Lo Han, Blanched Almonds, Raw Honey, Ezekiel Bread and a Tour of Our Fridge – The Renegade Health Show Episode #197

Thursday Dec 4 | BY |

Bunch of questions today…

Here are the ones that I go over:

– I have a question – the recipe says for the almonds to soak overnight and blanched. Can you tell us what it meant by that (I thought blanching was a quick dip in boiling water)?

– why do u never mention lo han for use as a sweetener, which is a Chinese fruit?

– can you clarify on which honey you are talking about. I am guessing that the honey I buy in the grocerie store is not it?

– Curious…would you consider Ezekiel Bread (frozen bread you can by at the health food store based on “whole” sprouted grains) a whole food?

– My question is that fresh coconut sold in supermarket is chemical treated?

Enjoy…

Your question of the day: How often do you have dessert? (Be honest! 🙂 )

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

If you’d like to help support the Renegade Health Show, we’d love for you to join the Inner Circle and give it a 30 day trial! Click here to sign up!

Kevin

1. Jenn says:

I don’t have dessert very often, mostly holiday time but even then I don’t eat a lot. Even before trying to eat more whole foods(and more raw) I have always enjoyed dinner over dessert. If I really want it, must be on it’s own and not when I’m full from dinner.

Lately if I really crave sweets I will have something like baked squash or sweet potato with cinnamon and other spices. That and this time of year I am happy with a pomegranate for dessert, and so is my body!

2. CINDY says:

I JUST WENT THROUGH A COLON CLEANSE. I WENT SHOPPING AND BOUGHT A NEW PAIR OF SHOES IN WHICH I DELELOPED A CORN. DO YOU KNOW THE BEST WAY TO GET RID OF IT WITHOUT PUTTING POISON INTO YOUR BODY?

3. Merrilees says:

Have to tell you, Kevin, but blanching means peeling (make white, from French blanchir).

Raw honey comes in different colors according to the flowers that the bees collected the nectar from. Its easiest to get from the producers so that you can ensure it is not from a large commercial enterprise that may feed the bees on sugar. There is a lot of unacceptable practise amongst beekeepers as with other food production, so it pays to seek out the smaller local producers.

Love what you’re doing; this work is so needed.

4. Mo says:

Love what you’re doing; this work is so needed.

5. Doug44 says:

Kevin Can you do A Inter Circle Chat at night? Some of Us are Night owls and are not up that early to be there in the daytime one. Also Can you put a Real time Chat Board on here so we can all chat with Each Other? Now that would be Really Cool. bye for now Doug in Calif……..

6. DebB says:

Thanks for answering my ‘blanched almond’ question Kevin – Annmarie may have simply meant peeled.

Sweets. I have a huge sweet tooth, but try not to have “desserts” more than 1-2 times per month. I do eat fruit when I’m craving sweet though.

I love to pour frozen blueberries in a bowl and let them sit for about 10 minutes at room temperature, they’re still partically frozen. Then eat them one by one. Little frozen gems I tell ya! *Ü*

7. Ginny Fisher says:

Good show!! Sweets–not too often. I used to make our smoothies pretty sweet and now I like them more tart!! But sweet was a good transition. We eat very simply–nothing that takes a lot of effort, but everything that is the highest quality I can get or afford. We aren’t 100% raw or 100% vegan or 100% organic–but we’re both comfortable at about 80% raw, an occasional small serving of flesh, mostly fish or grass-fed lamb or bison, and occasionally beans and rice. I was more raw in the summer, but it’s cold here!! And when the weather changed I began to want slightly heavier food. And I feel good with it. I’m thankful for all the things I learn from your website. Someday I’ll join the IC. Thanks, Ginny

8. Janet says:

Cindy,

To get rid of a corn (or even a wart) in a natural way, mix equal parts of castor oil with baking soda to make a paste. Put on the corn once a day (usually best at night). It might be good to wrap it up too so you don’t get your clothes or the bed messy. This is an Edgar Cayce recipe.

9. Janet says:

I eat apples for my dessert or have mint tea (sometimes both).

Dessert for me also is a big plate of sweet avacados or a bowl of fresh tomatoes.

I also like a little organic chocolate every now and then.

10. Laurel says:

In my experience raw honey is very viscous a.k.a. it doesn’t pour very well. You kinda have to scoop it out, right?

I eat a desert every Saturday. Which I’ll probably have to quit very soon. Pretty sure I have Candida (severe acne and sinus problems). I’m going to the ND to find out for sure tomorrow. I don’t know how you keep all those deserts in your freezer . . . I would be so tempted! I wonder why I have Candida!

And amen to the frozen blueberries DebB 🙂 . Those are so awesome.

11. Linda says:

I didn’t think you could peel almonds without blanching them. Blanching is just a few seconds in boiling water just to get the skin to come off. I would still consider the almonds raw.

I wish I could sit in on the Thursday chat with you guys but I seem to always be at work. 🙁

12. Michael Fischer says:

Swore off sugar and most other sweeteners more than four years ago. Not fanatical about it though when visiting family and friends. Do still eat ice cream when I can get a hold of fresh milk and make it myself. Usually use fruit for a sweetener, but occasionally use raw honey or maple syrup. Also still enjoy Dagoba extra dark organic chocolate.

13. Muriel says:

I stay away from desserts as a rule, but i love raw chocolate nibs in my smoothie a couple of times a week.
    I do occasionally eat raw honey on toast in the morning. Also i eat a variety of fruits on a daily basis. And that is “the truth”

14. Mary Ellen says:

thank you 4 getting to my question about lo han, but what you said is why not eat the fruit, so do you know where can you purchase lo han in nyc? i know it comes in powdered form but where can you buy the fruit? being that it is a chinese fruit do they have it in chinatown or flushing where there are many asians? lychees taste pretty sweet, so what about eating them any nutritional value? i know kiwis are a great source of vitamin c.

15. Sharon says:

I don’t know if this falls into the dessert category but quite often, like almost every day, I have the Sun Warrior chocolate powder mixed with frozen strawberries and a bit of water. Good for my ice cream fix! The vanilla is good with frozen blueberries to for a change.

