Heavy Metal Testing of E3Live and More – The Renegade Health Show Episode #394

Friday Sep 11 | BY |

This is part 2 of our series on E3Live…

Lots of lively discussion on the blog, I’ll have some comments next week and answer a bunch of your questions then! 🙂

Still working on a special deal with E3Live so if you want to try it, you can! Stay tuned…

Today, Tamera brings us further along in the process and we discuss heavy metal testing, toxin testing and how the algae is dried for the dry supplement capsules.

Your question of the day: What is your favorite Renegade Health Show?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

1. Anthony Michael says:

my favoriate renegade health show? oh thats easy.. any video you did with Johnny 5… I love that cat johnny 5; he rules.

2. Heather says:

I really enjoyed learning about the wild foods and it has made me think that if the codex does go through and some of the supplements and super foods that I like to use are no longer available then I can at least go foraging.

3. Nellie Ann says:

I enjoyed the holistic information regarding dentistry.
    In Canada it’s very hard to find a holistic dentist and when you do, often they are booked ahead about a year. If you can’t wait that long it’s easy to get sucked into the “not so good” alternatives.

4. Peg says:

Impossible to pick one! In general I like the recipe shows–other than that I could not pick.

I am looking forward to trying the E3Live product. I hope it will be available in a small trial size.

5. Russ says:

That’s an easy one. Your interview of Charlotte Gerson. Since that interview, I’ve watched all the documentaries, bought her book and now volunteer for the Gerson Institute.
    thanks Kevin!

6. Nellie Ann says:

Sorry, I was wrong to say “in Canada”regarding the waiting period for holistic dentists. I’m talking about Ontario. Truth be told, I never did find a holistic dentist. If anyone knows of one I would love to hear about it.

I am also looking forward to trying the E3Live.

7. lorrwill says:

Anthony Michael said EXACTLY what I was going to say. But since I am new and have only seen 2 shows with Teh Kitteh, I would say the one where he is scratching the couch and you tell him to stop and he gives you a look that cracks you up.

(About this video and the last, the sound was too low in a couple of places. I had a hard time hearing Tamera.)

8. Krina says:

I love each and every show. I really enjoyed the one about what foods you have eliminated from your diet. It’s exciting to see the changes in the both of your appearances. It is very motivating to see your progress. You both look radient! Thanks for everything.

Krina

9. Nimeesha says:

When Jonny 5 takes over and disrupts the recording.

10. Hey Kevin, Would you do a show on Heavy Metal toxicity and how to clean your body from heavy metals or toxins like Mercury, Aluminum, Radiation from xrays, MSG poisoning,etc… Thanks

11. David says:

I agree with Heather. The wild food episodes. There is actually alot of good healing food already growing in nature. We just need to teach people how to recognize these wild plants.

12. Geri says:

More cooking shows! The times you and Annemarie are talking with Johnny 5 are hilarious. Like the time he walked away from the camera and his bum was facing ‘us’ and you covered it with your hand. so funny!

13. nick says:

wild food have anymore footage?

14. Linda Miller says:

I like almost all of them. What was especially helpful for me was the one about the thyroid and vegetables.

15. Brigitte says:

Love seeing all the shows including the recipes, Jonny 5, foraging, etc., but also love the interviews you do with various people regarding their specialties.

16. Mary says:

Love this show…love the music, anything with Ann Marie (especially preparing foods) and Jonny 5 is a fun show! Also enjoy the “experts” interviews- missed Charlotte Gerson, thanks Russ – I’ll look into Gerson Institute.
    Also really enjoy reading everyone’s notes. Thanks to all.!!!:)

17. Sharon says:

Since everyone was mentioning the Charlotte Gerson interview, I checked the archives and found it. How old is she anyway? Good show…they’re all good. Since I’m a somewhat “newbie” I haven’t seen any shows with Johnny5, but am looking forward to him starring in one soon. 🙂

18. Andi says:

Alittle bit of the cat is ok, but not too much. Not all of us likes the interupption that much….you guys are really bringing to us some helpful info and you have a very short amount of time each day to do it in so focusing on the cat is sometimes annoying (please don’t hate me for saying that!!!)
    Whew, got that off my chest…
    Thanks for all you do guys!

