How to Store Fresh Juices – The Renegade Health Show Episode #530

Monday Mar 22 | BY |

Jay Kordich ran out of time last week to explain how to store fresh juices…

No problem, though, I’ll take the reigns and explain it for him.

The best way to drink your juice is right away, but if you have to store it, here’s how you can do it.

I also talk about hybridized foods and how they may affect your health.

Your question of the day: Who have you learned from that looks great in their older years?

1. Peg says:

Funny about the 50/50 split on the theme song. I am one who likes it, but I wanted to say that even if you change it, I will still listen to all your shows.

At 58, I have this fantasy that I will be someone who looks good in her older years. LOL!

About two weeks ago, my husband had a total knee replacement surgery. A few days after I brought him home, he said maybe he should eat like I do. Woo hoo! So, with more smoothies, etc. he is feeling quite well, though more time is needed to see how he does. One thing I have been thinking about is the fact that greens are rich in Vitamin K, which supports blood clotting. After this kind of surgery, a blood thinner is prescribed–however, Vitamin K is also good for bone health. So, I am giving him small amounts of the greens in his smoothies–if anyone has had experience with this, I would very much like to hear it.

2. Tyra McMahon says:

I miss getting your videos first thing in the morning!

3. Jane says:

Jack LaLane (spelling?) and my friend Christinia Lee who will be 91 in May. SHE flew planes during WWII — very cool.

4. Adriana says:

You are absolutely fantastic. There are no other words to describe you, your attitude and your phenomenal work to persuade us to see and search for the truth in this area of life. I love and appreciate all your effort. I’ve learned and grown so much in the last year I can’t even say. You are a real hero of mine and I like to keep it this way. Yes, You are because of all your effort to bring knowledge to all those people who are really searching for an answer.

God bless you and all your fantastic energy. I hope to hear and learn from you more in the next 100 years. (LOL)

5. Karen says:

Kevin, you are so cute. I just love your adorable curls. Two of my heros are too young for your poll – Mike Adams and David Wolfe. I’m sure both you and they will look awesome as you all age.

6. Sara says:

George Malkmus

7. Betsy says:

You never answer our questions, how much does it cost for your avocados, oranges, macadamia nuts. thx.

8. Kelly says:

Good points about the blood tests. I’m very new to this site and eating raw, but I’m interested in getting some tests done. How do I know what kind of tests to ask my doctor for?

9. Rosa says:

can you discuss the connection between VitA & VitD. What I recently read is that VitA interferes with VitD. Is this true & is there such a thing as a multiple with very little A or not A and I can supplement separately? So confusing!!!

10. Corrinne says:

I find that Donna Gates is amazing for her age:-)

11. Dennis says:

Juices, like smoothies, what a powerhouse of nutrients. Unfortunately, with juices, the optimal nutrition is when they are drank right away. Gerson, Walker, always recommended drinking them freshly prepared. Of course, when treating serious health issues with juices, unless you have help from someone at home, it’s very difficult for many people to accomplish the juicing that is required day after day. It’s a lot of work.

12. Alyse says:

My grandfather is 104, in great health, still rakes his leaves and works in his garden. He’s on no medication and still recites poems and does guest speaking.

He eats meat and vegetables at every meal and always with a single piece of white bread. When he has dessert, it is usually a piece of watermelon or cantaloupe.

What I have learned is that he is consistent with his type of meals and has eaten this way his whole life. He does not eat past 5:00 p.m. I also believe the secret to his longevity is his supreme faith in God and keeping his mind expanded with constant memorization of text. He is amazing!

13. Susana says:

We’ve been with you since the very first shows – at your desk! Remember those?
    The gong is a part of your “brand” now, for those of us who know you.

Of course, new folk are always arriving, so, who’s to say a change wouldn’t eventually become accepted by us oldtimers as your brand? ‘-)
    Ah, right! You want US to determine that!
    OK!
    Here’s my vote: Do what you’re led to do (and it seems you’re being led more toward retaining than not) ‘-)

As for juice storage:
    Any extra juice can make ice cubes.
    Just chuck ’em into the blender with some fresh on your way out the door ~ Instant “SLURPEE/ICEE” the organic vegan way! ‘-)

Just remember to “clear the freezer” each weekend, (or whenever), making a “delight”, or “soup” of all the remaining odds & ends, if any ‘-)

Frugality!

14. Greg says:

I don’t know if I would use the word “old” to describe Verne Varona, but he is someone who has been living and teaching for many years and is still as busy and active as ever. He is without a doubt someone to listen and learn from. He’s been around since the early seventies. He may not be teaching strictly about “raw foods”, but he’s written two books and continues to lecture on health and lifestyle choices throughout the country. He’s an encyclopedia of information and still looks great. He’s helped so many people over the years and has always been so giving of his time and knowledge to those in need. A definate inspiration. If you’ve never heard of him, look him up. Or just buy one of his books. “Nature’s Cancer Fighting Foods or Macrobiotics for dummies.”

