Can Aloe Vera Improve Digestion : The Renegade Health Show Episode #573

Thursday May 20 | BY |

This episode is not only about if aloe vera can improve digestion, it’s also about aloe vera and if it’s able to help produce HCl…

I also answer questions about the raw food diet, 80-10-10, eating too much fruit and water fasting.

Tomorrow, we’ll have a “Fitness Friday”! Remember those?

Your question of the day: What type of therapies do you want to know more about or do you use?Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comments now!

1. Pat G. says:

I’ve done 91 water fasting days, 3 at Tanglewood and 1 at TrueNorth, and I enjoyed (if one can REALLY enjoy) my stay at Tanglewood under Robert Snaidach and Tim Trader’s care. I’m still a friend of 2 caregivers. I loved the careful refeeding process, too. At TrueNorth, not so much, although I appreciated the periodic medical testing.

Please interview Dr. Tel-Oren (find him on youtube). He will tell you why your IQ could permanently diminish on a water fast. It freaked me out. He’s got lots of info and lectures at http://www.ecopolitan.com I’ve attended 3 seminars in the last 6 months in San Mateo county, California. Talk with my bud, Anna (ahh na) Coulter of http://www.annacoulter.com to find out more. Dr. T is in the vicinity, I think, this weekend, in Santa Cruz. I could be wrong. Let Anna know that Pat from Daly City sent you. Dr. T is an MD in Europe and an extremely well informed scientific functional practitioner not to be missed! I adore (and have seen around the country and consulted in Staten Island) Fred Bischi PhD, and Dr. T stands a very close second if not equal!

2. Karen says:

I’m using something that has helped my digestion. I take cayenne pepper mixed in a little water 15 minutes before I eat. It greatly increases your digestive secretions. I learned it from Kal Sellers at http://www.kalsschool.com. Kal says to start with 1/4 teaspoon at first and then increase it. I’ve learned many other things from Kal, too. Kevin, I would love for you to put Kal Sellers on the Renegade Health Show.

3. Christa says:

I was just wondering if you know of any effective ways to eliminate cellulite either nutritionally or through exercise? Or is it even possible to get rid of cellulite at all? I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

4. Dean Rivers says:

I feel that there is conspiracy going on re some of these therapies. As for years I’ve looked at sites like Mercola, (and more obviously Dr. Weil), I cannot believe that Mercola is a chiropractor (or osteopath, I forget which) and yet he doesn’t have any articles about NETWORK chiropractic in his archives. If you for instance don’t know what this is (being far different from traditional Chiropractic), this all the more suggests my point about therapeutic conspiracy. I wrote him once about it, and it went nowhere. I don’t know why BOWEN is regarded and so reputable (it never did a thing for me), when NETWORK HAS, INCREDIBLY SO. Please look into this, and Donald Epstein.

Also, what about these BIOELECTRIC therapies – the QXCI (now called INDIGO), or the INERGETIX CoRe (Coincidence Recognition). http://www.energy-medicine.info If these therapies work (I’m sure they do) then why are we still talking about the same old tired therapies that are so superficial, and been around for ages — Massage therapy, traditional Chiropractic etc. Why don’t you guys be the ones to start enlightening us about all this stuff we never hear about, as perhaps I’m introducing you to now. I’d be delighted if you’d take it on full steam.

5. Barb says:

You mentioned in the video that you don’t really follow the 80/10/10 diet all the time? So where is the main source that you receive your calories from? Do you eat large amounts of nuts and other fats? When eating raw, it kind of narrows down your options for where to get a bulk of your calories from. Greens and vegtables are great for you but there simply isn’t enough calories in that food group to be sustainable for a long period of time. I know you guys are always experiementing and evolving in your diet, I am very interested in hearing how you thrive on the food you eat now. Thanks so much.

6. Kuru says:

Michael Pollen and Dr. Williams: great idea! Please bring them on!

7. Ineke says:

Thank you Karen (#1) for sharing your cayenne pepper water recipe. In fact, I drink every morning lemon water with cayenne on an empty stomach. I am going to try that as well before my other meals.

