Raw Food Challenges with Dr. Alan Goldhamer : The Renegade Health Show Episode #556

Tuesday Apr 27 | BY |

Today is the last installment of Dr. Alan Goldhamer from the True North Health Center…

In this clip he talks about raw food challenges and pitfalls, why he’s vegan and why he feels there are different opinions in the health and raw food world.

Check it out…

Your question of the day: What do you want us to cover in the next month or so?

To find out more about the True North Health Center, please click here! http://www.healthpromoting.com

1. Alberto says:

Hi guys. Would you please cover these 2 topics: MMS by
    Jim humble, and a visit to the fields&facilities of
    sunwarrior, to see what we buy and eat.. Thanx you rock

2. Henrik says:

I already asked you a week ago. Don’t know if you didn’t read it or just decided that it wasn’t worth your time.
    But I know you have a lot of viewers in Europe, and I’m certain that a lot of them doesn’t know that the EU recently allowed GMO crops and that there’s also a petition going on to ban them again in wait for better research.

Please help promote this! https://secure.avaaz.org/en/eu_health_and_biodiversity/

3. Corina says:

There seems to be quite a lot of debate about fruit and the amount we should eat. Some people getting most of their calories from fruit and having some greens (811). Others stay away from it completely, or eat very little. You have probably talked about it in the past I have only been watching for a couple of months regularly. I would like some clarity, or at least some more opinions, and specifics. 811 promotes mostly fruit, but there seems that you guys do not, and many others do not. I would like to know why or why not? What are the negative aspects of getting most calories from fruit?

Thanks,
    <3 Corina

4. Coreen says:

Great interview!! I’ve been dreaming of going to True North since the first segment, and I am excitedly awaiting for ‘The Pleasure Trap’ to be delivered.

I would love to hear more about fasting! For those of us who can’t ditch our jobs and responsibilities for 5-40 days to go to True North, how can we safely fast at home? Ideally I would be at True North in a heartbeat, but I live in Winnipeg. Is it possible to explore the at-home fast a little?

5. Elena says:

Thanks so much for the 3 part interview with Dr. Goldhamer. I enjoyed his clarity and insights into the basics of true healing. He gives a great interview with the passion he has for spreading the word on health and healing.
    I Love the work they have been doing at this Center. I hope to see places like the True North Healing Center sprouting across the globe.

I would love to see more about this healing center, and more about fasting in general. I love interviews with alternative medical folks who take a balanced and simply elegant approach to health. More power to them and may the message spread like wlildfire.

I appreciate seeing interviews with people like Dr. Goldhamer. There is such a wealth of knowledgable people whose voices are not normally found in any mainstream media outlets.

I simply appreciate all the work both of you do in creating these videos and sharing such inspirational voices in the “natural” and “alternative” healing world. Thanks so much and blessings on all you do.

6. Ineke says:

Great interview Kevin. I’m not ready (yet) to do a water fast. But to me it is for sure that you would do such thing under supervision. Especially if you do it longer then a couple of days. Hippocrates promotes juice fasting ideally one day a week with lots of sprouts. I think one day I would like to do a juice feast (David Rainoshek’s program)

I have a question: A lot of us do not have enough hydrochloric acid in their stomach. Victoria Boutenko writes about it as well in her book “Green for life” I heard of 2 ways you could deal with it. 1 Taking Hydrochloric acid tablets. 2. Drinking aloe vera juice. It is said that aloe vera juice helps the stomach to make hydrochloric acid. What is you opinion on this ? Thanks Kevin

7. Jozzar says:

I would guess his age to be somewhere around 55 to 60 years old. Very smart and you can tell he has a lot of experience with the information he is sharing!

8. Nick says:

“We don’t advocate raw for everyone…usually too much sugar & fats”, I paraphrase. This is why to center one’s diet in greeens. Under maybe signature theory, let’s relate the colors of food to the colors of the rainbow within each of us. Yeah, I’m meaning the kundalini, chakra system, going way back in Indian Hinduism, Buddhism, Ayurvedic (Traditional Indian Medicine). OK, the head imbedded into the sky when us bipedal folks stand up, is BLUE. The belly, like the Chinese view of Yellow Earth–those lower chakras are grouped around YELLOW. Then the color of the heart chakra is not red nor pink, but IS GREEN. Yellow & blue are primary colors togther forming green. There are 3 chakras above the heart and 3 below, so heart is the centre & i sure hope by now you’re all getting my point.