15. Catherine says:

There is so much good music in the World, I hope you will consider changing it once and a while. The same song just gets old after a while.

Speaking of old, I have two people who inspire me. One was my Uncle Bob, who just passed away this month. He was 94 and just stopped working in November. He worked in the fitness center at the Desert Springs Marriot, and up until a year ago, took guests on the 3 mile morning walk at 7 am. He kept moving and kept active and loved the young people he worked with. He always said if you want to stay young, hang out with young people.

Also, my friend Dick who is 85 and organized a weekly bike group. He also got the group to start doing annual biking vacations in Europe. We all have trouble keeping up with him. Besides biking and tennis, he is active in conservation efforts, spends winters in Mexico, and he and his wife (she is 80) are building a new house. Amazing!!!

By the way Kevin, you are looking better all the time. You are glowing!

16. Sarah says:

I’d have to say my mother. She has taught me so much over the years. She had a big part to play in putting me on my path. She is 76-years-young and looks great. What a spit fire woman!

Kevin, all this talk about juices oxidizing, what about raw soups? Do they oxidize? Is it okay to leave them in the fridge for a few days and still have nutritional value?

Thanks,
    Sarah

17. Sarah says:

I also voted that I liked the music, but it is not why I watch your show :). The volume is better, though. Great show! Keep the information coming….

18. Stacie says:

I’m one who voted to keep the music but turn down the volume. Thanks for doing that. I often listen with earbuds so I can hear over the background noise here. I would hit mute, and then watch and unmute it when you’d start talking–either that or I’d be blasted out until I could get to the mute button.

So thank you very much.

I’ve got lots of heroes right now, you and Annmarie, Matt and Angela Monarch, David Wolfe, and Gabriel Cousens. I keep reading/watching. Even when I’m not doing the best, you guys all keep me inspired to better for myself.

Thanks again.

19. Coreen says:

Funny! I’ve been watching your shows for almost a year now, and I love the song… but because of the volume I click ‘play’, then ‘mute’, then hum the song in my head, watch your lips say “Good[]…” and then release the mute. LOL! Today when you said you changed the volume I went back and watched it from the start again with the sound. Please keep the Gong Song, it’s perfect at this volume now!
    Thanks for everything!

20. Sharon says:

the volume of the song is better. Thank you, still love watching!

21. Mike Pacione says:

Hey Kev!

One tip when you are embedding your video from youtube… when you go to click on the embed code and copy it… click the little gear next to it, and you will be able to configure the size and colour theme behind it! I think it will look it great if you used the green colours! give it a try!
    Also… when you past the code into your html post of your blog… you can go through it and increase the width so it looks smoother and sleeker on the page.
    Just tips, and i enjoy WEB design! wooooo!

PS… the volume thing helped.

MuchLove
    Mike

22. Mike Pacione says:

oh and I love the show! you’ve really helped me take control of my health and feel inspired about it!

23. Gina says:

I love your music! What ever happened to the 30 day challenge winner?

24. Stormie says:

Lowering the volume on the intro music made all the difference in the world to me. I like it much better now. Thank you for balanced and respectable shows that never leave me feeling like I’ve just been in the twilight zone.

25. Anne Hunt says:

Mimi Kirk and Susun Weed -at over 70 they look fantastic -they were both on WISH (Women’s International Summit on Health) which was absolutely wonderful! They were truly an inspiration. I also enjoy hearing from Dr. Andrew Weil from Arizona. Jimmy Buffet is also inspiring to me as he is over 60 but still going strong at his concerts….he makes me feel young and alive 🙂

26. Patricia says:

Kevin your awesome. Love your show, and thanks for turning the music down a bit.

Also when I first started to do juiceing, was told that I shouldn’t be drinking it full strength, and that it should be diluted some. If you think about it you would be eatting a aweful lot of carrots in one sitting as it takes about a good 6 or even more to make any amount of juice. Plus you also add lots more other things to that. So I always diluted the juice to 50/50, with water. Now I wonder if this is true any more.

27. Shadow's Mom says:

I voted to change the song but thank you for being considerate enough to at least turn it down a little. That does help. I love Ann Marie’s demos and miss seeing her.

28. RW says:

Jack LaLanne is in his 90’s and doing well. He also promotes juicing, so there must be something to it

29. Ronald says:

The turning down the volume made all the difference. http://www.jacklalanne.com the other juice person.

30. nick says:

How about Jack LaLanne who is also heavily into juicing!! Kevin you r so right about looking @ those who are a living example rather then those with a good sales pitch!!! Other then Vitamin D and B12 what other specific blood work do you reccomend for a vegan who eats mostly raw food.

31. Debbie Grezik says:

Hey Kevin,
    Just wanted to let you know turning the volume down on your music intro helps a lot !!!! Thank you, keep up the great work. Peace out.

32. Geri says:

I love the music and voted to leave it but I do like the volume now.
    My mom and mom-in-law will both be 89 this year and still do everything. My mom lives by herself and hangs clothes, has a garden take the city bus all over Denver, everything! Someone more famouse than my mom (teehee) is Smokey Robinson, living Legend, He is I believe 71 and is still touring and singing and still sounds the same!!!

