Delicious Chocolate Dream Raw Smoothie Recipe – The Renegade Health Show Episode #349

Friday Jul 10 | BY |

Annmarie disappeared for about 15 min today and reappeared with our video camera…

I asked her what she did for the show, and she wouldn’t tell me. 😉

Obviously, while I was editing it, I found out that she made a delicious chocolate raw smoothie for Rebecca’s kids!

Here it is, take a look…

Your question of the day: What can you do for an earache?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

You can check out the new smoothie book at www.UltimateSmoothieRecipes.com!

Delicious Chocolate Dream

2 Bananas
1 small avocado
1/4 cup raw cacao
1/4 cup agave
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp lucuma powder
2 tbsp maca
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup water -maybe more if you want the consistency thinner 🙂

Blend and enjoy 🙂

1. Terri says:

Sebastian has awesome questions. Here’s something that works for earaches;

Herb Pharm Herbal Extracts

Mullein – Garlic Compound

Mullein – Garlic Compound by Herb Pharm inhibits or destroys bacteria or fungus present in the ear canal. Mullein – Garlic Compound controls inflammation, edema, and itching. It has an analgesic (pain relieving) effect while it softens and disperses accumulated earwax. Mullein – Garlic Compound works
    great on inner ear infections and swimmer’s ear.

Mullein – Garlic Compound contains the following organically grown and naturally harvested ingredients in a base of olive oil:

Fresh St. John’s Wort flowering & budding tops
    Dried Calendula flower
    Fresh Mullein flower
    Fresh Garlic bulb

Say “Hello” to Jonny 5 for me!!!

2. Tara Burner says:

that smoothie looks yummmmy, need to go buy some of the ingredients 🙂

for earache: garlic oil– few drops in ear works

3. Vanessa says:

I love all your shows. You guys have put a new interest in me about raw food. I loved you book High Raw, Kevin. I’ve read your ebook. I’m going to read again and check out more books about raw food and living food. My stomach always hurts after I’m done eating anything. I also have really really really bad acid refluix. I’m just tired of feeling sick after I eat.
    So, I’m going to give it a try. I’m going to take it slow because I know, I can’t rush into something new.
    The question of the day…when I have earache, I go any buy Beeswax ear candles at the Natural vitamins store and clean out my ears. That sometimes works for me. Have a awesome weekend guys!!!

4. christine says:

annmarie said 2teaspoons maca but you wrote 2Tablespoons…just making sure b/c maca is powerful stuff! 🙂

5. Geri says:

I am going to make this! MMMMM looks so good!
    Once again, the twins are adorable!
    I agree with Tara Burner, garlic oil for earaches!

6. Cookie says:

Ok – I almost felt like we were sneaking the chocolate in- Kevin, you don’t like cacao? Say it ain’t so!!!!

7. Cookie says:

Hey Kevin, don’t you use paypal? So convenient, I would even eat the fee myself (less than 3% right?). Think about it, please. Thanks

8. Great JOB AnnMarie.. I can’t wait to try all of this recipes from this week and get your book.
    I look foward to seeing you in a few weeks at the Raw Health Expo in Santa Rosa.
    Heading out soon to the Petaluma potluck to hear Elaina love.
    Blessings to you and Kevin..

9. Sara says:

Chiropractic has been shown to help earaches. Can’t wait to try this! My lucuma should be arriving from Raw Food World any day now. Woo!

10. Gina says:

warm garlic mullein oil. A couple drops massaged into the ear. Rest. Light foods, miso soup. Chamomile, elder flower, willow bark tea.

11. Corrinne says:

Thank you AnnMarie. I make banana and avocado smoothies but this one looks sooooooo good. Can’t wait to make one. Your shows this week have been a real inspiration.

12. Heather says:

This one looks pretty tasty. 🙂

I used Colloidal Silver water in my children’s ears and anyone else’s that needed tending. It is great for eyes as well.

I sure wish I could find the Lucuma powder up here in Canada.

