When was the last time you volunteered or helped someone?

5. If you could live anywhere – where would you live?

6. What do you do to relax?

21. Nick says:

It’s an older book, but “Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television” by Jerry Mander is a great, landmark read. I recently reread it after 20 years or so & realized how much I had learned, how valuable the info still is, & was thankful. Another good book on the subject, & somewhat more recent, is “Crosscurrents: The Promise of Electromedicine & the Perils of Electropollution”, by Dr. Robert O. Becker. He had previously wrote The Body Electric on the ease limb regeneration in reptiles & what our problem is we have in healing to that extent.

22. A little on Electro-Magnetic fields:

(I’ve got a couple degrees in Electrical Engineering, so I thought I’d offer my two cents…)

Generally speaking:
    (1) Higher *Voltage* devices will have a higher field intensity. Power lines are a bad deal! Old-school TV’s with a big, thick ‘tube’ in them (“CRT”=”Cathode Ray Tube”) will shoot out all sorts of EM fields due to the needed high-voltage to drive them. Newer “Flat Panel” TV’s however, don’t have that same high-voltage necessary… so they *can* be 100’s of times safer.

(Note I said ‘can’… it depends on how they are lit. If they use the newer LED lighting technology, then they have very low voltages and EM fields. However, many older TV’s and laptops use small fluorescent bulbs on the sides of the TV to backlight the flat screen. These, unfortunately, give off more EM’s…)

(2) Higher *Frequency* EM waves will travel further thru your skin. So, things like Wi-Fi & cellphones are at high frequencies (GigaHertz), and they can mess you up (cellularly speaking) a bit more. Low frequency stuff (like audio, USB devices, blenders) 😉 don’t penetrate, and have much less effect.

(3) Generally speaking, EM fields drop-off as the ‘square’ of the distance… what does that mean? If you’re twice as far away, you have 1/4 the EM field. If you’re 3x away, you have 1/9th the field. Etc. So, every little bit of distance helps! 😉

Hope that helps y’all!! 😉
    -J

(Shame the last show on BioAlgae was unfortunately on top of speaking… but could still understand it!)

23. nick says:

What is your favorite tropical raw or vegan friendly vacation spot?

If you are a vegan What do you bring to a friend or relatives dinner party to eat?

What is the simplest most effective answer to where do you get your protein for mostly raw vegan.

What are the easiest and tastiest food and drinks to serve family or friends who are not vegan when they come over to your place for dinner?

24. Barbara says:

Kevin – Couldn’t hear you at all. The other person’s voice audio was louder then you. Perhaps you should check into the problem and then re-run this again tomorrow without the second audio!

25. Cindy says:

Wow! This show sure made me use my brain. It wasn’t easy to block out the voice of the other audio, but I managed. Anyways, what are your thoughts on alfalfa? I don’t remember the health book I read years ago, but it said alfalfa wasn’t good to take. The research at the time said that when fed to animals, it caused them to become very sick & their hair to fall out. The reason I’m asking is because most of the green food powders have alfalfa as an ingredient. I’m leery of trying them because I keep thinking about what I read years ago.

26. Jordan says:

Kevin,

Great post! There is certainly a lot of talk around EMF exposure these days – and for valid reason. Have you ever considered getting a grouning/earthing pad or blanket?
    Check out my latest post and the latest literature on the subject.
    http://guidinginstincts.blogspot.com/ (I am not advertising, just trying to get the word out)

My question of the day for viewers would be: Do you get grounded. If so, for how many hours?

Keep up the awesome work you guys!

Have a beautiful day!

27. Kuru says:

How much TV do you watch and why? would be a good question for today.

28. RJ says:

Dear Kevin,
    PLEASE listen to your video now! There seems to be a terrible audio problem.

Bless your sweet heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to today’s video now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a good thought…what a challenging video for our brain waves. I had a loud day at work so I’ll wait for the new and improved video. Give Johnny 5 a hug from me.

Wow, this never happened before. Maybe we shouldn’t sit next to any electronics anymore.

Please show this video again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. RJ says:

I would love for you to ask this question of your veiwers.

