Inspiration Friday with Michael Beckwith – The Renegade Health Show Episode #334

Friday Jun 19 | BY |

We’ve seen Rev. Michael Beckwith speak 2 times in the last week…

After his talk in Portland, Annmarie actually gave him a hand massage, since he probably signed 600 books in an hour’s time. We were excited to talk with him briefly and I’m pretty sure (after talking to his publicist) that we can bring him to you in an interview in the near future!

Both talks have been inspirational as well as given us some real tangible things to work on with ourselves.

So naturally, we wanted to share some of what we’ve learned with you. 🙂

Enjoy this weekend and let us know what you think of this talk…

Your question of the day: What else can you wrap in greens? (Or what did you think of the talk!)

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

To find out more about Michael, please visit www.AgapeLive.com!

We’re actually thinking of moving to Santa Monica for a winter to hang out with the Agape crew… and maybe I’ll try out for the choir… 🙂

1. DELANEY says:

I like to wrap my juice pulp with a little avo in kale leaves.

2. Angela says:

Loved it! It’s a reoccurring message—I believe it’s slowly catching on…..Eckhart Tolle, Gabriel Cousens, and others say it in lots of different ways….Exciting!

3. Jane says:

Rev. Beckwith is just THE BEST. So happy he is being listened to more and more.

4. Ashley says:

Did you by any chance notice the Agape church that was right down the street from the Friends meeting center last night? Pretty ironic…I wonder if it’s affiliated with Michael?

I saw him in Portland the other night…amazing!

5. Rainbow says:

I love Rev. Michael. Good luck with the choir. When I sang with them you had to have 6 months of community service with one of the ministries to audition. Good work, Kevin.

6. Avi says:

I like mango or starfruit wrapped in red leaf lettuce, pretty good stuff!

7. Rosa says:

i never thought about wrapping fruit! I wrap any type salad with guacamole, hummus and or salsa

8. Lana says:

I love Michael, Rickie and Agape!!! Can’t wait for you to interview them!!!!!!

9. John Thornley says:

The fellow is very articulate; that’s about it.

10. Great talk… Thank you for sharing this as I missed this at the Harmony Festival..
    Safe Travels … Blessings, Marina

11. Katie McGrew says:

I’m afraid Michael Beckwith is all mixed up about the concept of eternity….it is NOT in the NOW…. it is something that will happen to us in the future… and guess what… we have a choice as where we want to be in eternity… with GOD, or without Him.. You might want to ask God to reveal to this to you, because living without God in eternity is not going to be a pleasant place to be. I would say your best be is to prepare for it.. and if I’m wrong.. oh well, nothing lost.. but if I’m right and you’re not prepared for it, you’ll be so sorry you didn’t prepare. Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

2 Peter 3:9 …..God is holding back the End because he doesn’t want anyone lost. He’s giving everyone space and time to change.

Eternity is real for every person, whether you believe it or not, and it would behoove you to search it out to find out how you can prepare for it.

Here’s a quote from the Bible, which is the Word of God, given to us for instruction…instruction on how to live and how to prepare for eternity.. which is a future event:

Mar 10:29 “Yes,” Jesus replied, “and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for My sake and for the Good News,
    Mar 10:30 will receive now in return a hundred times as many houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—along with persecution. And in the world to come that person will have eternal life.

I pray that the Lord reveals this to everyone reading this.

May the Lord bless you.

12. natalya says:

Now daeys everybody is a Rev. with his own “salsa” style ideas. We can listen to anybody, but it’s important to choose the Wisdom to follow.

13. Susan says:

I had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Beckwith and his wife live in Atlanta. If people like what they hear from him you might also look in your area for a Church of Religious Science. In Atlanta it has been renamed to the Spiritual Living Center of Atlanta. Beckwith started with Religious Science.

Peace.

14. chris keinath says:

Great show. Sorry to have missed you guys (People’s is one of my fav. stores)… (If you can, check out Portland Farmer’s Market tomorrow 8AM-2PM, Park Blocks @ PSU… it’s the BEST!).

