Is it OK to Remove the Fiber When You Juice – The Renegade Health Show Episode #528

Thursday Mar 18 | BY |

Today, Jay Kordich (the JuiceDaddy) explains if it’s OK to remove the fiber from your vegetables when you juice…

As a rule, I like to look to our health elders for information.

Why? Because at my age, how can I really know if something works or not? LOL!

People like Jay Kordich, Charlotte Gerson, John Diamond, Fred Bisci and others are living examples of what works.

So…. naturally we should listen to them!

Here’s a living legend…

Your question of the day: How are you chewing your food?

To find out more from Linda and Jay Kordich, please visit this website… http://www.juicedaddy.com

1. Rui says:

BY FaRRRR the best interview that makes alot of sense!!! Great stuff Kevin

2. Leam says:

Wow – did he say 86?! What a lively fellow.

I often watch those around me do as Mr. Kordich related; inhale a mouthful and almost immediately swallow. This has always bothered me. Although, I think I could chew my food for even longer.

3. Yasmine says:

Hi Annmarie,

I know this is not the subject of the show, but I wanted to know if you had thought of making your lip balm in a stick instead of a tray. Sometimes our fingers are not always clean, so it would be better I think to have it in a stick, so you don’t have to touch it before putting it on your lips.

Take care and as always, I love your show.

4. Paul says:

Jay forgot to tell us how to store our fresh juices???? :((((((

Great job Kev on the interview with Jay

Paul

5. I am guessing I am chewing my food most of the time well. I learned to slow down my eating.
    Thanks for having Jay on the show a great motivator for juicing.

6. Geri says:

after this video more slowly.

7. Isabelle says:

Kevin! that was one of the best interviews yet. I have been blending til now but am ordering the Omega Vert juicer I have been wanting… that is a DONE deal thanks to you & Jay…wow, if he
    s86, he’s a great example to follow!
    Thank you for another great show!
    Isabelle
    PS I had Annmarie’s DELICIOUS cabbage recipe with avocado sauce for dinner…lovely!!

8. Lisa says:

Great interview! Jay said there was only one way to store juice. Did he ever tell you? Thanks Kevin for the interview and all of the great work you do?

9. Patricia says:

He’s so informative and inspiring! And so are you! Thanks!

10. Lisa says:

Oops should be exclamation mark after last sentence.

11. Lisa says:

Ditto on the stick for the lip balm!

I could definitely chew my food better than I do. Something to work on 🙂

Thanks as always for your great show.

12. Alyse says:

Ditto on great interview with Jay – he has incredible vitality for his age and great wisdom about juicing – he studied with the best! I would like to know how we can store fresh juice and keep the nutrients alive without oxidation. I’ve heard Jay say before that you can freeze a thermos and put fresh juice in that for later use during the day. I’d like to know if that is still his opinion or if there is another way?

Thanks again, and the cabbage slaw recipe is wonderful!

13. Karen says:

That was a very informative interview. Thank you!

14. Elizabeth says:

I don’t chew my foof long enough.
    We all want to know how to store the juice?!
    I just got my Omega Vert Juicer on Tuesday!
    Love it!

15. Elizabeth says:

oops….don’t chew my FOOD long enough..lol

16. Gina Maria says:

I want to know the same thing storing fresh juice without oxidation

Thanks

17. Jana says:

I’d like to hear about his comments on storing juice also. I’d also like to know if he agrees with information I read a long time ago about cabbage juice — that it should never be stored due to exceptionally fast oxidation compared to other veggies. …and oxidation of juice is bad because…. ??? Great interview kev

18. Heather says:

I have beeen pondering this fiber question, since starting to juice a few weeks ago. At first I tried to find recipes for all the pulp, but realized we could never consume it fast enough, so much like he said, perhaps throughout 5+ juicing sessions, I might consume the pulp from one juicing. Great to hear the thoughts from someone who has been at this for awhile. Mike Adams echoed a simular sentiment about not needing to put all this vegetable fiber through the body’s digestive system, but added it might not be a bad idea to eat the fruit fiber, especially apple for the cancer fighting nutritive value.

Juicing is helping curb my food cravings, keeps me from feeling bloated, delivers lots of live nutrients, and keeps the energy flow going smoothly. I’m getting hooked…when I miss a day or two, cravings for fresh veggie juice kick in strong.

Around 2 years ago my diet was usually 80-90% cooked. Nowadays, I am just not satiated unless it is in the 50-90% raw range. Proof that taste is maleable and can be improved with genuine nourishment.