I’ve always had an extreme sweet tooth. On the other hand very sweet fruits make me a bit irritable and mess with my blood sugar so mixed with the protein it’s perfect. I don’t like spending much time in the kitchen so I wouldn’t mess around with the fancy stuff. Honestly, a little piece of chocolate agrees with me more than a piece of raw cake.

16. Charles Gregoire says:

Hi Kevin,

Great show as always…regarding dehydraded bread…I tried making some on a few occasions (BTW: A lot of work involved) without success. I found any time I tried to use any of the sprouted cereal grains (e.g. spouted wheat berries, or barley berries etc.) that I’d end up with very very sour tasting bread which I did not find to be very palatable. The only dehydrated bread that worked for me was spouted buckwheat bread made my mixing sprouted buckwheat groats with carrot pulp and some olive oil (again a lot of work to make this stuff).

I’ll see if I can get anymore information about how Ezekiel Bread is made (i.e. baking temperature).

I have used a product called Mana Bread which is basically the same kind of bread that Spoutman makes as per his book called Kitchen Garden but didn’t find it to be a very practical easy to use everyday bread like Ezekiel Bread. Because mana bread is soo heavy you must be careful to eat a very small quantity which I find difficult to do.

For me Ezekiel bread is a health tradeoff that provides a practical (i.e. fast , easy and convenient) way to get some cooked grain based calories in my diet. I do find, like a lot of grains, that it can become very addictive…hard to just eat a little and I do find that eating this product lowers my immunity i.e. if I let myself eat too much of it…I must walk a tight rope when using this product i.e. between getting enough conveniently accessible digestible calories in my diet and compromising immunity (i.e. too little bread/grain and I get too thin…to much and I get sick…i.e. basically tricky to balance these kind of foods because of their addictive nature). Another strategy that worked well for me…i.e. which I haven’t been using lately is to keep some pre-cooked brown rice in the fridge and just steam it for 5 minutes when I needed some grain…i.e. almost but not quite as convenient as Ezekiel bread. I don’t really like having to use cooked grains but find I personally must use them to keep from getting emaciated.

Regarding desert…I do find having something sweet at the end of a meal is nice but very addictive and hard to break once you’re in the habit which I have been lately. Lately we like to have one or two slices of lightly toasted Ezekiel bread with Macadamia nut butter with a little honey drizzled on top mmmm.

Another, perhaps slightly healthier, sweet snack I enjoy is soaked walnuts and Almonds with either raisins, goji berries, dates or figs in a small bowl mmmmm. Usually include this as part of an all raw lunch.

Another nice grainy sweet is cereal (e.g. granola, or museli or nature’s path flakes and almond milk with a bit of honey).

17. Karen says:

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY, Kevin!!! Thanks to you and Annmarie for your commitment to impacting the world in the name of “Good Health”!

I sent Annmarie an e-card on her birthday, but she did not open it. Most likely did not recognize the card website. So, a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY To You, Annmarie!

Blessings to you both,
    Karen

18. Claire says:

Hi all you northerners, I’m down here in Aussi land and my favourite dessert is frozen grapes straight from the freezer – especially as it is starting to hot up here in Sydney. On a more negative note I am a longtime addict to ice cream who is just beginning her exploration of the raw way of life and finding the all too frequent placement of gelato bars in her home suburb to be a bit trying. I must say kev and the team, I like your suggestion of just adding in more and more raw into the lifestyle a real goer and is working for me. Good on ya. Claire

19. Al Karbasi says:

This place sounds like some lonely hearts club. Not at all what i expected. These people somehow seem to think that by being here they will magically offset all the icecream they consume. Good luck.

20. Sparrow says:

Not sure what counts as dessert. Since going high raw I feel like I’m eating tons of dessert because I’m eating lots and lots of fruit. Yum! But I eat fruit before eating other foods, not after, so I don’t think that counts as dessert, does it?

Sparrow

p.s. I’ll be making sprouted bread later this week. I’m sprouting some wheat berries and when they’re 1/4 inch long, I’ll grind them in a food processor until they form a dough, then form it into a ball and dehydrate it. I’m looking forward to giving it a try!

21. Lenette says:

Love dessert! At least something sweet after dinner and sometimes lunch. Doesn’t bother me a bit 😉

22. Al Karbasi says:

To the person moderating here,

In my earlier comments i inadvertantly included my last name. Please make sure to remove that if you are going to post my comments. Thanks.

23. Kim says:

Happy Birthday to you….happy birthday to you! Hope your special day is all that you could hope for. Thank you for all the information you gather and put out for all of us to read, listen to and view. I absolutely loved the Rawkathon and look forward to the next “event”. Have a fabulous new year”!!!

P. S….was recently talking about zucchini hummus to a friend and couldn’t find the recipe but was able to access it off your site…Thanks for having so much content!

24. Liran says:

Kevin!

A little raw birdie told me it was your birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Wishing you many many more healthy, and happy years!

Liran

25. Hey Kevin
    Happy Birthday! for the whole weekend! I have to tell you–everything you do for us is amazing and so real and sincere–your info is slowing changing my life back to great again. Your fun videos pop into my emails and give me such great ideas–I always have to tell all my family…they are starting to say…who is this guy Kevin! Pretty soon they will be hooked too! Thanks for helping me focus in a fun way on getting back in shape and being the best me I can be!

26. Lonnie says:

Happy Birthday Kevin!
    Your videos are fun and motivating. Your encouragement has inspired me to add more and more raw into my diet and now my husband is getting on board. I am greatful for you and Annmarie, the recipes, the exercises, and your goofiness. May this next year be even better than the last.

27. Justin says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!!!!

28. Dana S says:

HEY KEVIN!
    HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!I love your enthusiasm and diplomacy on the show and your love for getting the information out there!YOU’RE HELPING TO CHANGE THE WORLD!HOpe you have a blast.

regards,

Dana

29. Leslie says:

I used to eat deserts all the time. Now that I’m raw vegan, my desire has greatly diminished. Maybe 1-2x month. Well, holiday raw vegan potluck season, I do enjoy the variety of raw deserts. I even made a raw pumpkin pie (crust from Matt Amsden, filling Annie Phyo) Some raw dishes are better than others, but with a well stocked kitchen, it’s easy and fun to improvise and experiment.

