Agave Nectar Clinical Trials Stopped Due to Severe Side Effects in Diabetics – The Renegade Health Show Episode #428

Thursday Oct 29, 2009 | BY |

A reader tipped me off to this study by the Glycemic Research Institute…

Apparently, they had to stop a clinical trial on agave nectar and diabetics because it was causing “severe side effects”.

This is big news that pokes some holes in the “it’s low glycemic, so it must be good for diabetics” theories out there.

I also answer questions about lakanto, lucuma, xylitol and allergies to stevia today!

Take a look and PASS THIS ON! :-)

Your question of the day: What do you do that saves waste?

Here’s the full link… Agave Nectar Clinical Trials Stopped Due to Severe Side Effects

1. I really like the question&answer episodes, very insightful.
    I think you pose a great question, Kevin, when i saw the question before watching the video i instantaneously thought about green ideas for your home, like showering with a bucket for graywater etc.
    The only reduce of food waste i can come to think of, of the top of my head, is composting..
    Yesterday i was watching these videos on the web about dumpster diving chefs, something that made me really happy and also makes one think about all the perfectly good resources out there thats just getting thrown out due to our over consumptive, capitalistic society…

2. na says:

There’s no mention of which agave. A truly raw, organic brand should have no harmful effects for diabetics.

3. cammy says:

Reducing food waste idea: When I do any juicing that involves carrots, I like to juice all the carrots first (by themselves) so I can collect the clean carrot pulp to use in various dips, soups, recipes, etc. Any of the unusable veggie & fruit pulp goes to the compost pile. :)

4. Rees Maxwell says:

What ‘recycling’ thing do I do with food? One of my favs is to walk the alleys here in Eugene, OR, gleaning from the abundant fruit trees! The alley behind where we used to live contains five different types of plums! There are rose hips now coming into ripeness. Apples. Pears. Blackberries. There are even hops that someone is growing along their back fence. If I’m really industrious and am bringing a ladder, I do first go to the owner’s front door and ask if I can harvest the overhanging fruit. No one has ever said no.

That’s my favorite way of ‘recycling’ food that would otherwise be fertilizing the alleys.

5. Betty says:

When I have veggie trimmings I have been blending them & using it in water to water my plants.I used to throw them in my veggie patch .Going to try container gardening next year.

I use grapes , honey , or eat it as it is.

Betty

6. alice says:

Avoid packaged foods!
    I throw one ziplock baggie of trash away a week, everything else is composted.

7. Sheryl says:

I notice side affects(shakes etc.) when using Aguave that’s not raw but when it’s raw i’m fine with it. My sugar level is good with raw fruits or anything.

8. Rene Pollan says:

Kevin,

Thanks for the update. Sounds plausible. I wonder, though…

Given what we know about the power of food lobbies, anything that might pose a serious threat to the consumption of sucrose might be marginalized. Would be happy to hear any substantiation of the results from the study.

We don’t use agave here…using mostly dates, coconut, fruit (and dried fruit), and occasionally honey.

Thanks for the great work you both are doing,

Rene

9. Heyward says:

Follow up to the drawings:

they came true! “Perfect Pantry” and “Fantastic Freezer!” I suppose to the average person, 3 boxes of wheatgrass and 2 bottles of e3live seem easily achievable, but at the time of the drawing it seemed like a nice fantasy.

“Perfect Pantry” was a bit more dramatic- during the drawing, I specifically thought “hrm, I made the vitamineral earth bottle too big…I never buy those big sized bottles.” later that day, I got a phone call from the grocery store “Heyward, hi, it’s Timoney from Rainbow Blossom. Listen, I can only get the big bottles of Vitamineral Earth. Is that okay?” “(remembering the drawing) Well, I created it, didn’t I?” “What?” “Never mind, yeah, it’s fine.”

Also, when I drew “Perfect Pantry” I put a little stack of money in there. 3 days later, my mom yelled up the stairs “Heyward, Grandmummy gave you some money for your special groceries.” “Sweet! Tell her thank you!” “OKay…I put it on the shelf in your pantry….”

10. Heyward says:

BTW, E3Live is the BOMB. Ho-LEE-hay-zeus. I have been looking for a raw food staple, something I should eat every day, and that is numero-flipping-UNO. Wheatgrass cubes, are a very close second.

11. Heyward says:

BTW, E3Live is the BOMB. Ho-LEE-hay-zeus. I have been looking for a raw food staple, something I should eat every day for good health, and that is numero-flipping-UNO. Wheatgrass cubes are a very close second. Does anyone have a suggestion for number three?