“List the names of people of whom you have learned the most RAWFOOD truth from”.

I would say Kevin and Annmarie would definately be included in the list. I am curious as to who the others are. I’d like to build a tiny library for myself.

Thank you so much for your kind website!:)

30. Thomas says:

Definitely an exercise in concentration. Reminds me of meetings and public places when two or more people talk non-stop simultaneously. You have to focus.

I prefer for the question to relate to the topic of the video.

31. RJ says:

I agree with the note from Thomas………………The question of the day should always be related to your video of the day. Us humans are constantly pulled from one thought to another thought.

Let’s stay focused on the video of the day. In retrospect, Thomas (above) was correct.

Keep your questions relevant to your daily video.Just make your videos relevant to the questions your readers ask.

32. A long time ago,you asked what movies do you like? I would like for you to repeat that question.

33. Brianna says:

I had to do EMF to get through today’s show! Lol, It’s stressful listening to two voices speak at once 🙂

Question of the day: Where do you find the best health information BESIDES the Renegade Health Show?

34. Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

Hey guys! Sorry about the audio mess up! Completely my fault. I didn’t delete the previous audio track…

It’s like really obvious subliminal stuff… LOL!

It’s fixed now!

Enjoy guys!

35. naomi says:

a question i would like discussed is: what to do when it is freezing cold (winter in Australia now) and you are looking for something traditionally nice and hot (ie cooked)? sometimes i just want some warming food…thanks

36. Denise says:

What are your top five best books you have ever read?

If you had a family member stuggling with mental illness what type of professional help would you recommend? Are there natural alternatives in this field?

What web sites do you use to get info?

37. Cindy in Marin says:

Question of the day:

What supplements/foods have you found to really make a difference in your healing or energy levels. Then ask for testimonial.

So enjoyed running into you today!

38. suzanne says:

suggestions for ?:
    1. does anyone use products available to avoid EMF’s. They attach to phones, tv, computer, or some you can wear as a necklace.

2. what do you do to avoid cavities and is it working for you?

3. how often do you get dental x-rays?

4. what do you do if you can’t get organic for your juicing or green smoothies while on the road?

5. how many of you have gotten the blood tests we talk about to help you in your selection of supplements? what was your cost for them?

6. specific to post-menopausal women: what are you using to combat your lovely symptoms (hot flashes, night sweats, etc.)? side note: some younger women in 30’s start to experience this.

7. do you meditate and for how long?

39. andrew says:

what spiritual masters have you seen, and how do you define (what evidence is enough) spiritual master – a question

40. andrew says:

regarding the treadmill question – yes Magda Havas knows (Professor) that treadmills INCREASE EMF exposure INCREASING blood sugar. (type 3 diabetes) see videos

magdahavas.com

41. Rio says:

Kevin, Great job! I order and received the Tooth soap and brighter! I’m curious do you use the soap and brighter everyday? If not then how often? Thanks, great work!

42. dana says:

question?
    how bout spiritual questions.
    there is so much talk about health.
    but this body is temporary… for everyone.
    we have so much in common in that way,
    everyone on earth.
    so what about the soul?
    the other “thing” all being have in common, yes?
    how bout…
    how do you know you have a soul or spirit?
    how important is the health of your soul?
    is the soul eternally healthy?
    what is birth and death?
    why do we all experience birth, death, old age and disease?
    do you wan to know scientifically and philosophically about the soul
    or the supreme source of souls or energy?
    what is the purpose of life?
    why is there suffering?
    why are we infatuated with our bodies?
    is this body really me? or am i something different?
    if i am an eternal soul, why must this body die?
    can we live forever?
    is there such a thing as being disease-free forever
    and always blissfully happy forever?

just some ideas.
    i think this would bring a new element to the concern for our health.
    and i’m not talking about religious stuff,
    there is so much having to do with spirit soul and energy and even god/dess that is not having to do with the religions or cultures that may believe different things. i am talking about human beings and how we universally have alot in common, such as the dislike of suffering and the quest for eternal happiness and… eternal health.

love always
    hare krishna
    dana

43. Avi says:

Wow, that’s not the only way though. Television activates the orienting response in us, which helps us keep our attention to constantly changing environments. This was good for our ancestors who had to be weary of lions and tigers, but the television activates this as well, and people think it causes ADD, because we need constant stimulation and change of scenery as a result of too much TV. I wrote a bit more about that on my blog therawhigh.blogspot.com,

44. Lori says:

Joseph appreciate your shared knowledge.