Will def. check out Rev. Beckwith… nice add to your show! Be Well on your travels, thanks for coming to Portland.

Oh yeah, had some pineapple today (in a smoothie with dino kale & cilantro). Yumm!
    🙂

15. Tammy says:

Rev.Beckwith awesome talk!Thank you.What about wrapping papaya.Yum!

16. Christa says:

Do vegans need to supplement with extra iron or are there any other supplements typically requried for vegans besides vitamin B12?

17. Sue Rushford says:

I had no idea Rev. Michael Beckwith was such a comedian – he’s hysterical! I met him in person just a couple of weeks ago at Karyn’s Raw in Chicago – just chatted with him for a minute – sooooo cool – so approachable & down to earth.

Now what was up with that woman who was chiming in after every phrase – she was apparently inspired!

You could pretty much wrap anything in greens – guacamole, nut cheese, or seed pate come to mind – there’s always a salad burrito, too – don’t forget the dulse – maybe sprinkle some cordyceps.

18. Jennifer says:

I like wrapping spinach around baby carrots. 🙂

So Yummy!

19. Suzanne says:

I love making wraps with collard greens, putting in avocado,mixed greens,garlic,tomatoes ,seaweed yummy with a little lemon and apple cider
    Good talk interestingly enough everything comes back to breath.Connecting to your breathing releases fear/anxiety connects you to the moment and centers you to be at peace which is where all problems are resolved.

20. Johno says:

banana and date with any leafy green -yummo

21. maria fox says:

I love michael beckwith and ricki B beckwith and when I do attend Agape (international) Spiritual Center I am lifted up as I was a minute ago…. and I had a similar experience in tense times and airports so I was humored… humor feels so good… I really have to prepare to have this experience eternally when I go thru security…. to be in the “Now” instead of the present tense which instantly become the past tense…. “Now” I am living…hey hey..

22. Meri says:

Bananas or avocados in lettuce are good 🙂

23. Laura G says:

Good message and entertaining too.

Now to contradict the message I have a question on my mind. It’s been bugging me for at least 20 YEARS!

How do I get rid of deep and sometimes puffy dark circles under my eyes?

Any suggestions would be great. I’ve been searching and researching but I don’t get much info except goopy chemical creams to slather under eye that ONLY hides them.

Thanks.

24. I love Rev Beckwith and Ricky BB… This is a story I can “so” relate to… I have so been there?? LOL!

25. tessa nisbet says:

i couldn’t help but notice how you are cutting your fruit – every fruit and vegetable has a yin and a yang – the yang is at the root or stalk end and yin the opposite – to wholistically enjoy and take in the whole fruit or vegetable you cut from top to bottom so each slice has a part of yin and yang and all that goes in between – otherwise slicing thro a cross section you are only getting that one part of it….

26. Jack says:

The talk was totally amazing! amen to that!
    I remember a couple of summers ago I was into making raw tahini (sesame, lemon, cumin and water), mixing it up with sprouts and wrapping it in kale. Good stuff!

27. Judy says:

Annmarie and Jeff look like they could be related….lol

28. Jan says:

Laura G.–Try doing a liver/gallbladder cleanse to help with the puffiness and dark circles. Peace.

29. Kristin says:

I can’t get enough of Michael Beckwith! He’s one of the most inspiring people around…and I love that he and his wife work/play together…I heard that they converted their big back yard to fruit trees and garden. How lovely to live in such a good growing climate (I’m currently in Alaska…brrrrr…but moving SOUTH sometime soon!) Looking forward to the interview with Michael.

30. Jackie Ryan says:

oK somebody shed some wisdonm on the puffy eye thing. its my curse too.
    Love Michael Beckwith. And I make lots of pates with nuts and seeds and make raw wraps.
    As my son says….
    Peace Out Hippy!
    Jakie

31. Jackie Ryan says:

I’m having trouble with the shows downloading. It doesn’t run consistantly. It runs then stops. Any ideas? It rarely makes it to the end.