12. Heyward says:

shoot…how do you delete comments…

13. Betty Jane says:

Same here… composting. Most of it goes to a bin outside but I also keep a covered bin under my kitchen sink with redworms. They can eat through newspaper, shredded mail and veg/fruit scraps in a few months, providing me with very rich castings for potted plants or the garden. They’re fascinating little guys, too!

14. Rosemarie says:

To try to avoid waste I:
    Use my sprout soak water for my plants also, I always use cloth shopping bags at the grocer, not their paper or plastic. I keep my home dark as much as possible, I use a gas stove for heating my home, saves my over $100.00 per month. I use chicken manure for fertilizer.
    I compost either outside or blend and pour on plants. I use old newspaper or junkmail as a cover for my veggies to keep water in and weeds out.
    I enjoy eating weeds from my organic gadren and some other edible plants that are usually tossed in the garbage bin. I use green bags for produce where I used to toss bad fruit out these keep them longer and they don’t rot.
    I reuse clothing and or sheets to make other items for the house, or I give clothes away that I cannot use.

15. Genevieve says:

Composting, first of all. And I also like to contact manufacturers who package things in packages that are way bigger than the contents — and tell them why I won’t be buying their products again.

16. Mae says:

Great show

17. Kaylani says:

I compost food scraps. I don’t buy processed food. I use leftover juice pulp to make sun burgers and doggie biscuits. I use leftover almond pulp to make raw brownie cookies. Yum1

18. daystar says:

I like to refill Water Bottles, small savings, but it also reminds me the ritual of moving water with my hands, and respecting the yah-ness of water…

19. Karen Jackson says:

I compost most everything. I kinda hesitate using the yucky outside of papayas for composting, though.

Kaylani – why not post your raw brownie cookie recipe – please. I need recipes for using my almond pulp.

20. Sophia says:

I heard from a friend that when you are washing vegetables you can save the water by using a bucket, and from that use it to water plants!!!

21. John says:

Great show, I use raw green stevia like it’s going out of style. Well… I have a compost heap that’s a few feet high. And when I prepare pineapple, I juice the skins, and put the scraps in my compost heap. And I eat the core of most of my fruits (pears, apples, ect.)

22. martha says:

well guess what? as we are going raw we are getting less and less processed foods in our home. we have less of cans, bags, plastics since we are eating more raw veggies and fruits. I love going to the grocery store. at the check-out counter my whole entire basket is basically produce. the people in front or beside me have no veggies, usually bananas and everything else is packaged, canned or frozen. In the kitchen, there is no more room in the veggie bins of our refrigerator for the veggies, the fridge is the veggie bin and everything else should go in the drawers! the compost pile is growing, the green smoothies I add water after I pour my drink and water the plants. they are gorgeous now. (me or the plants)?

23. Dawn B says:

Let’s see, I gave up papertowels/napkins – use barmop rags and have a low flow washer. I also toss vege/fruit clippings in the compost. I should do that with water also (great idea). I try not to buy things with batteries or excessive packaging. I also like to get things in bulk and avoid individual portions.

there’s more, but dinner is done and hubby just walked through the door.

Have a great evening,
    Dawn B

24. Koa Sky says:

I turn off the shower while I wash, shower cold as much as I can and sometimes just washcloth myself. Since not using oils, washing dishes is often a quick soapless rinse.

25. nick says:

I juice kale, apples ginger,cabbage,carrots or whatever is in season and then I take the pulp and add a little olive oil, cayenne pepper,paprica, garlic and onion powder then mix it with my hands or vitamix then put it in my dehydrator it makes great vegetable crackers.

26. nick says:

I also take the cold water from my shower when waiting for the hot water and use the cold water to either water my non edible plants or to either wash the dishes or flush the toilet.

27. Kevin, please define what you mean by “processed”. Thanks

28. Andrea says:

This is what I have learned and may help explain agave effects:

Okay so generally when a sweetener is put into the body, blood sugar goes up…insulin is released and the body is brought back to balance.

Okay so here is the thing….. over time the mind automatically signals the body to release insulin merely at the TASTE of sweet. So get this… when a low-glycemic sweetener is put in the body (and the blood sugar hasn’t gone up), insulin may still released by the automatic sweet/insulin response and the result is that the blood sugar winds up going down causing low blood sugar.

The mind/body is amazing.

