Raw Food Valentines Day Recipes for You! – The Renegade Health Show Episode #502

Wednesday Feb 10, 2010 | BY |

Not only does Annmarie show you how to make a fun Valentine’s Day raw food recipe today…

She also has 3 more that you can download for free below the video!

It’s our gift to you. :-)

Take a look and enjoy…

Your question of the day: What are you doing for Valentine’s Day?

Here are the 4 Raw Food Valentine’s Day recipes for you!

Raw Food Recipe for Chocolate Peppermint Milkshake
Raw Food Recipe for Chocolate Pudding
Raw Food Recipe for Heart Healthy Raw Cookies
Raw Food Recipe for Macaroons

(Just click on the links and you’ll be able to download the .PDF file)

The raw food recipe for today is the second download!

BTW: Be sure to check out Annmarie on Joe Kasper’s interview show tomorrow night! She’ll be talking about healthy skin care…

Thursday 10 pm EST: 712 432-1601
Your Access Code: 709529#

1. Melissa says:

I’m going to watch a musical called “Nanta” in Seoul, South Korea, see the movie “Valentine’s Day,” and search for the organic food store in Seoul called “Huckleberry Farms” with my boyfriend– all while we’re both wearing the new Adidas Storm Trooper sneakers and matching track hoodie! :D Haha…South Korea has this thing where couples match, so we’re trying to fit in. :P

2. Mary Artemis says:

Well, looks like we may be making some of AnnMarie’s healthy dessert – maybe chocolate sauce !

It is our anniversary here in Stamford, so I think I will just sit back and enjoy that fact !!
    Mary (& Michael)

3. Tonja says:

I’m going to the opera to watch my husband perform his first lead role!!!!

4. Adriana says:

So, Kevin watch out! No chocolate sauce for you…as I see you already found a better way to enjoy & using it as a warrior sign…haha. I like how playful you two are always.

No plans for Valentine Day although is my birthday. Anywhere I would like to go is too crowded, so I prefer to have some fun at home.

5. LDW says:

In the chocolate peppermint milkshake you do not mention peppermint at all. So how would it have a peppermint taste.

6. Brooke says:

First off, thank you very much for the free raw valentine’s recipes. I can’t wait to try them. As for our valentines plans, I am making a vegan dinner for my boyfriend and I. However, he will be eating meat with his dinner. I just can’t convince him that animal products are unhealthy…..

7. Ronn says:

I live in Oklahoma City, and we’re lucky enough to have a great raw food restaurant here – Matthew Kenney’s 105 Degrees. Valentine’s Day will be my partner’s and my 38th anniversary, so I kinda think we’ll be dining out that day! :)

Thank you guys for the great recipes! The Heart Healthy cookies sound especially delicious!

8. Teree says:

Valentine Greetings to you both…

Thanks for sharing these recipes AnnMarie…I try everything once and have yet to be disappointed with any of your kitchen creations! You keep me inspired!

Smiles,
    Teree

9. Ellena says:

oooh i love chocolate sauce!
    My husband and I and 5 other couples are having a dinner party where each couple is responsible for a different course. Well, one couple is bringing dance music and teaching us how to dance (they’re professionals:) the ladies are taking care of the food part and the men are responsible for ambience. Works out well.
    Can’t wait.

10. Angelique says:

“What else would you do with it?” LOL!

11. Samantha says:

Couples yoga class!

12. Tara Burner says:

Great video (as always)
    and I’ll be doin nothing on Valentine’s day
    just another day :(

13. Kathy says:

Thank you so much for the free recipes. I’ve been looking for some sweet treats that won’t sabotage my raw food diet as I’ve been tempted by regular “sad” desserts lately!

14. Gina says:

Thanks for the great recipes. I got all of them except for the cookies,for some reason it won’t come up. Hubby will be out of town for Vday, so a nice book and some peace and quiet will be my Vday. Looking forward to seeing you soon in West Palm Beach.

15. Susan Bessette says:

We never venture out on Valentine’s Day because we figure all the world is out and about, and our anniversary is 5 days later. We go out to a nice restaurant on the 19th. 38 yrs next week! This will be our first year as vegans. I will call the restaurant to see if they can fix something special for us.
    The chocolate sauce looks yummy. Can’t wait to try it.

16. Ade says:

AWESOME!!!!! SO Good!!!!!! However, camera-man, please speak more clearly coz I love your comments (jokes?)….they compliment well. I believe it is tough to talk and shoot at the same time? Anyway, both of you are SO good!

17. Think I’ll probably clean my house, just like every Sunday! Will celebrate Valentine’s day on Saturday by giving Valentines and raw chocolate pudding to my grandkids, although I will have to adapt it a bit, the coconuts we get here don’t look anything like the ones you guys have!

