Dr. Fred Bisci on Longevity and the Raw Food Diet – The Renegade Health Show Episode #244

Friday Feb 13 | BY |

Today, I went to see Dr. Fred Bisci to talk to him about my last 2 years of health experiments…

Everything from the cacao incident, to the lyme disease, to the candida. He gave me a lot of clarity from the meeting, and it was a complete affirmation that we all should have mentors when it comes to our health.

After the talk, I asked Dr. Bisci if we could do a little show…

Take a watch…

Your question of the day: Are you being a willing participant in your own health journey? Are you taking the time to research and explore your options?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

To find out more about Dr. Fred Bisci, be sure you visit his website by clicking here!

1. Betty says:

Powerful, awesome advice! Great episode!

In relation to Fred’s talking about spirituality and everyone’s distinct paths in life, I think what limits a lot of people, including myself, is their unwanted emotions that limit their potential.
    About a year ago, I was in a terrible state emotionally, physically and mentally (self sabatoging and destructive). Now I’m on the path to a better lifestyle food-wise, exercise-wise, mentally and spiritually. Along with Renegade Health I wanted to share one thing that helped me tons and that was a book called the Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin. I later bought the audio program because I loved it soo much. It’s definitely something to look at and I just wanted to share it with everyone because it helped me so much emotionally, spiritually and relationship-wise.
    Thanks again for the inspirational episode!

B

PS: Instead of Raw Food Diet, I think you should call it a Raw Food Lifestyle, it represents what you’re saying more powerfully 🙂

2. crow says:

You bet I am willing to be a participant in my
    own health. I do research quite offend and no longer have arthristis, because of the research I have done.

3. dg says:

Fantastic interview! Many thanks. In answer to the question of the day, part of the reason I found this blog was out of research. The “clinical” experience or documentation part seems so difficult in vegan and raw food choices, so it seems that much more important to keep up the search for what is there, and be open to safely (moderately) learning along the way.

4. This was the best show ever! Great insight from a master. I used to stress so much about food, researched a ridiculous amount and wound up more confused than ever. Now I just eat a very high raw diet, mainly fruits and veggies and greens, very minimal supplementation, feel great, and don’t stress myself anymore. Health isn’t really that difficult.

All we need to do is eat real food as close to nature as possible, avoid the fake food, drink clean alkaline water, use EMF protection, get rid of bad dental work, decide to enjoy your work (or change it), avoid the energy-sucking vampires that creep into our lives when we’re not paying attention, become a bit more organized (my main challenge!), spend some time outdoors regularly to exercise and be realistic. Forget perfectionism.

We’re imperfect humans living in a dirty toxic world. We may never achieve perfect health and we all die but we may as well die without Alzheimer’s, diabetes, heart disease, body pain, cancer and just DECIDE to be happy and loving people who don’t hold grudges.

5. Katie says:

Dr. Bisci is such a lovely guy, a real inspiration.
    I’ve been eating about a 90% raw diet for awhile now. I used to try to to go completely raw straight at the beginning. But I find that that was being too harsh on myself. It would bring up emotions and feelings I wasn’t ready for and then I would break down and go back to old habits. I always start a meal or even a snack with something raw and eat as much as I feel like and then if I’m craving something else that’s not raw I’ll allow myself a taste of it. It’s working out amazingly and I can already see the benefits. I’ve stopped blindly following all of the experts out there and have been trying to feel it out every step of the way. And I’m loving every minute of it. So, yes, I guess you could say I’m being a willing participant in my health journey.
    Looking forward to Bisci’s documentary!
    Thanks Gianni’s!

6. penny says:

Thank you Keven and Fred! I would like to make a comment if that is ok…Have you noticed, that in the raw community older people are revered not shunned. Isn’t that interesting? In centuries past we used to honor older people, I think the raw diet is the hardert thing you will LOVE!!! There is no age in the raw world! I love being raw!!!

7. Cheryl Holt says:

Hi Kevin & Annmarie!
    Thank You Dr. Fred Bisci! That was a fantastic SHOW!!! Yes, I am an active participant in my own recovery. There is still much for me to learn on the way and I have many mentors from the Raw Food Community. As I progress on my path I meet more individuals who share and open up new information to me.

I have met beautiful Raw Foodist who are loveably transparent who give information to help others on the path. My friend Lisa and I attended the Raw Food Festival then not raw foodist but “Raw Curious” and met Jim Carey of the Chi Diet and he told us about Dr. Ann Wigmore’s work. We sat off on our journey. We also met Mango who told us about many other people. Mango also told me about the Renegade Health Show. Check it out he said and I have been a fan ever since.

That is the beauty of being here and part of this community, so many are open, and talking, and taking an active role in their own health while helping others along the way. At a recent Raw Food Meet Up Group I attended I met another wonderful Raw Foodist, Raw Matt, who shared Dr. David Jubbs name with me. I now journey into my new book enjoying it from Nomi Shannon’s suggestion The Live Food Factor and am viewing pod casts of Dr. David Jubb and Annie Jubb.

