How to Get Rid of Acne and Pimples – The Renegade Health Show Episode #450

Monday Nov 30 | BY |

From my own personal experience, I’ve addressed acne and pimples effectively…

I believe there are two main reasons for acne breakouts. I discuss them here in this episode. I also explain how to determine if you have the most popular reason for acne or pimples and how to deal with it.

I also answer questions like… I have rotten egg smelling burps, how do I know if my supplements are sourced from a good quality lab, and is the OmGym a good tool for exercising.

Your question of the day: What exercise tool have you bought before that you “thought” was going to solve your lack of exercise problem?

To check out Jameth Sheridan’s Vitamineral Green click here!

1. sunshine says:

How about flat warts? I have them very lightly on my upper thighs no one can tell me how to get rid of them. Dr.s just say they will go away on their own but after 7 yrs they are still here. Have tried everything even ormus gold.

2. Dana says:

Ha! I bought a dog! It has worked, we must take her for a run or walk everyday, twice a day… she is relentless… no excuses…

3. Brianna says:

Hey guys,

I have a quick question about “the pH miracle diet”, which I believe you have read. I am on the program right now, but I would like to integrate fruit back into my diet eventually. How did you do this kevin, after your skin problems/intestinal imbalance? I remember you said you couldn’t eat starchy vegetables, legumes or fruit for a while. When did you find that you could integrate those things back in??

I have a few exercise videos that I thought I would use but they just collected dust :S (oops).

Love the show- always such quality information 🙂

4. Shannon says:

I had that rotten-egg experience with MSM supplements. I had to stop taking it…. A shame, because I was hoping for better results than hideous smells! and they were SO hideous! I was embarassing to myself.

Bikram yoga, 2x a week, eliminated all my adult acne. A sauna would probably do the same thing.

I have bought so many gimmicky exercise equipment things including, a fold up home stairmaster, weights, fitness and yoga DVDs, a rebounder… I enjoyed them all thoroughly for roughly 2 weeks. then they ended up in the garage, or in a closet, etc.

the only thing I’ve stuck with is bicycling and bikram yoga. because it’s not boring and I love to do those activities.

5. Cori Smith says:

Hi,

Love the show, thanks for your time and effort!

Do you think it’s good to switch around the green drink we use? We are currently using Perfect Food by Garden of Life and in the past have used Body Ecology’s brand and also Dr. Schulze’s brand. Usually every six months or so I change brands, sort of like rotating your greens, don’t know if it works like that though. 🙂

Also, my 11 year old son has been having restless leg syndrome for about a month now. He is a very picky eater and I fight with him constantly to get vegetables in him. He’ll drink smoothies that make for him daily, but only with fruit in them. The only green thing I can sneak in w/o him tasting it is the tops of the strawberries. I do manage to get in chia seeds, but it’s not the same as greens. Can just fruit rob the body of minerals? Is there one specific vitamin or mineral, that you know of, that is related to restless leg syndrome and a food that I can get into a fussy 11 year old, containing that nutrient?

Thanks again for your hard work and dedication. It’s nice to see people actually doing something they love to do.

Sincerely,

Cori Smith
    Fort Myers, Florida

6. Jeannie says:

spirulina flakes, paid 50$ for the jar and never used it. then it got expired.

7. Danielle says:

Hello, I have an important question to ask you. I was wondering what kind of water you drink and where you buy it. I am having trouble finding a good water and I drink a lot of bottled water which now I am thinking is not to good for me because of the plastic container it comes in. If you could point me to a good water filter I would be very grateful. thank you. 🙂 p.s I love your show!

8. Maria says:

Kevin, you are the best:) So is your hair (the curls are amazing!), and so is your grandma’s painting.

Oh, yes, running shoes!! Splashed out on fancy schmancy ones. Wore them daily until there was a big hole in the toe. Went running a total of ZERO times. Then went out and did the same thing again! Lol!!! Except this time I got very suspicious when they insisted I would need heavily built up shoes for life to correct my stride. “surely there is a way to correct it naturally?” I asked. The answer was that point blank don’t-be-so-stupid-you-will-need-expensive-shoes-from-us-for-the-rest-of-your-life style answer. Reminded me a certain trips to the doctor…hmm

9. Kristine Young says:

Thank you so much ! I heart your show ! Great information ! By the way I love your Grandmas painting she is very talented and inspired me !

