Why Indigenous People Can Be Healthy on Different Diets – The Renegade Health Show Episode #515

Monday Mar 1 | BY |

I’ve done over 200 interviews in the past few years…

This one may be the best.

Today, Dr. J.E. Williams explains why indigenous people can be healthy on different diets. He’s worked and lived with people from the Arctic to the Amazon, so he has more than just “read-a-book” experience.

Please pass this one along…

Your question of the day: Do you have those three things Dr. Williams talks about?

To find out more about Dr. J.E. Williams, please visit his website here: http://www.drjewilliams.com

1. Usha Sunrise says:

Kevin you are awesome. What a wonderful interview! Do I have the three things: No. And I am hugely aware that I don’t. That is, I have exercise and increasing spiritual health. But environment I miss greatly as I do community. Real community, as opposed to online. Thank you so much, what a very inspiring show!

2. This interview was so informative and interesting and makes so much sense! thanks for posting Kev!

3. Ineke says:

Great interview Kevin!!! I don’t have all three: I have exercise and I’m working on the spiritual aspect. Community: I would say that that is a work in progress here in Colorado. It always takes a while when we move. In Canada I felt more connected than here but maybe that is also because I’ not really searching for it since we won’t be here forever. One and a half, may be two and a half more years?

4. Nick says:

Years ago when i studied Traditional Chinese Medicine my herb instructor said we had North american analogs to many of the Chinese herbs, a good number of them anyway. Then we noted how the herbs growing on the coast of the northwest, where it’s wet & cold, kept the influences of those weather extremes in check. The Chinese traditionally liken the dynamic of our body’s internal systems to the weather outside. Just like we say we “catch a cold”. We used to think that under humoral medicine, the basis of allopathy. Another e.g. desert plants assuage dehydration. So peoples who eat native plants grown close to home do better than us, eating like imperious conquerers

5. Carol says:

I was born and raised in Illinois. We produce soybeans and corn primarily; pork and beef all my life (and way before that). However, I do not eat pork and beef, don’t want to. If I was to eat the diet of the environment which has likely been going on for at least 100+ years, I would not feel it was the right diet for me. The eskimos may have a high fat diet, but they also work a lot harder than I do. If I was the farmer, then perhaps I could eat the produce of the farm, but now the farmers do not work like they did 100 years ago. I’ll have to rely on exercise; mainly fruits, vegetables; and continually improving my community/spiritual health.

6. Jenna says:

Loved the interveiw! Would love to see more episodes related to this one.
    BUT, I’m a bit confused because in my Native Studies class I learned that Eskimos, on average, only lived till their 40’s due to the lack of nutrience in their body …?

7. andrew says:

thanks guys
    brilliant information – more please with this guy!

8. Michael T. says:

No, I don’t have all three. But I am in good shape and work on the land a lot, and eat much of my food from this area. Seeking to grow a greater sense of community here in Hawaii.

Thanks for a great interview. Excellent points about a specific diet NOT being so important for good health. And about how humans are so adaptable, and can thrive on just about any natural diet.

Good point about natural potatoes being so small. More skin, which contains most of the nutrients, and less starch. Same is true of other fruits and veggies. Natural bananas are tiny compared to modern bananas.

Corn used to have a substantial amount of protein in it, until modern times when growers wanted to get more bushels per acre, so they bred corn to be big and starchy and much less nutritious.

I appreciate the wide range of viewpoints you include on the show. Keep up the great work.

9. Craig says:

Hi Kevin . I exercise.Grow my own Greens indoors And do Have a relationship Daily with God though Jesus Christ And have relationship with Family and freinds. One thing that these people have also is foods that have not been GMO. GMo foods makes us Spirtitually blocked so there is no cycle back to the earth!

10. esther says:

Finally! Thank you for posting information about this hugely valid prespective! I’ve felt for a long time that the indigenous voice has been missing from the raw foods table.
    Yes, I was raised to think and be this way. Staying in balance is critical.

11. Thanks Kevin

Awesome interview,

Where do you find your guests? Sometimes I wonder how much research goes into getting the people you speak with.

