Swine Flu (Or Any Flu!) Immune System Boosting Ideas – The Renegade Health Show Episode #296

Tuesday Apr 28 | BY |

Today I’m going to recap what was covered on last night’s call with Dr. Williams’ on swine flu…

Particularly how to boost the immune system and how to deal with an over active immune reaction.

Some people thought I was being alarmist with the Dr. Williams call, and I respect their opinions.

Where I disagree is when it was suggested that I was being negative about the situation.

In fact I’m bring quite positive. What’s better than knowing what to do when a situation arises? This way you can be in a possition to be a hero.

Now that’s positive! 🙂

Take a look at what I’ve outlined here…

Your question of the day: What are your thoughts on Swine Flu or any pandemic?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and post your thoughts on the swine flu news…

To register for the 2 hour call with Dr. Williams where we’ll cover all the tips and protocols to prevent and treat viral infections from his experiences working with tribes and patients over the last 30 years, visit this page:

1. Barbara says:

Thanks for covering this. I listened in on the webcast last night and I don’t think you are being alarmist or negative, in fact, I find your approach calming compared to the mainstream media. I am very concerned about the potential ramifications of this situation should it worsen.

2. Maxwell says:

visit
    vitamin C is amazing for immune response
    truely amazing

3. Nicole says:

I live in San Diego which is only 10 minutes from the border of Mexico. We have a lot of Hispanics that commute back and forth from Mexico so I do get a bit nervous that we have a higher risk of catching the Swine Flu. I’m not nervous for myself but more for my children. I don’t think it would kill them, I just hate to have them get really sick with the flu.

4. karen says:

I am concerned because I have kids in a school with over 1,200 students!

5. Kim says:

Hi Kevin,

I do not think you were acting like an alarmist, not at all. I definitely agree with you – knowledge is power. I would much rather have the information you and Dr. Williams shared than fall blindly for a vaccine.

Keep up the good work!

Kim~

6. KEEP YOUR BODY ALKALINE That is key to any sickness Even the anti-biotics docs push on us is acidic

7. stephanie trager says:

Thanks for stepping up and informing! I don’t think it’s alarmist at all. In fact, I just heard about this like yesterday-amazing how I keep my head outa the news living in NYC! But it’s good to know that fellow wellness warriors are concerned hence, perhaps I could be too.

At first I thought Purell was trying to raise sales but hey if the Gianni’s are talking about it, maybe it’s for real.

I’ve been juicing fresh tumeric root with my greens daily! It’s got that curcumin in it’s whole food form! Happy health!

8. drcee says:

What you are seeing is the power of indoctrination and propaganda.

A cold is a body healing effort to lower the level of toxemia ( poisons and toxins ) in the body to restore health. A cold is not caused by some bogus rinovirus.

A flu us a more energetic body healing effort to lower the level of toxemia in the body, restore better health, and prolong your life. The flu may be developed, you may have a flu, but the flu cannot be transmitted nor caught from someone else. The flu is not the result of exposure to some bogus virus. A viral particle is fragment of genetic material wrapped in a protein coat which is always dead. The viral particle is always the remenant of cellular death. No scientist of any credentials has ever seen a live virus because it does not exist.

Now, sit back and watch how the sheeple respond to the fears generated by the medical monopoly. You may laugh if you wish.

DrCee
    You cannot secure nor restore health with pus or poisons.

9. novek says:

The question was are you concerned about the Swine Flu?

10. Brendon says:

Nah, I’m not concerned.
    I don’t think it’s that serious, if it goes Level 6 I’ll admit something’s up but until then…
    I just think the media is hyping it.

11. Cindy says:

Oh my gosh Kevin!! An alarmist? Please — do you have car insurance? Life insurance, any kind of insurance? Why? Because you are an alarmist? So worried that something bad will happen? That is SO INSANE! I’ve even gotten that from people not wanting me to eat raw – like it’s such an extreme thing to do, I shouldn’t worry so much about my health like that! :p don’t listen to it!!

