How Does Raw Food Work with Your Blood Type – The Renegade Health Show Episode #387

Wednesday Sep 2 | BY |

I’ve always wondered if the blood type diet worked with raw foods…

To me it always seemed just too categorical for our physical nature.

In this video, we caught Dr. Gabriel Cousens discussing blood type and raw food at the Raw and Living Spirit Retreat. What he says might surprise you… or it might not… you’re a sharp group. 🙂

Sorry for the first few seconds of shakiness… we didn’t know this question would come up and knew it is a hot topic!

Your question of the day: What is your favorite hot spring (or what is your experience with the blood type diet)?

Come to the Raw and Living Spirit Retreat next year! www.RawandLivingSpirit.org

1. Shelley says:

Any and all Hot Springs! We always say our truck/car just turns automatically whenever a Hot Springs sign shows up on the road!

2. Tara Burner says:

Any hot springs, sadly it’s been awhile 🙁
    hopefully will be there next year

3. David says:

I am blood type A; and read the Blood Type literature about 10 years ago. I used it as input to test what works and does not work with ~2 week experiments.

The concepts helped me go and stay about 98% vegan with no wheat/gluten; with dramatic health improvements. I also gave up tomatoes which is supposed to be irritating to a type A (due to a specific lectin). I have recently read that it might only be cooked tomatoes that are an issue; time for a another experiment to see about that …

Great to hear studies indicate I added 15 years in the process. More life in my days and more days in my life.
    Enjoy,
    D.

4. Henrik Petersson says:

Too bad about the audio quality, it’s really hard to hear what he’s saying. It can be improved with a little EQ though.

Also, it seems that you spend much less time making shows now. Don’t get me wrong, they are still very interesting, but you just don’t put the same amount of effort in them as you used to.
    I was wondering if you are just taking a break or if there’s something exciting happening soon? You were talking a while ago about making some special shows, I was thinking that it might have something to do with that.

5. Mary says:

I am type 0 positive…glad to hear I’ll live long. Am 64 right now and look feel much younger. My husband and I have been 85% Raw/Vegan for 7 yrs. and still enjoy an egg now & then. I allow my body to tell me what I need, occasionally it’s an egg, or piece of fish. And we do fine, most days eating Vegan/raw. Smoothies with some supplementation (Bee pollen, rice protein, etc.)for breakfast – and variety of foods lunch/dinner – lots of nut pates. Only visited one Hot Spring years ago, don’t remember the name (So.California. Sounds Great! Love you guys. Mary:)

6. Genevieve says:

I’ve only been to one hot spring and that was in Algeria in North Africa. It was an ancient Roman bath and so wonderful.

I could only understand about 15-20 percent of what the speaker was saying as it was rather mumbly. So interesting though.

Thank you.

7. Hethir says:

Can anyone translate what he said specifically about each blood types or the general message. I could not understand anything he said 🙂

8. Hethir says:

Oh yes hot springs 🙂 I love so many. The best I have been to are Strawberry Hot Springs in Steamboat, CO. and Harbin Hot Springs in CA. Sycamore (CA) is really great also, as you get your own redwood tub on the side of the mountain.

9. Shaky camera–no problem.
    Bad audio—sorry, you’ll have to tell us about this one.

10. Tandi says:

It seems silly to me that you have to have a medical procedure to tell you what to eat. There is no credible research that lectins are dangerous for one blood type and not for another. But regardless, it is silly to believe that you have to have a medical procedure to tell you how to eat. There is a diet natural to cows and they have numerous blood types, there is a diet to lions despite their many blood types. Your diet is not determined by some glycoproteins that make up your blood type. Some people may need slightly different balances of macronutrients but it has nothing to do with blood type and there are several credible studies refuting this silly idea.

11. Veronika says:

Yea, I really can’t understand what he’s saying. I had to stop listening because it was getting too frustrating.

Can you just give us a general summary?

12. Kaylani says:

If the one you’re at is in Oregon, that’s one of my favorites. Jordon Hot Springs in the Golden Trout Wilderness in CA. Sycamore Hot Springs in Avila Beach, CA. There is another one in Northern California on Native American land that is built in rocks overlooking the river that I really liked.

