How to Keep Your Skin Tight as You Age – The Renegade Health Show Episode #328

Thursday Jun 11, 2009 | BY |

In today’s video, I address Wendy’s question about how to keep your skin tight as you age…

Now obviously Annmarie and I don’t have direct experience with this just yet… we’re still fairly young. :-)

But I have talked to experts along the way who have given me helpful tips that I can share with you!

We also talk about what to bring with you on a run, green juices and smoothies, a little more on horsetail and what bloodwork most people could benefit from.

Take a watch…

Your question of the day: What have you done to keep your skin in good shape?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

1. Sam Adkins says:

Kevin, what you said about the green juice being a powerpacked punch is absolutely true. I start the day with a green juice and find that if i drink it in the evening I can’t sleep as it makes me feel so energetic.
    Skin-wise i think high raw and a predominantly alkalising diet with very low sugar is just such a healthy way to eat that it allows the body to absorb nutrients and this supports healthy skin.I just spent a few weeks hanging out in One Lucky Duck in Gramercy park, NYC and found that i would frequently guess peoples’ ages as lower as people on a high raw diet have great skin.
    Avocados/flax oil are also great for skin because of those EFa’s!
    Sam Adkins
    The Homeopathic Coach

2. arlene says:

velashape , it works

3. Peg says:

I am of an age that I think about wrinkles. For now, green juices and smoothies are about the best thing I can do.

I have started drinking green juice in the evening. I read that during sleep, the body uses that time to heal and construct so I want to give my body the best materials to work with.

4. Anne says:

Use sunscreen,wear a hat and avoid the midday sun.

5. i’m 62. when i eat green smoothies & no cooked food and exercise my face muscles, i look best. i find that when i’ve been with people or animals, having fun — or i’ve been making videos (see at youtube), my face muscles strengthen and i look younger… when i sit at home at my computer alone all day without interacting with people, the muscles weaken and i look older. my body responds RAPIDLY to food & exercise.

6. Lori says:

I am 47 and I always get compliments on my skin. People usually think I’m 35. I did spend many years in the sun running over 30 marathons and climbing many mountains. For the last 10 years I did use egg whites on my face daily which gives this tightening effect. I don’t feel as comfortable using egg whites any more and am trying to move away from them. My recent regemine is using an oil such as coconut, hemp, olive or flax(actually rotating them). After applying the oil I take a warm wash cloth to open the pores and kind of let is soak in. I then take an ice cube wrapped in a little piece of cloth or paper towel and rub that all over my face to tighten the pores. I do this in the a.m. and p.m. Must be affective from the continuous comments I get!

7. Gudni says:

Coconut oil works really well on the skin. It makes it smooth, soft and elastic. I saw a show about a woman and I do not remember what it was about, but she really looked good for her age and she thanked only baby oil for her youngish appearance. Sometimes we look too far for solutions. I am sure that an knowledgeable Ayurvedic practitioner could explain more about this oil thing making it look fresh and juicy.

As well the people who look the youngest are the people who meditate and people who work out. Very simple.

8. Genevieve says:

What do I use to tighten up my skin? A fresh honey mask now and then — leave on for 20 minutes while relaxing with legs elevated. Rinse with tepid and then cool water to close pores. During the day, I use a centrifuged coconut oil on my face and at night I use emu oil. Both are wonderful on the skin. On the body? Coconut oil, shea butter, cocoa butter. No chemical stuff for me!
    Genevieve

9. villarosa says:

All the things you mentioned, Kevin, for tightening the skin are great! Thank you. I’ve also found that facial exercises work quickly AND I love Silicium G5 Gel! It works wonders on tightening the skin. I also take it internally.
    Lots of cucumber juice with that green drink you mentioned will help the skin stay clear and firm!

Kevin, do you mind sharing your green drink that is such an ‘eye opener’ for you?? Thanks for all you and AnnMarie do for all of us!

10. Dead Sea products are amazing for tightening the skin and pulling out toxins. I use a Dead Sea Mud mask and Dead Sea Salt papaya mask.

As far as what to ingest, I find that aloe juice and seaweed (red, green and brown) keep my skin clear and tight.

Thanks for reminding me to drink my greens!

11. giselle cioraru says:

I have been 80% raw vegan for about 6 months now. I have lost between 15-17 pounds. I am a small person to begin with. I am 5′ or 5’1″ I weighed about 128 pounds. Now I weigh 111 pounds.
    Since I lost all this weight my neck has a lot of loose skin & I also
    have a Turkey neck.
    I don’t like the way my face looks cause every time u loose weight
    your face gets smaller.
    I don’t know what to do with all the extra loose skin. I saw some face excersizes that u can do on u tube .
    I like the way my body looks though. U look better in clothes.
    U can wear what u want.
    Not too happy about my face though

12. Jane says:

At 60, I do facial exercises and uses raw shea butter – and nary a wrinkle.