P.S. anyway, thanks for the info!

12. Laurie says:

I learned something terrific over the weekend.
    To both stretch AND strengthen your probiotic pills, dissolve 1-2 pills in a glass of warm (bath temperature) water with at least 1 teaspoon of sugar, honey or maple syrup (I don’t think agave will work because of its low glycemic value but I’m not sure). Let sit in a warm place for a day or so. Drink (probably 1/2 glass or less will be enough if you use 2 pills…use it for 2-3 doses). This will be much more potent than your normal probiotics, esp. if kept warm because it multiplies rapidly.

13. John Thornley says:

No swine flu here in Flagstaff,AZ, and I’m not buying anything from Mexico. Stay away swine flu!

14. I agree,start building your immune system now!
    People who are topped up in probiotics, lots of enzymes (and therefore low inflammation),
    will be less likely to be infected with any virus.
    At a high risk time like this, my recomendation’s, especially for “viral” is
    Oregano Oil, I have found it to be extremely effective, it’s potent, and if you take the drops, start with them in water, as it is very spicy/hot to the tongue. Also, for inflammation and auto-immune…two things you
    can research that I recommend are:
    – sterols and sterolins, New Roots company in Canada is a good source, and this will “regulate” the immune system, not turn it onto itself. Avoid Echinacea for auto-immune problems. Also Serrapeptase from the silkworm is a fabulour anti-inflammatory and “enzyme cleaner”.

I agree with Kevin…build now…and your worries are decreased.
    Annette
    Vibrant Health

15. Cherie says:

Hi Kevin, that swine flu link has a nice book offer but no place to register for the call. I liked the hour call with Dr Williams. I felt much better about how to be prepared , thanks

16. mary kay says:

Annette – Thanks for all the tips.

Kevin – I don’t think you’re being overreactive at all. Thanks again.

Mary Kay

17. geri says:

I am worried about the flu. Not just for myself but my kids and my 87 year old mom. What time is the call if I live in Hawaii? Or what time do I tune in to listen here? thanks

18. kate says:

I think the swine flu was genetically engineered in a lab and unleashed to the public. We’re supposed to believe that north american bird flu combined with european and asian swine flu, then moved to humans, when there is no evidence of any swine that served as a vector? It’s out of season for flu, it’s pattern of spread is suspicious, and the US was accused by Indonesia’s health minister in Februrary of planning to cook up a new flu strain. It would not be the first time they tampered with viruses. Then the government puts Baxter labs in charge of developing a vaccine, the same lab that “accidentally” sent out bird flu-contaminated vaccines to 19 countries around the world several weeks ago. Unbelievable. Look at the evidence that’s out there. We should be concerned, and not just with the disease itself. Where are all the virologists studying the cause? Why are they not saying anything? These viruses are traceable.

19. John says:

I’m a little concerned. I think the odds of swine/bird/human virus coming together like this are pretty minuscule to say the least, I believe this comes from a lab. Stay healthy and keep Colloidal Silver, Oregano Oil (as Annette suggested), Vitamin D and C on hand to combat any illness!

20. Brittni says:

When I was Younger I got my blood tested. they pricked my finger and put a little blood on a slide and put it into this computer thing. and magnified it and showed it on a Tv Screen!

it was soo cool to watch. I was just getting over a cold. and I could see these little ‘rods’ going around in the blood. so I asked the person what it was. they said it was the virus I was getting over! very interesting! and I could also see the regular blood cells. and also the white blood cells attacking and killing the little rods.. Super cool. anyways (I wanna get my blood done again. it was beyond cool to watch!) So I guess thats what the virus looks like? By there shape I can see how they can fit there little ‘bodies’ into placed. like you said in the video.

Have you heard about how its impossible for Bird Flu, Pig Flu and Human flu to mix outside a lab? creepy.