I don’t always chew each bite 40 times….aaagh! I have been known to fluctuate from devouring wolf to miss maxi juicemaster, based on the momentary conscientious mood.

19. Interesting interview! But does anyone know how the assimilation rates are determined?

It seems counter intuitive to remove the fiber from plant foods though … like it’s too much processing and altering the food too much …

20. Mike Snyder says:

Great interview! What is the one and only way to store fresh juice? Jay said he was going to tell you but I don’t think he gave an answer.

21. Heyward says:

totally disagree with ‘apple is compatible with all fruits and vegetables’ apple gives me a stomach ache.

In my kitchen, lemon is king. Lemon makes everything tastes good. Plus, it sloooowwws down oxidation- you sprinkle lemon juice on an apple to prevent it from turning brown, right? Works the same way when you juice. Juice the lemon first, and then the spinach, parsley, bok choy, carrots, whatever.

22. Heyward says:

god I love lemons. They’re flipping magical. I can juice an entire thing bunch of spinach, celery, AND kale- put in just use HALF of a lemon? Bingo. It still tastes sweet.

Irish lemonade, I call it.

23. Koa says:

Great interview and you’re getting awfully cute, Kevin.

24. barry says:

hi keven? I just got the news that I have parkinson’s.I was wondering if you know of annything that would slow it down or reverse it?LOVE watching you’r show thats queston 1/ 2nd question is have you herd of or taken [mms] and what is you’re openion.Thanks for all your info on youre site.LOVE you guys barry.

25. Karen says:

I catch myself inhaling my food sometimes. I have to stop and remind myself. I hadn’t heard about Jay Kordich before – thanks for introducing us.

26. Kuru says:

I chew until my food is mush, and that’s a lot of chewing! It’s especially poignant to chew after fasting; the prana in the food just bursts forth with every ecstatic crunch. My colon therapist gives me a hard time if she sees I’m not chewing enough! The trick is just to make enough time and get into it. And don’t forget to chew your juice as Dr. Walker told us. Oh, and the pulp? Give it to the plants; they’ll thrive too, so we can thrive more!

27. Jackie says:

Juicing is ok, but I like chewing my food. I like all the textures. Sorry, just my view.

28. Ed Bogusz says:

sorry to biforcate the question order but your intro music is a perfect intro.

29. Charlie says:

Wow! Jay Kordich- the Juiceman himself! I have been a fan of Jay’s since college in ’98 when I first saw his infomercial and big, beautiful eyebrows- LOL! and then bought it. $150 was a lot to spend in college as everyone looked at me like I was nuts, but was well worth it as it’s the juicer I still use today.

He is one of the most genuine health leaders in my eyes. I would think most people would think that it’s remarkable that he is 86, but when you take care of yourself as he does, it’s expected to look and sound that good at that age. Thanks for bringing Jay to the scene Kevin.

Cheers to the Juiceman!

30. Andrew Casson says:

Great video!

I’ve been juicing a lot more recently & have really notice a difference in my energy levels.

I’d really like to know Jays advice for storing juice.

31. Emerald says:

Ditto on wishing we could find out Jay’s “one and only way” to store juice. Wonderful interview, Kevin. He’s an amazing pioneer of juicing and it certainly appears to have paid off for him! I follow his method of “chewing juices” before I swallow them–especially wheatgrass juice (which gives it a sweeter taste). I follow the Ann Wigmore method of chewing whole food — until it is reduced to a cream. At first it seemed to take a long time but now I just don’t notice. It makes a HUGE difference in comfortable digestion, as well as a relaxing meal!

32. Emerald says:

P.S. to previous — Noted someone wondered how Jay gets his fiber. I used to have his entire tape program and recall he said he calls himself a “fruitarian”, i.e. he juices all his vegetables and eats most of his fruit whole — for the fiber. I think apple is pretty much the only fruit he juices. You might ask him about that?

33. Greg says:

Hey Kevin,
    I kept waiting for him to talk about storing juice properly. Did he ever tell you how to do that? Please get back to us on that one and let us know. Hope to hear an answer soon. Thanks and great interview.

34. andy says:

I`ve been told that the way to store raw juice is to fill the bottle to the very top till it spills over into your catch container and drink the overflow at once. Then cap the the full container, and since there is no air in the bottle it will last. How long, I don`t know. Stay young everyone! Andy

35. Ryan says:

I have someone else chew my food first to get it started, then I finish the job.