Question – Is there a blog/episode that you have done on The Master Cleanser. I have internal candida. Found that out by a microscopy blood test. And had all of the symptoms. I am on day 4 of TMC and am only doing 10 days. I’m really curious what your thoughts are and then plan on going raw when I’m done. Thank you.

I thought the herb Rhodiola would change my life but it did not. Also thought Ashtawanga bad spelling would change my life by didn’t either. I have come to believe it’s my diet that has made me sick. And I feel truly blessed to have discovered your show. I love it and will tell everyone I know. -Kristine

10. andrew says:

sunshine, possibly try http://www.molewartremoval.com/ it uses natural ingredients

11. Dawni says:

Yeah, Kev.

Thanks for the bit on acne, etc.

A great question and one that brings up outright shame. I think my story is similar to Shannon.

I went through of period of buying several pieces of equipment. sliders, skiers, weight gizzy’s, bars, inline skates, and big exercise balls, videotapes. I was looking at an air step machine on an info commercial yesterday while I prepared a fruit plate at my mom’s. I don’t watch TV, so its been a long while. I laughed at myself ….

The piece of equipment I hoped would end my woes — was the quality rebounder that folds in half with it’s carrying case and hefty springs. It came with a rebounder DVD and I thought I’d just follow along every morning.

It is now enshrouded in bird poo and spider webs and I can’t unhing the legs for folding. Embarrassing. I need to find the WD 40 to dissolve the rust and give it some much need TLC.

Unlike me to let something go uncared for in this way.

I do think those bands are good to have for resistance and stretching. Hmmm.

It’s good thing to face this squarely. Thanks for the question.

Dawni

12. greg says:

Definitely my Teeter Inversion table!!!

13. Robin says:

Hi Kevin, I also would like some guidance on the best water filter to buy to attach to our kitchen sink. We’ve been buying bottled water also but know the environmental and health negatives involved with this and would like to quit. You said something a while back about having water tested to know what kind of filter to buy…but how do you “get it tested”? And do you have certain filters, or a certain filter brand, that you recommend, or have heard recommended? Thanks!

14. Esther says:

This has nothing to do with today’s post.
    It is something that I hope you can address before the new year or — tell me which episode you have already addressed this issue.

I am a vegetarian who is trying the raw foods lifestyle. Right now I’m about 80 percent and I feed my one year old most of what I eat.
    He rarely has animal products in his food.
    However the article I attached below came up recently since my in-laws found out expressing deep concern.
    It’s a family who claims the Raw Foods Diet made them sick.
    I personally think they may not have incorporated enough greens — or green smoothies in their diet.
    But I’m a newbie.

15. Lori says:

If i ever believed that “natural’ or ‘alternative’ methods had a bit of truth it stemmed from me curing my horrible “adult onset” acne from a single product. I read a book called Alternative Cures author is Bill Gottlieb, published in 2000. On page 3 under the acne section he states how diet is important but goes on to tell about how essential fatty acids such as cold water fish, nuts and seeds can eliminate the inflammatory substances in the intestinal tract without sending them to the skin. He is a dermatologist that gave his patients a product called “Perfect Oils” by NTI(Nutritional Therapeutics Inc) and i had a little trouble finding it on the web but if you search it you can find a few websites.
    It is borage(evening primrose) cold water fish(with sufficient vit e) and flaxseed oil. This stuff cleared up my face amazingly and kept my system more regular and i was “still a junkfood junkie” so i have to say this stuff was what worked! After that i learned much more about better health, but i still order my “perfect oils’ and they’re worth every penny! Just my suggestion to the women in their 20’s to 30’s and going through a teen age breakout! it worked for me and fairly quickly! it is especially good for cyclic outbreaks, mine went away without any more antibiotics!

16. alice says:

Rebounder and lots of Ayurvedic herbs, I ended up giving them away, the protocol was way too involved.

17. Barbara says:

A yoga mat. I do use occasionally but not nearly often enough. Was thinking of getting a rebounder. In your opinion are they worthwhile? Thanks!