I do have all 3 that he mentioned, as I am now more connected to my religious community since we have a synagogue in my neighborhood and I also connect with like minded people at events that I do or attend. I am an exercise lover as it makes me feel great!

You can visit my blog http://www.rawsomegal.wordpress.com and read about my 42 day cleanse using coconut water and stevia which I completed mid-January. I have also written about my transition back to food. I continue to write about health related topics and post three times during the week. To read about my cleanse from day 1, click on December 2009. Share this with others who may be interested and I love to receive comments. You can also subscribe so you will always receive the latest posts in you email inbox.

Namaste!
    Chef Mindy aka Ageless Raw Beauty

12. Bonnie says:

Hi Kev, The best interview of yours i have seen thus far! We are so far removed, getting close to this paradigm is an effort but what better do we have to do. Love my Farmer’s market, walk in the woods and play in the mud everyday and have GREAT Peeps all around me.
    P E A C E
    Bonnie

13. Heidi says:

I totally loved this interview! It fits with me just so well. Wonderful validation and encouragement on my path. Thank you so very much.

14. berrnadette says:

Wow~ what a great and fascinating interview- thanks so much for this Kevin and Dr Williams!
    As for the 3 things…
    1- Living in NYC I do my best to keep my environment as natural and simple as is possible- to balance out the “unnaturalness” of the big city..
    Green home, with plants inside and on our sunny rooftop which we frequent many times a day.. 2 great dogs who keep us nicely grounded and entertained..as much food as possible from local farmers or freshest possible from a good source…At least one room that is super-quiet and still, for us to “unplug” in, and no TV anywhere in our apt which helps keep the tranquil feeling…
    2- Exercise- Yes! 😀 I exercise daily vigorously, and as a health and fitness mentor teach everyone to exercise every single day like any other natural habit we require for our body, mind vitality- eating, sleeping, etc.. Everytime we exercise we are telling the body to grow new cells rather than fade- so makes sense the active indigenous people live to ripe, healthy ages…
    3- Community- Have a close knit family and wide group of friends we regularly spend time with, and share all the facets of life with. Think this one is so key too! Community- balanced with daily quiet reflective “alone” time- works well for me…
    Thanks again for this, and for all you and Annemarie give to our community here- many bleesings and cheers!

15. Jill says:

I think that that was a very interesting interview. Thanks for that! 🙂

16. Brianna says:

Yes to the exercise. My spiritual awareness is increasing everyday, and I’m working on the community aspect. That is the slowest one for me- but I think a true and genuine connection with other people takes time and nurturing. Great interview. Thanks! 🙂

17. Maria says:

Amazing. Just amazing. I haven’t watched for a while as I’ve been unwell but what a show to come back to. Wow. I am ridiculously waaaay at the end of the extremely sensitive scale and I am currently not managing to become whole and integrated and healthy in my current society. The messages we are bombarded with are all so fake and really do split us all up. Dr Williams is an incredibly wise man, I would love to meet him one day. The schism he talks about in western society causes me so much pain.
    Of course that is not to say I shouldn’t take full responsibility and find a way around it because I know life can be amazing sometimes. I am working on that but sometimes I slip up…and sometimes really badly!!! But I’ll keep trying:-)
    Thanks for helping me reconnect to something truly meaningful x

18. JPaul says:

Yes, I do have the 3 activities in my life Dr. Williams talks about, but it takes effort to keep all three balanced in one’s life. Raw organics from local farmers’ market; cycling more than driving (with a respiratory air filter on the nastiest smoggiest/dustiest days); pure distilled H2O with surface tension reducing factors inserted so the H2O is wetter, hydrates more as it screams thru body/nervous/bone systems during cycling & work; going to our neighborhood organization/city council meetings/school meetings: speaking out-asking questions; as well as writing articles for local newspaper’s “voice of the people” on controversial items.
    I could use more of Williams’ input. Great show!
    JPAUL

19. Karen says:

I enjoyed this interview very much! I was wondering whether the eskimos ever cook their meat and fat. I think I recall it is mostly consumed fresh and raw or maybe dried/cured? I suppose the other indigenous peoples he mentioned that eat potatoes are cooking them? Just curious as I don’t know much about these other cultures. So fascinating! Great information for us as to what is really important!