36. Monique says:

yes, please tell us what he said about storing juice! Great interview as always. 🙂

37. Trish says:

How to store juices:
    From the Juicedaddy downloadable manual.
    Q. After we juice, can we store our juices?
    A. As I said in the last answer, it’s imperative you drink your juices
    immediately, however there is one safe way you can do it. If you
    want to bring juice to work with you, or must store your juice after
    juicing, try this: moisten the inside of a stainless steel thermos with
    water and put it in the freezer overnight. Before going to work, make
    your juice and put it directly into the cold thermos. Make sure you
    don’t fill it too high, as with freezing it may expand. Your fresh juice will
    be fresh for up to eight hours this way.

38. Nancy S says:

Thanks for doing that interview Kevin. You really are wonderful for providing this information to us. However, Jay Kordich didn’t explain the best way to store juices… was that part cut out? I would be really interested in hearing that, too.

39. Julie says:

What does Jay think is the “only way to store juice”? I really really want to know!!

Thanks!

40. Nick says:

I’ve gone from gulp-gulp-swallow to chew! chew! chew-chew-chew like a choo choo train. After decades of mostly SAD cooked “living” where the cooking breaks down the food for you so all you gotta do is gulp-gulp-swallow. Then our digestive tracts have atrophied (weakened) over I dunno how many generation of cooking our personal gooses. So when going raw it’s as if we gotta learn how to eat all over again. But we gotta teach ourselves. We’ll either find ourselves chewing more & more &… or choking on, or just finding too large of particles getting stuck in our throats. Then we begin to understand, stand under even, that digestion begins in the mouth, takes place at least thru most all of the alimentary canal, & not just in the stomach & small intestine.

41. JulieD says:

At least I’m chewing my smoothies!!

42. Jennie says:

I have recently made a big push to include more veggies and more raw food in my diet. So I, too, am training myself to chew endlessly. Pleasant at home, but hard at work when I have only left myself 15 min to eat a full meal!

I think juicing is not so good, but still much better than most people eat- especially seniors who might not have their own teeth. He looks great, and I guess I will find out in another 45 years whether or not I should have taken his advice.

43. john says:

Kevin on a scale of 1-10 , I am giving him my highest rating 10+!!!.This Proven 86 year old brute, Mr.Jay Kordich and every point he made and explained, I whole heartedly agree with him conclusively. He even gave mention to Dr.Norman Walker. This man Jay Kordich I feel has a lot of volumes of life extension expertise in living a vital long life correctly with energy to boot ,especially in this dispensation of times we currently live in now.-May the God in the heavens continue to Bless and Protect Jay Kordich. He is a real testimony and a blessing to people who are searching for the TRUTH .His mind is very sharp and he covers so much when he speaks.And tells the truth HONESTLY—TRUTHFUL AND HONEST I LOVE THAT IN ANY ONE!!! Please Kevin need more interviews from Jay to pick his golden nuggets of truth stored away in his mind.–Thankyou

44. john says:

ps.For the question of the day .I really do need to chew my salads longer.

45. Susan says:

This interview got me to dust off my Juiceman, Jr and make a glass of carrot and apple juice. Boy, was it good! I am definitely going to get back to juicing.
    I enjoyed watching some of Jay’s YouTube videos from his website.
    Thanks for the great interview!

46. nick says:

I need to chew my food slower but I do drink my juice especially wheetgrass pretty slow. I think a big problem is that we often are talking with people when we eat so we tend to rush and swallow quickly so we can talk. It is a good idea not to talk when eating to make it easier to slow down.

47. jackie says:

Kevin, I’d love to see you do a comparison between the Juiceman’s juicer and the one Mike Adams recommends (the Huron? forgot the name). Also would like to know the best way to store juice….was that deleted from the interview by mistake? Another great show; thank you!

48. Betsy says:

Hi Kevin,

You still have not tell us how much those boxes of fruits cost you. By the way, is this gentleman 80 yrs old. He looks great. Thx.

49. Cherie says:

Bring on part 2 with how to properly store juice!

50. imlivingandlearning says:

@#18- Lisa

Mr. Kordich isn’t advocating juicing EXCLUSIVELY. He is stating the fact that it is a NATURAL way to ADD a necessary “boost” to the nourishment we ALL need because we ALL live in an adulterated, nutritionally impoverished environment (unfortunate state of affairs for the Earth, currently). Neither Mr. Kordich nor K&AM would promote juicing exclusively for good health so you don’t have to view it as taking something away from the inherent goodness of whole foods. If you listened to what Jay said, his message was to have a mechanism for making MORE nutrients available from the healthful foods we eat.

