Raw Food Recipe for Creamy Tomato Soup – The Renegade Health Show Episode #532

Wednesday Mar 24 | BY |

Mmmm….

Today, Annmarie is making a raw food recipe straight out of The Raw Food Challenge ebook!

This recipe for creamy tomato basil soup will “wow” your friends AND fill them up.

Your question of the day: Will you be joining us for The Raw Food Challenge?

To be a part of The Raw Food Challenge, please go here: http://www.renegadehealth.com/rfc

1. Don says:

Kev you never got back to us about whether or not you were going to replace the theme song did you? I guess it stuck. 🙁 One word painful. No offense to whoever wrote it.

2. Jenni says:

I wish I could, but I cannot afford it right now. (All my extra money goes to textbooks right now, so that I can finish my MBA to use it against the powers of evil!) 🙂

3. Pat G. says:

Are you guys going to go raw and vegan, too?

4. patti says:

wish I could! right now no extra $$ right now!

Thanks Kev & Annmarie for all you do!

5. Adam says:

Hey Kevin, I got a comment about your blood testing stuff that you have gone over a bunch. Have you thought about suggesting just simple and inexpensive PH testing of urine and or saliva? Dr Dicenso and plenty of others think PH is a very important piece of the puzzle.

Maybe you could get an interview with him on PH or someone else.

Great show, thanks for the good work!

6. Pat G. says:

I LOVE your theme song, and loved it from the very beginnings! It has a jazzy snake charm feel to it…or something like that…geez, I’m so articulate. Thanks for lowering the volume. I don’t need my co-workers hearing it!

7. Pat G. says:

I also like the timing of the intro in and the fading out.

Do you have a good broccoli and tomato soup recipe. I was experimenting with this in 2003, and OMG, most of it went down the garbage disposal. I finally got a good balance, and even my gourmet cook mother loved it! But that was loooong ago.

What kind of blender is that? It looks like a baby Vita-Mix…or a dwarf cousin…

8. Alicia Harris says:

Of course I am! This is what I’ve been waiting for…just what I need. I just am going to wait until I get back from Puerto Rico to start. I’m so excited about this!

9. Ellena says:

Really want to, but i have to decide between that and the gerson tapes. Still deciding.

10. RJ says:

Fantastic recipe! How many pages is this eBook? I have 5 sisters and we are going on a little retreat in a few months. Very, very scarey…6 women together for 2 days. YIKES!! We haven’t been together more than one day at a time for over 36 or so years. Each of us will be responsible for one meal during our 2 day retreat.
    I’ll be planning to serve this recipe as the last meal of our retreat, along with a showing of this dvd…
    My sisters are good people and I do not want to start the retreat off with my way of life. They all know how I eat. So, I will show them this film before our last retreat meal. Then I plan to feed them this great recipe from your new book.
    (fade to black)
    After we give one another a farewell hug, we will decide to have our retreat once a year and use only the recipes from Kevin and Annmarie’s new Ebook!!
    🙂

Side note: I swear I heard a commercial on TV that contained the same high note your show starts off with. I was at work and subliminally heard the tune, looked at the TV quickly, think it was for a juice drink, sorry I did not note the brand…was busy grooming…Someone else out there might have heard it??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? At the time of the sound I heard all I remember thinking about drink on the commercial was this…”ANOTHER CORPORATION RIDING ON THE HARD WORK OF OTHERS BY SUBLIMINALLY INJECTING AUDIO in order to mislead the general public. A public that is getting way, WAY, too smart. The internet is here and it gives the underdog a power that is giving certain so called “big” corporations a REAL damn run for their money. 😉 BUY LOCAL PRODUCE support your LOCAL REAL FARMER. PLEASE do not let Monsanto’s latest TV commercial fool you! It was cleverly designed to make the viewer feel that Monsanto was all for organically grown produce. Do your research, PLEASE.
    Thank you for all this good information I read on the posts and shows!