20. Leam says:

This was a such an interesting show! Thank you for giving us different perspectives to consider with your interviews.

21. Lorien Zaremski says:

I have the exercise and the connection to land but not the community. I remember as a child wondering why people did not eat like the animals and feeling at home in the mountains & canyons and with the animals where I grew up. As an adult I lost some of that but I’m finding my way back to it. I also have the spiritual connection. Community is very much the missing link for me.

22. Marla king says:

The culture of nature worship is fast-growing in our society today. I would love to give an option of thought to this.. a reason from cause to effect if I may. I appreciate the interview because it shows where many of us may not be connecting dots from the past. Here is a question: What happened when reason, rationalism, natural forces, were primo or 100% governing the thought? Look at the French Revolution of 1789-1799 especially the reign of terror for 3 and a half years… He mentioned separation of church and state. We can predict that similar things will result when we get rid of God by worshipping His creation, or get rid of God by allowing the state to take His place. Either way, our conscience is not free if the two are not separate and this is very much a part of health and well-being! Community living that support nature worship is in my humble opinion, missing the mark for the purpose of our creation.

23. Samantha says:

Exercise is the fountain of youth! On that note, do you believe a certain amount of protein should be consumed before and/or after a workout? I try to have a smoothie with hemp powder after I lift weights or do yoga because I heard you need to consume protein within an hour of a workout. However is this necessary because can’t our bodies store protein for later use?

24. andrew zubriczky says:

What a great interview, and what a great mind. His words of wisdom, natural indigenous wisdom,should be an awakening for EVERY health system, food diet out there.

We are all genetically the same; yet biologically speaking, we are also very much the product of our environment; and as such, we are biochemically unique and special.

What works is what we believe works, and has worked since time immemorial.

Look at the Breatharians, they can get by on air alone.

I’ve gone on a five day true fast,drinking just tap water, and doing just 15 minutes of strenuous aerobic type exercises through-out each day. At the end of the five day period, I managed to put on 2 Lbs. And I felt great!

Who knows what the future holds? We may not need food replicators after all; especially, if we can learn to harness the light of Life, the ‘bio-photons’ necessary to energize our bodies.

25. I think meditation is so key to overall health. If we eat great but don’t connect to our spiritual center we’re always disconnected from that innate healing intelligence that holds worlds together.

Also, meditation is the best tool for reduction of life sapping stress and anxiety. 10 minutes a day is all it takes…30 minutes is better but 10 is all it takes to enjoy the health benefits of meditation.

26. Ronald says:

Good interview,I would like to know there average age?? I was stationed in Alaska in 1962-1964. Didn’t see many old Eskimo’s

27. kate says:

A good video by David Suzuki called “Suzuki speaks” follows along the same theme and it is quite enjoyable. It talks about the fragmentation occurring in our world and how we separate ourselves from nature. When Aboriginals say we are made up of earth, fire, air, and water, they mean it in the most literal way.

28. wendy green says:

hola curly locks! yes..for the most part, i do all three. of course, we eat local, so we are eating part of the environment. we exercise daily, either yoga/hiking/swimming, working on the property. but…community? well we have each other, the pets, a few friends…but our greatest community is nature. i understand what he is talking about “the matrix” and how malls and convenience stores (highways, artificial night lighting, cars, etc etc) just do not add to the healthy whole, i completely get that. so for me, my community is my spiritual communion with nature…listening to the river, the birds, the bugs, the trees, the rocks, walking barefoot on the ground….24/7…very healing. but of course, if you 2 got some property here….would be so much more community for us 😛

29. Muriel says:

I agree with Craig, Meditation or prayer of the heart, brings balance in all three aspects. I practice Christian meditation 30 minutes in morning and 30 minutes before bedtime, greatest gift i have ever been given.
    Much is learned through silence, healthy eating and daily exercise and love are fruits of meditation.