13. Samantha Hussey says:

Yes, I love the Hot/Mineral Springs near Lake Manitou, Saskatchewan, Canada. It is a little known world-class secret for travelers.

Interesting thoughts, I never attached myself to the ideas presented in the Blood Type Diet.

Good times away from the city – Ann-marie and Kevin enjoy!

14. Oja Caliente, New Mexico; really nice.
    Extremely hard to understand audio on this one, caught only Type A’s don’t live as long as the rest, and Type A’s need to be vegan.

15. Janet says:

I have had good luck on the blood type diet. I am O+. I eat some chicken/eggs (just 2-3 times a week), usually little starches, and lots and lots of fresh fruits and veggies. I tried being a pure vegetarian for 2 years and at that time being a vegetarian seemed to include lots of beans/seeds as a protein substitute and I crashed on this type of diet. I think this is not the correct way to go vegetarian because the nuts/beans/seeds are very estrogenic on the body and it causes many a vegetarian to have hormone imbalances ( and too many beans even in a meat eaters diet does the same thing if not balanced). Just look at the work of Dr. William Wong who is a specialist on this subject matter. I think one surely can be a vegetarian/vegan but that it should not be composed primarily of these “meat” substitutes and instead be composed of much more veggies and fruits. ALso it should not include vegetarian/vegan junk foods (chips, and sweets). I feel much better on the diet I am on versus what I felt like as a pure vegetarian. Sorry I know this might now sit well with some in the raw foods community but I have to do for myself what works for my health. I felt aweful before.

16. Patty says:

Hi Kevin- I sooo wanted to hear what Dr. Cousens was saying but it was not audible. Could you provide a summary. Thanks

17. Koa says:

Very difficult to understand. He kinda mumbles and speeds up sometimes.

18. zyxomma says:

My favorite hot spring was on native land in Arizona; don’t know the name. There was a great deal of pumice around it (because hot springs, like pumice, are volcanic in origin). I did try the blood type diet for a while. I missed my nightshades (tomatoes, ripe peppers, potatoes), and craved them, so I left it behind. Although Eat Right 4 Your Type recommends that type As should be vegan, it contradicted itself by telling us to add snails to our diets. Sorry, Dr. D, snails are not a vegetable! I think anyone who had success with the blood type diet did so because they were eating fewer foods, and therefore, fewer unhealthy foods. I got the real lowdown on agglutinating lectins from Conscious Eating by Dr. Cousens. Gabriel is far better informed, and I’d take his word over that of someone trying to scare me! Health and peace to all. (Btw, for those who had trouble with the audio, Gabriel basically said we should all be vegan for longevity, and that studies conducted on vegans and live foodists showed 80% of the participants were deficient in vitamin B12. For a vegan B12 source, go to Tree of Life’s website (www.treeoflife.nu); they sell a liquid supplement that makes me feel just great, and I eat vegan and live.) Health and peace to all. Thanks, Kevin and Annmarie.

19. Kathryn says:

I too had difficulty hearing most of what he said. Way back when the blood type diet was the “hot” thing I was able to guess my blood type by picking the one that most closely fit the diet I had designed around what I ate and felt good eating vs. what I had learned I could not eat. I had my blood tested and sure enough I’m a type B. Corn was the biggest influence on this and I have to admit I’ve been leary about trying buckwheat sprouted because of the effects it had on my blood sugar levels many years ago, but I’m soaking it as I type and I’ll giver it a go. Please please please summarize what he said, I’d really like to know. Thanks.

Oh never been to a hot springs but I’m a big fan of hot tubs so I’m sure they are great.

20. Marcelle Kardush says:

Hi Kevin,

It was very difficult for me to clearly hear Dr. Cousens as he was addressing the relationship between blood types and veganism. Beyond a few words here and there, I did not get even the general gist of his message, though I can guess at it.

Has anyone transcribed his answer to the question? Do you have the essence of his message, with research to back it up, somewhere on your site?

