How to Get Started on The Raw Food (Or ANY Diet) – The Renegade Health Show Episode #437

Wednesday Nov 11 | BY |

Last night, we spoke in Roswell, GA (just north of Atlanta)…

Today, we’re at the Living Foods Institute hanging out with all the great students, volunteers and staff. We’ve only been here a few hours and are getting ready to film some of the happenings here to share them with you.

But back to our talk last night. I usually don’t share parts of my talks, because the Renegade Health Show isn’t really about me on stage. It’s about the information. In these two clips from the talk, I present a prevalent problem in our society and then address how you can start on the raw food diet or any diet.

I think these were valuable enough to breakout and share with you. (NOTE: While you’re watching, you’ll see me refer to “the question”. This question is “what can I do today that will make me healthier than I was yesterday!”

Your question of the day: What can you today that will make you healthier than you were yesterday?

1. Marie1225 says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,

One thing that I can do today is go to bed earlier. I find that is my down fall, not getting enough rest. I eat fairly healthy, as raw as possible, and always vegan. I’m still learning about food combinations, and which ones work for my body.

I find having a green smoothies gives me much more energy in the morning. I’m always tempted to just have a glass of water, a cup of keifer, and a banana or some cut-up kiwi. Sometimes I do just that for breakfast, but I definitely do better with a green smoothie added to the mix.

Thank you!

2. RW says:

That’s easy, exercise more!

3. Peg says:

Love your shows!

It gives me goose bumps thinking about the decisions that are being made with the food that our leaders may be eating. Scary!

You believe we are here only once–I believe that we are here numerous times with reincarnation. Fact is, it doesn’t matter what we believe–what is important is that we do the very best we can right now, in this lifetime. Like I have said before, I am so excited to be here now learning all about raw food.

To be healthier tomorrow than today: get better sleep. Drink no wine–they say one glass is ok, but I am thinking that none is better. The next important thing is to get lots of exercise.

4. Mary Artemis says:

I have the flu; so I can fast today (as I did yesterday). Without having to digest food for 2 days (just lots of good water), my body can take the significant energy required that would go to digest food, and use it for healing. Any fasting I can do (water only) is good fasting. Lord knows I have enough voluptuous fat on me to last awhile!

5. Tiff says:

That’s awesome! I am reading book “Ask and it is given” by Esther and Jerry Hicks and it is like these concepts which I never heard of before are suddenly everywhere I look. WOW so cool! Could it be the raw food opening up all this new information!? The book is about how to manifest what and where you want to be and how to enjoy the process of getting there too. Not waiting until you get it to be happy!

What can I do to be more healthier….Learn more recipes and get better and more efficient at food prep and planning…but in the mean time I’m okay with taking a few hours a day of figuring it out, it’s worth it and this phase won’t last forever.

6. esther says:

Well, thankfully not all the decision makers are coming to board meetings with foggy heads =). I may be the only raw foodie at my meetings, but I always bring plenty of raw treats to share!

7. greg says:

Nice show Kevin. It is good to see you in action, in a live talk….because that is the evolution you’ve gained, the culmination of the knowledge you have been seeking. I know that over the many months you two have been on the road, and throughout the talks you have given, you have gained that much more understanding and insight into health and nutrition. That is the fruit of karma, in this case, very good karma. You give, you get. I would like to see more of you in this type of setting, sharing what you have to give. Good job man, and keep it up, both of you!!!!
    much love,
    Greg Petre
    albuquerque, NM

8. Guylaine says:

Health is a journey and we can always improve.There’s so much things related to health and well-being, sometimes I need to take care of my body, and other times it’s the thoughts and limiting beliefs which are getting in the way of my well-being. When I’m carried away in negativity then it’s time to stop and be appreciative and grateful for what I have. The body/mind connection.
    Tomorrow I’ll remind myself throughout the day to keep a grateful attitude towards everything and everyone. That certainly will open my heart and helps me feel great.:) And yes eating fresh raw foods!
    Love you everyone