I personally wouldn’t trust any ‘Immunizations’ they put out. Flu Shots are super dangerous! (shots are also.. all my cousins reacted seriously to them. I didn’t end up getting any shots. and I Rarely get sick. if I do its for 3 days. with only one REALLY sick day.)

21. Didiydi says:

Hi Kev,
    About being alarmist- I think now is the time you start thinking outside of info we are being fed on a silver plate. Inform yourself on how media/govt manipulates people, then furthermore about illuminaties, reptiles and how they feed on fear. Is it by accident that in time of economic collapse there’s another “incurrable deadly disease”? (that killed 2 people so far lol).
    Then you might understand how information is being “served” to us to scare people more, and ask yourself what is the information worth spreading and do you have to pick up on everything they say on 10 o’clock news. Or just simply ignore the idiots. Turn it around. Talk about the theory of pleomorphysm by Bechamp and how the Paster theory that we can “catch” viruses could be utterly false. How when AIDS virus is dilluted- we all have it.
    Instead of spreading the fear, you can empower people because that’s what we are. Very powerful race and we will thrive no matter what they throw at us.
    Peace.

22. Jeni says:

Hi Kevin

I do not think you are being an alarmist at all. Most poeple who say that live on FEAR not education.

When I was made ill medically I could not even stand sunlight thru the window it made my eyes water so much – so echinecia( dr richard schulze brand), tea tree and eucaluptus were my best friends for a year. I was juicing so had load of fresh vit C.

I question whether poeple actually have strong immune system who have got ill, as most people have such a bad diet that would make yor immune system crash at the first sign of bad virus to hit you from anywhere. the caffiene, sugar, achohol etc,.. are the worst things that most people live off.

My question to you has any raw foodist been hit with this flu? how long did it take for them to recover?

23. kristine says:

Hi

I wasn’t too worried about this either. I thought I would be an alarmist too. And thought all of this hype had more to do with the vaccine companies take advantage of a great opportunity. THEN my roommate said she was having her nephew stay over. He’s on his way on the bus from Mexico City. WHOA!
    Yeah, so I’d like to be prepared.

24. Matthew Lake says:

– Vitamin D3 (helps modulate te immune system and essentially making the immune system ‘smarter’ so it knows when to down regulate immune cells. It also increases natural peptides which kill viruses, these are called LL37 and are part of out innate immune system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D . It’s thought that the reason why most people now get sick in the winter is because of low levels of vitamin D3, certainly more important in preventing disease than vitamin C.

EGCG – Found in Green teas. This compound is able to prevent viral infection by boosting the immune system so its ‘on alert’ and it also actually prevents viral replication of the flu virus. It also works for common cold. I drink about 10 cups of this a day myself for a few yeras now.

Resveratrol – Again if you pubmed resveratrol you’ll see it can directly inhibit viral replication of influenza viruses and common cold.

Lactoferrin – produced at many areas of our body especially tear ducts, mouth, sex organs and is one of the first line of defense against bacteria and viruses. Research this! It can be found in things like ‘whey protein’ or can be bought as a stand alone supplement. (by the way, whey protein also increases glutathione levels which is a master antioxidant and big part of the immune system).

Whey protein (explained above)

DIM (might be a good anti viral + immune system booster, it’s found in things like kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli etc)

Beta glucans?

Allimax or fresh crushed garlic (double placebo controlled trial showed effective for colds, not sure data on flu though).

Quercetin was found to reduce symptoms of flu in animal models. It also can prevent illness if you’re fatigued by restoring immune function.

I done a post on this a while back with some references you might want to check out

25. NARESHKUMAR says:

iam doing meditation from my chieldish,now become a good astrologer,from my grand father to me we are good astrologers&herbalists,i think swine flu stops breething,i think it suffers lungs,to stop swine flu i have ideas,
    1.identifing swine flu suffering people
    2.according to ayurvedha there is yoga called bashpa yoga that prevents us from swine flu.