33. donna says:

Both lemon juice and vitamin C powder added to your juices will act as natural preservatives. I add both to mine. According to Gary Null, they will stay fresh and nutritious for 3 days in the fridge. You can easily prove this for yourself by just juicing a white potato and make 2 separate jars, one with some c powder and or lemon juice mixed in, and one without. Just let them sit out on your counter for a day or 2 or 3, and watch the color changes as they oxidize. Quite amazing!
    Love your shows, and voted nay for the music, but we don’t watch for the musical entertainment, so it’s really not that important, yah?

34. Jasmine says:

Cher.

35. crow says:

Jack Lalanne is 95 and looks 60.

36. Jasmine says:

madonna

37. Jackie says:

Betsy – I believe that Kevin said that that produce cost $25. Hopefully someone will correct me if I am wrong.

38. LV says:

Jack Lalane

39. Cathy says:

why can’t you try something new and different instead of the same old thing. Be adventurous!

40. Sue Rushford says:

Yes, I’m with Debbie & all the others – lowering the volume helps tremendously – I can now listen without scrambling for the volume control – soooo much more pleasant – great compromise – thank you! I admire Fred Bisci and Viktorus Kulvinskas – I realize Viktorus may not stand erect, etc., but when you take the time to hear what he’s been through, you appreciate how far he’s come in healing, surviving, and even thriving. Both of these men are simply brilliant.

41. KarenS says:

Mimi Kirk is so amazing! She is 71 and very young looking! Also Lou Corona — he is 58, but so young for his age and an amazing person!

42. Gail says:

I voted “NO’ that I did not like your intro music. Reason being, the more I dig into spiritual and holistic…. the intensity of the hard beats in your intro music has in fact turned me off, which in turn I too… tend to “DELETE” and not listen to your Heavy and Hard Beat intro music, although what you have to offer behind the intro is priceless.

It falls in line with reading some lost books of the Bible…. the ancient books… the intro to the books are hard hitting and make the book out to be not worthy of reading…. but once you read the material, the intro was “DESIGNED” to tune you out…. a prime example is the book “the aquarian gospel of jesus christ”….. for the intro will turn one off….. but the material past the intro is priceless….

I would like to suggest doing a more spiritual type of music to go with the flow of the holistic and wholesomeness you are delivering…. after all….. there is much to be said for the scriptures……. just incorporate a thought along with “food” for thought along with the health take over of the government thugs…. that too is in the bible if one takes time to realize the scope of it all and incorporate it.

In Closing… revisit your slogan… I should have it down pat because I see it everywhere…. but can’t seem to pull the exact wording out…. but it goes in the lines of “If you can’t afford prevention now….
    How will you afford Disease later?”

My advice…. it’s time for a change… find something that plant’s “seeds of knowledge” into a being that flows with the scriptures along with the flow of holistic and health and against the health reform takeover.

You are no dummy… you have it in front of you in your interviews….. just buckle down and revisit and incorporate your findings. For no one can Sea like You Sea…. So Sea unto others that you want to deliver. (And No… I did not mis-spell sea…. C.. or See….. if one learns some ancient theology…. one can understand that the three (sea, C, see) are one in the same, just defined differently in the Western World.

So I ask that you Sea, C and see… and it’s time for a change…. but it’s up to you to take your sea’s of venture, finite and incorporate a new theme.

43. Kat says:

Great show today, Kevin! YAY – I love the song and would miss it if you got rid of it (love the gong). 🙂 I noticed you had turned the volume down a while back – much better!

Great advice on blood testing – spot on! When I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer almost 6 years ago, aside from being under a great deal of stress at the time, I felt really healthy! I had no idea. It’s so important to know what’s really going on in our bodies – and to find ways to manage stress.

I agree, we should watch & strive to model those who are successful, especially our elders. I have friends & relatives who are in their 80’s and 90’s who don’t even eat that healthfully yet are thriving – I believe due to their incredible zest for life & sense of humor! I definitely believe our diet is incredibly important, but we can’t forget the other factors that define health.

44. jackie says:

Having the volume down a little is better 🙂 I still like the song…I almost always dance to it (while sitting in front of my computer, of course) while anticipating your next great message! It’s very catchy. Love your show.

45. Ineke says:

There are a couple of “veterans” that I think look great. Charlotte Gerson, Brian and Anna Maria Clement, Fred Bisci, Jay Kordich and another example is Cherie Soria. I recently found out that she is in her 60. You would never think that and I think she ages so gracefully. You are so right that we should take some of these people advice since they have been doing it for so long. I also doubt some of those so called “superfoods”. I personally prefer to get supplements prescribed just like an MD prescribes drugs if necessary. Thanks for the advice on how to keep juice fresh.

46. Dawni says:

Hi Kevin:

It is true you are a gem who looks very fine in your curls and glowing skin. I love how many of us notice when you are looking particularly radiant.