19. Cindy says:

I just love the recipe shows – lots of new fun things for me to try. I like many of the other shows too – the diversity is fun and of course, Johnny 5 rocks! >^..^<

20. Andi says:

Speaking of heavy metals, have you seen this video “The Smoking Tooth”? It addresses the mercury fumes coming from old fillings. You will be SHOCKED!!!

21. I liked the one with Ani Phylo (sp?) and her new desserts!
    Also liked the one about teeth whitening
    and the one about the exercises you can do easliy out side…and the one about the thyroid and veggies….actually I like them all…including Johnny 5 (my dog likes cats also1)…thanks for digging info up for us all to absorb!

22. Roseanna says:

All!!! but I do like natural outdoors live food info the best and Anne Marie’s cooking – but really-I enjoy every episode immensely! YOU GUYS ROCK!

23. Ali says:

loved learning about chia gel! one of the many new and favorite additions to my raw food diet!

24. Eric says:

My favorite shows are generally when you answer questions – you have a wonderful thought process and flexible approach. Otherwise, I have two – the episode where Daniel Vitalis talked about Chaga really captured my imagination, since then I’ve been hiking and hunting for wild food and spring water, which has been marvelous. I haven’t found chaga (that I could reach), yet, but have found two other medicinal mushrooms that grow on birch that do a lot of the same things as chaga, it’s an amazing tree.

I also enjoyed the episode where you showed all of the sprouting and wheatgrass at tree of life, it was the perfect episode, and such a wonderful display of the beautiful simplicity of sprouts.

I have to say, I also really enjoyed your episodes with Brigitte Mars – I guess the common theme of all of these is that they focus on extremely powerful ways we can start to heal ourselves and create abundance without lots of money and with things that are right around us. I think of money as a toxin, perhaps acidic, and it’s nice to find ways to eliminate it’s prominence in one’s life.

25. Yves says:

I have a question: What is in your opinion the best source of plant minerals to use as suplement?
    1) Fulvic Acid
    2) Algae Cal
    3) Colloidal Minerals
    4) E3 Live
    or something else?

Also what do you think of Zeolite?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Yves.

26. Meeling says:

I like all your shows in which you include Johnny5; my most most most favorite Renegade Health show is the one in which toward the end of the show you asked Johnny5 which is his favorite state, and he responds in a variety of ways, from being silent, looking away, doing a soft meow, a medium meow, or a louder meow… Johnny5 makes my day!

27. crow says:

My favorites were the guy with the raised garden and the ones last week on getting natural herbs from nature.

28. Alma Melan says:

Variety is the spice of life and that is what you give us. I love all the shows including Johnny5. Thank you for giving us so much of your time so we can make the choice to be healthier.

29. crow says:

Sorry, forgot to add great post! Can’t wait to see your next post!

30. Carachi says:

I like all your shows…
    Especially when talking to some expert. (I have saved the show about sprounting at Tree of Life as a favorite)
    All love all shows with (focused) foodprep.
    All like the Q&A shows.
    I like the shows because you give facts about many subjects, and are keen to sort out any misunderstandings, and that you try to give us actuall facts and news. That you seem to be unbiased, and that you share your own story.
    (By the way – have not AnnMarie had any problems at all with the raw diet, eleminating foods and such?)
    A little bit of Johny5 is fun when it comes naturally, but as someone said: The show is short, time is valuable, distractions can be annoying (for us that tries to draw all the goodies out of these short minutes) if they get to long.

31. Linda says:

I totally agree with Cindy!

