What Do Dark Circles Under My Eyes Mean – The Renegade Health Show Episode #248

Thursday Feb 19, 2009 | BY |

What do those dark circles under your eyes mean?

Well, they could mean a lot of things, but maybe what I talk about in today’s show is what is happening to you…

Today I also talk about how to make ginger juice, adult and teenage acne and a few other things.

Take a watch…

Your question of the day: What do you do when you’re stressed?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

1. BrownOctober says:

I do some of the same things you do when your stressed. Deep breathing for an extended period of time. One of the greatest relaxation tools i’ve gotten is off of brainsync.com They have some audio that is specialized to different brainwaves. I listen to the brain massage one and do deep breathing and my body and mind feel more relaxed doing that than anything else i’ve ever tried. Try it out!

2. Caryl DeHerrera says:

Hi,
    I drink calm it works and instead of keeping everything in your head make list of what you need to do… This also helps with sleep keep it by your bed so you can write things down…..:) This way you are not constantly thinking about what you half to do…. as you mark things off your list you can see and feel less stressed…. This helps me Hope it helps you……:)

3. marlene says:

When I’m stressed I like to exercise to release all that spent up energy I have. I also like to be by myself and just take deep breaths and erase the day and state a simple saying “This day too will pass. Tomorrow is another day.”

4. Annette says:

Pray, pray and pray some more…thank you Jesus!

5. Paula says:

I just make myself take some time for myself. Spend a little time with a hobby (something that totally absorbs my mind that I enjoy) for as long as I can. Also I try to redo my schedule. If I have too many things planned for that day, I eliminate what I can. Making a to do list and then checking off items when completed helps me to see that I am accomplishing something.

6. Michael says:

A great big hug is a wonderful way to relieve stress.

7. Steven King says:

Acne: It might be good to consult Dr. Doug Graham on this, esp. on Candida! He makes a really good point, that if we are eating fats the cells are prevented from passing sugars correctly and then fruit feeds the candida…
    His 80-10-10 book might reference this, not sure, but I have heard him give a great talk on candida.
    joy,
    Steven

8. sarabethxvx says:

Run or go for a walk with the dog… lots of fresh oxygen is the key

9. Laura says:

Brain Wave Entrainment. Lots of downloads out there. Use headphones and get in your meditation posture.

Or just meditate.

10. Rhonda says:

When I get stressed, I make the list of what I need to do, and then forget about everything except the next step. I can handle one more step, but thinking about ALL the things that need to be done all at once sometimes just overloads me. Then I remind myself….. “what’s the next thing you need to do”, and one-by-one, the steps get done.

Since you’ll be in Vancouver, will you come to Calgary as well?

11. Susie L says:

Will you be visiting Tampa, Florida? You mentioned in your show that you would be traveling into Canada and I understand that the farthest tip of the south could be a challenge but it may be worth the time to see our lovely state. We have only a few raw restaurants in the Tampa area and your visit could prove to be a great promotion of the raw lifestyle. I do recommend that you not venture here in the summer months (July especially) because we see a lot of rain and lightening. Wherever your journey takes you, I wish you the best of luck in your raw tale of a kale!

12. Mike says:

I rebound!

Small trampoline + 20 minutes of intense jumping = no stress

13. Jayne says:

When I’m stressed I just stop..I take the day off, no matter what I think I should be doing or what I think others expect of me,and do just what ever in the world I want to do.. A long walk on the beach with my dog, or I go lay under a tree , dog included again, and watch the leaves fall,or play ball with, you guessed it, my dog again.. I sometimes turn on some music and dance around the kitchen singing my lungs out,With the dogs.. Now, it is important to have no human person around that you have to converse with.. It’s just you, the sky, the breeze, the leaves, the sand,the waves, the music, you being free…And, you guessed it..the dog…!!!!!

14. Karen says:

Flower Essences! I like to use the local to me – 3 Flowers Healing – Stress Be Gone. Depends on the person but it works wonders on me and my kids. (www.3flowershealing.com)

15. Anthony says:

Hey Kevin, what do you think of superfoods such as chlorella, raw cacao, gogi berries, mangosteen ect-? Do you think that they are over-rated? It seems like I have been hearing increasingly more and more lately that superfoods are just hype. I really trust your opinion and would love to hear if you think that they are actually nutritonally superior than “regular” raw foods.