Kevin, I don’t know if you have heard about hyperbaric oxygen therapy for cancer. I do not know too much about it. May be that is one to research

8. Susan says:

I think the Baby Boomers would like to see a show where you talk about Natural Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.

9. greg says:

Kevin, I would like to see you do a show on blood electrification, ozonated water, etc….the bob beck protocol. It would be nice to see you touch on that, present some more info on it.

10. Dawni says:

Hi You Two…

I highly recommend checking out the Kortum Technique…John Kortum completed a series of clinical studies in the DC area with a highly credentialed Medical Doctor and his associate. I am still scratching my head over what it portends. He has a method for reading the body’s health indicators. It is something that anyone can learn. It is now being shared at medical conventions as the method is teachable.

One of many profound features of this methodology, is that there is an indicator that he calls the moisture level indicator that is the signifier of vitality. Something I am determined to learn more about. Second, this method enabled the doctors involved to address patient needs for health concerns not yet detectable by conventional testing methods.

We have discussed testing often at Renegade Health and I feel anyone interested in this arena would be wonderfully served to learn how the body telegraphs its imbalances to us before it manifest in the blood, urine, etc.

Kevin — I feel this information will enhance the indepth probing you are doing to determine your own optimum health regime.

You will NOT regret making an inquiry into this technique. The book is fun to read. Informative and provocative. One of the most important books I have read in a longtime.

There are many health concerns that are not solved by what we consume or not consume alone. Eventually, we need to add in the other key components of our health and well-being.

Also — I would like for you to interview Wendy and Jim of Pure Jeevan regarding the resolution of her life threatening Lyme disease. She found a link to dairy that I feel will interest you and the Renegade Health community. I feel they are on to something and would like for you to see if we can learn more about what she discovered.

Dawni

11. Raquel says:

I have done many 10 day water fasts and I had plenty of energy the whole time. On the 9th day of my water fast I was at a convention working and there was a pull-up contest going on and I entered and did 12 pull-ups. Your body has plenty of energy reserves and I actually experienced having more energy than I did before.

Dr. Paul Bragg talks about this in his book “Miracle of Fasting.”

12. allyour showes are very interesting and I haven’t mist any of them . but maybe one (vegan restorents,eaterys is ther any in the greater Cincinnati,Ohio area?)

13. Melissa says:

I would love to know what therapies can improve digestion. Aside from probiotics, what else can you do? I have taken HCl and it gives me indigestion so that is not an option for me.

14. Beverley says:

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with green smoothies affecting the blood thinning if taking warfarin……especially spinach or kale …..

15. Erika says:

Omg, I love you guys! I watch the Renegade Health show more than my t.v. haha

Anyways I have dabbled into raw foods facing serious digestive issues which has caused me to quit. I too over eat on nuts, I just began a few weeks ago and I went through 2 jars of almond butter, 3 boxes of raw cookies and like 3 pints raw ice cream in two weeks lol. Previously I was doing body ecology which majorly helped with my digestive issues and candida.

My question is what is the best source of protein and what time of the day should I eat. I am blood type 0 and I don’t mentaly crave meat but physically my body runs better, so any suggestion would help. I would love to stop eating meat.

16. anasha Sol says:

i had bad experiences with doctor T and would recommend to be cautious about him.

17. Steve says:

You may have already talked about this but I’d like to know more about Reiki and other types of “energy” healing for both the body & the mind (physical injury rehab and deperssion).

18. Amy Davidson says:

I am also interested in learning more about Reiki and energy healing. I absolutely love massage therapy in it’s many forms (Swedish, Thai, Hot Stone, Myofascial Release and Deep Tissue). Thank you Kevin and Annmarie for your wonderful show and lovely insights!