13. Janet says:

Awe, Sebastian, your question is too cute! I would put a few drops of warm olive oil in my ears for an ear ache, Sebastian. I remember my grandmother doing this for me when I was a little girl and it worked very well. No more ear ache 🙂

Also while we are talking about ears, it is wise to also put ear plugs in when you are having your hair dryed or drying it yourself. The ear plugs save your hearing so they are not ringing all the time from loud noises and you don’t get an ear ache that way. Good question!

14. Sharon says:

Heather…check out http://www.upayanaturals.com …they are in Toronto …they have lucuma powder and all kinds of other raw stuff

15. Ricki, Chandler, AZ says:

For earaches, heat a little Sweet Oil (from the pharmacy) with a match under a spoon. Let cool and test one drop on inside of wrist. When it’s just body temp or slighly warm, put a few drops in ear and place a cotton ball. Lie down having the sore ear up so sweet oil doesn’t pour out. Works every time!

Ricki

16. Gail Shallcross says:

Annmarie sure does a great show by herself! Keeping it real with the kids-they are darling! The superfood friend is interesting too-good job Annmarie!!

17. Genevieve says:

Heather, you can get lucuma powder at http://www.realrawfood.com in B.C.

I agree that colloidal silver in ears and eyes works great. Used it recently on my niece who had pinkeye and it cleared up completely with three applications.

18. Elaine says:

Wonderful job, Annmarie!! That smoothie looks beyond delicious! I do like my chocolate!! Which reminds me, I’m not craving it anymore. Hmmmmm.,…. I wonder if that has anything to do with eating mostly raw food!
    For earaches….Young Living’s Melrose oil – a drop or two on a cotton ball placed in the ear makes it all better!
    Thanks for a great show! CUTE KIDS!!

19. Nicole says:

I’ve never had an earache. I DO get an itchy sensation in my ears in the spring though, for which I put some olive oil on a cotton ball and tuck that in my ear. It helps a little, although it might be more psychological than anything!

Those twins are adorable, btw!

20. Lynn says:

belladonna homeopathic remedy

21. RW says:

Corrinne: “annmarie said 2teaspoons maca but you wrote 2Tablespoons…just making sure b/c maca is powerful stuff! ”

Looking at the YouTube video, Annmarie actually used 2 teaspoons of maca.

22. Kristin says:

Just a quick note on moose poop (!!!!) 🙂

Its not like that at all…its like lots of solid pellets about an inch long. People up here in Alaska call them Moose Berries.

I’m sure everyone really wanted to know that, right?!! Sorry, couldn’t help it… :))

23. Bill says:

I fixed my sons earache a while back with Raw Organic Coconut Oil!

Just a couple of drops in his ear (you need to warm it first if it is not Summer time), let it soak in for five to ten minutes and his ache was gone!

He went from screaming in agony to running around like normal within ten minutes of me putting it in there!

Awesome Stuff 🙂

24. My favorite part of this video is “We’ll scratch that…” Only we didn’t scratch that. I love it.

Well done Annmarie!

You should talk to your editor though about editing the stuff you want to scratch. 🙂

Great video and this looks delish!

Jonathan

25. Rhonda says:

Heather (from question #12) I get many raw foods from these folks:

26. Bruce says:

For earaches, Colloidal Silver, put a few drops in ear and place a cotton ball. Lie down having the sore ear up so Colloidal Silver doesn’t pour out. Works every time unless the problems in the teeth. In that case take the Colloidal Silver into your, swish it around and hold it in as long as you can. Try for 5 mins., 15 is better. This also works well for tooth aches if you can’t get to a dentist for what ever reason.

BTW – Smoothie and vid look excellent!!

27. Dayadharma says:

Great smoothie recipes. I love a smoothie every morning !

For earache, put an onion in the oven until cooked. Then, squeeze the juice and put a few drops in the ear when cool. Keep rest of the juice for reapplication.

For recurrent earaches, consider gentle chiropractic or even craniosacral balancing. Craniosacral balancing can be a real miracle when it is done well.

28. Sarah says:

Hey Kevin just wanted to let you know that the ‘toothcare’ link under hot topics is not working.

• Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

Thanks for this, Sarah! Put a message into the tech team 🙂

For now you can search tooth or teeth in the top bar and you’ll get some posts!