16. Tommi says:

You asked what I do for stress. I take Natural Cellular Defense! If you knew the kind of stress I have been under since October 2008 you would not believe my story. I have been living a nightmare, but I feel great everyday and live a day and moment at a time. I continue to have hugh amounts of stressful situation and continue to feel great! I can’t believe it either and I have only been on this product maybe 6 weeks. This is the most amazing product and I know now that I can be 100% well! I am so excited!

17. Roberta McMillian says:

Hello, for calming, I stop, drop energy into my feet, and take as many slow, deep breaths as I can. I know it sound simple, and you’ve probably told others this stuff a million times, so now tell yourselves and do it. Your brain will drive you nuts if you let it, but your feet and breathing can bring peace. The other thing I do is the yoga breathing of in 4, hold 4, out 4, and hold 4 and start over till I can slow my mind down.
    I am looking forward to seeing you when you come to Kansas City. Roberta

18. Anthony says:

I have two questions. One, is it bad to take a lot of supplements all at once? Is it possible that all of the supplements won’t get completely absorbed if I take too many at the same time? Secondly, I have read that we need to take a two day break each week from taking any and all supplements to give our bodies a break and to prevent over taxing of the liver. I hope that you can find time to answer these questions. Thanks so much for all that you do and give of yourself. I, along with so many others, really really appreciate all your hard work!!!!!!

In regards to the stress question, maybe both you and Annmarie could take turns giving eachother back or full body massages. Nothing really beats physical touch, especially when you you have so much tention and stress built up. Or as a special treat, maybe both you and Annemarie could get a couple’s massage at a local spa in the same room right next to eachother. It would be relaxing for both of you and connect you two together. Or you could take a hike somewhere, I find that physical exerise and the beauty of nature is unbelievably calming. When you sweat, you basically are sweating out all of your stress. So those would be my suggestions. And remember to always take lots of deep breaths in the midst of any chaos.

19. I pratice the Transcendental Meditation Technique as taught by Maharishi Mahesh yogi and I just don’t get stressed out anymore. After 31 years of practicing my twice daily TM and TM Sidhis program, my daily life experience unfolds in a smooth and orderly fashion. I just don’t have serious problems anymore and I approach new things fearlessly (but responsably). Meditation completes the inner stroke of life while the application of the “Law of Attraction” completes the outer stroke. Think about these… Bill Farver

20. Langer says:

I hit the heavy bag.. After a tough stressful day, I go a few rounds in the boxing ring.. Recent study just showed that female boxers have a very high bone mineral density, so very low risk of osteoporosis..

21. Christa says:

I have a tool box of de-stressing techniques that I have been using over the years to keep me in balance in times needed. Depending on where I am or what I feel is needed or a combination of the following: I do long deep breathing pranayama, yoga, meditation, hotbath with 10 drops of lavender essential oil, sandalwood oil for the head, drink kava kava tea, or put some of that chinese folk music with the running water and birds chirping.

22. Amanda says:

Just write down everything that you need to do in a list, diaghram, graph, chart, whatever works. Let the paper think about it for awhile. Then, take a bath, or a jog, or whatever makes you feel good.

23. Dewey Fish says:

I have a hard Rubber Ball on the end of a threaded rod with a wooden Handle That I Call an AcuPuncher, that I use to give myself Shiatsu Massages… It is fantastic for all kinds of Issues,,, Strains, Knee& Joint pains., Carpal Tunnel, Tennis elbow, Turf Toe, RLS…
    Also If you are passing THrough New Orleans, I have 20 Gallons Of Veggie oil in 5 Gallon Plastic Jugs that you can have…

24. Ally says:

I do several things when I am stressed.. not in any particular order.

1- go to the gym .. walk the track listening to my favorite tunes.. then do some weights (makes me feel powerful)
    2- Yoga – usually to stretch out after a crazy weight workout
    3- meditate or do creative visualization techniques.
    4- Most important.. figure out what my triggers are that make me stressed out and decide how to change my attitude towards the stress.. can I change it? can I accept it and move on. I ask myself.. “in the big scheme of things.. is it really worth spending my energy on being stressed?” I usually stop and think about how lucky I am and what I am grateful for.
    5- make sure I am eating properly.
    6- breathe!
    7- I have learned to take my breaks at work! I read or just close my eyes and dream :)

Ally

25. Alison says:

EFT, hypnosis tapes, walking, karate, yoga, hot baths, sea salt baths, and best of all destressor, finding someone who is homeless or in really bad shape and finding a way to help them..Altruism is great therapy!