19. Years ago I fasted with Dr. Goldhammer when his center was The Center for Conservative Therapy. Although I was bedridden after the third day (toxic liver and blood sugar problems) a women was there that was over thirty days on water and she was active and taking walks every day. It is different for everyone.
    As far as I remember from reading Dr. H Sheldon’s books on Natural Hygiene, nothing can be added to a water fast and still consider it a water fast. But like Kevin said modified water fast could very well have advantages for some of us.
    Goldhammer is a scientist and one of the most knowledgeable men in the field of Natural Hygiene
    Another scientist that can be trusted is Dr. Gabriel Cousins.
    I get the feeling that Kevin Gianni, Fredric Pernaud, David Wolf and all the rest of the light weight researchers do not like Dr. Robert Young, but of all the true scientists out there he is the only one that is curing the big diseases, all of them. He is who I would go to if I had one of the big diseases and could afford him (get his books). Yeah yeah yeah , Kevin doesn’t like isms or diets that are restrictive but if you have diabetes 80 10 10 will probably kill you.
    People argued that the world was flat at one time so, the same folks have a hard time understanding the pH miracle, that does not make the world flat. As far as HCL and aloe vera goes, it may help digestion in a completely different way. Dr. Young, as I understand, thinks HCL is a chemical bi-product and not necessary for digestion. You will have to look that up yourself. I had a young friend that called me up at six in the morning, asking me If I would see his girl friend at 6:30 am as she was schedualed with her employer, a doctor, for exploratory surgery. The young man was suspicious about the necessity of the surgery. She had been complaining about abdominal pain. She came over and I found a chronically inflamed Illeocecal valve, manually closed it as it was stuck open (old osteopaths called this the great mimicker ) and told her that if it was me, I would find a high quality aloe vera product that had the enzyme responsible for destroying the medicinal quality , denatured. She was fine and canceled the surgery, the doctor said I was a quack and later took the rude comment back as all I did was help both of them. How good is it to do unnecessary surgeries?
    I am in Thailand at present and have been 100%raw and am doing very well. I choose this life style and really love it. But for every raw fooder that will make to to 90 years old many, many more meat eaters, smokers and drinkers will also make it to 90. Old yogis that ate rice and milk lived much longer than that and the oldest people in the world were always meat eaters with maximum consumption of no more than 4 ounce of meat at a sitting and not every day. National Geographic had an article on longevity many years ago and all the oldest 129, 135, 165 people were farmers. One of them a women of135 was celebrating her birthday with a couple of younger men in their late nineties. She had a glass of Vodka in one hand and a Cubin cigar in the other, her head was tilted back and her smile is something I will never forget, missing teeth and all. The Taoist, like the guy who came up with the Foti formulae lived over 200. Granted , it is a different time on the planet and the health challenges are very different in LA than in the Georgian mountains near Russia or Vilcabamba so keep researching and finding the best food for this challenging time.
    There are lots of factors and all these guys that are in their early thirties are just trying to figure it out and support themselves on selling products. I happen to enjoy K. and A. Gianni and think they are doing a good thing and have good products but don’t confuse any of these raw food sites with real science. I think Kevin said that amino acids are protein but protein can be an antigen if not broken down into amino acids. Remember, bacteria are also a protein.
    Again, I think that all of these guys, especially Dr. Mercolla are doing a great service to get the info out there and to challenge the modern medical model that we all know does not work. Again if you are ‘really’ sick and not just overweight or a bit toxic, Dr. R. Young, Dr. A. Goldhammer and Dr.G.Cousins might be the way to go. I am sure there are more of these ‘real’ Doctors that understand health is not a model for pushing drugs,
    Kevin would probably agree and is in no way touting himself to be anything else than a resource and retailer. I write this only to be helpful in looking at the info on all these sites for what it really is. Recently I heard David Wolfe call himself a scientist, man did he use that word loosely.
    Anthony Lopedota
    sorry not edited

20. Casey and Mateo says:

I find the concept of self healing very exciting. On one hand there is the food, “you are what you eat”, then there is you, “you are what you think”.

Can we heal ourselves, as in instantly. There are people out there (Nick Ortner “EFT” TheTappingSolution.com, Jo Dunning “The Pulse Technique” JoDUnning.com, Eric Pearl “The Reconnection” Reconnection.com, ect) that do hands on healing, you are cured with in minutes. And can learn to do the hands on healing yourself.