Andrea Tortorella, HHC
    Nourishment Coach

29. Andi says:

Hey Kev:
    We are a family of seven, so not much goes to waste. We also use WORMS in the compost, so sometimes I throw veggie scraps in there if the compost is getting low (we plant a lot and so use the compost faster than they can make it!)
    Our goats are great for keeping grass low and keeping us from firing up the lawn mower.
    I cut everyone’s hair, saving us at the salon, but we also take the hair and put it in a bird feeder so the birds can make cozy nests. My 12 year old took an old mailbox and made that bird feeder.
    We use the plastic containers from salad greens to grow radishes and sprouts. They hold the perfect amount of soil and they come with a lid for keeping in moisture, plus they are plastic #1 so no BPA.
    ..Gosh, we do so much there’s not enough room here!
    We usually have about three large bags of trash a week, which isn’t bad for a large family, but I know the little ones aren’t composting as much as we could so we will be working on that.
    Adapie: Dumpster diving chefs?! EWWWW!! I’m sorry, but once it hits the trash it’s stayin there LOL!! I have had food poisoning once and I would rather go through labor then go through that again!

30. Connie says:

Besides composting everything possible, I collect plastic containers to use in winter sowing (google that term; you’ll get an interesting education) to get a jump on my garden next spring. (I really ought to write an article for my website on that…) Just before it freezes outside I will fill my plastic containers with soil and plant seeds in them. Each seed will sprout whenever the conditions are just right for it, and then I will transplant the seedling into a raised bed. So my greenhouse table (recycled from two wood pallets) will be filled with plastic strawberry flats, water bottles, ice cream tubs, cookie boxes, yogurt containers, etc. You will be amazed at how many different containers you can find if/when you start looking! The smaller containers will probably be organized in aluminum foil pans–unless I use them as soil containers, too. Of course, I am also reusing any standard seeding pots I got from the garden centres. Each container needs to be covered with clear, slightly vented plastic so sun, air and a bit of moisture (but not too much) can get in until they sprout. For this I am recycling heavier packaging materials from things like catalogs and blanket bags.

My “office” has looked pretty scary lately but I finally got the winter sowing stuff put into two boxes to go out into the greenhouse as soon as hubby shortens my greenhouse table. :) The stuff that remains (boxes, bubbles, and tissue paper, etc.) are recycled from packages I have received–and will be reused in packages I send out.

I love recycling. It feeds my frugal nature!

Connie

31. Elaine says:

I’m in my 50’s and enjoy reading these ideas as I wasn’t raised with any “green” training at all, thanks for posting them. Just wondering what you younger “green” mothers do about diapering these days?

32. Carolina says:

Our dogs help us with some of our veggie scraps. The nut pulp we have used and attempted to make cookies, even some doggie treats. We also compost; and I will start to use the soak water for my plants. I also like the idea someone wrote about blending the veggie scraps and feeding it to the plants. We also use re-usable grocery bags.

33. We feed any whole food safe leftovers to our dog… is that a “green” thing to do? :-) We also save the pulp from juicing and mix it with a bit of sea salt and pepper, then dehydrate it for awhile… it’s great to sprinkle on salads!

34. Shashyk Sobe says:

Kaylane; please share with us , what you do with the pulp of your juicing , and please , the doggie cokies.
    thanks

35. Sylvia says:

In my yard I have garbage eating worms. All my produce leftovers go out to feed my worm buddies. If something has been in the fridge too long my buddies will turn it into soil for me. Such a grounded feeling comes over me when my buddies are munching my garbage.

36. Veronika says:

I use cloth bags at the grocery store, and re-use ziplock bags by rinsing them out, flipping them inside out and drying them on the dish rack. I don’t use ziplock bags very often, but this is helpful when I do.

Lots of great ideas for saving water! I loved the one about rinsing fruits/veggies in a bucket and then watering your plants…it’s like duh! I always felt bad about wasting water when rinsing.

If I use stickie notes at work, I typically write small short notes, so I cut the pad in half to save paper (so that the glue is on both halves).

And yes, composting is awesome!

Thanks everyone for your knowledge!

37. Hi Kevin,
    I use the water from blanching vegetables as drinking water, I am surprised it tastes quite good most of the time. I also save the pulp from juicing vegetables and use it in my soups to increase the fiber content of blended think soups. Generally, water left over from washing fruits and vegetables are used to water the plants and we take our baths from a bucket instead of having a shower. I also buy in bulk and try to pack the kids’lunch boxes in such a way that there is no waste material.

