Thinking About Changing Your Diet (Watch This) : The Renegade Health Show Episode #549

Friday Apr 16 | BY |

I focus a lot on what language I use when I speak…

Of course, sometimes I don’t have a censor, but most of the time, I’m conscious about what I say (particularly to myself.)

Many people I’ve encountered who aren’t successful with their raw food diet (any diet) and health plan are doing what I talk about in this episode. Are you?

Ann and I have some announcements to start the show with, then we get on to the topic.

Your question of the day: Any ideas for the goat head?

Check out one of the best raw food recipe books we’ve come across in years! Click here!

1. Shelby says:

No brilliant ideas for the goat head but…. I am currently on day 4 of the Raw Food Challenge, and LOVING IT!

I am hosting a raw vegan Cleansing Retreat Weekend up here in Ontario at the end of the month and will absolutely be promoting your book/program to our participants.

Keep up the great work!

2. Joel Brown says:

You could have your interviewees speak to the goat head with your voice behind it.
    When you address someone’s question, you could ask it to the goat head, and then translate its silence to the audience.
    You could have the goat head sit in between you two when you are talking to the camera.
    You could have the goat head watch over your kitchen from on high when you do recipe segments.
    You could put it in a garden.

3. Sue Rushford says:

Maybe you could grow chia seeds on it like in those old cha-cha-cha-chia pet commercials. If not, then “accidentally” drop something on it so it breaks so you have not choice but to toss it. If you keep it, that is your first step to being featured on Hoarders – take it from a recovering hoarder!

4. marillyn says:

I would get one of those antique/ marble-looking paints and make that goat head look like a sculptor in Florence did it – then hang it in a spot with lots of plants around it…
    European style feeling
    (from an east coaster..)
    Marillyn

5. esther says:

If it’s made of ceramic, turn it into a planter! Either bottom or top! It needs some green!

6. Heather says:

I would love it if you donated the goats head or made it invisible. Perhaps, if it is foam, you could recarve it into the likeness of something more pleasing to my chotsky sensibilities…hmmm…oh well, nevermind! LMHO

7. Absolutely the way we talk to ourselves is important … I say “I will” rather than “I want” (which means whatever I’m referring to is something I lack).

8. John Call says:

The goats head should be the head piece for your R.V.!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Susan Bessette says:

Here I am one of the early responders, and I have nothing profound to say.
    For the goat head, I like Marilyn #4 idea. It should go in your garden.
    You are right about the power of words. If you are truly determined to accomplish something, you will talk like it, and then actually DO IT.

10. Debbie says:

So true, what you speak about you bring about, positive or negitive.

11. mkgundy says:

well guys its actually a RAM which is way different from a goat lol

more mighty, you know.

12. Doug says:

Strap the goat head to the front of the RV like the figureheads put on the front of ships!

13. lovola says:

Awesome >>>the power of words!!!!

14. Steph says:

Put it on the front of the RV!

15. Throw it away. It is so ugly. lol

16. Elaine says:

The first glimpse of it made me think instantly of a chia pet also, but it definitely must be kept out of sight!

17. john says:

Trash the goat head.

18. amy says:

Wonderful and weird goat head! You gotta take him with you on your travels. Really LOVE your show, too! I totally envy what you two are doing and would love to drop everything to do the same or something similar.

Have you ever discussed the benefits of oil of oregano? I’m interested to know if it conflicts with the probiotics and such.

Keep smiling those great smiles!
    Amy

19. Great show!
    I suppose the RHS does need a mascot.
    Thanks!

20. Sharon says:

I guess Annmarie wasn’t kidding about Kevin liking goats but that thing is just too bizarre. Now that’s it’s been on film there’s no need to keep it is there? That thing could traumatize a small child for the rest of their life. Funny show today and YES, standing is so much better for energy! Looking forward to the reality shows!

21. Kuru says:

I think the goat head’s a keeper. I like Joel’s idea to have it watch over you on high while you do recipes, etc. You could call him/her “Inspiration.” Keep philosophizing, Kevin. I need the Inspiration. How about an exercise vid sometime soon? More core awareness would be great.

22. RJ says:

Please KEEP the goat head or have a “give-away” contest to keep it away from the landfills. Styrofoam takes years to break down…

The Rolling Stones came out with a fantastic album, years ago, named “Goats Head Soup”
    never tasted it, but it sure sounds fine!…

Maybe you and Annmarie could let the goat head dance to it’s namesake…? 🙂

23. Sue says:

How about a hood ornament?