Why do we believe that it must take years, to get healthy, is it our minds, society says, why don’t we have the power/strength to do it ourselves, that’s what we have always believed?

I find these therapies exciting because we can all do them with out needing to buy anything and it is not WooWoo, it’s inside all of us. You only need to open you mind and move forward.

21. Liberty says:

How interesting that you commented that people are basicly bedridden within 6 days or so of a water fast. That has not been my experience at all. I have been on a 12 day water fast and felt wonderful….very energetic throughout, in fact. Maybe it is harder on those with less body fat or lower BMI…could be very interesting to research.

22. Liberty says:

Music Therapy….would love to learn more about that!

23. Oksanka says:

Energy Medicine is actually supported by many big scientists. Kevin and AnnMarie look into Donna Eden “Balancing Your Body’s Energies for Optimal Health, Joy and Vitality”. Brilliant book with so many examples and practical advices. Cheers

24. Gail says:

Kevin and Ann Marie,
    Hello… I love all the info you bring to us.
    I have been working with Dr Moorse. He explains that you have to be clean on a cellular level in order for any diet to work. I have visited him in Port Charlotte, FL…he heals with a fruit diet and herbs.Also, he does irridology and had worked with Bernard Jenson. He has written a wonderful book that really explains the body. Let me know what you think…Gail

25. Jan says:

Music Therapy – I came across an internet site about a Neuro Music Therapy and have not been able to locate it since. This site talked about cognitive issues due to trauma. I would love to know more about it.

Also a question for Annmarie. Do you have any plans to market shampoo? Somewhere I read a question about the Face & Body lotion in a larger bottle. Personally I would perfer to keep it the same size. I would rather have several smaller bottles (the size they currently come in now). One in my bathroon, one on my desk, and another next to the kitchan sink.

Thanks for the information – I have learned much from the shows.

26. Jim says:

I agree with Susan “I think the Baby Boomers would like to see a show where you talk about Natural Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy”. Great idea for a show!

27. Stephanie says:

Energy therapies such as Reiki.

28. Tyra McMahon says:

One therapy that has really worked for me is sacral cranial. It’s amazing.

Today I am starting on “Trinisol Products”. I’m so excited. There’s nothing else out there like it.

It’s been a journey but I am slowly finding out what works and what doesn’t for me.

29. Julia says:

Hi Kevin,

I’m wondering about B12 injections and iron injections.

i’ve had blood tests done and turns out my iron (and ferritin) levels are very low and so is my B12. (Slightly expected this, but was hoping it wasn’t the case).

I’ve been vegan for 7 years, high raw. My diet seems to consist of “all the right things”, lots of green smoothies, huge variety of greens and fruits, seaweeds, some nuts and seeds, some cooked legumes and grains (quinoa etc). But no dairy and no meat. I haven’t taken supplements orally, I’ve heard they don’t really help and depending on the quality, they could actually be bad for you…

The injections seem like a last resort, but maybe necessary?

What are your thoughts on injections to boost levels?

Thanks so much.

30. We like it that you focus on the food/nutrition for optimal health. There are many unanswered questions. This seems to be a good niche for you, at least for now.

There are many alternative therapies that would work for a wide range of people. I would stick with your passion for now and see where your questions lead you. Then share that with us. Im sure it will be GRrrreat!

Me personally (sara) I feel that we could be onto something major with frequency healing. Using frequencies to balance the body and the bodies systems. Like with music. Or even more subtle frequencies that we cannot hear…

Loved the last 2 shows! (As usual) 🙂

Aloha guys~

C&S

31. Patty says:

Grounding!

32. Kristine says:

What great posts today. I agree with Anthony, if you could get Dr. Mercola, Dr. Cousens and Dr. Young it would be great. I read Dr. Mercola’s newsletter and it is interesting that he is becoming more and more of a raw food advocate while still trying to appeal to a mainstream audience.