13. del says:

Aloe vera juice. I use it as instead of shaving cream or soap. Works well. Been using it for over a year now. Awesome stuff.

Thanks for the green juice tip. I have wheatgrass pretty much everyday. Grown my own. Make it first thing in the morning. About 1.5 to 4 oz. Also drink about three quarts of green smoothies as well. Greens, fruit and superfoods but maybe having a freshly made green drink during the day would be energizing and good switch. Thanks.

14. J says:

bentonite clay mud mask (aztec secret healing indian clay). makes the skin tiiiight!

15. Leva says:

Skin brushing with a stiff brush helps a lot :)

16. Ramona says:

For those who loose a lot of weight from going raw let me offer my experience. I went from 160 to 110 in a very short time, over 8 years ago. As a consequence there were saggy areas around my body but I knew the body would heal itself and over time it did. It took a few months but all those saggy areas did disappear. I was also exercising to help with the disappearance. I have since gained more weight and know that I still need more exercise than I currently do. I look 10-15 years younger than my age by standard evaluations (although the gray hair gives a clue). So be patient, exercise and I am sure you will see the results you desire. I love to use coconut butter/oil on my skin after washing and I find it helps with skin tone and moisture retention. I love green smoothies, fresh greens, fruit and sprouted and fermented foods. I do not have any wrinkles and I am 58 years of age.

17. Bentonite clay and rosewater is great for the skin.

18. Christina says:

Here are a few ides.
    Protect it from excessive sun damage.
    Grapeseed extract and Resveratrol help build collagen.
    Don’t sleep on it, you iron in the wrinkles overnight.
    Keep well hydrated and limit use of alcohol, caffeine or cigarette smoke.

Hope that helps.
    Christina

19. zyxomma says:

Can’t believe no one has mentioned this yet: SLANT!!!! For at least 15 minutes out of every 24 hours, lie on a slant board with your feet at least 14, and preferably 18 inches (about half a meter for non-U.S. residents) higher than your head. This does not mean putting your legs up, this means your entire body is on an incline. For those of you who have gym memberships or home gyms, use your sit-up boards. Go at a time of day when it’s least crowded, because you’ll be on the board for 15 minutes WITHOUT doing any situps. Yes, of course, you CAN exercise on the board, but only once you’re done slanting (which you can combine with your favorite meditative breathing). This is not just good for your face (Dr. Jensen named slanting “aging in reverse” and would not accept a new patient unless she/he agreed to 15 minutes of slanting daily), it’s good for your brain, heart, transverse colon, you name it! (In fact, as to the last bit, it’s essential, along with colonics, for reversing a prolapsed transverse colon, which can cause bladder, uterine, and prostate problems. If your transverse has prolapsed, get on the slant board with a hard rubber ball — like the Spaldings we played with as kids — and, starting just above your pubes, massage in straight lines from pubes to navel, beginning on the right side (ascending colon), just to the left of your pelvis, and continuing with these straight lines up until you’re just to the right of the left pelvic bone.) This is also THE essential exercise for anyone who’s concerned about dementia. Think about it — your heart has to work against the force of gravity to pump blood to your brain, which, along with your eyes, consumes more oxygen than the entire rest of your body!! Make gravity work *FOR* you by slanting daily. Health and peace to all.

20. jen says:

alpha lipoic acid as a supplement has been clynically proven to not only reverse damage to cologin but also to stimmulate it’s growth. take 200 – 600mg/ day. there is no know toxic limit.

exfoilating is a must for youthful skin as when we age the cell renewal of our skin slows down. by exfoilating every other day or at least once/ week we keep the skin renewing itself.
    get a good quality ‘fine’ grained scrub (i recommend getting one from a fancy place like holt renfrew or sephora – i use clinique which is the only non-natural product i have but the beads they use are really fine and smoothe, as to not scratch you)
    start once/ week and move up to every other day. with the softest touch, very gently rub the exfoilant over the top layer of skin in a circular motion from 5 to 20 seconds in each spot. be extra gental around eyes.

21. Cesar says:

SO WEIRD.

I just poured myself a glass of water with MSM and popped a few Amla Berry Vitamin C tablets.

Then I sit down to watch this video and you start talking about MSM+C lol

22. John Thornley says:

I think a good way to avoid wrinkles is to get real fat all over.

23. millie says:

Hi, Kevin

Look forward to your email everyday, love both of you guys!