30. Rhonda says:

Thank you for everything you are doing enrich our long and healthy lives with knowledge and advice to continue to better our lives…..Thank you……….

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!!

(Also, Thank you to Ann Marie for all of the tips and cooking demos that we love)

31. janet moorhouse says:

Dear Kevin
    Happy Birthday! Your sincerity and passion are always a welcomed gift. Wishing you a fabulous day and the Best Year Yet!!

32. Maya B says:

Hi Kevin,
    Happy Birthday to you!!
    Thanks to your website and all the information you share with us – I just got the Simply Raw movie in my mail and i’m excited to share it with my family 🙂 Enjoy your weekend!

33. Daniella says:

Happy Birthday Kevin.

A little bird tells me you’re 30 now. Please enjoy your whole weekend. I watch your show daily, although I’m one day out as I’m in the UK. Fitness Friday on a Saturday is an interesting concept.
    Please keep on what your doing now. It’s great.

34. ann says:

happy birthday kevin!!!!! hope you have a great birthday you are an inspiration to all of us that want a better way to live. and to me personally i just could’nt do it woth out you both, thanx for more than you know
    ann x

35. Jacqui says:

Hi Kevin, wow thirty,such a great time of life. Have an awsome weekend and a terrific day on Sunday, it will also be a celebration for my husband and I, our 6th anniversary(wedding). Thanks for all your help in choosing a healthy lifestyle,always look forward to your episodes.
    And yesss…I LOVE dessert.

36. Nikki Douglas says:

Happy Birthday Kevin! You are such a lovely person filled with so much good intention and insight. It has been a pleasure watching your show and your videos and interviews. You have a wonderful future in store since you are still very young and accomplishing so much. I thank you for the kindness and compassion that is always evident in everything you do. Bright blessings to you.

37. Mike says:

Happy 30th Birthday Kevin! Have the best birthday Ever! You Rawk! Talk soon,

Mike Snyder

38. Markji says:

Kevin…

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear KEVIN!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.

Have a great weekend.

Peace,
    Markji

39. derek moore says:

ALMONDS should be soaked overnight and if you want to peel the skins off they come away easily with the fingers after the soaking period. Some recipe books say to blanch after soaking which is supposed to make it easier to peel off skins.
    Skins should be removed as they do contain small amounts of toxins

40. Miriam says:

Happy Birthday Kevin!
    Your daily posts are fabulous to read here in Australia-. Some days your info about the passion and excitment of the raw food movement in the US gets me thinking of airline tickets and joining you guys!
    May your year be full of juicy lushesness
    Miriam

41. Izziee says:

Happy birthday fellow December b-day baby! Mine is the 11th.

May this be a very special 30th natal-day!!!!!

Blessings!

42. Fiona says:

Happy 30th Birthday Kevin! I hope you have a fantastic weekend, and an awesome year ahead! You have become an important component in my quest for achieving a healthy lifestyle. Your genuine desire to help people improve their health really comes through, and I thank you for all your hard work in bringing us such an informative and entertaining show!

43. kim says:

kevin i joined the renegade round table on 11/27/08 and never received any log in information? i have tried emailing you twice not sure what else i can or should do. can you please get back to me with the log information. thank you

44. Rawlee says:

Kevin,

I wish you nothing but good and I send positive vibes your way for you 30th birthday! The first fifth is done. Congrats and keep up the good work!

Rawlee

45. Lorenz says:

Happy Birthday Kevin!

46. Don says:

Kevin,

Happy B-Day I enjoy listing to you and want to thank you for all the interviews you have done. Enjoy all the positive energy and love that I am sending to you and Annmarie.

Have a wonderful and blessed day,

Don

47. Reg says:

Hi Kevin,

Have a great birthday and store all the happy memories.

Thanks also for all your video blog help, advice and infectious enthusiasm.

You are a great couple together.

Reg
    (Scotland)

48. Jenny says:

Kevin,

Happy 30th birthday. I wish you a fantastic day and a year ahead of much happiness and laughter.

Jenny

49. andy says:

DOnt eat at all

50. Kat Bowie says:

Dear Kevin,

I just have a few things to say to you right now!

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR KEVIN,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!”
    (sung loudly with joy and enthusiasm!)

Thank you and Annemarie so much for all the love, inspiration, information and effort you bring to this project of love. I so appreciate it as do many of your readers, I am sure!

You have an incredible loving wife, Kevin, which I am sure you know far better than I. But, it was she who let out this information about this momentous occasion. What a great partner you have.

I send you both many blessings, thanks, love and joy. And birthday wishes, of course.

In Light and Peace,
    Kat Bowie
    Kansas City, MO, USA

51. Rachel says:

Wishing you a very blessed and happy Birthday!!!
    May God grant you many more!!!
    God bless you and Annmarie always!!!
    Thank you for everything you both do!!!!
    Rachel from Northern Ireland

P.S Do you ever use stevia??

52. sarah says:

i have a salty crunchy spicey sour tooth, rather than a sweet tooth, so i dont crave desert but maybe once a month. but my husband has a supersweettooth so about once or twice a week i vitamix up a raw fruit pudding for dessert, sometimes with a couple drops of stevia in it. this has worked great for him! he loves it. we both do. also about once a week in a little cup i make ‘mashed’ nutbutter, honey, carob, a little cacao, pinch of salt, and maybe a little lucuma powder or vanilla. one spoonful of nutbutter and half or a quarter spoonful of the other ingredients. it’s just a little bit which goes a long way. we usually eat it out of the cup or i roll it into little balls and maybe coconut and put in the fridge a bit…angela stokes often makes something like this to eat after her meals and i got the idea from her. both these desserts are really fast and easy. i personally luv a bowl of frozen fruit(s) for dessert.

53. Claudia says:

Happy 30th birthday Kevin!!!
    I am not sure if you know how much you help us all by changing our lifes when you share all the wonderful and priceless information with us, I have a 2 year old boy and a 5 month old baby girl and their lifes are going to be impacted by the hard work you do by bringing us all this knowledge. Thanks so much for your hard work, wonderful big heart and compasion. My you have many many birthdays ahead of you! God bless.