Don Tolman doesn’t talk like this. Not that I’ve heard, anyways. Really I’ve only listened to a few of his vids on youtube. But as strange of a fellow as he is, he’s actually novel & sensible, his info, his take is well researched, can be funny & fresh as his POV. Please interview him, ta.

9. Jo says:

I think he’s 18,966 days old.

10. Dana says:

I’m still new and trying to phase in as much raw as possible, but I still enjoy warm meals. Can you explain how/if raw food can be enjoyed warm?
    Thanks!

11. Sandy says:

I would like to know if fasting should be contraindicated for people with adrenal fatigue and insufficiency. I’d also just like more about healing adrenals.

I would also like to know if we should have heard by now about our application for the 30 day transformation.

Thanks. Hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip.

12. Robin says:

Good interview, and your nephew is ADORABLE!!!!! Seriously, he is the cutest kid I’ve ever seen!

I’d like info on the best, safest way to fast. And how long to do it, and how often… I’m scared of slowing down my metabolism!!

13. Jackie says:

I would like to see segments on mushrooms – how to cultivate, where to pick them, how to learn to find them, what they do, what they’re good for and the research involving curing “incurable” diseases.
    I LOVED these segments with Dr. Goldhamer. Great information. Many thanks.

14. steve says:

Great interview. I think he makes a lot of sense. I would love to learn about reversing osteoporosis.

15. I would like to know what you think about the 80-10-10 diet and fruitarianism. I have been reading Dr. Graham’s book and watched a lot of videos by Mike Arnstein who is an amazing athlete who embraces fruitarianism. I would like to improve my health and athletic performance and am trying to incorporate more fruits in my diet, but I am not sure that eating 80-10-10 or almost completely fruit is the best diet for anyone, despite the “evidence” provided by Dr. Graham and people like Mike Arnstein and the folks at “30 Bananas A Day”. I have been slowly gaining weight (and inches around my hips/thighs) while I’ve been raw and would like to lose weight, even though I am athletic (I workout/run every day) and eat almost 100% raw. Please shed more light on this. Thanks c:

16. Diane says:

On water fasting: God’s Design for our bodies (including water fasting) is truly amazing. But after all, it is God who created us and designed our bodies to be healed by Him…. one way is by fasting. “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen … your healing will quickly appear…” from Isaiah 58:

Isa 58:6-14
    6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?
    7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter– when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
    8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.
    9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. “If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
    10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday.
    11 The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.
    12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.
    13 “If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath and from doing as you please on my holy day, if you call the Sabbath a delight and the LORD’s holy day honorable, and if you honor it by not going your own way and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,
    14 then you will find your joy in the LORD, and I will cause you to ride on the heights of the land and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.” The mouth of the LORD has spoken.
    (NIV)

17. Phyllis says:

Fantastic interview! I learned a lot….one of the most important things that I received from the doctor….moderation and not being a fanatic! I have been preparing myself for more of a Raw Foods diet or shall I say lifestyle….however, I really miss warm cereals. But, I am not giving up…I will it one step at a time.

thanks again & enjoy your trip!

18. April says:

I have been working with a TCM for some months now to help with my autoimmune issues and GERD problems. Would fasting be something that I should try? I don’t feel as though I am improving much. Thanks for all you do.

19. Kathy says:

I’d like to see more about sprouting.
    Also, I’m wondering if you’ve done shows on the link between raw foods and chronic urticaria (hives) and/or between raw foods and Alzheimer prevention.
    Thanks, I’m a newbie to your site but I think it’s great and I’m learning a lot.

20. Maia says:

Wow, what a great interview series! You rock for getting such amazing information out into the world to help people heal and thrive. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time on your journey. ENJOY!

Maia

PS And for Lyle, I think the Dr is 8 years older than he looks!

21. Dorothy says:

I would love to see a series of shows on wild edible food foraging. You had a show a while back and it was super – MORE PLEASE!