I look forward to Annmarie being “in the kitchen” on Wednesday’s. I also LOVE when J5 decides to make a cameo appearance. LOL!

Message to Sharon,

I saw Charlotte Gerson about 9 or 10 years ago at a Halellujah Acres. I believe at that time she was about 77 years old. So she should be in her upper 80’s. She was a WEALTH of information then and I appreciated everything she shared with us at that time. What a marvelous woman!

32. Jean says:

Love the shows where you answer questions. Would love just a day when that is all you do on the show is answer questions like you have wednesday cooking day. We need the info that is in your head Kev and you are so good at it. Thanks for all you do.
    P.S Would like to know more info on womens issues from AnnMarie.

33. Joan says:

I enjoyed the shows about raised bed gardening and high raw health tips that are simple – without superfoods, other than those found organically at grocery stores or farmers’ markets – simple foraging – get my point, keep it simple and affordable 🙂

34. Kasey says:

Any show with the raw doctor Rick Dina!!!

Or in general, any show where you interview top raw leaders and ask them good questions that contradict their work. Like asking david wolfe about the dangers of cacao, or asking doug graham about too much sugar. Things like that ; )

And of course… more johnny 5!!!!

35. Melissa Rei says:

Every RH show is great but The BEST RH episode EVER that I’ve seen is #42, Raw Burritos and Mole Sauce for Cinco de Mayo. Just type in “Cinco de Mayo” in the search box and it will come up towards the bottom.

Watch this and you’ll see why it’s my favourite.

I would love to see Kevin and AnnMarie do a similar show like this in FULL COSTUME again. Sooo much fun!! Thank you for your energetic, enthusiastic, entertaining and informative shows.

36. Anita says:

More shows on wild edible foods…
    Interviews with leading raw foodists like David Wolfe and of course more of Johnny 5 on the background…
    Also are you familiar with high B6 levels in the blood and toxicity resulting from it?
    How would you get the levels down?
    Keep up the good work…

37. Didiydi says:

I also have several favorites….old one from last year where you ask should you eat organic?- that was totally hilarious. Then another funny one where you talk to Jonny5 which states he prefer, lol.
    I also liked the way you so diplomatically but not afraid to stand by your opinion voiced where you stand on chocolate. And than later agave issues. I appreciated your info on cruciferious vegetables and iodine. I loved interview with Brigitte Mars. And I love when you answer our questions. I also like to see Ann Marie and always get inspired to do her recipes, very yummy.

It would be nice if possible for you to tell us which person you plan to interview in advance , like you mentioned today about Donna Gates, so they can answer our questions. There were so many questions after E3Live interview yesterday.

So questions about Donna Gates- does she have any ideas for green smoothies for candida people who can’t have fruits?

Thanks for all that you and Ann Marie do.
    Diana

38. Chris & Sara says:

OH my gosh! How do we decide. Well, we love them all (just realized how many we have seen!) and think they each serve their purpose.

We love recipes, the gardening, urban gardening dude, Gerson, rock dust, Brigette wild foraging, WOW Thanks for having us remember all these. We have had such a blast and learned sooo much!!!!

Can you imagine all this info in a curriculum?!??!?!?!

Even the crazy bee keeper (who everbody got their panties in a bunch over) Even though that one was controversial, it sure got us researching to find the truth and we learned so much from that one!

We love the shows that show people doing good for the world ! (Pretty much all of em) 🙂

And of course Johnny 5 always gives a great laugh!

Thank you- thank you- for opening our minds and sharing such awesome and fun information, while opening up your lives to us and others. Totally rad.

It is sooo cool to see all the places in U.S. that we have never been. Even just your little backgrounds give us a glimpse of places we have not seen.