Please let me know via e-mail.

Blessings,
    Marcelle

21. Charlotte says:

never been but want to go for sure…
    very interesting but very hard to understand. Yes, it would be nice if you could summerize what he said. I’ve heard of the blood type diet and I know people that feel great on it. Btw, if I understood corectly, I find it hard to believe that people a really long time a ago were vegans, the fact that they ate a lot of food raw i can believe very well… I was under the impression however that they were HUNTER gathers.Or maybe he was talking about the common cousin that we share with primates from whom (the cousin that is) we descend from…idk. But, I wonder, is he not slighlty biased anyway because he is “the father of raw food?”
    BTW I agree with Henrik, it seems the shows have been mostly videos of stuff you filmed.. It not bad or anything and if you guys are taking a break that’s cool too:)

22. babsi says:

Mystic Hot Springs and Pah Tempe in Utah – great soaks!

23. Geraldine says:

Hi Hethir

yes sooo hard to hear and understand him,what a shame.
    But I did get this, hope it helps:

Type A if they eat meat, dairy and eggs live to age 61 and usually die of cancer or heart disease. If they go vegans, live 15 years longer.

Type 0 live the longest no matter what they eat. Average age 86

Type B: couldn’t understand a thing, which is a bummer coz I’m type B! Anyone out there know??

He seemed to make a really valid point at 4.10-4.16 starting with “the only statement you can make about blood type and diet is…”???

Other points I could hear were:

“In terms of longevity, meat is not needed”
    “Higher up the food chain more pesticides and herbicides are used so beef is really dangerous: meat, fish, chicken and dairy.”

24. Eric J Shadd says:

hey Kev, despite the audio problems, I was able to get the gist of it. Thanks for posting.

My favorite hot springs is in SW Colorado, might have been Telluride. It has been a number of years since I was there but it sure was fun for this east coast dude.

Best, E

25. Ed says:

I have been to hot springs in several states, but none equal the effect of wade fishing in the gulf of mexico in the summer. Near 90 degree water with the perfect match of minerals to our bloodstream make a shower and a nap the first order of business after ice on the fish. Not raw food in a sence, but somehow I am compelled to return for more than just the mineral bath. At this point I am in total awe of the live conference with Viktoras Kulvinskas,someone should tell this 70 year old to slow down enough for a 50 something to take notes.Thank you again is all I can say as I need to go to viktoras4u.com to catch up.

26. Bee Lady says:

If I heard correctly, Dr. Cousens stated that chimpanzees eat only fruits and vegetables. Actually, chimps eat a fair amount of insects. They even make tools to catch them. Remember the famous chimp study that showed chimps stripping bark from sticks and inserting these into ant colony holes? When they withdrew the sticks they had a ke-bob full of ants to eat. They have also been observed to groom each other and eat the insects they find on their bodies. They catch and eat other insects as well. So, chimps are not pure examples of veganism as I understand the definition.

27. Beth says:

I’ve never been to a Hot Spring, but they sound wonderful.

I also had a hard time hearing Dr. Cousens, but appreciate the summary.

Although I am transitioning to more live/raw foods, I find that listening to my body is most important. If I don’t feel well after eating it, that is a big sign from my body not to have it now.

Thanks for another great show.

28. Rosey Dow says:

What about type AB? I missed that altogether. Very interesting topic, Kevin.

29. Jenny says:

Geez, :((, the audio was so poor, I couldn’ get anything out of it.

30. Is the text archived for this? I cant seem to make out what he is saying and I am very interested in this. Thanks!

31. Kym Hutcheon says:

Yes, I also had problems with the audio, but I’m happy to finally see Dr. Cousens in action.

As I couldn’t hear so well, I’m not sure how relevant this is, but I just wanted to make the point that chimpanzees are probably more likely “opportunistic” eaters. Which makes a lot of sense from a survival point of view.

This includes actually hunting for meat: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/bigphotos/13423998.html.