26. Jalil says:

I turn the tv off, put on some great classical music and just sit there with the lights off (Daylight is better) and just relax.

in reference to acne, iodine and vitamin b12 increase acne as well, so keep an eye out on how much you are taking of both.

27. lisa says:

i usually take a bath or set a moment aside and tell myself its for me. telling myself that sometimes just lets me relax w/ no interutions. also for the ginger juice, i just grate some with a cheese grater and squeeze it with my hand, it works well..

28. BREATHE, AND BREATHE AND BREATHE.
    AND IF YOU GET TIME …FLOWER ESSENCES WORK
    FAST!
    OH, AND MAYBE CROSS A FEW THINGS OFF OF YOU
    “TO DO LIST’.. NO WORRIES, YOU ARE IN OUR
    PRAYER’S.

AND I’M HAPPY, HAPPY , YOU’RE COMING TO VANCOUVER…MAYBE YOU’LL MAKE IT THROUGH THE KOOTENAY’S. CHEERS ANNETTE

29. Susan says:

Kevin and AnnMarie – I trust that you will get a handle on your “to do” list soon and begin to enjoy this new adventure in your life. It is amazing sometimes how much we can over commit ourselves but hopefully this has been a nice little reality check on the importance of balance in our lives. You are representing health and wellness to us and we are also learning about balance as we share this time with you. Be well.

Rescue Remedy by Bach Flower Remedies is one way of dealing with stress if it’s a little overwhelming right now. You can get it in drops, pastilles and lotion (maybe getting the lotion in the janitor in the drum size would be good right now). Just kidding.

Have been meaning to let you know about a company called ImprovEat. They are based here in Atlanta and are starting out small but have some incredible raw and vegan wraps you need to try. They are also gluten free. They have two flavors – their original coconut wrap and the coconut curry wrap which is incredible.

http://www.improveat.com 404-214-9021

Relax, laugh and enjoy what you have created for yourself right now.

Peace.
    Susan

30. Katie says:

Hi guys!

When I get stressed out, I definitely do a lot with essential oils! Depending on what I need at the time, I may use lavender, vetiver, valerian, citrus oils, patchouli, or even pine/spruce/or other conifer oils. I rub these oils on my feet (with castor oil) for a mini foot rub, and I also put these oils on my temples, neck, and shoulders. I then generally put some citrus or floral oils near my heart chakra.

I also find that inhaling frankincense or rose oil really helps with remembering my purpose.

I’m a naturopathic medicine student, so I know what it’s like being stressed out. And really… to remember my purpose and relax using essential oils helps so much.

Have a good night, : )
    Katie

31. Wendy says:

Bring it back to your breath.
    Breathing in,I’m aware that I am breathing in…
    breathing out,I’m aware that I am breathing out
    repeat..
    add what you like..eg
    Breathing in,I am aware that I feel stress.
    breathing out ,I smile to my stress.
    breathing in,I feel an easing of my stress,
    breathing out i feel a sense of calm..
    and on it goes.
    read some Tich nhat Hahn books…any’ll do..
    so simple..so beautiful..guaranteed to help!

32. Fred says:

I know it might be cold where you are but going out in the middle of the night for a run is amazingly theraputic. Don’t even think of where you are going to go or how far or how fast just go for a run and get lost for the night. I know since you are busy this next one probably will not be an option but during the day just run until you are so tired you can barely stand and go and have the best night of sleep in your life. Just make sure you hydrate so you dont wake up in the middle of the night with devastating leg cramps.

33. Marty says:

On the acne question Kevin, you will be happy to hear that good old inexpensive Burdock root capsules or powder work wonders to clean the blood and clear up acne!! I used that with my son,(now 22) two capsules before bed and he looked better in the morning! It is great to have Mother Nature on our side.

34. natalya says:

What is actually candida infection and how to find out if somebody has it or doesn’t?