Just purchased Lucuma powder and msm powder, wants the best way to use them.

can’t wait for there arrival.

thanks

millie

24. Angela says:

Wow! Loving all the great anti-winkle tips! First I am gonna try those great oils-coconut, hemp,flax, and olive oils. In my opinion the largest contributor to winkles is stress. So taking time out each day to calm the body & mind is vital to overall health. The slant board recommendation from Zyxomma is great.

25. CINDY says:

ARE YOU GOING?
    So, here’s how it’s going to work:
    The RAW MOM SUMMIT is from June 22nd to June 30th. Every day of the Summit, you will receive a link to a special webpage where you will be able to access the recordings for that day.
    You’ll also be given access to a private community forum where you can communicate and connect with other participants on the program! (Imagine the fun you’ll have there meeting other moms just like you from around the world!)
    You will be given access to these calls
    for FREE.
    For nine consecutive days starting Monday, June 22nd through Tuesday, June 30th, there will be 3 interviews every

26. Angela says:

I wanted to let you know that I am reading high raw! So far I am enjoying the read. Thanks

27. Mary says:

I use coconut oil every day for the past few years and no one can guess my age. I teach jr. high and they all guess low too. Good kids, I tell them they get an A ;-). I have been on vacation at my parents house for the past few days, and even though I’m not totally on board (my dh just picked up my dehydrator!) I was doing as much raw as I could. I haven’t had much raw the past few days and I sure can feel a difference now! I’m going to go out and try to find some food to make smoothies with (have to find raw since I don’t know coops here) and try out her un-vitamix blender.
    Jen, alpha lipoic acid is also a chelator if you are taking it internally. It is one of the few that will cross the blood brain barrier and if you are heavy metal toxic, it can redeposit the metals back in your brain when the bonds are broken. My son’s DAN dr. will not use it until body burden metals are detoxed because of all the additional and worse damage that it can do.
    Kevin, if you are doing green juices aren’t you missing out on the fiber? Won’t the body still absorb the juice that is in the smoothy also?
    Thanks for all you do!

28. brian says:

Avoiding gluten since it decreases fat absorption.

On a sunny day, wear a hat covering your face and neck from March to October in southern Canada.

29. Nadia says:

Steam face weekly to deep clean pores. Slab the inner aloe vera leaf before bedtime. Rinse off in morning. Then add some coconut oil for the day.

30. jackie says:

I moisturize every morning and evening with different products, either bought or concocted on my own, avoiding the parabens and etc., and don’t let myself get too much sun on my face any more.
    Kevin, I’d be interested in your green drink recipe, too. I don’t juice since it’s too much hassel cleaning the juicer….just use my vitamix and drink. I agree with Mary’s comment…won’t the body get the juice from the smoothie anyway, and isn’t the fiber an extra benefit? I’m fairly new at all this, so excuse my question if it’s ignorant.

31. briannaG says:

I’ve written once before, but I’m pretty new to your site and was wondering: how should a person go about “detoxing”? Especially a heavy metal detox? It sounds like something one should do, but I’m clueless on the approach. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

32. Take the foam that floats on top of wheatgrass juice right after juicing. If you don’t have any foam, you can usually get some from a local juice bar as they throw the foam away — sometimes they’ll just give it to you as they consider it trash!!! Make sure the foam is super fresh, (less than 20 minutes old), and rub it all over the face, neck and chest. You can even put it on your eyelids and right up to the lash line. Sometimes people get worried because it stings just a bit, (not always) but it does absolutely no damage. Nor does it dye your skin green even temporarily. When it dries after a few minutes, just rinse it off with water, and follow it up with a bit of coconut oil. You get exfoliation and SUPER clean skin with absolutely no scrubbing, and the skin feels SO fresh and supple afterward. I wouldn’t recommend wheatgrass foam more than thrice a week.

The coconut oil replaces some missing oils in the skin and gets into pimples and clogged pores to take the “yuck” out of them. Eating 1-2 tablespoons daily of the oil helps from the inside, too.

Often people are concerned that applying oil to oily skin is a bad thing, but sometimes skin is oily in response to being dehydrated. Oil can act as a barrier to hold in what little water is left in the skin, so drinking tons of water is essential. When the skin gets properly hydrated, overly oily skin often disappears (when I went raw, my oily skin disappeared in 2 weeks!).

I have also found a particular brand of digestive enzymes that REALLY perk the skin up from the inside out, but I’m not sure if I’m supposed to mention them here (don’t wanna look like I’m plugging something on someone else’s website). As I’ve lost weight on raw food, I’ve taken these enzymes (in addition to the enzymes that are already in my food) and they go through like little Hoovers to pick up and digest old guck from my cooked food days. I had leaky gut and so undigested food particles were in my blood. I found out that this (and white sugar) caused excessive wrinkling and sagging in my skin.

