Is Wearing a Bra Healthy : The Renegade Health Show Episode #580

Monday May 31 | BY |

I was going to handle the “is wearing a bra healthy” question on my own…

But Annmarie added a good tip from someone who has some actual experience wearing a bra. LOL!

(Though I think I did dress up as Dolly Parton for Halloween in 6th or 7th grade)

I also answer a bunch of questions on fermentation for gluten sensitive viewers, when to eat in the morning, what temperature is considered raw, a good and cheap shower filter and more.

Your question of the day: Do you use a shower filter?

Here’s where you can get an Aquasana Shower filter as well as get a Renegade Health discount! http://www.renegadewatersecrets.com/aquasana

1. Heyward says:

highest. ratings. ever.

2. Bridey says:

Unfortunately, some women are blessed with more chest than they need, and can’t get away with the bra-less or even built in bra tanks. 🙁
    It also makes exercise uncomfortable. 🙁

3. Diana says:

no.. but I would like to 🙂

4. Gaseous Clay says:

hey key,

why don’t you try Google Moderator?

people can upvote the questions they want you to answer

enjoy

5. Geri says:

I have an aquasana shower and kitchen filter and I love it!!!!

6. Tara Burner says:

sadly though for those of us who are DD’s we dont have a choice 🙁 blah!
    but hey once I get surgery to get rid of this then I’ll be doing the total tank thing like Annemarie 🙂

7. Veegstar says:

I’m not sure where to ask a question, so I’ll post it here. Hope it’s ok!

Do you have any suggestions for keeping yeast away in the body (mainly female issues) on a plant-based diet? It’s hard to eliminate fruit when that’s a huge part of the raw diet.

Thanks!

8. Tessa says:

Hi Kevin,

Could you please explain how to ferment quinoa (proportions and all). Thank you!

Tessa

9. Mahara Renay says:

Thanks for the shower filter info!! I live in South Korea and have really wanted one here!!

10. john says:

Great show Kevin a bit funny on womans bras but for reasons you stated makes logical sense this would also apply in men or women who wear tight underwear which is no good either.I like clothes that are loose and comfortable and cotton.

11. Sharon says:

I’ve not hooked up our shower filter here. In Ontario it made a difference of day and night. Here I don’t notice anything bad about the shower water. I don’t smell chlorine so it’s not too strong. My filter won’t hook up to the hose thing my husband likes to use on it so I’m out of luck.

Regarding the bra issus….I should do an entire blog post about this….anyway here’s a product review (no financial ties):

I hate bras and never wore one until I started breast feeding. Had to use pads to soak up leaks so a bra was the easiest way to do so. Just getting pregnant will stretch, grow and ruin breasts. Afterward it’s a rare woman that will look good without a bra. They will stretch out, then shrink. Sad. Gain a baby, lose your beautiful breasts. Fair trade I suppose!

A few years ago I was invited to a bra fitting from a neighbour. The company she works for is called Jeunnique and they make women-friendly bras. They are pretty amazing. At first they feel awful because they will lift the breasts up into place which will improve lymph flow since the breasts are not hanging downward and getting energy blockage (wish I had a diagram but I hope the ladies understand). This lifting takes pressure off the back muscles which will now be sore for 5-7 days but after that, WOW, no back pain! It’s amazing what large hanging breasts can do to cause back and shoulder pain. Not healthy! Pulls on the muscles and creates back pain.

The Jeunnique bra is great for any kind of bouncy exercise like horseback riding, jogging, etc. No bounce, no pain. I’m sure if all teens would start out with these bras they would never sag at all since it keeps the breasts nicely in position (and the boys out!).

They are the ideal nursing bra. They are constructed out of thin material that is breathable but really durable and strong. You will not sweat in them and they don’t need to be washed daily like other bras should be (yes, you read right–a bra should be washed daily or it will get fungus-ey).

Another plus point is that there is no underwire so you don’t get pressure from that and also you don’t get EMF’s zooming in on your bra wires irradiating you.

These bras are a bit pricier than most but well worth it considering the time a person uses it. They are the only bras I would personally use.

12. Basia says:

I read that you get 50% of your daily chlorine intake from the shower, mainly by breathing it in. So shower filters that eliminate chlorine are great.

