A Raw Food Recipe for Cherry Chutney – The Renegade Health Show Episode #322

Wednesday Jun 3 | BY |

Annmarie loves cherries…

So naturally, this recipe for cherry chutney jumped off the page when she read it.

Today, she’ll show you how to make this awesome and divergent raw food Indian recipe!

Your question of the day: What coast do you like better in the US? East or West?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page an leave your comment now!

Here’s the raw food recipe for cherry chutney!

1 cup cherries
Small handful raisins
3 tbsp chopped onion
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp tamari
1 1/2 clove garlic
1 inch ginger
1 tbsp curry
Dash of fennel, mustard seed, cardamom, cumin, garam masala, cinnamon all ground

Instructions: Blend or use a food processor!

This recipe is from Katrina Blair’s recipe book! You can find it here: www.TurtleLakeRefuge.org

1. VERONICA says:

Thanks for posting the recipe so we do not have to write it down as you do it. Sounds terrific–although I don’t usually make anything if it involves more than 3 or 4 at the most ingredients but I may try this.

The answer to the question is definitely–
    THE WEST COAST. I lived in California for one beautiful year and I will take that any time–any day. Really miss living there even though Overland Park, KS. is almost the next best thing. Israel if first, California is next and then for right now–Overland Park, KS is the next best. Of course, I have not lived very many places.
    Blessings to you,
    Mickey Frierdich
    Colossians 3:23
    Young Living Products
    913-341-1862

2. mary says:

East FL!!
    Been to the west coast, but now I live 5 minutes from the Atlantic, instead of the middle of the country. We can drive between the Indian River AND the Atlantic and in places see both. How cool is that! Today I saw 4 dolphins and 5 manatees. Love it!

3. South, especially West Florida and SouthEast Baja California.

4. RW says:

Myrtle Beach and Daytona Beach are places to view the Atlantic Ocean up close. I’ve always wanted to explore the west coast but have never been there.

5. John Thornley says:

I grew up on the West Coast, can’t be beat. Thanks for the demo Annmarie; I won’t be buying the cook book you got the recipe from.

6. jackie says:

I vote for West!!

7. Tara Burner says:

recipe looks yummy
    and being on the east coast of FL I’ll have to say WEST Coast is better!
    More to do on West Coast, better coastlines and all in all just better!!!

8. DebB says:

West Coast!

We lived in the New England area for 8 years, but we’ve been here in beautiful Washington State for 20.

If you love the water Annmarie and Kevin loves the mountains – the west coast is the ticket!

Does it get any more beautiful than the Olympic Mountains in western Washington? (sigh)

Debbie *Ü*

9. James says:

That was fun to watch.

10. Its a bit cold in New Zealand for Cherries at the moment but when they come into season I will definitely try this recipe, Thank you so much.
    Keep the recipes coming way to go Annmarie

Raelle

11. Bill Murphy says:

I live on the East Coast of Australia and have not seen much of either USA coasts, but loved San Francisco, so I will vote for the West Coast!

I agree with Kevin, I love the mountains!

If I lived in the USA it would be Lake Tahoe, You have the mountains and the lake beaches!

Thanks Guys 🙂

Bill

12. mayart says:

i prefer WEST in general…

13. Katie says:

From the East Coast but I LOVE the West Coast 🙂 and currently living on no coast 🙁

14. Susan Bessette says:

Kevin, hold still. You were swaying.
    This recipe sounds great, I will try it today.
    My spirit needs rain and trees. I grew up in VA, but my husband was transferred to the Mojave Desert where we lived for 28 years. Upon retirement, when I got to choose, we returned to VA.
    Had we lived in Santa Barbara (our favorite escape from the desert) we would NEVER leave. But commoners do not live on the coast, or even near it.
    For my money, east coast.

15. Teri says:

Kevin, I agree Boulder is the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen but too cold too much snow for too long a season. air is perfect (not in Denver) Ann Marie! You absolutly can drive and park your Kale whale in many places on the east coast. Outter banks? Mystic Conn? Tons of place from Maine to fla. I pick the East coast, much more diversity. teri

16. Laura says:

I like the West Coast for its enlightened conscousness. These type of people seem to gravitate there. But the east coast is beautiful too. I love all the trees here on the east coast.

Thanks for the recipe. I’ve been keeping my eye out for a chutney recipe that’s healthy. I love chutneys of any flavor. So I’m sure I will be trying this one.

It’s impressive how Ann’s gotten so good in front of the camera. You go girl! 🙂

17. Renee' says:

West Coast!!! Im originally from southern CA and moved to Virginia 7 years ago. I really miss the laid back attitude of the people and the perfect weather. The east coast has beautiful season changes but its not enough to beat out the Golden State!

18. Kali Lilla says:

Yay!…Thanks for writing out the recipe! I can’t watch your videos anymore (miss ’em) because i don’t have the bandwidth, so I really appreciate it when you write content. You have such wondeful information. love it!

19. John says:

I’m going with the East Coast because the Atlantic is warmer so you can actually swim in the ocean and not freeze! California is pretty though.

20. Kat says:

WEST COAST!!!!!!!!!
    I live in Houston, Texas but my heart lives in California…especially the central coast. Thanks for your show!
    🙂
    Kat

21. Joseph says:

I enjoy the coastline on the West.
    Going to have to say I prefer the East Coast.
    Been here all my life and never had problems parking near the beach in most areas. Use to park a rather large Tractor trailer right by the beach in Brunswick GA and north on the Cape just one example.
    The Chutney sounds like something I would try just way to many ingredients for me to make.