Yes Kevin, we would like to hear Mr. Kordich’s recommendation for the only effective way to store freshly extracted juice. You will clearly have to bow to the requests of the many here who took the time to post! 😉 Thank you for including him in your interviews. I do agree he is one wonderful living example!

51. Maggie says:

Ooops! I’m one of those people who eat and run and definitely need to sloooooow down. Thanks for the reminder. Ditto to all the requests about how to store fresh juices. Great interview!

52. Ellie says:

Hi, Kevin,
    I am really confused wit fiber myth. A lot of experts say that fiber is really not good for us. What do you think?

53. Susan Bessette says:

Jay’s basic premise does not make sense. How can we “need” 12-20# of plant life when that has never been done, ever in human development?
    I do agree about chewing foods thoroughly, and I am guilty of not doing that.
    Jay looks great! but so does my mother who is the same age and eats SAD, albeit all homemade and from her garden. Paul and Julia Child each lived to be 92, as did my father-in-law, my grandfathers, and many others.
    How can I argue raw vegan health to my mother who is 86 and has more energy than me?
    P.S. I DO juice and want to get a new juicer that is easier to clean than my twin gear – so I would use it more. Now I mainly use VitaMix because it is so easy.

54. Jim says:

Love his mad scientist eyebrows!

55. Medkid says:

I’m sorry but that was a very poor interview, not that you really did anything wrong, but this guy was just extremly uninteresting!
    I don’t mind vegans, but come up with a better argument than: the meat is dead+ animals eat plants! – plants are also dead (they are not still growing)+ animals also eat animals!
    And then he wasted a lot of time telling us things that even small children know; like plants produce oxygen. Congrats! – sry. I generally like the show, and when I saw that several people had praised this episode, I just wanted to let you know, that some (or at least one) viewer would rather have you interview more interesting people – mike adams and the sproutman was good 😀

btw. are you still trying to get a interview with that raw paleo guy.. whats his name?

56. imlivingandlearning says:

@45.Susan Besette

“How can I argue raw vegan health … ?”

Sad unfair reality is that some people get to their “result” BECAUSE OF and some, IN SPITE OF. Yeah, it could be frustrating if you do the comparison thing. Best approach I’ve seen is only compare to yourself. 🙂

57. Joan says:

Another great interview! He never got around to how to store…but I believe we should consume as quickly as possibly while fresh. I like to add apple to my fresh extracted juices as well as my green smoothies – the pectin is great for digestion and elimination…I eat too fast, something I need to work on – chew each bite longer!

58. Kat says:

I don’t chew enough, but I’m consciously trying to improve. I’m still working on re-training myself…my tongue just automatically wants to push the food down before I’m ready, like it has a mind of its own – very frustrating!!

Great interview – Jay is awesome! I wish I had time to juice 4 or 5 times a day…I blend way more than I juice. (I want to hear his ‘how to store juice’ advice too.)

59. Deborah says:

HOW TO STORE FRESH JUICE so it doesn’t oxidize (as quickly) —

— from one of Jay’s DVD’s that I purchased from him — simply FILL THE CONTAINER TO THE TOP! If the juice doesn’t quite reach the top of the jar or container, add water to fill. Then put in fridge.

That’s it, lol! Simple. :o)

60. Ellen says:

Loved this interview! I also want to know the best way to store juice! I’m currently on day 4 of a “juice feast” where I’m only drinking juice throughout the day and no solid food (trying to flood my system to rid it of an infection), so a gallon of freshly made juice – mostly greens and not fruit – throughout the day! I thought I’d be starving, but I feel great! But did question the best way to store juice, because I make it in the morning, drink a lot first thing, then store the rest in ball jars in the fridge.
    Thanks Kevin!

61. Ed (Pine and Prairie Trading Post) says:

Great interview. I was on board with just about every thing he said. One thing though. Your body needs fiber. Some of the toxins in your large intestine attach themselves to fiber to pass through the body. So don’t cut it out completely.

62. Chris has a collapsed septum and makes it hard to breathe n eat. He rushes through the meal just so he can breathe again. Hard to habit to break, but the shock collar seems to be working. Who says you cant teach an old dog new tricks! LOL. He says GREAT REMINDER. I say smaller bites….