30. Angelique says:

Great show! I love the variety of informations and viewpoints you guys share with us. Thank you!

31. Jos says:

Thanks Kevin, one the best interview you have done. Dr Williams is a great speaker!
    Of all the 3, exercise is the dominant one I am ashamed to say!

32. john says:

I believe environment ,exercise , family ,and loving thy neighbor as thy self,and doing unto others as you your self want others to do unto you. And NOT being spirituality ( spiritual religiosity,mans traditions and ceremonies is one of Satans ways to deceive us away from the TRUTH of Jesus Christ ) -but by believing in what the apostle Paul said in 1st corinthians chapter 15,which pertains on how to get to HEAVEN when we die. #10 I fully agree with you brother. As for Eskimos living a long life and eating 90-100% meat ,and not having osteoporosis,no dental problems with perfect white teeth ,I do not think so ,Eating meat gives you soft bones .Would like to know if your guest ever took the time to check out the eskimos-BONE DENSITY TEST. I realize that your guest says he lived and worked with these people .I have read from a well noted source some years ago ,but I do not remember exactly, I kind of think it was an article from national geographic in which it brought out that eskimos people do not live that long 40-50 ? And I have seen many a pictures myself of over weight eskimos contrary to what your guest says. I did not care for this guest .But thank you any way Kevin.

33. lala says:

Awesome, awesome, awesome… I feel that I am lacking in these three areas. Most of my raw food comes from far away ~ have been feeling very disonnected lately… In the summer, I have plenty of fresh greens & veggies… yay! =) I exercise… but it is getting harder and harder to go to the gym cuz it is just . . . bleh… but I have to somehow make up for the hours and hours of sitting around in an office! I am working on growing my spiritual side… it is all too easy to think I don’t have any time! My community area is quite lacking. I was surprised to see how many others said that, also… I can totally relate to the Western isolation thing – have done pretty good at fitting into that model… I yearn for what Dr. Williams speaks of… Figuring out how to transition seems tough… I will do it… baby steps!

Thank You, Kevin, Annmarie, & Dr. Williams!!! <3 <3 <3

34. Theresa says:

It seems people are becoming more interested in learning about native people which, for cultural anthropologists like myself, is really nice to see. There is great wisdom, housed in these ancient cultures, that is very applicable to our lives and health today.
    I really enjoyed this interview. Thanks Kevin for sharing it. Do we get to hear more?

35. Denise says:

Hi Kevin,

What a great interview!! He truly is a wise man, as our many indigenous people who are indeed so connected to nature. Like many of your other supporters, I also keep up with exercise on a regular basis and my spiritual well-being is a work in process. The sense of community, on the other hand, is more difficult in our culture of isolation and independence. Please share some more good interviews with
    Dr. J.E. Williams!!

36. Brenon says:

I remember reading that great book about Enzymes (author Howell? – can’t recall). He said Eskimos originally ate everything raw, and they lived without disease and I assume longer lifespans than today. Then white men taught them to cook and they began to get all the diseases that we are familiar with.
    Oneness with all . . nature, people, it all goes together. I have a veggie garden that feeds me, and I feed it with scraps and my own composted waste. I enjoy the parks in this city, and work as a caregiver. Love it all.

37. i’ve always been really interested in learning more about tribal people, thanks for this very interesting video. it seems to me like they live in the way we are meant to.

there is no sense of community for most of us. it seems to me like we’re mostly competing against each other rather than collaborating. because of the way our societies are set up at the moment, we pretty much “have to” compete against each other in other survive.

also i’ve read that it’s preferable to do light exercise throughout the day rather than 1 hour of intense work-out and sit for the rest of the day. another reason why they might be so healthy.

the way we live now is completely unnatural. we’re not meant to work in meaningless repetitive jobs, staring at a computer screen all day long. we’re meant to use our bodies as much as our minds to survive.

and the way most of us live presently, we’re doing it for what purpose? i think it only benefits a minority of powerful egocentrics.

38. Lori says:

WOW! Would like to hear this gentlemen again. He has so much more to share and a wealth of knowledge and information. Thank you for having him speak. AGAIN???

