Carol Look on Food Cravings and EFT : The Renegade Health Show Episode #546

Tuesday Apr 13 | BY |

Today, Dr. Carol Look talks about pesky food cravings…

Food cravings can be the hardest to overcome because you always have to eat!

Listen in to see what Dr. Look has to say about how to eliminate cravings with a technique called EFT.

Your question of the day: Have you tried EFT yet? If so, do you like EFT or hypnosis best?

To learn more about Dr. Carol Look and EFT, please be sure to visit her website here… http://www.attractingabundance.com

1. Melissa says:

Love them both!

2. Cheryl says:

Hi Kevin,

I have only done one session of each in my life time. My experience with the hypnosis; I went for quitting smoking, only one visit, and I found I should have gone more. I started smoking again after two weeks. With the tapping experience; it was to do with a stressful situation of receiving some unexpected bad news and I had the opportunity to have a tapping session done within 1/2 hour after and had very good results. I was reluctant and skeptical about tapping, followed with amazement and surprise when I discovered how effective it actually was for me. I would definitely recommend tapping for any issue and I plan to use it always now as needed in my life. I was grateful for my tapping experience.

3. Kimberly says:

EFT is easy, simple, very effective and can be used for any situation to reduce stress and move through emotion and uncover “hidden” feelings without having to necessarily visit a practitioner…a simple protocol you can do by yourself.

4. I’ve tried EFT. It works. Never tried hypnosis, but it seems like it would make sense. I quit smoking without anything … so glad I did.

5. john says:

Tapping or hypnosis. Not all that familiar what the tapping is all about and for hypnosis I do know that that is not what God wants us to do ,because any time a person opens up willfully his or her mind to another humane being or angelic spirit/demonic unknown presence or entity,that entity enters your presence -TRUST ME. I have known of a lot of people over the years involved with many aspects of -This big lie that a lot of people buy into this new age thinking and witch craft. Are MINDS are to be open and surrendered to JESUS and NOT open to man or doctors or any foreign demonic -angelic entity etc. Satan seeks whom he may devour (soul) the word of God says. And who knows more, man or God the creator of man.As Christians God clearly says to focus our MINDS on Him and being in control of our minds that he gave us to please him .We are not to surrender our minds to a blank state to have some in put information thru suggestion or allowing a DEMONIC entity to enter our bodies willfully. Note: Even the (all) Legions of Demons TREMBLE at the word of JESUS.-Amen!

6. Nick says:

I like to hype gnosis best!

7. Kuru says:

EFT is great. Sorry Dr. Look didn’t give us a little demo on tapping for cravings. I’ve never tapped for any food issue, but coincidentally I did think about EFT after eating a chocolate croissant (a small one) today! LOL!

8. Sandi Seegert says:

I learned tapping a while ago and totally recommend it to everyone. So easy to learn and perform on yourself and best of all, it works! How cool is that?

9. Brad Martinson says:

I use EFT for pain relief all the time. It works!

Brad

10. Adriana says:

I never tried hypnosis, only tapping.
    Tapping works and is a very powerful tool to achieve unbelievable things. I recommende’ it to everyone. Try to find the exact technique and be diligent on doing it every day. You could achieve health, success in any area of your life, a stress free and focused life.

11. I have found that EFT has been effective in many areas. even a friend used it just joking around because she didn’t like tea. low and behold, she is an avid tea drinker now! it was rather funny.

12. Craig says:

Yes i have been using eft on many occasions. I also use a great youtube by brad yates called tap of the morning to start my day

13. Kym Hutcheon says:

I used both EFT and self-hypnosis for sleep issues. I was surprised that EFT worked just by thinking of tapping the points (without physical touch). Quite impressive. But I found self-hypnosis was more calming and actually more effective – at least in relation to sleep.

14. Nancy says:

I totally agree with Dr Look. I notice I have cravings when I am stressed. Even if its just mild stress, but having had a husband laid off for months will do that. I tried EFT and it works. I have been acquainted with it for over 10yrs. Since going raw, I have found it to be a necessity in my new journey. I first tried it with a naturopath for other issues that I had to deal with. Most recently I used it on my 9yr old who has chronic allergies. It has helped tremendously.

15. Tracy says:

Hi have used self hypnosis CDs from good sources and they have really helped–it takes about 21 days to feel the change–but it works great. Have heard of EFT and seen demonstrations but have never tried–maybe since the information keeps entering my life–I should probably check it out more seriously…sounds very easy and practical!
    Tracy

16. Sarah says:

I love EFT and use it all the time with great success. I have never tried hypnosis but I would love to.