13. jasmyn says:

Hey peeps:) Awesome show… No I do not currently have a filter on my shower.. I have well water. I hope to get one.. Especially if I wind up living someplace with city water. Got a question for you.. Do either of you have any thoughts on how to rebuild or tone or regulate the hormonal systems. Like all the glands. The lyme seems to have shot most of them.. Now that I am eating raw foods I seem to be getting more plant hormones like phytoestregen. I don’t really eat soy products. And what can help them heal and regulate? Ideas are appreciated:) Blessings all around and hope ya’lls night rocks. So glad to hear you talk of working with Bryan Rosner. I thought he would be a useful source for you.

14. jackie says:

I have one. I don’t remember the exact name…Enviro something? I think I got it from Garden of Life. It’s nice since they’ll send you a reminder to replace the cartridge every year.
    Please put this question on your list: Do the cell phone shields really work? Lots of places sell them to supposedly protect us from the EMTs emitted from our cellphones, but I am skeptical. Thank you! Hope you had a nice Memorial Day in spite of having to work.

15. Tracy Julias says:

My ballet teacher always told us it’s important to wear a bra or your boobies will be down to your waist. I guess I was brainwashed at an early age and now I’m a rebel. By the way my nana’s are not to my waist. lol.

16. Nick says:

Hey dont at least some of the comments beg questions worthwhile answering?

Belts “provide” similar constriction on men increasing risk of prostate problems just as they say bras do “for” women and breast “health problems”.

On the scale of when/where raw becomes cooked (like one’s goose) I bet the marker could be described as appreciably above 98.6, the healthy norm of body temperature.

17. Sheryl says:

Yes the home I am staying in at this time has a water filter system thru out the house and an additional Reverse Osmosis filter on the Refrigerator and Kitchen Sink. Then I personally have put an additional shower filter head in the shower I use.
    About the bra thing: I have to wear a bra because of my breast size but it would be wonderful not to have to wear a bra.

18. esther says:

It’s funnys to me that you guys didn’t note breast size in your bra segmenat. I think that makes a big difference when deciding to go braless or not.

19. Patrice says:

Yes. We have an Aquasana shower filter. Thanks for the info on making gf rejuvalac. Been wondering about that very thing.

20. Katie says:

Yes, I have used Sprite for the last 8 years. Is the one you recommend better?

21. Amy Davidson says:

No, I wish I did have a shower filter though (not sure if the landlords would approve, since I rent). I would like to know if it is bamboo or sugarcane behind you in this video.

22. Jackie says:

Yes, I have APEC’s shower filter. I love it. Bought it because of concern with inhaling flouride particles when showering. My hair & skin is better, too.

23. Katie says:

I’m a DD and I only wear a bra when I’m around business associates. I have to wear flame retardant material and so far I haven’t seen a DD bra made out of pure natural fibers. My big question is “What am I doing wrong?”. I’ve been eating a 95-100% raw diet and drinking distilled water for 10 years. I eat at least a pound of green, leafy vegetables a day. I was just diagnosed with osteoporosis. I’m only 48. I know that NW Ohio doesn’t get much sunshine, but what can I do to reverse the problem. I have broken 2 shoulders and a thumb in the past year. Does distilled water take minerals out of the bone?

24. Yes. I have an Aquasana shower filter.
    Thank you for all your good information.
    Johnie

25. Sparrow says:

I wish I didn’t have to wear a bra because they are so uncomfortable and everything else I wear is comfy. But I have H cup breasts (that’s DDDDD) and there is no way I can go without a bra. 🙁

It’s painful and my breasts don’t “bounce” they swing back and forth like giant pendulums when I walk. Think about that old sketch on Saturday Night Live where John Belushi was dressed as a woman and had the big wires swinging back and forth on his chest. That’s exactly what it looks like and the things that both women and men yell at me if I dare walk down the sidewalk like that are EXTREMELY insulting and humiliating.

Maybe do a segment about the health implications of breast reduction? Traditional surgery versus liposuction reduction?

26. Kurt says:

Cool, I use an Aquasana filter too.

27. greg says:

Yes, Ive been using a shower filter for about 6 months now…..really an amazing upgrade for my health. My skin doesn’t itch anymore after a shower and my hair is so damn soft. Also, my lungs seem to be in better shape not breathing in the volatized chemical cocktail of unfiltered water.

Kevin, you are looking healthy brother!!

28. Ed says:

I tried the aquasana shower filter about 6 months ago and love it. Thanks for bringing it up because it’s time for a replacement filter.