32. Lee says:

I have been to one in Jamaica called milk baths. They had Roman baths. I got deathly ill after drinking the recommended water. I like one is California east of LA– I don’t remember the name. It had clay baths as well. There is one in Berkley Springs, WV which has roman baths and bath tubs in a large room with many tubs. Recently I went to one South of Venice in Florida. It was about 87 degrees in summer and stays that temperature. It is a big lake and seems dirty and full of algae but lots of Europeans like to go there. I think I enjoyed the one in CA the best.

33. Hethir says:

Thanks Geraldine 🙂

34. Carol says:

I love Glenwood Hot Springs in Glenwood Springs, CO. It is a huge pool located in a really cute, quaint town. Also, Pagosa Hot Springs in Pagosa Springs, CO is absolutely beautiful. If you’re coming to Colorado, let me know. I would love to have you talk to our Raw group.

35. Sir Woofy says:

Looking forward to finding what my blood type is and reading the transcript of Cousen’s
    lecture. In the 1970s I visited an incredible
    hot springs in Geyserville, near Santa Rosa,
    CA — but sadly when the elderly owner died
    PG&E bought his property to build more thermal
    electrical plants. I wish I knew if the
    wonderful Native American hot pools were
    allowed to stay. Wish there is a way for
    Kevin 🙂 to get PG&E to open it for public
    use again. There were maybe 10 pools (5×9 ?)
    into the side of a mountain, with a slow
    gushing geyser at the top of the 10. You
    would get in the lowest warm pool, get
    adjusted to it and move up to the next warmer
    pool just above it. We could only go to the
    5th pool before it was too hot too for me to
    stand. The Indians built them as healing pools — I felt wonderful for weeks afterwards.

36. Elicia says:

I still don’t know what to think of the blood type diet. My mom is a big follower of it and it’s done absolute wonders for her health. She had many allergy tests before and all came back with nothing but it was through the diet she discovered her allergies to corn, chicken and wheat. I think it makes sense, but in another sense there’s been studies that disprove it, so I have no idea. I wonder if it’s just because those are common allergens that my mom improved. When she sticks to the diet, she’s fine, but when she goes off-track, she breaks out in hives. However, she’s also still over weight even though she’s healthy. I think it’s because of her lack in raw foods, she eats almost everything cooked.

I’m an A thankfully, which is supportive of being vegan/raw. After so many years of having my mom influence me with the blood type diet, it’s hard to not to believe there’s something to it, lol. I’ll do my own experiementing. When I finally do become raw (still in transition), I’ll do a couple weeks of all “beneficial” fruits/veggies/nuts, followed by a couple weeks of all “avoid” foods, and see if it makes a difference.

37. Here in Israel, we have the Dead Sea for one. There is a wonderful beach, Mineral Beach which is a natural sulphur pool separate from the sea.
    It’s even warm enough to go into during winter. — Very healing. The sea itself is also very healing and is over 31 % salt. The Dead Sea area has become a major center for health research and treatment for several reasons. The mineral content of the water, the very low content of pollens and other allergens in the atmosphere, the reduced ultraviolet component of solar radiation, and the higher atmospheric pressure at this great depth each have specific health effects. For example, persons suffering reduced respiratory function from diseases such as cystic fibrosis seem to benefit from the increased atmospheric pressure.[11]

Sufferers of the skin disorder psoriasis also benefit from the ability to sunbathe for long periods in the area due to its position below sea level and subsequent result that many of the sun’s harmful UV rays are reduced.

38. Anna says:

I couldn’t hear him speak at all! very mumbled sound – i know this isn’t your fault guys but yeah could you please summerise this for us?

39. Michael T. says:

Interesting show, with a contradiction.

Gabriel recommends being vegan, and then says vegans need to take B12. Doesn’t it make more sense to eat a modest amount of animal products once in a while, so we won’t need the B12 supplement?

I agree with Bee Lady, in that primates are known to eat bugs. Early humans did too, and in some human cultures insects are eaten today.

Personally, I don’t eat bugs directly. I eat the eggs of chickens who ate the bugs. I know some people who eat bugs, they say the taste is fine. Depending on what happens with the global economy, we all might be eating bugs some day, if there is not enough food in the stores.

