How to Balance Your Hormones Naturally – The Renegade Health Show Episode #382

Wednesday Aug 26 | BY |

More from Ft. Bragg…

Today, Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo chats with me about how women can balance their hormones naturally. She’s energetic and active and has overcome her own health issues using natural health, raw foods and exercise.

She also explains how you can go through menopause easily and more.

Your question of the day: What makes you happy?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Please check out our upcoming Ageless Woman’s Health Telecourse with Dr. Ritamarie here… www.RenegadeHealth.com/womanshealth

1. Page says:

What makes me happy?
    Being around people who have positive, loving energy.
    A peach, spinach, hemp seed smoothie.
    My cat rubbing against my legs.
    The sound of the cicadas outside my window.
    Meditating.
    And the good morning kiss my sweetie gives me every morning!
    (These a just a very few of the myriad things that fill me with joy.)

2. Eric J Shadd says:

Hey Kev & Annmarie,

Great show today and a very relevant topic.

What makes me happy? There is nothing outside of me that can make me happy. Thinking someone or something can make us happy is an illusion.

True happiness for me comes when I live moment by moment realizing that I am whole and complete just as I am. This awareness of completeness comes not from perfectionism but simply shifting ones awareness from the constant stream of thinking to the stillness that permeates everything. This is the now moment, the flow, the present that has been spoken of and it is right there all the time for us to tap into.

We can tap into anytime by noticing the the GAP between or thoughts or the stillness from which are thoughts emerge.

Mastery is going to this place as needed and then choosing to come back and live fully as a human – to embrace lifes goals and struggles with conscious awareness.

That is true happiness for me.

Peace, Eric

3. Hi Kevin,
    I want to be on your show! I am a Certified Vision Board Consultant and would love to share with you and the rest of the world how Vision Boards give you access to your creativity while it also grows your brain.

I have lots of background material and photos which I use for my one-on-one sessions and group workshops.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Judith

Judith Fine-Sarchielli, Certified Vision Board Counselor
    Editor and ASR Communications Educator
    310-482-9901
    sarchjudith@gmail.com, http://www.visionboardart.vpweb.com
    Sarchiellieditingservices.vpweb.com
    “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the
    beat of the universe, to match your nature with
    Nature .”- Joseph Campbell

4. Karla says:

My happy tought is about a neighbors dog, it is a puppy, but in one ocasion he aproached me with such a mix of humility and an “i know u need a hug Karla”, and wagging his tail and his baby puppy smell, that image and the sensation have stayed with me for about a year, and i use that image every time a negative tought is trying to creep into my mind. Thanks for the chance of sharing my mind with you. Thank you very much Kevin and dr. Rita Marie (i love that name). I am strugling with hormone imbalances and i know i will fix it. I even got me a trampolin!!!!
    Hugs
    Karla Ledford

5. Karla says:

Sorry, is Ann Marie, i love that one too!!!

6. Tara Burner says:

Excellent interview w/Dr Ritamarie
    and hmmm what happy thoughts am I thinking right now…
    I’m happy that even my daughter eats raw (though my daughter doesnt) but least the dogs do lol http://twitpic.com/fdw8r
    happy thoughts because I’m back in school and simply LIFE…life is good (least I like to think of it that way) and would prefer being happy over any other emotion 🙂

7. Kelly says:

The Lord! He is soooo good and I have a wonderful church that I am involved in. It truly is the happiest hour of my week.
    I also feel content puttering around in my kitchen with the whirl of my Vita-mix and the humm of my dehydrator. =)

8. Debbie Gordon says:

waking up in the morning……smiling, laughing, my bicycle, green smoothies, family, friends, bananas,going to the rawspirit festival,my new vibram five finger shoes and raw halvah 🙂

9. Leen Jamal says:

What really makes me happy is that I just moved to a beautiful city for College and my favorite class is tomorrow Physiology and Biophysics. It also makes me happy that I’m going to dedicate my life to researching cell physiology on a raw food diet. 🙂 It also makes me happy that I got up early this morning and went on a nice run in the country and did some yoga. Life and the opportunities I have make me happy!!! I hope I can help many people in the future. 🙂

10. Bee Lady says:

The hum of 300,000 honey bees happily going about their lives in an organic hive.
    Also, not understanding what the problems are with menopause because, by eating raw for 9 years, I’ve not experienced any downsides. It is for real ladies, or I am just fortunate at age 49 years young.

11. Jes says:

What happy thoughts am I thinking? I get to come more fully into my power when I go through menopause and I bet Dr. Ritamarie gets hit on all the time!

12. Lyn says:

Tap dancing makes me happy secondly dancing of any form makes me smile from ear to ear. I eat, sleep and live to dance and do not see myself ever not dancing.

