I Eat Raw Foods But I’m Still Always Sick – The Renegade Health Show Episode #460

Monday Dec 14 | BY |

Have you been on the raw food diet for a while and are still getting sick more than you think you should?

Many people chalk this sickness up to “detox symptoms”… I tend to disagree. It’s more like “denial symptoms”.

Denial that maybe you aren’t getting all the nutrition you need for two reasons.

I discuss them in today’s show!

I also talk about probiotics, two heads of greens a day and more.

Your question of the day: What is your mission?

If you want to get your holiday shopping done stress-free, here’s where to go… www.RenegadeHealth.com/holiday2009

1. Linda Miller says:

My primary goal in telling others about eating raw foods and living an optimum healthy lifestyle is to let them know they have a choice, especially if they have an illness. If they reject that information, fine, but they ought to at least be told that there are other options than drugs and surgeries.

2. Robin says:

Hey Kevin,
    Loved the answer time! Very helpful!
    I am eating way more lettuce since meeting you and Annmarie! One simple goal I have is to eat more KALE! I never ever touched kale my entire life until two weeks ago. I blended it in my juice and it was AMAZING! So the goal is to up my amount and get my kids to give it a try! All this because of you guys.
    Peace,
    Robin

3. Brynda says:

my green smoothie today was red chard (3 leaves w/o stems)2 stalks of celery, one lime, one kiwi, water. It was delicious!
    My mission is to help others to realize the miracle of life, to honor the gift of our life and to connect to our creator. I do this by sharing info and creating paintings with health info in them. In general I want to discover the real truths of this world and develope a gift of discernment and ability to hear from God and know HIS will for me.

4. Diana says:

I agree with the more greens goal! Good advice you gave to the person who still gets colds. I am almost 100% raw (most days I am) and I do not get sick. I also take Marine Phytolankton and some minerals I was lacking in my diet.
    My goal is to spread the word and help educate people about the raw diet – getting more raw, whole foods into their diet. So important and life changing!
    I have a blog for perimenopause health naturally (women in their 40’s) where I share recipes & info http://www.dianamarchand.com
    Thanks for, as always, some great info!
    Diana

5. Joan says:

Everybody is different, so we each have to figure out what works for us. A strong immune system is vital, so choices we make strengthen or weaken our immune system. My mission is to be healthy, happy and enjoy financial freedom – which is a “one day at time” challenge to attain. I am not growing old gracefully, I am fighting it every inch of the way with proper choices for me. I am free of aches and pains and want to keep it that way – I don’t think we are suppose to suffer, but to thrive. And as I learn from my experiences, I share with others…have a great day!

6. Trudy Lane says:

My goal is to enjoy my raw food life style and to share it with whoever wants to know.

7. May Blom says:

It’s funny you ask this question because I have been trying to figure out what my mission is….. I really would like to see everyone enjoy their life and know that yes, it is possible! The glass is always half full with me and it should be with everyone!

8. Julie says:

My Goal is to educate people that they also need to Change there Water and they can Change there lives! Water is NOT Just Water! Check it out at http://www.youralkalinebody.com and get a Free E-Book to get even more information to help on your journey!

9. Joy Houston says:

Love this post, THANK YOU! As for my big goal it is to inspire people to have no less than 75% fresh live veggies in their diet. It’s not 100% raw but for the mainstream eater- I feel confident that would help turn our collective health around!

10. E. A. Reed says:

Today’s question is a cool one. It’s inspiring and neat to see other folk’s response to it, really.
    Your extra-lettuce-leaf-on-every-plate goal is a great one, Kevin. I applaud you both for your efforts in promoting vibrant health.
    My own missions are to 1) be a really good person and 2) help people overcome their addictions and eating disorders with fasting and raw food.
    Best of luck to you all in achieving your own dreams.
    Peace.

11. Kristen says:

Kevin, Thank you, I’m on it! I just ordered a full vitamin/mineral/amino acid test and looking around for essential fatty acid test. I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while – thanks for the push. I appreciate this forum and everyone’s thoughtful input. Kristen

12. junglegirl says:

Sometimes people just need to wash there hands more often, esp. if they work with the public or handle money – or eat with their hands, and esp in winter. This helps massively. NOT anti-bacterial gels, but simply soap and water, done thoroughly.

13. Toni Kaste says:

You can NEVER eat too many greens!(if you are not on medications) When you think you’ve eaten enough greens… eat more greens.

My goal is to REVERSE my Lupus with diet and lifestyle NO DRUGS!

14. Dawni says:

Oh my, I do love how it feels in my body to go with the two heads of greens per day. My red chard potion yesterday made me break in song and my body was on such a wondrous, radiant vibe for the entire day.

I am always surprised by what an amazing fuel the bunches of living sunshine do in the body…my body. Yeah!!!!!!

I had an amazing relevation this weekend as I looked at my blood chemistry information. I thought about all the dialogues we’ve had at Renegade Health about getting tested. I wrote to Victoria Boutenko and posted a copy to the Renegade Health Inner Circle Blog…Thyroid Function and Raw Foods.

