How to Make Your Health (and Life) Extrodinary with Cherie Soria – The Renegade Health Show #326

Tuesday Jun 9 | BY |

We didn’t do too many interviews at the Raw Spirit Fest this year…

We wanted to meet our fans! 🙂

Though a few people stopped by and we chatted it up. Cherie Soria of the Living Light Culinary Institute was one of them.

Here’s what she has to say about getting anything extraordinary… (Yes, she knows a little more than just about raw foods… LOL!)

Your question of the day: Have you ever driven over the Golden Gate Bridge?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Check out Cherie’s AWESOME event and come join us in August at the Vibrant Living Expo… click here!

1. Katie says:

I once rode my bicycle from Canada to Mexico. The rolling fog of San Francisco chased me across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was very erie and I raced across the bridge to the other side before being engulfed by a thick fog.

2. John Thornley says:

Thanks for the San Francisco tour, it brings back good memories. At least they seem like they were good now. I was in the Navy and stationed on Treasure Island. Cherie is a real sweetheart.

3. Sue says:

Yes, I crossed the Golden Gate many many many years ago when I was in grade school. My parents took us to California from Illinois on vacation. I remember being very disappointed that the bridge wasn’t actually gold!!

4. MARIO says:

YET I WAKE UP LAUGHING EVER MORN
    RINKING GREEN SMOOTHYS EVER DAY
    PLEASE CONTAC6T ME BROTHER
    I HAVE SOME IDEAS I CAN TURN YOU ON TO
    I ASLO AM AN ESSENE AS SHERI

5. Julie says:

No, I have never crossed the bridge, though being a native californian. Anyway,…what a beautiful & inspiring LADY. Cherie Soria looks amazing. When I grow-up I want to be like her. What an inspiration to live raw lifestyle.

6. Yes, I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge in 1973. I had hitch-hicked across the country from PA to CA then down the coast to LA, over to Las Vegas, up to Denver then back to PA then finally home to Cocoa Beach. What a journey! I found San Franciso to be such an enchanting city. Imagining those souls living out their lives on Alcatraz as they looked out on such a beautiful place as SF, made me want to be good and never get in trouble. Thank you for sharing your journey with us! You are both becoming sunnier as you travel the warmer climates and soak in that beautiful Vitamin D filled sunshine!

7. I meant ‘hiked’. No way to correct typos once this posts. Sorry.

8. Ralph says:

I lived in Marin for many yrs. and drove over the bridge when it was reopened after the floods of 1982. I was one of the first people to drive over and it was erie. Like being the only one left after a disaster.
    Great interview with Cherie. It was also great to see you and Ann Marie also over the weekend.

9. CINDY says:

I HAVE BEEN OVER MANY TIMES OVER THE YEARS.

10. Wilhelmina says:

Love your shows, I look forward to every one of them. I have never been on that bridge but I will have to put it on my to do list.
    You showed the little machine (forgot what it is called) driving through town. Have you checked to see if it is your dashboard thats causing it. You didn’t have the rv running last time when you showed it. I wonder what had happened if you were outside the rv or when it was of. Keep up the trerrific shows!!

11. Lois Kubota says:

I have driven across it many many times, walked across and rode my bike across. It is always very enchanting.

Great interview with Cherie. She is so inspiring!

12. Cindy in Marin says:

I was born and raised in San Francisco and still work there so I cross the bridge several times a week. I am still struck by the beauty of the panorama on a sunny day as I drive to the approach from the Marin County side. I have also walked and biked across many times. I even fell with my bike into the traffic lane back in the 80’s before the safety rail was put up (about 10 pairs of hands scooped me up before any damage was done!)

I got to talk to Cherie Soria a few times over the weekend and she is as kind as she is beautiful. If there is anyone I would want to emulate it would be her!

13. Luis says:

Yes sir! I live out here!

14. Mary says:

Yes. Many times across the Golden Gate. Always awesome.

Cherie Soria on your program was the best thing you ever did. You allowed her to speak and wow, am I glad. She possesses such a peaceful, peace-loving, wholesome presence. Her knowledge and her generosity of sharing gives me reason to be grateful and to appreciate you for allowing her to speak.
    Thanks.

15. barbara says:

Nope, but I will this weekend! I’m in SF for the first time and will be going to see the Golden Gate this weekend. I’m excited. Also planning on heading over to Cafe Gratitude!!

16. Brenda says:

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have been over the Golden Gate Bridge many times. I have sailed under it many times as well. It is beautiful.

17. karen says:

Yea we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge as a family on vacation several years ago.

18. Linda says:

Hi Ann Marie & Kevin!

HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY!!! (…BELATED) (I didn’t realize what time it was) 🙁

I hope you enjoyed your day! Be blessed with many many more WONDERFUL years together! 😀

I haven’t had the opportunity to go over the Golden Gate Bridge, maybe one day in the future I will.