29. Rotem says:

I don’t use a shower filter and I really don’t think it’s necessary. (You’ve probably done a show that explains why it is, but I guess it’s one I missed).

30. Nadia says:

Like knife cutting and my grater the best. Favorite seaweed is kelp and dulse.

31. Jo says:

When I was 13 and my breasts popped out they were heading south like an amazon grandmother so I grew up not caring whether I had a bra on. I don’t even know if corrective surgery could make them sit where they’re supposed to, they’ve been like this so long. I do wear the type of tops Annmarie had on during the summer though. Most of the time I wear my nightgowns around the house (I have to pay for every load of wash so I try and wear what I can wash in the sink). Even with that bohemian “no bra” choice, when I got my first and only) mammogram it showed fibroid material. I thought nursing my son was supposed to avoid that. No filters on anything, but I do buy my drinking water from a reverse osmosis water store and have for over a decade.

32. Nicole says:

No shower filter but I want one. Thanks for answering my questions about eating in the morning/digesting! BTW Kevin, are you going to grow your hair out really long? It looks good that length, I just wondered if you were going to morph into a Matt Monarch/Paul Nison hybrid of long curls plus beard:-)

33. andrew says:

katie,

try horsetail, nettle (teas) and magnesium oil some chia for omega 3 for your bones,

maybe plenty of mushrooms for the vitamin D too (if not sunny)

34. Eva says:

I put a chlorine filter on the showerhead after I couldn’t stand the smell of the chlorine any more. It has been a huge improvement. I also filter the water from the faucet in the kitchen.

Sharon, thanks for the info. about Jeunique bras.

35. Adam says:

I got a shower filter from Mercola’s site. It’s been great having it the last year so far and it still seems to be running great (I tested the chlorine content in water).

Referring to post 23 by Katie. I think you should look into Garden of Life’s Grow Bone System. I’ve personally tried it but didn’t do any testing so only have anecdotal evidence. I was having problems with a couple of bone bruises/stress fractures healing and they FINALLY are fixed up 🙂 I did use it for about 3 months. There is more to bone building that calcium and I think Garden of Life did it right!

36. Fran says:

Interesting thing about bras – I feel that wearing one can become a “habit”. I never wore one until I worked in an office at age 21 and felt like I needed to dress more “formally”. I then got into the habit and when I left working in offices I still felt like I should wear it. I finally broke the habit again a couple of years ago and I love it! The only time I wear one now is while running or some other cardio exercise. It feels sooooo much better not having that tight piece of clothing on all the time AND it’s heaps cheaper not having to invest in bras.

🙂 x

37. Barb says:

Hi everyone,

I am new on this blog. Really interesting –
    nothing ever as easy as one might think.-
    eg. bras and sizes…..

For Katie – post 23 – regarding your lack
    of calcium in the body – start taking Schuessler Salts (homoeopathic uptake) 2x daily; 5 pills each; as well as Kali Phos 6DH and Mag Phos 6DH; you can get them at a good
    alternative health food store. They will help build your system at the cell level. The raw food is the best way to go but sometimes it just takes the extra help for the body to make up what it has been lacking; for whatever reason. Takes a good while. It sort of becomes a part of taking care of your body just like eating the right kind of food.

Hope this was ok to post!

38. Magdalena says:

I do and its great!

39. hi kevin and annemarie

i do not wear a bra and haven’t for many years…i have been blessed (i think so) with a small chest so it is not necessary…sometimes i wear body hugging tanks that have lycra in it, but not always…i try to do exercises to keep the pectoral muscles toned

i have a shower filter and would not shower with out it and for the lady who wonders about having one if you rent, they are not permanent, so of course, you can have one, as they simply attach/screw on to the pipe in your shower

you can check out my blog on the 42 day coconut cleanse i did in december 09 through january 10…i journaled every day to share with you information on how i felt, what i did and products i used…i also have written over articles that are health-related, but have not had the time to write. lately

namaste!
    chef mindy aka ageless raw beauty

40. Beverley says:

In regard to Bras……further to Sharon’s comments,,,,there is another brand called TAB..The Amazing Bra- a custom-fitted Bra
    which is designed similar to the Jeunique, but a softer fabrication…no underwires, no
    elastic in the straps…a healthy, functional Bra..designed by a woman in B.C. Canada…
    website: http://www.tabbra.com
    When the breasts are supported from underneath, the axillary lymph nodes are less likely to be pinched or compressed (as they could be with an underwire) thus less likely to compromise healthy lymphatic drainage.
    Underwires can cut off both circulation and lymphatic flow ….97% of the lymphatic fluid that drains breast is filtered by the axillary (underarm) lymph nodes which remove toxins and wastes from the body.
    The TAB Bra is a healthy alternative to a Bra with underwires and elastic straps where all the weight of the breast if on the straps.