If you are a part of the Inner Circle – please take a look at my post and share your thoughts and experiences.

My mission includes creating a world that works for all.. Liberation from toxic foods, emotions, societal conditioning, pollution, TV/Media etc… We are a drunken society — and can’t possibility make wise decisions if we are all drunk. Who will take the key from the drunk driver, if we are all intoxicated? Optimal health is a great beginning place to spawn an awakening. I support that in myself and extend the opportunity to those I am connected.

I rely on the power inherent within the morphogenic field to bring about collective transformation.

Dawni

15. junglegirl says:

Also wondering which greens you are eating to get your two bunches a day. Primarily kale or do you include romaine in that or bok choy, etc?

Your show helped me to wonder if I eat too much kale so now I am mixing it up with bok choy which has high vit C, dandelion greens, sprouts, and spinach for now. This is a really good shift for me, so thank you for the head’s up : )

16. Veronika says:

My mission is to show others how to live healthy by leading by example. Of course that means more greens!! =)

I would also like to say that bumper stickers work! I remember 4 years ago I saw a bumper sticker on someone’s car that said “EAT MORE KALE” and I thought, what the heck is kale? An algae? I didn’t do any research after that but that statement intrigued me and stayed with me, because every once in a while I would think about kale. Finally I went to the store and starting cooking with some. I was steaming it for a while until I tasted someone’s dehydrated kale chips, and then learned how to make a raw kale salad. My whole world opened up from there.

17. Heidi says:

Hi Kevin

I love your shows – please never stop them! I live in South Africa and your shows bring the raw food movement closer than I am able to get right now.

I was watching an old clip of yours called: ‘my cacao incident’recelty. In it, you mention that you were trying to get rid of candida. I got breast cancer last year and have had 3 surgeries in one year followed by 3 courses of very strong post-surgery antibiotics. The result is that I now have candida. Please can you tell me how you over came yours.

rgs
    Heidi

18. Crystal says:

Get everyone to add Pure Synergy Superfoods to their diet, by doing so their body will automatically crave healthier foods!! 🙂

19. Sarah Hauch says:

To get people to join the mystery school and awaken to their potential. To empower themselves to ‘know thyself’ and to finally take charge of their lives.

Sarah xoxo

20. John says:

My goal is to promote veganism (not necessarily raw) and to influence those around me to make a better choice. I want my loved ones to live as long as possible in good health. My other goal is to be the happiest, healthiest, and best that i can be. That is what attracted me to this website in the first place.

21. Karen says:

Kevin…you look RADIANT! The greens, being home? Being in love? Your look on the video today and the past few days is divine health; nice job!

I have to agree with you on the greens! I have been juicing parsley, kale, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower and just getting more green has made a huge difference in my energy, health, vibration in general. I have a different take on the person getting sick all the time, email me and I’ll share that sometime; we’ll talk.

My goal, is to show the world the connection between thoughts, personal vibration and dis-ease and/or wellness. It’s more simple than we ever thought. It’s powerful and I have been reviewing it with my practice with massage and energy clients where psychosomatics were really little known.

My Goal: I want to help life consciousness in the culture we live in today, we are not serving the children educationally or spiritually, we as adults lack self-discipline and we need more good instruction on how to live a healthy lifestyle and have self=discipline to move forward into greater consciousness and living in the present with connection and compassion for one another.

in peace,

Karen

22. Angie says:

High levels of stress can be a factor in susceptibility to illness, too.

Now that I heard your statement of what your mission is, I’ll have to think about mine a bit more…Haha! “Eat more lettuce” should be the sign around a cow’s (or a twinkie’s) neck (spoofing the “Eat mor chickin” ads by Chick Fil-A).

23. Torey Taylor says:

Kevin, great show as usual. Could you please give us the name of the other green drink you mentioned, refitify? The way I am spelling it didn’t come up and I couldn’t understand who you said makes it. Thanks so much. You guys do a fantastic job.

24. Michael says:

My aim is to allow Life to express more and more through me, and one step is to take care of the physical body. Feeling healthy somehow makes one more connected to the sensible world around us and within us.

25. Shannon says:

my biggest challenge is finding a place to stash all my produce. seriously, it doesn’t fit in a regular fridge. where do you guys keep yours?

26. Cindi says:

Great Show Kevin… as always…. ty…. my thing right now is just to try to get it right for me… so when I do finally get there… I can be an example to others… especailly family and friends…. thanks guys for all u do! smiles, me

27. Peter says:

Very good Kevin,
    Mostly in USA and lived other countries too- I found out that to be whole takes three physical, emotional and specially Spiritual as mission to myself and to all who want to know all the secrets of life.

28. Nancy Zare says:

My goal is to found a healing center where alternative health practitioners can study, learn and apply their trade, and at the same time, the general public can receive quality, low-cost treatment. The center may also be residential so that people can stay for extended periods and be restored to health.