22. Schaunne says:

Dr Goldhamer rattled off (in part 3) a list of what not to eat. I’m not able to figure out exactly what he is saying… “meat, fish, foul, …. dairy products…. salt, sugar”. Thanks for help

23. Karin says:

Hi Kevin,
    I’d like you to cover if soy (whether soy beans or tofu) should be fed to children on a vegetarian diet, providing it is not genetically modified. I’m confused as to whether soy affects hormones and maybe should not be given to growing children. It seems so many vegetarian recipes call for tofu or soy in the recipe.

24. Lorien says:

Loved these interviews. I am I think, 95% raw at this point, the 5% cooked being vegetabales. I’d love to try some of the raw delights I hear about but don’t even have a blender at this point that will make a smoothie so it’s just basic simple food, salads, a few nuts & seeds and some fruit for me. I do put some super food powders like camu, cacoa and maca in a morning lemon water drink I make.

I’d be interested in hearing more about oil. I use olive oil and lemon juice instead of salad dressing: this fellow seemed to be anti-oil. I did enjoy his comments on how long folks have been eating cooked foods. I have long felt that we make it much to complicated. Oil is probably the last of the “does not appear in nature” things that I eat. Camu berries appear in nature. If I didn’t have a grinder I could use a rock. I have no problem with camu powder. If I smash an olive with a rock, I’m not going to get oil I can use on my salad. I’ll just get a smashed olive. Or olive powder I can put in a smoothie.

I don’t drink fruit juice because I would not be able to sit and eat 10 oranges and a glass of OJ is the juice/sugar of those 10 oranges w/o the fiber. Not sure if the same idea holds for vege’s as there is not a lot of sugar in vege’s. But when it comes to oil, could you sit and eat as many olives as it takes to extract the amount of oil I use on a salad? You are getting the fat w/o the fiber. Does it matter?

I’d also be interested in more talks about whole grains and rice. I used to eat a whole grain hot ceral I soaked overnight and cooked up in the morning. My husband actually still does. I also used to make soups from vege’s and beans. That was the extent of my cooked foods before I went raw. But cutting out those two things enabled me to loose 25 pounds over three months. And I added in an avocado and about half a tablespoon of honey each day. I don’t know that you could eat grains raw without more equipment then I’ve got but equipment is on the list. I rather like the idea of a smoothie or a raw food pizza.

25. Kelly says:

I would love to see a cooked recipe..maybe millet, potatoes, or teff. Also, do potatoes have gmo’s?

Great interview!

26. Leam says:

Great series of interviews!!!
    Whatever you come up with for future shows will be appreciated and enjoyed. Thank you.

27. chuck says:

This guy (Goldhamer) sounds like he has a sense of humor and seems to be an intelligent sort.

28. imlivingandlearning says:

THANK YOU, K&AM for the WONDERFUL exposure you provide us that allows us the opportunity to follow your SPOKEN as well as DEMONSTRATED admonition to “BE OUR OWN HEALTH GURU!” You provide input from a WIDE range of “experts” and by doing that we absolutely must TAKE and then EXCLUDE (by trial and error) what we determine to be suitable for each of us INDIVIDUALLY.

Your BEAUTIFUL, non-judgmental, sooooo NOT dogmatic, LOVING approach to helping others achieve “Better Health One Show At A Time” is without a doubt the MOST appealing, attractive, inviting recommendation I have seen to date inside this “movement/circle.”

I am really in awe of how you keep your amazingly intense PASSION for helping all people achieve the highest level of health possible without EVER disrespecting the reality that different opinions exist on how to get there. That is REALLY beautiful, Kevin. You are a great teacher who has not lost the great & very desirable personality trait of humility. If we learn NOTHING else from you, I hope we will keep that lesson. I am reminded every time I watch The Renegade Health Show! You RAWK! Thank you, very, very much! 🙂

29. Mark Brend says:

Hi guys,

Love the show and information…
    I would be interested in knowing:-
    If you were diagnosed with cancer What systems / protocols would you put in place to give your self the best chance of curing yourself? (please be very specific)
    Also
    If you were diagnosed with heart disease what systems / protocols would you put in place to give your self the best chance of curing yourself? (please be very specific)
    The reason I ask this is that almost everyone we know will die from one of these things (not with standing accidents) and it is very hard to get a definitive answer. I realise that the information you give is not medical advice; However, I am sure many people would appreciate a solid starting point.
    Many thanks
    Keep up the good work
    Mark

30. imlivingandlearning says:

Help! Transcription Needed!

