An RV Workout for Fitness Friday – The Renegade Health Show Episode #254

Friday Feb 27 | BY |

Today we show you a cool workout that you can do in any space…

(Yes, even an RV!)

All you need is a set of dumbbells, a couch and a countertop.

We also explain a little secret about staying successful with your workout plan.

Your question of the day: Where could you put a few pieces of exercise equipment to keep you on track?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave a comment here!

If you want you can get a pair of dumbbells like these from Perform Better!

Kevin

1. Katie says:

First of all, your kitty is so cool!!! I’d love to see more of him! Do you feed him raw foods??? I have 4 kitties and I feed them raw food, and that’s why I ask. Maybe that would be a cool side show sometime! : )

As for the question of the day….

I have a treadmill and a rebound trampoline in my “fun room” where my computer is and also the litter box. So the equipment is in a very convenient location.

I have actually heard that some people put rebounders right next to their bed. Good idea, but I go into the fun room enough. : )

Thanks and I enjoyed the show, as always!
    Katie

2. Pete Bircsak says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie, The best……hmmmm….get a couple of road bikes put em somewhere in OR on the KALE WHALE at days end go out to new territory for a half hour(or 45 minute) hammer and you will come back refreshed and feeling like its 9 am…..It really works….Best luck on your Journey…..Dont forget to eat more KALE,Pete

3. barbara says:

I can put a couple dumbbells next to my rebounder downstairs. I always keep the exercise clothes for the next morning on the floor next to my bed so that when I wake up, I immediately put them on and head for the rebounder. I’ve wanted to start doing some upper body exercise, so having the equipment there would be perfect.

Annmarie, I’m sorry you’re feeling unsettled. We women need to have a “nest” and being on the move all the time can be uncomfortable at first. I’m just glad you aren’t staying at various hotels or something as you travel. I’m hoping that the RV will become a cozy spot for you and Kevin.

{{{hugs}}}
    Barbara

4. Rhonda says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie,

I have small weights and a band upstairs so I can do a few minutes every couple of days. I am trying to build my upper body strength. We
    also have a treadmill and larger weights in the basement.

When you get to Arizona and California, hopefully you will feel a little more settled. Try not to overbook yourselves and try to stay in a spot for a little while instead of constant traveling. Driving across the country and booking your schedule tightly, will make for not much fun.

Take care and blessings,

Rhonda

5. Kathie says:

Hi Kevin & Annmarie

I have a set of light weights in my backpack that I carry to work with me each day!

Annmarie spring is almost here!

You both are the greatest!

6. Jalil says:

Keep some workout equipment next to the tv. Can’t help but see it.
    Though i do notice, that sometimes you get used to seeing it in the same place all the time, and you end up not using it.

so move your equipment around sometimes to help.

7. Bette says:

I have a rebounder I have to walk around all the time.I usually do too.Ok Kevin I will get on the exercise like we talked about.
    Oh Ann Marie.Its ok.This is HUGE what you two are doing.We like home and we like our little place.On the road is surely going to feel that way.Be kind to yourself and make a little space for you to feel nurtured.Whether in the rv or in your mind.
    Your rv will feel that way as you go to more and more places.When you come back to it,will feel like home.Hope.
    Lotsa hugs for you sweet.Lv,Bette

8. Steve says:

I keep a set of “hand exercisers” (Squeeze grips)in my desk at work along with exercise bands. These are good for all kinds of upper body workouts. My exercise ball has replaced the chair at my home desk so, I’m working on my core stabilizers while surfing the net and watching your adventures. I also set my running shorts, shoes, & sox at the foot of my bed, so as soon as I wake up, I hit the trails for an early morning “meditation” run, where I mentally plan out and prepare for that day’s schedule.
    – Steve
    Austin, TX

9. natalya says:

I have mine in the kitchen, next to the sink on the floor in very visible location, but still forgetting to use it.

10. Gretchen says:

Dear Kevin and Annmarie,

My husband,Carl,and I keep our kettlebells in the living room. (Our colored bells look rather cute.) They are very convenient and are proving to be a great strength and cardio workout. Have you tried them? (russiankettlebells.com)

It was great meeting you in Kansas City. You are a neat couple. We pray for you.

Love,
    Gretchen

11. Dr Rona says:

ok i’m not answering your question cause I’M A RENEGADE POSTER ;)!!!

but i must
    thank you ann marie for filming jonny 5~
    i agree
    he DOES look very nice on that pretty carpet
    also looks like he is happy enuf in the RV with you both.

your plants appear to be recovering nicely
    did u talk to them? (even if not out loud–they respond nicely)
    yay.

have a great weekend.
    🙂
    dr rona

12. prstlid says:

I am shocked to see that you have a pet cat in your living space. Cats roaming around in your living space are very detrimental to your health. Have you not learned that?

13. Louann Lampa says:

I have mine in a basket next to my rebounder, which is behind the lazyboy on a wall, where I can do excercises while watching the early news on TV. The oxygen which the movements create give me the energy I nead for the day.

14. Linda says:

Those Kale chips are AWESOME!!! The little pieces can be spread over a salad for extra crunch and flavor!