26. Joy says:

Not really worried about it. Go to
    http://www.miraclemineral.org and read up about this inexpensive mineral that will fix
    just about anything.

27. Zen Dood says:

I am so thankful for RHS!!

28. Dede Mc says:

Hi totally agree that we need to be aware and on top of this swine flu epidemic that is threatening us.
    My immune system has hit bottom and I continually try to keep boosting myself with raw fruits and veggies so I won’t get the flu or pneumonia. The doc told me that because of my past history of RA and cancer..with the meds I have been on..prednisone for instance….my immune system is at big rime risk. I want to know things that can help me so I can help myself! No one can understand how scary it is when you get sick and you struggle to just make it to a norm again.
    Thank you for your information…I do appreciate your efforts in helping us all.
    your faithful reader….
    dede mc

29. Matthew Lake says:

In addition to the reference of the double blind placebo controlled trials I cited o my blog, heres a bit bit more research I did showing the mechanistic reaons why Green tea works. Found 3 studies on PUBMED (peer reviewed) that seem to show the Green Tea is quite effective at inhibiting many types of influenza, human flu as well as Avian flu (which swine is 2 parts swine, avian and human).

Antiviral effect of catechins in green tea on influenza virus.

Polyphenolic compound catechins ((-)-epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), (-)-epicatechin gallate (ECG) and (-)-epigallocatechin (EGC)) from green tea were evaluated for their ability to inhibit influenza virus replication in cell culture and for potentially direct virucidal effect. Among the test compounds, the EGCG and ECG were found to be potent inhibitors of influenza virus replication in MDCK cell culture and this effect was observed in all influenza virus subtypes tested, including A/H1N1, A/H3N2 and B virus. The 50% effective inhibition concentration (EC50) of EGCG, ECG, and EGC for influenza A virus were 22-28, 22-40 and 309-318 microM, respectively. EGCG and ECG exhibited hemagglutination inhibition activity, EGCG being more effective. However, the sensitivity in hemagglutination inhibition was widely different among three different subtypes of influenza viruses tested. Quantitative RT-PCR analysis revealed that, at high concentration, EGCG and ECG also suppressed viral RNA synthesis in MDCK cells whereas EGC failed to show similar effect. Similarly, EGCG and ECG inhibited the neuraminidase activity more effectively than the EGC. The results show that the 3-galloyl group of catechin skeleton plays an important role on the observed antiviral activity, whereas the 5′-OH at the trihydroxy benzyl moiety at 2-position plays a minor role. The results, along with the HA type-specific effect, suggest that the antiviral effect of catechins on influenza virus is mediated not only by specific interaction with HA, but altering the physical properties of viral membrane.

Inhibition of the infectivity of influenza virus by tea polyphenols.

(-)Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg) and theaflavin digallate (TF3) (1-10 microM) inhibited the infectivity of both influenza A virus and influenza B virus in Madin-Darby canine kidney (MDCK) cells in vitro. Study by electron microscope revealed that EGCg and TF3 (1 mM) agglutinated influenza viruses as well as did antibody, and that they prevented the viruses from adsorbing to MDCK cells. EGCg and TF3 more weakly inhibited adsorption of the viruses to MDCK cells. EGCg and TF3 (1-16 microM) also inhibited haemagglutination by influenza viruses. These findings suggest that tea polyphenols bind to the haemagglutinin of influenza virus, inhibit its adsorption to MDCK cells, and thus block its infectivity

Biological evaluation of anti-influenza viral activity of semi-synthetic catechin derivatives.
    Song JM, Park KD, Lee KH, Byun YH, Park JH, Kim SH, Kim JH, Seong BL.
    PMID: 17709148