29. Koa says:

If things aren’t right, it’s not always what you need to add!! I cut out the nuts and oils (olive!), and my nails finally started getting strong, telling me I was now absorbing the nutrients better. And although I wasn’t “sick” before, I am now less tired, more energetic and happier. I believe the nuts and oils to be more of a transitional food. Also I think dehydrated foods are drying to the body and I avoid them now, too. Fruits and veggies, baby!

30. Leam says:

If everyone ate a raw fruit or vegetable with every snack or meal, this would surely make a difference in changing peoples eating habits. I heard this years ago and think that it holds true.

By the way, your hair keeps looking better and better.

Great show – really well thought out info. Thanks!

31. Heyward says:

My goal….
    …..
    …….
    …hrm.

32. Heyward says:

…..oh! My goal is to……..
    ……..
    …..
    shoot, wait…

33. Amy says:

Kevin,
    On the subject of probiotics–I have found that some make me bloat so much that I look 5 months pregnant! Do you know why that would be? I have also heard if you take probiotics with meals instead of away from them, they can also cause bloating. Any thoughts?

34. Heyward says:

……
    …….
    ………
    my goal is to “complete a list of 10 possible goals.”

35. Rosa says:

For Kristen- I did not hear any mention of colonics. They are essential along with knowing what is going on with your blood/internal health.
    My mission in this lifetime is to evolve to my highest spiritual vibration. I read the Essene Gospels constantly to help me. And as I evolve, I am an example for others.
    Thanks for the example you & Annamarie set for us all.

36. Avi Saha says:

My goal is definitely to learn new things as much as possible, build on new ideas and connect them to old.

and to kristen – she said she does moderate exercise – which needs defining.. 3 days a week of an elliptical? or weight training? Weight training produces much more immune response than moderate cardio, even before I was 100% raw, I didn’t get sick due to the weight training I did

37. Jo says:

To Veronika Post #15…..I have that bumper sticker on my car and I am hoping that people will do what you did!!! Check out KALE!!! My daughter calls me a big nerd!:) My mission….like most of the great people on this blog is to talk to the people that ask about making those little changes that can really make a big impact. YOu should hear the questions I get about the green smoothies I have as a snack at work:)They ask great questions, but no one has told me that they have tryed to make them. in time in time….thanks for a great show, as always Kevin!

38. Maria says:

WOW Kevin, you are on FIRE today!!!:-) Wow about the algae and amino acids, that is brilliant to know.
    SOOOO great that Kristen has ordered the tests – go Kristen!!! (and I hope you will keep us all updated gal:-).

Ok. My mission. Gee you caught me off-guard there.
    My misson is connection. Connection with myself, connection with other people, connection with the Earth. To suppport and experience and help others experience ***REAL CONNECTION***, that crackling of electricity of real emotional true connection with other human beings and through that the love care nurture and creativity that it brings. Real connection and not the substitutes so many use (drink, drugs, junky tv, junk foods, expensive ‘must-haves’, too much ‘drama’ in one’s life etc etc). Connection is the most amazing thing to me.
    (As it happens, it took me a long time to find and I nearly died because of that but when I found it it blew my world completely upside down and inside out and apart in every possible way – the BEST possible way…).

Ok, so as you caught me off guard Kev I hope I am allowed to refine my mission over coming weeks, lol.
    You’re the best x

39. Misty says:

My goal is to run again.
    To obtain balance within my body and optimal health, and digestion.

40. Ellena says:

My mission and my goals are completely different. I believe my mission is to help others know God. In that I have goals, Goals to help others understand healthier food choices thus gaining more energy and being less sick. And even in that its understanding how God created everything, for our enjoyment but also for our health and benefit.Another goal is myself to be an example in both areas. I am going back to school for nutrition, but I know that if I am going to talk the talk I need to walk the walk. In my relationship with God and food. People don’t really care what you have to say, they care about how you live it out.The more you live it the more people will listen.

41. Dede says:

Hey Kevin – just wanted you to know – your’s and Annmarie’s “eat more greens mission” worked on me :-). I was really surprized (ok – maybe my feelings were hurt :-)) at first when so many people at work made fun of my huge “greens mostly” salads for lunch…but you know – people make fun of that which makes them uncomfortable. Its been over a year now that they have watched me eat that “all those greens” everyday for lunch – and the criticizing has been replaced with curiousity – well – for the most part. Anyhow – you can consider your “mission accomplished” with me – I easily eat at least a head of greens a day :-)…hugs, Dede

42. Jentree says:

Torey (post #21) — I believe it is called “Revitafy”

My mission?….To grow more in love with my Savior and be someone who helps change the negative image of Christianity. 🙂

I really enjoy the show Kevin!

43. Leslie says:

What about just not getting enought water, good clean water. Not acid water, which are most of your bottled water or dead water, osmosis or water that all the minerals have been removed? Then what about the mis- combining of foods. Even if they are raw they still need to be eaten in the optimum way of fruits on an empty stomach and veges and protiens eaten separately. This way the food is digested, which leads to more nutrient absorbtion and less putification or fermentation in the gut.