So with the enzymes, I’ve really cleaned house, so to speak. And my skin is SO much more elastic, it bounces back, and my wrinkles are almost gone. Less guck equals cleaner body. Cleaner body equals smoother and tighter and more supple skin all over, and the above recipe has been a miracle for me! :)

33. mary kay says:

My skin is wrinkle free and I’m 53, and do look young for my age, but I do have rosacea. I’ve been high raw for two years, and have tried all kinds of things for the rosacea, which makes my skin on my face dry. Coconut oil applied topically doesn’t seem to help as much as when I ingest coconut internally. Not just coconut oil, but coconut. I think utilizing more than just the oil must have some sort of synergistic effect.

I also had twins at the age of 47, almost seven yrs ago and although I am a small-framed woman who got a rather huge belly, I have very few stretch marks. I think that this had to do with eating a better diet than the average American. I just wish I knew then what I know now and would have been high raw!
    *********

On another subject, I don’t really appreciate the “Raw Mom’s Summit spam” on the comment board, whether it’s free or not. I guess I wouldn’t mind if it was mentioned at the end of a relevant comment or something –it was just blatantly presented in a spam-like manner. My two cents.
    ********
    Mary, that is interesting about the ALA not being used until heavy metals are detoxed. I’m going to do some sort of blood test for heavy metals soon. Thanks for the info.
    ******************

Zyxomma –never heard of that–SLANTING. Thanks for sharing. I think you should make a YouTube video depicting how to do the ball massage, and just in-general info about it. Seriously! LMK if you do! marykaysimoni@juno.com I’m a busy mom. Finding fifteen minutes every day would be a challenge, but I’m considering it! Love the idea of the deep breathing along with it. Deep breathing it has been said, can prevent 50% of illnesses, just by oxygenating the body.

Mary Kay from Ohio

34. mary kay says:

briannaG, You can detox by either doing a raw-juice fast, or, what is easier, a raw smoothie fast, with some juice thrown in. No doubt you can do cleanse kits and herbs, but I like to allow my body and nutrients do it. When you just do the juice (without fiber) you have to worry about elimination —getting rid of your poop, by either enemas combined with colonics, or taking something like psyllium (which to me seems to defeat the purpose of resting your digestive system), or by doing salt-water flushes, which IMO would tend to deplete electrolytes.

During such a cleanse, you eliminate ALL protein and all fat, thereby allowing your body to go into autolysis around the fourth day. This is where your cells seek out protein and fat, and in your body’s wisdom, don’t go for the brain or heart, but for the most damaged crappy cells.

You can also do zeolite, which can supposedly help eliminate heavy metals. I think some essential oils may also help with heavy metal removal.

I’m curious to see what my heavy metal blood test will reveal because I’ve done three raw-juice fasts and a couple raw-smoothie fasts within the past three years.

I do know that I finally got rid of a microscopic parasite that I couldn’t get rid of by doing sev’l cleanses, and that I accidentally cured my hypothyroidism after sev’l too. So we’ll see about the heavy metals. Too bad I didn’t test the heavy metals beforehand as well.

HTH,

Mary Kay

35. Aaryn says:

What or How do you do facial exercises??? Thanks.

36. Mariel says:

All great suggestions! I asked a similar question several years ago about loose skin after weight loss. After a long wait while several experts conferred, I was finally told that any exercise or movement that stretched the cells up & down could take up the slack in excess skin. To clarify . . . anything like jump rope, trampoline, or just jumping up & down would cause the skin cells to stretch then constrict back into place eventually tightening them. While other exercises or movements are good for us, they don’t have the same effect. Now . . . I haven’t proved this yet to myself, but it sounds plausible. “Whaddya think”??? !

37. Muriel says:

Coconut oil, lots and lots of raw veggies in a salad, flaxseed,avocados, fruits, and moderate regular exercise, and above all, prayer and meditation.
    It is never about one thing or another, but simply a wholistic lifestyle, being grateful to God for his spirit and guidance.
    I have learned much in my 69 years of life and just want to share from my heart.