Catechin derivatives with different alkyl chain length and aromatic ring substitutions at the 3-hydroxyl group were synthesized from epigallocatechin (EGC) and (+)-catechin (C) and their anti-influenza viral activity were evaluated in vitro and in ovo. Pronounced antiviral activity was observed for derivatives carrying moderate chain length (7-9 carbons) as compared to those with aromatic rings, whereas the 5′-hydroxyl group of the trihydroxy benzyl moiety did not significantly contribute to antiviral activity. The derivatives exerted inhibitory effects for all six influenza subtypes tested including three major types of currently circulating human influenza viruses (A/H1N1, A/H3N2 and B type), H2N2 and H9N2 avian influenza virus. The compounds strongly inhibited adsorption of the viruses on red blood cell (RBC). They also restricted the growth of avian influenza virus in ovo with minimum inhibition concentration (MIC) of 5-10 microM far exceeding the neuraminidase (NA) inhibitor oseltamivir or M2 proton channel inhibitor amantadine. The antiviral activity appears to be mediated by interaction with hemagglutinin (HA)/viral membrane rendering HA less fusogenic at the initial stage of infection. The broad spectrum activity against various subtypes of influenza viruses may complement the limitations of current antivirals and contribute for managing potentially emerging influenza pandemic. The structure-activity data of catechin derivatives may usefully guideline future research endeavors for applying green tea catechins as alternative anti-viral agents.

There also seems to be another component of tea that promotes resistance infections and that is L-Theanine.

“The researchers then stimulated an infection by mixing the cells with bacteria. Once infected, the exposed cells mounted a significantly stronger immune response. The gamma delta T cells with ethylamine multiplied up to 10-fold and thus produced high levels of disease-fighting chemicals”

“. Specifically, when blood samples were analyzed, the researchers found that the tea drinkers made up to five-fold higher amounts of anti-bacterial proteins – an indicator of a stronger immune response.”

[Matt; This could possibly both prevent viral replication and secondary bacteria pnuemonia if you were to get the virus).

Good show Kevin, always watch it!

30. Joseph says:

I am not concerned.
    Do not get caught up in media hype.
    Will only be concerned if something ever affects myself or someone close to me.
    My opinion is allot of this is man made to do who knows what?

31. Annabelle says:

Thanks Kevin for this timely and very relevant topic. I am concerned because I believe it is better to be “safe rather than sorry”.

Being prepared and sharing our knowledge is key to thriving in any circumstance. Thank you to all who post and share their helpful information.

With the understanding that there may be hype from those who want to profit, I keep a little skeptical about any “miracle” tonic being sold.

On the brighter side, we are at the end of the flu season, and for us in the Northern hemisphere we will be getting more free sunshine (vitamin D) over the next few months and into Summer.

Having a nice natural tan may become very popular. 🙂

Be Well

32. I realize many people have a hard time believing in conspiracy theories. But nonetheless things continue happening around the world reguardless of our knowledge of their existance or not. The best we can do is expect the best and prepare for the worst. Learn to get along with each other and live somewhat of a sacrificial lifestyle. By that I mean considering the needs of the many over our own personal wants and desires. Just getting along with one another and helping out when and where we can according to the gifts and abilities we each have. Without thought of what’s in it for me. You guys do a tremendous job by putting up this blog and ask little to nothing in return for all the exhaustive information you send out. Thanks so much for all that you do. I wish you continued health, happiness, and prosperity as you move forward in your efforts to “change the health of the world one show at a time.”

33. Raquel says:

What a great vid. I just started taking a great liquid vitamin that has a formula within it to help the immune system.

I agree that your vid was much more calming than the media mainstream. Thanks for posting!

34. sonja says:

I am not yet concerned. I have read various articles about this. The interesting point is that it does not seem to affect people who are usually vulnerable. I am also concerned that people really start to overdo it in terms of being prepared, really charging up their immune system. I will continue as normal, and only if there is anything in my vicinity will I take extra supplements for immunity.
    That said, I think the more info you have the better you are able to cope in an emergency.

35. Cherie says:

The list list http://www.renegaderoundtable.com/swineflu takes me only to a book offer. How to I get to the 2 hour call?