54. sarah says:

happy birthday kevin!!!!!!!!!!!!
    may your 30th be the best birthday youve ever had!
    youve given so much to us and great things are coming back to you every day!
    we reallllllly appreciate your work and site!!!!!!thankyou!
    HAPPY DAY!

55. FrankieClaire says:

Kevin, We eat at least one fruit most days. As far as a made dessert, it would be very rare.
    Have a happy birthday. May God bless you and keep you on the right track.

FrankieClaire

56. sarah says:

kevin, earlier this year, you asked us a question of the day that was – how do we get rid of a wart? and lots of folks posted some great answers…well, i suddenly have a teeny wart that has popped up on one of my fingers. can you tell me how to find that particular post with the wart info? i tried your search feature on this site but it doesnt come up with anything, since warts were not the topic of your day, just the question to us.
    thankyou soooooooooo much.

57. DENISE says:

HARTELIJK GEFELICITEERD

WHICH MEANS HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN DUTCH.

HAVE A REAT YEAR AND AWESOME HEALTH

FIJNE DAG=GOOD DAY 😉

58. DENISE says:

FORGOT THE G BEFORE GREAT, HAHA 😀

59. Sunflower says:

Hey Kevin,

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY on Sunday!!!!
    Would you believe you and my husband both came into the world on the exact same day/same year! And you are both pretty special!!
    Thanks for all your hard work keeping the world informed on all things health!

Sunflower

60. Sue says:

Happy Birthday Kevin!! Thanks for all the great information you and Anne Marie provide on your posts. I love the videos and have learned much from them. Have a great 30th!!!

61. Happy Birthday Kevin!
    I love your show and all that you are doing with the site…I hope you have a great day on Sunday!

62. Bette says:

Sweets..yummy..raw chocolate truffles I make…eat when I want some sweety treat.

the honey thing.Really to get raw honey,just ask the beekeeper if it is really raw and uncooked.
    My dad was a beekeeper.The raw honey,at first looks like a rich amber thick color.It will,after some time in the shelf,start to crystalize and turn whitish.BUT just because it is liquid and amber does not mean it is not raw,it is simply closer to extraction time(extraction being a spinner that spins the honey so fast that the centrifical(?) force spins it off the combs) and hasnt crystalized yet.
    So you must know the source and ask questions.If it says on the label,raw,unheated and unprocessed,then you are pretty safe. Happy raw honey hunting,theres alot out there.

63. Nancy says:

Happy Birthday Kevin!!

Thank you for all you are doing to help others!!

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!

Love,
    Nancy

64. Kim says:

Happy 30th Kevin, May You Be Blessed. Thank You so much for all you give. Peace Be With You, sincerely, Kim

65. Kadi says:

happy birthday! love your shows! all the best,
    k

66. jessica says:

i like dessert sometimes too much. i love chocolate….oh so much.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN. Thank you for all that you do. You are an inspiration, love your energy. Wishing you a fabulous day, you deserve all good things. Blessings!

67. debbie says:

Hi Kevin,
    Happy Birthday — I love watching these 10 minutes a day episodes! It’s great to see someone *real* just chatting it up with everyone. AND I’ve learned quite a bit, not only through you and your shows (including the Rawkathon) but by doing more research on subjects mentioned that I may not have even heard about.
    So THANKS VERY MUCH

Rock on!
    -debbie

68. Alissa Benjamin says:

Happy 30th Birthday!

69. Carol Kraft says:

Happy Happy 30th Birthday Kevin!!

Such a wonderful pup you are(speaking from a middle aged woman)!

Thankyou for all you do! I am so touched by your passion, sincerity, genorosity and love of life. Keep on motoring and wishing you a fun filled,loving celebration.

Carol (from snowy Ontario, Canada)

70. Karen says:

I love your show, your energy and your enthusiasm. A lot of times, you validate my intuition. Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

71. Elizabeth says:

Hi Kevin
    Happy Birthday – with many more to follow!!

The work you are doing is so very halpful to so many – as you must realise from the comments that you receive. Thank to Anne Marie and yourself for that!

Desserts are very attractive to me as they sit on the serving table – but when eating ‘regular food’ they had a delirious affect on me when they were ingested – may be one hour after or less!!! The discomfort was too great SO… I now am in the habit of not partaking in dessert !

As someone else said – I eat fruit maybe an hour before I have a meal so that doesn’t count as dessert – does it!!?

Again – Happy Birthday Kevin!

72. Vanessa Rodriguez says:

HI Kevin!!!

HAPPY B DAY, or in spanish FELIZ CUMPLE!!! i hope you have a lovely day to kick start a great weekend!! 🙂

you’ve given such a great service- and with service you tend to receive more than you give. funny huh? either way, i started being RAW about 3 months ago. And it’s been much easier to stay focused after becoming a part of your online community. I have met/conversed with people from all over. it’s so good i can’t put it into words!

my wish for you- nothing but the best!!

<3 +Vane

73. Nellie says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

KEVIN……YOU’RE AWESOME!

74. Shona says:

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN:)
    You are a Beautiful Being:)
    with love
    Shona xxx :0)

75. sans says:

Raw is unprocessed honey which still contains pollen, propolis, sometimes the honeycomb and the important live enzymes. eating honey from your local bee keeper has many benefits that can help protect you from seasonal allergies, and you know how they keep their bees (what they feed on)and the big bonus…you support the local food system!
    Big birthday wishes for Kevin, thanks for sharing you knowledge, and providing a great fourm to gather and learn. Peace and wellness-momo-sans

76. LAP says:

Hi Kevin and AnnMarie

I couldn’t agree with you more with regards to Practitioners working WITH each other, and that sharing information is so so important – and where you two provide such value to the world!
    Here in the UK, there is something called the “Global Wellness Circle” which has really just started but fast getting underway. “Circles” are being formed in key towns/cities for Practitioners to share with others (and the public), their skills and expertise. At the GW evenings, 5-6 practitioners speak for 10-15 minutes about their specific modality (they don’t “sell it”). The public can come and listen, and talk with the health practitioners too. So it really is bringing people, and “natural” holistic health together in new and exciting ways! Wouldn’t it be great if this spread all over the world!!! http://www.global-wellness-circle.com for anyone interested.