44. Subee says:

My mission is to know and do God’s will in all things…family/relationships, self-care, work, community/global issues.

I found that I got “sick” when I first started eating mostly raw, and honestly, I do think it was a form of detox, only because I went to the dr and she gave me antibiotics and they didnt work. She said that I would not have yellow mucous if it wasnt bacterial. But then y didnt the medicine work? The whole time, I didnt feel sick, I just had sooo much mucous and it made me cough like crazy.

I think if someone is getting sick on raw, then ur right on Kevin. I also think it could be a few other things– stress, (including obsessing about always having to eat raw or anything) and forms of physical stress–overeating, especially at night; overexercising; not sleeping enough. I truly believe that you can eat the greatest diet in the world, but if you are taking in too many calories, esp. when ur metabolism is slowing down for the day, you will be “clogged” and ur body will be working too hard, and ur immune system could be adversely affected. I have found that it is VERY easy to take in too many calories on a raw diet– nuts, seeds, coconut, cacao, avocados, and the raw oils used in some recipes– very, very calorie, mostly from fat, dense.
    Add to this too little sleep, which is the body’s time to digest/assimilate/recover/heal, and the free-radical producing effects of too much exercise, and I dont think, all the kale in the world wont prevent illness.

That’s my two cents, but I wish everyone out there luck on their journey’s with this stuff!

45. nick says:

My Mission is to help pregnant mothers discover humane and healthy alternatives to the SAD diet
    and the (ab)use of vaccinations. Learning and teaching children and adults about wild food, herbs and medicinal mushrooms.

46. Betsy says:

For Heidi in South Africa,

Try this juice on an empty stomach at least 2 to 3 times a day, do not eat aft 1 hr. same portion of carrots, potatoes and apples, lemon is optional. give it a try , in 6 mths time you will see cancer cell being inhibited.

47. sherry says:

I do not know any more.Data on raw food keeps on changing I just don’t know. I am going to stick with my sprouts and data on what David wolfe has said for now.Along with probiotics.
    I am trying to do this as cheaply as I can.
    Lettuce costs 2.00 and up each every day can add up.I will stick with sprouts.

48. Muriel says:

My mission is to love God, be a good and loving parent, best ever gramma and a trusting, supportive, caring friend.
    Fall asleep every night being grateful for something good to be thankful for.

49. Connie says:

I choose to survive and arrive alive in Messiah’s Kingdom–and bring as many people with me as possible. They need to know the truth about what’s really going on in this screwed up world, and so I created my website (http://www.home-and-school-solutions.com) which has several major sections–each of which expresses a different part of my mission. People need to be healthy, so I became a Juice Plus distributor: http://www.lacelle-solution-juiceplus.com. I want to grow and preserve as much of my own food as possible, so I have been focussing on gardening, canning and dehydration this year. My family needs to change its eating habits and get healthier, so I research health topics–which is why I love this forum. Need I say more?

Connie

50. john says:

#37,Ellena well said, I agree.Kevin, would like maybe in future to have Dr. Young explain in more detail at how all the interactions of various foods once consumed play out in the cells of the humane body,as how it turns to fungus /mold.And proof of it using a microscope, for people out there who might be skeptical about this science . God bless.

51. Alyssia says:

My ultimate goal is Salvation of all mankind through the redemptive blood of Christ.
    Anything done on our own strength is transient, often void and unfulfilling.
    Can you think of something more important?
    Perhaps lettuce comes second.

52. Brianna says:

My ultimate goal is to help people understand just how good they can feel!!

And I just have to say, Officially- Kevin and Annmarie: The renegade health show has changed my life… I am so grateful and blessed to have it in my life! I feel happy, all the time. All the time!! And I’ve found my passion in life… it’s wonderful. I wake up each morning with a smile on my face… even when I struggle, I am still, under it all, grateful and happy.

Thank you sooooo much. I honestly LOVE you guys!! And and, great show today 🙂

53. bethany says:

No one mentioned hydrogen peroxide. Dr. Mercola has recommended this. To prevent and treat colds, sore throats, and flu, put several drops of H2O2 in the ear and tilt your head to keep it there for a few seconds or more. Then put your head up and let it run out onto a Q-tip. It just feels like water unless you already have a cold or something then it will bubble. When I was a kid at summer camp the counselors would put a couple drops in our ears after swimming in the pool to prevent swimmer’s ear.

I do this every day and I haven’t been sick with a cold yet this season.
    My problem is candida/leaky gut and my mission is to get it under control if it takes my whole life.

Thank you for answering all those questions. You are very knowledgeable.

54. Brigitte says:

In regards to Torey Taylor, #21 above, the supplement is called “ReVitaPhi” and it is available in the superfoods section of Kevin and Annemarie’s Renegade Health Store.