32. Mary Goff says:

Thanks Kevin, Love the Pineapple, Kale idea.
    I usually do a my wrap with Romaine Lettuce wrapped around nutmeat pate, &/or raw hummus, raw olives, cucumber, red bell pepper, lots of avocado, lemon juice/namashoyu drops. Yay and yummy! It’s my favorite!!

Beckwith is quite a showman…his messages are heard ’round the world…yay.

33. Jenny says:

Puffy eyes can come from a few things, such as too much salt in the diet that draws in and holds water, and funny enough, sleeping on your stomach. Gravity pulls the fluids to your fce and eyes. Things that help are cold compresses,cold cucumber eye compresses. A model’s trick to puffy eyes is Hemorroid cream under the eyes. Now the dark circles, unfortunately alot of the time its heridity. The darkness can be from minute blood vessels under the skin. They don’t go away, but under creams can help and of course under eye concealers. There are some great ones on the market from MAC cosmetics. Good luck.

I like assorted veggies in homemade tomato tortillas! Yum!

34. Crystal says:

spinach and mango—–mmmmm

35. Stephanie Tisone says:

the last time I had durian i bought a head of romaine and rolled the fruit inside the lettuce…yummmm
    really good on the body for dealing with the sugar

36. Pamela W says:

Wraps: I love Jennifer Corbleet’s (Raw Food Made Easy for One or Two People) walnut pate in a wrap or on crackers. Top with nutritional yeast and avo.
    Baggy eyes: I suffer with that too and it has gotten better since I have been off wheat and all gluten products. The other thing that helps me is to make sure I am in bed and asleep by 10:00!!!

37. Carol Lani Johnson says:

I am a licensed Religous Science Practitioner in Asheville, NC (our ministers appreciate raw). Love keeping up with you guys. Love raw lifestyle, love Michael and Rickie BB. Feels like one big family. Felt so good to come back from seeing the Beckwiths at our United Centers for Spiritual Living Gathering in CA in Feb and see Michael team up with Gabriel Cousins for a week long detox. Science of Mind principles changed my life and now raw food is just expanding that awesomeness. It is good to see you both savoring all of the above and more!

38. Mark Powell says:

So many awesome ideas! I’m linking this page and sending it to my clients! I’ve always loved avo and a date wrapped in kale. Fat and sweetness, just like ice cream…if by “just like” I mean not even remotely like. But still awfully good. And quick! Also better than ice cream in that whole not-killing-you way.

Loved Beckwith excerpt. So many teachers talk about “being in the present moment” as if that, in and of ITSELF is enough. But, to me, the power (as Michael Beckwith indicated) is in the fact that the present moment is arising in the ecstasy of the Radiant Spirit, which is “prior” to time and space and stuff. Did that make even the slightest sense?

Too much kettlebells tonight. Not enough kale with yummy fixins. Must sleep. ‘Night!

39. Karen Jackson says:

Loved Rev. Beckwith. I sure hope you can get that interview with him in the future. I never thought to wrap fruit in greens – thanks so much for the idea.

40. Lyle says:

Thanks to Matt, I love wrapping avo, tomotoes, and dulse in a romaine leaf. Great for traveling. Props Matt!

41. Jessic a says:

I just wrapped olive humus and sliced avocado with seasoning. mmmmm Very tasty!

42. Amanda Thompson says:

If you have trouble with video’s stop/starting, hit the “pause” button, and allow the frame to buffer. You will notice a red line expanding across the screen base.If you allow it to reach the end before pressing “play” you will no longer experience this stuttering display! Good luck..
    When I need something filling I process a raw yam and perhaps a few nuts and live oil and season to taste. I found I love it in red chard wraps. If wraps re too small I wrap one diagonal and another horizontal to hold the precious contents in. Love is All…Peace Everything Else!!! ~AmandaSoarsFree

43. Steve says:

What happened to “Fitness Fridays”?
    Is it being replaced by “Inspiration Fridays”?

44. Keith says:

Props to Peeps! (Peoples’ Co-op)

Excellent idea about wrapping fruit in kale. muy yummo.