Best wishes to you both AND …drum roll… HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!! Mine was the 4th Dec – and I could just TELL you were a Sagittarian!!! Have a wonderful day and god bless you both,
    Lucy-Ann (UK)

77. Catherine says:

I eat dessert maybe 3 or 4 times a year. There is a recipe for cherry cake with cherry sauce that’s been in my family since my siblings & I were little, that my sister always makes for our Thanksgiving and Christmas meal, and I always have one piece of it. This is not a raw foods dessert. It’s made with wheat, milk and eggs, all of which I am allergic to, but can eat on those very rare occasions without any effects, since I avoid them like the plague most of the time. Other than that, unless someone has a really good apple pie, that is not overly sweetened, since I can’t stand the taste of sugar, I don’t bother with dessert.

It’s not that I’m a super strong, self-controlled person. The strawberry-banana or green smoothies I make for my supper (with no sweetener added) are much more of a treat to me than any of the sugary concoctions commonly called dessert. I’d like to work up a recipe of my own for a dehydrator-baked apple pie (applesauce pie does NOT appeal to me), but as of yet I do not have an excalibur, and I have other major projects to finish before I can devote time to developing a recipe.

78. Miia says:

Hey Kevin! You are absolutely awesome, happy birthday to you!!!

Miia

79. Catherine says:

Happy birthday, Kevin. May this be your best ever, and may you have many more.

80. Stephanie says:

Happy Birthday Kevin! I hope this will be a fantastic year for you. Thank you for all the work you do – I love watching the show & listening to the interviews. You area making a huge difference for a ton of people.

81. chai says:

loving wishes to you for your birthday Kevin!
    i just love you and look forward to hearing what you have to say every day.
    you have such a sweet spirit and such genuine interest and curiosity. i love your energy and feel like you are a good friend (don’t know what I would do without your renegade health show to inspire me everyday!)
    i hope you have a truly lovely day. I know you will because I am sure that Annemarie will make it special.
    love and birthday wishes from oregon!

82. Susane says:

Happy Birthday Kevin! Together we can help you celebrate your birthday ONE BIRTHDAY BLESSING AT A TIME! Your energy is priceless. Keep up the good work and celebrate who you are!

Susane

83. Geri says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN 🙂

Thank U 4 all that U do to take care of us out here. We do Appreciate you and your lovely wife Anne Marie.

Kevin stick 2 your guns, U R right on track my brother.

Have an AWESOME Holy Spirit filled Birthday and may all your wishes come true.

Hugs, love and blessings,

Geri M.

84. Patricia A'amina says:

Happy 30th birthday Kevin!!! I agree with probably about 90% of what you do and say on this blog (and your Rawkathon, etc., interviews are incredible); your awesome integrity and good intentions come across 100%… Keep up the good work… you are appreciated!

85. Maria says:

Hey Big Dog!! Have a Happy Bday. I always enjoy seeing/hearing your RH shows. It is a great surprise to find them in my Inbox whenever I least expect it. I wish you a most happy day…my Bday is on Thursday too!

86. sheree says:

Hi Kevin,
    I just wanted to say HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY! Have a great day!!!!

87. Siu says:

Happy Birthday Kevin. You’re amazing. You inspire us with your energy and enthusiasm. Have a wonderful day!
    Love to you and Annmarie
    from Siu

88. Karen says:

Happy Birthday, Kevin!

Thank you so much for all you do! You certainly deserve a wonderful birthday!

89. Susan says:

Hey Kevin,
    An Awesome Best, Happiest Birthday Ever to you–you really brighten so many of our lives and we thank you! And you and Annemarie KEEP ON GIGGLING—what could be more professional then spreading joy like that, while simultaneously imprinting your message it in most people’s minds much more effectively than some dry, stuffy, serious cooking show? That is your unleashed spirits coming out to play, and the minute we see it we start to giggle too, and it can create a huge ripple, which the world needs now more than ever. It is what makes you different and special. THANK YOU! HA HA Hee HEE HEE Ho ho ha HA ha HA HA! Susan

90. Happy Birthday Kevin!!! Thank you so much for your dedication to the natural health community and bringing great information to people like us everyday. Be Blessed!

Grant

91. Laura says:

Hoppy Bird day… Hippie Beard day… I mean Happy BIRTH Day Kevin! (Don’t forget to give thanks to your Momma!) Thank you so much for these great health shows I so look forward to each day, and for all the interviews!!!
    The frozen “manna bread” sold in health food stores by “Natures Path” is not cooked at low temperatures, and is not therefore a raw food. If people want a truly raw manna (Essene) bread they’ll have to make it themselves. Might want to check out what Doug Graham has to say about grains though. He wrote a book called “Grain Damage” which explains it thoroughly. (hope I’m allowed to advertise that here…?) Keep on rawkin! Love, Laura

92. Susan says:

Hi-just noticed all the typos in my email up there, eek! About ‘Blanched”-LIke Mo said, the word blanche means “white”, and the way they do it in the cooked world is to submerge almonds into hot water for seconds or a minute, and when they come out they are easier to peel-they ARE being lazy, Annemarie!. So when we soak raw almonds and peel them, we just have to scrape the little rib that is along the edge of the almond first, and this loosens up the rest of the skin for peeling. It is admittedly not as easy as the heat treatment, but the almonds are a lot sweeter and more moist and plump, so , definitely worth it!
    I have a major sweet tooth and feel a bit guilty about it, as I am really wanting to begin my health business with a bang, and no matter what I try, I feel like a fraud, as I am addicted to the stuff. Like Kevin said, the minute you say NO to yourself, there is a little rebel in there who wants to go to the opposite extreme.
    However, when I let myself, i don’t seem to want to stop, either.
    Dostoyevsky seemed to be thinking on this a lot in his books-why do we, when we know what is ethical and high and beautiful–still end up being attracted to the dark side?!! Moths to flames? Even if the thing we want to do most in our lives is to be “pure”?!! THis question has been, as of yet, the agony of my life!