13. Courtney says:

-Running barefoot through our pesticide-free, home grown, dandelion weed-infested grass with my two beautiful boys and loving that grounding feeling.
    -picking those same weeds with my boys and eating them in a salad minutes later.
    -Discovery, Excitement, laughter.
    -saoking up Vitamin D, naturally.
    -fresh pineapple
    -deep breaths at night while drinking my organic tea.

-Courtney

14. Anthony Michael says:

what makes me happy? I’m glad I was born a guy so I never had to have periods and menopause.

15. SEED says:

This would have been a great interview for Annmarie to have done!! Sunshine, kindergartners, and spring water are making me happy–this week anyway.

16. Geri says:

going to church every day makes me happy! I love it! It is such a peace that I have never felt! Prayer makes me happy, truly happy! Because I know that no matter what is happening in the world, God is in charge!!!

17. MERCY JACOB says:

Question: I am overweight and want to lose at least 20 pounds. If I take fruits in my smoothies, will that prevent me from losing weight? I appreciate your response. Thank you. Mercy

18. debra says:

Dear Bee Lady,
    Don’t worry. There’s still time for menopause and it is coming. Be prepared. Take heart, my experience of menopause, as a vegan and yoginni of over 30 years, seems to be milder than what my friends have experienced. Knock on Wood.
    debra

19. LuAnn Agustin says:

What makes me extremely happy is my body’s reaction to menopause. It is effortless, painless, stressless. No more PMS, hot flashes or hormonal imbalances since I went raw and lost the 85 lbs. that was making my life a living (dying?) hell and also unpleasant for everyone around me. Hallelujah! Life is good 🙂

20. My animals make me happy! Playing with the dogs at the beach, looking into their eyes and feeling the mischief and love, stroking the cats and feeling their purrs rumble through me.

Doing what I love to do makes me happy — I’m an animal communicator, and I LOVE IT!

Having a Meal Epiphany, when I realize just how gorgeous my food is and fall in love with my meal!

Deliberately focusing on what makes me happy… makes me happy! 🙂

blessings,
    Harmony

21. zyxomma says:

Love, health, and peace all increase my happiness. I went through trauma-induced menopause when I was in an accident. However, for me, menopause has been entirely symptom free. The only symptom is no more periods. I mean it, no weight gain, no brain fog, no hot flashes, no low energy. I credit my live vegan diet, daily exercise, and high intake of sea vegetables (for minerals), and maca in my smoothies a few times a week. Health and peace to all.

22. Marissa says:

I am happy that you gave me an idea for a coffee substitute! I cannot take the way caffeine affects my body so I avoid it at all costs, but I have been in need of something extra for super long bike rides or for days I need to work out when I’ve not slept the best. 🙂 Another idea is to substitute Yerba Mate tea, since it also doesn’t work like other highly caffeinated products do on the adrenals. I am happy for the air, for the sun, the rain and the soil, for they keep me healthy and provide life to us all 🙂

23. Kym Hutcheon says:

Well, at present, I’m really loving the great increase in energy and mental clarity I’ve been feeling since I really started paying attention to my diet. There were a lot of flat years before that.

I just did a little checking on the liquorice tea Dr. Ritamarie mentioned. Looks excellent for women but for males it seems to have opposite effects, including reduced sex drive, etc. JFYI.

24. Frances says:

What makes me happy

Sunshine and warmth
    blueberries with banana
    lazy days hiking in the woods or swimming in the ocean
    meditating
    cuddling with my kitty
    riding my horse
    being with friends
    writing
    performing
    dancing all night
    being touched and held
    loving words from the heart

25. Catherine says:

Funny you should ask this question. As I drove in my car this morning, I was reflecting on a wonderful day I had last year with a dear friend. The two of us drove from San Francisco down to Santa Cruz and stopped at an amazing lighthouse on the way. Thinking about that day made me happy. Then I had the thought -what if we took time to reflect on special days in our life. Remembering good things brings good feelings. Also, it reminds us to keep creating special days every day of our life! I am doing this more and more and feel so much better. My days of depression are long gone.

Also, thank you Ritamarie for reminding everyone that eating well by itself is not enough. Dr. Candice Pert said it in a similar way. We need to eat well, move well, and think well. This is how I approach life now and it is amazing.

26. Jasmine says:

QUESTION:

Ritamarie said to avoid coffee/caffeine bc it taxes the adrenals. My question is should I be avoiding green tea and yerba mate? I drink at least a cup of that almost daily.

thanks!

Great interview even though I’m only 24 years old. I look forward to her teleseminar on women’s health issues.

27. Carrie says:

I am excited to hear there is a natural way I can feel better going through menopause.

28. Jennifer says:

Honestly, You and AnnMarie make me happy along with teach me more of what I want to know.