11. RJ says:

Hello Everyone,
    I swear I heard a commercial on TV that contained the same high note your show starts off with. I was at work and subliminally heard the tune, looked at the TV quickly, think it was for a juice drink, sorry I did not note the brand…was busy working…Someone else out there might have heard it??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? At the time of the sound I heard all I remember thinking about drink on the commercial was this…”ANOTHER CORPORATION RIDING ON THE HARD WORK OF OTHERS BY SUBLIMINALLY INJECTING AUDIO in order to mislead the general public. A public that is getting way, WAY, too smart. The internet is here and it gives the underdog a power that is giving certain so called “big” corporations a REAL damn run for their money. 😉 BUY LOCAL PRODUCE support your LOCAL REAL FARMER. PLEASE do not let Monsanto’s latest TV commercial fool you! It was cleverly designed to make the viewer feel that Monsanto was all for organically grown produce. Do your research, PLEASE. No, I am not hearing things. I speak the truth.
    Thank you for all the good information I read on the posts and shows!

12. The soup looks great … and yes, am joining you the raw food challenge!

13. Sophia says:

I am so excited about the Raw Food Challenge!!!

14. JulieD says:

Seriously considerinng it. I want to lose 50#, been trying so many different plans for so many years. Started with green smoothies a year ago. Had SUCH high hopes for success with Raw, but I cannot “release” the weight. Money back guarantee, eh??

15. john says:

Sorry Kevin and Ann Marie will be unable to join both of you in the raw food challenge. However todays Campbell Soup, I mean The Gianni’s Gourmet Soup looks so naturally healthy- it’s Mmm-mmm-good! Looks like your soup would also make a nice raw dip spread on organic chips or bread spread as well.I think your soup makes a Touch Down Score.Great show today you two have the right chemistry and the right touch of Class in your presentation. -THANK YOU #10 and again #11 FOR REEMPHASIZING YOUR CONCERNS AND SPREADING THE WORD OUT TO PEOPLE WHO SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW ABOUT THE —EVIL-EVIL –EVIL –THAT MONSANTO IS DOING AND OTHERS, LIKE ARCHER DANIELS MID LAND ARE DOING TO OUR FARMING LAND SCAPE————FOREVER———– WITH THEIR —GMO’S ————GENETICALLY ENGINEERED ,GENE MODIFIED ORGANISMS . THESE COMPANIES ARE PLAYING god AND SHOVING THERE FOOD DOWN OUR THROATS —ALL OF US AND IT WILL INTERTWINE IN OUR DNA AND WILL CREATE ALL SORTS OF HUMANE ,ANIMAL,PLANT LIFE PROBLEMS–FOREVER ! AND CAN NEVER-NEVER-NEVER–NEVER -NEVER BE CORRECTED!!!

16. Gina says:

Hey guys, does this mean you won’t be coming to someone’s home for the big 30 day challenge?

17. Mary Artemis says:

Well, I’ll just have to check out that raw food challenge……

I’m open to trying lots of people’s stuff and this one, knowing you two, is probably organized really well. And that will be really exciting, motivating, fun and GREAT to do for 7 days!! Can really get jazzed about it. So, when I get brain space I will find your info on it.

Mary from Stamford (formerly from wine country and Moraga!)

18. Julie says:

Would love to.. just can’t afford it. Husband was laid off & now I must pay most bills. I’m vegan & try to eat most veggies raw & try my best. My husband & daughter think I’m Nut’s, but that’s OK. I know that I haven’t eaten a sentient being & Karma always comes back…………..Love all the precious souls on this earth…..

19. Amy says:

I am on board! yes.

20. Quinny says:

I’m already 100% raw everyday… but I want the recipes 🙂

21. Garrett says:

Hi You Two,

Firstly, I have been told before and have reinforced this with David Wolfe: always remove the seeds from the tomatoes if you’re going to whack ’em up. If you eat them whole (the seeds), they will pass through okay. But, if you whack them, they will release some toxins that you really don’t want to ingest.

Second… you don’t say anything about the sun dried tomatoes. Did YOU make those? If so, how did you get them SO DARK? If you bought them, there is little chance that they are raw and probably are loaded with sulfates.

Best wishes!

Garrett

22. Terese says:

I am considering joining the raw food challenge. Before I decide I would like to know what happens if you aren’t available for the Live coaching calls. Will there be an access code to view later for those that pay for the raw food challenge? If not, can you order just the e-book? Thank you! Love the show!