93. Betty Hartgrove says:

Happy Birthday
    May your birthday
    be a time of reflection
    of where you’ve come from,
    a celebration of where you are,
    and full of joyful expectation as
    you continue to grow in the Lord,
    and may this special day
    bring a blessed reminder
    that God loves you more
    than you ever dreamed.

May God bless and keep you in His loving care.
    Betty

94. Kay says:

Hey, Kevin, Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have an awesome day, and another awesome year to come. Guess we can safely assume that you won’t be having a raw cacao birthday cake, though! 😉

95. Randy baker says:

Happy Birthday Kevin.
    I appreciate your effort for health.

96. Michelle says:

Happy Birthday Kevin, and thanks for all that you do! Have an awesome weekend and may all your birthday wishes come true!

97. Diana says:

Happy birthday Kevin,
    You have a personality that makes people love you and you have a most precious wife, so next I hope you find the home of your dreams for your birthday. Have a great birthday.

98. Nancy says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Thirty -you have soooo many years to go. With your knowledge and desire to know the both of you will be “young” and healthy forever!
    Love & light, Nancy

99. Mary says:

Happy Birthday Kevin
    Lots of love to you
    May love and joy and laughter
    Skip right along with you

Thankyou for your emails
    And all the shows you share
    Know that they are much enjoyed
    So nice to see you care

So have a great day Sunday
    With dear sweet Annmarie
    Enjoy our Mother’s natural gifts
    That flow from Divine Sea

Mary 🙂
    xoxoxo

100. Kim Thompson says:

HEY – HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!! I’d like to wish you the best birthday ever and a great memorable year! Thanks so much for all the informational (and hilarious) posts, as well as all the time and effort you put in to helping others. The rawkathon was an amazing conference and I refer to my notes all the time – in fact, just popped some vitamineral green into my smoothie! Anyway, THANKS and ENJOY your day with your beautiful wife! Sincerely, Kim Thompson

101. juliana says:

I love making raw sweet treats, and eating them , it was a great help to transition, but know i am on a “nuts free” diet so i can loose some more weight…

102. juliana says:

oh , ps. I’ve sent you a birthday message via your contact e mail but i guess here it would be better place to post it , so HAPPY NEW KEVIN! Thank you for all your help, you are certainly doing a great job helping change the world 🙂

103. Shamai says:

Kevin, I NEVER eat deserts, and I just might now that it’s your birthday…HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!

104. Dorian says:

Happy, happy Kevin! May you have the most wonderful birthday and fun time this weekend with Annemarie. Thanks for all of the great work you do-keep it up! Your shows are really helpful in getting the word out about healthy living. Live Awesome!

105. Anne says:

Dear Kevin,

Wishing you a Very Happy 30th Birthday. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

I’ve just recently started looking into eating raw food and am overwhelmed at the amount of information provided on your web site. Thank you so very much for all you’re doing to bring clarity and common sense to this world,
    Anne

106. Jacqueline Orellana says:

I wish Kevin a blissful “bon anniversaire” and take the opportunity to thank him 30 times over and Annemarie for everything you do.

With much love,

Jacqueline

107. Nadia says:

(I hope I am posting this in the right place)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KEEVVIIINNNN…
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Wishing you the best ever and thanking you for being who you are!!

Nadia

108. Terry Pennebaker says:

Hi Kevin,
    Happy 30th Birthday!!!! Thank you for your extraordinary commitment to our health. Before listening to your shows, I had been eating Raw for about 7 years but I lacked energy and wasn’t as informed as I needed to be. Through your shows I’ve dramatically increased my energy, improved the condition of my gums, added some important vitamins and vitamineral green to my diet, learned some exercises, stretching techniques and gotten great recipes from from Annmarie. Really, Kevin I can’t thank you enough for the difference you’ve made in the quality of my life and health. Keep doing what you’re doing. You are an enormous contribution to the planet!! We love and appreciate you so much. Terry

109. Annette says:

Happy Birthday Kevin,

Thanks for the honey tip, didn’t mean to give you so much trouble.

I work at an restaraunt so i eat dessert..hmmmm…..well..ekkkkg..maybe be 3x/wk. Sugar is my vice. Really want to break it. I know my life would be different…but it just has a hold on me. Need some serious help. Thanks so much for your show. You and Anmarie are so inspiring…normal ppl doing not-so-normal things…yet in a normal way. I love it!

110. Joe says:

Happy 30th Birthday Kevin. 38 more and you would have caught up with me. Been with you for three years now and I wish I had all this info when I was your age. I pray that your next year is blessed
    joe

111. alysha says:

Hey Kevin! Happy Birthday!!! I really love your videos (esp. the food demos! everything always looks so good!) Thanks for keeping us all informed! Have a splendid birthday!

112. Sita says:

Happy birthday Kevin!!! And a wonderful weekend for you both with many many best wishes and thankyous for all your good work!
    Sita

113. Mauro says:

Hi Kevin, your show is wonderful!A lot of thanks to you and AnnMarie!
    And I wish you an happy, wonderful birthday!!

A big hug from Italy,
    Mauro

(I have to confess…I eat dessert 4/5 times a week…)

114. Nicole says:

I have a MASSIVE sweet tooth. I am at a crossroads right now…not sure whether to plow into 80/10/10 or read more about Gabriel Cousins Rainbow Live Food.
    I do eat a LOT of fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth but do not often make “desserts” with sweeteners or other intensely sweet or dense ingredients. I leave that stuff for parties or other opportunities to introduce others to raw, kind of like you said today!
    I actually have some apple cookies (recipe from Matt Amsden’s Rawvolution, love that book!) in the dehydrator right now for a holiday party this weekend.