55. Debbie says:

My goal is to help as many people as I can feel as wonderful as I do. I would love to help people be on the rawfood diet the correct way, with lots of greens, greens, greens (juices, smoothies, soups). I want to help ALL the sick people in the world feel better! 🙂

56. Jackie says:

I mam battling MS. My goal is to be 100% well and strong and healthy.

57. Don says:

I don’t believe in goals, but if I did it would be to eat 100% local foraged food. I don’t think most peoples health problems are from deficiencies but rather from toxicities, the most prominent being too much fat. If the whole world would read 80/10/10 and understand and apply its principles it would help.

58. Barbara says:

My goal?

Become Truly Free From Within and
    Let My Inner Beauty Shine

Meaning: find a way of directly expressing my source, or inner being,… without fear, hesitation, emotional blockage.

59. Michael T. says:

My mission is to bring some common sense to health issues.

People tend to get into extreme positions regarding health, and I seek to bring them back to a more centered place.

For example, saying that algae is “acid forming” is ridiculous. Blue-green algae is about 60 to 70 percent protein by weight, but the amount you eat is so small that it won’t make any difference in your acid/alkaline balance.

Common sense would indicate that if you are concerned about acidity, then you should reduce the amount of animal products, nuts and seeds in your diet, which are going to provide a whole lot more protein than you would ever get from algae.

It is unfortunate that some extremists say that algae should be avoided because of its protein content. You would have to eat large amounts of algae every day for it to cause acid buildup in the body.

So, go ahead and have a spoonful of algae in your smoothie. That amount is not going to make you acidic. But it will give you a large amount of chlorophyll and other wonderful nutrients.

For common sense,

Michael T.

60. Ricki says:

Kristen-

If your having trouble with colds Dr. Young has always has said there is no such thing as sick only a over acidic condition. So if your getting sick, your over acidic. The raw foods that you need to eat are green leafy vegetables, stay away from vegetables that have sugar in them like carrots, beets, and sugar fruits like banana, oranges, apples etc…
    Concentrate on lemon, limes, grapefruit and sour cherries, have the least amount of sugar.
    Lemon, Limes, and grapefruit are low in ph but when it hits your stomach it turns to alkaline, so this is good news! When your body is 20% acid and 80% alkaline it creates a environment that colds cannot live in. The same basis is for cancer. It is 80% acid and 20% alkaline that makes the environment in your body perfect for dis-ease.

Stay away from probiotics, algae, and fermented products. These can make you acidic
    and these products are micro organisms poop.
    NOT GOOD! Very devastating to your cells and ferments the cells. Instead of nice round healthy cells, it makes the cells look flat or different shapes, some look like a helmet, some cells look run together or clumped.
    Perfect environment for diseases and cancer!

Recipe:

2 Tomatoes diced
    1 cucumber diced
    1 lemon or lime
    3 Tab. of olive oil
    1 Tab.of hemp or flax seed oil
    real salt to taste (found in health food store)
    pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and put in refrig. for 15 min. serve either on a green salad or alone. Very good! Very alkaline

Dear Ricki,

Dr. Robert O. Young’s fundamental theory is that the human body is alkaline by design and acidic by function and that there is only one sickness, one disease, and one treatment. [RfC5 1][RfC5 2]

Dr. Young claims that this one sickness and one disease is the over-acidification of the blood and then tissues due to an inverted way of living, eating, and thinking.[RfC5 3]

Dr. Young also believes that hereditary factors and contagious microorganisms or germs are not the cause or source of the one disease but contribute to environmental, dietary, and metabolic acid, which he claims, is the source and cause of the one disease.[RfC5 4]

Dr. Young claims that the one treatment is to maintain the alkaline design of the body through an alkaline lifestyle and diet.[RfC5 1]

Dr. Young’s belief is that in the small intestine liquid food is biologically transformed into stem cells and then into erythroblasts and finally into the erythrocytes, or red blood cells.[RfC5 5][RfC5 6]

Dr. Young believes that the quality of red blood cells produced depends upon the pH of the foods and liquids taken into the body.[RfC5 5] Furthermore, he suggests that red blood cells transform into heart, liver, and brain cells, giving their initial conception stage in the small intestine great importance.[RfC5 5]

It is upon these premises that Young bases his alkaline protocol in the pH Miracle books. The alkaline protocol described in Young’s books recommends a low-stress lifestyle and a high-water content, high chlorophyll, plant-based diet including uncooked green vegetables and grasses, soaked nuts, sprouted seeds, un-fermented soy, polyunsaturated fats, cold-pressed oils, unprocessed salts, and low-sugar fruits such as avocados, tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers.[RfC5 7] Foods and liquids the alkaline protocol states should be used in moderation are high-carbohydrate vegetables such as potatoes, some grains, and fresh fish. [RfC5 8]

The “acidic” foods and liquids Young claims should be abstained from are natural or artificial sugar, pork, red meat, shellfish, eggs, dairy, processed and refined foods, cooked foods, yeast products, fermented foods, algaes, mushrooms, stored grains, artificial sweeteners, high-sugar fruit, alcohol, coffee, chocolate, black tea, caned foods, and sodas.[RfC5 8]