35. Rescue Remedy works, and a hot soak with essential oils, epsom salts & baking soda. ahhhh, better take one before you go mobile. You probably only have a shower in the kale what? I forget the name of your RV :0(. anyway, happy trails. where will you post your route?

36. barbara says:

Deep breathing is helpful. And taking a few moments to put your focus on your breathing. Very soothing.

37. One thing I like to do is just keep saying to myself (or out loud)…”It’s all going to work out” or “It all works out” and take some deep breaths…also you can mentally chant a favourite mantra.

The Kale Whale…fun name…it brings a smile to my face or make me laugh.

38. ann gleason says:

When I’m stressed, I talk about it with a friend, and since I’m an extrovert, I think out loud. But, if I’m alone, it helps to journal or make lists and then I stop stressing because I know I won’t forget anything if it’s written down. Also, deep breathing and meditation/visualization, singing, chanting, herbals teas and tinctures, smelling flowers, making a vegetable juice…. saying prayers/mantras… and keeping things in perspective through gratitude and optimism!

39. Jo Smith says:

EFT for the win! (http://emofree.com) You can do it really quick to yourself, get relief and get on with your day! At the core, stress is a subset of fear. Therefore, tapping for fear you might not be aware of is helpful.

If something doesn’t get done the day I had planned, I remember I asked the universe for absolutely perfect timing. Knowing that you are exactly where you are supposed to be in life and in every day is a wonderfully comforting thought.

Be in the moment. Don’t allow the future to infringe on your now. Sit down, breathe in and out and remember what great manifestors you guys are. Make friends with your TODO list and send it loving energy.

Anyhow, that’s what I do. I remember I asked for an opportunity to be the very best I could be with ease and grace and then start feeling the essence of ease and grace. The next thing I know, it magically unfolds in ease and grace. :D

40. brian says:

Acne can also be caused by food allergies. When I consume dairy products, I get acne. Not everyone who consumes pasteurized dairy get acne.

41. Irina says:

EFT, Rescue Remedy, lavender essential oil, calms forte (homeopathic tablets).

42. Fran says:

Kevin, I feel for you with your Candida problem, I have the same. I’m starting to work on my Body Ecology following advise from Truth Calkins. It seems to be the only way to combat Candida, but you’re SO right about how frustrating it is ..I feel too skinny too!

43. andy says:

I got a Q.
    I recently on my tip of the tongue appeared sore spot. Does anyone know what could it be.

44. anasha Sol says:

hi Kevin,Hi AM well you got many good ideas there, and i recommend also essential oils, rescue, breathing, yoga also just before bed, calming yoga or a good walk just before bed, but want i want to share is that i conduct seminars, so i live on the road, and the tensions just before going goes up, up, up…..but the good news is …….The moment you leave, it evaporates,and it is but a memory, and the all nervous system calms down again, so sending you lots of love, good wishes for your journey, and remember what ever you do, ultimately is not so important in the big picture, so if you forget things, so what!!!!!!! if the web comes out later, so what!!!!!!!!love you guys

45. Shanti says:

For the candida issue I agree with the fat sugar balance, as Doug Graham teaches.

Pau d´aco the or tincture is great for candida aswell.

For the dark circle udner the eyes, yes B12 and homeopathic iron; Ferrum.
    Green smoothies, maby with a little lemon juice.

46. Kim says:

Hi Lovelies :o)

EFT & The Law Of Attraction.
    Works on acne, stress, dark circles under eyes and everything else too!

Love to you both, Kim xx

47. Zsuzanna says:

My feelings on stress, and tips on how to make it through the day, found here:

enjoy :)

48. MARY THOMAS says:

TOO MANY E’s TO READ! MAY STRESS Y0U OUT EVEN MORE TO GET THROUGH THIS WHOPPING LIST OF ADVISE!
    IN ONE WORD “MEDITATION.”
    RADHA SOAMI GREETINGS XX

49. rose says:

Siberian Ginseng for stress(only Solgar brand works for me for some reason).
    x

50. Elana says:

Acne can be completely cured through EDTA chelation therapy. I have personally seen two or three treatments completely clear it up.