41. Sandi Seegert says:

Yes, I have a shower filter and have been using it for about 3 years now. I paid less than $40 for the complete filter with shower head and the replacement filters are around $24, although I’ve paid as little as $19 for them and since I am the only one showering here I only have to replace it once a year.

42. Sandi says:

For Katie.. Try juicing.. I juice Carrots, Kale, Parsley and Celery and sometimes add cucumber and 1/4 beet. Have been doing this for several years. Four years ago I had a bone density test done and the technician got so excited he called the doctor in and said ” I have never seen anyone perfect before” He did the test twice. The only thing I can attribute it to is the juicing as kale and parlsey are very high in calcium.. I have never taken any calcium supplements. Distilled water is acidic so you might try Hallelujah Acres Water Max to alkaline and add the right amount of minerals. I have used distilled water for years now.
    God bless your efforts to get healthy.

43. Bernadette says:

Hello every one,

Regarding bra’s…
    Please note that a correct fitting bra should not be felt…
    Most of the women in the USA (and many in the rest of the world for that matter) do not wear a correct sized bra! I would strongly suggest all of you ladies to go and get fitted by a professional (do not enter any shop and ask for a fitting as a lot of the sales ladies are not properly trained). Please do your homework.
    This post comes from someone who has been working in the Intimate Apparel field for donkey years and who knows what she is talking about… smile …

Have a great day!

44. Tami says:

Kev–tried ordering your smoothie powder—but out of stock–:(

45. rainbow says:

i am currently showering in several friend’s homes, b/c i live in an rv w/o a connected water source, so i shower in other places, so no filter for me these days. i have used them before and appreciated them, and hope to have a connected water source sometime again in the next few months.

as for bras, i started developing what became quite large and bulbous, water balloon type breasts very early, at ten, and they just kept growing. i dutifully wore bras until the spring equinox of 1991, at which time i freed myself (yippee!) and have not gone back to wearing one since. my breasts became much firmer and more toned, and have remained so, almost twenty years now. i simply choose to wear loose clothing most of the time, so folks don’t even know there’s anything hidden. i really love running naked, (one of the names someone gave me is ‘the naked vegan’ because of some running naked in the forest stories i’ve shared). but running on a treadmill in the gym is a whole other challenge, and i may have to put one of those things on again. i appreciate the info about the tab and jeunique bras, and will look them both up. one challenge about not wearing a bra can be chafing, which has only recently begun to affect me. so i am sure to wash the sweat off with a washcloth, and sometimes use powder. and i live without restraint, which feels quite wonderful to me. thanks for all you to. peace to you and to ALL life. aho

46. Kym Hutcheon says:

Thanks a lot for the heads up on the filters, Kevin. When the water first comes out of the tap here it’s tinged brown with rust. Pretty common in older Japanese buildings, I’ve heard.

From what I’ve read, your points apply to most undergarments and for guys too. Tried going free-form for a while myself. But you end up getting knocked around and it gets old pretty quickly. But, I guess, think cradle and support, rather than compress.

47. Mary says:

We’ve had a shower water filter for a year now and I haven’t noticed much of a difference. We do have chloriamine (sp?)in the water instead of chlorine. I don’t think they work on this. I had talked to Dr. Mercola’s about the chloramines before we bought one and they said that the filters won’t remove that. If there is one that works, along with flouride removal, I would love to know what it is.
    As far as bras, I try not to wear one at home and it is hard finding one in the stores that doesn’t come with an underwire. I looked up the Tab ones, but they are in Canada and the J brands are too big.

