Mike Adams on Health Care Reform – The Renegade Health Show Episode #525

Monday Mar 15 | BY |

Yes, Mike Adams was in town this weekend at the Expo West…

Annmarie and I were psyched because we haven’t seen Mike in 2 years since he’s been in Ecuador.

(It was also nice to see his wife Sheh again!)

Today, Mike talks about gardening, health care reform, optimism and if you should stockpile food.

Your question of the day: What can you do right now to help improve the health of your family for the next 5 years?

For more info on Mike, please visit www.NaturalNews.com

1. Usha Sunrise says:

By feeding them organic, mostly raw products, and keeping a clear head in the midst of madness…

2. Craig says:

Learning to grow more of my own food.Educate myself to get More knowledge of eating wild Found Foods in unpolluted areas

3. greg says:

Periodic cleansing throughout the year, lots of vegies, greens and some fruits……Dr. Bob Beck’s protocol……more sunshine…….and Dr. David Jubb’s approach to diet and wellbeing.

4. Sarah says:

Get the family involved in gardening and grow your own food! 🙂

5. STeLLa says:

FaBuLoUs Show!!!!! Mike Adams is GREAT!!! i love his articles very gutsy! now it make more sense knowing he lives outside of the US. he is able to be more truthful about the big pharma situation and it’s link to the healthcare debate, wow!
    i don’t have a traditional ‘family’ -like i don’t have kids- but i can be an example to others by feeding myself organic, raw & living foods and live a lifestyle that supports it. i can support businesses that are sustainable. i can use sustainable practices in my own businesses.

thx for another wonderful & inspiring show!

STeLLa

6. Nick says:

yeah, people have been misled away from understanding the distinction between a stimulant & a tonic. A stimulant jacks; a tonic undergirds. Real nourishment is foundational. Stimulants undercut the foundation. This can be seen in the effect of the likes of sugars, cocaine, crystal meth & other such cracks on the teeth. In Traditional Chinese Medicine the condition of the teeth reflect in inward condition of the bones. same goes for the hair & the blood, then the nails & tendons. They didn’t have xrays, MRI’s or such crap crutches that atrophy our perception, sense of what we can know from what we do know (deduction)

7. anastasios says:

Love your show kev!!!
    We will stop buying drugs from the pharmaceutical companies.In case of illness we will drink water and get some rest.

8. Joan says:

Grow more of my own food!

9. Nicky says:

I am living in Italy, but following you and Mike and Matt and Angela on the Internet for the past year and more… lots of inspiration and a change in my eating habits too, slowly. Problem here not much ‘organic’ produce, some Bio Agriculture, but I do not always trust these ‘labels’ neither… And all those health supplements do not exist at the moment… BUT, found a property to build a home and a huge garden on the side to plant our own seasonal produce – loved the idea of a circle garden, thanks, more info about this would be appreciated! THANKS. So yes I am taking action to make my life and my childrens a better and healthy one within the next 5 years! LOVE IT ALL, and THANKS for sharing your knowledge. Love and light ;)x

10. Lisa says:

Thanks for the great show! I read naturalnews.com daily (as well as watch your show daily). Loved the talk!!

11. andrew says:

EFT to heal unresolved issues

12. Karen says:

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Mike Adams!!! He is my hero and the reason I started down the path to health.

We definitely have to start growing more of our own food.

13. Corrinne says:

Great show! I totally agree with Mike and read Natural News daily. I am starting my own garden and eat organic whenever possible along with super greens in my morning smoothie. Never felt better!!

14. Kuru says:

Grow a garden and sprouts (in jars and soil), stay strong through exercise, trade massage for relaxed nerves of steel and stable endocrines, play music, make up songs. Practice generosity all the time! Thanks for speaking up, Mike and Kevin!

15. Ed Bogusz says:

Become an activist on health issues. Market share missed is market share to eliminate in powerful circles that only believe in their market share, not a shared market. Market-place where products,ideas,and even opinions are traded is no longer free market,our choices are being manipulated.Make your voice heard today to improve your families health in 5 years. If not this site and Mikes could be deemed subversive, that might seem funny (odd) but big money already has their sights set on it.

16. Jo says:

support my local CSA,,,eat locally and organic!

17. martha says:

My health plan for the next 5 years is to love more, be more grateful and think about what I say. We can eat great, grow our own food, exercise, etc. but if we do not show love and kindness to one another than good health does it exist?

18. Barbara says:

I am sprouting, growing wheat grass and organic herbs indoors here in cold Michigan, and waiting rather impatiently for spring to get here so we can get outside and get the big garden going. Kudos to you Mike, who led me to the path of healthy eating, and to Kevin and Ann Marie for all their energy and daily news!! You guys are the best!!

