Simple Techniques to Relieve Pain Naturally – The Renegade Health Show Episode #306

Tuesday May 12 | BY |

In this episode, I interview Bobby Waddell, co-author of “Relieving Pain Naturally”…

Ann and I enjoyed this interview a bunch because Bobby is pretty much a firecracker (which I think you’ll be able to tell from the clips!).

Anyway, in this interview she tells how she relieved her own pain as well has her own mental attitude when it comes to pain.

Take a watch…

Your question of the day: What did you think of the interview?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

If you have any pain, I recommend checking out the book “Relieving Pain Naturally” since it is a resource book for all types of pain and how to treat them naturally! www.relievingpainnaturally.com

Also, please be sure to download the “High Raw” book today… www.GoHighRaw.com

1. dede says:

a problem is the opportunity for a solution – – great way to look at it…

2. Melissa says:

I thought this was an interesting interview overall, and I definitely took away my .1% ( that exercise is good for you and attitude too), but I really wish we could have heard more details about what specifically she did. Not meaning to sound ungrateful, just giving my honest feedback.:-)

3. John Thornley says:

She watch’s David Letterman before going to bed; I go through a joke book, and get some good laughs before I go to bed.

4. CINDY says:

thanks for the e-book I WILL START TO READ IT TOMMORROW. I POSTED THIS RECIPE DOWN BELOW WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE Lorann Marshmallow Concentrated Oil?

This raw version is from my upcoming book, Entertaining in the Raw. I’ve been working on a slightly varied version this week, for the opening of Cafe 118 in Winter Park, Florida.
    Its really not necessary to assemble the dish – the components are fine on their own or simple in the hands of guests who can add whatever quanities they like to create their own balance.
    RAW SMORES
    Serves 4–6

Graham Cookie
    5 cups cashew flour
    2 1/2 cups oat flour
    3/4 cup water
    1 3/4 cups maple syrup
    2 tablespoons vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    2 tablespoons cinnamon
    Cookie Instructions
    Mix ingredients in medium size bowl by hand. Spread flat on dehydrator screens, about 1/8? thick. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 4 hours. Make an incision with the back of a knife for six rectangles. Dehydrate another 6 hours and separate the pieces. Keep well sealed, at room temperature until ready to serve.

marshmallow crème
    2 cups cashews, soaked
    1 cup coconut meat
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup agave
    1/4 cup coconut oil
    1 small bottle Lorann Marshmallow Concentrated Oil
    Instructions for Creme
    Blend until smooth in Vita-Mix. Pour into plastic lined half sheet pan; refrigerate overnight or freeze if prepared 1–2 hours prior to serving.

Dark Chocolate Butter
    4 cups maple syrup
    2 1/2 cups cocoa powder
    2 cups coconut oil
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    Butter Instructins
    Whisk all ingredients in large bowl. Blend in batches in Vita-mix. Pour into half sheet pan and store in freezer.
    ASSEMBLY
    2 tbs. cinnamon
    Bring Crème to room temperature at least 20 minutes prior to serving. Warm chocolate and grahams slightly in dehydrator.
    Lie one graham on a plate. Carefully spread a generous amount of marshmallow crème on top and pour an even more generous amount of chocolate over that, allowing it to slightly run off onto the plate. Set another graham on top, but off center, exposing the crème and chocolate. Sprinkle the plate with cinnamon powder.

5. Muriel says:

I have found that prayer, meditation, yoga and cardio exercises, along with good nutrition and regular sleep patterns, all of these habits are part of a very healthy and balanced lifestyle.
    I think Bobby is trying to tell us that we create our own journey with the choices we make. When presented with lemons, make lemonade.

6. David says:

Kevin, loved the interview … Chinese philosophy suggests that ‘any’ pain in the body is a blockage of energy (chi). Chi is the life force that is in all (natural) things and sustains us; when it gets stuck/blocked in some way, our health is affected.

Dr. John Diamond’s book “Life Energy” links this Chi flowing through meridians with emotions. The book provides positive affirmations that can help to override/unblock stuck meridians. I have used the Daily Affirmation Program described there with great success. With practice you can buzz up you energy flow using just your mind.

Re: Exercise, we are creatures of motion. Every other animal’s longevity is directly tied to their mobility. Why should we think we are any different? And it generally takes a little energy (chi) to move your energy.

Re: Meditation, there simple are ways to turn a walk/hike or run into a moving meditation. I would suggest that a meditation is a practice of focusing of the mind (vs. an emptying). Ask me to sit in a room and focus on nothing or my breath … very difficult. Ask me to be in motion and focus on how I am moving, that I can do. The West is an environment of action/doing (motion) whereas the East knows to balance movement and stillness. What if you could be in motion, yet still in the mind … physical and mental benefits at the same time!

Thanks – love the variety of topics and exposure to new and supporting points of view.
    D.