48. Lorien says:

I am a DD bra size and I have gone bra-less all my life. Gave it up as a teenager unless I’m out in public. Gravity takes it’s toll. At 54 I’m probably a bit saggier then I would be if I’d worn one all my life, don’t know, don’t care. Between nursing four babies and not wearing a bra most of the day I have been told numerous times that I am very low risk for cancer. For those who think about these things, underwear is also something I gave up as a teenager. I had several yeast infections until I gave them up. Never had another one. They keep your groin area damp and don’t allow natural drainage which is not good for you. I have six pair of undies, one for each day of my cycle. I don’t use plugs, that blood was not meant to stay stuck up inside you. So I use pads which require undies on those days. No one thinks of these things when they think about why we get so sick. Lifestyle choices do make a difference. Most doctors won’t tell you that you cut your risk of cancer by not wearing plugs, mine have only said so because they already knew I didn’t. I have had several friends over the years throw their undies away after years of having terrible yeast infections stop when they stopped wearing them. It is an adjustment, but once you get used to the difference, you’ll never go back.

49. Kevin –

I was really curious about where you were going to go with this whole bra thing because it’s something I’ve been experimenting with for a while.

Few things I’d like to comment on:

1. The BEST place to buy hand-made bras made out of organic materials is Decent Exposures (http://www.decentexposures.com/). Each bra is custom-made for YOU. (No, I don’t work there.) I could never find a bra that fit and tried them out. Amazingly comfortable and a great alternative to the store-bought variety.

2. You didn’t mention underwire. STAY AWAY from underwire for exactly the reasons you mentioned in your vid. These are, by far, the biggest culprit of lymph-flow restriction.

3. I decided last December that I was done wearing bras. I normally wear a 42D, so they’re no insignificant size. The first thing I noticed was that I was unbelievably comfortable. The second thing was that I had some issues to get over with wearing dress-up clothes with no bras – that whole societal conditioning thing, ya know. And the third thing I noticed is how, about 6 months later, my breasts have changed shape. They’re much more rounded out on the top because I’m actually building up my pecs. It’s so wild because after having a baby, they tended to sag a bit, but that’s been totally reversed.

4. The only time I wear bras now is if I’m wearing a more transparent shirt or if it’s crazy hot outside. (I mean, who likes boob sweat, eh?)

Thanks for bringing this up. It’s actually quite a hot topic in this community, given that a lot of us are trying to go more au naturale. ; )

Take good care,
    Lisa Marie Lindenschmidt
    Rite Food and Company and Rite Chocolate

50. Kristine says:

For Katie: As someone who has overcome osteoporosis the natural way (diet and weight bearing exercises), I can say most of the advice here has been very sound. Have a bone density test done in your 30s (which I did), especially if you are naturally small framed (which I am) and work from there. Make sure you have an alkaline diet (use testing strips.) The latter is good advise for everybody because the body will rob your bones of calcium if your diet is too acidic. That is one reason a high raw diet is so fantastic!

I have an Aquasana shower filter…

51. kate says:

Wow, I did not know so many people DON’T wear bras. Since I teach, I would never go braless. I did buy a shower filter at the local health food store several years ago, and its great, takes out the swimming pool chlorine smell and I think it’s better for the skin.

52. Sue says:

I used Pur filters at the sink for years, but got tired of replacing them so my husband installed an RO system at the sink and frig icemaker. Then I got an Aquasauna shower filter, but I like baths and filling the tub from the shower wasn’t working.
    Finally, hubby installed a whole-house filtration system and I love it. I still have the RO at the sink and the shower filter in place also.

As for bras, they suck. I don’t wear one except when absolutely necessary. Thankfully I’m small chested.

53. Melissa says:

I have a shower filter from my local health food store but don’t know how good it is. It was all I could afford. Better than nothing I hope!

54. Beth says:

I do wear a bra, as I am a G cup. However, when I get home from work, the bra comes OFF. On the weekends, if I’m staying around the house (and people aren’t visiting), the bra stays OFF. Since I have started doing this (about 4-5 years ago) I have found that my breasts don’t hurt as much and they do NOT sag any more than they did before.

I don’t have a shower filter, but I have thought about getting one.

55. Sarah says:

At the present moment I don’t need a shower filter. We are so blessed to be on deep well water. This water comes from deep springs out of the rocky mountains. I do have a shower filter though from those times we live on city water.

To Jasmyn #13: I am an herbalist and have found the best herbs for balancing hormones is chaste tree berry (vitex berry) and black cohosh. You can find the tinctures in health food stores or even online. You can mix 2 parts vitex berry and 1 part black cohosh and take about 1 tsp 2-3 times a day. Give this some time to work as it is helping your body balance itself.

56. Kathryn says:

I use the Multi-pure shower filter which has quartz in it that softens the water which works great.