51. Althea says:

I read my Bible and hold on to what He promises. If I still have a hard time with stress then I fast. Fasting makes you still (gets you out of the way) and you can hear God better. He sees the whole picture. This always works to bring peace no matter what I am going through as He is the Prince of Peace. When my eyes are back on Y’shua/Jesus instead of myself, then there is no room for stress. God is Love. :)

52. Tina says:

According to the “dark-circle-under-your-eyes”-issue: I think that is a sign of detoxing. When i went vegan i was detoxing alot, straight away. I looked aweful. A friend of mine told me to take Kombucha-shots over 2 weeks until it gets better (and i drank alot of herbtea and water) – it helped stabilizing my digistion and therefore i looked better too. Some of my v-friends detoxed after half a year.
    I go with Charles’ mantra, thats what i keep on telling myself too. And i listen closely to what my inner-me really wants, sometimes little things wind you up and you dont even realize them. What really let me forget time and space is a visit in the steamroom or sauna.
    Take care guys – Kale Whale roxx

53. Dawn B says:

My favorite way to de-stress is an herbal bath – I’ll lay and meditate in the hot water until I’m all pruney (or until my daughter climbs in and wants to play). Or sometimes, plain old epsom salts is good too.

I thought dark circles were a sign of stress and/or a vitamin K deficiency?

Dawn B in Tx

54. Muriel says:

When i feel stressed i quickly bring my mind to the prayer phrase “Maranatha” which means “Come Lord Jesus” in the language Jesus spoke on earth “ARAMAIC” I slowly repeat this prayer word, slowly and attentively for however long it takes to feel calm and peaceful.

55. LAP says:

Hi Kevin,
    You might want to also note that DARK CIRCLES under the eyes can also indicate some sort of food allergy – most specifically milk/dairy allergy, or wheat/yeast….even if vegan (e.g if someone is still eating lots of wholewheat products???). Just a thought… can also indicate low iron/anemia, or generally just a lack of “nutrition” from long-term poor diet.

Regards stress – “Just go with the flow” and “trust” in yourself and the Universe are great attitudes to adopt!!!
    Best wishes, and have a wonderful trip!
    Lucy-Ann

56. Matthew Lake says:

Dark greens like Kale is good for acne, it has a compound called I3C which converts to DIM. Just google “Acne DIM”. I also had quite moderate acne as a teenager and it completely cleared up after eating a healthy diet.
    Kevin, you say you want to gain weight. Are you aware of the research on Calorie Restriction in extending lifespan and preventing disease? I encourage you to look into it. So i’m unsure why you would want to increase calories… I’ve put up plenty of Calorie Restriction videos on youtube you should check out. One recent good one is “Calorie Restriction UKTV” (youtube it).

57. John says:

I assume you want to know what healthy things I do when stressed. :) My dog is a great stress reliever, she will not let me get too upset because if I do she will come up to me and with a sad look on her face and nuzzle her head into me until I calm down. I also like to play with her when I’m stressed, it definitely relaxes me. Exercise is good and yoga has definitely calmed me. I will take several deep breaths at work to de-stress. Talking to someone about what is stressing me helps also.

58. Jill says:

EVERYTHING you experience is a direct result of the thoughts you think and the beliefs you hold. Well Being is our natural state and any time that we are experiencing disharmony of ANY SORT, it is only ever because we are disallowing it. I have cured myself of an “incurable” dis-ease by embracing the art of allowing which lead me effortlessly to whole/living/raw foods. It is this simple.

If you believe that you have a candida issue, or an acne issue, or that certain foods cause certain things to occur…then that is what you will experience. Wishing you well.

59. derek moore says:

Going off the subject!! What is your opinion of obtaining D 3 from a sun Tanning machine.They have on atthe gym I attend. According to the link provided, it seems safe enough to consider especially living here in the north east of England (UK) where we wo’t see any substantial sunshine probably un til May/June

60. Laz says:

When i get to a point that i’ll stress out, i simply lay on the floor supine position and imagine my self overcoming the issue that’s causing it. I do this for five minutes. This lowers my heart rate, relaxes my muscles and calms me down, while i come up with a strategy to resolve the issue.

You can also imagine you’re at the beach or your favorite place to relax, while you’re laying down.

I also run for several minutes a day to be stress free.