38. Kani says:

I am 59 and just did an MMS protocol for three weeks. Wow what it did to the skin was impressive. My pre skin cancer crusties went away and my skin got tight and soft. I also mix together coconut oil, cacao butter(soft), fresh squeezed aloe juice, powdered MSM. This is incredible for the skin, I feel like I am feeding my skin..But ultimately the condition of the skin comes from inside. I am younger now than I was at say 49….adios

39. LAP says:

I think face exercises are so effective – I do face exercises everyday! Also like many others are also doing – I eat masses of raw veggies and greens, and blend raw greens and a low-sugar fruit & water most days (not everyday as on the move alot), use a greens powder everday. I also make and use my own face gel – made of organic coconut oil and aloe gel, and take MSM each day too! I am 42, and so want to do all I can to look healthy and vibrant! Exercise daily is vital too, as is regular “time-out”, yoga and having a good belly laugh as much as possible – great the immune system! Lucy-Ann (UK)

40. Liz says:

I saw several mention face exercises. I do these as well. They increase circulation to the face as well as keeping the facial muscles tight so things don’t sag – jawline, etc. But no one has mentioned what exercises they do. I do the ones from the book Facercise by Carole Maggio. Within the last year I’ve also started body brushing. Thanks to everyone who’s shared. I’ve picked up a few ideas I hadn’t heard of. Slanting in particular – I need to add it to my regimen. Sounds like it has multiple benefits for the mind & body.

41. Lauren says:

Kevin and AnnMarie, what do you guys make of this:

Hype, or worth thinking about?

42. Jenny says:

I recently saw a book on beautifulonraw.com entitled Rawsome Flex: Beautifying System of Facial Exercises. Want to get it and try it out myself!!

So love your videos and all your helpful info, Kevin and Ann Marie!!

43. Chris Smith says:

From a mans perspective… I hear women say to men often that they have such nice skin. Men in general do very little to their faces/skin. I believe that women from a young age have put chemicals on their faces/skin which I think can cause some of the damage. ALso regarding sunscreen, the average sunscreen can do more damage than good. Do your research and find a good one- See Dr. Mercolas site for some info on this.

One thing that men do is shave, which exfoliates the facial skin. So I think exfoliation is key.

Hydration was hardly mentioned, which I feel is VERY important. Drink your water and use natural moisturizers.

Im sure many of you women still have some of those yucky products that you just cant seem to get rid of because they claim some miracle.

Your skin is your largest organ in your body, you need to take care of it from the inside. And worrying adds to stress and allows you to focus on the problem. Try to love yourself and be young and happy from the inside which will show on the outside. We all need to learn to love ourselves a little more.

Live life and love life:

Clean air
    Clean water
    Good friends
    Real food
    Laughter
    A good sex life
    No chemicals
    Take risks- the excitement will keep you young!!!

44. Mary says:

Hydrate–water your body!!
    Protect–wear a hat or carry an umbrella in the hot sun.
    Eat and drink your veggies.
    Never go to sleep without cleansing and moisturizing.
    Get enough real sleep, in the dark.
    Breathe.
    Meditate and be grateful to your Creator for everything.
    Smile for the best “wrinkles” ever!
    Exercise your body and your mind.
    Fifteen minutes of sunshine before 10 a.m. on your whole body.

45. alice says:

Abhyanga is one of the best things to do for healthy skin. The concept comes from Ayurveda. I take about 1/4 cup warm oil, (sesame in the winter, coconut or olive in the summer)and massage my whole body with it, leave it on for 15-20 minutes rub it off with a cloth and then shower. It makes skin sooooo soft, flexible, and resilient. It also helps with circulation and in the winter months helps keep the body warm.

I also want to comment that I’ve found that skin problems have their root in emotional issues. Skin problems often indicate a need to “hide” from the world or a need to protect ourselves from something. If we heal that, the skin clears up. I’ve had incredible shifts with EFT. I highly recommend it!!! You can download the EFT manual and teach yourself for free!!! emofree.com
    Not trying to SPAM just want to share, it has really changed my life, along with raw food and reiki.

Also wanted to mention that abhyanga can work like a miracle for helping babies go to sleep at night. Mother and baby can have a relaxing warm oil massage before bed, it helps relax both for sleep and helps with sleeping through the night.

love to you all!

46. Shara says:

What can be done about acne ?

47. i have been doing tonya zavasta’s rawsome flex facial exercises for 10 months and i have a 6 week testimonial on her website that you can check out

i believe in cleansing and detoxing your body and i do a quarterly cleanse before every new season and right now i am only a 21 day coconut water cleanse and you can read my blog post about it (first entry with 2 more to come)

I also take one day off a week from eating at all and do a dry fast, no food or water (read up more on this in tonya zavasta’s book quantam eating, available at http://www.beautifulonraw.com and check out all her other books, as well, as they are awesome and also look at the transformation page with her before and after pictures…by the way, she is now 51 and doesn’t look even close to her age…she believes in calorie restriction, as well and that is something i am working on, too

hope this helps anyone out, who wants more ideas to stay young forever

with luv and gratitude
    mindy aka ageless raw beauty

48. John says:

I use coconut oil everyday on my skin.