What would you any of you do if you could not afford organic produce and did not have the means to plant a garden of your own? (remember you can’t afford the organic so you won’t be able to afford the supplements that cost too) What would all of you do?

If you could have only 1 book on being raw, 2 types of machines (such as dehydrater or juicer or mixer or..) and 3 impt. things you should always do to monitor your health no matter what your age WHAT would those be?????

45. Celena says:

Hi Guys! My question of the day would be What’s your blood type?? Is it A, B, AB, or O. I would really like to know what the average blood type is among all your raw foodies. I would also REALLY like to get your opinion on the blood type diet.
    Thanks

46. Lisa says:

Hi Kevin ,

Thank you for all the wonderful educational info you give all of us.

I was skeptical about going to an iridologist but did go .

I found her report afterwards explaining all the slides of my eyes very helpful .
    Have you ever had that done? Q of the day ?

One of the things she recommended was to take Cryptomonodales -green chlorella tabs by SHO-KO . Supposed to be the most potent available. Have you ever heard of this brand ?

All the best,
    Lisa

47. Debbie Grezik says:

Question to ask : Out of all your products in your store which 3 would you consider or recommend to be most valuable? Especially for those of us maybe on a tight budget?
    Thanks alot

48. Tiff says:

How are you working with Law Of Attraction

49. jasmyn says:

awesome little gadget.. see i keep coming across the flax too..and once or twice on the cruciferous… if you here of any others let me know… again that little gadget is fun.. do ya’ll use any type of emf shield… i will check out the grounding blog.. and all those who are tech minded and can share ohter ideas would be awesome:) so maybe let that be a question of the day..zuch fries sound awesome:)

Here are some questions…

1 When’s the last time you tickled your toes;)
    2 Have you ever gone a treasure hunt ( picked up trash in your neighborhood )
    3 What do you do to make sure you get enough water in a day?
    4 Have you ever eaten a bug for your b12
    5 What’s your favorite recipe to make for kids
    6 What essential oils do you use for pest control?
    7 When’s the last time you did a parasite cleanse?
    8 Do you eat dirt?
    9 If you grow a garden, how do you prepare your soil?
    10 Do you ever chase butterflies for the shear joy?

Well that oughta do for now;)

50. Kathryn says:

Hey Kevin,
    This is one reason and you could talk to Victoria about this one.

Best,
    Kathryn

51. Millie says:

When or why did you give up meat?
    How long did it take for you give up dairy?
    How do you feel now that you don’t consume meat or dairy?

It took me a long time (about one year) but I finally did it and
    I feel sooooo amazing, and I constantly advocate the idea
    about going vegan.

Hope this question is an orginal!!!!

Love u guys

52. Jackie says:

This isn’t a suggestion for question of the day, but a question for you Kevin. What kind of alarm clock would you recommend? I sleep next to my cell phone and use that, but I am starting to think that’s not a good idea. Perhaps this is a good/better/best situation with the best being natural sunlight. Thanks!

53. Darlene Santano says:

Kevin: Your presentation on eMFs was very informative. Incidentally, have you heard of the Power Balance bands (bracelets). They help reduce the effects of EMFs and yes it does work! My chiropractor sells them at her office and she wears one as well. They’re a big hit!

54. Nicole says:

I can’t think of question of the day, but question for you Kevin and Annemarie:

can you talk more about digestion like you did in this video? I am that person who has been eating a lot of raw food (still some cooked too) who doesn’t go number 2. It’s really frustrating since I thought fruit and plant fiber meant I’d go more. I’ve tried adding in grains and cooked veggies, chia, flax but nothing seems to help. I thought doing enemas would help my body cleanse and let my colon take over eventually but it’s not happening. Is the right step to go to a doctor, or naturopath? Or try fiber supplements first?