57. Mary Moore says:

Hi Kevin and Anne Marie,

You were talking about the temperature that defines “raw”. Please consider this: That temperature is 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit and to go to even 104 degrees is risky. Here is scientific proof: When a human being, a living organism, has a fever of about 105 degrees, it’s components begin to DIE. We all know people who lost their hearing or eyesight or incurred brain damage as a result of a high fever. (possibly from measles etc.) Enzymes and plant cells die in the same way, from high temperatures.
    I was horrified to watch someone making keifer from “raw” coconut. He brought it to the “correct” temperature by putting it into a pot on top of a 2″ gas flame! Don’t try this: put an empty pot on top of the hot stove and rest your hand there! The way that the liquid in the pot all comes to the “correct” temperature is by sitting on the bottom of the pan until hot and then naturally circulating up to the top, as heat rises, thereby allowing the colder liquid to sink to the bottom. Every molecule has likely “visited” the bottom of the pan many times in the process of simply reaching body temperature and has consequently been killed!
    The only safe way to heat anything is to put it in a space that is about 98 – 100 degrees, or in its packaging into a large container of BODY TEMPERATURE water and keep changing the water till what you are heating matches your body temperature…which pretty much wastes a lot of water and takes forever. I barely heat the oven and wait for the temp to go down to 100. To reheat, I take my food out, reheat the oven, let it cool etc.
    Heating foods to “release certain nutrients” is another study, but raw foods must make up a very high percentage of what we eat.
    Sun-dried food is thoroughly cooked! It may reach close to 200 degrees after it has been taken off the vine with its roots in the earth, shade-giving leaves, and life-giving water, and then laid directly in the sun. Thanks for listening! Mary Moore

58. Janet says:

Ah, speaking as a very blessed woman in the bra size world, using camisoles is just not good enough like Patricia Bragg says to do. She must not be too big since she wears these. I just can’t wear them exclusively as I am bouncing around all over the place without a bra. It is better to do massage on them and in the area of the rest of the lymph glands in the chest area to keep the flow of lymph flowing. Also one can use a mini trampoline to bounce the lymph around. Being dehydrated is far worse on the lymph glands than anything else. Fasting helps to clear them out. I know this as I have taken tests showing this to be true by professional doctors. I’ve seem the before and after with me and it is dramatic with exercise, good water, and food. Most women who exercise (just walking for say 40 minutes a day) and eat/drink right don’t have lymph issues.

59. Jacquie says:

Hi Guys. Another fab show! Kevin, I LOVE it that you are willing to tackle any subject. 🙂 Yes, I have Dr. Mercola’s shower filters in each of my bath showers. I feel so good knowing I’m not showering with chlorine, fluoride, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, etc. I don’t even bathe in my non-filtered tub anymore. To Sharon and Lisa Marie, thanks for the tips on Jeunnique and decentexposures.com. I also usually go bra-less. If I’m going out, I gave up the underwires and usually wear a looser fitting jog bra or a top like Annmarie was wearing. I’m sure society would say I’m too big breasted to wear those tops, Annmarie, but I’m more interested in my health than what society thinks. Thanks for showing us your top, Annmarie. You’re such a beauty! Have a fab week! 😉

60. Leam says:

Yes, we have used shower filters for years. At the moment we have Sprite filters in our showers.

Thanks for addressing the bra topic. I’ve considered this many times over the years and agree completely with your answer.

Great show…as always!

61. Carachi says:

No, I don’t have a shower filter. I have one in my kitchen though…

But what I really want to comment on, is your looks, Kevin.
    I have been noting this for some time now, and I thought I’d give you a comment on it. 😉
    I don’t know if it is all the facial oils you rub on, your health diet with all those green leaves, or just your longer hair.
    Whatever it is, You are looking disgustingly great these days! 😉
    Whatever you do – keep that curly cerubian hair! 🙂

62. Mimi Stiegel says:

Let me ask you Kevin… do you wear boxers or briefs. The same rationale exists. Want to talk about that?

63. hyesun says:

i wear those tank tops a lot too and try not to wear a bra if possible. if i do wear a bra, it’s a wire free one. also i rebound – that’s great for the lymph.

i do have a chlorine filter on my shower but don’t know how well it works – it’s one of those cheap ones….