39. Heyward says:

Community:
    nope.

Exercise:
    yep!

Eating locally/high vitality foods:
    nope/yep!

A good way to create community in your life is to join a sports league. There’s your exercise and community in one go. I think I’ll re-join my ultimate frisbee league…

40. Brigitte says:

Loved the speaker. Seems very centered and wise. However, am confused as to what this information means to the average person. For instance, I have moved on average every four and a half years of my life (am now in my 50’s), into varying climates. So do I need to change my diet to adapt to the locally grown foods each time? Wouldn’t this mess me up more in the long run? Nowadays life is different than years ago when people more or less stayed in the area in which they were born. Would really appreciate your help on this question Kevin or Annemarie. Thanks!

41. Beto says:

Hunters, gatherers, agrarians are all locavores who physically and communally work for their food and survival instead of for $$ to buy modern “conveniences” (from refrigerators to couches, vitamixes and multimedia) that detach us from the three things he identified as essential to complete wellness and longevity.
    I don’t have high score on the three he mentioned either, but I’m working on it!
    Great post!

42. Mark says:

I think the doc is missing something about why they are healthy on their drastically different diets – because they as a people have evolved and adapted to that diet. The American diet has changed so much (for the worse) in the last 50-100 years, we have not adapted, and we are suffering. We need to eat more fruits and veggies and unprocessed meats like our ancestors did.

43. Jessica says:

No. I eat from my garden, but city life makes shitting outside EXTREMELY difficult. City life is so devoid of enviroment. I am here to help regrow our world. To turn the city back into the “forest.

44. Jo Smith says:

1) Exercise – was never taught it had any importance in my life. I have no relationship to it, except when I try to visit it sometimes. 2) Spirituality – Every living thing on this planet is comprised of atoms – the same material. In essence we are all one people on one Earth, which oddly enough brings me to 3) Community – Has never worked out for me. My vibrational level keeps changing and as I progress, the people in my life fade away. None of the members of my family have lived anywhere near one another since the late ’80s.

I find it hard to be around people who want to go out drinking or do other things that are harmful to their spirit and their bodies. To be fair, they find no common ground with me either.

I look at life and see amazing things all around me. Others look at life and see people trying to take from them in some way or another. I see the magnificence that someone will be once they are past their current crises. Others see them as a drag on society and something that should be abolished. Native culture supports the whole – the whole tribe, the whole group and Mother Earth.

Just like the movie Avatar, if we cannot champion one another and breathe in some type of unison, how will we ultimately survive? I give thanks for all the people I have met online who think about Mother Earth and about being one people, but I don’t know if I’ve been socialized well enough to be in an actual physical community. All I can do is send love out to the Earth and all her people and see her healed. Community is not an option that has been offered by the universe at this time. 😀

45. Victoria says:

There seems to be a heightened interest in indigenous peoples in the past years…Dr. Williams sounds very knowledgeable and presented some very interesting information. Great interview!! I have recently moved to ‘suburbia’ and find there is really no sense of community or connection between families and neighbors here, very different atmosphere than the tight-knit rural town I grew up in. It’s hard to find local produce in the stores here…most is shipped in from around the world. We have a small garden and grow as much as we can. As for exercise, I work out on a fairly regular basis. Spirituality is a work in process.
    Thanks!
    –would LOVE to see another
    interview with this speaker!!!

46. Catherine says:

Great interview! Just what I needed to hear tonight! I’m working on all three – still have room to grow.

47. sharon says:

I am surprised at the amount of people who say they are even close to having the three aspects of life that indigenous people have.
    As I listened to the interview, I was so aware of how far we have strayed from the original human lifestyle and how much a part of the environment those people are. They are so similar to a wild animal.
    As hard as we try (and I see that some people are trying really hard) we can never get back to that wonderful life. For instance, a lot of people mentioned that they get the exercise part. I don’t think the indigenous culture’s exercise looks anything like the “going to the gym” that seems to be our option.
    Anyway, great interview. Just wish those indigenous cultures could be saved and protected somehow from 21st Century influences.

