What is Rock Dust, Where Can You Get It and More with Don Weaver – The Renegade Health Show Episode #361

Tuesday Jul 28 | BY |

My interest has been piqued about gardening…

In the past, I haven’t been able to plant anything without it dying. Total black thumb. 🙂

But since I’ve seen some incredible gardens, I’m excited to get one going.

Today, Don Weaver talks about where you can get rock dust and what type you should use. He also shares his favorite books on sustainability and green living.

Your question of the day: What can we do to help raise the consciousness of the world?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

To find out more about Don, you can go here… www.remineralize.org

1. Tara Burner says:

Be a living example!
    Practice what we ‘preach/teach’
    🙂
    excellent info today!

2. Elizabeth says:

Kevin, Love the show! but the last 2 weeks the show has been skipping every couple seconds, it is very hard to watch and enjoy the show, same thing happens on Youtube.

3. thanks Kevin and Don for the info. I wondered why my garden was not doing so good too. I can hardly wait to learn more about rock dust.

4. Sylvia says:

I agree with Tara: It’s what’s done that’s remembered, then practiced! and we’re all practicing.

Excellent info today, here, here!

5. Irondoll says:

I love Don, but he loves younger women…why not! He’s healthy! 🙂

6. Irondoll says:

In answer to Don’s question, be the change…be the example.

7. We need to lead by example. Actions speak louder than words.

8. stella Morris says:

As Ghandi said “be the change you wish to see in the world”

9. MAE says:

PEOPLE DO WHAT YOU DO NOT WHAT YOU SAY
    I AGREE BE THE EXAMPLE

10. HY says:

West Coast Seeds is a great magazine/catalogue for learning how to grow many types of vegetables. It even has a chart about when to plant each vegetables.

11. Rosa says:

Set the example.

12. Suebee says:

I think its impt. to meet people where they are, LISTEN and be compassionate. I have found that if you are genuinely interested in people, it leaves more room for them to become genuinely interested in you and your beliefs…

There is a difference between living your principles boldly and fighting over them. People need to be exactly where they are. You can only tell your version of the truth, let other people share theirs and not try to prove them wrong.

Love raises consciousness more than anything.

Kev and AnnMarie– please come speak in NY or CT soon!!!!!!!!

13. Kathryn says:

Be the change you want to see in the world (-: Gandi and LOVE~LOVE~LOVE

14. Christine Sakaguchi says:

Yet another long-time viewer, but first time poster. Thank you for your incredible work!

The only thing we can each do to improve our experience on this Earth, is our best. Each day only asks of us to be and do our very best.

I’m confused about the rock dust. What does one do? Take a hammer to a bag of river rock?

P.S. I just made your arame cucumber salad for dinner… am eating it as I enjoy your show. What a great meal, and also very satisfying. First time, for me, that everything came together as organic ingredients. Yipee!

15. Kym says:

Wow, so interesting! What can we do? It’s perhaps not the most poetic image, but the old adage moths are drawn to the flame is so true. What is more difficult is being that flame.

16. junglegirl says:

Be the change, definitely. And one excellent tool is Marshal Rosenberg’s Non-Violent Communication. Learn to communicate with loving awareness and compassion for yourself and those you disagree with!

17. Susan says:

Yes! Be the change, and… teach and inspire the children!

I have had quite the black thumb this summer. looking forward to trying out some rock dust

18. kasandra says:

Wild! I was on Saltspring Island at the Farmers Market when this guy approached me about RockDust! I had read about it on a blog with David Wolf a while back so was pretty excited to meet some one who knew all about it! He sent me home with some to try out ! Off to the city to experiment on my Balcony garden! Yeah!!!!

19. Lizzy says:

Download the free Eboek and help to make the world a better place and raise the consciousness of the world?!

Great show Kevin, like allways!

Greetings from the Netherlands (Europe)

Love and good health!

20. Miriam Atzil says:

To be good in anything, you must be very brilliant example for others. Love nature, love life.

21. Jeff says:

Be the change you want to see in the world, resist sarcasm and abolish ego, always speak truth and express your real feelings and thoughts, rise above negative energies and realize they are only reflections of the turmoil within that person or group of people, and drown out negative energy with positive, high vibrations such as love, gratitude, compassion, kindness, etc.

22. Destiny says:

Rock Dust sounds cool. I have a kiddie pool garden and it’s not producing anything. Next year I’m trying rock dust along with my worm boxes. Thanks for the great info. Don is so mellow… Cool!