38. Hi Kevin,
    Agave nectar is particularly rich in fructose with some samples containing up to 90% fructose and 10% glucose depending on where the product is derived from. The reason why this product is great for diabetics is because it has a glycaemic index of 19. To put it in perspective, it has a low blood sugar profile compared to say glucose which has a glycaemic index of 100. Having said that, there is a down side to consuming too much fructose as malabsorption of fructose is associated gas production and osmotic diarrhea which can be quite uncomfortable. Depending on how much Agave was used in the trial, I speculate that these side effects could be one of the reasons for aborting the trial.

39. bitt says:

question…what about yacon syrup? i’ve been using that very sparingly instead of agave.

recycling food? I use juice pulp in crackers and nut milk pulp in some desserts or other recipes. Other than that I don’t make much waste!

40. Liana says:

We use a large glass bowl to wash/rinse our greens & veggies, and then use the water for our plants. With a family of five, we used to run our dishwasher almost every day. Instead, for the past year we have designated a set of utensils, plate, etc. for each person (inc. all 3 kids) to give a quick rinse/wash as needed. This not only teaches our children to clean up more after themselves, but we now rarely even use the dishwasher at all, and has significantly cut down on our use of water and electricity — yay! :) We wear sweaters and use throw blankets in the house to greatly lower our use of the heater in winter, keep windows open and never use A/C in summer, compost, avoid packaged foods, use cloth grocery bags, make all of our own cleaners (with reused bottles), buy what we can (ie Dr. B’s soap) in bulk, and reuse whatever we can on a daily basis (packing materials, boxes, bags, etc…).

41. Sweet work, Mr and Mrs Gianni…!

One of the things we do that has not already been shared is giving our left-over juicing pulp to our chickens, who gobble and peck at not only the pulp, but the insects it attracts. They subsequently poo on our next years garden. We can use their eggs and barter for produce.

Eggs are to bartering what cigarettes are to prison.

Thanks for being so rawsome.

T+J.

42. Liana says:

Oh, and to answer Elaine’s question… There are so many great options for eco-conscious diapering these days! Our favorite option is to buy all organic cotton dipes with inserts (ie the ones made by “grow baby”) — they have a reusable outer cover (that can be used many times a day before being washed), with a smaller all organic cotton insert “pad” that is quicker, easier/less bulky to wash. And, the very best is to use “elimination communication”, where baby does not need to use diapers almost at all!

Btw, (off-subject) I wanted to chime in, but didn’t get a chance the other day regarding Annemarie’s show on the difference between oils and lotions… Interesting topic — can’t wait to try your wonderful new products, Anne! And, please PLEASE do tell us where you got that beautiful pendant you’re wearing… I noticed David, Angela, and Matt all wearing them (at RawUnion), too, and have meant to ask wear you’re finding them… Thanks!

43. Marijana says:

When I go to store, I always make sure that I carry my cotton shopping bags with me that way I do not have need to take plastic once from shop. When I make smoothies and juices, I try to use as much as whole fruit/vegetable – leaves and roots. The big problem for me is that I do not have compost so I guess you can find me guilty to throw away banana peals and parts of veggies that I can’t use in my food preparation.

When I make nut milk, I save nut flour to make cookies and other fine deserts like following one:
    Pudding from nut leftovers
    1 cup of nut meal
    1-2 T carob (is someone likes cacao, you can throw some into mix)
    1 T raw honey
    pinch of vanilla powder (I make mine from scraped beans)
    1 t coconut oil
    water as needed

Blend everything in blender till you get smooth cream. My kiddies said that they have never tasted better pudding!

We do not overheat our home. Instead we like to put some sweaters on, and in summer we keep down shutters so sunlight can’t heat up our place and we do not own A/C.

44. Katherine says:

I love the question and hope to use some of the ideas I found such as using junk newspaper to slow down weeds in the garden and designating a plate, cup and bowl for each person (we seem to generate sooo many dishes, especially the blender and juicer washing).

My latest idea is to grow sprouts in old egg cartons…if you eat eggs, we do. We compost, use cloth bags, and own one car. IF someone is out, the others have to wait…it seems to work fine. I use biodegradable doggie bags too, but I dont really understand how they will degrade if people put them inside a regular garbage bag on the street corner? Anyone figure that out yet?
    Peace to all…love to all, Katie

45. I feed kitchen scraps to the “livestock” (in the Can-O-Worms bin). When I rinse the blender after a smoothie, I pour the water in the garden to enrich the soil. I “Plant” newspapers as a weed barrier. We keep thermostats high in summer and low in winter. We burn wood from our woods.
    Thanks for the almond meal recipe.