🙂

29. Joel says:

If I knew what made me happy I would be happy all the time. I think there are times to be happy and times to be sad, it is necessary to be human. If I were happy all the time I would never strive or go any were in life. The questions shall remain undiscovered so that we can all grow to be the people who we are today and will be in the future, knowing that makes me happy. …and heroin.

30. Angela says:

I’m happy that God takes care of my family. He answers my prayers. My husband has been haveing a rough, depressing time finding a job, so now I am starting to worry. Which means I am praying about it, and I have faith that he takes care of us. When we have ran out of money, right when we needed it, we recieved enough money to get us through until my next paycheck. Its happened like that the last couple of months. I should have been praying about him finding a job all along, but this has been a reminder to practice humility, live simply, and not take for granted what blessings or gifts we have in life. God answered my prayer for him to find the right job. Thats my happy thought.

31. Veronika says:

Thank you soooo much for this video! This was the perfect video to send to my mother so she can start living a healthier lifestyle.

Playing music and staying true to my path makes me happy!

32. Rene Oswald says:

It makes me happy that so many people are now interested in their health. When I worked in the medical world I was surrounded by people who wanted drugs and “quick fixes” to their problems. I am happy for the awareness I have experienced along with so many others and that there are so many wonderful people teaching the truth about health and people are listening, learning and spreading the word to others! The world is changing!!

33. Pauline says:

I too have had an effortless menopause for all the reasons mentioned- hurrah! This time of life is great!

What makes me happy? Being outside in the fresh air, growing my own fruit and veg, learning about wild foods, brilliant friends and family, designing gardens that others love and cherish and thus reconnect with nature. For most recent exploits check out http:/conversationswithgill.wordpress.com

But mostly you know it is realising that when someone says are you still working – my heartfelt response is – I fill my time playing! I may play hard and it can be challenging but in essence I view it as playing!

34. Dear Kevin and Annmarie –

Every morning I sit down with a cup of green jasmine tea laced with honey and check my emails and watch your daily videos. These always make me happy because of your enthusiastic and truly caring approach. Other things that make me happy:

– doing the Sweet Peas Podcast with my daughter (chronicling our raw food journey)
    – cuddling with my poodle, Edgrrr
    – believing in abundance in the face of supposed negativity
    – feeling like I’m really using my body for the first time in years – for breath, for movement, etc.
    – feeding people my raw vegan food and seeing their skeptical faces change to utter amazement and bliss.

…to name a few.

Lisa Marie Lindenschmidt
    Rite Food and Company

35. Muriel says:

What makes me happy is being aware of the present moment, living the here and now. It is the only place where we are in unity with the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
    Holding on to the past or living with the hope of a better future ahead is missing out on the present moment.
    Prayer and meditation keeps me grounded and always in touch with the small voice of the Holy Spirit. Much love,

36. Sarah Hauch says:

All I need to do is go our into nature. There are so many inspirations for beautiful thoughts in the woods, the park, or down by the river.

One thought however. When discussing women’s health and a raw food diet you should probably discuss copper toxicity and estrogen imbalances. Because a raw food diet is so high in copper (avocados, cacao, nuts and seeds) and tends to be low in zinc you get copper toxicity and a zinc deficiency. This can cause a whack of problems including brain disfunction, muscle weakness, general chronic fatigue, and estrogen imbalances. For younger women it can mean overian cysts, uterine problems, and menstration problems. I used to be a raw vegan but have no began eating raw meat/dairy (albeit very carefully).

Something to think about.

Peace, love, and light,
    Sarah xoxo

37. What I feel really happy about in this moment is the idea that I can travel through menopause (I’m 41) with ease and joy. Just like my experience giving birth (pain-free, blissfully), I can have an experience unlike the expected Western model.

Thanks, Annmarie and Kevin!

38. Bonnie says:

Hmmmm, what makes me happy….. I live in a rural country area so when I’m taking my daily walk I enjoy breathing in the fresh air and depending on which direction I walk from my house, I enjoy the fields of soybeans, corn, and alfalfa, the smell of the fresh cut hay. The other direction from my house I enjoy the cows and sheep on the hillside. I hear and see the birds and on occasion I see a deer. I love the quietness. Yep, that makes me happy.

39. CINDY says:

I DID HAVE TROUBLE GETTING IN YOUR SIGHT. VERY INTERESTING TOPIC WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE BOOK– WHAT YOUR DOCTOR MAY NOT TELL YOU ABOUT MENOPAUSE BY JOHN R LEE, M.D. WITH VIRGINIA HOPKINS BOOK?

40. Liliane says:

Watching the Renegade health show
    Taking a walk in nature
    Spending time with my grand kids
    Cuddling with my cat Puppy
    Eating yummy raw food
    Feeling good
    Dancing
    Listening to great music

41. MARY THOMAS says:

WHAT HAPPY THOUGHTS AM I THINKING? YOU TWO ANGELS SMILING ON MY SCREEN! BLESS YOU!