19. to Keep reminding them how important raw, organic, vibrant food is for the BODY…. and making a green smoothie every morning to share with my husband.. 🙂

20. Lois Kubota says:

Right on Mike Adams. As an insurance broker I see the health of everyone slipping all the time. It’s very scary that no one pays attention to how their health is slipping and what is causing it. No one want to listen because it’s too much work. I think Mike is right, natural care will not be covered in any kind of health care reform and people will have to learn the hard way. It’s so frustrating because it’s right there.

21. john says:

Kevin Great interview with Professor Mike Adams. He reminds me of Dr.Norman Walker and also an ambassador for Dr.Ron Paul who ran for President. I have seen just some of Mikes garden, seems endless with everything imaginable fruits vegetables, his innovative water Pump.This man is an expert vegetarian survivalist in my opinion. And can physically out perform most men half his age in physical endurance and he is very flexible with his body. I like to call him Dr. Walker 2-(joke). Would like a– LOT more interviews with Professor Mike. As for the EXTREMELY timely question for today.Stock pile and rotate things you grow or buy .For those with no feasible land scape to grow ,buy powdered greens in bulk, shelf life on these vary 2-10 years, buy beans ,nut,seeds ,grains ,and buy SPROUTS OF ALL KINDS-SPROUTS -SPROUTS,WHEATGRASS.ALSO CHURCHES IN YOUR COMMUNITY need to have love offerings from some wealthy farmers in church who want to give from his HEART to donate a piece of his land to help struggling families plant on farmers land to help in any way possible, people less fortunate -This pleases the Lord because we are his economy and HIS creation. In God’s sight and HIS view and perspective ,it is far better to give than to receive. Thank you .

22. Brian says:

Growing leafy greens and making smoothies

23. Jo Smith says:

Stay personally balanced, but don’t be afraid to speak up for natural health. Sometimes being a lightworker allows you to be lulled into the belief that if you believe the best in the world it will happen. That’s part of the equation, but sometimes you simply have to get out of your comfort zone and write your Congressmen and Senators when others loyal to big business and pharmaceutical companies try to make changes to the law that don’t honor the natural food chain. Change requires action on our part. If we do all these things that show good health and nutrition through example, but don’t speak up when others try and take away our simple liberties like natural supplements and small organic farms, we are not truly serving a healthy future.

24. SusieQ2 says:

It all starts with the soil! Read “Secrets of the Soil”. Fantastic book about where and how to prepare your soil for planting.
    Results in huge size crops filled with nutrition. How come nobody is teaching this?

25. Pat G. says:

Viktoras Kulvinskas wrote “Survival into the 21st Century” in the late 70s or early 80s which is wildly illustrated by Peter Max in pink! The book contains all the info you need to plan for your future health and survival, which is here!

26. gina says:

Thanks again Kevin… another great interview..
    Thanks Mike again..I think you are correct about healthcare.
    Hey I wish I could be there to hear everyone speak…I just live too far..NY

27. Heather says:

Get yer spine checked for subluxation by a corrective chiropractor! Why? Well, here’s my long winded spiel of an answer…

Gianni and Adams were both part of raising my awareness and inspiring me to make positive changes, among many other passionately health conscience individuals. I first heard of them on the International Health & Fitness Symposium cd set a few years ago from a webinar. All this insightful info was transformative, getting me into dynamic nutrition and a much less toxic lifestyle. Much needed healing began occurring in my body, allowing me to release around 40lb of excess weight, get out of regular pain, and have more energy. I was estatic with the results. Thank you for sharing what you learn!

Nevertheless, something unrealized was lurking undetected, holding me back, and last fall, I hit a speed bump and plateaued. Unwilling to settle with still overweight and out of shape, the next plan of action was stepping up the excercise regimen to see if I could take it beyond were I’ve been stuck. This involved rebounding on a trampoline (which, btw, is the most fun excercising I’ve ever had, and highly recommend it, oingo bouy n go). Incidentally, it also increased the numbness and tingling sensations I first noticed in my back about a year ago. Not good, right?

Exactly! There was a key missing peice to my health puzzle and that’s what has LITERALLY held me back to certain degrees…SUBLUXATION in my spine. Anytime subluxation is present it is cutting off the communication principle to innate healing via signals from the brain that must travel through the central nervous system to the rest of the body. I can’t help but wonder how many people are out there with health issues related to sublaxation that were doing much of the other healthy lifestyle elements and completely missing the boat on this key essential to healing?! How many health care problems could get resolved!? Most people hangin’ around here value their health. So, allow me to be repetitious and advise others to…

Learn something from my faux paux life lesson and get their spines checked! At least be aware of how important and essential it is to your health. My husband and three kids are getting theirs checked tomorrow…Thank You Jay! He’s even written a couple of citizen journalist articles for Natural News. I am grateful to have found this corrective chiropractic office in particular and look forward to experiencing Maximized Living by further releasing even more healing potential.