48. Melissa says:

Hi Kevin,
    No I don’t have all of the things he talked about in the interview, although I do long for them all. I continue to work towards healing my body so that I can exercise more. Unfortunately I have not found a community that I can embrace. I have been in Washington for 10 years now and haven’t even made a good friend. People are very different here than in my home state of Texas. It makes me very torn because I love the land here but the people there. And as for spirituality, I think I have made progress but there is still more to be had.

49. Nina says:

How interesting, for me, to hear this now. I recently attended a seminar related to Dr. Weston A. Price’s work studying indigenous peoples and their diets. I keep “going back and forth” between information that feels right from his work, and wanting to integrate that with a less animal-based diet.

From what I understand, Dr. Price reported similar things to what response #37 stated. All of the cultures he studied ate a lot, but not all, raw, and ate a lot of their foods (including meat and dairy as well as vegetables if they had them, depending on the location of the tribe) fermented for greater enzymes and ease of digestibility. The WAP Foundation talks a lot about vitamin D being one of the key factors of these diets, and that once the peoples started displacing their traditional foods with Western ones (basically sugar and refined foods), THAT is when they began to get tooth decay, ill health and less longevity.

I would love to hear from someone (Dr. Williams again?) who has studied Dr. Price’s work and can “evaluate” it from a raw vegan point of view. Am especially interested in the vitamin D issue – have to see if you’ve done a show on this already. The WAP Foundation says you do need some animal products to get the level of nutrition (Vit D and K primarily) enjoyed by the native peoples he studied.

Thanks for all your work.

50. Sophia says:

Great interview!!! I learned so much. I found it very interesting and can’t wait to read one of his books about his experience in Peru! I also sent it to my friend who is an ethnobotanist and a college professor. I bet she’ll be super excited and would love to learn more about Dr. Williams and his work!

Your interviews are always outstanding and each time I learn something extremely valuable that I can apply to everyday life that I wouldn’t have come across. I am very grateful for all the knowledge you share. Keep it up!!! 🙂

51. Christine says:

Very different angle today, good food for thought. Avatar had such beautiful messages, so hard to incorporate them into modern life. But this group will certainly will come up with many ideas to move of from the toxic, poisonous, disconnected isolated state of being that costs us so much in terms our relationships and our health. This is a good reminder to get walking again. Just started an herb and vegetable garden, it does feel like I am getting more connected to my food. I have tons and tons of community in my life, no complaints there. As to the spiritual….well, still working that one out.

I just LOVE this show, am losing a lot of night bey staying up way to late by reading all comments. Karen and Annemarie, you do great work and I intend to start buying products from your website to support your business.

Take care,Chrisitne

52. Sharon says:

Definitely out of balance!

53. jak archer says:

thank you Jessica and Sharon for your comments, I love reading what you all have to say.jakjak.

54. THank you Kevin for this interview

would you put the complete interview on inner cycle ?

Yes, it seems that only part of the nutrition is important for good health. The large part seems to be the balance with the environment and your social environment.
    Despite I moved to Europe and then France in June last year, I am still not in balance: I eat very vegan green part from the garden of my parents, I ride my bike at least every 2 days for 2 hours but I don’t have a real social network except my family… because I don’t know where I will be next month depending on found job in biomedical research. Visiting my best friends in Germany last week, I was maybe back in balance.

Keep posting such great interviews
    Dr. Jerome

55. Stephanie says:

Fabulous interview Kev! As for the three…I think I have bits and pieces of each that ebb and flow in and out with one of the three sort of playing theme to that particular “era” for me. It’s not balanced equally at the same time.

56. Morgane says:

Thank you so much for such interesting infos! I know i sure don’t have the 3 elements to really have a balanced life…humm working on it!

I am trying to go to the gym but since 2 or 3 months, as soon as i do cardio, and start sweating i am having horrible rashes, that drive me crazy, i could hurt myself. I usually have to stop my cardio and as soon as my body temperature goes back down, the rashes are gone!
    What could it be?? I stopped eating meat and dairy 2 months ago, but i think i started to have it even a month before……

If you have any idea??
    Thanks for your help!!