18. I once bought a Lateral Thigh Trainer, that little stepping machine on t.v. I did use it for about a month a few days a week, and periodically throughout my time owning it, but after the first month I haven’t used it regularly. I don’t even know where it is right now, I think it got lost when I moved. It was a nice little machine and probably would have gotten me into better shape if I had used it, but the thing was boring! I really like doing outdoor activities where I’m not even thinking of it as exercise, particularly walking/hiking and horseback riding. I just don’t have the opportunity to do those things, I live in an area that isn’t so nice and my boyfriend works nights and sleeps during the day (he’s afraid I’ll be murdered if I walk across the street alone..which apparently he’s seen happen here). Anyway, lately I’ve just been walking in place when watching t.v. and adding some aerobic exercises to it as I feel like.

I do have a question, I’ve heard that eating bananas can help you quit smoking. Have you heard anything about this? I’m a pack a day smoker and I’d really like some natural things to help me quit or at least really reduce the amount I’m smoking. Do you have any tips that can help me?

19. DIdi says:

Hi Kevin,

l bought Weight training eqipmentabout 8 years ago, which l have never used.
    But about 9 months ago joined a 24 HOUR GYM
    and have been treating myself to a personal training session there once a week. l am loving this and now am going to dust my home equipment to use with confidence.

For me it has been about finally having the spare time, energy and money to find out about how to use the equipment confidently and about forming a dedicated habit to exercise other than the usual regular walking and swimming, which wasn`t cutting it for me any more in maintaining my body the way l wanted it.

l guess the intent was always there for me,
    but the desire, commitment and focus weren`t yet in line.

This health kick plus receiving your emails has been great for me in dealing with the sluggishness that started to take over my body surreptiously in the mid -life time
    45+ of one`s life. Shudder AND horror were my reaction to the so called ageing process was catching up with me, l did tremble in my cotton socks. Ha,Ha…………

l am a fervent believer that ones choice of nutrition, beliefs and lifestyle can make the biggest impacts on your health and well-being,
    before turning to the medical model.Last resort stuff for me.

Cheers,
    DIDI

20. Robin says:

Are you speaking on Dec 5th in CT? Want to attend. Please give details.

21. DIdi says:

One more thing recently l came across informatiom about Distilled Water being recommended as being the best water to consume for wellbeing.

What do you think ? – l can understand that it is the purest water.

Does the cost of sourcing or buying a water distiller justify the health benifit ?
    Curently l drink tap, filtered water in Australia.

Cheers again,

DIDI

22. Koa says:

You should have gotten out of the way and really shown the painting.

23. Diane says:

Sunshine, re: warts. From MY experience, I put on Vit E, covered w/a bandaid 24/7, and did this everyday for a week … it vanished! remember, my experience only!

24. Mary Ellen says:

what if it’s not pimples but itchy break out between breasts from sweating a great deal? any suggestions. i guess it’s called prickly heat. i sweat alot when i sleep now that we have steam heat. what would u tell me to try? i have tried powder for athletes foot or jock itch but that does not seem to be working so well this time.

25. Stephaine says:

The bean… The one from the infomercial. I have never even opened the dvd, but I blew the bean up and it has been a wonderful foot rest.

26. Karen Jackson says:

At this moment I’m waiting for my new rebounder I ordered to arrive in the mail. I saw a demonstration and had been wanting one for awhile. I hope that I keep up with it. It’s nice to be able to do it in your own home. Thanks for all your info Kevin!

27. Christine says:

I bought several exercise equipment. The first thing I bought was the Air-Master and secondly I bought a rebounder. I used both for about 2 to 3 days and then shoved them back into the closet. I am not an exerciser and never have been, but I am a walker, and funny as it may sound, it dawned on me that walking is exercise. I never thought of it that way because I love doing it, so I am now walking for 60 minutes everyday.

By the way, I won’t remove fruit from my diet for God says we are to eat it everyday…It’s very important and if we don’t eat them, we can get sickly. By the way, I don’t have acne. Honey applied to the face for 30 minutes and then washed off with hot water and then face rinsed with cold water works very well. Do this everyday and you should see results anywhere from 7 to 14 days…

Christine G.