Gabriel says that meat has large amounts of pesticides. It would be more accurate to say that SOME meats are high in pesticides. There aren’t any pesticides in the eggs I eat, but then, not everyone has chickens in their yard. Solution: move to the country and keep some chickens. Give them bugs and compost and a little organic grain.

This is the problem with some vegans: they oversimplify the picture and say that ALL animal products are bad for you.

Please, people, make some distinctions here. Some animal products are terrible, but some are good for you. If you don’t want to eat animal products for spiritual or ethical reasons, I respect that. But please don’t go around saying that all animal products are harmful to our health. That simply is not true.

Michael T.

40. Michael T. says:

Interesting show, with a contradiction.

Michael T.
    Oops…forgot to say great post! Looking forward to your next one.

41. Sanjula says:

I also had difficulties to understand Gabriel.
    I tried it with headphones , that helped a bit but still didn’t catch all.
    The whole issue is very interesting for me as the Blood Type Diet was the first step I took, years ago!!!!, in direction of health supportive eating. Ate this way for years.
    Great Info (just wish I could have understood it all!!!)

42. Katie says:

I had a food intolerance test and it has worked wonders for me…I am type A blood and have arthritis, and the extremely reactive foods have been removed from my diet; including garlic, pineapple and many other grains etc and I feel amazing. So I absolutely am in line with what he is saying and my x-rays are also a testament!

43. Valerie says:

It was difficult to hear, but I don’t think he said anything about Type AB (which I am).

Favorite hot springs (besides those which I’ve taken solemn vows not to reveal): Saturnia, Italy (there’s a hot spring waterfall outside of the official spa) and Sol Duc in Olympic National Park in Washington (we went hiking to a place where we could still find snow patches in July, and a few hours later we were basking in the hot springs. These were pretty sulphur-y, but they made me feel the most Gumby-like post-soak).

44. Pamme says:

Kev & AM:
    DSid you see the news about cell phones linked to brain cancer:

45. linda b says:

appreciate your efforts to bring us this great lecture, but counldn’t understand more than a few words here and there. due to echo in the room??? sure wished it was clear, disappointed to not get the info, especially since a naturopath i paid lots of money to touts the blood type diet as his bible. please if possible post some sort of synopsis of the info gabriel spoke about on your site, would really appreciate it. thaks so much for all you do…..please never stop….we need u!

46. GoRawMe says:

Harbin Hot Springs (CA) … but have to admit it’s the only one I’ve been to (East Coast gal).

Would love to visit more!

I’ve never had any interest in the Blood Type diet … but appreciated hearing this low-down on it.

Thanks!

47. Joni says:

I tried and tried to adjust my speakers, etc. but still had a terribly difficult time understanding him because of the poor audio quality. Will there ever be a transcript of this we can download? I really wanted to take notes, but was not able to. I’m sure he had very relevant topics he addressed.

48. Rhonda D says:

Yes very hard to hear, I had stop also.
    Wish I could have heard it.
    Maybe next time.

49. Eric says:

That hot spring looks great. I remember going to one as a child that was converted into a large indoor swimming pool in South Dakota – it was quite enchanting despite the loss of its natural context.

I listened to this with headphones and was able to hear it – glad you posted it despite the boomy space, I love to hear Cousens talk – is there more?

The shows have been great lately – I enjoy all the interesting people you are putting on. Keep up the good work.

50. livinglearning says:

Unfortunately, as others have stated, the audio quality makes listening to this clip an exercise in frustration. 🙁

Makes little sense to lump all animal products into the “harmful” category SOLELY because of the deleterious effect pesticides/hormones have when consumed via animals NOT humanely and ecologically-safely raised. THAT was the ONLY reason against such that I heard Dr. C state.(From an ethical standpoint I TOTALLY agree that mainstream animal product production should be shut down.) But what argument does Dr. Cousens pose against consuming animal products (in moderation) without this adulteration—for Blood Types OTHER than “A” anyway?