24. Iva says:

Watch out with the goat!
    In mythology, the goat is a dualistic animal. Male goats are negatively linked with dangerous or uncontrolled sexual lust, while female goats appear as mother figures. In Greek mythology, Zeus* was nursed as a baby by a she-goat. Goat images in mythology are often associated with sexuality and fertility.

25. Carol says:

Kev and /AnneMarie,’
    you could send him off as a ” where’s waldo’ kind
    of guy. Your friends and our family could take him and show him the sites and then take photos and give him a good time,then when the phone rigs that person holding on to him then sends him to next person on the list, a planned list or not.
    He always gets packed nicely and a new town sticker goes on the box. Lest see how far he gets.

26. Eiki says:

I’d just dust it and hang it up in your office or living room. that head is awesome!

27. Sandi Seegert says:

Okay, I love the goat head…it’s a keeper! I like the idea of putting in on the front of the RV. Have a great weekend!

28. I love the goat head. Reminds me of the great god Pan

29. naomi says:

hang it from the front of the RV, you’ll get plenty of waves, everyone will know it’s the Gianni’s!!

30. Nicole says:

Isn’t it actually a bighorn sheep? Sorry, I sort of fixated on that one point throughout the video! Either way, I love some of the ideas people suggested, especially hood ornament for the Kale Whale:-)

31. Melissa Machado says:

OMG! Please! Before you anything with the goat…

WASH IT!

It was in the men’s room for how long??? EW!!!

I am in total agreement with Kevin about the “I am changing” menatality.

I am going to focus on telling myself that I enjoy cooking for myself instead of letting someone else have that important responsibility. It is one thing to let someone else clean your house, or fill up your car with gas. But it is a completely other thing to expect someone to make your food for you or raise your children for you. These tasks are too important to leave to somone else. I will work on this new belief. Thanks for the insight, Kev!

(Promise me you’ll wash the goat!)

Love,
    Melissa

32. Deborah Gordon says:

Wait for garbage day……………. then run outside and throw it in the back of the truck. lol

33. Rev John says:

My wife has what she calls her pet cemetary under a junifer tree in the yard. That’s where she puts all of her chipped animal figurines, so she doesn’t have to just throw them away. The goat would look good out next to the full size ceramic sea turtle:) You might hide him in the background during your videos and give a small prize to who ever spots him first? Just a thought—Rev John

34. Sue says:

I agree with those who say to mount it on the front of the Kale Whale. Only I think you should paint it silver (or gold) so it shows up better and puts off a nice glow when hit by sunlight.

35. Janet says:

you could make the goat head a planter or put some muslin on it and make it like a chia pet LOL!

36. Jane says:

How about an interview with Dr Russell Blaylock?
    I vote for goat on hood.

37. John says:

haha lolz, i love when you guys are giddy! makes me giddy! urmmm, i think you guys should put it on the top of your car so people car be like “hey, there go the raw foodies1”

38. melissa says:

put some carpet on it and turn it into a cat scratcher for Johnny 5!

39. thunderrebel says:

Simple……………hollow it out………..Wear it. It could be the guard goat for the kale whale? OR…………..Take it to an ayuahasca ceramony? lol

40. mark e says:

GOAT: Get Over (it) And Trash (it)

41. Connie says:

Send me the head. I’m a mosaic artist and decorative (faux) painter. I can turn it into a beautiful piece of art. You can then use any of the great ideas that have been posted; wall art, planter, hood ornament, I could even do a faux chia pet finish on it but from an artistic point of view..eww, lol.

42. Faith says:

I was thinking chia pet goat until I read the other posts….mascot is a fun idea…then you would need to get a caricature drawn up like yours. Painting it silver is also a beautiful idea if you don’t use it for chia seeds. It is a perfect symbol of Spring at The Renegade Health Show.

43. Candice says:

Love your energy, guys! You’re right about the focus on change. I thought I was super flexible and willing to change/grow, until my amazing boyfriend came along and challenged me to change some things. I realized I still had some growing up to do! We butt heads over it, but we hung in there, and change we did–including to a High Raw eating-style.

The goat head’s kinda scary!

44. Jana says:

I think it should be given as the goat head award to someone who’s too stubborn for their own good.

45. Heather says:

Lol the goat head is funny, ugly but funny. Take a picture to remember it by and then dump it.