@ 1:50

“human beings have used heat to process food for over 500,000 years which is longer than we’ve been humans _____________…” ?????? PLEASE transcribe what he REALLY said.

Thanks

31. imlivingandlearning says:

Kevin, please pass this on to Dr. G:

Dr. G,

Please SLOW DOWN, BREATHE and enunciate when you speak. We want to understand what you are saying.

32. This guy makes a lot of sense, I’ve really enjoyed his interviews.

I think he’s probably older than he looks … are you going to tell us how old he is?

33. imlivingandlearning says:

CUTE, CUTE, CUTE and MORE CUTE little helper today. LOVE the family involvement.

You were a Really good interviewer, Kevin. REALLY good!

34. sharon says:

OMG, Dr. Goldhamer is fantastic. I loved this series of interviews with him. He’s so knowledgeable, intelligent, and yet not too serious and dogmatic. I love that he is SO in tune with the individual differences in each person.

I started out watching this in a defensive mode because I’ve long ago decided that I could never do a fast of any kind. I have a fast metabolism, eat huge quantities of food, yet am way underweight. It was interesting that he said the amount of raw fruits and vegetables one could eat in a day usually amounts to only 900 calories.

So, I am always trying to figure what I can put with the fruits and veggies that will help with caloric intake. Too many nuts, seeds, avocados, etc are not the answer, and I liked that he advocated cooked whole grains and starchy vegetables for calories. I’ve always liked grains and had mostly cut them out of my diet when attempting to go all raw.

So, doing a show on whole grains might be interesting.

He (and lots of people) are against oils and I understand why (it’s not something that you find in nature). So, I guess I should throw out my flax and hemp oils and just grind flax and hemp seed for the omega 3s….just doesn’t seem to be enough.

Thanks for Renegade Health….it’s the best!

35. Veronika says:

More from Dr. Goldhamer would be great, and I’d also love more videos on wild edible food foraging, permaculture, gardening, etc.

Also, a few people asked a question a while back about citrus, namely lemon & lime, and whether they cause minerals to leech. I think it was calcium. How true is this, and should we limit the amount of lemon we eat? I use a ton in my green smoothies everyday.

36. Sue says:

Dr. Goldhamer is very information and down to earth. Loved the interview videos.

I would like more information on wild edible food foraging. My husband and I just picked wild asparagus along one of our local bike trails–it was delicious! On May 1st we’ll be joining a group and learning how to forage for morel mushrooms–can’t wait. I have also picked & eaten lambs quarters, purslane and dandelein but I would love to know more.

Your show is the best!!

37. Carol says:

These interviews were great. I love your show. I’d like to see more information on fasting.

38. JulieD says:

Any information on foods that help with the joint pain of arthritis!

39. rainbow says:

when i first became vegan (my new year’s resolution for 1987) i ate a lot of starchy veggies, and that works fairly well for me, so i was appreciative to hear him speak about them as he did. good interview, all 3 days. thanks.

as for what’s up next, how about a series on where to find good organic foods (especially in out of the way places), vegan organic restaurants, farmer’s markets, and more interviews with inspiring and thought-provoking folks.

thanks to both of you kev and am for all you do. i am grateful for the ongoing contributions you both make.

love, peace, joy, and gratitude for ALL life!

40. Barbara says:

Water! (we have our own well water, tested and they said it was good, but high in lime content) What water is the best?? What do you look for in a water test result? And….What, where and how do you get: Restructured, ionized, alkaline, antioxidant water????
    Keep up the great work you two! And hope you have a great time on your trip! hugs….

41. bethany says:

I agree with livingandlearning’s post #21 and all the kind words expressed about K.&AM. and their show.
    I would also like to see more about wild edible foraging and learn more about fasting.