I honestly don’t know what to think about the Blood Type Diet approach to supporting personal individuality re diet, but I find it beyond coincidence that what is prescribed for Blood Type As fits with the statistics Dr. C quoted about it being the “ideal” way for them to eat and experience the highest level of wellness. Funny that the benefit would stop for just the one blood type.

Fortunately I am Blood Type B and do very well with a mostly ALL plant diet. Eliminating corn, peanuts, and yes . . . chicken (per the Blood Type Diet) has allowed me to improve symptomotology tremendously and yes, I had to experiment by reintroducing them just to make sure!

🙂

51. Hazel says:

Have enjoyed most of the information you have kindly supplied to us. However, I watched Dr. Cousens last night and although I couldn’t hear it very clearly, I managed to hear some of it. I was alarmed to hear him say that A blood types only really live until 60 unless they are vegan – nearing that age, I feel it was a very irresponsible thing to say and it has really frightened me. I have always really enjoyed my food and have had no real eating problems – I felt so upset that he delivered his speech in the way that he did – it’s one thing to help with nutritional information, but to just blurt out that A blood types don’t really live very long unless they are REALLY STRICT in their diet has had quite a negative effect on me.

52. PE says:

Michael’s right about not being doctrinaire. The %s I’ve seen for paleolithic humans and animal foods go from about 30-80%, with the more reliable-looking near 40. And we just don’t know how much was raw, but fire is a shade under 2 million years old, dated so far. There are ideas that larger brains evolved with more meat; maybe, or maybe with food less abundannt, or….
    Before that, primates seem to have been MOSTLY vegetarian, with both insects (as Michael said) and termites (relatives of cockroaches) and their eggs and grubs as treats. Bon appetit!
    Cousens has good MD credentials, from Columbia, unlike Peter d’Adamo’s ND, for what that’s worth. More important, the lectin story (now no longer the center of EatRite4Whateva) doesn’t show differences in ABO, except maybe lima beans or fava.
    Maybe the raw patron saint should be Jimmy Durante, who said, “I eats rawr eggs…I eats rawr eggs, an’ I trows out me chest like dis, an’ I’m dynamite! Dynamite!” Take that, Popeye!

53. Pat says:

I listened to this 3 times: Once from my PC at work; was hard to hear through the echo, 2nd time same PC with headphones; still problematic; this morning through my modest laptop…much better! My sister eats everything in moderation, and she’s 66, slim and healthy and type A. My dad died at 77 from multiple myoloma. I’m having troubles, since I gained 44 unhealthy lbs. It’s hard to get back on the raw wagon w/o support!

54. Pat says:

Glad to see there are folks here about my age! Yea…

55. Brenon says:

I think the blood-type diet helps some people, but for raw vegans like me I don’t think it applies. I was so confused at first with conflicting advice, but I have long since just listened to my body. Sometimes people get bodily instinct and addictions confused. But once addictions are overcome, instinct seems to work extremely well, just like it does with animals.

56. Rafael Morales Jr says:

Hello Kevin and Annmarie
    This is a very important subject, can we have a better cut with a better sound. Audio was not so good and I was not able to hear everthing. over all the show was great.
    enjoy those hot springs
    Rafael

57. Ineke says:

Yes, I agree with one of your readers: Favorite hotsprings so far: Saturnia in Italy (After 2 years my daugther of 7 still talks about it. It was here where she put for the first time her face in the water, something we tried her to do for quite a while but we gave up on it until….Saturnia. Another fantastic hot spring in Italy is Terme di Rapolano. (Tuscany) Beautiful and romantic at night. You smell and walk on the sulfur and you can rub it all over you. This summer we visited Mount Princeton hotsprings but my husband and I both agreed that it wasn’t even close to the Italian ones.

We have heard a lot about Pagosa Springs and we will make sure to visit it as well

58. Hi Kevin,
    I put your video on our First Francophone Raw vegan social Network (http://cccru.free.fr), do you agree yo exchange our links?
    Cedricia

59. Katherine says:

There are some great sulphur hot springs in Sun Valley…what a gorgeous area.