9. STeLLa says:

I am going to ditto marie1225 going to bed earlier!!! my diet is GrEAt, cause i’m a vegan raw foodist. i got lots of enzymes & mineralize running threw my body, i’m even doing my yoga again!!! now it’s just about sleeping when the sun is down! LOL!!!
    i’m soo happy to see u guyz going to LFI. i’ve volunteered there for the past few years quite alot!!! i went there myself and totally healed early stages of breast toxemia (some call it cancer, i choose not to give it that power). i like continuing to put myslf around raw community, and helping ppl. heal.
    The Living Foods Institute is GrEat. i love the staff, students & of course Brenda Cobb!!!! i wish i could of come to ATL to see you speak in Roswell or volunteer at LFI this week! i’ve been living two hours out side of the city 🙁 …but it’s nice to know you guyz R there!!! It’s been cool watching yr raw trip around the country.
    Ok, now you’ve GOT to go eat at ‘LOVIN’ IT LIVE’ raw food restaurant in East PoInt, you’ll kick yrself if you don’t go while your in ATL!!! it’s soooo good!!! it’s kinda a raw food soul kitchen, but elegant at the same time. multi-cultural, pan-african southern FLAvA! The last night when the students at LFI graduate alot of them go down there to celebrate.
    much PeAcE in yr journey
    XO
    STeLLa
    ps) i really like the perfect day assignment!

10. Hi Kevin,
    I always feel better when I get out in nature to re-balance myself energetically and meditate more.
    Its good that you are addressing more than the food factor,I have found that some raw foodists think that by eating raw everything else falls into place but this is just a part of complete wellness(physical emotional/spiritual) which is why when I work with someone I use all three components.What people also need to understand if they are out of alignment with their purpose this will eventually create as state of dis-ease ,its the bodies way of telling us we are way out of alignment with what we are meant to be doing.
    Although raw food does change your vibration /life I really dont think that there is a magic food genie that makes everything in life be pleasant all of the time , I think we sign up for certain lessons in life and if we didnt go through some experiences it wouldnt allow us to evolve and grow.The human mind cannot always understanding suffering however it might be someones path to deal with unpleasant situations such as illness/loss.As an energy healer I know that people(myself included ) can have a perfect diet but if the mind /spirit are not as peace this will eventually effect the body.
    I have the hicks book which I think has some really good gems of wisdom however the law of attraction must work in unison with the other spiritual laws including karma.
    On a lighter note good to see that you are visiting LFI ,I helped out Brenda when she was out at the Long beach convention earlier this year shes a very inspiring lady.:)

11. Charlotte says:

SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My diet is good but Im sleep deprived 🙁

12. The art of living and the art of eating are one and the same. When you learn to live well, you will naturally eat well.
    The following poem entitled Rules for Being Human could be interesting for some of you aspiring to live well and be healthier:
    Enjoy!

13. natalya says:

I need a kitten to make me laugh more often by playing with it and watching his play.

14. Kym Hutcheon says:

The comments about lack of sleep are really interesting. This is likewise my big challenge. I eat well, train hard and life is generally going places, but the sleep thing…

It’s the question I’ve been asking myself most days for years and still no answer. Kevin…?

15. Page says:

Breathe more deeply. I find myself shallow breathing far too often and I know when I allow myself to breathe more deeply, I feel so much better!

16. Didiydi says:

Kitten is a great idea!
    Finally stop eating sweet stuff. Stick to more raw. Be more organized when it comes to planning meals…

17. Kelly says:

What an amazing question! For me, it is having the dicipline to read God’s Word, even if it is only for 5 minutes a day! =)

18. Betty Jane says:

Taking care of body, mind and soul. I’ve only been able to achieve this since introducing raw foods. Amazing how eating better improves my thinking, calms my emotions and gives life to all aspects of my life. But I’m sleep deprived like many of you. What gives with that? I think it stems from craving more “me” time… alone and quiet after a long day.

19. Nancy Zare says:

Since I am today what I did yesterday, then to have a healthy tomorrow I must practice self care today. For me this includes exercise, selecting and eating the right combinations of living foods and maintaining communication with the God of my understanding through prayer and meditation.

20. Leam says:

For me it would be to have more positive thoughts about myself…my abilities…my body image. I am far too hard on and negative about myself. At the same time I try to be loving and kind to others and forgiving of their errors but I have a hard time doing the same for myself.

In regards to the first part of your talk, we say in my family in a rhetorical way “How’s your liver today?” when we are agitated with each other or when others act out in anger or are irritable. This is a thought from Chinese medicine that we find to be true which goes along with “How you act is how you react to the food you put in your mouth” – so true!

Thanks for allowing us space to think about things we want or need to change about ourselves and/or our lifestyle. I wonder how you and Annmarie would answer the question?!

21. donna says:

That was a very good show. It is so motovatong. Me I am working on raw food. I needed this to motovate me. thanks Kevin.