PS

Jay’s wife, Heather, had a history of Lyme Disease. The first case in WI, from Madison. After she went through lots of suffering and agony, she finally got into a protocol simular to what her and her husband now run in their practice today. A year later, after doing everything at that intensive chiropractic clinic, they checked her blood under some very powerful magnifying microscopes for the Lyme’s (forget the technical name) invading her red blood cells, and they could find no traces of it anywhere.

28. Hi Kevin and Annemarie

It was great seeing both of you at Expo West and I have to say that I love the skin care line. It is so pure and the REAL DEAL! I can’t wait for you to come to San Diego again and share the wealth of information on health and also the skin care line and all its benefits.

As for what to do for our health, I agree with most people, who commented and also Mike Adams, that growing your own food is not only a good idea, it is also inevitable if you want to really know what you are getting and it is also the freshest, since you get to pick it yourself, as soon as you need it and therefore also have the best nutrient level. Of course, if the soil isn’t ideal, they neither will you food be. I have read extensively about that and that added rock dust to your soil is one of the most important things to re-mineralize the soil so your food will be the best!

The other thing, was mentioned by Mike and that is Vitamin D. It is so important for your health and get out in the sun whenever you can, but do in increments, especially if you are fair-skinned or haven’t been outside in a long time. Here are some great links to learn more:

Importance of Vitamin D by Dr Holick
    —————————————————————
    Dr Mercola Resource Page for Vitamin D

You can visit my blog http://www.rawsomegal.wordpress.com and read about my 42 day cleanse using coconut water and stevia which I completed mid-January. I have also written about my transition back to food. I continue to write about health related topics and post twice a week To read about my cleanse from day 1, click on December 2009. Share this with others who may be interested and I love to receive comments. You can also subscribe so you will always receive the latest posts in you email inbox.

Namaste!
    Chef Mindy aka Ageless Raw Beauty

29. janell says:

Advocacy for natural living! I have friends and family members who STILL have not made the connection that healthy living is an ongoing lifelong process and that you don’t just go grab a piece of fruit for a day or two when your experiencing crisis from diabetes or that you can’t just eat like hogs and pop blood pressure pills, downing the pills with coke (though the coloring in the sodas is going to cause the blood pressure levels to spike). People still want a quick fix – education and advocacy are still such critical areas.

30. Mike Adams and Kevin Gianni on one show what a fantastic treat .Thank you ,thank you ,thank you.
    love peace and joy.
    fatima

31. Craig says:

Hey gang Never give up hope that we can make a difrence on the Monopoly of the big food industries.Look at this article in business news. Hope this isnt just another political tactic but true concern.Kevin !!! get your connections to get included in these Discusions with the FED!!!!!. We cant wait now is time to act!!
    Federal regulators launch probe of big agriculture

ST. LOUIS — Some Obama administration officials have made clear their unease with the increasing control a handful of corporations have over the nation’s food supply, and this week in Iowa they could show whether they are serious about changing the system.

The first joint workshops on agriculture by regulators at the U.S. Justice and Agriculture Departments is expected to give farmers, lobbyists, executives and academics a strong indication of where the Obama administration stands on consolidation in agriculture.

Administration officials said the meeting Friday in the Des Moines suburb of Ankeny will give antitrust attorneys and farm regulators their first chance to work side-by-side and examine the concentration of power in rural America. The Iowa meeting will be followed by four other gatherings held later in the year.

Industry officials and farming groups aren’t sure whether the hearings are political theater or a first step toward legal action, or both. For farmers, it’s the most attention paid in years to their long-standing complaints that big corporations are choking out smaller players.

“This is certainly a much brighter spotlight than we’ve seen in the last 10 years,” said Tara Smith, the American Farm Bureau’s director of congressional relations.

A newly invigorated antitrust team in Washington is behind the hearings.

Christine Varney, head of the Justice Department’s antitrust division, came into office last spring complaining that regulators have been too slow to file cases and that the Bush administration’s guidelines on enforcement had fostered “extreme hesitancy” in the department.

In a troubled economy where food costs are pinching consumers, Varney said agriculture will be a top priority.

“We’ve seen a lot of consolidation in the industry in the past decade,” she said. “Any time you have a lot of concentration in any part of the market, or any part of a vertical chain, it merits looking at.”