As for blood type, Im O and I do get anemic if I dont eat a lot of iron rich foods. Cutting out wheat and dairy really help my belly feel better and taking iodine helps my energy levels. I struggle between meat and no meat, as meat does seem to really agree with me physically, but not spiritually. Moderation and supplementation are key. And I cant do sugar at all…so that part is right for me.

60. Peter says:

You do us and Dr. Cousins a disservice when presenting a show of such unintelligible audio quality!

Shame on you.

61. Carachi says:

Very interesting topic. But what did he say?
    I would be so appreciated if you could give a quick summary with the highlights!

You do GREAT service – please bear with us impatient ad demanding readers! 🙂

62. Barbara says:

Sound no problem if you turn down the volume … great information so I don’t care about the quality.

63. I couldn’t understand the audio either. I gave up after a couple minutes, sorry.

I am O+ and eat 90+% Raw Vegan (100% Vegan). I hope I live long and healthy. 🙂

I have only been to one hot springs: Chena Hot Springs near Fairbanks, Alaska. Nothing like going into 100+ degree water when the outside temp is below zero and your hair is frozen. 🙂

64. Courtney says:

Carson Hot Springs!!! in Washington State (45 min. from Portland)

65. Suzen says:

Regarding the Blood type diet it might be helpful to understand that the findings and results are for the long range planning, maybe 15 – 20 years out. Meaning that repeated assaults to the digestive system add up over time.

Also the theory is that the blood types developed over man’s history starting with O as hunter; B as nomad; A as cultivator; and AB the enigma. Therefore depending on the food source available for consumption during that time dictated digestive enzymes and assimilation abilities of the body.

So, theory is if O’s do not eat meat, over the 20 year span they are actually starving their body of certain nutrients they need; whereas A’s who, say, eat meat are loading their body up with elements they cannot properly digest and then store as fat=acid in the body…extrapolated over 20 years = results.

I take it all in stride and weigh everything in balance. I am B and found that I am sensitive to many of the things I am advised against and do better on the recommended items…and I’m a total nomad! So, when I am making my choices I tend to lean towards the diet, but if it is an issue either for availability, or someone has prepared food for me as their guest…I’ll usually go against the diet. Within a day or so, I can always tell if my choice was good or bad.

Also the diet has evolved into more of a genome type of focus.

66. 108Karen says:

My favorite hot springs is Tassajara Hot Springs near the central California coast in the foothills east of Monterey.

67. Ruth Shivani says:

owh found it, thankyou – Gabriele put out a brill vaccine action letter, he is the only one really addressing this issue. no one seems to be giving it address. Can you and or people you interview address this, as there is so much mixed info out there, and I am moving tween feeling strong and empowered and then feeling owh my goddess, what will happen if this went mandatory for us – please address this?

68. Eric says:

I’m sorry, but this man has not presented one true bit of information about the Blood Type Diet, and quite frankly has no idea what he’s talking about. I have been studying Dr D’Adamo’s work for over three years, following my Type O diet ever since with tremendous success. There are THOUSANDS of medical articles about lectins, and how blood type is strongly correlated with disease and human physiology. The Blood Type Diet is not based on this man’s two “facts”, it is based on years of medical research that shows Type O’s get more ulcers than any other blood type, and Type A’s get more heart disease and cancer than any other blood type. Lectins are not antigens, they are proteins that wreak havoc in the body in several ways- one being the destruction of intestinal microvilli, and another being that they cause red blood cells to glue together. Dr D’Adamo does not say O’s should eat meat because that’s what their ancestors ate. He says O’s should eat meat because in his medical clinic, that’s what O’s heal on. Type O produces higher levels of HCL, has faster response time to gastrin, and makes a great deal larger amount of Intestinal Alkaline Phosphatase than any other blood type, which breaks down cholesterol from meat. Please, people- do some real research and stop listening to slandering, passionate hippies who use confidence in place of logic to convince people to believe in their emotions.