Now…I love that you bring our attention to our elders who are do doubt doing something right… Good advice.

I felt Paul’s advice was useful on blood testing. He raised some very valid points. Nice to receive the reinforcement.

I remember you asking about the theme song some while ago and I voted for keeping it. If you asked in the last couple of weeks my vote did not get in. Glad it is staying on.

Nice to have face time. Now where’s AnnMarie. Missing her…

Dawni

47. esther says:

In the raw world, I think Fred Bisci tops everyone. I like Brian Clement too except I’ve only seen him wearing suits, so I’ve never seen his body. I don’t know Jay Kordich yet! Oh yeah, Gabriel Cousens rocks pretty good for someone over 60!
    I don’t know too many older raw gals. Actually Cherie Soria is in her 60’s and looking fine as ever!!

48. Cheryl says:

Hey Kevin,
    Always love your video’s. I am inspired by a friend of mine Clara Johnston whom just turned 100 two weeks ago. She is a retired gr1 teacher and she’s always been active and eaten what ever she wanted all her life.She loves cats and gets her healing from them.
    Another person is my room mate who’s 86 and ritually has his wheat grass juice every morning. Although he goes in and out with the raw regime. These are two people I’ve learned from in my life.
    Thanks and keep up the great video’s, I lv em!

49. Cheryl says:

Oh my second friends name is Ross Maxwell. Thanks

50. Pat G. says:

Fred Bisci is amazing. I’ve visited him twice in the last 2 years and have seen him many times before then around the country. I this Jack LaLanne is AMAZING. He started his first health club for men in Oakland, CA and, out of popular demand, changed a couple of the week days for women exclusively. I also love Rosalind Gruben PhD. She rocks!

51. Dean says:

#1 hero over 50 years of age = Raymond Francis!!
    I’ve been away for 2 weeks, and you made a show just for me Kevin! I can’t tell you how much this means to me… LOL. OK, lowering the volume of your intro was an astonishing improvement! it turned your intro from excruciating, to smoothing! thank you.. the sound is nice! I didn’t know that before now. I definitely noticed it before you drew my attention to it.
    I love what you and Ann Marie are doing, the two of you are my heroes, because you bring attention to all of the wonderfull folks who deserve to be aknowledged for their part in the advancement in human evolution. I always look forward to your daily video clips, and have never been dissapointed.
    Love and Positive Energy for You and Yours.

52. Julia says:

Jack Lalane!

53. Kevin, I do like the lower volume on the music before your introduction. I noticed immediately and it did not hurt my ears like it kind of use to in the past.

Jay Kordich Comment – I have a TREMENDOUS amount of respect and gratitude for Jay Kordich because I go WAAAAAY back with that man. 30 years ago my father and I went to his Juiceman seminars that he would have in Seattle and have a WONDERFUL time of learning and fun. Then my father got so excited about it that we became distributors of his juicer and had juice parties at our house in Kingston. So, I just want to CONFIRM all the words that you said about Jay was CORRECT! I find it amazing at how healthy and young he looks now and that just gives me proof and inspiration to never give up on my health! Thank you once again Kevin! and “hello” to Ann Marie!! Gayle Waxon from Seattle

54. Emerald says:

Hi, Kevin — Your show today was GREAT! And I was amused re: the theme music ‘contest’ that I wasn’t aware of in time to vote. Being honest, your song used to grate on my nerves daily. All the time I thought it was the song, only to find out today it was the VOLUME! Now that you turned it down I actually like it (smile).

Regarding listening more to our elders I can also smile because me, myself & I are all about to reach 72, which I find hard to believe myself because I don’t FEEL like 72! I was sharing with a friend recently that I discovered about a decade ago that the cliche ‘age is just a number’ is REALLY true, especially after about 60. That’s because 60 seems to be a definitive point where most people reap either the benefits or the havoc from how they did or did not take care of their personal health.

I’ve stayed in touch and visited back & forth with most of my friends from the early 1960’s who are spread all over the map. Beginning about 5 years ago the sands began to shift. There were heart attacks, strokes, hip & knee replacements & every other imaginable surgery or disease. The worst was a year ago when I lost two of the closest friends within 4 weeks of each other — one died of a stroke and the other of cancer. I was devastated!!

Oddly enough, during the same time period, or actually earlier at age 50 I made a serious about-face decision and chose to become vegetarian, which evolved into vegan which evolved into vegan raw. By now I’m SURE my old friends think I’ve LOST IT because my diet is so ‘weird.’ However, I learned that ANOTHER cliche became true –“I’m not getting older, I’m getting better!” Without exaggeration I can swear to feeling better today than I did at age 50!

The adventure BEGAN at my 65th birthday when I took my first skydive in the Australian outback; at 66 I took my first bungey-jump at the original, very first site in New Zealand; which led to a whole RANGE of adventure since then, including zip-lining; snorkeling the Great Barrier Reef & other wonderful sites; hot-air ballooning in the mountains; parasailing in Fiji; riding an electric bronco bull at an Aussie Muster (rodeo) and most recently climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge to the top. If I were 10 years younger I’d pursue wingsuiting off the cliffs of Norway. Check it out on YouTube, if you haven’t seen it.