Dr. Young claims that unless the body is able to eliminate excess acidity through respiration, perspiration, defecation and urination, or buffer excess acidity with alkaline minerals such as sodium, magnesium, potassium and calcium bicarbonate, the body will become sick and decompose.[RfC5 6]

Dr. Young claims that weight gain, water retention, cholesterol, calcium stones, and tumors are all life saving mechanisms the body uses to store and deal with excess acidity in the body.[RfC5 6]

It is common in Young’s writings for him to explain these theories using a “fish tank” metaphor in which he compares the environment of the human body to the environment of a fish tank.[RfC5 9][RfC5 10]

Many Individuals who have adopted Young’s alkaline protocol claim it was a factor in helping them overcome their sickness and dis-ease.[RfC5 1][RfC5 11][RfC5 12][RfC5 10]

1. ^ a b c “In Search for Alternative…”. WCMessenger. http://www.wcmessenger.com/holistic/part_two.shtml. Retrieved on Jul, 2009.
    2. ^ Canada Consumer Health
    3. ^ Young’s Blog
    4. ^ Young, Robert (2001). Sick and Tired. pp. 27-28,66-67,205,248. ISBN 1-58054-030-9. http://books.google.com/books?id=I8sL16sztrAC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Sick+and+Tired.
    5. ^ a b c Young, Robert (2002). The pH Miracle. pp. 38-48. ISBN 0-446-52809-9. http://books.google.com/books?id=vZ07PgAACAAJ&dq=pH+Miracle.
    6. ^ a b c Young’s Blog2
    7. ^ Young, Robert (2002). The pH Miracle. pp. 37,41,50-80. ISBN 0-446-52809-9. http://books.google.com/books?id=vZ07PgAACAAJ&dq=pH+Miracle.
    8. ^ a b Young, Robert (2002). The pH Miracle. pp. 58,81-91. ISBN 0-446-52809-9. http://books.google.com/books?id=vZ07PgAACAAJ&dq=pH+Miracle.
    9. ^ “Authors Say Key to Health is in the Blood”. Arizona Tribune. May 30, 2002. http://archive.aztrib.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Search&Key=ATribuneL%2F2002%2F05%2F30%2F1%2FAr00102.xml&CollName=EVT_Archive_ATribuneL&DOCID=1198&Keyword=(pH~+and+Miracle~)&skin=EVTA&AppName=2&ViewMode=GIF. Retrieved on Apr 01, 2009.
    10. ^ a b Karr, Chris (2007). Crazy Sexy Cancer. pp. 129. ISBN 978-1-59921-231-9. http://books.google.com/books?id=xym9HByBEmkC&dq=Crazy+Sexy+cancer&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=48dLke4Yrr&sig=gNAYuLeZesJ1SIaA_cBvMbjvhFg&hl=en&ei=dogESu7TIozyMpqZ1KID&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6.
    11. ^ Cancer Angel
    12. ^ Stephenson, Sean (2009). Get Off Your But. pp. vii, 106-107. ISBN 978-0-470-39993-4. http://books.google.com/books?id=J-FvUPWt0VwC&pg=PT30&dq=Get+off+you+but+sean+Stephenson.
    In Love and Healing Light,

Robert O. Young, Ph.D., D.Sc.

Ricki
    promote2life@yahoo.com

61. Jackie says:

My goal is to get well again and I’m doing my best. How much is a head of green greens?
    Jackie

62. Mary Artemis says:

Mission: to inform women of their power and to inform men of the power of their women !
    Mary from Stamford

63. Dear Kevin –

I agree with the person above: my goals and my mission are two different things. My personal goals are to continue letting go of the fears and doubts that weigh me down and to have a better connexion with the Divine (in whatever way I’m defining that at the time) – all this informs and improves my spiritual, physical, and emotional health.

My mission has been the same since I was kid: to get people to LOVE their food. I don’t care if they’re eating bricks (well, OK, I would care about THAT); I just want people to learn how to redefine how they’re channeling their desires, fears, loneliness, and doubts into their meals. I believe that once people start understanding this connexion, they will start to respect their bodies’ needs and, ultimately, have more of an appreciation for how their food is grown and produced.

Sounds big… but I’m making some progress… ; )

Lisa Marie Lindenschmidt
    Rite Food and Company

64. Isabelle says:

Question:
    i eat green smoothies everyday now, because of you … and i would like to know what green is best to put it. I was under the impression that lettuce didnt have a lot of nutritional value?? Should i put spinach, chard, kale or romaine? Are all of them good choices?? Isn’t romaine less nutritious than the others? Also for the spirulina … i put 1 tsp in everyday … i thought it might be the more important ingredient in my smoothie? But maybe not! Can you clarify?
    Thank you … i love your show!