61. sonja says:

hi, i do various things, if possible go for a walk in the countryside! I find this very relaxing. If I am in mental turmoil, I watch a funny movie, read something funny, that takes away a lot of stress. I also agree with Caryl, making lists of anything that comes to mind and prioritising that later on and crossing things off when done is very satisfying. The most important thing is not to stress, but just do! What is making you stress? Finding the cause might help. What makes you stress? in my “bad days” I used to eat a cream cake! Helped temporarily, but as my son pointed out is not ideal!

62. Rivka says:

When I’m stressed, I take long walks in the woods behind my home. I have 40 acres to roam or I work in my vegetable garden..the key for me is to be out and in the sunshine (live in FLA)with creation; always thankful for the beauty be it wild flowers or a bumblebee. Stress harms, calm heals.

63. Bill says:

Wow, kinda weird seeing you wearing the same shirt that I am currently wearing. I love it, it is so comfy!!! :-)

I have always had dark circles under my eyes, thought it was normal…lol

Since I have been on Raw Foods, they have disappeared!!!

64. Iva says:

Seems like I might be the only one here but it’s very simple for me. When being stressed, I usually feel tired – physically, emotionally or both, so one of the best solutions for me is to sleep more. Seriously! And sleeping also helps with dark circles :)

65. Donna V. says:

There is nothing more important that your mental and physical wellbeing. Sometimes you just need to say sorry, world, I need to check out for a day and postpone whatever it is that you thought couldn’t wait.

Then… get a massage, take a long hot Aromatherapy bath, put your headphones on some relaxing music and recline (preferably in the sun, or by a warm fire). If you must think, focus your thoughts on all the things you are thankful for. List the things that are right with the world and thank the Creator for them. Be in the now.

And now that I’ve suggested it, I think I’ll do the same! :)

66. nicole says:

My suggestion is to break in the kale whale with some love-making stress reduction.

and…. I wanted to comment; i watched this episode to learn how to juice ginger as there are many things to do with it, for example as called for in the Bok Choy Panang, which I will be making tomorrow.

Thank you and live Awesome.

67. nicole says:

also, to relieve stress simply remember what a light you are to the world!!

68. thunder says:

when i’m stressed i do a quick close of the eyes meditation tool called BOS – breathe, observe, surrender. i watch all the crazy thoughts in my head, i acknowledge them (giving them the attention that they want) and then i surrender and let them go, saying goodbye to them!

and when they come back…i do the whole thing over again.

safe travels on your year long journey starting today!

–thunder

p.s. i learned this technique from an amazing teacher of mine, Amy Rachelle.

69. Steve says:

Kevin-
    If you’re stressed out, go outside in natue and SLOW DOWN. Sit quietly, and think about your recent trip to the yoga retreat where you were SOOO relaxed. Recall those memories. (Maybe even watch your own episode from that trip,) Visialize how peaceful and happy you were. Be grateful for the exciting adventure that you & Annmarie will be on this year, and all the new friends you’re going to meet up with, Know that whatever comes your way, you won’t have to face it alone, ‘cuz we’ll all be rooting for you! – You say you’re not “religious”, but if you’re spiritual, check out. Joshua 1:9.

Regarding acne –
    I’ve had it since 7th grade, (I’m 51 now) and still get it occasionally. It’s worse when I eat dairy & sugar, or too many oily nuts like cashews. It’s also worse when I’m dehydrated & constipated. The toxins can’t be eliminated correctly so they come out through the skin.

-Steve
    Austin, TX

70. Samantha Cook says:

Hi Guys,

I have a question that I cannot seem to get an answer to…………..Kevin is REALLY great at getting good facts, etc. to questions. My question is………….what are we suppossed to use for sunblock when we go out in the sun for long periods of time?? We just scheduled a vacation to a tropical climit and I have heard so many things about sunblock and how is suppossedly know causes cancer. I cannot imagine not putting anything on at all but do not want to use sunblock. Any ideas??? I am actually really scared about getting burned but even more scared about using sunblock.

Thanks for any help that you could give in regards to this question.

XOXO
    Samantha Cook

71. Almamater says:

ACNE: The one thing that has worked for my teenage son who has had severe acne for 2 years is taking megadoses of pantothenic acid (a.k.a. Vitamin B-5). He takes 2,500mg 4 times a day. Yes, it’s a lot. You can google about others who have had success with it. A lower dose did NOT help him. Also, he has bought & tried so many homeopathic remedies and even went to a dermatologist but got no relief. (He didn’t take Accutane.)