42. Dave says:

What makes me happy? … Consciously choosing to be so. Happiness comes from within.

Hi Kevin, Annmarie,

If you’re answering questions any time soon, would you be willing to talk about how you found the information with regards to where you found all the festivals and events to go to? I’ve Googled around a bit and can’t find any comprehensive site that outlines what’s available – when. So many events are ‘out of town’ thus they involve a little bit of planning in order to get there. Do you know of a great source? A good source? Or, are you willing to share how you planned your schedule?

Many thanks for your time. Wishing you well,
    Dave

43. Beth says:

My happy thoughts right now:
    Family, friends, my cats, the sunshine, being healthy, living in a free country (Canada), and the lovely weather during my vacation from work. ahhh 🙂

44. Sharon says:

What makes me happy? Days with no chemtrails, sunshine, ocean, nature, my dog, fresh food, being around happy & smart people (Thursday chat!), being healthy and drug-free.

45. Louise says:

My grandchildren make me happy. One is painting a box on the dining room table as I write.
    Please be sure your speaker has as much microphone as you, Kevin. You are always so much louder, I sometimes jump when you speak because I have adjusted the volume to your guest, or your wife.

46. Elaine says:

I am happy when I choose to let go of my selfish tendencies and do something for someone else!

47. wendy green says:

HAPPINESS IS:
    living in paradise,
    playing in waterfalls,
    eating fresh picked fruit,
    yoga every morning,
    growing my own food,
    being completely stress free,
    breathing really fresh air,
    drinking really pure water,
    living debt free,
    my amazing pets,
    my super loving, talented, sexy boyfriend garth!!
    😀

48. Didiydi says:

Sharon, days with no chemtrails for me too!
    It also makes me happy to see so many people are waking up and taking charge of their health and their lives.
    I have recently found out that the main cause of my candida/CFS/health problems is mercury from my amalgam fillings, and even though it is not going to be easy to deal with it I have decided to go through all that positively and already feel grateful and happy that I am finally healthy and healed

49. Laura Fox says:

You and Annamarie make me happy for one thing! Just thinking about you two traveling around in the Kale Whale puts a grin on my face. Also, the continually unfolding realization of how LOVED and CARED FOR I am by the Universe makes me very happy. Children make me happy, and so do animals. I love dogs and cats. Really, the simple things… watching people take their growth or understanding to the next level, helping themselves… that makes me happy. Blessings! Laura

50. GoRawMe says:

A couple of comments …

Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo was awesome … I loved how she pinpointed the adrenals and the liver … thanks!

Kevin, think again … you ARE interested in this issue. Trust me, if you are in relationship with a woman as she is dealing with hormonal imbalances … you get interested pretty darn quick.

What makes me happy? Nothing. Nothing can MAKE me happy. I am either happy or unhappy.

RawCheers!

51. JesseP says:

Feeling Irie……..Dance,Dance,Dance,
    To the rythym of your heart!
    Feel the beat, move your feet!
    And Hallelujah! Thanksagiving is Everyday!

52. JesseP says:

My Children are my joy
    we must educate the youth
    we must teach them right from wrong
    good food from bad food
    good words from bad words
    we must teach the youth to create
    good, positive thoughts and actions
    we must teach the youth truth
    Children are joy

53. caron says:

Go RawMethe question was what happy thoughts are you thinking right now …..not what makes me happy

for me I am thinking ….I love life …life is great….skipped right over menopause…..I guess it was because I was healthy and happy …didn’t even think about it….I’m 67 so I would guess that I missed it

54. sherry says:

Mediation makes me happy.

Going raw has also.

Also… I use 1T of maca per smoothie.

55. chantal says:

what makes me happy at the moment is when I come home and my dog greats me, also having helped someone in my day at work with their health issues as I work as a health care consultant in a health food store in Vancouver B.C and reading your e-mails getting all this cool information confirming that I am on the right track helping people.

56. Mike says:

Increase sex drive!? Roll eyes. Don’t go down the dark side, Kevin. I cannot image women clamoring to know how to increase their sex drive – a man may want his woman to have a higher drive, sure, but cannot imagine a woman wanting this on her on accord.

57. GoRawMe says:

More wonderful stuff from Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo … wonderful!

The happy thought I am having today is that I know what I want … and don’t have to leave it up to the imaginings of anyone else. And the super happy thought I am having is …

3 cheers for increased sex drive!

58. Bonnie says:

Bike riding

59. alice says:

everything!

60. Jasmine says:

I came here to seek out the womans health program that you did with Dr. Ritamarie.. Can you tell me where to find it.. I saw the one video, but am wanting to access the 3 day program.. is it available?