65. Jeff says:

I used to be a 100% meat eater along with processed foods and French fries. In fact I never ate anything green except an occasional chef salad with bleu cheese on top. I would get one or two good solid colds a year and the sniffles a bit more often. I decided to change my diet and get healthy so I eliminated ALL sugar, white flour and processed foods. I never did drink soda ever. I turned to good raw salads with orgabic grass fed meat and free range chickens. I still going for the goal of eliminating meat but I do like my free range eggs which I mostly have raw. Since I changed my diet I fist lost 30 pounds putting me back to my normal weight. I have got sick ever since that change. I have 3 kids who bring home colds a bit more in the winter but I have never caught them. I do supplement with whole food products and powders from health force and similar stuff like marine phytoplankton. I do take digestion enzymes with anything that was cooked or even heated a little. I do take probiotics also. I also target my liver, kidneys and colon once a month with specific supplements and I am juicing quite a bit more. I think the key is proper digestion so your body doesn’t have to covert metabolic enzymes from the immune system first to use for digestion. Also use proper food combining. If I mismatch like having a salad that also contains grapes and bananna along with proteins I will take the enzymes that can that will break it all down. So the bottom line is proper nutrient rich foods, proper combinations, and proper digestion, lots of filtered water and your body will heal itself. Note: I live in western NY so it is hard to find fresh veggies longer that 2 or 3 months out of the year. That’s why I supplement with stuff from the land and sea.

66. Kailyn says:

Hi All

After every challenge I have recently had to face, I realized, no matter what I ate, If I was not grateful for what I was eating, if my purpose for eating was not honest, If I was grimacing and working hard to eat what I thought was ‘good’ and not liking/enjoying it, then whatever I put in my body was a waste of time.
    This was after many struggles health wise and battling with all the emotions and beliefs around food.
    So now I eat with love and I feel the lift in my physical body as a result.
    I know all you guys know this no doubt, but it is a consideration when wondering, why when I eat raw do I still get sick. Listen to your body, maybe some raw foods it just doesnt want, and you are thinking too much, rather than looking for cues.
    We can go to into just the physical and leave behind all other factors.
    I love Masaru Emoto and his photos of how thought/environment/feeling effect water. I reflect on this every time I eat, and the water in everything.

Love to all
    Kailyn

67. This is a response to switching to raw foods and having more colds. I started eating mostly raw vegan in 1975. At first I had many colds. I figured out that the cause was over eating carbohydrates. Excess carbs are excreted into the mucus membranes to get them out of the blood stream. This causes congestion and runny nose etc. Test this by eating a big carb meal. Potatoes work great. After the meal you will have congestion for awhile. If you are waking up in the night congested you need to eat less or you will have a cold or other mucus cleaning process.

The aches and pains of colds are caused by excess spices. For me this includes many greens. Eat a meal with plenty of peppers and your throat burns. These toxins store up and come out in a cleaning crisis causing sore throat, aching muscles etc.

This is somewhat over simplified and can be elaborated but since I discovered this 30 years ago I have only had colds when I over ate, usually in a cleansing crisis. This is about 4 or 5 times.

The above observations are complimentary to your observation that protein causes body odor. I am impressed that you made that connection. Almost no one ever realizes this. Keep up the good work.

68. I agree with so many of the posts (God, health, spread the news), but in truth I don’t want to be bothered with an ambitions mission. I am 61 and retired, and enjoy spending time with hubby, doggies, my gardens, my children, I teach piano part time. I like to read books, watch the fire on a cold night, learn about raw foods and tell my friends (who don’t want to know). I watch the birds and the seasons.
    Is this enough? Am I lazy? Even though I can expect another 30 years (my family is long lived even without raw foods) I have no driving goals or missions. I want to love God, love life, love my family, appreciate creation and be still.
    Peace.

69. jamyn says:

Great post Kevin. It looked like there was one person on here who had found a way to get these tests done without having to go through a doctor… was I reading that correctly? I’ve had a time with doctors and I,m not sure they will do the tests I ask of them…. It took me more than 4 yrs to get a lyme test… I am not sure I want to go that route.. So alternative testing would be helpful…. I would like to know where I can still help my healing system…. Right now my focus there is not only on rebuilding my gut, but clearing it out as well. Also trying to do foods in the form of herbal plants that are tonics for the colon, liver, kidneys, etc… If you do any of this let me know what recipes you make… I’ve found plantain can be made quite tasty. And always it can go in smoothies… Dandelions are quite bitter… YOu can use lemons ( kind of like kale I guess). Violet leaves are pretty tasty too… Many of these plants can be found in your yard… Make sure you properly identify them as some plants look very much alike with very different responses… Also make sure you use ones with that are not near enviromental toxins… Like plantains closer to your house would be preferable to the ones near the street… Car fumes are highly toxic..:):) Just trying to find foods outside of the box to help with my organic and closer to live food venture…. Um … my goals at this point to heal on all levels of my being… to help others where I can…. to be in haromony with All My Relations

70. Joni says:

Hi, Kevin, The more information I obtain, the more confused I become. Have you seen this video from The Tooth Soap lady?
    I would be interested in your comments.