7. catherine says:

What do I think of the interview with
    Bobby Waddell, co-author of “Relieving Pain Naturally”… Well if I were in pain I would not go to her. The reason is because she could not explain how I could relieve my pain. Perhaps in the book, more concrete informationis given. She obviously can relieve her own pain, but cannot get this across to someone else at least face to face, or in this interview. To me it was simply a waste of time to watch and listen to this. Maybe I am a little to critical because I couldnever leave a person with the same information they came with and nothing they can use. I feel she really does not have any abality to pass what ever she know to someone else. This interview was too shallow for me.

catherine

8. Penny Taylor says:

Shes lucky she doesnt live in England. I was in an accident once and meditated and prayed so the pain wasnt so bad. (I didnt want to worry my husband, kids and grandkids.)
    They sent me to the mental hospital

9. Eva says:

it was good, I loved her last comment SOLUTION Eva

10. Nancy says:

Great interview, at first I thought she wasn’t forthcoming, but then it all clicked. I have a got of work to do.
    Penny, I am so sorry for your experience, I hope that was a long time ago and things have changed.

11. linda says:

I love all the other clips, but this one was very disappointing. Over and over she said “what can I say?”, “I don’t know”…”charging on through” ?? Please… Absolutely nothing that would interest me in buying the book. Exercise? Acupunture? The video was half over before she even mentioned those. Nothing new here. Just “don’t get depressed” – do I say that to someone who suffers horrible pain. How is that accomplished? Sorry to be negative, but this was very disappointing.

12. David says:

hey keven do you have a buddt yet for the detox program?

13. Wellness says:

I drink milk everyday to keep healthy.

14. sye says:

She was cute. I thought she had some good tips and a good attitude.

15. Tara Burner says:

Honestly I only half listened 🙁
    sorry but she didn’t really explain specifics or anything on relieving pain…besides doing yoga and few other things (mind set, etc.) but I just wasn’t into this clip…sorry…
    maybe because if/when I have pain (which would normally be a chemical fragrance induced migraine) I just deal with it and not focus on it, nor do I ‘take anything’ for it…just go about my day…so I’m probably not a good one to judge here on what I took away from the interview.

16. sorry, I must agree with the majority here, not too much information offered that was new. I listened to the entire thing, nothing.

• Kevin Gianni Kevin Gianni says:

Thanks for your comments on this guys! I’m going to ask for interview feedback on most of them now, so I can get a better idea about what you want to hear!

17. nancy says:

not to interesting or informative. I have RA pain, so was looking to learn how I could better deal with that, but didn’t. Lots of laughter, but not much info.

18. Don says:

hey, Kevin
    new to your site but enjoying it very much! did she touch on incorperating anti inflamatory foods into her diet?
    she reminded me of my late grandmother, I’m sure she was quite enjoyable to visit with.
    keep up the good work, maybe some day we will cross pathes.
    Don

19. Dianne Rohr says:

I am in agreement with everything Catherine said. Nice lady, but I found the interview pointless. No idea what she has suggests for pain relief, especially chronic pain. A meandering, unfocused interview. Looks like she did not do her homework and prepare for the interview.

20. Bette says:

Was good. She is quite a gal.

Kevin, at some point, I would love for you to address what you and I spoke of at Bonobos….the emotional component of raw life. The idea of getting more sensitive. I have been reading your book and not come across that yet.

I look forward to that..Best, Bette p.s. Happy time in Boulder(I left my heart there..haha)

21. John says:

She is a firecracker! I enjoyed the interview, she seems like a great lady.

There is one question I’ve been meaning to ask you about. I’m a little confused about oxidation – and maybe I’m getting some terms mixed up here but I’ve read and heard that antioxidants are one of the greatest things for your health and then I also hear that no disease can live in an oxygen rich environment. These seem to contradict each other. What am I missing here? Thanks!

22. Cindy says:

Got rid of the Fibromyalgia I had 11 years ago through changing my diet.
    Thanks for the great info Kevin and Annmarie.

23. In line with my stated idea that a problem is an opportunity for a solution, let me address the concerns of several commenters that my interview lacked specificity and depth. I would like to point out that what ended up in the nine-minute podcast shown online was only a small portion of the original, much longer interview that did contain helpful information on specific treatments, including acupuncture, kinesiology, and yoga, among others.

In the longer version, I also mentioned that clinical studies were listed in the Treatments sections, and noted that it was sometimes necessary for me to scroll online through as many as eighty clinical studies on a single topic in order to find relevant studies for each therapy that had them (no aromatherapy studies, for obvious reasons). Although greatly facilitated by the helpful staff at the National Library of Medicine, this labor-intensive Internet quest took several months to complete while also busy finishing up the other parts of our book that my co-author and I spent four years putting together.

Before questioning the book’s usefulness, may I suggest a visit to its large website: http://www.relievingpainnaturally.com. It contains two complete chapters, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for the Conditions portion of the book, and Applied Kinesiology for the Treatments section. As with all 37 Conditions and 27 Treatments in the book, a visitor to the site will see that these contain very specific, useful, and accessible information for the relief of ongoing, chronic pain without the use of drugs or surgery.

Further, in the book’s back matter, the Resources section contains support organizations for each entry, followed by References for each, plus a full Index. For easier access, each entry is cross-referenced (listing what Treatments are best for the Condition and vice versa), and there is a Quick Help Chart at the front. We are proud of this book and think those searching to relieve their pain naturally will find it extremely useful.

Bobby Waddell

24. Marie says:

I’m a bit behind on my video watching but I liked this episode. I liked Bobby’s personality on this video. I was surprised that so many viewers were so negative.

25. MARY THOMAS says:

HOW OLD IS THIS WONDERFUL WOMAN?

26. MARY THOMAS says:

HOW OLD IS THIS LOVELY LADY?