49. ida margrethe says:

It’s way too early for me to worry about wrinkles, but its nice to know what i need to get into when i get older..
    I am 24, but apparently i look 4-5 yr younger.
    Actually, i think wrinkles are fine, its just something i know will happen eventually anyway..
    Smile, be happy, be sun-wise, eat healthy, exercise, exfoliate, have some different raw oils handy.. yeah, that sounds good to me!
    Happy aging! :]

50. Delaney says:

Hi Kevin,

I’ve been getting your show emails for a very long time but just now started watching them. I really like how objective you are (and AM). I also like when you say when you don’t know something. I guess I didn’t realize how knowledgeable you two are and wrote you off too quickly. I’ll keep watching! Very intelligent show.

Delaney

51. Sara Bella says:

I use an amazing homeopath/color infused oil called Potenshaa. Mmmm the best oil you will ever find! Hands down. Even my hubby uses religiously.

When I wake up my face is seriously plump and smooth. I can tell a HUGE difference when I do not use it.

ALso lots of H20, good excercise, diverse, nutrient rich foods, plenty of good lovin’ and of course genuine rest. I try to truly love my life and smile often. When I am most grateful, I feel most beautiful. I also try to love every little wrinkle or flaw I think I may have.

Another contribution to my skin was when I started regularly drinking my green juices. My skin cleared up sooo fast and THOROUGH! I had some major break outs and then boom, glowing soft clear skin. I was amazed. And how I knew for sure it was the juices, was if I ever went a week or so without, I could see and feel huge difference in my skin. We just moved, and have been without juicer for a few weeks, (we do green smoothies daily though), and I can tell a gradual decline in my skin. Just pores starting to fill up underneath and can tell its not as vibrant and tight. So smoothies still give me nutrients, hydration etc. They are not like green juices. Our juicer is in mail and should be here any day. I cannot wait!!! Feinin’ for my greeeens…. mmmm….

One thing I love that Kevin always says, its not what you eat, its what you DONT eat. I think by eliminating the unnatural foods we can be our true natural beauty. You are what you eat. I want to be alive, juicy, fresh, ripe, succulant, vibrant etc. Not dead, wrinkled and dehydrated.

52. Masha says:

Well lately I’ve been working at my new job (a juice bar) and been drinking lots and lots of juices from fresh fruits (or really ripe heehee)
    so for the question of skin being tight… I found that drinking lots of orange juice made my skin really well and younger (though i am young lol 21) it just made wow from my skin :) so i guess that’s the vitamin c you mentioned, and that’s my expirience :)

53. Steph says:

Someone commented above about the MMS (Miracle Mineral Supplement) protocol. What do you guys know about it? Would you recommend trying it?

54. Jo Beck says:

Exercise is essential folks! Can’t get along without it, that is what the body is built for and what tightens everything. If the exercise you are doing isn’t working then the exercise needs to change. There are lots of different things to do and the internet gets all the info out to everyone. Plenty of variety and something to suit everyone. Plus Kevin’s tips are full on and useful.

55. Kathryn says:

What about the skin in other parts of the body? Is there anything we can really do about cellulite?

56. Maria says:

Try adding liquid chlorophyll to your drinking water. Drink it while you take your walk, exercise or ride your bike. It’s full of minerals, a blood builder, body deodorizer, aids with digestion and, depending on where you it it, great tasting too!

Maria

57. carol says:

Carol Rock
    I have been a part of the natural movement for many years, as well as a cosmetologist (retired!) For women who are pre or post menopausal Bio-identical hormones will help tremendously with keeping the skin young, as well as maintaining a balance for health within the body. Lots of good news finally coming forth on this important subject for women. I have some good links if anyone is interested. I also drink Earth’s Living Clay daily as well as using the pack on my face. Maintaining an alkaline environment within the body takes care of many problems.
    Love your posts, and your great motorhome adventure. Enjoy the wedding. It is going to be such a happening!!
    Good Health,
    Carol

58. Jacqueleen says:

Exercise!!

59. Tyra McMahon says:

When I was taking silica from horsetail my skin tightened right up. That stuff is amazing. Need to get back on it.

60. Gail says:

Great info on the MMS protocol can be found here:

Coconut oil is a blessing on the skin!