57. Chris & Sara says:

WOW! I wish I could crawl in J.E.’s brain and crawl around a bit!! What amazing experiences he has had! 🙂

Totally great points hes made! Food isnt everything. I think community, and being balanced and connected with your heart and mind make a HUGE difference in your overall well being. I have been sort of craving more community, and it is difficult in our modern american culture… I must say. There is ‘surface” community, but not GENUINE community like he is speaking of. (I do love the Renegade Health Community though!!) I do feel that is a huge part of the puzzle that is missing. At least for me. There is too much separateness. Inside and out! Working on that….

We do eat from our land and pretty much all local organic. We could tell a difference within a couple of weeks when we moved here and began our gardens. It connected us to the nature here in ways I cant really describe…

As for exercise, that is an easy one for us for some reason. We love to move and feel strong & flexible.
    In fact we are off to the gym now!
    Thanks Kev, I dont know how you find these people, but AMAZING manifesting on your part! Thanks for sharing.. We are all sooo blessed to have found you!

Love Chris & Sara

58. Lisa says:

Most of the raw/vegan literature makes an example of the Eskimos citing that they have the highest rates of osteoporosis anywhere, supposedly due to their extremely high protein diets. Dr. Wlilliams stated exactly the opposite. What is the truth, or at the least, what is your opinion? ;o) Sources?

~Lisa

59. Anne Hunt says:

1. No- not totally connected to environment
    2. No- exercise- quit a few years back
    3. No/yes- coummunity -we have had one block party since we moved in 25 years ago…have a few friends that we keep in touch with and family visits daily.

60. Mel says:

Somebody mentioned that they wanted to hear from an expert on Weston Price’s work. Dr. Ron Schmid is the person I would recommend.

61. Yes,I believe I’m connected with all three and finding out that most important is to be in “resonance” with all three-being fluid in daily -constant awareness (in check) of these- individual- bounderies-proving -seeing to myself that,yes it works!(these ideas work)especially the spiritual side…you know when you are connected…which varifies the other two issues!

62. Gina Maria says:

Thanks again Kevin and yes it makes perfect sense

Yes to exercise
    I try to connect to my environment
    community—not in this neihborhood most are too selfish and gossip gossip gossip and Drama….thats not what I’m all about so I look into the online community my own family and now I found an Organic farm community thats not too far from here.

63. Dianne says:

Eskimos?

“Inuit” please. 🙂

Canadian Dianne

64. Diane says:

If we genuinely put God first in our life, then we will live whole-heartedly for Him, & He will be able to work most actively through & in us. If God is not our #1 object of love & worship then something else will be. Everyone -regardless of religion, or lack of one – worships something, or someone. As a society we worship wealth, sex, status. We put vast amounts of our time, resources & effort into acquiring these things. Whenever we lust after someone we are worshipping them & their body instead of God. We either worship creation or creator.

65. Diane says:

TRUTH of Jesus Christ – we are to make Him the centre of our lives, exalt Him above every other thing, & sacrifice things that keep us from focusing wholly on Him. When we do that, our selfish desires fade & sin loses its grip on us because we are living the way we were made to live. We are set free. The ironic thing is that we cling to our sin & selfish desires but if we put God 1st we will receive the best He has for us. The root of this is doubt in God, a doubt that he will keep His promises & really bless us & that He has a plan for our good if we do things His way. We want to do things our way because we have more trust in ourselves.

66. Holly Young says:

I too have really admired the indigenous way of life for a long time now, after studying Anthropology in college. I think that our current way of life is very unfortunate and unnatural, especially when we live in cities. However, I don’t think that human nature has changed that much, just our surroundings. If we change our surroundings, we could get back to our roots more. My partner and I try to eat as much local, organic produce as possible, maintain a relationship with our Creator, exercise daily in a variety of ways, and we are still working on building community.

67. This shows how one diet is not right for everyone and how we don’t need to get hung up on one particular way of eating. It seems that more important than that are the other factors he mentioned, as well as connection to the environment.