How to Find High Quality Herbs – The Renegade Health Show Episode #411

Tuesday Oct 6 | BY |

Back today with Rehmannia (Dean from the Shaman Shack)…

In this episode, I ask him how you can find high quality herbs. He also covers rhodiola and how adaptogens work in the body.

We’re loving it here in Sedona and want to thank Michael and Tracy and the rest of the Shields family for their hospitality!

Your question of the day: Have you been to Sedona?

To find out more about Rehmannia, please visit www.ShamanShack.info

1. Lori DeVries says:

Was in Sedona about 15 years ago. Don’t know how built up it is since we were there, but we loved the red rock cliffs! Went shopping at the mall outlet stores out there. Pretty, pretty scenery. Still have our token Sedona t-shirts preserved!

2. Veronika says:

I’m loving this herb series! Dean is so much fun to listen to! I learned a lot and I feel more comfortable experimenting with Chinese herbs now.

3. Lisa says:

Never been west of the Mississippi…..

4. Carole Cole says:

I love learning about herbs..I’ve been taking classes and been involved with a company that I use Chinese whole grade food herbs in my smoothies…finding the best quality is important expecially when making tincturs. Keep the info coming…great stuff!
    Carole Cole
    Santa Barbara

5. Carole Cole says:

tinctures

6. Marie1225 says:

Hi Kev and Annmarie,

Question-what do you guys think about the big containers from Taylor Farms with the organic mixed greens in them? Its been an affordable way for me to get some greens. I alternate my salads with that, and kale. I also purchase their spinach in the large container for my smoothies. Do you think thats ok?

Thanks!

Marie

7. crow says:

Nope, never been to Sedona.

Loved the show today. Hope you have more shows on herbs.

8. Ed says:

Today is high kids , I have been to Cydonia and the herbs are weak on the face of it.. same-same minerals and bio-activity trump altitude every time on genetic expression. Yes I post-mendel meant it, or what is remineralizing and sustainable community developement for???

9. SANDY says:

I did not catch his web-site………. Please post it so we can see it. Thanks, S.T.

10. Dianne says:

Yes, I’ve been to Sedona. Simply beautiful.

11. Annette says:

Great show, really enjoy learning about herbs.
    Yes, love Sedona! Absolutely gorgeous there, just a little too touristy… 🙂

12. Sophia says:

Hi Kevin! I always love your enthusiasm!!!

By the way next week is World Rainforest Week. I was wondering if you knew anything about that or could possibly mention it to your viewers and talk a little about what’s happening to the rainforest/why it is important to protect it, because you have so many viewers. If not no problem, just a suggestion!

13. We love Sedona so much we are moving out there! Chocolatree baby! yum!

14. Sophia says:

By the way I hope your foot gets better soon!

15. Anne says:

I’ve been to Sedona many times. One of the benefits of living in AZ!

16. Martha says:

Never been, looks like a great place!
    Always love to hear about herbs and
    Rhodiola is one of my favs!

17. Dawni says:

Oh, Kevin your spill sounds like a big, Ou eee…! Good thing you have AnnMarie’s skilled hands.

Enjoying the segments on herbs.

Sedona is a treasure and a regular Spring/Fall destination for me for more than 20 years. So, I have seen it in its less congested years. There have been waves of very interesting folk who have called Sedona home over the decades. Some of those folks deeply influence my life.

It is still and extraordinary place to be. And at night, out near Long Canyon, you can still get a good view of the milky way and a loaded sky of star beings. The subtle is not so subtle in Sedona. Energetically, it is like going RAW.

Best to all, Dawni

18. Annette Kleinfeld says:

His explanation about the workings of yin and yang and the herbs was fascinating. I would like to get his website, could you please write it down on your posts? He said it too fast for me!
    Annette from Jerusalem

19. Nick says:

yeah, was there in 2000. Spent 2 months in each state of the 4 corners. When I got to Sedona I’d just got over hypothermia. I was staying in my van & my propane furnace broke over the wrong 4 days. It was December. I descended from Flagstaff into the spectacular red rocks & learned of a regional rainbow gathering, also centered around Y2K, at Stage Stop, just south of Sedona. Then learned of a “huge rock show” in Tuscon. Turned out to be a gem & mineral show, and i believe, yes, the greatest show of that kind on Earth. Far more interesting than ear-numbing musack, but i did feel those amazing & beautiful rocks were mere plunder & belonged back where they were found. Surely they were there for a reason beyond our narrowed & dumbed-down ken. Like what if we chopped up the rocks of Sedona & laid them out for sale? As they say, there’s no accounting for taste.