64. Stephanie says:

I’m not as well-endowed as many of the gals seem to be on this site – ha! However, I thought I could never give up my underwire. I have. Now, I use a lot of the shelf tanks around the house and a no-wire bra when venturing outside except for special occasions or certain outfits. Though I must say the underwire/top combo got a lot of play at Whole Foods this morning. HA!

No filter. Try to take lukewarm showers to not create as much steam tho.

Peace out!

65. Kathryn says:

I’ve got a Zeolite Shower Filter – suppose to filter out fluoride as well as the usual toxins.

I use it for my drinking water as well – no more plastic bottled water for now.

66. Angelique says:

I agree about Aquasana. About 6 years ago I researched what would was the best value and quality and they made the top of the list for me at that time. We had one of the models that can go under the sink and have a little faucet coming up through one of the holes on the sink — pretty and functional. Loved it!
    Ditto on bra-less…only when I have to but that is not often thanks to being pretty small-chested. I am loving the style of tank tops now that flow out in front, sort of like trapeze tops, (not super snug) so that nobody notices what my breasts look like and I don’t feel self-conscious, just pretty and comfortable. They can swing, sweat, or do anything they want under there! 🙂

67. Amy says:

I have a shower filter from ewater.com that I love and just got a whole house filtration system that I’m so excited about.

68. Bill Vogel says:

Hi Guys! When are we going for a run, Kevin? I have an Ionways Athena for drinking water and a Wellness cartridge filter on the shower.

69. jasmyn says:

thanks sarah.. i will check into the herbs..
    katie… maybe don’t drink distilled water… i’ve heard from more than one health pro that is leaches minerals.. some people add minerals into to it as they drink it.. me i drink my hard water from the well..

70. Veronika says:

Awesome video!

My water district uses chloramine instead of chlorine, so it’s difficult to find shower filters that remove it effectively. I’d love to find a good one though! Kevin, if you or anyone else has suggestions about that, I’d love to hear them. In the mean time, I might buy a filter that removes everything else at least.

I try to limit my bra use at home and on the weekend, but I tend to feel self-conscious in public without one. Especially if I’m wearing a shirt that defines the shape a lot, or would show my nipples easily. Gosh this feels graphic writing this on the internet, haha. I’m in my 20s, so I’m worried that going bra-less would give men (and women) the wrong impression. Especially since I work around a lot of men…and I don’t want to wear baggy shirts or thick clothing just to compensate for that.

The shelf-bra tank tops are a great idea! Thanks Annmarie!

71. Jeni says:

Hi Kevin

I think wearing a bra is good if the fitting/size is correct.

Most women according to a lot of survey wear a size too small for them.If you are a small cup then it is ok to go without but if you are a D cup plus then it is hard not to wear a bra.

Regarding Filters.

CUZN.com have the best value for money and their filters will take 30-50% of floride out of the water and they last for around 10,000 litres. (It does not say this on the web site but I have emailed them over this to find out the truth.)
    Not many other sites state the level of use you get from filters either. and the fact is you can use their filters on hot water as well.

72. Thanks for answering my question about rejuvilac. I will try it with quinoa.
    I’m taking a 30 day raw challenge after vacation. So no cabernet for that time. Wish me luck. I’m running 75 – 80% raw. But how do you replace the potatoes, rice, quinoa?
    We have a deep water well, so we have no filters. Had the water tested by the county, and all is good. It tastes wonderful!

73. Valerie says:

I’m very lucky in that I have a small chest and can get away with not wearing a bra. When I was younger, I was always warned that if I didn’t wear one, my breasts would sag when I got older. I’m 47 now and they’re still perky, so I’m chalking that one up as a myth.
    For those better endowed than myself who have no choice but to wear a bra, I highly recommend giving yourself a regular breast massage to help with lymph flow. There are lots of great breast massage products out there, like Woodland Essence’s Beautiful Breast Balm. Regular breast massage can also be a wonderful opportunity for self-nurturing – show the girls how much you love them! <3

74. Ginny Fisher says:

I’m a Recovery Room RN who has recovered many women after breast cancer surgery. I muddled over the bra or no-bra question in my mind for years. About 5 years ago I decided it was time to act. I wish I looked like Anne Marie and could do the shelf thing. But–NOT! So I started wearing exercise bras almost a 100% of every day, and of course no bra at night. Just do an occasional few hours in a regular bra in dress-up situations, and it really feels restrictive. The arguments about the lymph and blood restriction make great sense to me as a student of medicine as well as health. So that’s my solution!