I chew mine longer than him, but prolly still not long enough. THANKS for aiding in my digestion guys!

Love ya!

C&S

63. And of course,

“How do you store the juices????”

Just kiddin. Im sure you saw ALL the other reminders.
    Shoots Kev, you cant get away with any slippin… WERE ALL ON YA!!!!

AAAAhhhhhhhhhh…….

64. Larry says:

I first went to a JuiceMan seminar around 1990 in NJ somewhere.
    I bought one of his machines and have been juicing – off and on – since.
    Now I use a Blend Tec or our Breville.
    Believe it or not… I get the most use out of my “Magic Bullet”.
    I use that one every morning when I mix up my powders into a smoothie with Almond Milk.

65. Beth says:

Wonderful interview with Jay.
    How inspiring it is to see him so energetic, clear, and eloquent at the young age of 86.
    After listening / watching Jay, I’m going to chew my food much better, and for longer periods. I have been working on it, but there is definitely room for improvement.

66. Andrew says:

I’m not a scientist. But my understanding of the fiber argument has to do with the reaction of juices to the acids in the stomach. Juice isn’t a bad thing of course. It does good. But the pro-fiber argument claims that the stomach was made to encounter fiber and thus it is more acidic than is ideal for juice. The juice is more prone to acid burn than the vegetable/fruit with it’s fiber intact. The stomach is meant to strip fiber. That’s it’s job. So it gets confused when it doesn’t have work. Maybe that’s bull but it’s my understanding. But i’m going to go make myself some apple/celery juice. Tah tah for now.

67. david says:

Keven ,Please let us know how jay stores his juice.He did not say it in the interview.

68. Kimber says:

****STORING YOU JUICE**** . . . . Jay recommends ideally to drink it right away to not loose all the beneficial nutrients (before oxidation begins). Although it is great to make one for the road which is what he means by storing. Storing juice beyond the day it is made is not what he is implying. His solution for the “on the road” juice is you pour it into a cold stainless steel thermos and fill it ALL THE WAY to the top and put the lid on it. The key here is having it so full that next to no air is in the thermos. Air oxidizes the juice.

I know this, because I have interviewed him.

69. Kevin,

Thank you SO MUCH for having Jay on the show. We LOVE Jay and I appreciating you responding to my email response that I sent asking that you interview him.

Some wondered how to store the juice (since Jay never got around to saying)…just go to his site and download the pdf that comes with his juicer – it tells you there

Also, I have his juicer and have worn out many others, but you’ll never find one that’s more simple and easy to clean than his (especially for the price).

When I do a juice feast, I follow Jay’s protocol (from Max Gerson) of juice every hour of the day for 12 hours – 13 glasses. FANTASTIC! I’ve done it twice for 30 days each time and love it!

Thanks again, Kevin, for your show; I can hardly wait for each episode to appear!

Christina

70. Jenny says:

I am wondering if it is true that the juice made in a Green Life can keep up to 3 days?

71. MARI says:

Great interview, I still try to chew my food 50 times, learned from my days of Macrobiotic diet, key word is try!! I actually have his Live Food Live Bodies cookbook. He does look good & definetly has energy, but just an observation, He really has some puffiness under his eyes which according to Chinese medicine is indication of over worked kidneys, just wonder what’s with that. Mari

72. Rene Oswald says:

I use the Pump-N-Seal for my juices. Use the Vita-Mix to blend the ingredients, store in glass containers with the Pump-N-Seal, then squeeze the juice out of the blended ingredients with a juice bag. I’ve found it to be the freshest juice if done this way. All the details are on Video #8 and #31 at my website at http://reneoswald.com/videos.html
    You can also find my “Juice Feasting for Life” eBook there.

73. doubleg48 says:

It’s never a matter of “fibre or no fibre”.

Juicing is a very efficient method of getting more nutrients into us. It’s true that we should be consuming way more fruits and veggies and that trying to chew on 12-20 lbs a day would be impossible in our lifestyles. He is right to emphasize the importance of getting much much more vital nutrient into our bodies. Juicing is very good and should be much more than just a once-in-awhile thing on the side.

(We have to realize though that a lot of FRUIT juice = a lot of calories. If we want that, fine. But otherwise, we should be aware.)

The next thing for getting much more nutrients PLUS fibre into us in a digestible form is smoothies! So – juice + smoothies is a good plan – a really good foundation.