20. Lori says:

Was in Sedona 2 weeks ago and will go up there again this weekend if I thought I could run into you guys! Definitely one of the perks to living in AZ!

21. Jense Anjali says:

Thanks Kevin! Dean was an awesome interview. Take care of your foot … ouch!

Sedona … never been – yet! – but am drawn to a visit from all I hear about it.

22. Ellena Munoz says:

Great show! I tried to post a comment, don’t know if it went through since I forgot to put my name. Question… Where can I find a good antioxidant supplement? I have been reading a lot about free radicals and the causes of an increase in them. My husband has been under a lot of stress lately with his mom being terminally ill and his workload increasing at work. I know antioxidants won’t cure his stress, he’s working on managing that, but he also works out a lot and I think a good antioxidant supplement would help. Also, I have noticed recently stretchmarks on my calves. After research I realized that it was from the excessive stretching and i was doing in Yoga. Obviously not everyone will be effected by stretching like I am, I think I already have a pretty low collagen level. I have never been extrememly overweight, in fact my legs are always thin…especially my calves. This and the fact that stress and working out produces more free radicals I am led to believe that I too need something quick.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW love love love the show.

23. Chris says:

Yes I was in Sedona last April. I about froze to death – – so very cold in the mornings and evenings.. and not very warm mid day. I didn’t expect that kind of weather for a place I heard got so hot your shoes would melt onto the pavement – – and I didn’t bring warm enough clothes.. Yes it was pretty, if you like cactus. I met some very nice people. . and found an awesome vegan restaurant.. I might go back one day.. but I’d check the weather first.

24. Karen Pringle says:

Yes, my son Zahwa and I went in May of 2008 and had always wanted to go; so glad we did! The rocks, the colors, the feel of the place, it’s another magickal place like Santa Cruz, CA for us.

Take care of your foot ~ which one was it by the way? Are you having trouble with your “footing”? ‘I’m a mind/body worker.. in peace, karen

25. Leam says:

No, never been to Sedona.

I’ve found that arnica works quite well when banged or bruised up. I’m sure you know what works well for you. Take care.

26. Christa says:

Hey Kevin and Annemarie,

i have been trying to go raw for a little over two years now, but my cravings for cooked foods get the best of me everytime. Do you have any advice or tips as to how to rid myself of these cravings for cooked high fat foods? Also, is there a way to feel sustained and satisfied on a raw foods diet?

27. mak says:

Sedona..what a magical place, along with the Great Canyon and many other magical places in AZ..I went 15 yrs ago but it feels like yesterday! The energy of the place almost throw me on my back! it was just a fantastic journey for us. I wish I could visit again.
    Thanks you and A.Marie for all that you do for us. Very much appreciated.

28. I haven’t been to Sedona (yet) but it is on my wish list of places to visit before I die. 🙂

29. Mary Ellen says:

YESSSS! Last year! We stayed at Sedona Summit. FINALLY we got to go to a raw food restaurant! I LOVED it!! Also went to NYC this past spring and got to go to Quintessant Restaurant (was that the name?) Fantastic! Wish there was one in Rochester.

30. gerry says:

Yes, almost 15 years ago was there for a week. Pure magic and life changing, I am so looking forward to a return visit. (Very Soon!!!) Love those red rocks.

31. Michelle says:

Was in Sedona last week, tried to get in touch with you guys to meet you but didn’t hear from you?? I stayed with Happy Oasis at her place in Prescott for a few days. She even tried to call you but apparently she had the wrong number. Really was looking forward to meeting you!

Sedona is an amazing place for so many reasons. It was my first time there, but will definitely be back!