How to Use Chinese Jing and Shen Herbs with Rehmannia – The Renegade Health Show Episode #331

Tuesday Jun 16 | BY |

At the Harmony Festival, we bumped into Rehmannia in a booth…

He had baskets of herbs, so naturally we wanted to know what was going on.

Rehmannia has studied Chinese herbalism and gives tonic herbs for people who are interested in building Jing, Shen or Qi (Chi).

So go ahead and listen to what he has to say about a couple of his favorite Jing and Shen herbs…

Your question of the day: What is your favorite Chinese herb?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

To check out more, visit ShamanShack.Info.

1. karen says:

Zizyphus Combination

2. karen says:

I’d like to know more about Chinese herbs. Thanks Kevin and Annamarie keep posting Chinese herbal information for me to gobble up! RAWR!

3. Mary Goff says:

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the great interview…I’ll be looking more at the special herbs Rehmannia spoke of. The Herbs I use are Siberian Eleuthero Root (caps) for energy and a Milk Thistle combo including Tumeric root and Dandelion Root (caps) to cleanse. Just started using Waiora Agari drops(special mushroom) which is awesome with Natural Cellular Defense (both drops)- Waiora rocks! http://www.mywaiora/475133 Those, plus RAW Food diet…keep me 64, and my husband 51 very happy. We also use Fermplus Probiotics from http://www.livingfoodsusa.com best one we’ve found.
    Healthy & Vital,
    Mary Goff

4. Bev says:

goodness he looked like he had some kidney issues going on with the bags under eyes and the back ground noise made it to hard to listen to…

5. Tom says:

He Shou Wu

6. Kathy Thompson says:

This video doesn’t work on my computer…..

7. Kristin says:

I just started on some combinations from Jing Herbs, plus Deer Antler. David Wolfe said I need to build my Jing energy, so this is where I’m starting. (I had asked him a question on his website.) Don’t know yet how they will affect me but feels good so far!

8. Linda Miller says:

I bought from plantcures.com a Chinese herb called He Shou Wu for my husband. He has permanent medium nerve damage to his ears from a drummer at church that was loud plus the drums were miked. He is going to an accupunctrist and I got these herbs to take as well. TAccording to Chinese medicine, the hearing is connected to the kidneys, and He Shou Wu is a tonic to the kidneys. It can also restore the natural hair color.

9. Mary Ellen Bieber says:

my friend has electric sensitivities & is always very hot, so i would like to know the opposite of getting more chi. how would u cool off not get more heat? of course she is worse since june 12th when tv went digital. could u help or could u ask the right person who could help? thanx

10. Zak M-K says:

My favorite Chinese Herb right now is dried gecko… oops! nope, kidding :p it’s schizandra berries.

Mary Ellen Bieber, having studied herbalism and in the midst of course training that covers Chinese herbalism, I would have to recommend that your friend strengthen their jing in combination with eat a more yin based diet. To know what that means you’d have to research it, but I’ll briefly explain why.

Hotness (a yang quality) can be likened to qi. If you’ve go so much that it is “spilling over” in excessive heat then your friend simply needs a larger container to hold all this qi. To do this you need to fortify yin which is likened to a vessel (jing) that holds the qi.

The stronger your jing, the stronger your qi… then the stronger your shen.

11. My favorite herb in TCM is reishi. I also love goji berry, eucommia, he shou wu, cordyceps, and deer antler. If anyone is interested in herbal extracts of TCM or any other medicinal herbs be sure to visit my website and contact me. Blessings!

12. Avi says:

“these are a few of my favorite [chinese herbs] things”

clove flower [ding xiang]
    elsholtzia [xiang ru]
    frankincense resin [ru xiang]
    aloe [lu hui]
    knotgrass herb aka avicularis [bian xu]
    Leguminosae [ji xue teng]
    sweet wormwood [qing hao]
    pseudoginseng root [san qi]

Generally I like combining into formulas though, by looking at the main patterns. Its true about leaking jing. Another way this happens is with not getting enough rest.

Very interesting about reishi properties mentioned, never heard that before…

[I practice TCM [acupuncture, herbs] in NE New Jersey – check it out if interested!].

13. Avi says:

My mistake .. Reishi = Lingzhi [ganoderma]. So I did hear that before 🙂

14. Brenda says:

Schizandra is nice.