I’ve read or heard somewhere that there aren’t any nutrients in fruit that we can’t also get eating a variety of vegetables, so most fruit (sweet fruit) is not really needed.
    I would like to hear anyone’s opinion on this.

I am on a strict candida diet right now, so I don’t eat any fruit except avocados sparingly.
    I also cut out all grains and legumes except sprouted lentils and I don’t eat tomatoes or citrus because of food allergies due to leaky gut.
    I often feel better not eating at all because of these serious health issues, so fasting is very attractive to me.

I often go back here the following day and read all the comments posted because I’m so interested in learning from everyone. Thank you for the shows.
    As a true cat lover, I would also like to see a little more of Johnny 5 please! Thank you!!

42. bianka says:

I’m just going to start by saying that I am a first time viewer and trying to switch to a raw foods diet but wanting solid info before I start. All I have to say is WOW. I’ve been searching the web and researching raw foods for a couple weeks now and your site is absolutely amazing. The amount and quality of the information you provide has been so helpful and your shows are so entertaining. All I want to say is thank you and you have truly inspired me to go into this full force.

43. jackie says:

Enjoyed the show, however, missed parts since the Dr. tends to talk a little fast and doesn’t always enunciate his words.

44. Satori says:

In the first video, I thought he’s like 45, but now I have no doubt that he is at least 150 years old. Otherwise, how can a guy have this much knowledge and experience? Well-done.

45. Sharon says:

Great interview series. This episode really made a lot of sense to me.

How about some interviews about light therapy? Light is a nutrient, not just food!

46. Helena says:

Great Show! Our bodies are 75 percent water, we need it and it is so important for us but I dont trust my tap water. I use a filter on my faucet but am still concerned about it being safe to drink. I would like to see a show on which water is best to drink like ionized, alkaline, distilled etc. Thank You

47. Diana says:

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME interview!! 🙂 It was so relieving to watch this interview series and I thank you so much for them.

I have been vegan for a little over three years now and get questioned and harassed over it CONSTANTLY. I am not a nutritionist but I have seen a couple and I do a lot of reading and research on my own. Despite what I read and discover, it seems the people that surround me are always aiming to contradict everything I say. One fact that they cannot argue is my state of health. I am always full of energy, smiles, and go for one hour to two hours runs regularly.

Even though I am confident in my physical abilities and how I feel, I can’t help but worry that maybe I am not getting everything I need from my diet. My main concerns are complete protein, B12, and Iron. I have been low in iron in the past. I took a liquid supplement and that definitely helped.

My question is, Can I get enough complete proteins, iron, and B12 from a mainly vegetable and fruit diet?

Thanks 🙂

-Diana

48. Dawni says:

Hi All…

I found Dr. Goldman to be wise, open, and beautifully grounded. He is fully engaged and that is inspiring.

I have placed NORTHSTAR on my list for a stay.

I am experimenting with mostly raw food choices, along with nutrients from direct contact with the earth, sun, and fresh air. I am vegan and am still experimenting with find the most useful 20% or less cooked foods that will remain in my life.

Quantities are challenging. There are days that after a big salad in the afternoon that I get tired as if I’ve eaten a simple carb lunch with lots of fats/sugars.

So lots of experimenting going on in my life.

Several folks asked for shows on foraging for wild edibles. I am lending my voice to that choir — I’d love to learn more.

Appreciating you and the show…

Dawni

49. Jasmine says:

he’s 58 but he looks 35

50. Brent says:

I guess he’s late 40’s being that hes a health advisor, wouldnt suprise me if he’s found the fountain of youth.

51. Ellen from Davis says:

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for interviewing Dr. Goldhamer. Great show!

In the near future, I would love to see an episode addressing adrenal fatigue (including your own input about your experience of it). What dietary, supplement and/or lifestyle approaches do you recommend for it? Also, how long does it take to resolve (to have enough energy to get through the whole day)?

Thanks for everything you do!

Ellen

52. Michael T. says:

Regarding Corina’s question about fruit, the problem with eating too much fruit is that fruits are at least 50 percent fructose, and the rest is glucose. Our bodies burn glucose for energy, but we can’t burn fructose, so it gets turned into fat. The more fruit you eat, the more fructose is turned into fat by the liver. Too much fruit consumption can lead to high triglyceride levels and weight gain.