The bottom line is: “You’re as old as you FEEL!” And my point in going into all of this for you ‘young things’ out there in cyberspace is to verify you are among the 5% of the young population out there who are taking their health seriously enough to go to this kind of investigation and effort! And it WILL pay off in roses!

Although they are younger than I and not MY elders, in my experience, Brian and Anna Maria Clement are indeed among the most healthy, vibrant, dedicated and loving people I’ve met in their age bracket (I don’t know their ages for sure). Everyone who has met Brian has probably wondered ‘does he or does he NOT add color to his hair?’ but no one so far as I know has had the guts to ask!! LOL

Their mission is all about making a difference for the global population so that they can REACH their elder years, which I suspect is closely aligned with your mission, Kevin, as WELL! So just think how far you can GO, given your early beginning! The sky is indeed the LIMIT. You GO! Kevin

55. Tom says:

I voted to reduce the volume. Love the Egyptian
    sound and love the show!

56. Christy says:

Hi Kevin and AnnMarie,
    I just logged onto the video and said to myself, “the volume sounds lower”! Lo and behold that was my suggestion, and then you told us that indeed you did lower the volume. Thanks! I think that should be nicer for most everyone!
    Again thanks!
    Christy

57. Jana says:

I’ve been reading Susun Weed’s book on breast health this month and I am so impressed with her knowledge! She seems to be on the same page as y’all in so very many ways, yet, she’s arrived at many different conclusions. Yogurt, for example, is something she’s especially fond of. She’s been writing newsletters for almost a decade and they’re all posted on her website. I plan to read them all. I’m also a huge fan of Kris Carr. I’m just so curious about both of these women being so knowledgeable, both living in Woodstock, yet arriving at fairly significant different opinions about food. Hope you get both of them in your library of interviews.

re the theme song — what an unusual result! how funny

58. Emily says:

I believe you should evolve your theme song into a sound that is energetic and soulful. Until you are ready to change however, the lowered volume is much appreciated.

Tony DeGeorge who recently passed away at age 85 years old due to an accident on the treadmill unfortunately was truly an inspiration of health, vitality and all around good human being. It was my pleasure and honor to know him.

59. donna says:

you are friggin adorable today…looking great! i’ve noticed a few common things among the many youthful seniors I’ve known. Their diets and personal habits vary, but they all seem to have an optimistic world view, someone to love, a purpose, and a spirit of generosity. They volunteer and/or keep working and stay physically active. They are willing to share what they’ve seen, done and learned. They have nothing to prove, but lots to give. I especially love to see “ancient” couples acting like they just fell in love yesterday.

60. Sandi Seegert says:

A former client of mine – Mr. R Newberger. He’ll be 107 this coming July!

61. Kevin says:

not everyone would consider him a “health expert” but, Anthony Robbins and his LIVNG HEALTH series really opened my eyes to health.

62. Linda Miller says:

I have many “heros in the raw food world. I greatly admire Charlotte Gerson. I saw her in person in 2003 and was amazed at her skin although she has lost a lot of hair up front. At that same time I met Dr. Lorraine Day. She looked so much younger than her age, my sister and I were looking for signs of face lift surgery. George Malkmus is a fireball of energy. But my very favorite, although she is much younger than these people is Tonya Zavasta. She looks great, does intense research into anything she writes, and is a great inspiration and motivator.

63. Rockon says:

64. Rockon says:

65. Maggie says:

My friend Ruth is 86, walks vigorously 2 miles every day,(does her rowing machine most days, too) into gardening and composting, makes her own bread, juices and dehydrates, always learning and expanding her mind, very strong positive Christian, has friends of all ages, very optomistic, vegetarian since age 55, was formerly a professional photographer and still practices this art,and much more. I just love being around her. I am always encouraged and uplifted by her enthusiasm for life and consider her a role model. By the way, music or not, your show is great! Thanks for all your hard work.

66. Maggie says:

One question for you. Can you (or have you already?)do a segment where you tell us exactly which specific blood tests are the most beneficial? Thanks!

67. Kris says:

Jack Lalanne–hands down, most inspiring. I’m glad people mentioned Cheri Soria (she looks fabulous) and Susun Weed (had no idea she’s over 70)–great role models.

PS-I voted pro on the theme song, although I honestly don’t care–I’m here for your excellent content. You can play what you want!! Keep up the great work.

68. Muriel says:

Love the lower volume, great adjustment! Thanks!
    Have many role models who inspire me. I am 70 myself and enjoy life more than ever before in my younger years.
    An attitude of gratitude goes a long way into staying healthy and keeping engaged fully in life.
    The golden rules of the bible are a great roadmap along the yellow brick road of life.
    Maranatha(L0L)

69. Jill says:

I like the change in volume. ( :

70. Jan says:

Thanks for all your hard work.
    I have learned so much from your show.