46. Amy-Marie Wiechert says:

You guys are always so inspiring! But the “goat head” I believe is actually a “ram head”. Know any Aries people? I think it would look good in a garden filled with other astrological images and their signature herbs. Or, you could mount it on the front of the camper, Hah!

47. Jan says:

The goat head is a ram which is a male sheep. My high school mascot was a ram. Trust me this is an ugly ram not a goat.

48. Dorothy says:

I love the idea of mounting it on the RV! As always, great show but we need to see and hear more of Jonny 5. You guys rawk!

49. PE says:

There’s a Sacramento garden with a goddess head, that would welcome any symbol of Pan Faunus. Let nature decorate it.

50. Jackie says:

Yes, paint it. Make it look marble. It is the symbol for the sign of Capricorn, if that is yours or Maria’s sign then you need the symbol of the other person, too. Goats are grounded and earthy. You could hang it on the wall to remind yourself to stay grounded.

51. Robs says:

The creature is dead! Now bury it!

52. Christy says:

Hello Kevin and AnnMarie!

I have nothing much to say except that the ram’s head from the men’s restroom was unbelievable to say the least.(unbelievable, not in a good way). I thoroughly needed a good laugh at all the comments about what you should do with it. I agreed with everyone’s idea. I love animals and statuary and garden ornamentaion etc. but that ram’s head did’nt give me any good vibes. I’ll be glad to hear what you do with it. Sounds like you both like it and want to keep it, AnnMarie even said she had an idea for it.

By for now and glad to hear that you got over 300 responses from your “Where are you” plea!

Christy

53. Rhonda D says:

The Goat too funny,
    Mount it on front of the kale whale or hange it in one of the window of the RV.

Love your show
    have a great weekend.

54. Jasmine says:

Put the goat head on the front of the KALE WHALE!!! yea~!

55. nancy says:

What ever you do with The Goat Head…make sure it will not traumitise Johnny 5!!!!

56. anjhai says:

I also thought of attaching the goat head to the front of the RV, like a pirate ship lady.

57. Deejoe says:

Take a picture of it. Put the picture with the rest of your fondest memories and keepsakes and then throw that thing away!!!

58. Jo Smith says:

I think you should paint the goathead so it looks like marble and stick it over the toilet in the Kale Whale. I was going to vote for hood ornament for the Kale Whale, but you’d have to cover it with something that would protect it from the harsh outdoor weather and going 60+ MPH and that might be a tall order.

As far as “trying,” I have to say I had all the concerns of the girl you were talking about who was contemplating going raw. I chose to just go ahead and do it though. I’ve caused myself so many physical problems both my chiropractor and my mother want me off this diet ASAP. So, my own personal, uneducated opinion is if you’re going on a raw diet and you’re someone who either buys prepared foods or throws something in the microwave to feed themselves, be sure to do some research first. During the first month I spent what seemed like every second of every day preparing meals.

All things aside, I went off the diet today to prepare my stomach for the trip. It takes exactly 2 hours for reflux that you’ve gotten rid of with a raw food diet to come back. I’m just hoping I won’t have people trying to force white flour and sugar down my throat the entire time I’m there. Of all the things I gave up for the diet, they were the most offensive.

59. Debbie says:

The first thing you need to do with the Ram’s head is STERILIZE IT! From a men’s bathroom? You can mount it on the top of a totem pole type thing that you make with your own personal symbols, and definitely paint it.

Onto the topic of changing yourself. You had it right on! When you want to change something in your life, you need to make a conscious decision of what you want, and only then will things start to come your way that will give you tools and opportunities to make that change. Things will fall into place to for you to be able to make the change you want.

Kevin and Annemarie, I think you are both awesome people and are a true Blessing to this world! Thanks for all that you do and keep on keeping on!

God Bless!

60. Kaye says:

I’m an Aries you guys and that looks like a ram to me? But hey, I’m no “ram expert”!

61. Matt says:

Kevin and Ann Marie, You kick butt. And dang I love your taking action approach. I have soooo made some wishy washy type comments recently. It’s time to turn those into “I can” and “I will” statements.

62. Sara says:

You should have one of the 30DayChallage people paint the goat head after they’ve healed and become well – reflecting how AMAZING he/she feels. Then you should put it on the front of your RV as a trophy and reminder of the good that’s been done.