69. Dana says:

I agree with many, I could not understand the audio, sounded like the sounds of the announcements in the bus station! Hope you can fill us in on the information given.
    Thanks. Dana

70. Carol Lani Johnson says:

I am a blood type O & have respect for what Dr. Cousins is doing AND awareness of the Blood Type Diet. I do not want to eat meat , but sometimes have free-range chicken or wild salmon on salad out. Sometimes I love a poached egg on French Meadows spelt or kamut bread (leavened with sour-dough, not yeast) occasionally, esp in winter. Many in my family have lived till late nineties. I don’t know their blood types, but they ate fruits,whole grain bread, cooked & raw veggies, & meat, chicken, etc. I am 58 & have robust health. Mostly raw diet helps me stay the weight I am happy at, & reminds me how divine the natural offerings of Mother Earth are, right from the tree, garden, etc. It is important to keep perspective & remember that joy & appreciation are the most important requirements for healthy eating, whatever we choose. Choosing food we love from what we believe is most nourishing…eating as all of who we have become.

71. Martha McCarble says:

Fairmount Hot Springs, Canada; Hot Springs, AR; Steamboat Springs, CO; Glenwood Springs, CO; and, Strawberry Hot Springs, Steamboat Springs, Colorada is the one worth mentioning due to the setting in the mountains with hot and cold to do hot and cold therapy. If I could, I would live in Steamboat for the Strawberry Springs natural setting for watching a sunrise or a sunset! A family gathering will occur at this setting in October ’09!
    Audio was poor; information was interesting!

72. Cindy says:

Audio quality, can’t understand a word 🙁

73. christine says:

I go to Breitenbush all the time! hope you guys enjoyed it!! i also like Harbin, but my favorite rustic spring is Olympic hot springs (near sol duc but not the same thing) its a mile hike and then some, but its amazing. in olympic national park, WA.

i am REALLY confused about the vegan vs non vegan thing. i get it – i’m reading the China Study now and it makes sense. still, i am a type A but i enjoy raw fish or an egg now and again. more and more the egg is not as important but sometimes i just crave a few pieces of wild salmon sushi. i would love to hear Daniel Vitalis and Gabriel Cousens chat it up. i know Vitalis isnt a Dr but super educated. what is his response to the vegan argument??? anyone know?

74. CINDY says:

this might have been intersting but was very hard to hear

75. Victoria says:

Well, that was interesting … NOT! Sorry, I have no idea what he said.

I read the book about 12 years ago. I adhered to the diet for my blood type (A – “The First Vegetarian) for six months and the results were amazing. Allergies and sinus problems – gone! Asthma improved greatly. Energy level increased.

Then my Naturopathic Doctor put me on a raw food diet and when I asked him what he thought about the “Blood Type” diet, he said if you’re eating raw, you don’t have to worry about it. So, I started incorporating everything back into my raw diet again. I must say though, that when I eat foods that are on the “avoid” list, it does cause a sinus drip and I start coughing. Forget about cooked foods. They really mess me up. Cooked food sucks (for me).

So, there must be something to this diet. I do tend to lean more towards the “highly beneficial” foods, but I’m not following it strictly like I did originally.

76. Joy says:

OK the vegetarian debate:
    1. Our primate relatives do eat meat, they go hunting between 3 to 10 times per month.
    2. the Mediterranean food pyramid recommends the consumption of red meat at least once a month.
    3. I believe Its not so much about what kinds of foods you eat, (ie wheat, meat, veg.)but more about the quality of food that you eat, such as: organic, growing in nutrient rich soils, freshness, eating in season and minimal processing (like processing food with an auger instead of a high speed food processor).

77. I’ve been 98% raw for almost 11 months. I am recovering from CF. I just started looking into blood type diet. I am AB. All the weaknesses related to AB, I have- weak immune system, weak stomach, heart problems in family. So I think there is validity in blood type diet. But I think saying some people tolerate animal products, is like saying some people tolerate booze and cigarettes because they lived to 90. I don’t eat meat, but I eat popcorn almost daily and corn is something I am not supposed to have. I will experiment dropping oranges, peppers, popcorn. But I have issues with some of the other things I’m not supposed to eat- avocados, filberts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds. I don’t know how to keep variety in my diet. Any ideas?