Varney and U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack said the workshops are aimed at creating broad policies to foster competition in agriculture, rather than scattered enforcement actions. Both will attend the hearings, and they emphasized that no action would be taken if competition was deemed fair. The point is to listen and learn.

“We want to make sure the playing field is level,” Vilsack said.

The series of workshops will run through December, looking at the seed, dairy, poultry, beef and crop industries. At issue will be the practices of industrial agriculture’s biggest players, such as grain processors Archer Daniels Midland Co. and Cargill Inc., meat companies Tyson Foods Inc. and JBS SA and biotech seed firms Monsanto Co. and DuPont.

The hearings are welcome news to Bill Heffernan, a retired rural sociologist from the University of Missouri who has been tracking growing concentration in agriculture for 20 years.

When he began studying the issue 22 years ago, Heffernan said the greatest consolidation was in the beef industry, where four firms controlled more than 50 percent of the market.

When he took his last survey in 2007, the top four meatpackers processed 84 percent of all U.S. beef. Consolidation also had spread to the poultry market, soybean crushing (which turns beans into a wide array of food products) and corn milling, he said.

With so few companies given so much power, Heffernan contends they don’t need to cut backroom deals to control the market. They just follow each others’ lead on how much to pay for grain or animals and force farmers to take what they can get.

“They don’t have to go down to the lounge and talk about price fixing,” he said.

Industry groups dispute the notion that consolidation signifies a lack of competition or could lead to price fixing.

The American Meat Institute, which represents meat processors, filed testimony for the hearings, arguing that the companies have gotten so big in large part because of government regulation.

Stringent food safety rules and constant inspections forced the industry to build expensive, high-tech plants, the group said. And the firms have paid the cost for massive recalls of tainted meat, forcing large companies to merge to share the risk and smaller ones to leave the market, the testimony said.

“I think the meat industry is extremely competitive,” AMI Policy Director Mark Dopp said. “My hope is (regulators) learn how things really work. We think that will be a good story for the meat industry.”

That story line is sure to be one that many regulators will hear in the coming months.

“As I travel around the country, listening to farmers and ranchers, there is a fairy consistent message coming from them,” Vilsack said. “They want to make sure that the playing field is level, whether it’s access to technology or the way they market their products.”

32. Carol says:

I am wanting info re: storing grains/legumes, etc. long-term. Also would love the name of the ins. co. that does/or wants to ins. natural/holistic medicine.
    Carol

33. Stormie says:

Continue planting my garden and trying to find healthier eating habits that my husband and I can agree on.

34. Joy says:

I have to echo others’ comments that it’s great to see Kevin and Mike together.

To answer today’s question, I want to thank Mike for placing an ad on Natural News for the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I have enrolled, and am excited to receive the training I need to help people get in touch with their own individual understanding of what is right for them in terms of nutrition and balance in their lives.

Kevin’s motto is “together we can change the health of the world one show at a time”; the goal of IIN is to change the health of the world, one person at a time.

Kevin, you always say that we need to try different things to learn what is right for our own individual needs. That philosophy is the focus of IIN, and the answer to today’s question, too. If we can ignore the debates and disputes about contradictions in science and diet theory, we can learn how to make our own bodies thrive and take further steps to improve and maintain our health.

Also, I grow my own sprouts! 🙂

35. Jessica says:

This was the first show that I saw, but I am already eager to learn more and to be more active in the on going debate about natural health.

All of the ideas that have been presented have been great. One idea that was not covered was the idea of surrounding ourselves with positive people who are thriving. While at work, I see unhealthy and unhappy people all the time, and when I get off from work I want to go surround myself in nature with my loved ones. So, on top of sprouting (which I am going to start doing), making sure that I get plenty of SUNLIGHT (D3), and trying to start my own garden, I am going to make it a goal to start surrounding my self with positive people who sing, dance, and truly enjoy life and living.

36. Rhonda D says:

If one can begin to truley live a simple life in the terms of Materialism, and then concentrate on health one may find themselves less stressed out inturn leading to a healthy life style.

37. Nadia says:

Continuing to learn (or un-learn), continuing to practice.

38. Sharon says:

We’re learning Spanish! Makes no sense to live in a cold climate. Living in a condo with virtually no storage space doesn’t allow for much preparation for disaster.

We detoxify and use no chemicals and buy whatever we can organic but I’d much rather have my own garden.

39. Wonda says:

I’m glad you were able to interviw Mike. I so appreciate Natural News–it keeps me informed.

I think gardening together as a family would be great. Everyone will get plenty of fresh air, exercise and of course delicious, organic produce.