Also: what is your opinion on coffee, spirulina, etc enemas?

55. Ivy says:

Question of the day: How often do you feel tired and what do you do to energize yourself?

56. Ivy says:

Spirinula is an amazing addition to any smoothie. I read somewhere that it helps remove heavy metals from the body, and same with alfalfa greens, so I add both to a smoothie each week. I believe I have noticed a positive effect from doing so. Live well!

57. VegMom says:

Hello Kevin & Annmarie,
    My 1st “question idea” would be about meditation. What kind of meditation do people do out their and WHY?
    My 2nd question idea would be about pets. What do you or your viewers give their pets when they are not feeling well. I heard probiotics work for them too.
    Thanks for all your heart in helping change the health of the world.

58. Jana says:

Recently you mentioned self diagnosing and the importance of working with a knowledgeable practitioner. I’d like to see this question of a day: if you have a primary care physician you really like, how did find that person?

59. MaryAnna says:

Question of the day: Do you want/think to move to trophic place to live because it seems that is easier to stay high raw there?

One more thing: you could make french fries from Brassica oleracea var. gongylodes (kohlrabi). You can browse internet for photos. We in Croatia do not have jicama and I always make my fries from kohlrabi and it is just delicious! 🙂

60. Sharon says:

This may sound silly, but I am curious if those of you who have been on the raw food diet long enough get less bug bites then when you on the SAD diet?

61. Tabitha says:

Hey Kevin and AnnMarie! I am working the overnight shift right now and will probably have to keep this up for the next few months, and some great things have come from it; like finding your show and shaping up my diet 🙂 I was coffee free for about 2 weeks and I struggled!! Do you have any suggestions for staying awake and alert and energized though an overnight shift… As well as any suggestions for being able to sleep through the daytime??
    My sanity and my body will thank you if you can help me through this conundrum! Thanks a ton!

62. Barbara W. says:

Like #38 I would also like to know other people’s thoughts
    on dental x-rays as well as Kevin’s thoughts. Thank you!

63. heidi says:

Kale is my favorite food so my question of the day would be…what is your favorite kale salad recipe? 🙂

64. Patricia says:

Thanks Kevin, you always have informitive stuff. Maybe you can help me with this. I am gluten intolerante and also dairey. I eat mostly raw, but I do eat meat and eggs. More eggs than meat. I have been gaining wieght and it won’t go away. I got my thyroid checked and it was a little low, so am now on thyroid medication to get it up again, been taking that for about 6 weeks now. But still the weight gain, and I am eating so well. Low calories, meat only once a week. Is there anything I can do to help this situation out. My jeans are not fitting and I can’t afford to buy new ones. Help. Thanks

65. Didiydi says:

I like many questions, and as far as I’m concerned they don’t have to be related to the video. People can still comment on video if they like.

66. Barbara says:

Regarding the electo magmetic frequencies, could you please comment on such devices such as the teslar chip. Q-Link etc.?
    Thanks.

67. Chris & Sara says:

WOW! Love your gadget!! We would like to propose a 30 Day TV Fasting Challenge!!! LOL! We have been without traditional TV for a long time now and when we do see TV its amazing the effects that you can actually FEEL. This could be really hard for some people…
    But man its amazing all the things that you come up with to do when you dont have a TV. Especially in the bedroom…. hee hee….

What are your thoughts Kevin on the Blood Type Diet? And the ? about our blood types is a great one!
    Lots of other great ideas going on !!!!

Suzanne #38 all great ?’s
    Jasmyn great ?’s ….
    Top peeps to speak Raw Food Truth is an excellent one.
    Recipe ideas for our SAD friends/families..
    Are people gardening? If not why? If so, what?

Aloha~

C&S

68. Mamabird says:

How about;how many raw foodist have a serious battle with coffee. I’d be 100% raw if it wasn’t for my coffee addiction. I’m on and off…mostly on.

69. Dana says:

To Nicole #52 and Tabitha #58, for me the answer to both, having regular bowel movements and increased energy has been drinking Yerba Mate tea. I use the Guakaki brand. I love it and could not give it up.