Lots of love and aloha~~

39. Dede says:

my favorite – – probably a tie – between Wednesday’s In the Kitchen (yes, I mean all of them 🙂 ) and the exercise show when you two just stopped along the highway and Kevin made up an exercise routine based on what was there – a picnic table and a grassy spot. You’ve had many many great shows but – I bet its that exercise show that taught me the most – on many levels 🙂 – hugs, Dede
    ps – btw – I really miss the Exercise Friday 🙂

40. Dede says:

whoops – -it was called Fitness Friday I think 🙂

41. Lois Kubota says:

OMG that video on mercury fillings was quite scarry! Have to think seriously about having the remaining fillings removed.

How could I possibly pick the best show? They are all great and informative and that’s why I watch Renegade Health stuff way more than anything else. I do agree about how fun it is to see J5 though. He does rock!

42. sherry says:

I like most of the videos.Don’t edit johnny 5 out I enjoy seeing and hearing him.Would like to see a interview with David Wolfe in a forest about wild foods.

AS far as Klamath lake algae goes I would need proof that it’s 100% clean of all poison ect.
    before I would touch it with a stick.

Use to live in Klamath Falls and Chilaquin.

43. Beth says:

I enjoy all the different show that you do, all the topics you cover, and all the people you interview / talk to.
    I’m missing Fitness Fridays a bit, but can always go back and revisit the old episodes.

44. LuAnn Agustin says:

Hi Guys!
    I LOVE The Renegade Health Show for the many reasons already expressed and do especially appreciate the reader comments and feedback because they do open our limited world to explore many different avenues we would otherwise never get to.
    Andi – #20 today THANK YOU for sharing that youtube video about mercury dangers;
    crow – #27 I agree with you about the John Kohler video as it open up the possibilities of my yard, and I loved all his videos on his website; Chris & Sara – #38 Beautiful sarongs on your site! My fav is the Hippy Gypsie Hibiscus skirt and pin!
    Wow, I could go on and on.
    I agree with the multitudes about Jonny 5. Take no notice of the haters, Kevin. Most of us LOVE cats and their antics. They are a moment of joy in our lives!
    Thank you for all that you do and bring to us daily!
    Bless you!
    LuAnn

45. Sandy Jo says:

I’m a newbie and have enjoyed all shows. My favorites of course are recipe Wednesdays because I need all the help I can get right now on what to eat. I really enjoy reading the comments after the shows because I learn so much from everyone. What’s really awesome is when someone will share a recipe or website.

From the archives, I’ve enjoyed the product reviews like the one on Nitiva Hemp Products while at a show. Also how to use them. The teeth whitening show was great too.

Don’t hate me either, I beg you please, but I totally agree with Andi on J5. Acutally, I love seeing him but it can be very distracting when he gets vocal. Love what you do for all of us.

Peace

46. I like the audios you have been doing also, like Donna Gates, Victor’s. Always with lots of useful information.

47. Karen says:

I like all your shows. I like the creativity and diversity. I’ve learned so many things from you. For example, I learned some time ago about oil pulling and have incorporated it into my personal program. You have taught me many things and prompted me to research many other topics. I just love learning new things about health. I really appreciate all you guys do for us. Although, I wish I knew where you were in Los Angeles this weekend so I could go see you!

48. Katie says:

Love them all…Love the Johnny 5 ones BUT; I think you have totally saved me with the Tooth Soap one…I was able to get the Tooth Soap out of Toronto and will be seeing the Periodontist in a few weeks…I look forward to the results as the Dentist didnt have great faith 🙂

49. Janice says:

I like the fact that you are out there every day, M-F, sharing with us all the new things you’re discovering, interviews with the people in the know, the recipes and the Q/A. I really love the fact that you make yourself available, and if I have a buring issue, I can ask and you will usually comment on it.

You are both very dedicated, fun and informative. Can’t think of a better combination!

My raw food journey has improved 100% since my sister first shared your website with me!

Thanks to you both!

