Mamey, Sapodilla? Huh? – The Renegade Health Show Episode #208

Friday Dec 19 | BY |

We don’t get many exotic fruits in the northeast…

So I was thrilled when we went the the Tijuana farmers market and Matt Monarch introduced me to two new fruits…

Mamey and Sapodilla.

I’ve never had them before (and actually didn’t try them, since I’m still not eating much sugar), but Matt says they’re amazing!

Take a look and find out why…

Your question of the day: What weird things have you tried that you didn’t know what they were and what was your reaction?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Kevin

1. Claire says:

Your southern trip has been very interesting – thanks for taking us with you. Have you ever thought of comming over to Australia and trying some of the native food? It’s not just witchetty grubs (taste like peanut butter) and prawns. You have never tasted anything as divine as wild tomato and wattleseeds trump poppy. Thanks for the dialy dose of awesomeness. C

2. Pamela Holt says:

Matt was wearing some totally cool shoes as you guys were wandering thru Tijuana What brand are they and where can they be purchased?

3. Tami says:

There is a farm near Haifa, Israel, where there are over 110 different trees from all over the world. You can visit the place and receive information and taste the fruit of the season – all organic – like Japanese raisins tree, Arabica coffee tree, Fijoya, Papaya, Passiflora, Pitango, of course Banana and Plantago, Dates, Baobab and so many mor ethat I can’t remember – and the taste! heavenly! Long way from the USA, but you must!

4. don says:

this is really strange, at the end of the video the camera angle makes me feel like you are talking to your private parts

5. sarah says:

we absolutely luvvvv your travelling podcasts! thank you so much for doing them on the road!

6. Yasmine says:

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your shows, always interesting. I ate a “kaki” not to long ago, and I didn’t like it at all. It stuck to my teeth.

Any tips of what I could do because my feet are often cold. I wear many pairs of socks at night.

Thanks.

Yasmine

7. dede says:

great show Kevin – yeh – I was wondering about those shoes on Matt’s feet as well.

I did a google and came up with this site ( you may have to copy and paste)

not sure if they were exactly the same or not – but they looked it.

Hugs, Dede

8. Frederika Sumelius says:

What specific intermediate diet did you refer to on your Dec 19 show? I’ve been diagnosed Intestinal Candida & want to change my diet. Is the Intermediate diet a good place to start?

9. Linda says:

Loved your shows this week! Are you sure those were berries soaked in tequila and not the traditional worm at the bottom of the bottle? Eeewww! Hope not!

10. Nadia says:

Interesting “shoes” Matt had. . . what are the benefits and where can I get them?
    Thanks,
    Nadia Arevalo

11. One time I tried a Pau Pau not knowing what it was and….it was heavenly!!! I wanted a dozen more it was so good. Wow, like sweet white creamy custard. Delicious!

12. Dawn B says:

I don’t know how weird it is, but I’ve tried fresh dragon fruit. I’ve also tried just about every wild edible in my yard, from sticky weed to purslane. Haven’t tried acorns, because they need a lot of processing to be edible I hear. Still researching the other weeds 🙂

One of my dreams is to own a small farm with a ton of fruit trees and a chicken coop.

13. Jill says:

I ate a persimmon the other day, it was awful! Super juicy and soft with no real taste…plus it looked like a tomato–YUCK! 🙁