36. Kathie says:

Thanks’ Kevin for your support.Your updates on the flu are very important.
    I am concerned for my family.

37. Kevin: You may want to check out this website of Dr. Mercola’s. It’s about Vitamin D3 and it’s use for various illnesses including flu, cancer, etc.

Hope this will offer some helpful information.

38. Hey Kevin! Thanks for the recap vid. I am not too concerned yet, but definitely taking more precautions to avoid infection… @HolisticMom

39. Irina says:

Not concerned yet – so far it’s mostly media hype and propaganda. Perhaps they need to unload some vaccines and tamiflu to improve their bottom line? Cannot believe everything media tells you – they love drama and love playing into our worst fears and nightmares. I will continue with my normal routine, but will keep VitD,C and homeopathic anti-flu remedies on hand (the same thing I do every flu season anyway).

40. Susan Bessette says:

I am not concerned about swine flu yet. Each year 300,000 of us get the flu, and 30,000 die. That is what passes for “normal”. When we double that number, then I will worry.

41. Bobbie says:

Hey thanks for all of the good advice. It really does help when you think about actually being able to prevent from getting sick with the latest scourge.
    I’ve recently gotten some suggestions from a couple of wisewomen which include:
    “a mixture of equal parts as a tea 3 times a day, Yarrow, Elderflowers and thyme.
    Also Elderberry syrup will help with preventing the virus and helps build the immune system.
    Grating ginger in the tea plus honey coats the throat.
    Lobelia tincture is helpful for muscle spasms. Especially for when you can’t stop coughing, just take a few drops of lobelia and drizzle down the throat and let it sit there before swallowing.
    Sinus pressure points on the eyebrows, back of the neck, and base of the skull are stimulated by pressing until uncomfortable and then rubbed to stimulated draining so they don’t congest.
    Nettle and oatstraw infusion promote healing from essential minerals they contain.” I found this advice from Tina and Sue to be very helpful, so I thought I’d post it here.

42. Oriole says:

Hi Kevin, Just wanted to tell you about what Marijah McCain, microbiologist and master herbal healer and owner of http://www.herbalhealer.com described as the reason the swine flu of 1918 killed people with strong immune systems, and left the weaker ones behind (also why you might want to treat with herbal anti- biotics & anti-inflamatories (garlic,oregano,etc) rather than immune system boosters (beta glucans,etc)

Heres an excerpt from her recent newsletter alert:THE SWINE – H1N1 FLU – CYTOKINE STORM
    This flu is different than other flus. You must pay attention here! CDC officials detected a virus with a unique combination of gene segments that have not been seen in people or pigs before. The bug contains human virus, avian virus from North America and pig viruses from North America, Europe and Asia.

Deaths from the Mexican influenza epidemic have the cytokine storm pattern of young, healthy adults. Inflammatory cytokines can be blocked by anti-inflammatory foods. The swine flu epidemic centered in Mexico City appears to be a modern replay of the Spanish influenza epidemic of 1918-19. Infants and elderly were spared. It was the young adults with robust immune systems that were the prime victims and the disease took them literally by storm.

Cytokine Storm — Immune System out of Control. The Spanish flu killed by producing a virulent immune response with production of large amounts of the immune system hormones, the inflammatory cytokines IL-1, IL-6 and TNF. These are the cytokines associated with the symptoms of infection, fever, fluid
    retention/swelling, malaise, headache, etc. These are the inflammatory symptoms that normally transition into recovery, but in the case of swine flu, additional cytokines are produced, including anti-inflammatory IL-10. The problem appears to be that the sudden IL-10 signaling disrupts the natural transition from inflammation to recovery and the inflammatory signaling becomes acute and life-threatening.

Acute Inflammation Kills by Fluid in Lungs — The swine flu epidemics in Spain and once again in Mexico kill by immunological inflammation that causes fluid to accumulate in lungs, i.e. acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) triggered by a cytokine storm.