23. Manwel says:

If you add 5 or 6 medjool dates (soaked)plus a quarter cup olive oil, it turns out yummier.

24. Lisa says:

I am joining the challenge! I think I’m going to try it this week and then again in May. I’m looking forward to trying to get my act together! I’m still hoping you guys show up at my house for the 30 day challenge – I need the help! Thanks for all you do 🙂

25. Kris says:

I hope to join you, but I need to pay my rent first, so I won’t have the cash for a couple of weeks. (Hope the option to join will still be available then.) I don’t have the desire to be 100% raw, but I am curious to see if I’ll have the energy to get through my kettlebell workouts on 100% raw.

26. Patty says:

just signed up!

27. michelle says:

Would love to but cant afford at this time.

28. Anne Hunt says:

Wished you had given us a heads up on this course sooner as I have already signed up for Nomi Shannon’s class that will be going for 4 months and it just started. Will you have this course again later- just in case I need some variety? Thanks, Anne

29. Judy says:

Yes, I decided to bite the bullet (raw of course) and do it the right way with you and Annmarie. I have been eating mostly raw for about six months after joining Isagenix Fat Loss system and have lost 50 pounds so far, with just under 20 more to go. But I became interested in raw foods after watching the “Simply Raw – Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days” DVD about the work Dr. Gabriel Cousens does at his Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center. For me, it really is a commitment to follow God’s perfect health care system as given to us in Genesis 1:29, and it is working – my Type 2 Diabetes is no longer part of my life. This Raw Food Challenge is much cheaper than it would be for me to go to Arizona (from FL) to enjoy a dream retreat at the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center. Thank you for providing an affordable alternative in a real-life setting.

30. Shweta says:

I’ll be there.I wish if could have an option of continuing the same experience with you for two week.

Shweta

31. Jaqueline Cartier says:

I’m thinking of it but I don’t have pounds to loose any more. I’m just afraid to loose too many pounds. I eat 75% raw food now. I’m in the sixty’s. So I’d like to receive your comments about it.

Jacqueline

32. Clara says:

Wish I could join but with 3 kids I have no extra money right now. Thanks for what you do…. Clara

33. Lavendar says:

Yes I am, I am in my 3rd year and I really need to recommit to high/100% raw vegan living. Sampling on vegan/cooked foods has left me sluggish and bloated feeling these past few months.

Awesome Price for the support and resources!

34. Alexandra says:

off topic question. Can you explain the health effects of fermentation again. My conflicting arguments are…1) fermented foods are good i.e. pickled ginger, kombucha, etc. 2) Don’t eat fruit on a full stomach because it will be held up in the digestion process and ferment. The second one is a bad fermentation?

35. Jo says:

I didn’t have the money to do it, but I found $30 on a credit card that isn’t maxed out so I did it…if only for the recipes. I was starving for protein over the weekend and finally ate a steak after being mostly raw for a month (it was on sale and I was raised to be a meat eater). I’m having a hard time finding recipes with adequate protein I actually like the taste of, so I’m hoping the ones in this book will really fill in the gaps.

36. cid says:

No can do, have no Long Distance for the calls.

37. Monica says:

Hey, guys! I love ur show…thanks for all the great info! Lost my job several months ago…so trying to find the $ but don’t know yet.

A question I’ve been wanting to ask for ages…is… what does a days worth of eating look like for you guys? (Yes, I realize that the challenge will have 7 days worth of eating!) But, like yest. or today, what did either or both of u eat?

But, i was just wondering nutrition wise if u guys have an approx idea of the calories you tend to feel good on per day?

Thanks again for all the great info!

38. Jessica says:

I am ready! I am super pumped!! 🙂

39. Thanks Annemarie and Kevin

I will not be joining as I embark on my own cleanses periodically and also I have changed my food habits and have eliminated all nightshades and citrus due to their having inflammatory properties to the body (based on studies from Ann Wigmore and others, actually nightshades are in the tobacco family and you can google it and find out more as I don’t remember the link for the article about it, but if I do find it, I will pass it along to you)

You can visit my blog http://www.rawsomegal.wordpress.com and read about my 42 day cleanse using coconut water and stevia which I completed mid-January. I have
    also written about my transition back to food. I continue to write about health related topics and post once or twice a week (depending on how busy I am). To read about my cleanse from day 1, click on December 2009. Share this with others who may be interested and I love to receive comments. You can also subscribe so you will always receive the latest posts in you email inbox.