50. Liliane says:

So many great shows, hard to pick. There was one back in your condo that was special.The light was in Annmarie’s eyes. You said the light needed to be on her because she’s pretty, not you. Annmarie looked at you and said, I think you’re pretty. It was so sweet. Gave me warm fuzzies.

Oh and absolutely love seeing your fur kid, Johnny 5. He is a real character.

Thank you so much for what you are doing. What a blessing the 3 of you are! 🙂

51. jackie says:

Really hard to pick a favorite…I pretty much like them all. Good work, and thanks a million!

52. Destiny says:

I don’t have a favorite but I have a least favorite. It’s the one where you offered a breakfast book by Rita Marie. I ordered the book and NEVER GOT IT!

53. Ed says:

Viktoras Kulvinskas,Viktoras Kulvinskas, Viktoras Kulvinskas, ViktorasKulvinskas, Viktoras Kulvinskas 5 times real fast. Episode 95 is a quick glimpse at the (his) diet, exercise, attitude,enzymes,probiotics,remineralize,and raise your PH approach. The very best of this line of thought came on the linked interview you took us to which isn’t in the archives,is it still available? It really is the best, which leads me to ask you to bring more insight into protolytic enzymes to the show.Thanks again very much.

54. RYAL says:

OK, SO I AM NEW TO THE WHOLE RAW FOOD DIET… BUT I DID WONDER ABOUT ONE THING… EVERYTIME I LOG ONTO YOU TUBE AND LEARN MORE ON HOW TO MAKE BREADS AND CRAKERS I ALWAYS FIND THAT PEOPLE START WITH A FLAX SEED OR A WHEAT BERRY HOWEVER, I NEVER SAW ANY MADE WITH OATS.. I SAW A LADY MAKE RAW OAT MEAL COOKIES SO WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THAT?

55. Yasmine says:

Hey,

I like shows with Annmarie. I liked the one she did all by herself in her friend’s kitchen (Kevin came while she was doing the show)…

I like seing Kev. and Annemarie looking at each other and smiling to each other… so I like all the shows when you did that (hope that helps… 🙂

I liked the show where you said what you took out of your diet.

Ok, I liked most of them… Oh yes, that one were you put Raid on a apple, washed it and said : would you it that now ? That was good !

Ok, I like you shows mostly very much.

Keep up your good work.

Yasmine

56. Veronika says:

I love the permaculture videos, foraging videos, and “in the kitchen” videos. But of course the “getting to the truth with scientific articles” videos especially important. I really can’t pick a favorite because your videos are always great!

It’s fabulous that you actually went to the lake and got this interview with the CEO – not many people would take the time to do that, and it’s super helpful to see the “face” of a company.

57. ROB says:

I love all the old Fitness Fridays. I would love to see more fitness oriented shows. But I love all the information you present. I have learned a lot and also been very entertained by you and Annmarie

58. Gwen Forbes says:

My favorite Renegade Health Show is the one with Danny Dreyer about injury free running and walking. I miss Fitness Fridays.

59. Estrella says:

I love the In the Kitchen segments. So inspiring! My favorite episode was a Fitness Friday episode where you were traveling in your car and needed to work out. So you pulled over in a park and showed some exercises we could do using a picnic bench and bodyweight. Also Anne Marie demonstrated doing exercises between the lines of a tennis court. The point was that you didn’t need a gym or special equipment to get your exercise and have fun.

60. Pamme says:

I don’t know about favorite, maybe most memorable… the one with the emf detector. I just showed it to my 7th grade students yesterday in class! I would like to see some fitness topics once in a while as well. I bought Vibrams after seeing you sport them at Raw Spirit in Santa Barbara. Use them for trail running through the hills here in Central CA… love ‘um.

61. dominika says:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE episode # 259: the creative outdoor bodyweight circuit (and a little bit of early morning urban foraging)

YAY for getting out & about ! thank you for inspiring awesome ness 🙂

Kevin I have so much gratitude for all the things you three share with us – a bazillion squishy hugs for you…