28. cindy says:

Asparagus – Who Knew?????

My Mom had been taking the full-stalk canned style asparagus that she pureed and she took 4 tablespoons in the morning and 4 tablespoons later in the day. She did this for over a month. She is on chemo pills for Stage 3 lung cancer in the pleural area and her cancer cell count went from 386 down to 125 as of this past week. Her oncologist said she does not need to see him for 3 months.

THE ARTICLE:
    Several years ago, I had a man seeking asparagus for a friend who had cancer. He gave me a photocopied copy of an article, entitled, Asparagus for cancer ‘printed in Cancer News Journal, December 1979. I will share it here, just as it was shared with me: I am a biochemist, and have specialized in the relation of diet to health or over 50 years. Several years ago, I learned of the discovery of Richard R. Vensal, D.D.S. that asparagus might cure cancer. Since then, I have worked with him on his project We have accumulated a number of favorable case histories. Here are a few examples:

Case No. 1, A man with an almost hopeless case of Hodgkin’s disease (cancer of the lymph glands) who was completely incapacitated. Within 1 year of starting the asparagus therapy, his doctors were unable to detect any signs of cancer, and he was back on a schedule of strenuous exercise.

Case No. 2, a successful businessman 68 years old who suffered from cancer of the bladder for 16 years. After years of medical treatments, including radiation without improvement, he went on asparagus. Within 3 months, examinations revealed that his bladder tumor had disappeared and that his kidneys were normal.

Case No. 3, a man who had lung cancer. On March 5th 1971, he was put on the operating table where they found lung cancer so widely spread that it was inoperable. The surgeon sewed him up and declared his case hopeless. On April 5th he heard about the Asparagus therapy and immediately started taking it By August, x-ray pictures revealed that all signs of the cancer had disappeared.. He is back at his regular business routine.

Case No. 4, a woman who was troubled for a number of years with skin cancer. She finally developed different skin cancers which were diagnosed by the acting specialist as advanced. Within 3 months after starting on asparagus, her skin specialist said that her skin looked fine and no more skin lesions. This woman reported that the asparagus therapy also cured her kidney disease, which started in 1949. She had over 10 operations for kidney stones, and was receiving government disability payments for an inoperable, terminal, kidney condition. She attributes the cure of this kidney trouble entirely to the asparagus.

I was not surprised at this result, as `The elements of materia medica’, edited in1854 by a Professor at the University of Pennsylvania , stated that asparagus was used as a popular remedy for kidney stones. He even referred to experiments, in 1739, on the power of asparagus in dissolving stones. Note the dates!
    We would have other case histories but the medical establishment has interfered with our obtaining some of the records. I am therefore appealing to readers to spread this good news and help us to gather a large number of case histories that will overwhelm the medical skeptics about this unbelievably simple and natural remedy.

For the treatment, asparagus should be cooked before using, and therefore canned asparagus is just as good as fresh. I have corresponded with the two leading canners of asparagus, Giant and Stokely, and I am satisfied that these brands contain no pesticides or preservatives. Place the cooked asparagus in a blender and liquefy to make a puree, and store in the refrigerator. Give the patient 4 full tablespoons twice daily, morning and evening. Patients usually show some improvement in from 2-4 weeks. It can be diluted with water and used as a cold or hot drink. This suggested dosage is based on present experience, but certainly larger amounts can do no harm and may be needed in some cases. As a biochemist I am convinced of the old saying that `what cures can prevent.’ Based on this theory, my wife and I have been using asparagus puree as a beverage with our meals. We take 2 tablespoons diluted in water to suit our taste with breakfast and with dinner. I take mine hot and my wife prefers hers cold. For years we have made it a practice to have blood surveys taken as part of our regular checkups. The last blood survey, taken by a medical doctor who specializes in the nutritional approach to health, showed substantial improvements in all categories over the last one, and we can attribute these improvements to nothing but the asparagus drink. As a biochemist, I have made an extensive study of all aspects of cancer, and all of the proposed cures. As a result, I am convinced that asparagus fits in better with the latest theories about cancer.