22. Sarah Hauch says:

I ask that you please read ‘ Catching Fire’ by Richard Wrangham. I used to be a 100% raw foodist and then I read this book. It discusses that as a species we could not survive on a raw food diet. I srill consume a large portion of my diet raw but to get get my menstration back I have started to eat cooked food. It also discusses the physiology of why raw foodists will always be prone to candida and excessive fermentation of food. Very interesting.
    That being said I would like to thank you as always for your commitment to motivating people into healthier lifestyles…one show at a time 🙂

Sarah xoxo

23. Karen Jackson says:

I don’t know what specifically I’ll do today, but recently I started meditating for one hour a night using Centerpointe. I’m very excited about it and it’s something I’ve been wanting to do for years. Strange how we procrastinate or intellectualize about things and never do them, even though we know they’re good for us. That’s one thing I want to change about my life.

Kevin, I hope some day I can come and hear you speak. Do you have Los Angeles on your list for next trip?

24. Brent says:

Thanks Kevin, thought provoking video.
    Im still searching for that consistant high level of energy without the use of to many stimulating superfoods..my answer to that question is that im at a point now raw where I test/try a food, listen to my body and see if and where it may fit in to my daily diet. Thanks:)

25. Laura says:

Pay off my sleep debt.

QUESTION:
    Can you suggest a raw expanding meal for a morning meal? One that will stick with for a few hours?

In the warm months, I am quite faithful with the smoothies and they keep me my stomach happy for hours. (It also satisfies my morning sweet tooth. One I used to indulge with donuts and cupcakes.)

But I find that in the winter, smoothies really make me cold, as they are apparently contracting. Fine for counteracting the summer, but ‘bbrrrr’ in the winter.

26. Jasmine says:

wow, kev! You’re a great public speaker!

I could drink some green juice today to make me healthier than I was yesterday.

27. Ronald says:

You hit it, Clear the mind so all the exercise, all the nutrition, all the breathing, comes to you Naturally and your body enjoys all of it. Keep it so simple!!!

28. alice says:

yup, early bed-time is way overlooked by many, but that is what keeps me going!

29. Julie says:

I can do the assignment and write down my perfect day so I have that to pull out and look at when it gets tough or the day is not going well to get back on track. Keep drinking my miracle water.

30. brian says:

-exercise
    -avoid water rich foods by 4 pm because I always wake up in the middle of the night
    -bring lots of food to school so I won’t eat too much at night
    -remove mercury fillings if I can afford it

I’m just curious. How many people eat very little in the day time and get most of their Calories in the evening?

It would seem like you are over eating if you eat a big breakfast and lunch but that’s not true.

31. Exersusie says:

I’m going to stop eating cheese! I’m done with cow’s milk and feel healthier since doing that so now I’ll focus on cheese! Oh but what about goat cheese????? Is that as bad??? Yikes, this is going to be hard!

32. Barbara says:

Very inspiring, thanks for sharing part of your talk. Hoping to have an opportunity to see you speak in person some time. I can continue to increase the amount of raw foods in my diet.

33. Jill says:

I can eat less (I need to eat WAY less) and exercise more (I don’t exercise at all!)

34. Gwen Forbes says:

The number one thing I could do to improve my health would absolutely be going to bed earlier. I have maintained an active gym membership for 29 years and a high raw diet for 2 ½ years and use high quality supplements so the weak link to achieving a higher level of health has to be the lack of sleep.

35. Right on Kev, the man with the plan.
    I feel I need to become less strict in my diet to get healthier. The other day I had a bowl of Cheerios with soy milk and I felt fantastic about it. I know soy is crap and so are the Cheerios but I just felt good eating them. The healthiest diet doesn’t always mean the healthiest person and the more strict I got towards what I thought was the healthiest diet, the less healthy I became. So now I eat other no-nos from time to time and it has given me the flexibility I so disparately needed. I’m in really good physical condition so now it’s time to focus more on the mental aspect of things.
    Thanks for walking your talk.
    Jordan

36. Hector Orozco says:

Hello Kevin your doing a great job with all your shows. Keep up the good work,say hello to annmarie for me tell her to get on the show i would like to see her Beautiful face more often.

37. Christine says:

Kevin:

Did you hear what you said? Amazing…There’s no way Evolution can exist…The nutrients know which part of the body they need to be transported to…That is not by chance…There is a Master Designer (God) behind all this..