This type of organ failure is similar to the consequences of systemic infection, septicemia. These severe infections initiate an acute inflammatory response that may be very dangerous, but in many ways their similarity to swine flu symptoms may be fortuitous. Treatment for cytokine mediated multiple organ failure may provide some possible approaches to the treatment of swine flu.

Anytime there is fluid build-up you must flush the kidneys. The best product to use is the Dr. Chi’s Asparagus Extract – 1 packet in a cup of water twice a day if you have fluid build up. You can also use the KB herbal Diuretic or the UT Clear capsules, but my preference is the Asparagus. This is also helpful in removing
    fluid from congestive heart failure.

If there is difficulty breathing with an onset of bronchial asthma, use the Germanium – 1 three times a day and OxyPower – 1 twice a day.

The next vital organ that needs to be detoxed and protected is the liver. Use the Dr. Chi’s Liver Chi or the 4-Herb Tea for this at least 2 times a day.
    Many times at the first on-set of any cold or flu if you will take the Liver Chi or 4-Herb Tea you can avoid it altogether!

Anti-inflammatory Treatment for Swine Flu – IMPORTANT!!! — Cytokine storms associated with sepsis and ARDS have been treated by forcing progression of the inflammatory process into its recovery phase. Some of the most effective approaches use recognizable anti-inflammatory compounds: Inflazyme Forte – 2 tablets – 2-3 times a day on empty stomach, aspirin – as needed for fever and pain, Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 2- 3 times a day, and curcumin (turmeric).

The point about this CYTOKINE STORM for this flu is this – If you get this flu it is important to stop specific immune system boosters. No Beta Glucans, No Echinacea, Maitake, etc. Now if you are taking these now, that is fine, as long as you don’t take them if you do get this Swine H1N1 flu. Taking immune system builders will not make you more vulnerable to the flu, but they just MUST be stopped if you get it. Immune system builders are normally very good for the body but in this case it is important for you to understand the Cytokine Storm. You must get this! Re-read it if necessary.

ANTI-VIRALS AND IMPORTANT FLU SUPPORT
    My number one pick is OLIVE LEAF extract – caps or liquid. Liquid does work faster and can easily be given to children in juice.
    Olive leaf does not enhance the Cytokine Storm. If you have this flu use this 4 times a day.

HHA COLLOIDAL SILVER – This helps a great deal in preventing other complications such as pneumonia and secondary infections. Taken 3 times a day if you have this flu. Other antimicrobials that do not cause Cytokine Storm are Grapefruit Seed Liquid, Oregacillin and Oregano Oil Plus softgels.

PLUS – ELDERBERRY POWER capsules or liquid. This has been shown to be effective against H5N1 and many other virals.. Take this also 3 times a day. Liquid is safe for children. You can make your own Elderberry Tincture. Clean Quart Jar add 1/4 pound dried elderberries (Must be Sambucus nigra)
    Now fill to top with vodka. Put lid on tight. Store in a dark cupboard and shake once every few days. Label and date your jar. Let it sit for at least 30 days before you strain it. You can use it without straining it too and it will just continue to get stronger. Preventative – Adult – 1 teaspoon in water once a day Children scale back by weight. Dried Elderberry can be purchased here: 1 oz.-1/2 pound and pounds http://www.herbalhealer.com/bulk-D-H.html#elderberry

OREGACILLIN – Ok, here is the story on this product. We had a very nasty lung infectious something or other nail the entire family several months ago. We used the regular’s we have – Colloidal Silver, Olive Leaf, etc., and prevented it from going to pneumonia and bronchitis, but we all had this terrible lingering cough we could not shake. One of our suppliers mentioned this product. I almost fainted when I saw the price for 30 herb capsules, but at this point I ordered in 6 bottles to give it a try. Within three days everyone was fine. No cough. Also we had given it to someone who had chronic asthma due to a low grade fungal infection in the lungs and it cleared it right up. Again, because I have recommended it to some HHA members that complained of similar lung problems, I have decided to add it to the HHA line of products. At the first sign of tightening of the chest from a cold or flu or any lung stress, I recommend that you start on these. Take 1 capsule – 2 – 3 times a day. It seems to work fast for us. This is a patented formula and so we cannot private label it, so that is why it is so expensive, but if you need it, it does work, that much I can attest to. Ingredients: 450 mg. of Wild High Mountain Oregano Herb, Wild Mountainous Sage and High Mountain Cumin. 30 Vegetarian caps. Adult dose: 1-2 caps daily. Buy 1 – $28.95 – Buy 3 at $26.00 each. You can find it on-line on the Cold and Flu page.