Asparagus contains a good supply of protein called histones, which are believed to be active in controlling cell growth.. For that reason, I believe asparagus can be said to contain a substance that I call cell growth normalizer. That accounts for its action on cancer and in acting as a general body tonic. In any event, regardless of theory, asparagus used as we suggest, is a harmless substance. The FDA cannot prevent you from using it and it may do you much good. It has been reported by the US National Cancer Institute, that asparagus is the highest tested food containing glutathione, which is considered one of the body’s most potent anticarcinogens and antioxidants.

Please spread the news. The most unselfish act one can ever do is paying forward all the kindness one has received, even to the most undeserved person.

have you heard about this someone e-mailed me the info
    cindy

29. Nadia says:

The Zapper, got paranoid to use it and returned it a year later.

30. Jill says:

Thanks so much for the info about the burps, while mine are not sulfur tasting, they do taste like stomach acid…maybe its some long standing bug.

31. Brigitte says:

Regarding the warts, my daughter had them and nothing the doctor told her worked at all, so she was embarrassed by them for over 5 years. We finally thought we’d have her try some Dr. Scholl’s over the counter wart remover (which everyone we’d spoken to said wouldn’t work at all), and darn if that didn’t do it. She had over 10 warts in all, and she would just follow the protocol on one or two warts at a time (they were on her fingers and obviously very visible), and within a few months she had gotten rid of every one of them. Go figure.

32. My compliments to your Grandmother. I agree with Koa (#22), step aside and show the painting.

33. Connie says:

Does a recipe count? The other day I threw out the fermented vegetables that I made following Donna Gates’ instructions in your 3-part series. The leafy stuff in it just made me nervous nervous because it was brown and I couldn’t bring myself to eat it or serve it. At least the compost can make good use of it… If I try fermented vegetables again I will stick with just two or three root vegetables (no leaves) and make only a small amount at a time.

Connie

34. Can’t say I’ve ever bought exercise equipment that hasn’t been a good investment for me. Then again I am an exercise nut and I also spend much time researching a tool or at least ‘demo-ing’ it until I’m certain I will use it and enjoy it.

On the subject of acne and pimples, I completely agree that candida or other intestinal issues will be a massive contributor. I will also say that an acidic diet and/or eating too much fat and protein or the wrong kinds of fats will exacerbate acne. And yes, it is very easy to be raw vegan and still have an acidic diet. Ensuring alkalinity should be the cornerstone of any dietary system.

35. raymond says:

good information today kevin.i’m allways learning on your sight.thats a good question,i’ve had this “lifes greens”(from vitiman world) and msm and put both through a test and found out they were no good.

36. Nicole says:

Wow, your Grandma’s painting is lovely! My Grandma prefers pictures of kittens with roses in gold frames;-)

I once bought a treadmill that served mostly as a coatrack/book shelf. Luckily, my aunt bought it from me. I have some workout DVDs but I do use them occasionally.

37. Nadia says:

I am getting a rebounder for Xmas. Alot of you have commented on having one. Is there one in particular that anyone recommends? There is a fairly cheap one for sale here at WalMart. Is there any reason to spend money on a more expensive one or will the cheap one do the same thing? Thanks for anyone’s advice!

38. Laura says:

Elliptical machine. In fact I’ve had a number of pieces of exercise equipment and used them a few times. These things have all gotten boring and I always stopped using them. I find stretching routines, body resistance and disc golf much more fun and more sustainable, since I enjoy them.

And there’s nothing to turn into a clothes rack:)

39. LuAnn Agustin says:

I bought a rowing machine in the ’80s and many other little used things since then. Now I mainly walk, climb stairs everywhere I go instead of the elevator, hike occasionally and don’t stress about it anymore. I believe eating raw and moving naturally will eventually bring you to your own body’s perfect weight.

40. Subee says:

Im sooo glad someone mentioned Green Vibrance– I have been taking this product for about a decade and I believe this is why people say I look younger than I am in spite of on and off really bad eating! Now I take Green Vibrance any day I exercise (to fight free radicals caused by working out) and I use Vitamineral Green (in a smaller amount because it is expensive) every morning in my rawnola. Awesome!!

