Is Lucuma Powder OK for Candida – The Renegade Health Show Episode #270

Monday Mar 23 | BY |

We still had a bunch of questions to answer from the last few posts, particularly this one about lucuma powder and candida…

I think you guys got the question bug, since there were a ton of question from the last few episodes. 🙂

It’s fine with me, I love answering questions and giving you what you want!

In this episode, I also answer questions about sprouting, ocean grown solution and more.

Your question of the day: What are good raw food condiments?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

1. LuAnn Agustin says:

No video showing up the website.

2. linda says:

no video available

3. Sandy says:

Same here. There was no video!!! 🙁

4. Jan says:

Show me the video! Please. 🙂

5. Erika Matt says:

Where is the info?

6. hal says:

Hey Kevin, where is the video?

7. Bridey says:

No video???

8. Karri says:

No video for me either.

9. Marlene says:

no video for me either.

10. Lois Kubota says:

Did you forget to send the attachment??? No video for me either.

11. CINDY says:

no video for me either

12. Melissa Rei says:

No video!

13. giselle cioraru says:

No video for me either

14. Betty says:

dido

15. Elaine says:

Oooooooops………and I was looking so forward to this one!!

16. Rose says:

dido that 8th time, no video

17. stella Morris says:

Ditto – most unusual!

18. Peg says:

looking forward to seeing the video!

19. Sue says:

When I used the direct link it took me to yesterday’s show.

20. No video here, either…! Joe and Fran

21. mitzi curtis says:

Sorry, no video showing up!

22. cathy says:

Oops no video – where ya’ll at?

23. Barbara says:

Where is the video Kevin?

24. David says:

Here the video is directly off of YouTube:

Enjoy,
    David.

25. colette says:

no video either:(

26. SherriK says:

Here’s the link to paste in your browser:

27. CINDY R. says:

No Video here either

28. marguerite says:

No video either !

29. Mary Ellen says:

i am unable to see any video just like all the others. have u found out what are the best foods that u can eat when u have candida?

30. Fred says:

Nope, not here – but I found it on YouTube! Try: http://www.youtube.com/kevingianni

31. Linda Hendrex says:

The video is missing here, but you can watch in youtube. The link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmaKhBAWc3o. Good luck.

32. Jan says:

No Video

33. Ellen says:

Something went wrong. No video to see.

Speaking of questions…How was your visit in San Antonio? We heard about your fun in Austin but no mention about your events here in San Antonio. I had to work but I was looking forward to your comments about your days in San Antonio.

34. estiva says:

nope 🙁

35. would love to hear that information–but, no video. My favorite condiments— soaked, marinated and dehydrated sunflower and pumpkin seeds:

1 cup pumpkin seeds
    1 cup sunflower seeds
    1/8 cup tamari
    1/8 tsp cayenne

soak seeds for 3-4 hours — drain water and then sprinkle on tamari and cayenne. Place in dehydrator until crispy—these are great over salads

other things that I like as condiments–
    kelp and/or dulse
    shredded coconut for over desserts–(choc mousse)
    ground nuts for over pasta w/sauces

Chana Rachel Mark

36. Geri says:

I got the video!!!!! I put lemon juice on everything. We have lemon trees here and I use them!

37. Jessica says:

How do I find out when and where you are gonna be in California?

38. Jo says:

The video worked fine for me. Looking forward to more Gabriel Cousins. I kinda missed Ann Marie since she wasn’t in this one. I like the male/female balance. 😀

39. Nathalie says:

Haha, me neither….
    Keen when you have some healthy time to give it some fresh organic juice to pep her up!

Enjoy life 🙂

40. Nathalie says:

My bad!!!

It just took a dollap of time tis all,
    cheers x

41. Nathalie says:

Huh… I know there are many bad balsamic vinegars out there, but all???

Very interested in knowing all you know about this topic, thank you kindly and I love your shows, to you both enjoy a marvelous experience with everything…

42. Kenny says:

The video works now.

43. Elena says:

Thanks for the info. I’d like to find out more about Ocean Grown products for my organic garden.

In terms of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar, I interchange these regularly. I also alternate using celtic sea salt and unpasteurized miso in my salad dressings. I remember one of the folks you interviewed during the Amazing Rawkathon recommended Miso in place of sea salt or Himalayan, since miso, though fermented contains beneficial bacteria, etc. (was it jameth Sheridan or his Brother Rick Dina? I forget. 😉

Thanks for the great job you are doing sharing this very educational and inspiring journey around the country.
    Elena from frosty Massachusetts

44. Betty says:

PLEASE TALK ABOUT RAW ALMONDS!!!!!!

45. John says:

I had been using Balsamic on my salads but recently started using either fresh lemon or lime juice and I like the lime better actually, I also add olive oil and sea salt to the salad. I had some amazing raw ketchup at Leafy Greens Cafe in St. Petersburg, FL in December but don’t have the recipe, would love to have it though…Anne Marie??? Your raw hummus recipe is a great condiment and very versatile really.