71. Jill says:

My mother I admire. She is 87 years old and still gets around great. She eats anything she wants but what I have noticed through out her life is she believes in balance. Balanced portions, balanced variety of food and she loves being out doors and says it is important to keep moving body.

72. Amy says:

Thanks for lowering the volume on the intro and for another awesome show! 🙂

73. Shankari Rise says:

I started adding Frozen organic broccoli, spinach, or peas to my morning smoothies and they still taste great! I came up with this on my own and now I see others suggesting adding veggies and greens to our smoothies! Great minds…Thanks for your encouraging website!

74. Kristine says:

Jack Lalanne. Go Jack! Also, Dr. Gabriel Cousens. I am reading his book, Spiritual Nutrition, which is awesome. I recently noted that Dr. Cousens is in his mid-60s as is Dr. Johnny Bowden a nutritionist who takes 50 supplements a day! He may be healthy, but he looks easily 10 years older than Dr. Cousens…

75. Barbara says:

I hesitate to post this because this person isn’t exactly a raw foodist, but she is a person I admire. I know you are open minded and might be intersting in learning more about her. She is a Ph.D and RD. Her name is Marilyn Joyce. She has a very interesting life story of how she beat cancer several times through diet and attitude.

76. David Smelser says:

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for lowering the volume!! I hate having to plug my ears or change the volume. That is a peve I have with radio stations, It really bugs me that they don’t standardize the volume so that when you change stations you have the same volume. One wonders why the radio manufacturers don’t make your volume setting a general level of output instead of the level of amplification of the incomming signal. I watch you all the time and appreciate the fact that you are promoting others on your show. I don’t know if you get compensation from them, but it does not matter because we your listeners gain a wider base of knowledge because of it.

77. Robin says:

Ok, I have a doctor’s appointment next Monday, and I am convinced that I need a thorough blood test as you describe. But what do I ask for? Just say, “I want a blood test”?

Also, I live in Jackson, Mississippi, and have not been able to find a doctor who isn’t ivnested in the SAD way of life. What should I do??????

Thanks, Kevin!!!

Robin

78. David Smelser says:

Hello again,
    I also wanted to mention that I bought your Ocean Grown gallon and am excited about using it. My wheat grass that I sprouted myself got moldy so I bought a flat at Whole Foods and decided to water with the Ocean Grown from below so the grass would not get wet. I bought an automotive drip pan for the garage put the Ocean Grown in the pan (about 1.5 Qt.)then set the flat in the pan. It immediately soaked up all and in the morning there was a drop of water on the tip of each blade. How cool is that? I think the grass loved the minerals so much that they pumped as much water through the leaf as they could to get the maximum minerals.

79. Susie says:

I think Dr. Jonny Bowden (love him!), Dr. Al Sears, Dr. Barry Sears, Dr. Joe Mercola and Jon Barron all look fantastic.

I’ll have what they’re having!

80. I must say that I personally very impressed with Lou Corona who is almost 60 years old. He is on 100% raw VEGAN lifestyle for 35 years and doesn’t have any deficiencies, his blood is perfect and he looks at least 20 years younger for his age.He just knows how to eat raw food right.

81. Genevieve says:

I like the lower volume, and I agree with those who said that it would be good to change the music once in a while.

When I lived in Switzerland, I found there were many healthy older people who amazed me. They ate healthy, walked a lot, took supplements and very few–if any–meds.

82. Paul says:

Nutritionist and health expert Gary Null once told me another way to store fresh juice besides it being air tight is to add some vitamin C and Lemon to the juice and it will stay longer

Music sounds much better at a lower tone

Paul

83. Stephanie says:

Dr. Patty Stephens: http://www.drpattystephens.com/ (Austin, TX). She’s helped me so much in my learning to deal with my emotions in the present – the only place I can deal with them – and get more in touch with my “self.” This, in turn, is also helping me learn what I want to be when I “grow myself up” – at age 39! I seriously don’t know how old she is, but just by the amount of life experience she draws from she’s gotta be in her 60s. Positive, spiritual, engaged with her community and the world. She’s truly amazing.

84. Britt says:

Lowering the volume was perfect! I voted to keep the song, because it’s kinda your trademark now….just like Angela singing for the Raw Food World TV show. Whenever I hear a gong I think of you now!!! hehe 🙂

85. Amy says:

The lower volume helped tremendously!!! Thanks

86. Kathy says:

You said it could be a non health related person, so I am going to say Buzz Aldrin. How cute was he on Dancing with the Stars. He is in his 80’s and walked on the Moon and is still in great shape.

87. Susan says:

My grandmother(my mom’s mom) so lived till 100 year and a few weeks. Right now in my life my Dad will be 90 in September and is healthy, but he has hip problems and that doesn’t stop him from getting around. So when I need advice, I call him and his wife and my daughter and I even go down to Santa Cruz. We get along very well and we do things with them and all there friends. Some people come and ask him things too.