29. Leo says:

earache? earache my eye!

I use EFT

30. Angela Matesky says:

Hi guys. I just watched your youtube video on raw chips and guacamole and I’m loving your energy! This is the first time I’ve been to your site but I’m sure it won’t be the last.

In good health,

Angela

31. Marie says:

Hi Kevin and AnneMarie,

Great question! Really all the oils mentioned are great-olive, sweet, or garlic. Due make sure you warm the oil, and stick a little cotton in the ear.

I grew up using sweet oil, atleast thats what my Mom always put in my ears.I recently had an ear infection that hurt badly.

I happened to be at my parents’ house, and my Mom actually put some in my ear (I’m 30 now-lol), but it worked. It really soothed the pain.

The oil I keep here at home for my kids has garlic oil in it specifically for earaches. It seems to work well.

32. Sharon says:

For an earache a few drops of silver as a silver-sol works really well. This is colloidal silver in a safer more effective form. Just put a few drops in the affected ear.

33. Meri says:

Awww, the kids are so cute. Must get lucuma powder so I can try this recipe. Mmmmm chocolate 🙂

34. We use warm olive oil. Just tilt your head to the side, put a few dops in the ear then gently place a cotton ball in the infected ear so that when you turn your head upright the oil dosn’t run out. Drink two Chocolate Smoothies and by morning you should be doing just fine. Actualy I don’t know if the smoothies have anything to do with the earache getting better but they sure taste good! You may want to sub vanilla for the cinnamon. I have found that some people don’t care for the taste of cinnamon and chocolate together; at least that’s what my wife tells me.
    Thanks for sharing

35. Angela says:

A couple drops of warm oregano oil drops in the ear. Oregano oil kills fungus, bacteria, and viruses.

36. Teree says:

I gave this recipe a try and OMG….it is
    the best chocolate smoothie ever! Great Job
    Ann Marie..as for your question of the day…
    I’ve used olive oil, coconut oil, ear candeling and garlic oil but for me what
    works is Molecular silver! Thanks for doing what you do!!!

37. Gudni says:

I have heard that there is certain kind of essential oil that works well. I saw a medical doctor talking about it in the TV. I just do not remember what kind it was. But you can ask someone who knows about essential oils. As well….avoid milk, completely, see what happens.

38. joev says:

Great show. I love the incorporation of the two kids. Great ideas

39. Kaylani says:

When I have an earache or a sore throat I gargle with hydrogen peroxide and clean my ears with hydrogen peroxide (let it stay in the ear until the bubbling stops then sit up and it comes right out). The earache and sore throat are gone the next day.

40. Hi Annmarie,

Great to see that all of you love my smoothie recipe so much. Yes, it’s also a great recipe for kids, they always like it.

You can find more delicious raw food recipes at my website http://www.RawFood.nl, the #1 raw food website of the Netherlands (Europe).
    If you go to “the Academy”, you will find all the information in English.

And yes, it’s 2 tsp maca 😉

Enjoy your healthy food!

Annet van Dorsser
    Raw Food Netherlands and Belgium

41. Bill says:

Chiropractic adjustments are the best thing to fix earaches.

42. Cheryl Holt says:

Hi Annmarie!
    Great show! Love the smoothie recipes and I can’t wait to get the book. WOO HOO!
    Earaches can be caused by mucous congestion which is a detoxification of the lungs & sinuses. Eating plenty of hot peppers(habanero, jalapeno, cayenne)will thin & flush sinus mucus. Mucus & wax can combine to form a harb ball in the inner ear. Ear cones are good also a visit to the physician or naturopathic doctor to flush your ears with warm water can help.

For ear aches I usually juice medicine (recipe below) and drink at it helps to drain the lymph.
    Medicine:
    10 kale leaves
    5 ribs of bok choy
    1 ripe orange habanero or red jalapeno pepper

This juice helps detoxify the lymphatic system and boost the immune system. It also relieves swollen galnds in the throat.

I also use one dropper full in the am and one dropper full in the pm of Marine Phytoplankton.

Love, Light, & Peace,