I appreciate this website and your video’s are educational and interesting. Thank you both for all that you share with those that are “journeying” with you.

Be encouraged. You are helping a whole lot of people! It may be difficult at times but it’s going to be well worth it in the end!

Thanks again Kevin & Annmarie.

Linda on February 28th (12:38 early am)

15. Ally says:

I have my red exercise ball and skipping rope right in the living room close to the TV. I use them often. I will throw on my heart rate monitor and skip on and off while I watch a TV program.. usually 30 min… that way I don’t really have to watch the time and the watching some sort of entertainment seems to make the time go by more quickly 🙂

The red ball is fun to do some quick ab exerises or to stretch out my back.

Ally
    ps.. So for your aerobic routine.. do you guys take turns running beside the RV? Kidding …

16. Kali Lilla says:

For someone on a limited budget, would you recommend dumbbells or a couple of kettlebells? Thanks!

17. Laura says:

In a doorway, where I’ll trip over them???
    Haha. Just kidding.

Ann Marie- I hope you feel better soon. I’m sure you’ll get used to it and it’ll start to feel “normal.” Whatever that means. Once the weather warms up, it will probably be a much more enjoyable adventure.

Meditation could be helpful, if you can.

18. Amanda says:

Just a suggestion…
    I lived aboard a sailboat, and previous to that on an RV on a coast to coast and back again, “Quest for a nest”, for many happy years.
    A wonderful addition to your exercise regime’, is getting a pair of bikes for you both. You can put a rack up front, or on back of the RV, or on the car behind(this keeps them cleanest/most accessible) You will be amazed at how much more enjoyable each stop is with a daily ride or night ride to anticipate. You really get to know a city more intimately, and it’s good decompress/bonding time for you both. (Without the close quarters to hold you). Do it! I promise it will make your smile’s even more dazzling.
    Keep up the good works.And remember;
    Love is All…Peace Everything Else!!!
    Love, William & Amanda Thompson
    St. Pete, Fl.

19. Lois Kubota says:

Thanks for filming Jonny 5 all the time.

20. Right now my rebounder is in plain view from where I’m sitting and typing right now and serves as an inviting reminder. Try to get out each morning wherever you are and do some deep breathing in the fresh air. I did a fair amount of “RV-ing” in the 70’s in a tent camper and my attitude was just to make it “home” as much as possible. We went up to Alaska from the NY area and of course across the US.
    Enjoy and keep yourselves energized with some uplifting food and prayers.

21. Elaina harman says:

Yeah, my equipment are holders for the jacket or coat so I need to do spring cleaning so I can see the equipment again.
    AnnMarie have youfigured out what is making you unsettled, what you miss about home and trying to duplicate it in the RV? We all have a right to different moods so maybe you will feel better when the weather is warm consistantly for a while. Hang in there you are starting a new phase of your life here!!

22. Steph says:

How about a step stool in the kitchen. While the kids eat breakfast you can chat with them and get some stepping in.

Love the shirt, Go Steelers!!

23. Anita Manuel says:

I’m in an apartment and have piano students so I put a little weight bench in the front hall and the weights under it. It’s really easy to pull the bench to the middle of the hall or it’s there for people to sit on when they are taking off or putting on their shoes to leave by the door.

24. Dede Mc says:

Let me say first…your small space work out gave me the get up and go that I needed to go into my small living room and to leg kicks!
    I have knees..haha…bad knees..so I am glad you showed me that I could sit as I did these. It has been really hard for me with this knee problem.
    I have small weights at work under the coffee pot that we share. Also when no one is in the office I use the counter or wall as a kind of push up/off and it makes me feel better.
    Thank you! It’s snowing here today in Tennessee….amazing!

25. Bonnie says:

We leave the rebounder out in the middle of the floor in our living room. Its a pretty small space so it makes it hard to aviod jumping on it!

26. Susan says:

Hi – Nothing really to share about the exercise equipment. I mainly wanted to show my support for you both during this transition time for you – but particularly for AnnMarie. Know that we love you and support you. We women do like to have our nesting spots so for now – trust in the process and the path you are on and be sure to take time for yourself.

Peace and love,
    Susan

27. Becky says:

I keep a couple dumbells and a toning band in the family/tv room next to the couch, so sometimes I do a little while watching tv or listening to music. I also keep a ball to do some abs on in the family room. (easy to not miss seeing!)

Could you do a show with the stretchy toning bands? (or have you already?)
    I find that surprisingly I seem to get more out of them, than using weights, and it’s easier on the joints. Also easier to keep or take anywhere, and you can attach to any door.

Love your show, keep it up,
    Becky

28. Doug says:

Rebounder in front of the TV, absolutely. Entire family is compelled to use it all the time. Also lean a bodyblade in the corner, little space and works great for a quick workout.
    /Doug.

29. Rhonda D says:

Ok so i would so be dead on the floor doing those squats LOL.
    I would never get up 🙂
    Love you shows. keep up the good work.
    I think adding a couple of bike to the kale whale would be great.

p.s. say hello to Jonny 5

Rhonda D

30. Almamater says:

I would like to know what the poster “prstlid” knows about living with cats being detrimental to human health. I am interested in that subject.