I was GREAT seeing Jonny 5 hanging out in the front of the RV chillin’ while AMG was wheelin’! I also admired your toes chillin’ & sunnin’ LOL!

The interview with Cherie was informative and thought provoking for me and I enjoyed her immensely. As usual, I enjoyed this interview. Thanks again.

19. DebB says:

Yes, we’ve crossed it ~ the first time while we went to San Jose on a business trip while living back in Illinois.

My husband’s Aunt lived in Rohnert Park, outside of SF, so we crossed it the last time we visited her.

But – Annmarie gets the prize for crossing it while driving a motor home – eek!!!

Debbie *Ü*

20. Jerome says:

Hi Kevin & Anne-marie,

thank you for the beautiful interview with Soria, who will inspirate me today when I am in a challenging time in my life. The bad new should be see as a challenge and an sign that I have to modify my plans.

Yes, I crossed the Golden Gate bright a lot of time with my bike, when I was living in SF. The most impressive time was when I finished my bike tour from Anchorage (Alaska) to SF in 1999. It is one of my favorite brights.

Jerome
    moved back to Europe in Mainz, Germany.

21. Annabelle says:

Yes, by foot, car and bike. When I lived in the Bay Area I would make it a point to walk across the bridge on New Year’s Day. 🙂

22. Cheryl Holt says:

Yes, and that bridge is really high up in the air and wow like it moves with the wind!

BTW Cherie Soria totally ROCKS! She is just cool, smart, pretty, a total inspiration. I loved your interview with her! All the work she (and her husband) have put into The Living Light Institute has made an incredible difference and continues to for the raw food world and the world at large! I really appreciated being able to listen to all she had to say & share with us. That interview is a real treasure! Thank you for making it possible! : )

23. Lisa says:

Thanks for the wonderful interview!

I’ve crossed the Golden Gate many times, since I live in the Bay Area.
    BUT, my FAVORITE thing about the Golden Gate bridge IS seeing it at a DISTANCE 2-3 times a week, around sunset. I go for a run/walk “thing” in my FAVORITE place/home:OAKLAND, California… I get up to the top of the hill in one of Oakland’s most amazing and historic places, and I look over the magnificent view of rolling hills and trees (Oakland) and buildings (also Oakland), to the Bay Bridge that connects the East Bay to S.F. On the far right of this view is the Golden Gate Bridge. And when the air is clear, and the weather is nice… you can’t HELP but feel a sense of awe.

24. Joy says:

Hi Kevin (and Anne-Marie)!

I’ve been watching your shows for several months and really appreciate your work. I’m from Australia and am traveling o/s for about 2 years. I’m going to Fort Bragg in July to do the raw chef course at Living Light. I’m in Iceland at the moment and so excited! Having said that I assume (fingers crossed!) that I’ll be crossing the Golden Gate Bridge! 🙂

Thanks again for your great work!

25. Rosa says:

I TOTALLY LOVED THE INTERVIEW WITH CHERIE SORIA! I loved her message and I hope you have opportunities to post more of those type of interviews. I have also printed out Bob Proctor’s 5 Lessons & keep them with me so that I see them all day.
    As for the SF GGBridge – thanks for the memories. I am from CA, but have been in St. Charles IL for 20 years now. Went over the bridge back in the early 60’s as a child. Do not know which un-nerved me more SF or the Mackinaw(?spelling)Bridge in Michigan!
    Take care. Looking forward to more great info.

26. Steveorino says:

Interesting interview with Cherie. She is a real treasure!
    Yes I have crossed the Golden Gate Bridge twice while on vacation several years ago. Annmarie is doing a great job driving the motor home with Johnny 5 navigating.

27. Lori says:

Thanks for the memories, yes, I’ve been across the bridge many years ago on a visit to SF, flew in and rented a car and headed north – northern CA is a whole different state! I hope you’re going north next, you’re in for a treat! By the way, enjoy seeing the cat! Mine hides beside the bed in the back while the RV is in transit but eventually comes out once we are planted somewhere. And I’m impressed with AnnMarie driving that rig! How big is it? I’d love to see how it’s “outfitted” for your traveling lifestyle. My husband and I are part-time/full-timer’s in our used but well-loved RV and need to make some changes for the next road trip at end of this year. Keep all the details coming! We learn and enjoy!

28. Susan Bessette says:

Yes I have been across the Golden Gate Bridge many times, and I will do it again in August on my way to Cherie Soria’s Culinary Arts Institute. I sure made the right choice in picking her school. The interview was great and I will listen to it again to ponder her questions about identity while I garden today. Thanks.
    Why are you letting AnnMarie do all the hard driving? I can’t imagine driving an RV, much less through SF.

29. sans says:

The golden gate bridge is a mighty one! I crossed over it several years ago on our way to hike Muir woods, then back south to santa Cruz Mountains for an amazing camping experience. Love the work you’re doing!

30. Alena Liska says:

Howdy,
    Lovely time myself going across the Golden Gate Bridge, wen to see friends in Marin, and art exhibit of Diego Rivera, Frida Kalo and their students art.