88. cindy says:

Jack Lalanne

89. Sharon says:

The blonde fruitarian woman in Raw For Life looks stunning for her age. My grandma looked pretty good too and lived to be 93. Maybe not a hot model type but she was slim and her brain was all there. She never over-ate but just had small portions. I’m sure if she had eaten more raw foods she’d still be alive today. We put so much emphasis on what to eat but there’s certainly something to be said for portion control too!

Tonya Zavasta sounds amazing in this regard too. She doesn’t eat after 2pm! I need to read her books!

I think the music suits your personality. Full of energy. Please don’t give us some slow spiritual type stuff. Be true to yourself! We all have volume controls on our computers so don’t pay attention to the whining, LOL!

90. iam says:

Considering what I have put this bod thru, at 60 I feel very healthy.

91. MARI says:

Raymond Francis, heard him speak (was free) and was very impressed. bought his book, healed himself from debilitation through natural diet & real supplements. Does his research (not all raw either). He looks real healthy also over 60. Brian Clement is very knowledgeable, does his research, & amazing healing at the Hippacrates Center, but I don’t think he looks that healthy, although he travels all over the world almost weekly, that has to take a toll on one.

92. Allison says:

Sorry, Kev had to comment on one of the things you said. Pitbulls are not naturally aggressive. They are only that way when trained as such. They are awesome loving dogs when in the hands of a compassionate dog lover!

93. john says:

Great show Kevin . Thank you for lowering your introduction music to your show.As for the high priests of longevity, These proven older people who must be part turtle (joke). I admire some that come to mind are Jay Kordich, Jack Lalane , Fred Bisci, Charlotte Gerson,Richard Schulz,and Honorable Mention-Doctor Norman Walker, and His Wife.And several in my blood line deceased peacefully at 102-106years of age mostly women. All dead some 25 years ago.All with very strong Biblical and Godly moral values and Lived it every day ,they all loved thy neighbor as thy self, however some were meat eaters but ate in moderation, none were fat .They cooked their food well.Only one was a strict vegetarian and he died years ago,almost 100 .I can only wonder Had the rest of them been vegetarians or vegan how much longer they would still live?

94. Cindy Alvarez says:

Jack LaLanne is the greatest example of health I think for his age, which I think is 94. Wow! He’s amazing. I watched him on TV when I was a little girl.

95. Jack Glottman says:

Roy Haynes is at 85 playing the drums better than anyone, with loads of stamina. don’t know what he eats, but he’s incredible and has the energy of a 3 year old.

96. Nancy S says:

Michael Pollan

97. Dr. Martin Loftin, DC says:

Dr. David Carmos is an inspiration to me. Due to his influence, I became a vegetarian 22 years ago. David was born in 1941, and has been a vegetarian since he was a teenager. As a young man, he became good friends with the health pioneer Paul Bragg, and his daughter Patricia. Patricia owns the business started by her father, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos and Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar. David Carmos has been speaking of health, and writing books, for a very long time. He walked in the circles of the greats, such Ann Wigmore, Michio Kushi, Paul and Patricia Bragg, and was friends with them, but never seemed to reach their level of fame/notoriety. David still travels around doing talks and writing books. I hope one day he will become as well known as the other health pioneers.

98. Sandy Jo says:

Great show Kevin! Plus, the music sounds much better at a lower volume. Thanks!

99. Elaine says:

Our son taught us how to eat healthy in our 50’s, he did all the research for himself and told us about raw food. There are no healthy people in our family and we had never heard of these things before. We just ate what everybody else did and couldn’t believe him at first, thought he was off his rocker. We are thankful for shows like this to help people with no role models in their own lives, and now we hope to become role models for our grandchildren.

100. Elizabeth says:

When I lived in Germany, the older people were very active. Although they do like their sausage and beer, they are always biking and hiking. In the woods behind my house, there were signs telling how long it took to hike certain trails. The people who time them are a group of old women, and they walked every trail way faster than I could! And I walk fast!

101. Kathy says:

Laura Brownwood. She is now 63 looks fabulous, is amazingly positive and supports all of those around her. Check out her website: http://www.the-beachhouse.com/ She has just started a 28 day lifestyle change program to help each of us convert to her healthy lifestyle.

102. Jamie Koonce says:

You are right on in this video, Kevin. As a health care practitioner, I am quite young (and look even younger than I really am), which makes some people question whether I can truly help them reverse dis-ease and achieve optimal health since people my age tend to look and feel generally healthy anyway even if they are not living a lifestyle of longevity. I don’t offer up my own made-up advice simply based upon my own experiences, however. In my individual and group health coaching programs, I combine Traditional Chinese Medicine with Modern Functional Biochemistry Diagnostics to help my clients achieve vibrant health. Chinese Medicine is based upon more than merely anecdotal tips from individual centenarians; rather, it is based upon hundreds of thousands of case studies throughout the past 2,000 years. It’s an extremely complex medical system which grew out of ancient Taoist alchemy. The ancient Taoists who were searching for ultimate qi cultivation and an elixir of eternal life also believed that GRAINS lead to a shortened life span. Can you think of any really old and healthy people who consume mostly grains, as the USDA food pyramid instructs us to do?