115. Elaine says:

Hope you have a fantastic 30th Birthday Kevin! Thank you so much for all of your great knowledge and information on health, you and your wife are a real inspiration! You have helped me so much and I’m sure you have helped so many others. I have been raw for over 6 months now. I am doing great but I still can’t seem to control my sweet tooth, I eat some kind of a raw dessert everyday, I suppose at least its better than the processed desserts I was eating 6 months ago. I am hoping the cravings will eventually disappear as I will probably need to do a Candida cleanse. Do you have any tips on how to control sweet cravings? Thanks again for your work, I love watching your show! You both rock! Love Elaine

116. Charlotte Delvaux says:

Hi kevin!
    I’m sort of new, but I’ve been watching a lot of the shows and I have to say I’m absolutely a huge fan. I love dessert especially chocolate desserts but since I’ve been in college I practically don’t eat any anymore- maybe a small piece of really dark chocolate every once in while:)
    I’ve found that I really only enjoy desserts when the’re homemade with high quality ingredients and when I can enjoy them with family or friends:)

This is really off topic but can i use Dr. Bronners liquid soap as tooth soap?
    I’m eating mostly raw and consuming very little sweet, but I have receding gum lines and very sensitive teeth whenever I brush… I’m on a tight budget so I’m not looking to buy real tooth soap right now.

Thanks and happy soon b-day Kevin!!
    Charlotte

117. Dorothy Clark says:

Hi Kevin: HAPPY bIRTHDAY!!!!!!
    I really enjoy your website and all the info I get from your videos. I particularly appreciared your warning about cacao. Keep
    up the good work, You and Annemarie.
    God bless!!!! Dorothy

118. Cindy says:

Hey Kevin,
    Happy Birthday! Hope all your wishes come true.
    Your blog has been a great resource and inspiration. Thanks for the work that you and Annmarie put up! Go Renegadehealth (:

119. DRD says:

Kevin: DRD here! I just wanted to take a moment to wish you a happy birthday and let you know how much I appreciate you, being you. Your enthusiasm, diligence, committment and ethics are unparalleled in any realm of business and information technology. You are always an inspiration and I want you to know how much I apprecite your efforts personally as a health care professional dedicated to helping people experience and express their best lives. You are an integral and indispensable part of a larger community that will only make the future more promising, more productive and more fulfilling for having had contact with you!

Happy Birthday and many, many more!

With love and respect,
    DRD

120. CJ says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN, FRIDAY THE 5TH!! HAVE AN ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY WEEKEND TO START OFF YOUR 30TH!!

121. Thomas says:

Happy Birthday Kevin!
    Keep up the good work.

122. CJ says:

I MEANT TO SAY HAVE A WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY, DON’T WANT TO MAKE YOU OLDER UNTIL THE 7TH!! YOU HAVE GIVEN SO MUCH OF YOURSELF, I HOPE YOU HAVE A DAY FOR YOU!! PEACE, CHRISTINA

123. mary says:

Happy 30th Birthday, Kevin!! Hope you have a terrific day of celebrating YOU and hope the year ahead will be nothing short of AWESOME! I am so enjoying your show and all the great information you share with us . . . I am just taking baby-steps (despite my advanced age!), but I am hopeful. Birthday Blessings, Mary

124. Andy says:

Happy Birthday Kevin

You are truly an amazing person.

I hope you have the best 30th birthday party ever, you deserve it. Keep up the good work.

Andy, Liverpool, England

125. Kathie says:

“HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY ” KEVIN !!

lIFE JUST GETS STARTED AT 30.THANK YOU FOR RENEGADE HEALTH YOU HAVE OFFERED SO MUCH.
    HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!

kATHIE

126. mary says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN
    thank you for your interveiews and information keep up the good work

127. Dede says:

You know Kevin…you are awesome..what a blessing in my life! God made you very unique and YOU have a QUEST my brother..KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! You deserve the best birthday ever this year. I am thankful that you and AM were not hurt in that accident….you two are like family to me. I look forward each day to clicking in with you.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!!!!!!!

128. barb sawyer says:

G’day mate, as they say in Oz…
    Wishing you an awesome 30th birthday.
    Love your site.
    Love your energy.
    Love your willingness to share what you have learnt thru your own experiences.
    On the 14th Dec I will have been married for 40 years !! Now that is truly Awesome !!!
    Peace and love,
    Barb,Melbourne, Australia.
    PS: Only have desert on special occasions.

129. Daniel Vitalis says:

Brother and Fellow Warrior of the North…

Yes… another revolution around our great Star to mark your ever expanding evolutionary quest! Welcome out of your Saturn Return!

All you do is deeply appreciated, and I find solace in the knowledge that you are aside me on the front lines… Continue forward fearlessly!!!

You were born for this!

Live Forever!

~Vitalis

130. del says:

Just when we meet with friends for dinner or on holidays. I’m not big on desserts, either. Fruit is my first choice. Pomegranate is my fun dessert. I feel like a wild animal with the red juice dripping down my mouth. And so good for you. I do however have a Flaxseed Organic Bar too, which is getting more and more way too sweet for my taste now. My wife is hooked on desserts more than I am. I keep asking if I’m sweet enough for her? But I just get a blank look and she reaches for the dessert.

131. lisa says:

Dear Kevin,
    wishing u a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY weekend. Thankyou for BEING BORN! and
    sharing your self with so much vivacity, integrity and generosity, not to
    mention variety! Have a great day:-)
    Lisa B

132. Margaret, Manchester England says:

Have a fantastic birthday this weekend Kevin – you deserve it! I was just listening to your interview with Frederic and you really inspire us to go for gold! Thanks for your continuing encouragement- all the best for 2009!

133. del says:

Happy Birthday Dude! You and Annmarie continue to be an inspiration in our lives. Thanks for all you do. In my dictionary under AWESOME are your names. Keep on, keeping on. I look forward to next year because I can’t wait to see what incredible creativity that continues to sprout out of you. From the first day I heard you on the RawSummit I said, “I like this guy. He has something special coming through him. It’s authetic and honest” You have been a wonderful conduit to our health knowledge. Thanks so much for that. We love you guys.

del & tri

134. Bryan&Wendy says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!! We really love you & Anne Marie & whatyou are doing! We’ve been struggling with going raw & allthis stuff for sometime now. You’ve been very,very inspirational! It is people like you guys &someday me & Wendy that are helping to really turn this world around. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!!! P.S. GO FIRE SIGNS!!!