33. Kristine says:

I want to add that I just checked my apartment for EMFs – Very interesting! Good news is that these old thick walls keep us well insulated from a lot of the wifi and stuff out there (literally), but my own wifi box is way toxic and was too close to us, so it is has been moved.

34. Quinny says:

My husband is a type 1 diabetic. He’s on the 80/10/10 diet. He is 42 years old. He rides his bike to work, does yoga after work, rides his bike home after yoga. Sometimes, he works until wee hours, and he’s still full of energy and never gets sick. Much much healthier than he was a cooked vegan. He loves his diet and look forward to every meal… plus his reduced his insulin intake by the third and have great digestion.

I am a firm believer of the 80/10/10 diet. It has cured my RA & CFS. I’m not athletic at all, I do exercise a few times a week, but I adjust my calorie intake according to how much exercise I do, so far it works just fine.

35. Quinny says:

Actually, regarding water fasting, usually it gets easier after the initial 2 days. Your body adapt to it and you’ll be able to do minor activities instead of bed ridden.

36. Vanessa says:

How about Theta Healing – I hear it’s amazing for people – would like to know more about this.

37. kate says:

I would like to learn more about Reiki, Deep Flow Massage, Bowen Therapy, and the Neuromodulation Technique (NMT). Thanks!!

38. Nicole says:

Thank you for answering my water fasting question! I notice some people commenting say the have lots of energy while water fasting, which is interesting, since any book I’ve read about it stresses one should do fasting under the care of a practioner or be “at rest” which I’m guessing doesn’t mean going to work, the gym, etc.

Therapies I’m interested in: Chinese medicine gua sha (scraping) and cupping. I think you did a video that showed cupping and how weird it looks, but having done both I wonder if it has a scientific basis to why it makes one feel better.

Also, what do you and Annemarie think of crystal therapy? I thought I saw annemarie wearing a green crystal necklace in a recent video. Cheers!

39. KAREN BEATTIE says:

STORIES THE FEET CAN TELL BY EUNICE D. INGHAM ABOUT ZONE THERAPY OR REFLEXOLOGY, ALSO THE MASEUR SANDLES MADE IN AUSTRALIA ARE WONDERFUL FOR FEELING HAPPY FEET! I USED TO GO TO WARNER HOT SPRINGS AND MURIETA HOT SPRINGS FOR THE TULI MUD BATHS AND THE MINERAL BATHS, BUT NOW THEY ARE EXPENSIVE. MURIETA USED TO GIVE THE FOOT THERAPY FOR $20.00. WARNER HOT SPRINGS POOL WOULD BRING DR. BRONNERS WITH HIS FREE SAMPLES OF THE CASTILE SOAP AND MINERAL CHIPS.

40. jackie says:

I also am interested in Energy Healing and Reiki!

41. Shelley says:

Light therapy = Ott lights and Dinshaw light therapy

42. Shelley says:

For light therapy see ‘Ott Lights’ and Dinshaw for color healing

43. Sharon says:

-biofeedback (use it)
    -light therapy (used light acupuncture until my device broke)
    -dolphin therapy (what a great business trip that would be!)—I’d like to learn more about how the dolphins heal with their “electrical charge” or whatever it is.
    -network chiropractic is fantastic
    -next time you’re in LA go to New Dawn Clinic and get a treatment for the atlas (wow!) which will fix it permanently unless you have a bad trauma. 3 years later my neck is still super-flexible from just one session. Pricey but worth it
    -I really like my inversion table but I guess the yoga swing might do the same thing

44. Cherie says:

Question: Aloe Vera, when you talk about eating it are you talking about any type of aloe vera plant? I have the aloe vera with short leaves but I have also seen the ones for sale that are very long. does it matter?

Thanks

45. Doug says:

How about far infrared sauna therapy or coffee enemas? Also, David Wolfe is going on quite a bit about grounding lately. Any thoughts?

46. Alina says:

What do you think of “Nourishing traditions” by Sally Fallon and Weston Price Fundation diet?

47. Susie says:

THE BEST Light therapy = the SUN!

48. Susie says:

I’d like to see a discussion between Sally Fallon and David Wolfe.