How Do I Get More Vegetables In My Diet… Try This – The Rengade Health Show Episode #367

Wednesday Aug 5 | BY |

Annmarie is up in Vancouver, BC for a retreat and I realized I wasn’t getting enough vegetables in my diet the last couple of days…

So I pulled out our Smoothie Book and looked in the Green Smoothies section and found a perfect one for this bachelor (who isn’t much of a chef). 🙂

This can be a soup or a smoothie, but regardless it tastes great and has a ton of fresh, organic vegetables in it!

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

To get 165+ raw smoothie recipes, please visit www.UltimateSmoothieRecipes.com

Abundant Vegetable Smoothie

2 roma tomatoes
1 small carrot
1 small zucchini
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon onion
2 stalks celery
1 red bell pepper
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
2 cups water

Blend all ingredients together until creamy.

Contributed by: Brenda Cobb (www.LivingFoodsInstitute.com)

1. Ronald says:

Havn’t had one for some 30 plus years.

2. Henrik Petersson says:

You are if possible even more retarded than David Wolfe in the kitchen. At least he throws in the stuff with some finesse 😉

When my girlfriend is away I usually compose and record music since I find that I need to be alone to do that well.
    Also, I make a lot of food that I love but she doesn’t like.

3. Susan Bessette says:

Kevin, you are missing out. Serve that soup in your best soup dish, followed by a nice dinner of raw delicacies. Just because your spouse isn’t there, it doesn’t mean you can’t eat in style.
    When my spouse is gone sailing, I get to eat 100% raw. I set it all out, with my glass of wine (sorry, but good for me).
    smoothie soup
    marinera sauce with zucchini pasta
    vegetable inspiration of the day
    dessert
    Classical music.
    Do this up right!

4. Abby says:

It is nice sometimes when my spouse is away because the space gives me time to have a different perspective. Having a different perspective helps you be a better more creative individual. Sometimes when my spouse is away I am just plain lonely for him and miss him terribly.

5. Doug Harrity says:

What a guy in the kitchen.I really got a kick out of it. Good Job Kevin you ate well

6. Abby says:

Oh! Bye the way. I like the fact
    that you just threw the soup
    together in about 15 seconds
    this is a true quick raw food recipe.

7. Rhonda says:

Too funny Kevin. I guess I did not realize that bachelor’s really do go for the quick and easy eats. At least you know how to use the Vitamix! Always a good idea to wash the veggies to get any germs and or soil residue’s off of them. Otherwise, you did make a healthy smoothie that will nourish you. Don’t forget to care for that adorable buddy of yours Johnnyfive.

Take care, Rhonda

8. Vicki says:

haha thanks for the update.
    Just an FYI Vancouver is in mainland BC, Victoria is on Vancouver Island (not Victoria Island) which is still a part of BC, a little geography for you 🙂 And it is beautiful, you should come up sometime!
    Love your videos and everything you and Annemarie do, thank you so much!
    V

9. Suebee says:

ha, so funny how u just threw whole veggies in there without cutting anything. I usually dont like when Annmarie isnt there, but this was totally amusing….thanks, I needed that tonight!

Right about now I wish my significant other were away, sorry– caught us on not such a great night!

10. Bonnie says:

Looks like a great drink and so simple to make! Love your shows! You guys are great!

11. Dorothy Silva says:

So funny. One of my favorite episodes. Look how easy it is to be raw.
    So glad Annemarie gets to have some fun.

12. Deborah says:

Hi Kevin,

When I had an organic market & raw food kitchen 10 years ago, we had a “Veggie Blast” on the menu. I originally called it a V8, then thought I may be infringing on a trademark. We served it with a spoon.

It has a chopped tomato, a chopped celery stalk, a grated carrot, 1/2 grated beet, handful of spinach, 3 torn romaine leaves, 1/3 chopped cucumber, 6 sprigs of parsley, main stems removed. Add tamari or shoyu to taste. Prepping the veggies meant less time in the blender, and also allowed those without the luxury of a Vitamix or Ktec to prepare in a regular blender.

I found it interesting how you did not remove the stem & seeds from the bell pepper. I have had some surprises inside what appeared to be a perfectly fine pepper, so, I would have to slice it open first to make sure.

Enjoy your alone time, I imagine AnnMarie will be going thru ‘the work’ with you upon her return.

Namaste,
    Deborah

btw, I loved your High Raw ebook.

13. Other than getting me psyched about eating healthier (that smoothie looks yummy), I also look forward to hearing the little diddy you play as an intro and exit on your video’s. I have started to hum it lately and that reminds me to eat VEGGIES, FRUIT, woohoo.
    Mary

14. Ladan says:

well we’re in the same boat, my other half is away at the moment too, which means I will be eating more raw and watching movies he would never want to see..having time apart is healthy and important in any relationship so enjoy your ‘you’ time..cant beleive Annmarie and victoria are in vancouver, i live in vancouver and have been bugging you guys to come down..you gotta check out vancouver sometime kevin. Anyway, i’m reading High Raw right now and I’m really enjoying it..very motivating and to the point. Good work!