Regarding reality TV – there’s a show called “Starting Over” that my mom used to love. It’s the most wonderful wholesome thing reality TV has ever done. It’s all about emotional healing – and it’s done SO tastefully and doesn’t capitalize on anyone’s pain – but in their success. Check out an episode if you’re still looking for inspiration!

You all are wonderful.

Sara

63. Jo says:

Oh no, not the Men’s Room Goathead?!! The end IS near!!!

64. Cindy(Sydney, Australia) says:

I also believe that words and thoughts are VERY powerful. It is like when people say ‘I will try’. Using the word ‘try’ means you anticipate failure. Like attracts like so by saying things in an affirmative or positive way you will attract that. The same goes for saying things in a negative or ‘wishy washy’ way. If you find yourself saying things that way it is an opportunity to really look inside at your true beliefs about yourself and situations. Not what you tell yourself in your conscious mind but what you truly believe in the depths of your subconscious mind, as that is what is controlling our thoughts, actions and behaviors. Regardless of what you say that you want. I really enjoyed you bringing up and discussing this subject as too many of us go about life unconsciously and thinking that we are bringing about positive change and not understanding why these changes don’t stick or last. Great post to help change the lives of your subscribers. Have a great day.

65. Victoria says:

I’ve just recently started watching your clips and reviewing your site. You guys are great. Thanks for all the tips that you offer.

66. Tino says:

In your New years wantings, you wanted a 24 video feed in slaughterhouses. While I think that you that would be an uphill battle (or more like a cliff). You can use the goat head as the mascot for change and reform in the meat and poultry industries. An increase in the number of organic farms and a mainstreaming of organic meats and poultry being served on American dinner tables as well as American restaurants would be a good thing. Also, the more humane treatment of animals brought to feed the American people. Also, it can be catalyst for people to drink more goat’s milk as opposed to cow’s milk for better health. Finally, it can be a reminder for us to get out and enjoy the fields, meadows, and wooded glens (from the Greek god Pan).

And you should clean it before anything else.

67. sharon in sugar land says:

I will change is just a dream.
    I am changing is making your dreams come true!

The Goat Head….let the winners of the challenge paint it and then put it in the rv bathroom!

68. Kurt says:

We ask questions here right?… Er, so:

I’ve learned that drinking water with a meal will dilute digestive enzymes. Some green superfood powders contain digestive enzymes in them. If you scoop the powder into a glass of water, won’t the enzymes dilute and become useless?

69. Nick says:

make a soup!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_S532DjrZk&feature=related

or leave it up, at least thru this spell of aries, which ends like tomorrow. or leave as a reminder to that in, or not in, us all

70. Niki says:

So TRUE!
    WORDS create THINGS!
    What you SAY becomes, be careful what you say.
    “I am a Raw Foodist!!” (even if i am just transitioning!) there for “I AM”.
    Guaranteed success!
    As to the goat, OMG yes KEEP the RAM as a
    mascot/inspiration (after cleansing of course!) I LOVE the ideas of having it be a totally hilarious add in to scenes and story lines (picture what the Travelocity GNOME did for THEM!!!) and any contest or wheres RAWME? style photos etc, keep it fresh by having fans send in IDEAS and let the creativity FLOW!! TOO FUNNY!! It WILL go VIRAL on YouTube!! Love you guys!! Thanks for all the great encouragement!

71. Rae DayStar says:

Wow! I guess I really need to hear what you said about change because you are the second person to say it to me today. I have started looking for signs that change is happening. And it is.

72. Dee says:

The goat head is also a symbol for the God Pan, who is very connected to earth and nature. Very cool.

73. Melissa says:

Too funny with the goat head..and it being in the urinal..lol! It’s rather freaky looking so maybe painting it some cheerful color would be fun..or I saw a suggestion above to make it a planter…maybe you could make it chia pet?
    Thank you for your passion and response to change and how words become things..so simple, yet incredibly powerful..love it!

74. Carol Lani Johnson says:

Love #41 who is a faux painter offering her services…she could really give that ram head more personality and make him more pan-like and earthy. He will find his way where he needs to be after you & she give him some love. That whole fertility thing could happen, so consider giving him to Matt & Angela for their gardens & homestead (and baby Monarch?)after he is painted beautifully! : )

75. Jacquie says:

The goat head reminds me of Italy. I think you should take a trip there and find a new home for him. ;o)

76. Susie says:

Smash up the goat head and use it as packaging.