61. Edith says:

I am greatful for the great info. and excellent suggestions. I am 57 and only recently became exposed to this way of leaving. My family and friends do not agree with most of the new ideas I’ve been expressing lately and I would love to get in touch with some of the women that posted their suggestions on this site. How do I do that? I guess I could leave my email: edithnir@gmail.com. If you are in the Los Angeles area – please get in touch (Muriel? Kani? Mary? Mary Kay? Anyone out there?)
    Thanks. -Edith

62. Rena says:

I would love to know what the enzymes are that Lori Bayne mentioned in her note.

63. Eva B. says:

I see a lot of people questioning green juice vs green smoothie.Green juices go to work immediately deep down the cellular level to detox,refresh,heal and rejuvenate you.I start every day with green juice and I agree with Kevin,after I drink it I feel wonderful,even a natural high.I can really feel all the yummy vitamins and minerals and it is really an eye opening experience.Yes,you have to take the time to wash the juicer but I love my Omega juicer and I don’t mind at all.I consider it time well spent on my own health.I cured my type 2 diabetes,high blood pressure and depression with green juices.Not to mention losing a ton of weight.I also love green smoothies for a different reason.They are fast and very delicious,they have fiber,easy to digest and I can take my green smoothie anywhere.They can also be a meal on their own.I love both.As far as skin care goes,just eat a raw,vegan diet,don’t use anything toxic or artificial on your skin.My motto is:if I can’t eat it I don’t put in on my skin or my hair.Exercise is great and have a generally positive attitude.I am 48 and people think I’m in my mid 20s.Probably because I feel like a kid.

64. Julie says:

Green drinks most definitely, also drinking alot of alkaline water, i also use a water that the Japanese call beauty water, it’s a 5.5 water and you can spray it on all your skin and your hair. It makes a huge difference. You can find it at http://www.yourlakailneh2o.com or http://www.youralkalinebody.com

65. MARY THOMAS says:

RAW VEGAN DIET, WATER, WATER, WATER, NO CAFFEINE, NO CAFFEINE MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE,,,CAFFEINE DEOXYGENATES THE SKIN..AS SOON AS YOU STOP TAKING TEA AND COFFEE YOU TURN FROM GREY TO PINK! COCONUT OIL, EXERCISE AND MEDITATION.
    HAVE HEARD IT SAID THAT IF YOU LOSE A LOT OF WEIGHT ON THE RAW IT TAKES ABOUT TWO YEARS FOR THE SKIN TO GO BACK…YOU WILL DEFINITELY NOT NEED SURGERY FOR LOOSE SKIN AFTER. PATIENCE!

66. Shannon says:

skin tightening:
    okay, I am blessed with pretty smooth skin to begin with but… I do Bikram yoga which has worked wonders for getting rid of acne. I used to have acne all over my back and since i started doing Bikram regularly, its completely gone.
    I gave up caffeine also. I don’t know if this is related or not .
    I also (this is un-PC) use Retin-A which works wonders. and a good SPF.
    I also use virgin coconut oil – i alternate between retin-A and coconut oil at night and I am almost 40 but people tell me I look 25 all the time, so something must be working. Or they are just being nice, lol.

67. Shannon says:

PS– you guys can look for yourself, I am facebook friends with both of you…. so you can decide if my regine is working . :-)

68. Victoria says:

I use coconut oil, face exercises, dry brushing and exfoliation. I believe the quarter Filipino in me also defies aging. I’m 42 yrs. and my 16 yr.old son gets asked if I’m his mom. They say “She looks like she’s in highschool”. Maybe the give away is that I’m not acting like a girlfriend.

Have you ever noticed that deaf people who use a lot of strong facial expressions to communicate have few wrinkles? I’ve noticed this and believe it is from just exaggerating their expressions. Try it and see if it helps diminish lines.

69. Martha McCarble says:

I use Egem oil drops which is a natural vitamin E…..no makeup just a glowing skin with a RAW DEAL which is Genesis 1:29, prayer, Biblical studies and motto of Live, Laugh, Love and Learn! Thanks for your work!

70. This was a hint from someone else and I can’t remember who. But what I’ve started doing is in the a.m. and p.m.; with a clean/rinsed face and I have been using coconut soap right now for cleansing, I prepare a really hot wash cloth (using hot water from my electric tea pot); put this hot compress on face (waiting to get the right temperature so it’s not too hot for your face) and leave on for a few minutes. Then I have ice in a bowl ready and using the assistance of the washcloth, I ice down my face. It’s great! I tend to run hot and do a quick icing of the rest of me too with the remainder of ice. Always, always, always start with a dry, fresh, clean washcloth each time. I purchased six brand new white washcloths specifically for this purpose. They get used for nothing else.