17. John Parson says:

I have been teaching and practicing EFT for the last 9 years. It does work wonders no matter what your problem is. Mostly I work with the homeless, and drug addicts. I will be hooking up with Dawson Church to work with Vets who have PTSD. Some of the local dog shelters want me to start working with abused dogs, I’ll be starting that next week. Last year I taught a lady EFT and hadn’t seen her until last week, she had lost about 80 pounds and was off all her medications, she also now eats a very healthy diet. Not everyone I teach takes EFT and uses it,but those who do really make some great changes in thier lives. Rev John EFT-ADV

18. Kristine says:

I knew about tapping, but have ignored it as being non-essential. After listening to the video and reading the blog I will definitely do some research. Thanks again for an informative (and possibly life altering interview).

19. Phyllis says:

Hi Kev & Annmarie,

This subject is new to me. I will have to do some research for myself…it sounds interesting considering that there are so many times when I am committed to eatting raw (at least 80%) and I still manage to get into some popcorn or chips. Then of course, I feel bad…not to the point of depression. But, now I need to really do some inner work to deal better with the triggers. Thanks again!

20. john says:

PS. Not familiar with tapping ,but seems like a distraction device ? that prevents one from doing an undesirable behavior . Depending on how bad the problem is one has to be determined in his /her mind to exercise SELF DISCIPLINE AND SELF CONTROL which in turn demonstrates to ones own self and body respect.Like the old saying goes,” just do it”.

21. Zeb says:

Okay… never really researched “tapping” but I am on the same page as John… this opens our minds up to all kinds of things, or has that potential, been there done that, and survived by the grace of God! I will find my strength through him and prayer to beat my cravings, and this method has worked well for me, because I know that this body was given to me to be cared for by our creator… so if tapping doesn’t work for you, prayer I KNOW will!! have a groovy day!

22. Stephanie says:

neither. for booze, the 12 steps. for the eating – well – i haven’t gotten there yet. in fact, i just ate a personal size frozen pizza and a bagel and i’m getting ready to eat vegan pot stickers. did i mention my dad is extremely sick and my relationship unsatisfying currently? sigh…. perhaps i will check out this eft business…….

23. Jacquie says:

I have used EFT and love it. I’m currently also using Holosync (thanks to an email from you, Kevin!) and will NEVER be without my Holosync CDs. For me, it’s the best and was worth every penny. ;o)

24. Gwen says:

I agree with John about hypnosis that is opens up the mind to all kinds of things and is dangerous. This is the first time I have heard about EFT and it sounds like it could be a useful tool that I would like to learn more about.

25. Nick says:

I’d rather not look at this as an either/or choice. I can see the tapping as a self-induction (autohypnosis) technique. The tapping references you to your own body, while the acupuncture points used in EFT are access points to the body’s interior. The translation for the Chinese word for acupuncture point is something like ‘hole’ (a way in). The rhythmic tapping incantatively, incrementally sinks you into a relative trance, keeping in mind that trance is not all or nothing–“now i’m in it, now i’m not” cuz that itself satisfactorily defines delusion, unless you consciously mean relatively. If what I’ve said here gets a big resounding DUH, then great. Cuz we need to end our entrancement on this weirld, and as they say, “let the phenomena play”, identify within, with life, rather than ID’ing with our possessions (that’s necrophilia — read To Have Or To Be by Erich Fromm), personages of this great personality cult, etc

26. Colleen says:

I have never tried hypnosis, but I have tried EFT and I absolutely love it and it has absolutely helped me with food cravings and allowed underlying emotions to come to the surface so that I could finally feel them fully and work through them.

27. Amy-Marie Wiechert says:

I have only tried tapping and it works quite well. It is part of my daily routine and it is a good closure to yoga and breathing exercises.

28. Marlene says:

To John
    amen brother

29. Renee says:

Thanks ….what would be great is if Carol actually takes us through a descriptive tapping experience in a video segment that deals with cravings, also providing the statements that work for that condition…

30. Jacqueline says:

This is the most amazing and smart discussion of cravings that I have ever heard. Great discovery. I haven’t tried EFT, I will look into it.

31. Karen says:

wondering… instead of “anesthetizing those feelings…” we actually begin to teach children at home and at school self mastery?

This is why I looked and and tried Waldorf and looked at Maharishi’s School in Fairfield, Iowa, thinking the self discipline of meditation in their schools and diet would benefit, as a solo parent it wasn’t in my ability to move there nor my budget.

Just a thought. Instead, I see the familiar pattern knee-jerk…(you guess?). We have a nation of folks that have no ability to self regulate.

love and light