40. Lora says:

Without Mike I never would have known you (Kevin). Even though I don’t know either of you personally I do know that your intentions are all positive which is why I spend a little bit of each day with both of you!

Right now, I am taking the following steps to make a difference in my families future by:

~planting a large garden for our food supply
    ~Using natural cleaners for our home
    ~Teaching my children about nutrition & health
    ~Using organic personal care products on myself and children

May we all experience great health as we grow in the knowledge that has been given as a gift from Mike & Kevin. Remember the ripple effect and that there is always hope for change!

41. Nick says:

Please check out:

[BAILOUT 61] Why KILL this Healthcare BILL in Congress?

at:

To get a sense of its thrust, it starts:

1) Republicans want this wreckage of a Bill to pass. Yes, they do. Knowing from the start that they stood no chance of defeating true Healthcare Reform, their next best thing was to help pass the WORST Healthcare Reform Bill that ever existed.

But, they want Democrats to do it without Republican endorsement. If Democrats force this morally reprehensible Senate Bill upon the House, and it passes in any of its butchered forms, they know that the destined failure of Healthcare Reform over the next 2 years will be the Cornerstone for Republican Defeat of Obama in 2012. The thiner the edge of passage, the sharper the scalpel to carve Obama’s defeat.

2) Within the thousands of pages of these Bills are buried clever tricks and phrases hidden by the Staffs of 3 Senate Committees, those writers of Senate Bills who once worked as paid Lobbyists, planted by the Healthcare Mafia to sabotage any Senate Bill by concealing a mine field within a camouflage of tedious complexity, mines designed to blow up at various times during the 10 years it takes to implement this Bill.

Additionally, more than 3,000 highly paid Lobbyists of the Healthcare Mafia of Corporations have harassed 60 Senators mercilessly for more than a year with what they want included or removed in any Bill passed.

The Healthcare Mafia of Corporations control the choke chains they installed on EVERY Member of Congress, in the form of THREE BILLION DOLLARS they have spent bribing Congress for 2 decades, so that Congress would never allow real Healthcare Reform to pass. Obama himself, as a Senator and Presidential Candidate, accepted the largest amount: $20,912,236 from the Healthcare Mafia of Corporations. http://www.opensecrets.org/capital_eye/health.php?type=A&cycle=2010

By threatening to withhold Campaign Contributions, those choke chains on Democrats are being reeled in, link by link, even without any open threat to defeat them in 2010, but with just a friendly warning that they can shut down their Campaign money supply needed to win, and increase donations to their Republican opponents. All 435 Members of the House, and 1/3 of Senators, are up for re-election this November.

What we are watching — in these final hours of this Battle against American Citizens by Legal Fictions known as Corporations — is a Congressional pit of….(go to above linked site, the earthhome one)

42. Jodie says:

I think he is already living in the near future – having a garden for exercise, nutrition, sun and air and working at home from the computer = a dream for many. Wonderful.

43. Diedre says:

Eliminate MSG from our diets and expose the food industry’s support of this horrible excitotoxin. I hope people like the Renegade Health folks and the Health Ranger will look at this crisis and start focusing on it…PLEASE!
    Thank you!

44. Mary Goff says:

Hi Kev & Mike,

What a great combo – you two!!! Hi to AnneMarie, I saw you there too. Love Mike and hope to see ya in Long Beach, or the next weekend. Thanks for visiting us in LA.

I think food-combining is really the key. I’m back to eating a little fish/eggs, and loving it. After eating animal protein, I follow with beautiful fresh, ripe organic Papaya, and Now,
    I’m dreaming of living somewhere like Equador, where I could grow my own – would love to go out ea. day and pick from the bushes, trees and ground!!! Whooohoo oxox:)

45. Mary Artemis says:

Mike is so refined and knowledgeable and full of Heart. I enjoyed the comment about learning the language first!! 2 Men with a Mission here. So thanks for that.

May we all develop our own Mission and teach others with this special kind of confidence and Faith in God, Nature and Ourselves! Blessings on Each Other!
    Mary From Stamford

46. Veronika says:

Great video! My boyfriend and I have wanted to start growing our own garden in our condo (we have balconies) so this is definitely motivating.

47. Jan says:

I have always enjoyed a garden but with all the weeding and work of a garden it seemed difficult to grow a large percent of what my family consumes.
    I came across a book called “All New Square Foot Gardening” by Mel Bartholmew. I will be trying his method. According to his book his methods saves you time and much of the work of weeding. In a 4 by 4 foot area you can grow much more than the row method. Also no need to use chemicals.
    Does anyone have any experience gardening using Mel Bartholmew’s square foot method?