May I ask you about more tooth hygene. I started using toothsoap/ Harry’s toothpowder, because I read that the GLYCERIN in regular or health-food toothpaste doesn’t allow the teeth to reenamel themselves. This could be important for raw foodists that eat a lot of acidic foods and strip their enamel. Big question… I will search as wee and report back.
    Alena
    Herbalist, Nutrition Consultant,Lymphologist, Tree Hugger in Port Townsend WA 98368

31. peseta says:

Haven’t yet seen the video– the school where I log-on/in 5 days a week forbids adults and children to view YouTube and other bad influences, and sometimes NPR, yes this is a fee country, no typo.
    But the question made me laugh, recalling the incredibly funny lines created by Noel Coward, too subtle for the blunted tastes of the early part of this century, to be revived later along with harpsichords, a 21st century inastrument. It goes, with a straight face:
    “Have you been to the Sahara?”
    “Frequently.”
    The Brit accent helps.
    And who has driven across the GG blindfolded?

32. John Thornley says:

I have noticed that mostly women respond to your videos. I guess they must be more in tune with their bodies than most men. Or perhaps they explore more health sites on the PC than men. My sister say’s most men act like animals.

33. Karen says:

Driven??? Come on Kevin! Don’t you mean have you ever WALKED over the Golden Gate Bridge?? This is a health site! 😉 Oh, that was in 1993 – (but that must not have been me, since I am NOT that old!)

34. Laura G says:

Hey Guys-

Good interview with Cherie. Lots of good insights there. Thanks.

Yes. I crossed the GG bridge back in the summer of ’95 while visiting SF. A friend and I originally were going to follow the Dead then changed our minds at the last minute and decided to see some of the country. We drove out west from PA stopping in between. We drove a Camaro and tent camped most of the way.

I love J-5’s cameos. He makes me smile.
    My cat has a sore throat. Do you know of any safe remedies to help him?

35. Chris & Sara says:

We have driven over the bridge! Isnt it amazing. Just another sign of mans potential. If that doesnt remind us that anything is possible, I dont know what will. We are capable of sooo much. THank you Kev and Anne Marie and Sherie! What a beautiful interview and friendly reminder.

PS- There was no Image Verification when I tried to send to a friend.
    Let us know if it gets fixed, we want to SHARE THIS ONE!

Mahalo and lots of love~ (and gratitude!!)

36. natalya says:

Oh, yes, I’ve been driven through Golden Gate bridge many times. Though I live in South CA, but we drive to SF ones or twice a year to honor relics of St. John of Shanghai in San Francisco in Russian Cathedral there.

37. Christine says:

YES!!! I lived in San Francisco for a couple years and have crossed that bridge many times.

38. Geri says:

I have been to California but never crossed the bridge!
    I have to say that Johnny 5 is sooo cute! I love the way he lays on the dash and just relaxes and watches while you folks drive! Kevin, do you really read all of these posts?

39. BobMarche says:

Thanks for the useful info. It’s so interesting

40. Jos says:

Great show with Cherie. Wonderful Lady.
    Yes crossed the bridge a few times and every time it is amazing to witness such a view!
    Continue the good work.

41. CHRISTINA says:

OMG! I actually camped right in the trees behind that yellow trailer in the background! I became friends with and camped with the beautiful lady Magda who is the owner of that yellow Visionary Boutique in the background! Lol.. how funny!I am not fully RAw am just experimenting with it since the Raw Spirit festival and actually experienced a lot of the stuff Cheri is talking about while there. I think I’m onto something with this one now! I loved it!

42. Kathy Thompson says:

Yes I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge many times in 2001. As I am from a rural area, it was very scary and I hope never to have to do it again!

43. Kaylani says:

Many, many times. I love San Francisco!

44. Pamme says:

Drive across??? Why not walk across… THAT is an experience!

45. Penny says:

Hi

Do not know whether you received last message cos it told me email address not acceptable.

Anyway

I love San Fran was there 2004 the one and only time. We crossed the Golden gate bridge on the way to Yosemite via motherload.

Fantastic scenery

Penny

Crete Greece.

Scenery is fab here and the energies as very high – it is a very spiritual place

46. Gwen Forbes says:

I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge about 25 years ago. I crossed riding a 10 speed touring bike that I rode from Vancouver, Canada. It was a cool drizzly morning but it was still a thrill. I marked the end of our bike trip and we locked our bikes up in a motel room and explored San Francisco on foot; those streets are just too steep. We had about 4 day to explore and when it was time to fly home I can say that I truly left my heart in San Francisco

47. Liana says:

Yes, just once, when I was there for one of my yoga teacher trainings with Elise Browning Miller in 2006. I live near Seattle, and am not a huge fan of cities in general, but I would live near San Fran. in a heartbeat — wonder-full city! Thanks for the little front seat trip down memory lane! 🙂