There are other problems caused by excess fructose consumption, such as high levels of uric acid, which can cause gout. See Mercola’s website for some shocking information about the hazards of too much fructose. He says consuming too much fructose has a similar effect on the body as drinking alcohol.

The benefit of eating grain is that grain does not contain fructose, just glucose in long chains of starch. As your body breaks down this starch, you get a rise in blood sugar. If the grain is refined, as in white flour, your blood sugar can rise too quickly, which is harmful. But if it is whole grain with lots of fiber, such as oatmeal, the starch is broken down more slowly. I often start my day with oatmeal, blueberries, raw cacao and nuts, and I can live on that for about six hours before I am hungry.

Dr. G is right that you won’t get enough calories if you try to live on just fruit and veggies. Many raw vegans are getting too skinny from being chronically under-nourished. They fill up their bellies, but they are not getting enough calories, and they often suffer poor health.

Especially for those of us who do hard labor such as farm work, we need those calories. It would be nearly impossible for me to get the 3,000 or more calories I need in a day just from fruits and veggies. I need some concentrated sources of calories. I enjoy grains, avocados, coconuts, eggs and fish, along with fruits and veggies.

Regarding Bethany’s question about sweet fruit, yes, a variety of vegetables will provide all the nutrients in fruit, so fruit is not needed except as a calorie source, and as a source of pleasure, as they are delicious and taste much better than vegetables!

Also Bethany, please be careful about these extreme anti-candida diets. I’ve heard of people doing these strict diets for six months or longer, and they still had candida. The whole concept of trying to starve out candida does not make sense to me, because our bodies must maintain a certain degree of blood sugar in order to survive, and the when the candida is well established it can feed off of our own blood sugar.

Even if you eat no sugar or starch, your body will take whatever you do eat and turn it into sugar, so there will always be some sugar in your blood, no matter what you eat.

More important than avoiding sugar, I think, is to take beneficial probiotics with every meal. I think you can still have some sweet fruit, just take Green Vibrance or some other product that has probiotics at the same time. That will prevent the yeast from feeding on the fruit sugar.

The key thing to remember is that you need to keep your immune system strong in order to eliminate candida or other pathogens. And your immune system needs energy, which means calories. If you are starving yourself by eating vegetables only, how is your immune system going to have enough energy to do its job?

Please, people, eat. Eat more, nourish yourselves. Fasting and cleansing are fine for a little while, but then go back to eating abundantly. Eat what your body feels drawn to. Listen to your body’s cravings. If it’s a whole food and you are wanting it, you probably need it.

Michael T.

53. Great interview.
    I would like two things:
    Adrenal fatigue: what is it, how do you know, what to do.
    Retreats like Northstar. Where are they? I have done searches and found some, but then these others keep appearing. Hallelujah Acres is in NC. Hippocrates is in FL. There is something in AZ and of course CA. Are there others? I would like to do something this summer.

54. Sarah says:

Thank you Micheal T….. I always enjoy reading your comments… very insightful. 🙂 And Thanks to Kevin and AnnMarie for a great 3 part series. I loved all three and the diversity that these episodes brought to the show.

55. Dianne says:

Fantastic interviews with Dr. Goldhamer. I’m into “balance”. 🙂

As the summer is quickly arriving, how about a show about the sun – skin care, sunscreens, skin cancer, sunburns, how much sunlight we need, etc.

Again, fantastic interviews, LUV this show. 🙂

Dianne

56. Oksanka says:

I’d like to hear about Victoriya Boutenko. It would be so nice to hear the interview with her. What are her experiences and conclusions so far?

57. Siobhán (Ireland) says:

Would love if you could go through a weeks eating plan sometime as i am fairly new to this idea of raw/living foods (just as an example of what yourself and annemarie eat on a fairly typical week,if there is such a thing.)We have just started up a raw food support group where i live and we are hungry for information and want to do it right and make it fun as well.
    keep up the good work

58. Kris says:

Outstanding interview! Thanks so much.

59. Elaina Harman says:

I would like to join in with the others that asked for foraging, permaculture and water info.
    Thanks for all that you do.
    Elaina

60. Chris & Sara says:

Great final interview w Dr. G. Wish there were more. Fun to listen to.

