A Tropical Fruit Paradise at La Casa Verde in Honduras – The Renegade Health Show Episode #236

Tuesday Feb 3 | BY |

No only is Wendy Green’s Yoga Retreat a great place for ashtanga yoga, it’s also a paradise of tropical fruit…

There’s so much to show, we’ve broken this down into two episodes!

Here’s the first, where Wendy shows us her bananas, papayas, acerola cherries, and more.

She also shows us how nutmeg grows on trees… amazing! 🙂

Your action of the day: Take a look at Wendy’s site! Click here!

Your question of the day: Did you know that nutmeg grew like that?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

1. Jenn says:

I am amused and glad to know that no matter where you go some things can stay the same, such as a dogs love of squeeky toys!

2. Ann Gleason says:

I always envisioned nutmeg as a weed or a plant! I guess I didn’t even think of it as a nut… How fascinating! This was one the best shows so far! Thank you for your show – I love and appreciate it so much!!!!

3. Diane Williams says:

Why did you decide not to get property in Honduras … with all that fruit available!

4. Christa says:

Wow, that looks amazing and ultra relaxing!! I had a question that I have been wondering about for some time and have not been able to find the answer anywhere. If we eat raw live food, do we still need to take digestive enzymes with that food? Also, do we need to take digestive enzymes when taking any nutritonal supplements to insure that they break down and we absorb the medicinal properties? Please answer this one, I feel that it is an important question that applies to just about everyone. Thanks so much.

5. Bill says:

WOW, the place looks awesome!!! I would consider visiting if I were not on the other side of the world!

If you love tropical fruits and are ever in Australia, then you have to visit a place near us called Tropical Fruit World – the home of the world’s largest variety of tropical fruit.

It is an awesome place for a feast!!! 🙂

6. Angel says:

Wow! I’m bedazzled by all the fruit, and the availability, to actually be able to just reach out and grab one. A friend of mine was telling me, just the other day, about when he grew up in Chile. He was talking about avocado trees and mango trees and passion fruit growing in the garden. I’ve been having amazing fantasies about that. And this just tops it of. It’s like a dream! A wonderful dream!

7. Steve says:

Thank you for my “virtual Vacation” again today. I have not been able to get away since 2000, and have now included Wendy Green’s retreat on my “bucket list” of places to experience before I leave this planet.
    Thanks again!
    – Steve
    Austin, TX

8. Amanda says:

I had no idea nutmeg was actually a nut LOL 😛 Wendy’s place looks so amazing! What I loved most about this video was how it showed and talked about different types of fruit and makes one appreciate the variety found in nature outside the regular apples and oranges you find in the grocery store. Thanks 🙂

9. sherry says:

That is an absolute incredible piece of property , all the more power to you ! 🙂 And all that yummmmmy fruit …Love it . Have a great one .
    Love and Happiness
    Sherry in beautiful vancouver island, B.C.

10. Bette says:

no way did I think nutmeg grew like that..amazingly cool.thankx

11. Chel says:

Wendy’s good vibes radiate through this computer screen!! I did not know nutmeg grew like that. That was an awesome show!

12. Kat says:

Oooh, very nice – I wish I had all those tropical fruit trees in my back yard – yummy! 😀 Thanks so much for the grand tour! I had no idea nutmeg grew like that, nor did I know that mace was a part of it – interesting!

I checked out Wendy’s website…I too would love to visit there someday!

13. Laura says:

This is great. I watched this video while eating kelp noodles and your thai sauce. What a great way to get a pasta like dish when the craving hits.

I would love to try that first thing you guys showed. I miss ice-cream.
    I didn’t quite catch the name of the fruit though. Could you repeat the name here or somewhere? Thanks.

14. Gannette says:

Why did she throw the fruit of the nutmeg away?

It can be eaten. You can make Jelly and candy.

15. Diana says:

Yep, I new that nutmeg looked like that, and grew that way. Never saw it though, thanx for the video 😀

16. Maezie says:

Yes, I knew nutmeg grew like that as I buy all my spices from Penzeys and only use whole nutmeg and grate it fresh.

17. tesla says:

does somebody know where i can buy passion fruit plants in san pedro sula, honduras?