18. Kristen says:

I’ll be enjoying the day with my daughter. We are headed to see the Sleeping Beauty at the Pacific Northwest Ballet. Enjoy

19. Victoria says:

I will be baking my pup some liver cupcakes for his birthday, but that’s about. As someone said earlier: just another day.

20. Sophia says:

Going to a Fair Trade Conference!!!!

21. Mila Ilina says:

You guys are too cute!

22. LuAnn Agustin says:

Mmmmm… yummy!
    hah! I half expected to see Kevin give Annmarie a big ole’ slurp up her cheek!
    Happy Valentines to all you lovers out there. Me and mine are spending it at home doing some recipe experimenting.

23. Peg says:

Don’t know yet what I will do for Valentine’s Day. My husband’s birthday is on Feb 14 so he usually gets all the attention; however, he is overseas visiting family this month so my son and I are on our own. We will probably not do much of anything and that’s OK. I think some chocolate will be in the picture, though :) I appreciate the new recipes.

24. Sarah says:

Going to the Circus with my daughter and hubby… then to R. Thomas in Atlanta for some good eats! :)

25. Rose Goddess says:

Eating Raw Chocolate and Making Love… The rest is a surprise;)

26. Hi Kevin and Annemarie

I have no plans for Valentine’s Day
    I am in Florida visiting my family and hope
    we can connect while I am here

Also, visit my blog http://www.rawsomegal.wordpress.com and read about my 42 day cleanse that I finished mid-January and I have also written about my transition back to food. I continue to write about health related topics and post daily (off on weekends). To read about my cleanse from day 1, click on December 2009. Share this with others who may be interested.

Namaste!
    Chef Mindy aka Ageless Raw Beauty

27. I am hanging out with Zippy dog. Otherwise I am solo so nothing special.
    That was a funny video. Can we do carob sauce instead? : )
    I try to stay around stimulants.

28. Rachel Ngai says:

Chinese new year is coming up –The year of Tiger. The 14th. Great receipes for the chinese new year. Instead of buying traditional candies or cookies, I will try to make my own. Can I bake them in the oven instead, 200F? since I don’t have a dehydrator. I will use carob instead.

29. Tahnee says:

How do you make you Coconut butter?

30. Thank you Kevin & AnnMarie for such a GREAT show.. You guys are so CUTE :)

I am going for a 10+ mile Trail Run with my Trail Running Group in the AM and then relaxing a bit with my hubby and then out to a romantic dinner with him…. He bought me NEW Running Shoes for Valentine’s Day.. I LOVE them.. :)

31. Juliet says:

Before watching this video, I made a raw dessert for the first time last night. I used Matt Amsdens recipe for Coconut Fudge. I tweeked the recipe and added a little vanilla powder, pinch of sea salt and some chile de arbol.

Not having a sweet tooth by nature; I was motivated to try this recipe so I could bring it to work for Valentines Day to serve to my clients in which I offer them teas, espresso, bottled water, fruit juice. Having this raw fudge to serve in place of a standard cookie will be a fun way to introduce them to something raw. Personally, I had a sample bite and it is much too rich for me, but it was tasty. I think your pudding recipe is a lighter dessert even though Kevin doesn’t think so;)

I will be going solo for Valentines Day, but I will have spent the day with some most fabulous clients, so all in all..I’d say that’s a ‘Good Day’.

J~

32. I am going to celebrate St. Triphon’s Day, because that is his day of commemoration in Russian Orthodox Church, not St. Valentine. We’ll go to church, then will do something together with the whole family.Thank you for the recipes.

33. Spending time with my hubby and daughter – loved the recipes! Happy Valentine’s Day Anne-Marie and Kevin…

34. awwe i wish i could do something super special for V-day!!! nothing big planned, just rock climbing with a couple friends…but that’s fun too!
    oh man i overdo it on chocolattie raw desserts by a LOT! oh no lol I need to watch it even though they’re so yummy!

35. Denise says:

Great recipes!
    Handy to have them fixed up so very nicely,
    and easy to print out.
    But a bit expensive printing, color-wise….
    Thanks so much — you two are so
    cute together!

36. desri says:

LDW the peppermint is in the greens mix xx

37. rose says:

going to a raw valentines pot luck…

is this what you did to some man on his buck’s night, cover his naked body in chocolate? and…?

38. Anne Hunt says:

We are going to a “Winter Fest” that is an outdoor party under a huge tent with a live band that plays ’70’s music….