70. Maia says:

I am wondering what items you would have on hand in a food emergency kit for earthquakes or other natural disasters? Welcome to California!

Maia

71. Pamme says:

Hey Kevin and Annmarie,
    I went to True North on Monday to get checked out as I was in town for a retreat. Thanks for bringing that place to my awareness. Awesome place and people!

72. Kristen Schriver says:

Hey Kevin, Can you comment on Master tonic mixtures. They seem to have the same consistent theme of soaking horseradish, onions, ginger, garlic, & peppers in raw apple cider vinegar. The claims are they cure all illness. Can you explain how this this works? And if there’s any truth in the claim? Thanks

73. john says:

Great show Kevin well done -A+. I have the same unit you have a Tri-Field meter mine takes AC or DC to operate.Everyone NEEDS one.But more than this Everybody needs an — Inspector Alert .com Co you have an inspector alert ?

74. Elisabeth says:

yes, i also like to know your opinion on dental x-rays.

75. sue says:

lettuce is what they call a ‘cold’ food in chinese medicine and most definitely can adversly affect hormones, especially those with a severe imbalance.

cold damp foods are very imbalancing to those trying to keep hormonal balance, these foods include chlorella and spirulina, most nuts and most rawfoods.

evidence of overdose of cold damp foods and a cold-damp ‘condition’/imbalance in the body is adult acne, hormonal imbalance and candida

eat drying warming foods and herbs (sunflower and pumpkin seeds are good, hemp is very bad, avocado is not great, nuts and seeds that are dirty/high mold, fungus, yeast moldy foods…..

not good. and yes lettuce can contribute to this as well

76. Tessa says:

what natural contraceptive method do you use? How effective is it?

Tessa

77. Betoman says:

How often do you have to tighten the bottom of your vitamix?

78. Helen says:

Hello Kevin, I want to know what is a soap brightener and the toothsoap? or they both the same? Helen

79. Delsia Vogel says:

HI Kevin,

My husband and I have been enjoying your videos as we take our daily commute from work. He drives and listens attentively and I make sure that he does not take his eyes off the road! LOL!

You have highly recommended the Ormus Greens powder and I would love to try it, but my concern is that it contains Oats, Barley and Wheatgress.

You see, my condidtion is that I am INTOLORANT to gluten (According to my results from EnteroLab.) I have been recommended to follow a strict GF diet, eliminating all foods containing wheat, barley and oats.

The Ormus Greens product descriptions states that it is gluten free.

How can a product make a statment that it is gluten-free when the ingredients specify otherwise?

Please help me understand.

Is it possible that I can take the Ormus Greens without suffering any complications?

One more question, is wheatgress that same as wheat containing gluten?

I will eagerly look forward to your responses.

Thanks in advance for answering all 3 of my questions! Delsia

80. Connie says:

What is your favourite way to prepare xxx?

We must all be looking for new ways to prepare familiar things (avocado, tomatoes, apples, etc.)

and

We must all be looking for ways to prepare things that are “new” (i.e. eggplant, kohlrabi, mache, etc.)

This should generate a lot of interesting recipes.

Thanks,
    Connie

81. Connie says:

Betoman, #77. You have to tighten the bottom of your Vitamix??? I just got one–so I’ll be interested in the reply to this!

On the subject of the Vitamix, do you ever take the bottom part off so you can stick the container and lid into the dishwasher? I’m finding the Vitamix doesn’t always come totally clean when I blend a drop of soap in hot water. If you do take the bottom part off, how do you do it?

Thanks,
    Connie

82. Cindy says:

One question you could ask… How do you get enough calories on a raw food diet? 🙂

83. Holly says:

What kind of medical insurance do you have and what would you recommend?

84. john says:

Thanks for the info on EMFs. Did you try testing your cell phone with your Trifield meter? What were your results?

85. Stephanie says:

What’s your favorite form of excercise- all around- which your feel gives the best results for the body?

86. Super says:

What kinds of mental changes have you witnessed from living on a high to full Raw food live-it?