There is still one thing we dont understand…

How people can be so negative and complaining to you after all that you do! Man people take more responsibility for yourselves. If you cant hear, turn up the volume, get head phones, or play it back. I dont expect kevin to do transcripts, redo his volume editing, talk lower, etc.
    Kevin/AM you guys do an excellent job of sharing the info and educating us. Keep it up just as you do.
    Thank god for Dawni, Michael T, Dr. G and others for being so realistic and warm hearted. We love the community here.
    Hope you guys are having a blast in Costa Rica!!!!! We are sooo happy for you. You totally deserve it!
    Aloha~
    C&S

61. Sheryl says:

I would love for you to show ideas on concerning purified water to bath in, wash dishes etc while traveling. Do you have a water purfier in your RV???? When I travel I take my show filter head (a wrench) – My water purifier for my sink, and my crystal Ball for the washing machine – everywhere unless of course I am going to be staying at an Eco- Friendly accomodation. We absorb alot of water while showering, bathing or swimming. I also only swim in a chlorine free pool. Pure Water is the #1 priority for me when traveling.

62. Cyd says:

Glad to hear a moderate tone to the advice. My doctor has advised me that my system would not tolerate 100% raw and steamed veggies are the way to go.

Can you do a segment on water kefir? I just received some “grains” and am trying it out. Like milk kefir the bacteria eat the sugars and produce good probotics . It is a slightly fizzy and tangy drink and you can flavor it with fruit, ginger, etc. Tasty.

63. Melanie says:

I always love to see Dr. Goldhamer speaking.
    Loved his PLEASURETRAP and would be on-the-plane tomorrow if I had the funds. 🙂
    As for next interviews: Could you try to get Dr. Tomas Lodi on the show?
    And maybe someone from the CHI Creative Health Institute?

64. john says:

hello

65. Michael says:

Hi!

Great interview!!!
    Would like to see more from Dr. Goldhamer as he seems very balanced and open minded to whatever works for the individual.
    Also other alternativ doctors who have a balanced approached would be great to have them in an interview.
    I personally think that dr. Jack Tipps is one of the best ones out there. Maybe you could get him for an interview?

have a wonderful time
    Michael

66. Ann says:

Love your program. Thank you so much for the 3 part interview with Dr. Goldhamer. I am inspired by him and grateful for the fact that they are teaching more doctors at their clinic. I try to remember each day the incredible impact positive that one person can have to change the world…and God knows we need change in the way that we have been dealing with food, farming, illness, healing, medicine, drugs, information, and economic decisions both on the national as well as the individual level. Please keep up the great work. Your program has introduced me to so many beautiful people that are doing important work and having a positive impact on our world. I find the positive, optimistic, loving messages from your interviewees to be truly life-giving. So glad that Kevin is getting a chance to Reboot in Costa Rica! Remember the fact that you have to put the mask around your own face before you can help those around you! Best, Ann

67. Jan says:

I would like to learn about brain trauma and cognitive issues and which herbs, foods, and other things can help. Soldiers with brain injuries trying to reenter the community maybe we all could learn how to help them out. Maybe book recommendations on this subject.
    I enjoy the show and glad to get any information you provide.
    Thanks for hard work

68. Jan says:

I would like to learn about brain trauma or cognitive issues and which herbs, foods, and other things can help. Soldiers with brain injuries trying to reenter the community maybe we all could learn how to help them out. Maybe book recommendations on this subject.
    I enjoy the show and glad to get any information you provide.
    Thanks for all your hard work.

69. Kali Lilla says:

I would love to hear your comments on “The Vegetarian Myth” book or interview Lierre Keith. I want to get to the truth. What is the best diet for humans and the planet?

70. Casey Inman says:

Kevin- Do calories matter? Some people say they do and some people say they don’t. I personally didn’t count calories for awhile and I felt alot better. I had alot more energy and could think more clearly,however, I lost weight fast for obvious reasons. I used to weigh 190 now i weight about 130-140 and I still have a little fat on my stomach. I am 5′ 9″. Is this a normal weight for someone my size?