103. Thanks Kevin for the info about juicing and answering the many questions.

Jack LaLanne who I met at Expo West when he spoke there a number of years ago.

Also, a woman I know personally and have met, who is in her fifth decade and looks incredible is Tonya Zavasta http://www.beautifulonraw.com

You can visit my blog http://www.rawsomegal.wordpress.com and read about my 42 day cleanse using coconut water and stevia which I completed mid-January. I have also written about my transition back to food. I continue to write about health related topics and post once or twice a week (depending on how busy I am). To read about my cleanse from day 1, click on December 2009. Share this with others who may be interested and I love to receive comments. You can also subscribe so you will always receive the latest posts in you email inbox.

Namaste!
    Chef Mindy aka Ageless Raw Beauty

104. MsRoss says:

I missed the music vote. I would have voted please change it! I always turn my volume OFF
    until I see Kevin talking. UGH! If we’re stuck with it, lowering the volume and shortening the duration is better than nothing. (wish my vote would have made it 51% !) A choice not in a flat scale would be great.
    I go to a Homeopathic doctor who has ordered blood workup on me before when it was needed. Thank you for the counsel and good reminder that I should have it done again as a check up.

105. Susan Bessette says:

Cherie Soria.
    And my mom. At 85 I still can’t keep up with her, and she does NONE of this raw vegan stuff. But she is very active, gardens, a devoted worker at church, positive attitude.
    I am very impressed Jay K. However, my top of the line twin gear juicer is a pain to use and clean, therefore I don’t use it as often. I am going to buy one of those evil centrifuges. I’m more likely to use it daily.
    Oh, love the lowered volume. I used to put it on mute until you started talking.

106. Courtney says:

I agree: Tonya Zavasta, Lillian Muller, Karen Calabrese, Cherie Soria, Donna Gates, Doug Graham, Gabriel Cousens, Loren Lockman, Brian Clement, etc., all look amazing for their age.

Another “hero” of mine who looks AMAZING is Deb Crowley, who has been doing facial exercises for 30 years. Her website is at http://www.flexeffect.com, and here is a youtube video of her at age 61: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3VpSOeJPc . She doesn’t do raw or anything even close to that, but imagine if she did! Then she would probably look in her 20’s, instead of mid to late 30’s!!

Kevin and Annmarie, I totally think you should interview Deb Crowley on facial exercise for your “Fitness Friday’s” TV show. I think that would make for a very interesting and super-popular edition of the Renegade Health Show. Hint, hint 😉

107. Peggy says:

Thank you so much for turning down the volume. I voted “NO” when only the shocking initial blast was irritating. So I skewed the results. I think your theme is perfect. Upbeat, unique, snappy. I am happy you will continue to use it…in it’s new range.

I agree with others who have said we watch because of the vast well-researched information you so generously share with us. The daily motivation we receive from both you and Annemarie is priceless!

108. Roberta McMillian says:

THANK YOU! KEEP BEING EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE! DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING! WE LEARN MORE AS YOU LEARN MORE AND WE ALL LOVE AND TEACH EACH OTHER.

109. Sherri says:

The song is much better at a lower volume 🙂

Karen Calabrese is one person I admire a lot.
    Excellent Business woman, RawFood, Real, Down to earth, non-judgmental… Enjoy listening to her.

I know 2 outstandingly active, vibrant, on the go men. One is 67, other 69

#One plays golf… walks very hilly courses 3+ days a week, in freezing or 110 degrees… always going in other areas also.

#Two, Plays racket ball and is on the ladder scale at his gym, and is on the top much of the time, out plays 25-30 yr old males much of the time and he jogs 3+ days… always on the go.

They are not raw foodists but they they do eat a pretty good diet of fish, veggies, and lighter foods. Neither get ill very often, just good health over all. I’ve known them well for 10+ yrs. Both are light hearted, good all around, and love to play. They also hang around the younger people more. I think because the older ones are dead minded…

I can’t name 1 woman (that I know personaly) that is near that way..?
    So far!

110. Cherie says:

Jack LaLane and his wife.

111. Gwen says:

I noticed right away when you turned down the volume and the volume is perfect now.

I think Jack LaLanne and Cheri Soria look fantasic.

112. Jill says:

I would definitely have to say my grandma (mom’s mom) she is 80 and still going strong! No health problems except having to have her knee replaced some years ago! Thanks for turning down the volume of the theme song, it makes it a lot more bearable for me. 🙂

113. Adrienne says:

I am a little late posting, but i didnt dislike or like the theme music, i was fine with it for the most part. however, i love that the volume of it has been turned down. It was always esp hard on my ear drums when i had headphones on, i would end up pulling my head phone off in a frenzy.

So thanks Kevin for lowing the intro volume!

114. Laura Sholtz says:

Your music is great! Volume perfect. Glad you aren’t changing your theme song.

Thanks for your info!