46. Bonnie says:

My good friend fills 2liter soda bottles with water and puts them in the flush tank behind peoples toilet-without them knowing. I plan to start doing the same! That helps to save thousands of gallons of water with out buying a new eco toliet.

47. Beth says:

Another great show, and I’ve learned some great tips to add to our “green” routines.
    We use cloth shopping bags, reuse rinsing water and cat water for water plants, compost, keep the heat turned down and wear extra layers, blankets or cats ;) We also keep the windows open (awning style rocks on rainy days) in the summer and try not to run the A/C unless absolutely necessary.
    We have also upgraded things in our house (high efficiency furnace, new Low-E windows, new garage door with weather stripping, etc).
    Oh! We also use Soap Nuts and then compost them. Truly an amazing find – thanks to Mike Adams for bringing the information on his site :)

48. Chuck says:

I’m a bit confused about your statement that agave isn’t good for diabetics because it caused ‘low’ blood sugar levels. Typically that would be a good thing. I also don’t see that listed as the issue on that GRI site link. What it does say is that the trial was stopped for the reasons that included that the material they were testing had additional additives and different composition from what had originally been submitted for testing. So it appears to me that they stopped because of supply and supply quality issues and the impact that might have been causing.

49. mary says:

I’m thinking about incorporating more raw in my diet but i’m not sure I have time… It seems like it takes soo much time to prepare everything.

50. Pamela says:

We compost raw trimmings, for use on flowers and vegetables in the beds. We have switched to all fluorescent bulbs in the house, wear sweaters in the winter and are learning to be cool when it’s cold and warm when it’s hot. I line dry some things like comforters and sheets whenever possible. Our backyard will hopefully soon be more vegies and less grass…that’s about it. Oh–and are just lots more conscious of products with stuff in it–I now use coconut oil (or Annmarie’s) for face moisturizer,Dr Bronner’s soap for personal hygiene, and Tooth Soap for oral care. Just little things!

51. shan says:

Happy birthday Annmarie! I have your skin care products bookmarked, and I will order some when I can afford to. :-) Ty for the pure skin care options!

I eat about 90 to 95% raw currently…I don’t turn down all the food from friends and family lol….I just do the best I can.

Well relax and have fun today..I think you are beautiful inside and out!

tc, Shan

52. Carol says:

We pay $5.00 for a hard plastic to-go container that a salad comes in at the Stir It Up restaurant in St Augustine.
    Then you bring the plastic container back to them and they fill it up again, instead of sending you off with the Styrofoam to-go containers that they used to use.

53. Brian says:

I don’t follow all of the tips.

1. By blending greens in water instead of juicing, waste will be cut down. You will also need less fiber supplements.

If you do juice, you can feed the pulp to the soil microbes by mixing it in your garden or put it in your compost.

2. Growing vegetables.

3. Cooking grains/legumes with soak water which contain water soluble nutrients. Some anthocyanins are leeched into the soak water.

4. Grinding nuts/seeds without overheating and soaking it for few hours. Higher surface area should result in a more complete macronutrient and phytate digestion.

For number 3 and 4, it can be a tough decision since some say there are antinutrients in the soak water.

5. Trying to reduce the need of food by eating a balanced diet. Getting enough sleep is important. Avoid too much water in the afternoon during cool weather.

When I avoid animal products for a few days, I don’t feel satisfied and I overeat. Too much isn’t good either. You can balance the acidity with greens. Probably I have been consuming the same foods everyday.

It’s important to eat a variety of foods even though they are considered a complete protein source. You will notice that almost any food can be tasty one day but less tasty the next day.

54. Jane Gudge says:

take anything you have cut off the fruit and veg you dont juice process and blend- all the old or damaged leaves, peelings yellowing stalks, cores, pips, tea leaves, even coffe grounds if your family drinks it, basically everything that you might put on the compost heap and blend it into a liquid, – looks like untreated sewage! and pour into small trenches in the vegetable fruit patch cover with soil it will be the fastest soil enhancer,feed and conditioner

55. Sherry says:

Make Kim Chi with your veggie left overs.Cultured Vegetables are a powerful addition to the diet.

liverawkstar on youtube has a great recipe!

56. Jenny says:

I also love your question and answer shows.

I save all the pulp after juicing, then freeze it for when I need to make more “sunshine burgers” and tomato wraps in my dehydrator. Its usually celery, beets,and carrots. When garbage day comes, all I have to throw out is just 3/4 of a tall kitchen can bag. The rest is all recycling.