71. Debra says:

I have always looked 10 or more years younger than my age. All I can think of is that it was due to:

1) Virtually no sun
    2) Clean lifestyle – although my diet suffered at times. No partying, drugs, etc.
    3) Prayer and meditation
    4) No makeup – haven’t worn it for 10 years and my skin looks better than ever.

Being filled w/God’s spirit will give you a beautiful glow. It has to come from the inside out. The more I read about chemicals in cosmetics the less I use any commercial skin or bodycare. Don’t miss it a bit!

72. Christina says:

jen-
    Alpha Lipoic Acid is a powerful anti-oxidant and aids in detoxification by increasing glutathione levels but some people actually do have to monitor their dosage carefully so to some, there could be a ‘toxic level’ depending on what form of ALA they are taking, how much they are taking AND what sort of medications and health issues they are dealing with. Being that ALA can cross the blood brain barrier, it’s a potent supplement to fully understand before a person adds to their regimen. So unfortunately, as much as a superstar as it is, not everyone can take 200-600mg per day.

Granted, some practitioners recommend up to a whopping 1800mg per day but then on the other hand, some people have been known to suffer from irregular heart beats or insomnia from a mere 40mg – 50mg. Those who have thiamine (B1) deficiency, diabetes, hypoglycemia or have under OR over active thyroid issues, or have heavy metal issues should research further and consult their health care practitioner before taking ALA.

ALA is a very effective heavy metal chelator as well so you’d want to be certain that your body is in the right place to start taking this…you don’t want to take something that is an effective metal chelator if you have a high heavy metal load only to not have your detox pathways functioning properly then as result, reroute your heavy metals in a completely different area of your body – particularily because ALA can cross the blood brain barrier.

Also, for a person considering adding it to their regimen, they may want to read up on the differences of R-Lipoic Acid, S-Lipoic and R-S Lipoic Acid…R ALA is the most absorbable to human cells and tissues, R-S ALA is also aborbable although not as much and S-ALA…well, there are claims & studies that this latter form is not at all absorbable in the human body. If your bottle doesn’t state what form of ALA it is, it’s most likely the S-ALA / S-LA form…since it’s more inexpensive to manufacture than the other 2 versions.

You are right though! It is an incredibly powerful anti-aging supplement! One may just consider researching it a bit or taking it under the guidance of their health practitioner.

73. Lee Wenzel says:

I enjoy your web site and have watched you on youtube. Thanks for getting us started on raw foods recipes. My husband has prostate cancer and all this raw foods sounds like the way to go. We watched a video from ravediet.com and it directed us to raw foods and now you and Annmarie have taken us further. Brenda Cobb from LivingFood Institute has helped people with all types of cancers and other problems with raw foods, from what we saw on the video. I’m obese and I can see my benefiting from raw foods and getting my BP down.Thanks for all your help in this direction. Lee

74. Michelle says:

Hi there!
    Where are you guys? I can not pick up your show lately????
    Missing you both!
    Michelle

75. Matthew says:

Great show today. So many questions I had asked myself before and didn’t know the answers to. Such as being able to put horse-tail directly into your smoothie! Cool. I was wondering about juicing versus smoothies and if you could out your opinion into that. Also, What do you think is the best Raw/Living food lifestyle retreat to go to if one is experiencing illness? Hippocrates, Gerson, Tree of Life, ect.?

76. Vaisha says:

I am not able to see any of your vedios .. i downloaded flash player 10 still facing problem .. is there any othe way where i can access your vedios.. i would really appreciate.

Thanks

77. Mike says:

Great site here:

I have a few questions for anyone to comment on. Thanks for your help!

1. What are the best brands and types of juicers to buy for a juicing lifestyle?
    (Gerson theraphy has some recommendatios, but expensive)

2. Best website to explain what vegetables to juice with, how much each time, and when and how often to drink each day?

3.How to get proper amounts of protein intake while raw juicing?

4. People mentioned taking enzymes for skin health. What type of enzymes and how to take?

5.Best ways and places to buy and keep a daily supply of raw organic vegetables available in my kitchen for juicing?

6. I am in school and would like to know if anyone knows about where the best colleges and in what states, have the best nutrition, and organic farming degrees?

7.EXERCISE: can an excess of walking for exercise have bad effects rather than good effects?

8. Is a moderate amount of tanning beds ok for health?

9. THe drug PROVOGIL:::does this drug, if taken properly, ok for health?

10.Different Type of Question: What age in women is not safe to become pregnant. What age is not healthy and not recommended for the health of the mother and the baby?

Thanks,

Mike

78. ain says:

Hi I am 25 years old and I see minute pores appearing onmy face
    please suggest me how to get rid of this