I bought poi– the tools and a dvd and I still havent gotten around to doing the workout yet–a bit intimidating still! But I do plan to get there one of these days!

41. Susan says:

Suzanne Somer’s Thighmaster.

It sits in the bottom of my closet.

Smile

42. Evelin Ledebuhr says:

I bought a Bowflex. Although I gave them my floor to ceiling measurements, to make sure my favorite part of the Bowflex would fit, I could not fully assemble it because it was too tall. i used it a few times. Eventually I sold it.
    I now have a Total Gym and love it.
    Evelin

43. Donna says:

I spin poi for a great,fun arm workout. Hula hooping is a blast as well. Checkout youtube for amazing hoop dance demos.I Have a rebounder but it just sits there staring at me when I walk in that room. Planning on using it soon…hopefully,

44. Christine says:

CORI – don’t know if someone else addressed the restless leg question, but MAGNESIUM deficiency is usually the culprit.

I bought but hardly use tocotrienols, shilajit, and bee pollen; but I looooove Vitamineral Green and Marine Phytoplankton.

Kevin- question about sugar- gut issues…if sugar IS the culprit, what are we to do then???

45. Sarah says:

I have also found that eliminating all dairy (if you haven’t already) is really effective in eliminating any kind of skin ailment… including acne.

46. Christine says:

Ps. A good magnesium product is Natural Calm

47. Ahntara says:

This discussion cracks me up!

When I moved in w/my last sweetie, he saw me carrying in two of my exercise machines and told me to ‘just leave those on the road for the garbageman’. My Nordic Trac is the most expensive item I’ve ever purchased, including individual furniture pieces, and I still use it 2-4 times a week. The only things on it are my towel and headband. I’m fortunate now to have an ‘exercise room’. Way convenient when the weather is yucky.

Now I have a bicycle, the two machines (which complement each other), numerous DVD’s, a stability ball {I’m sitting on that right now}, 3 sets of dumbbells and some resistance bands that were included in various programs I’ve bought. I use them all in rotation so that I never get bored.

Don’t buy anything unless you’re really going to use it and use it IF you buy it.

48. gina says:

Ok I am looking for this video and somehow its just not showing up I will check back tomorrow.
    Thanks looks interesting

49. Marie1225 says:

Hey Kevin and Annmarie,

Thank you again for being so helpful. I was afraid that you were going to say something like candida for the acne. Kevin, I wouldn’t know what or how to eat without the fruit. What did you eat when you took it all out for that period of time? I’ve been drinking kefir for months hoping it would help with the acne in case I did have a yeast type of infection or some kind of bad bacteria. I appreciate your help! God bless you both.

50. Marie1225 says:

To Post #24, Mary Ellen:

That sounds like a candida infection to me. I would definitely do what Kevin said and take out the fruit, grains, and any sweets you consume for about 2 weeks. Kevin contradict me or anyone else for that matter if I am wrong.

51. delaney says:

An enormous box of individually packaged kelp noodles. Just can’t make them taste decent.

52. bethany says:

I read somewhere that acne can also be caused by liver congestion, so I bought a milk thistle, dandelion, yellow dock liver purifier and it really helped my acne.

I once spent $100 an these weights you can strap to your arms and legs to exercise with. They ended up in the basement and rusted.

53. Esther you should probably take a look at Shazzies book with regards to children and raw food diet,also there is another book called baby greens which explains which foods to introduce at different ages.
    I also think that if food is badly combined and causes fermentation then the nutrients are not getting absorbed which leads to deficiency.Gabriel Cousens is also another good resource he mentions children in this books,he raised his children raw.
    In terms of childrens growth goji berries help children grow.I hope this helps

54. Page says:

I bought a NordicTrac back in the 80s. It worked quite well as a coat rack. I eventually sold it to a fellow who wore it out using it. I now have some free weights – they go with me to my step-aerobics class.

I fix myself a green smoothie every morning that incorporates spirulina, goji berries, maca, hemp seed and coconut water, along with a variety of organic fruits and greens. Should I be supplementing with the green powder my husband uses on the days I exercise? Don’t want those free radicals to terrorize my body!