Could AnnMarie give a daily/weekly/monthly routine with her skin care products?
    Thanks, Anne

39. Crystal says:

Kevin… I hear you talk quite a bit about chocolate ruining your health… Did you do an episode on that? I must have missed it. How much were you eating? I don’t want to miss the scoop. Thanks

40. Joan says:

Thanks for the recipes! We will have quiet time at home since hubby has been out of town for quite awhile…

41. zyxomma says:

Sweetie & I will have a live food feast. I’ve already made the mix for the main dish (winter squash, Brazil nuts, fresh sage, a little young coconut, pinch of Himalayan salt, pinch of cinnamon) in the Vitamix, I’ll dehydrate it today. Also making spinach/basil pesto to serve on avocado slices, whipped yams (yam, pecan, cinnamon, dates), and a green — probably broccoli rabe, which I cut up, salt-massage, and dress with garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil. If I can find cranberries, I’ll make them with tangerine & tangerine zest, a mix of sweet spices, and dates. First course will be fennel-saffron broth with (salt-massaged) fennel slices, shallot, and picholine olives (had that for New Year’s eve at Pure Food & Wine; I’m good at reproducing others’ recipes — trained palate!). That leaves dessert. The mangoes at the health food store looked good last time I visited, so probably mango mousse (Florida avocado, mango, sweet spices, a little young coconut, vanilla bean & a pinch of salt). If I can’t get good mangoes, I’ll make something else. If nothing is tempting enough, I’ll defrost a couple of slices of the live Key lime pie I have in the freezer (pistachio crust topped with Key lime mousse). Happy year of the Tiger, happy V-Day, and health & peace to all!

42. Stephanie says:

Gotta love the wearable chocolate. ;) We’ll be hitting our favorite raw restaurant/hangout the Daily Juice Cafe here in Austin for their Electric Chocolate Dance Party. Chocolate, elixirs, kombucha, awesome dance beats…. The one last year ended with a meditation circle around 3 am, so we’re told (we went home before that, though). It’s great to be among like-minded folks – and be able to dance in a place where no one’s spilling alcohol on you. Cheers, kids!

43. Arletty says:

All night Gayatri with twenty odd people and musicians, ending with a raw brunch, catered by me! And Yes, we’ll be eating chocolate!

44. Cherry Tye says:

Such creativeness with the chocolate Kevin! I didnt expect that! I did anticipate you slipping in a quick little nibble from Ann Marie’s cheek though. Im sure you did off camera :-)
    I think it would be hard to always do everything you would like when you are in front of a camera. I would always be saying “darn, I forgot…….” Have a wonderful V-day and weekend.

45. Cherry Tye says:

No car or money right now so we wont be going out. Been married 25yr. It has just been a rough season. Marriage takes cycles and you just hang with it. Not so much due to the holiday but due to the season in our marriage I plan on trying to get him to sit down and tell him about all the positive traits he has and recount the good things he has done and apologize for any hurts I may have caused.

Of course I, like most people, can quickly think of all the wrongs and pain he has brought into my life but I feel God wants me at this time to focus on me…not on my wants but on my flaws and how He can turn things around…we all have them. When I see myself clearly then others dont look so bad. I then plan on rubbing his back and neck (lots of car wrecks) and then just snuggling close and listening to the sound of his heart beat as I reminise about our romantic times together and how things could be even better in the future. Never let the business of life take your time together. In my opinion, it is the biggest cause of marital abortion.
    Marriage is a living thing that needs nurturing. Always make dates, look in the eyes of the other and think about how you could have difussed the argument so damaging words dont start or continue. Yes, we both have failed in these areas but NEVER give up.
    There is always hope. Its not about the day or the chocolate but about the commitment. Everyday should be Valentines day no matter the circumstances. Its easy to be lovey when someone is nice. True love is kind even when the other person isnt. This is a day the Lord has made;let us rejoice and be glad in it. Encourage one another and build each other up. Sound advice for all relationships. I guess that is what I am doing for v-day. I just want to love deeper. We have all been hurt. Lets just stop the cycle and truly ejoy this day and every day.

46. Jacquie says:

You guys are so darned adorable. ;-) For Valentine’s Day, I’m going to make my un-healthy, un-raw husband a chocolate peppermint shake and continue to hope and pray that I’m making a powerful enough example that he’ll, one day, want to join me on this journey to heavenly health. :-) Oh, Annmarie, I love the recipes on that wonderful “love” paper. You two are just the best! Thanks so much for sharing! Blessings and health,

47. Andréa says:

I am going to cuba with my honey!!

48. Marie1225 says:

Hi Guys,

I will be at church just like every Sunday. Then afterwards my parents are coming over. My husband is out of the country so my kids are my valentines this weekend. To celebrate I’m taking them to the kids’ museum today.

Have a great raw life!