The list is vast now for Raw Foodist to get information by so many who have paved the way for us who are living by example as that is what really gets others going and is inspirational…thanks to those like Dr. Fred Bisci we have gained much knowledge. : )

Love, Light, Peace,
    Cheryl Holt
    ILUVSUPERFOODS.com

8. Jason says:

Dr. Bisci bring up a great point. As I’m fairly new to raw foods, I still haven’t developed the solid history to know what works for me. I’m still in the learning stages, and as a beginner I find myself almost overwhelmed. I am amazed how diverse the opinions are when it comes to nutrition. We hear something once and believe it’s the absolute truth. Myself, I am all about learning as much as I can, listening to my instincts, and applying what makes sense. If it works great! If it doesn’t than I try something else. It seems so simple yet we constantly argue when few of us have put these arguments to the test. In my own life I am faced with friends and family worried that I am an extremist. They complain my diet is unpractical, too expensive, and I should be worried about my nutrition. They say this with no background or understanding of raw food, or even much understanding of their own diet. This is a source of stress for me and I believe this mindset is holding me back. Perhaps this worrying is a reflection of my own uncertainties. I probably need to calm down and have some patients. This video helped me remember this important aspect of healing. Thanks so much for taking the time to interview Dr. Bisci, he is such an inspiration.

9. deb says:

Hey! Kevin,

Good show. More like this. (more speakers) Oh I love you and your wife but , variety is the spice of life : )

Deb

10. Amy says:

I love this guy! What a great example of what 80+ can be! I am a willing participant and do the research – the one factor missing is……ACTION! I read, research, evaluate and explore and dabble. I AM on the path of raw and health and LOVE it! It does help to see healthy older people loving life, to re-inforce our perspectives! I work next to the OR with daily surgs and two floors of cancer patients plus multiple floors of ICU patients – (yikes, never looked at my “job” that way) soooo, I love your show, so up-beat and full of energy!! Thank you, Thank you!!

Amy

11. Jalil says:

I like him a lot. Been planning on buying his enzymes for a while. Not sure exactly which one i should use though.

He would be a great candidate Kevin to do a full interview with in the future

12. Olessia says:

What a beautiful man:))full of Life:)… so Italian. Love it!
    I consider myself a willing participant in improving my health & well-being:), the more I read & learn, the more links & things I find to take my health to even a higher level. “The Life Food Factor” is my latest eye opener. Amazing book! It’d be awesome to have a consultation with someone like Fred Bisci, but it can get pricey. Matt Monarch is one lucky man:))

Thank you Kevin!

13. Carol B says:

I have been working on it for a little over a year, learning more every day. You mentioned yesterday about moving away from so many nuts and it seems I’m getting there as well.
    Dr. Bisci is SO cute and looks so healthy! Love him!

14. sherry says:

You betcha , absolutely I take charge of my life , what can I say I study everyday on the human body and the nature intended food (raw) for each and every one of us .. You got it stay clear of packaged , processed foods, dead animal products polluted with chemicals and antibiotics and the list goes on … & most important Listen to your higher power …You guys keep on truckin! :0)
    Sherry Holistic nutritionist

15. Wendy says:

Thankyou for a fantastic inspiring show today Kevin.
    Dr. Bisci is coming to Australia in May i think..and after watching today..I reckon I’ll be making a little pilgramage up North to hear him speak.
    What a delightful,wise elder.
    Like another wrote..it was independent learning that brought me to the Renegade Health Show..and I’m learning more every day.
    Having a lot of fun too!
    love and light
    Wendy.

16. pegrusso@yahoo.com says:

Dr. Bisci is great. Love his recommendations. He has so much wisdom. I am listening to his advice and am taking it to heart. God Bless YOU, Dr Bisci.

17. susan says:

I absolutely adored this show . It was filled with so much insightful information, thank you so much , I really enjoyed this show. I am looking forward to the Drs. documentary, I love documentaries. Take care.

18. Bill says:

I agree with Betty at the top, for me Raw Foodism is a lifestyle thing and not just diet. I am definately feeling like I am on a spiritual path also!!!

Keep up the great work 🙂

19. kellan says:

kevin. i wonder if you could tell how to get enough B12 on a raw food diet. My doctor has told me that i have low levels and she wants me to eat meat which i find unacceptable.
    Is there a raw food or vegan way of getting b12 or should i go for a supplement or a tablet?

20. Lyn says:

What an amazing interview. Thank you!

21. Gail says:

Hi Kevin

Loved the show will check out his website for more information im in the transition stage at the moment so im finding it quite hard so all this info is good for me.

Keep up the good work

22. DebB says:

Thank you Kevin for bringing us this show with Dr. Bisci! I thoroughly enjoyed it and I think he’s a remarkable man.