22. Sherri says:

West coast all the way baby! Highway 101 from Mexico to Canada rocks. I lived in Brookings Oregon for afew years, and I loved being five minutes from the water. The crashing waves, the hills covered in foxglove, the smell of pine mixed with salt air, wow, wonderful memories. Enjoy your time there at the beach, it fills you with amazing energy. The cherry chutney looks so good, I can almost smell the sweet spiciness…….yum. Thank you for giving us so much of your time, and energy.

23. JT says:

Gulf coast is the best!!!

24. JT says:

Gulf coast is the best!!!
    BTW I love your blog!

25. Charlotte Cormier says:

Kevin and Annmarie,

I’ve lived on both coasts but I was born on the East coast of Canada, where we have miles and miles of the warmest beaches north of the Carolinas. Whatever coast, I need the beach! Salt water, swimming, a unique relationship with the sun! Me even have great cherries growing in our fruit fields! Delicious recipe! Thank you! Hasta manana! Charlotte Cormier cormierc@rogers.com

26. Steveorino says:

My favorite beach is on any deserted island that I anchor my sailboat off. No crowds,loud music, etc. Just the waves rolling in.

27. Jasmine says:

the west coast is the best coast.

28. Carol says:

West Coast, definitely!!!!

29. Jos says:

West Coast! no contest. I particularly love Santa Barbara, where I lived before moving to AZ. Still missing SB, the beach, the Pacific and the great weather…. after 6 years!

30. Rene Oswald says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,
    You can’t decide until you have visited our paradise in SouthEast Florida! Love it here, and there is even a hookup for your RV on the side of our house! Check out the slide show of our “Backyard Jungle” at http://www.reneoswald.com (click on “free videos” and scroll down to #44) Let us know when you’ll be here and we’ll leave the light on! The mangoes are ripe now!!
    Rene & Allan

31. Sandi says:

I have lived in So Cal most of my life, and usually by the beach. HB and Newport. But, I also have lived on Cape Cod Mass and that is one of the most beautiful places one can be. You can go 10 – 15 in any direction and end up at water. I am back in California, not by water due to the cost of real estate, but my heart will always be on Ol’ Cape Cod.

32. Brenda says:

I’m sixth generation Californian. Of course, I pick the west coast. To be fair, I must admit, I’ve only been to the Atlantic in Florida.

33. mary says:

I’ve lived on the East Coast my entire life, but have driven down the coast of California on vacation. I love being able to swim in the Atlantic and sit on a sandy beach, but must admit the views all along that coast road were spectacular. Oh, I almost forgot to mention how gorgeous the coast of Maine is too! A rocky coast, with harbor views and quaint little villages. I like ALL coasts, I guess. Thanks for the delicious sounding chutney recipe. I’ll be sure to try it as soon as cherries are at the market. Mary from NJ

34. Peg says:

hi there–we live in South Dakota–if you look on the map, you will see that there is no coast any where near here. Anyway–we are doing our best getting raw food–there are some good organic farmers here.

35. Cheryl Holt says:

The West Coast!

This was hard as I love the Florida coast line and the keys are lots of fun. The Georgia coast line near Savannah Georgia was captivatingly beautiful. I walked along the beach on Tybee Island at midnight with a full moon. That was such a special night, it was like the whole beach and ocean was lit up you could see for miles.

However, I love the west coast, the ocean, and driving along the coast line is wonderful! I just really love being by the ocean since I live in AZ. I will have to go and enjoy the east coast more.

I would have to say the west coast since it is not as humid as the east coast was during my visits and my hair is not in a bunch of wet ringlets as much on the west coast.

The ocean is beautiful, we need to continue to focus efforts at keeping the coast beautiful if not more than it already is by helping it stay clean and unpolluted. Please excuse a bit of rambling here. : )

36. Raw says:

dude, with all those spices and condiments, how can that chutney be called raw??

that receipe doesnt fit well in the raw food movement.

37. My vote would have to be for the Oregon Coast. Nothing could be more beautiful to me. The best of both worlds with mountains, tall pines and ocean. You can cruise down highway 101 with breathtaking views in every direction! Oh, and hiking, wild blueberries…ahhh! Oh, wait, why am I telling you all this!? NO, er, um, scratch that. Florida, yeah, that’s the ticket! Warm water, white beaches, sun, sun, sun…yeah! Go there! 😉

38. Karen says:

WEST COAST!!!! Whoops ~ I’ve never been to the East Coast , so guess I don’t know that for sure.
    Born and raised in Ca.. Anybody familiar with La Jolla, CA? GREAT coastline there, plenty to see and do. This place can’t be beat!
    And I think the coastline in Oregon is also worth seeing over and over

39. Patricia Autry says:

Living in the most beautiful valley in the state of california, known for its wonderful cherry trees, I would have to say the west coast.

We had our local cherry parade a couple of weeks ago.
    Wish you and anne marie could stop by and visit during this time of year.

The raw cherry chutney recipe is well received.

Thanks again for another wonderful raw recipe.

Green Blessings,
    Patricia

40. Elizabeth Deedrick says:

I was born and raised in Ft.Lauderdale,Fl. and LOVE Florida Beaches! I’ve seen beaches in Oregon,beautiful, but not swimable.

41. jason says:

Another way to pit cherries. Take a paper clip and twist it into an ‘S’ shape. Then fish the pit out with one of the hooks. You’ll have to try both the big and small sides to see which works better.