55. Grace says:

When I was in high school, I had developed at least 7 warts on my fingers. One in particular was very big–on my middle finger. I wore band aids everyday covering them up hoping no one would take notice. I really thought I would have to live with them forever. . .Then my dad, while listening to the radio, discovered an italian remedy for warts–eggplant. I peeled the outer part of the eggplant so that the purple side was facing up and the white part was directly on the wart. I wrapped it around each affected finger with either an elastic or ideally, a piece of cloth. Throughout the night, I was awakened because of a ‘burning’ sensation and itchiness but I resisted and kept the eggplant on them. The smaller ones fell off within 3 days. The larger one within a week. They turn purple and hard and then simply fall off. I will always be grateful. Honestly, it doesn’t matter what book I look at regarding natural remedies, eggplant is not one they list but it works!!!! Apparently it was discovered by italian women as they were performing their yearly ritual of pickling eggplants. Because it is a fairly long process, any growths they had on their hands would disappear and putting two and two together, realized the eggplant was the reason why. Cool

56. Lila says:

Many,many years I talked my brother into buying me blow up rubber bermudas, and what a mistake. I tried them once or twice and ended up with skin burns from the silly thing! Another time I purchased an oxigizer gadget–another joke!! Needless to say, both items went into the dumpster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great information on acne!

Lila

57. Dee says:

The list is too long to go into. My most recent miracle product was “Intestive”, a product recommended by Dr. Christiane Northrup. It helps the intestinal track. Luckily, I had started keeping a food journal of what I eat and physical symptons. I had been taking it for several months, when one night I was up all night sick, nauseous. So I went back and looked at my journal and realized that since I had started taking this, it actually made me feel worse. Stopped taking it and digestive problems calmed down. It was a great learning experience as far as the benefits of keeping a food journal and that old adage – “One man’s meat is another man’s poison.”

58. Alissa Nagy says:

I have been dealing with adult acne for about 4 years now and still looking for a solution that works for me, I eliminated refined sugars but still eat fruit everyday. Makes me wonder what I should be eating!

I bought one of those pull-up bars that go over the door frame, used it everyday for a few weeks and now it just sits on the floor next to the door!

59. Genevieve says:

PS — Note to Mary Ellen (#24). I use Desitin cream for the problem you mention. It contains fish oil and works like a charm. That’s why it works on babies’ bottoms.

Also regarding Grace’s comment (#55) about warts. Similarly, I have used organic banana peels placed over warts and moles to successfully remove them. I just wore it (skin side out), held in place with a wrap or tape overnight a few noghts in a row and they disappeared.

60. Melanie says:

Hi everyone,

Thanks Kevin for another great video!

In regards to the topic, Acne and pimples, I would like to add that from my experience Soy should be considered a culprit to the onset of acne. I’ve never had a problem with my skin until I became Vegan and ate more soy products.

I would have never expected my skin troubles to come from soy, I read an article that it mimics female hormones,that it has a chemical inhibits the absorption of protein and it’s genetically modified. And soy is not just in tofu, it’s combined in other foods too (fillers and such).

So, I eliminated it from my diet and my skin cleared up. That was all that I changed to make the difference. I recommend anyone(especially vegetarians and vegans) to do some research on soy before they make it a staple in their diets.

Take care,and listen to your body. :0)

61. Sara Rice says:

Hey Kevin- Good information. As for what health products have a bought that ended up sitting getting dust on them: fitness wise- several years back I bought this powerflex like exercise system- basically a bunch of resistance bands attached to a board and videos to follow along a workout- I used it for like two weeks daily and then gave up on it. Recently I had bought Tony Horton’s 10 minute trainer series since I could not get myself to go to the gym daily and being a sucker for the testimonies I gave in a bought it. I did it for a few weeks daily but found it frustrating that I had to wait an extra 2 min to get the program to start and another 2 minutes on top of the 10 to warm up and cool down. Not seeing any real improvement on tone of my body also I gave it up.

As for nutritional products- E3 live I tried several occasions and never noticed any physical improvement with so I gave it up. Chlorella I seem to respond much better too.