46. ann gleason says:

I’ve been making this dressing lately:
    olive and/or hemp oil
    lemon/lime juice
    barley miso
    raw organic wildflower honey
    chia powder
    nutritional yeast

sounds strange, doesn’t it?
    but it’s really good!

Also:
    raw apple cider vinegar
    lime juice
    barley miso

sea salt
    fresh black pepper

47. Marty says:

Hi Kevin,
    Someone told me about using Tomatillas for sour flavor instead of the vinegar. That was five years ago and I had not tried it until about two weeks ago. I wanted something savory, so I put Macs, piece of onion, good salt, and half a small tomatilla,plus a small clove of garlic with some water. All about 1 cup of ingredients, 1/4 c water into the Vitamix and YUMMM! It was soooo good. Add whatever you like too. I was so happy with my creation. Hope you give it a try. No fermentation, no bloom hopefully!
    Thanks so much for your wonderful shows! You RAWCK! Marty

48. Kim says:

Hi Kevin,

I love your show and watching you and Annmarie. You offer some wonderful and important information.

However, would it be possible to tone down the intro. It’s rather shocking! — The loud music and your “GOOD AFTERNOON AND WELCOME TO THE RENEGADE HEALTH SHOW, TODAY IS…”

Just a gentle request. If not, I will still keep watching and just mute the intro.

Thanks for all you do! I hope your trip around America in the Kale Whale is going well. Be safe in your travels.

Sincerely!

(~_~)

49. Ernie says:

As a long time sprouter, I can tell you that if you use only Certified Organic seeds for sprouting that there is no need for hydrogen peroxide, but do use it for all other seeds. A cap full in your soak water, then rinse thoroughly after the soak.
    ew

50. Cindy says:

Is there something wrong with balsamic vinegar? I haven’t heard anything negative but would love your feedback.
    That is what I use with extra virgin olive oil on all my salads. Sometimes i use brown vinegar instead. Are there any problems with that?
    Thanks Kevin and have a great day

51. Nicole says:

I’ve tried making many dressing but my favorite is still plain—old—mustard. When I was little I loved lettuce and mustard sandwiches. If I make a salad and it’s less than delicious in spite of the “fancy” dressing I tried, I just put mustard all over it and it saves the day. I was so happy to see the earlier video about how to make raw mustard; now I can make my own!

52. maya says:

i often use orange or apple juice instead of vinegar or lemon – its less acidic…

53. Tyra McMahon says:

I love to use freshly squeezed lime. Also I heard you can use yacon syrup if you have candida issues.

54. Pat says:

In the olden days of dieting circa 1960s, lemon juice was often used on salads. Fred Bisci recently recommended that I use it and wow! I forgot how bright and fresh it makes a salad taste! Also, as a kid, my mother made salads everyday using wine vinegar, olive oil, a shake of salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar. THAT was delicious! I’ve so tired of trendy balsamic vinegar.

55. misty says:

I notice you mentioned that lacuma, when you had it with the cereal, gave you candida symptoms again. But You were eating banana, terribly sweet, so how could you assume it was lacuma. I have no experince with lacuma, so I’m not biased.

56. Pamela W says:

If we don’t have Alissa Cohen’s fudge balls (or my versions thereof) and some of her recipe of honey mustard dressing in the house, my husband feels something is amiss. Ritamarie Loscalzo’s creamy cheddar dip is a staple, and so is some type of raw french dressing to drizzle over everything from baked potato to steamed brussel sprouts to a big plate of greens. Raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar, some agave, some cinnamon, and always a jar of fresh-squeezed lemon or lime juice, are always found at our table.

57. Stephanie Tisone says:

green stevia is good thats what i use
    if you can get the whole leaf dried stevia its even better depending on what your creating due to it being a leaf and not dissolving
    and growing it of course always the best idea!!

58. sylvia says:

one day while preparing a green smoothie, i accidently dropped in 1/4 of a meyers lemon & decided to leave it in the mix. it was delicious & i now do it whenever i can get meyers lemons.

59. DELANEY says:

LIME JUICE!

What are the nutritional facts on Lacuma powder? I just started playing with it last night and I STILL have gassy tummy at 1 pm the next day. What is IN it? I bought some online after watching one of your videos and it tastes like heaven but I started eating it blindly, I have to admit.

60. Christina says:

Kevin,
    This is an older thread but I thought I’d add to it anyway…

You mentioned we should post if we like another brand of Stevia…I also like to use the green powdered stevia but I really do love Body Ecology’s liquid stevia extract. I do have some of Sweet Leaf’s stevia extracts as well…I use some of their flavored stevias frankly because theirs is the only brand that I am aware of that has various flavored sweeteners. I have to say that my favorite one as far as TASTE goes is definitely Body Ecology’s since theirs does not have that odd aftertaste like the other brands do if you either add it to a warm drink or if you add too much. It’s just SWEET. Plain and simple! 🙂

As far as condiments…I use:
    ACV
    Different sea salts
    Raw Balsamic Vinegar
    Spices
    Herbs
    I mainly use Cultured Vegetables or Cultured Vegetable Dressings to top my foods! 🙂 YUMMM!!

61. Can you recommend a good anti candida book. Thank you.