15. Maya says:

Please kevin don’t forget to feed the cat!!!
    Jonny 5 fan

16. All I can say is invest in a Vitamix… I just filled it up to the top with whole veggies and in less than one second flat those veggies were creamy and smooth! Nothing compares… So much easier than a juicer and far superior than a regular high priced blender! 🙂

17. brian says:

Thanks for the show.

Unless it’s for breakfast, I don’t brush or even rinse my teeth after drinking smoothies or eating fruit and I do not get tooth decay. But that’s in just what I experience. I probably should rinse because certain foods stain the teeth.

Last fall, I developed cavities because of too many dried fruits, fresh fruits, and too much maple syrup coupled with too little green vegetables. It was more likely the blood sugar levels. I controlled my sugar intake and when I checked my teeth again maybe a few months later, my cavities were healed.

From the book “Cure Tooth Decay,” it says that the diet is more important in preventing tooth decay than brushing and flossing your teeth.

18. Kris Lofts says:

You are great! That was hilarious. Loved it. Only the female gender is commenting. hmmmmm. It is important to have our alone time.

19. Christine Sakaguchi says:

I was laughing most of the way through your show today! Especially bending the celery and throwing whole vegetables in the Vitamix.
    That was truly a bachelor-style preparation for your vegies… I’m still amused. I am also on my way out to the kitchen to whip one up for myself. I think I’ll wash and cut some of my stuff up though.

THANK YOU for sharing.

20. Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for the tips on ‘How Do I Get More Vegetables In My Diet…’ When you drive in your RV for 17 months around the United States, are you staying now and then in the RV campgrounds, or friends house or… I am curious about driving not flying now and then. Thanks! Phil

philguard@mac.com

21. sharon in Sugar Land says:

Loved this show….and I agree with Deborah,I too have found live surprises (worm) in my peppers, so i definately cut them in half.

22. Tara says:

You’re a big fan of working, running & hiking and relaxing & chilling out? You don’t have kids, do you? All I do is food prep, then I drop at the end of the day from exhaustion! LOL
    Love the soup idea, though. Anything to get move veggies into our diet. Lettuce and fruit gets kind of dull… 🙂

Oh, and chia seeds are great stuff! Thanks for introducing us to them! I created a great chia seed “pudding” for the kids by grinding them in the coffee grinder with a little flax seed, mixing it with hemp milk, and adding raw vanilla powder, and agave. Yum!

23. CINDY says:

kevin you do need to check those bell peppers out before tossing in the blender.(I have found rotten seeds and etc inside) Also check out raisins before eating I find tiny pieces of the twig still intact which get caught between my teeth.

24. Dustin says:

Hey Kevin…great show. My kind of uncooking style :). When my girlfriend isn’t around to prepare meals together I usually live on smoothies and blended meals/soups. I really dislike dishes and all those things as well! The whole bachelor theme is going me some ideas for a product 🙂

25. Kimberly says:

Hey Kevin – That was high-larious! Can’t think of a better, easier or healthier meal. Think Ill try it myself.
    Thanks for all your great energy!!

26. Marijana says:

I just work and drink whole kind of smoothies. When I’m alone, I feel more like smoothie then prepared meal person.

27. jodie says:

LMAO – red eyes, messy hair – Kev you look like you’ve been partying.

28. jodie says:

LMAO – red eyes, messy hair – Kev you look like you’ve been partying.
    BTW I love your blog!

29. Saundra says:

I agree with Jodie, Christine, Henrik et al, the video was so funny. Great job as always though and packed with fantastic info. 🙂 (Note: bachelorette’s seem to manage fine… :-))

30. Rita says:

Great recipe and so healthy!
    Love watching your videos.
    Thanks for all your input in
    helping us all get healthy.

31. Page says:

Great video! I love the Ultimate Smoothies book and have been reading the recipes from cover to cover. The HealthMaster blender I ordered should arrive today. I’ve already told my husband that we’re having smoothies for breakfasts this weekend. Luckily, he’s quite up to the change and realizes I’m making our dietary changes to benefit both of us.
    I tend to read a lot more when my spouse is away.

32. Beth says:

When my spouse is away I get to eat more raw foods, as he is the “cook” at our house. I also try and get together with friends and get some “me time” outdoors.

My Cuisinart blender just died this morning. It had a good run lasting 7 years. Time for me to decide between the Vitamix and the BlendTec. International Green Smoothie Day is coming up August 15th and I don’t want to be left out.