GARLIC BEATS HOSPITAL SUPER BUG!!!
    The ingredient which gives garlic its distinctive smell is the latest weapon in the battle to beat the hospital “superbug” MRSA (Flesh Eating Bacteria). University of East London researchers found allicin treated even the most antibiotic-resistant strains of the infection. MRSA (Methecillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) causes an estimated 2,000 deaths in UK hospitals each year. Researchers are now testing allicin products in a six-month study. Dr Ron Cutler and his team discovered the effectiveness of allicin in laboratory tests five years ago. They found it can cure MRSA within weeks. It is even effective against the newer strains which cannot be treated by the “last line of defence” antibiotics Vancomycin and Glycopeptides.

HOMEOPATHICS
    Flu Nosode for 2008 – 2009 is a good idea to take now. 10 drops under tongue once a day. Pneumonia – Use this twice a day IF you do get the flu to help prevent secondary infection of pneumonia. Meningitis Nosode at the first onset of a severe stiff neck. Encephalitis Nosode at the first onset of severe headaches. Also with severe headaches, I do recommend the Brain Power – 1 or 2 twice a day to help with detoxing.

We are working on a specific homeopathic nosode for this strain of flu (H1N1). I will send update as soon as it is in the house. Estimated time- 2weeks or less.

Any of the above can be taken once a day as a helpful preventative. But, just because you are taking these does not mean that you should not take the necessary precautions not to catch this infection. Hands washed all the time. Keep antimicrobial wet wipes with you in the car and use them when you have been in public. When returning from public exposure take a shower and put your clothes to the laundry. Get masks if you have to be around groups of people and wear them. Don’t be afraid to wear them when you go shopping! If this turns into a serious killer pandemic, then you must shelter in place and stay home and in isolation. Be prepared to stay in your home for at least 3 months or more. What I am currently hearing is that this outbreak may not go killer, but the
    rebound from a mutated strain will.

43. Penny Taylor says:

Im 65. The Doctor says I should hve the flu injection because of my various illnesses. Last year it made me ill for two months.
    Any advice would be welcome. Im a new raw foodie and only yet about 70%

44. Pamela Melcher says:

Hi, Kevin,

Great, very helpful information.

Thank you. I am calming down.

Thank you also to the person who referred me to Dr. Mercola on Vitamin D and to http://www.herbalhealer.com.

In Portland, Oregon I was missing the mark with Vitamin D. Big mistake. Thanks!

Useful stuff.

I am turning this into an opportunity to fine tune my immune system.

Also check out what Dr. Gabriel Cousens says:
    http://www.treeofli fe.nu/whybirdflu

Dr. Gabriel Cousens prepared this information for when the bird flu outbreak occurred. All actions, preparations, and supplementation are listed in detail and parallel what people can do to enhance their protection from swine flu.

Praying that wellness will prevail.

Happiness, Health and Abundance for All.

Many Blessings,
    Pamela Melcher
    aka The Cheerleader

45. You mentioned “curistan” for inflammation. Never heard of that. What is it. I don’t know whether that is the correct spelling. Appreciate it, and
    all that you do Kevin.

46. muhammad rifaee says:

Hi,currently I’m being introduced by a friend of mine regarding a product that that could boost up the immune system and providing immune intelligence to recognize the pathogens.so what do you think?