Namaste!
    Chef Mindy aka Ageless Raw Beauty

40. Carole Cole says:

Would love to do this, just coming off a parasite cleanse and now starting a colon cleanse…so it would be great to do this right after but it needs to be simple. I did Nomi’s raw food class awhile back and it was too complicated and couldn’t keep up. So again, it needs to be simple, no complicated non-cooking receipes that require a lot of shopping and lots of time to prep. Comments regarding my concerns please…

41. Jen says:

YES! So looking forward to the challenge. I’ve been wanting to go raw for a while now and this will be the kick start I need.

42. jackie says:

Hmmmm. I would LOVE to do it, and if it were half the price I might be willing to get a little deeper in the hole; things are tight right now.

43. Stanley Gerard says:

Can someone respond with the creamy tomato soup as my computer won’t let me see the vidios and I want this recipe badly

44. J Leigh says:

great recipe but you did not post the ingredient list measurements. How am I supposed to try to make it??

45. Jacquie says:

Hi Guys!

Nope, not joining you as I’m doing great on my own; but, I love you guys and watch your show each day faithfully. LOVE those recipes! Please keep them coming. Kevin, thanks for turning down the volume on the opening song. It really helps. 🙂

46. Bob C says:

I assume if this is a raw food recipe that this “soup” is served cold. How then, is it different from a smoothie?

47. Jill says:

No I will not be joining the RFC, and I agree with whoever mentioned the song, PLEASE change it! 🙂

48. Heather says:

I am giving it serious consideration. It sounds safe & affordable, being raw food based. I have been wanting to do some more intense detoxifying, but there are soo many different ideas on how to do this. I heard about the Master Cleanse, and was considering it, but like you mentioned in the Raw Food Challenge, it seems like it may be very hard to stick to long term. Another thing I was considering was a raw, organic juice fast, but didn’t know what might be bad juice combos(if there is such a thing) and how best to tackle fiber intake. Some people say it is not a good idea to take psyllium husks, and others do. I wonder if I could substitute raw or arganic chia or flax seeds or go without?

It sounds like this Raw Food Challenge has high nutritive value, while still getting your natural fibers in. I may have to eat light on the nightshades, as I seem to develop discomfort when I consume large quantities. Here are some of my ????’s of the day…Are you aware of any risks of becoming over alkalinized in ph? Any concerns about high salacilate content? What are your thoughts about taking activated charcoal along with this challenge? Should any one consider doing the stone cleanse with olive oil, salt, and juice? I’ve heard some criticize it, saying it creates stones.

49. Moira says:

At this point I cannot do the RFC…but maybe in June.

I don’t understand the big fuss about the song…it is great…why would a show change their theme song? It identifies your show! It is better with the volume lower; I used to manually turn it down.

Thanks for all that you do in sharing your information with us all and providing interviews and so many stimulating things to consider! I have learned a lot from you!

50. Britt says:

Heather (#48) – I would highly recommend juice feasting! http://www.juicefeasting.com is a great resource. There is no need to include extra fiber….many people have reported having solid bowel movements for most or all of the 92 days. The point with a juice feast or fast is to give your body a break, and drinking nutrient rich juices with minimal fiber is a great way to do it.

51. Zan says:

Don’t change the theme song. Some popele love it! If someone doesn’t, they should learn tolerance.

52. Genevieve says:

Recipe is similar to a gazpacho which I love to make in the summer when tomatoes are at their freshest. Gazpacho is chunkier though, which I think I’d prefer over the smoothie-like texture.

Keep up the good work.

53. Linda says:

first time I haven’t found the recipe under the demonstration……………hmmm……….

54. Laura Sholtz says:

Hi,

It would be helpful if you listed the recipe(s) below the video.

Thanks,