33. Patty says:

well, at least you took the sticker off the pepper … I’m proud of you!

34. Sherry says:

I can’t drink that much!
    And I drink mine faster!
    I like it all alive!

35. ed says:

Hope to see you in the ATL.

Glad you mentioned rinsing after this smoothie with water, we are always warning patients that the sugars and acids in their foods are dangerous to tooth enamel.

For breakfast today I put almond milk, spinach leaves, banana, cayenne pepper, frozen peaches, peanut butter, and cinnamon in the blender.

36. Peter says:

I have been raw fooding it for about ten days and it is fantastic. I made this smoothie this morning and was bummed because it was a little bland. A little salt, pepper and a jalapeno for kick. WOW!!! One thing though… I got this crazy head rush can’t explain it. BTW, this is great cold.

37. Destiny Ramsey says:

My hubby and I are never apart! Love your throw together soup/smoothie. You should call it a souppie or a smoup. Love all your stuff…. very inspiring. Have been raw for 3 months. I have 3 kids and hubby who don’t care for raw 24/7. Makes it hard. Hey— trying to get off coffee. Any suggestions for a substitute? Tired of being tired. Eating raw, but feeled slowed down. I think is my only draw back?! Waiting to feel all this wonderful energy and stuff….

38. Meri says:

Classic! What a great demo. The recipe looks great, I will try it out. I’ve definitely been feeling the need to eat more veggies and less sugars lately so this is very well timed. Thanks!
    My other half is out with his band right now. Like you, when I’m on my own I like to just chuck whatever in the blender or eat a really simple meal. I like simple and go for combos that my partner doesn’t really like. I make more effort when I’m preparing food for the both of us!
    Hope you’re not missing Ann too much 🙂

39. rick says:

hello kevin & annmarie.i really enjoy watching you guys & reading all the healthful info.but i have a problem.i recently purchased the ultimate smoothie book but have not received it.your records should show that i bought it in mid july.i would greatly appreciate it if you would get back to me on this matter.thanks.

40. Nick says:

I do what I always do in terms of eating I’m mainly raw vegan and she is not I prepare most of my own food and sometimes for her and the kids if I think they may like it. The only thing I can think of that I may do differently when she is not around is sometimes crank up the music(and invite a girlfriend over LOL only kidding been married over 20 years )

41. Shannon says:

I have been drinking a vegetable smoothie thing like that almost daily for a while now. i LOOOVE them, I am totally addicted to them.

42. Blair says:

i’m going to be taking my first class for my education courses at the living foods institute on those dates yayy

43. Veronika says:

Thanks for this post Kevin! I just made a version of this smoothie as a soup, with whatever veggies I had in the fridge (romaine, celery, cherry tomatoes, collard, cucumber, & carrots) plus garlic and a little cayenne and cumin (tiny bit). I let it get a little warm in the vitamix, and then I poured it in a bowl and added sunflower seeds and hemp seeds to make sure I “chew” the soup.

Not only does it work, it also has the most unique flavor! Somehow the combo of vegetables puree mixed with the seeds makes the sunflower seeds taste like BUTTER. I’ve never tasted anything more “buttery” than butter itself. The butter flavor intensifies the longer I chew the sunflower seed.

So odd, but wonderful!

44. Genevieve says:

Kevin, you are too funny! AnneMarie must have gotten a great chuckle out of this episode. Did you wash any of those veggies before putting them in the blender? Yech! Stems…seeds…bugs??

My hubby has to go away on business trips now and then and I also enjoy the alone-time. Sometimes I go out for a meal with a friend, but usually I just relax at home and catch up on odds and ends.

By the way … you do such a good promo job for Vita Mix. I don’t have one but I really, really want one now.

45. Connie says:

When hubby is away I give my ears a rest by not wearing ear plugs to bed!

Generally the only time I make an elaborate meal is when hubby is home at mealtime–which is only about 3 times a week; otherwise, the kids and I fend for ourselves.

Connie

46. Kirsten says:

This looks great! I will try it! Just wanted to give you a friendly little geography lesson Kevin. The island that Annmarie was on is called Vancouver Island and the city you were referring to is Victoria which is the capitol of the province of British Columbia. The city of Vancouver is on the mainland north of Belvue Washington. I grew up in Vancouver and lived in Victoria for 8 years before moving to the other side of the rocky mountains in Alberta. When I heard where Annmrie was I had intense jelousy. Not only for the company she was keeping but for her location! It’s goregeous there!

47. Elaine says:

To help quit drinking coffee I make a smoothie with water, bananas, raw cacao powder, vanilla, salt, and almond butter, in the proportions you like best. I was a 3 pots of coffee a day drinker for 30 years and I just have this smoothie whenever I feel like I need some, which isn’t very often any more.