23. Susan Bessette says:

Ghandi said it best, but Jeff elaborated insightfully.
    Will rock dust help in the flower garden? I’ve given up on veggies and decided to support the local farmers’ market.
    Since any idiot can raise tomatoes, I must not be an idiot.
    My land has not been farmed in 100 years, if ever. It is very poor soil in its natural state. I will see how my roses like rock dust.

24. Rhonda D says:

Wow something up my alley.
    Thank for the information and the website.
    have a wonderful day!

25. Hi everyone,
    “Consciousness” in Bengali means “Chinmoy” and I have been studying with a spiritual teacher by the name of Sri Chinmoy for the past 25 years. He recently passed away, but left behing a legacy of books and music that encourages us all to pray and meditate and work for peace in the world. I assure you, the consciousness in the world is raised when we apply these teachings to ourselves. He would say that these teachings are actually very old, as the Truth is the Truth, but I feel his books are very new, and simple, and for our and the future generations (as the outer manifestation of truth is constantly changing and transcending itself to a newer and more advanced world).
    For inspiring works of Sri Chinmoy, go to http://www.srichinmoylibrary.com or http://www.srichinmoy.org
    Thank you for your site, and appreciate your health recipes very much!
    🙂 Narmada

26. Brenon says:

I’ve heard that minerals in our bodies can help raise our conciousness. I once visited a man named John Painter on Pine Island near Ft. Myers, FL. He grows tropical fruit trees from around the world. He mineralizes them with finely ground volcanic soil from various sources, mostly from Hawaii. He had each source tested so their would be a well-rounded mixture of minerals in the final mix. His fruit trees looked fantastic! I bought a 40 lb. bag of his volcanic fertilizer and had good results. He still sells it but you have to pick it up there because he doesn’t ship it due to the high cost. His phone # is 239-283-1589.

27. zyxomma says:

Walk your Talk! Remember a few little truisms: Carnivores chase their food, vegetarians pick their food. Carnivores have short digestive tracts, vegetarians have long digestive tracts. Carnivores have claws, vegetarians have nails (yes, a hoof is more like a nail than a claw). Wish the whole world, even the whole universe, health and peace. Think globally, act locally.

28. Sherry says:

People need to be woken up. People totally trust the food that is available for them to eat.
    People totally trust the FDA and other government agencies involved with our food.
    If it’s in the store available for them to buy to take home to eat then it’s safe.
    And now with this natural situation where people think that natural is better than organic.
    I saw woman at the health food store she had all kinds of organic fruits and vegetables
    and then she had natural soy milk. This natural and organic situation needs to be handled.
    I know people that think that people that eat just organics are health nuts. Like back in the 70s.
    Exposure is what needs to happen. And that’s only going to happen with a lot of people.
    With the big non organic farms fighting organics by putting out “natural” instead. And getting
    people’s money that way. People need to see that it’s all about money. Things need to change
    we need to start caring more about one another and not just about ourselves that’s a major problem.

All the major corporate companies that are against organics are just in for money they don’t really care
    about us at all. It’s like were all a bunch of cattle with money in our pockets and that’s what they’re after.
    But people trust the government and the corporations are connected to it and until it’s exposed
    were going to continue having this problem.
    People need to get involved who care and tell other people that natural is not better than organic.
    Stay one step ahead of the non organic farms and corporations. It’s a war . Hate to say it but it’s true.

29. giselle cioraru says:

I have the same problem, It’s skipping

30. Liliane says:

Lead by example. Live in harmony by not eating or wearing animals. Be vegan if you can & the more raw the better. Pay attention to your thoughts as they are powerful. Be kind to yourself and others. Do your best not to judge anyone. A powerful thing you can do is to say this aloud to someone or quietly to yourself; Bless you, thank you for doing your best. One woman had a man come to her with a knife. She spoke these words and the would be perpetrator ran the other way. Visualize peace and harmony.

31. Angela Vigos says:

It’s all about joyful effort…love what u do and it is an inspiration to all! 🙂

32. Joyce says:

Lead by example. Offer info and suggestions without preaching and realize that most people are not going to change their lifestyles. So just move on, keep on doing the right things. Our health and vitality, peace and serenity will be the best testimony.

33. Meri says:

I agree that example is very powerful. Of course the more people SEE that example, the more effect you will have.

34. Rhonda says:

I love your Gardening episodes. Keep doing them. 🙂

35. alanna says:

Don’t be a GLUTTON and don’t drive a Hummer.

I had the chance to hear Don @ the expo. He’s the best! He is super fit and full of inspiring energy. I wish we had thousands more just like him. What a great place we could live.

Thanks to Don I have some very happy tomatoes.