This gets expensive, but Vitaglo.com has a powdered B-5 that is way more cheaper than capsules (and you don’t have to ingest all those gelatin capsules). My son mixes the powder in juice since it is bitter alone. NOW is the company that makes the powdered B-5.

Caveat: Vitaglo is known for their not-so-good customer service, but they will ship things promptly. Just don’t expect anything more from them.

Also, don’t give up on the B-5 too quickly. It may take 1-2 months to see the results. I truly hope this works for you!

72. Amanda says:

To first calm down enough to deal with any particular issue or just to wind down in general I sit on my bed with the door closed and listen to the sound of water (like a CD of waves or a brook) and imagine the room becoming full of the energy and serenity. It works every time no matter how stressed I am. If it is something long term like dealing with classes or work then I find going to the gym or doing some form of physical activity regularly helps.

73. micki says:

DAILY Meditation is a God/Goddess-send for stress as a preventative. I don’t what I’d do without it. Doing a raw food diet helps one to better cope with stress (if you are not detoxing!)
    And in those situations needing immediate attention, a few drops of rescue remedy in a glass of water/juice/smoothie will be helpful as well…
    when I’m stress I do all of the above as well as make sure I’m getting at least 8 or 9 hours of sleep…sleep is restorative.
    Soft uplifting music helps too.

74. I LOVE your open dislosure here… You are who you are… no need to put on a show of any kind. I think it makes you very real and it’s so cool that you are open to showing you to the world.

Well done!

When I’m stressed…

I put on mellow music, turn off the lights, and go into some kind of meditative trance. I used to think it was sleep, but I know now it’s not b/c it’s different than sleep when I come out of it.

Thanks for being the change you want to see in the world.

Warmest,

Jonathan

75. Jackie says:

I’ve noticed when I zap when I’m stressed that it calms me down and it really helps.
    I also sleep better when I zap about 20 min before I turn over and go to sleep.
    I just put it in a sock for 20 min.
    Jackie

76. Claudio says:

Hi Kevin,

I just veiwed this episode today and in it you spoeak about your trouble with Candida. Now, I am not claiming to know more about this than you but I came across an interesting article from Frederic Patenaude, I am not sure if you are familar with him and his work. But he wrote an article called “Shocking Report The Fruit Controversy”. In it he discussed a little on Candida page 15. He basically, says that Fruit is not the culprit but rather fat. HEre is a quote:
    “ANSWER: The way to beat candida is simple: you have to understand that candida is an issue that comes from eating too much fat, not too much sugar. When we eat too much fat, that excess fat in the bloodstream diminishes insulin sensitivity, so that sugar isn’t carried out to the cells as fast as it should be. It accumulates in the bloodstream, feeding the candida yeast that is naturally present there. The candida then proliferates to “eat up” the excess sugar. The answer isn’t to consume less sugar, or to try to kill the candida — but to go at the root of the problem, that is, to consume less fat. Here’s some useful information on the topic from Dr. Graham’s FAQs (available at: http://www.foodnsport.com). Please note that my book “The Raw Secrets” and my course “How to End Confusion About Nutrition” also explore the problems related with excess fat consumption.”

Like I mentioned before I am no expert on this issue and you probably have more info on this than I do but I thought I woudl just pass this along to you.

I hope you read this, I know you are very busy right now.

Claudio

77. Jan says:

For stress reduction, try reflexology. It is a great de-stressor, but a great foot rub with an essential oil such as lavender or camomile would also be great. Enjoy.

78. maria says:

I inherited my raccoon eyes from my mother. Ugh. Anyway, what I found works for me is an eye cream called Extreme Eye Rescue by Isabella Pelle. I searched high and low for an eye cream that helped with dark undereye circles and puffiness – and this is it for me. It’s fairly inexpensive and does what it says it does. It’s done a great job of reducing my undereye darkness and my puffiness is completely gone. I also feel that the skin around my eyes looks younger, probably due to the retinol in it. As an added bonus, the company offers free shipping on all orders – which is great b/c every penny counts these days! Check them out online ;).