15. Denise says:

Hi guys, this video does not work on my computer either.
    does anyone know why?
    not so smart with computers
    Cheers

16. Meri says:

Having not really tried any chinese herbs before (besides New Chapter medicinal mushroom capsules), I can’t really say I have a favourite. I have been looking into getting some He Shou Wu though, as I’ve heard it can help reverse grey hair. At 26 years old I have quite a lot of grey hair which I figure isn’t natural so something needs to be put right!
    Great timing with this info. I’d love to hear more about chinese herbs, especially the tonic herbs.

17. Daniel Kwabi says:

my favorite chinese herb is ” he shou wu” good for male health and makes the hair return to natural color

18. Brent says:

Hi, I wanna move towards 80/10/10, which herbs are best to support my immune system to keep away candida? thanks.

19. Patricia Autry says:

Rehmannia – Rehmannia glutinosa or Sheng du huang

How interesting – as I once recommended this herb to a client to decrease the sexual energy in her husband. Don’t Ask.
    One has to wonder why someone choses the name they do.

He Shou Wu for grey hair sounds great, but I also have experienced the same results with nettle with my clients.

All in all TCM and the incorporation of Chinese Jing and Shen herbs are worth their weight in gold.

Green Blessings,
    Patricia

20. Justin says:

Hey guys!

It’s so awesome that you are doing all this blogging and v-blogging while still out on the road. I’ve been a huge follower of your blog and the stuff you put out is just amazing. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for all this info on tea making. I think it’s the next thing going in the raw food movement. I’ve dabbled just a little bit but will be getting more into making teas. Awesome info guys. Have fun in Portland!

– Justin

21. Karen Jackson says:

I’ve been interested in Chinese herbs for a long time but haven’t been exposed to them. I would really like to learn more. Can you direct me to any websites, etc.?

Thanks, Kevin.

22. Toni says:

Jeff fits in well with the Renegage Health Show.

Thanks for all the stimulating, fascinating info./ people/ places. You all are making such a positive difference in so many lives!

I’m so thankful for your show.

Love & blessings!

P.S. Looking forward to seeing Jeff’s photos of the Raw Spirit Fest.

23. Curtis Duncan says:

Gogi berries!

24. mary harris says:

Hi Kevin and Annemarie, i have been using chinese herbs consistently for 1 1/2years now.My most favorite is a formula for the endocrine system. i got unbelievable help from using this product. i highly recommend using chinese herbs-they worked for me so well. i absolutely love them. if anyone wants to know more about the products i use i would be more than happy to help them. my name is mary and my email is mary@mkhcompany.com

25. maria teresa says:

white tea

26. Michelle says:

Couldn’t get the video to play, but I wanted to make a point to Mary Ellen .. The Chinese herbal system is based upon tailor-making formulas for each individual. I would suggest that your friend see a Chinese Medical practitioner to receive a consultation based on health status/history, and pulse and tongue diagnosis. Herbs are strong and should be prescribed properly. When done so, she might have great results. It’s great to see so much interest in Chinese Herbology. I practice acupuncture and Chinese Meficine in Austin. Ciao!

27. Jonah Ewell says:

Karen, our blog is all about Chinese medicine and we have a LOT of articles on Chinese herbs. Take a look! http://everydayhealthTCM.blogspot.com/

28. My favorite by far is Goji berries!!!

29. Cathy Frank says:

Deep Health from Herbs Etc is like kryptonite for humans.

30. Nick says:

I studied a TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) for a while. One thing that stood out for me that wasn’t included here, nor sadly, did I expect it would be, was that my herb instructor said we in western coastal North America had native analogs to Chinese medicinal herbs. The main point is the herbs & other food-plants native to any region will keep in check the effects of local weather extremes as well as situate us, acclimate us, merge us internally with our surrounds. For instance, the climate of the Pacific Northwest is marked by cold, wind & wetness. Many with chronic joint problems are like human barometers, knowing when rain is coming, when the air pressure drops, if they interpret the pain signals as such. Well the herbs of the area work well against how those weather effects on a VULNERABLE human body. So not only a “100 mile diet” is good, but eating a fair percentage the local native plants is particularly good for us.