36. Cheryl Lynn says:

Love this new ifo-thanks alot.
    Hope to get to a raw foods festival sometime,
    cheryl lynn-

37. Terry says:

You help by being an example. I just got back from Mammoth, California and brought glacial “dirt” home from my many hiking adventures. I plan on adding it to my garden soil..:) One step at a time…

38. Mary Goff says:

So Many wonderful responses, I agree with most!! Thanks to those giving out websites. I say continue to grow and develop yourself, follow your path and respect others as well while pointing out the consequences if they are harming the earth. Love is the answer….Love Mother Earth and nurture her as well as the Temples of our spirits – our
    bodies. Rock On!!!! with Rock Dust – I love it….My 20×30 community garden plot will be the perfect place to add this fabulous ingredient!! Much Love/Peace and Light to you Both!! You are truly inspiring 🙂

39. Frances says:

Loved that interview with Don Weaver. Please get him on for an hours interview.
    Being at peace with oneself automatically changes the world more than we realise. Allowing others their expression with out dominance and listening and asking questions before making a reply with love usually has great benefits to all parties.
    I have been using Rock Dust for a few months and have noticed a big difference in my vegetables and the fruit. Healthier, greener and delicious. I have tried Sea Water as well and have had good results with that but hard to get. The rock dust is a great all rounder.

40. Gustoso says:

Christine – Rock dust provides vital minerals and trace elements that our plants need to grow fruit and vegetables. You can buy it pre-ground and sprinkle a handful per metre squared of soil.

41. Mary says:

So having sand instead of soil (Florida) wouldn’t count, I guess.

42. marlene says:

I love all the inspirational comments people have left. The more we care about our planet and show an effort of doing so the world will become a better place. I’m grateful for your show Kevin and AnnMarie!

43. What can we do? Check out this website, and buy this FABULOUS book — Alcohol Can Be a Gas! at http://www.alcoholcanbeagas.com.

I was one of the editors of this brilliant 600-page masterpiece, which describes how we can produce all the food AND fuel out planet could ever need, not only sustainably, but REGENERATIVELY, using permaculture principles. Despite what 99.9% of the nation has been duped into believing, alcohol fuel is an elegant solution to a number many of the world’s most pressing problems (among them Peak Oil, food supply, climate change, air pollution, water pollution, topsoil erosion, water supply, waste management, sewage treatment, poverty, employment).

And it can be made NOW, on the small scale by you and me, with no new technology, and none of the downsides that the American Petroleum Institute so vocally alleges. Really.

… Yes, I am very excited about this important work! Along with sharing the benefits of the low-fat raw vegan (80/10/10) diet and working for Doug Graham, I also am on the staff of this fine author and am telling everyone I know to spread the word that WE can make a difference! David Blume’s vision for our post-petroleum future blows people’s minds and ignites in them a sense of possibility that knows no bounds (I should know — I answer all the email for Alcohol Can Be a Gas).

I do hope you’ll check out the audio and video clips at http://www.alcoholcanbeagas.com, and get a copy of the book, if you’re so inspired. And please, pass this information on … because, like natural healing, the powers that be DON’T want us to know that we can take back our power!

Very exciting!

44. andrew says:

thanks Kevin!

45. Ed Bogusz says:

Hi,kids when I was your age I hated older folks calling me that, but now I’m old enough to know why they did,”envy”. OK about this show thing, sometimes I’ll wonder why am I watching this.Then you have shows like this one with Don and othere guests that keep expanding my favorites list.So not every show is aimed at the AARP demigraphic, but kids I know one thing, if you find the mythical best place to live, your show needs to showcase Michigan in you-pick season,vists to the organics done right friends at their prime, nateral colour chages in season,festivals and events close to your heart. The reason being, it’s the journey not the destination. Then move in about 30 minutes away from your mother-in-law , All the best

46. jeanne says:

Another way to improve soil quality: rotation planting. To build organic matter and health of soil, try planting vetch, fava beans, or other legumes in half your garden beds. These plants “fix” nitrogen, meaning they can pull nitrogen out of the atmosphere and store it in nodules on their roots. At end of growing season, just turn the ground over and let plants decompose into soil (and get a nice mulch in the bargain!). Plant cover crops in half your garden beds (alternating beds each year), so you always have some room to grow the food you want to eat and also create rich organic matter in your soil in a sustainable process.

Several books talk about this in more detail (I like John Jeavons’s Lazy Bed Gardening).

47. RANDALL HOPPER says:

GREETINGS!
    My name is Randall Hopper, and I want to tell you where you can get Rock Dust!

A company out of Las Vegas, Nevada called Saumma Minerals, crushes rock and delivers 25ton truck loads for $5,808. They are crushing up a new batch by March 2012. Give them a call, and they will help you with you rock dust needs.