As for skin- I have discovered certain foods have fueled breakouts (actually rosacea) for me that are used in raw foods- including oats and any gluten products and black pepper. So I definitely avoid those. I have personally tried eliminating sugars out of the diet in the past in effort to fix the acne- thinking it was back to candida- and no such luck. My biggest help came from two sources- holistic doctor diagnosis/holistic esthetician. Incorporating food sourced betaine hcl and getting rid of the parasatic infection he found along with facials and eliminating the use of any oils on my skin- whether it was coconut, neem, olive, etc- my acne disappeared. The little bit of breakouts I get are usually if oil has come across my face or related to menses.

62. Veronika says:

Thanks for the advice on acne! On a related note to the video, I’ve found that regular exercise also helps clear my skin b/c it keeps my energy/digestive juices flowing. And doesn’t sweat release toxins?

63. Linda says:

vitamineral green!!!!
    best product ever!
    I live in Nanaimo BC and have gotten many others to try it. We all love it! I cant say enough. All Jameth Sheridans products are good, and I trust him.
    p90x. too lenthy and didnt agree with the’diet”.
    thanks for all you do, its helpful.
    L

64. Jehan Sandra Salem says:

Hi Lori! I’m interested in that supplement for acne you took, I looked for it but didn’t appear online the exact one. So if you know the specific name of those oils post it please.

I hope you find this.

Thanks.

65. James says:

Try Bouncing for 1 minute every hour and report back, see video
    No rebounder or gadgets needed.

66. Heidi says:

Love the show guys!!!

Sunshine, I cured my daughter’s wart on her toe with apple cider vinegar. Soaked a cotton ball with the vinegar the same size as the wart and taped it down. Be patient…it really does work!

Cori, I have the same picky eater!! I am able to put a couple handfulls of spinach with the fruit and he never notices!

67. Tiffany says:

To Nadia (#37),

I have an Urban Rebounder and I really enjoy it. My kids have one too. You can get one for less than $100. Don’t get the one from WalMart unless it’s a good quality. If it only costs $30 or $40, it’s probably not going to give you the best bounce. I had a cheaper one before I bought the Urban Rebounder and since it came with a money-back garantee I decided to test it out in comparison to the other one. I put them side by side and began bouncing on the UR and then jumped from it to the other one. It felt like I had jumped onto the concrete floor. I had not expected the difference to be that great. Rebounding is so great for many reasons. Primarily it is an excellent way to get the lymph pumping. It is easy on the joints and works all cells at the same time. It’s not just a muscle exercise, but a whole-body exercise. As a result of the increase in lymph activity, you’ll probably notice how rapidly you begin to sweat as your body begins to eliminate toxins. Make sure to shower and rinse off the sweat as soon as possible after so as not to reabsorb the toxins back into the system. This is true for any time you sweat, really. Happy jumping!

Tiffany

68. Tiffany says:

I should say the my kids ‘use’ it too. We don’t all own a rebounder, although I would like to have more than one so that we can do it simultaneously.

69. Tiffany says:

Sorry everyone. It’s me again. Right now I am doing CrossFit twice a week with a trainer and I LOVE IT! I am getting stronger. I also do kettle bell workouts occasionally with hopes to do that about once a week. The CrossFit incorporates some olympic lifting, so I do that too. I started using Brendon Brazier’s VEGA workout drink powder recently and I really enjoy those. A whole-food energy drink? A no-brainer. Forget the Gatorade!

70. Barbara says:

Thanks for the acne tip! If people still use dairy products, eliminating them can really help.

71. It is very necessary. There are so many different technologies. There’s multi-media filtration, distillation, reverse osmosis, and UV disinfection systems. I got my water filter systems from here…

72. simo says:

This is the product that fixed my bad facial acne, http://www.highonhealth.org/product-review-hemp-hemp-hooray-lush-lime-cleansing-cream/

Great site mate,

Simo

73. cathy says:

Yea I would again have to agree with following Fran at highonhealth.org, she is really great.Also check out what dr. mercola has to say, he wants you to eliminate all sugars and breads, which is kind of the same thing Kevin says. also can I add, drinking 5 or so water bottles a day does great things for my skin. I am 20 so Im not sure if im considered an adult or not in terms of acne, but that is my two cents.