Injury Free Running and Walking Form with ChiRunning Author Danny Dreyer – The Renegade Health Show Episode #314

Friday May 22 | BY |

Today is part 2 of Danny Dreyer’s injury free running and walking lesson…

If you liked yesterday’s episode, then today’s will be even better!

Your question of the day: Go and do this exercise and tell us what you felt…

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

To find out more about Danny and ChiRunning and ChiWalking, please visit his website: www.chirunning.com

1. FoodsThatFit says:

This is AWESOME! I have heard of this running method, but haven’t actually seen a live demonstration of it. I have had knee issues in the past and I think this would be very helpful. I will be doing a long run tomorrow and will try it out!

2. Boy, did I get an education out of this clip! Thanks so much!

Connie

3. Honey says:

Thank you for this show guys! So helpful! This Danny Dreyer ROCKS. I’ve always felt like I was doing something wrong when I ran.
    Simply liberated now, so hopefully I’ll run more this time without the anxiety. Big kudos for this!

4. diana press says:

thanks kevin, that was a tremendously interesting interview, and good info! keep up the great work you’re doing–love ya!

5. Muriel says:

That video was sooo enlightning, especially the part about activating our core when walking and taking small steps so we don’t touch down with our heels first but rather with our entire foot.
    I will be practicing these demonstrations on my nightly walk with my grandaughter.
    Its never too late to learn, thanks Kevin

6. Krunsdogs says:

Wow, you took a class with Danny Dreyer. I have only the book and DVD to work with and listening to my body. Reminding myself to run through the check list to make sure I am running correctly. I have really noticed the difference in my running. I have been ChiRunning for the past 5-6 years. I highly recommend this to anyone wanting to start or improve their running/walking. I love running with my dogs and look forward to it everyday!

7. Veronique says:

Thank you so much. I will try it. I can’t wait.
    Great program.

8. Leigh-Golding says:

This is so great! I just started running and was dreading my shin splints coming back. Now I hope they wont! He has a great website and blog.

9. thanks! this makes so much sense…it may just do the trick to get me back out there after being so burned out for many years… from many years of 10K, 20K, 25K and triathlons in my past….This seems like it could be less work and more fun! I guess info shows up in one’s life just when they need it right?

10. derek moore says:

I have used MBT shoes and sandals for walking now for years, and boy what a difference you will find in your posture and muscular strength. I walk every morning doing 4 miles in 1 hourwhich I don’t think is bad for a 66 yr old guy. I never use treadmills(not natural) Take a look at this link for great info on how one should be walking in a great more detail than above
    I don’t know whether you guys in the states have available stores which stock them, but sure you coull buy online, although you really need to have them fitted by an expert

11. watzzupsport says:

I like what he is saying it goes very much very much along the lines of the POSE method of running by Dr.Nicholas Romanov to which I practice , I would also add that by the falling forward and well defined forefoot heel lift placement I have discarded conventional running shoes and practice bare foot running and the use of Huarache running sandals.

12. Lisa Gill says:

Wow! Had an awesome 13 mile run this morning, practicing this method of running for a good portion of it. It did feel effortless at times. of course it was still 13 miles and there were some pretty good hills to contend with, Thanks for this video. It came at a perfect time.

13. Casey says:

Another shoe company that focuses on keeping the runner moving forward and not on their heels is Newton http://www.newtonrunning.com. the toes/forefoot is higher then the heel, to promote you staying forward and making shorter steps. Also a great company with super customer service!

14. Laura says:

I don’t run, I walk, and it always feels awkward to do it his way. I believe him though and I figure I must be doing it wrong.
    I guess I’ll check out his website.

I was stunned to hear him say he is just about 60 years old. He looks so much younger.
    Amazing. Is he a raw foodie???

15. Tess says:

Thanks do much for this informative video. My sister is a big runner and I have never felt comfortable running. My knees always hurt and my insides got all jumbly. I tried chi running and the first time out I was able to run 2 miles with no pain and alot of ease!

16. Effortless running ,can’t wait to try it.Great new information.Always looking for something new.Thanks Kevin.Will be looking for you at the Raw Spirit Fest.

17. Carolyn says:

Hi Kevin,

Downloaded you book High Raw last tuesday and I am almost finished with it. Thanks so much for all the great information. It is just what I needed to help me with my quest for going at least 80% raw.

18. Koa says:

Even you sound a little bored, Kevin. He coulda said it all in 2 minutes. That’s what I like about you and David Wolfe. High powered, high speed. Succinct. You can tell who is a raw fooder.

19. Angela says:

Thanks so much! I’ve followed Danny D. for a while, and I REALLY needed a refresher. This morning as I was out run/walking on a trail I thought how NOW this all fits together: Follow a NATURAL diet, a NATURAL way of exerciese,—and we live more in tune with nature; it can’t help but make the planet a greener, better place!
    ~angela

20. Lisa says:

I can already see how I rush when I walk and stop my heel like he showed. I noticed this recently when I saw the heel of my shoe wearing out. Can’t wait to try my new gait and will let you know on the running. Sent to all my triathalon friends too! I like this one! Thanks!

21. Barbara says:

This show really helped me improve my form while walking. I was a heel walker and am now working on improving that.

22. Bill says:

In response to Koa (comment 18) – according to that logic, all of those obnoxious used car dealers I used to see on TV must be raw fooders too!
    (No offense meant to Kevin and David)