Finally, hardly any of us are going to only drink juice or smoothies all day unless we are on a fast or cleanse for a specified time. Normally we are all going to want to eat a good solid meal at some point. So, that is when we get most of our fibre and our essential chewing in. We should always be conscious to chew enough when eating solid food. With smoothies and a solid meal, we will get plenty of fibre of the right kind.

Those 3 methods of nutrient intake should in my opinion, be used every day under normal circumstances.

I was interested when he mentioned the digestive system’s normal way of expelling fibre in an almost dismissive way as if it is less than desirable or even not necessary… That “sweeping” of fibre through our digestive tract is very necessary for colon health. The whole digestive system was designed for it and must be maintained properly.

This interview actually helped clarify for me the advisability to daily use juice PLUS smoothies PLUS solid chewy fibrous foods.

Does anyone know where he gets his data about needing the nutrients from 12-20 lbs a day, and also the data that he spoke of that we only absorb between 1-5 and at most 10 percent of the nutrients we consume?

Thought provoking.

74. sharron says:

Is Jay saying that we should not consume/use the fiber from veggies and fruit? Or, do we need a juicer that incorporates the fiber so fine that it is a juice? Montel Williams advertises this type of juicer/smoothie.

Is Jay saying to just juice and throw away the fiber? When using the word “store” does he mean that after you put the juice in a frozen ss thermos, it’s kept in the frig until use and no more than 8 hrs? Or, does it go back into the frig to be used within the 8 hrs.? I’m not sure what he is saying…

First-time listener may explain my confusion. Thank You!! All info appreciated…

75. Marla king says:

How is plant juice “pre-digested”? The enzymes are not in the plant for the digestion of body needs. The body provides it’s own enzymes to digest plant food for it’s own needs. Biochemistry seems to be a weak subject among raw foodists. No offense to the speaker, but it looses credibility with that kind of comment. Thanks for the show…

76. Anon says:

Good interview, however, I’ve got some concerns…

1. Healthy and long living people around the world, such as the Okinawans, etc dont juice

2. It seemed Jay was implying that we go veggie, however, we’ve been eating meat since prehistoric times, and have been healthy so why change? Isn’t it normal for us to eat meat? Again, the okinawans eat a lot of fish.

3. Surely, we’re constructed as humans in a way that we can have optimal health by eating fruits and vegetables, and NOT juicing most of it, as the fibre is necessary?

4. Nobody’s bringing up the studies that having that much juice/sugar in one go is bad for your health?

5. what about the impact of that much sugar intake on your teeth?

I’m not debating he’s a healthy guy, just saying its a bit extreme to juice most of your intake of vegetables and fruit, seeing that we’ve been given teeth to chew and god didn’t invent juicers. Plus there are plenty of healthy people out there that eat a lot of fruit and vegetables but DONT juice, so there are 2 sides to every story. Its not as clear cut as it seems.

Most people will agree that eating more fresh vegetables, fruit and raw foods is very beneficial to your health coupled with exercise and good level of activity, however, it seems a bit extreme and unfounded that we should be juicing as much as is being stated…

77. Terri says:

I chew my food and not well enough…I’m sure. I love Jay’s juices. My absolute favorite is Carrot, Apple, Parsley, Spinach, Beet. Absolutely fabulous and you can immediately feel it giving you energy.

78. Alina says:

I do agree with what Medkid says in post #55.
    Jay seems like a lovely person but I think that he makes up some of his staff.
    “Do what other animals are doing and eat plants” Well has he heard of lions and other carnivores?
    “We are supposed to eat 20 lbs of plants a day but our stomachs are too small” Well, our stomachs are the size they are for a reason. Maybe we are not supposed to eat 20 lbs of plants a day? Otherwise our stomachs would be bigger to accommodate our requirements wouldn’t they?
    Like Medkid I would like to see the interview with the raw paleo diet guy as well. I think his name is Vonderplanitz?

79. John says:

I sometimes catch myself when I’m in a hurry not chewing very well at all, I practically swallow things whole, it’s bad. When I think about it and am more relaxed I don’t do this.

80. John says:

You also have to keep in mind that the food we eat today has a lot less nutrients than the food of 60 years ago.

81. Cheyenne Y. says:

I never thought of food in such a way. Thanks for all of this good information! I have been eating my food so fast (barely chewing) since I was born. Hopefully this will help my vigor for life. 🙂

82. SirenOfFire says:

I don’t agree with what he says about the blood of an animal contaminating our bodies, but everything else is interesting and worthwhile to have learned!