71. Sean says:

MY Goal, very hard to nail it down two one. Overall it would have to be to seek enlightenment through truth, which can be obtained by synchronizing myself with the natural world. This entails giving back to this great earth which gives me so much, being free of stress, and embracing those around me, even if we don’t see things the same because I think it will all fall back on me in the best possible way if I only believe it.

I feel as though When I drink a green\veggie smoothie it gives me the ability to obtain my goals. Almost as if the light that grew the plant shines through into me, such a wonderful spiritual connection I could have never though possible without the help of the raw food community, and holistic approach to healing.

Mother nature intuitively knows whats best for me, there is know sense trying to fight it any more.Within a few years I hope to achieve complete harmonization and be free of the engulfing darkness that I have felt a time or to.

With living foods my outlook on life has change for the best.

72. Cathy says:

My goal is to figure out my goal.

73. Jill says:

My mission is to finish my Bachelor’s degree (and pursue further education after that, get married, get a good job and just enjoy life!

74. To change the world by changing myself.
    To be the change I wish to see in the world.
    To change the world through education, not medication.
    To find the truth and share it with the world.
    To Love my enemy unconditionally.
    To realize I have no enemies.
    To see things as they truly are, with out judgments, labels or attachments.
    To be.
    To live.
    To love.

75. Alissa says:

My goal is to be in the health ever and help others to be in the best health ever too!

I have a few questions: How much is too many bowel movements a day? Is the there a correct consistency they should be? I know most people have an issue of not pooping and I think I might have the opposite problem! I am concerned that my metabolism is too fast and I might not be absorbing nutrients effectively. Is there a way to tell?

76. Debbie says:

My mission is to be happy and healthy, not harm others human, animal or insect; to get back to nature and keep things simple. Be healthy in body, mind & spirit. Protect the environment and nature and be grateful for my life and all the great things in it. : )

77. Brian Elliott says:

Love Jesus, love others, love myself, love life!

78. Mina says:

I am happy to be here!
    Folks… GIFT ECONOMY in the image of wikipedia brings not only wealth to all 7 billion people… but longevity and health too! FREE WATER, FREE FOOD, FREE LAND… and working only out of PASSION AND FRIENDSHIP are our real BIRTHRIGHTS – this is my mission: open the eyes and create awareness about “being rich”, sharing, loving… GIFT ECONOMY!!!

79. Pamme says:

Hey Kevin,
    I hear what you are saying about online shopping… it is very convenient. I did my share of it this year. But it got me thinking, it’s better to buy local if you can… support your community. And buying online (seems to me) to contribute to the carbon footprint… instead of a truckload of merchandise going to one store, we’ve got one or two items being shipped to one person.

Just food for thought. 🙂

80. Pamme says:

Oops, now I see you were encouraging people to buy from YOU online. Sorry! Yes, yes, purchase from Kevin! 🙂

81. Christina says:

I’ve been 99.9999% raw for 363 days 🙂

I have still felt under the weather a couple times, but it is different from before I went raw. I’ll get a “cold” but it lasts for less than a day and goes away after laying down. When I do catch a bug I’m still functional. I don’t really feel “sick” per se, but rather “less awesome” than usual. Don’t fret if you get minor sniffles or headaches every once in a great while. If you are experiencing the same kind of cold like symptoms as you did before going raw, there might be a problem.

82. Turil says:

My goal is twofold…

1. Is to have a healthy and happy marriage (bringing my husband and I out of the horrible state we’re in right now), so that we’re both able to be our best and contribute awesome things to the world.

2. Is to encourage the world to refocus on working to help every Earthling be able to get the most important things in life: healthy food, clean water, fresh air, warmth and light, and the freedom to express ourselves (of matter and energy).

83. Great question!
    I’ve always thought I’m here to make a difference, hence why i just graduated with a bachelor in biology, and now my goal is to get a job in the field of shark conservation.. Not enough ppl care about the sharks at all, even though theyre as important in the foodweb as any other living creature, its also hard to get ppl keen on it because sharks arnt cute and cuddley.
    Anyway, thats just me.

84. Christine says:

My goal is to live life fully, every day.

And to teach my 4-year old son to do the same. Healthy food, good friends, contributing to society, making a difference in other people’s lives, being productive, being in action. And making time to rest.

It’s now my habit to watch at least one of your shows every night, so much great information both in the shows and in the posts.

2 heads of green is a stretch….maybe I’ll start with 1/2 head of green and then will work my way up.

85. Nick says:

I believe people get sick from eating raw, not only cuz they’ve yet to work out aspects like to centre the diet in greens, shoot for caloric restriction (considering how much you exercise) & nutrient density, but also learn how to manage the effects of autointoxication. My understanding is a raw diet is also considered to be an eliminating diet or a detox diet, I guess really only in comparison to and when coming off of a SAD diet. So please will you folks include the subject of autointoxication in your shows, thanks.