57. Jenny says:

BTW Kevin, I have to thank you so much for your book “High Raw”. After months of having saved your free copy of your very generous book, I finally printed it out. It was at a time where being 100% Raw was getting boring, monotonous and just was NOT satisfying me. I found myself salivating over my CAT’S FOOD!!!!!!!! That was rediculous. So I started to read your book and started to add cooked veggies along with cooked grains. Living in the NE it was getting cold, so in the morning I switched my regimen around so I could have hot oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon,goji berries, along with a sprinkling on top with Bee Pollen, flax seed oil,and honey or agave necter.

I have even LOST more weight with this change!!!!

Thanks again Kevin!

58. MomT says:

I produce less waste by not buying processed, prepackaged foods, Thanks for sharing all your valuable insights.

Be well,

MomT (Raw Kitchen Witch)

59. Brynda Bechtold says:

I haven’t purchased a baggie or plastic wrap in over 19 years when I started using Tupperware (the polypropylene,comes from the waste after the petrol is removed, and starts out as algae on the bottom of the ocean,interesting!). I carry empty containers and fill them at the co-op and then they go right into the cabinet w/o any fuss.
    Rosemarie, if you use junk mail which has been bleached and is full of dioxin residues, then you don’t have an organic garden! That’s why recycled paper products are toxic, they are full of dioxin.
    Also Catherine Clark says to discard the water and pulp from almonds due to an enzyme inhibitor in the brown skin. Would love to know more about this as it is painful to discard all that almond pulp!

60. Darlena says:

I save the pulp from almond milk, dehydrate it and mix it into coconut oil for a wonderful shower scrub…. leaves your skin soft and smooth!!!

61. mountainbutterfly says:

Juicing pulp: Freeze and take it to the farmers mkt, for someone to feed to their chickens- no shortage of takers.
    Laundry: only use 1/3 amt of detergent suggested by mft., use only cold water for wash/rinse, turns out, water temp. doesn’t really affect cleaning outcome much, but it does our electric bill!. Laundry is softer with less detergent and just as clean. Fabric sheet: sprinkle essential oil on a rag and toss it in the dryer. Don’t over-dry and you won’t have static issues and underwear elastic last way longer!
    Leafy Greens plastic boxes use for sprouting, and save the rest for farmers mkt, vendors use it for display of produce and in place of plastic bags (to carry sold produce) as their sturdiness protects produce from bruising.
    Wash long hair 1-2x week, hair is healthier and save tons on shampoo/conditioner.
    Skin Brush in place of body soap. Soap up privates and arm pits only. Skin less dry and healthier.
    Toothpaste: use only 1/3 of a pea size, thats enough to gett’r done! Never throw out jars. Multiple uses around the house.
    On and on…
    Eat Raw and Prosper.

62. Kelly says:

I dehydrate citrus rinds, then gind them and use as a flavouring. Add to smoothies or in a capsule or tea for added weight control benefits. Watermelon rinds can be pickled or fermented too. When I have exhausted the flavour in my chai tea mix, I grind it up into a wet mash and add to desserts.

63. judy says:

I love the show, if Annmarie uses feminine napkins or tampons from the store they are made from recycled paper like newspaper, they are chemicaled to break them down into a paper pulp. This pulp contains high levels of lead, pesticides additives and persertives then they are bleached to make them white. Even health stores product is made the same way but with out the bleach. There is a healthy product from Winalite all natural cotton ingredients. Bio degradable so they don’t fill up the land fills. Just like you are out to help people get healthy I am out to do the same.

64. Florence says:

I compost and go to the farm so no packaging and I will reuse the soaking water to water my plants!
    Thanks for the great idea.
    Love to you both.
    Florence

65. janet says:

i want to make wheat and gluten free and dairy free cup cakes for diabetics but not want to use agauve i want the best thing humanaly possible any suggestions? i am willing to share with you the final recipe in apprication for any ideas

66. shop coats says:

Thanks that was a awesome read!

67. aimee says:

Janet.
    you could try using prune puree to sweeten your baked goods
    soak pitted prunes in boiling water to soften and then blend or puree
    Surprising how sweet they are!
    Aimee

68. linda says:

Saw your video on agave study shortened.
    There was a question about (sorry don’t know the spelling)
    DrIed lekuma fruit powder-sweetener.
    Where can I find this sweetener, the nutrition, benefits and side effects information on it?
    Linda