I appreciate what you and Ann Marie do Kevin, you’re both a gift.

Debbie *Ü*

23. Liz says:

Ditto about this being lifestyle, not diet. “Diet” implies “temporary” and this is anything but. I’ve really learned a LOT about the raw food diet from a great book, “The Live Food Factor,” by Susan Schenck. The book is like an encylopedia of the raw food diet — it’s that comprehensive. I think the more info people have, the better, and this just has a lot — testimonials, the science of the diet, and way good recipes. I lent the book to my friend, who is now hooked.

24. Viveca says:

I definitely have taken charge of my health and my life. Years ago, I took the power back from the doctors and decided it must be a partnership. Through the years, I have consistently gotten better.

Now, as a raw foodist, I have much more energy and vibrant good health. It appears to have raised my consciousness, which helps with my spirituality.

I have made so many new, and wonderful, friends since I went 100% raw (again) 9 months ago.

I love your shows, Kevin. Keep up the good work. I know that Paul Nison believes strongly in Fred Bisci and his vast knowlege. I hope you consider coming to West Palm Beach and interview Paul Nison sometime. While you’re here, you could interview Dr. Brian Clement. We are blessed to have these two here!

25. Laura says:

Dr. Bisci really is a great inspiration.
    The answer to the question is yes and no.
    I know full well to listen to my own body and that I’m an individual.

I am a willing particiant most days. Doing research. But sometimes my choices aren’t the best.

Thanks for this interview. He is awesome!!!

Are you guys on the road already?

26. Lois Kubota says:

Right on Dr. Bisci. I’m guessing most everyone who listened to this is already on the path to being a participant in their health.

The question is how do we get others to be participants.

My friends and family all think I am an extremist too, but too bad. I probably won’t be 100% raw, but I’d say I’m 75% and the other 25% vegetarian. But I feel great.

Kevin and Annmarie, thanks so much for this program. What a great program!!

27. Meri says:

Great episode. Dr. Bisci seems like a wise man, and what he said really resonated with me.
    I’m not sure I am a willing participant in my own health journey. At the moment I am not acting on much of the knowledge I have regarding healthy lifestyle choices. I have taken a step back and decided not to stress and force the changes. I’m ok with that as sometimes I need to step away from something in order to integrate the information I have immersed myself in for so long. Then my natural inclinations take me back to it in a more balanced way than before. I have already felt inclined to move back towards the lifestyle choices I was practicing before, but in slightly modified ways. I suppose the unwillingness to participate for a time followed by a renewed interest and willingness to participate could be part of a natural cycle for me in the way I learn and integrate information?
    That was a great question from the Dr. I think getting all that out has helped 🙂

28. Bobbie says:

Dr. Bisci,

You are a true inspiration to the world in today’s dark ages. The world situation really has consumed me because I do not see the masses ever waking up. All I can do is take care of myself, my love, and not reproduce. My mom, has recently been diagnosed with scirosis, which she has had longer than 6 months. This is something that is practically untreatable. The fire in her liver has caused it, so she is going to attempt going raw, and avoiding firery foods, cooked, spicy, and alcohol, and perscription meds. Raw food is her best hope in controlling the spread.

You have to be a very strong person in times like these to create your best health as there is so many who will shake your confidence as they have their judgements and tragic misimformed notions that are not good for them or you. Long live Bisci, in good health that he may offer support to those in need! Long live renegadehealth!

29. Rhonda says:

Wonderful interview!
    I am getting myself back into the Raw lifestyle.
    It’s been a slow one but little by little I have been eliminating the processed foods. love your show!

Take care
    Rhonda

30. Zsuzanna says:

Thank you for ft. this. He lays it out so completely bold, yet gentle — you wonder how anything else could make more sense this this.

balance is always key.

31. Ginny says:

Wow!!! What a great show!! As soon as I finish this I’m headed to the website. As a Christian I so agree with his statements about the importance of a spiritual life. Taking care of yourself in this world is important, but linking yourself to Someone bigger than you is even more important.

I am more than a willing participant in my healing. I’m the one who decides what is wrong and decides how to fix it. Big Medicine and Big Pharma are not about health–they are about dollars. My greatest fear is to get thrust into the health care system and lose my ability to make my own decisions. Thanks for this show!

32. Carole says:

Wondering if anyone takes Dr. Bisci’s powdered therapeutic enzymes offered for sale on the Raw Food World site. Also on at least one other raw food site that I know of. Wondering the differences between these and the capsule enzymes Dr. B. offers on his products site. If so could you share your experiences? Many thanks this opportunity.

33. Ray Harrett says:

I have done research on “Dr. Fred Bisci” and NYU has no record of him ever attending the school….
    Facts are that he only has a GED… basically he is a fraud
    I would like to see his “Phd” can you help in finding the truth.

34. Mike says:

Did he say he went to NYU?