135. nomi says:

Happy Birthday My Friend
    See you soon, Rocky and Nomi

136. CINDY says:

happy bithday kevin here’s a awesome drum roll to your 30th http://www.biertijd.com/oudbruin/content.php?article.668

137. Happy Birthday Kevin!!!!
    Thank you for your inspiration & Energy. Thank you so much for Rawkathon it was amazing! I have been raw for several months now and all the great information was extremely helpful to me. You add so much to the raw food community. Keep up the great work and have an awesome birthday!!!!
    Love, health, happiness & fun to you and Annmarie,
    Debbie Tlach a.k.a. Artistgirl

138. Estrella says:

Happy Birthday Kevin!! May you be blessed with all that is good. I am so thankful that I was guided to your site. Both you and Annmarie are a huge source of inspiration, encouragement, and fantastic information. All delivered from the heart and with a realness that touches my life here in Washington State. I love how you manage to motivate and educate while making me laugh. Thanks for all that you do and for your vision.

139. Kyle Battis says:

Hev Kev,

Hmmm, that video code did not work so here is my You Tube version:

Happy Birthday!

Kyle Battis

140. Heyward says:

Happy birthday! In my country, your birthday is weeklong event. Parades, carnivals, ceremonial donkey sacrifice- whole TOWN shut down to celebrate birth of mighty American hero!

141. Heyward says:

Oh, the “dessert question:”

I eat French fries, seasoned french fries in a honey mustard glaze, white melba toast (with 78% hydrogenated butter), fresh- baked brownies, cheesey breadsticks…I work at a restaurant and have free access to all these goodies.

The rest of the day, it’s greeen juices, goji berries, sprouts, etc. But when the dinner shift comes…fuuuuurget about it. I am truly amazed: at what point in my life was I so deprived of pastries and french fries that I decided to manifest a place where I would be constantly surrounded by the stuff FOR FREE!!!
    Does anyone know the name of a good hypnotherapist?

And yes, yes, I saw the Eckhart Tolle thing on french fries, where he says to “be as aware as possible while engaging in the addictive behavior,” yet it doesn’t help. I still binge like crazy, ESPECIALLY if I’ve had a lot of alkalizing foods earlier in the day. It’s like I want to acidify again.

HELP!! HELP!!! HELP!!!

142. Viveca says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEVIN! I enjoy your shows and appreciate all that you do!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

143. Wendy says:

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY KEVIN!!!
    Peace,
    ~Wendy

144. Jamie says:

Happy 30th Kevin!!!

I hope your birthday is spectacular and just the beginning of an awesome year full of fun, discovery, optimum health and inspiring realizations. I celebrate you for being the gift of life that you are! You are an inspiration to all who have the honor of knowing you. Thank you for being you – a conscious, passionate, devoted, selfless, vulnerable, caring, humorous and “make-things-happen” kind of a guy.

It’s amazing that I have never met you in person, but have been touched by you and on many levels. Thanks for being such a pure and open channel for the world.

Love and blessings, Jamie

145. Melissa says:

hey

love your site! but… i am becoming concerned. you are getting close to david wolfe territory. your site and emails are a little too “car salesman-ish” to me. all these “click here!!” and “only 19.99!!”. it’s a turn off.

what do u think about hairy brown coconuts

146. LuAnn Agustin says:

Hi Kevin and Annmarie!
    Happy Birthday, Kevin! Many, many more to come. Blessings are heaped upon you for all that you do! Thank you!

147. Rubarb says:

Happy Birthday, Kevin! I love your show. You and Ann Marie are so wonderful. I’ve just begun my raw journey, and have been adding more and more raw meals to my diet over the past several months.
    Thanks so much for the Rawkathon. It was amazing and I really appreciate all the information that you make available. I also love the way you invite us into your home and into your life. It’s obvious that you do your research and we all get to benefit from it.
    Have a fantastic weekend!!!

148. lauren says:

Kevin, Just wanted to wish you a

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I hope you are able to enjoy every minute of it!

You and Annmarie have the most enjoyable un-cooking demonstrations! Thank you.

You have invited us into your home like we are family. Keep up the good work and have a Wonderful Birthday !

149. Dottie says:

Happy Birthday, Kevin!! You are so appreciated!!

You have helped us continue the journey into raw foods–especially now dealing with GBM (glioblastoma multiforme)cancer stage IV. We would love to know of anyone else who has ever faced this same battle with raw foods.

150. John says:

Happy birthday! I do have a sweet tooth and like to finish many meals with something sweet. I don’t always have dessert but pretty often I guess, I do try to keep it on the healthy side though with fruits, nuts, and honey.

151. Michelle H says:

Hi, Kevin.

Just writing to wish you a wonderful 30th birthday. Your work is inspiring. I truly appreciate all Annmarie and you do!

Enjoy!

152. Happy 30th Birthday ! You are an inspiration 🙂

153. OMG, 30…. Nice. Well, I do eat a dessert every other day and everyday if I fell like it..usually falls one week out of the month, HA.(Can u say Candida?) Either way, I have an awesome recipie that one of my colon hydrotherapist peers shared with me and I adapted it to my liking. I am going to post it on my video log also!
    It is a superfood nutbutter-Cashew Nut Butter, Cacao Nibs, Cacao Powder, Maca Powder, Hemp Seeds, banana with Raw Agave nectar mised in…OMG. yeah dessert baby! :p

154. sonja says:

Hi Kevin,
    another great show!
    Well, I have sweets (now it is cacao and gojis) whenever I feel like it. Sometimes it is 2x a day and then nothing for weeks. I noticed with the cacao I do not get into the sugar cycle like when I eat ordinary sweets like homemade cake.(You just need more and more and you are on a never ending cycle..) I am only partially raw, definately more in summer than in winter. Summer is the season to ear lots of raw food and I crave it. When winter comes I am very much into cooked food..

155. Frances Poole says:

Kevin I just love the format that you now have on this web page. The ability to quickly scan through the various information that you have is a great help.
    Can you tell me ?
    If we need to have a large variety of greens instead of concentrating on one due to minute amounts of poison in them does this apply to grass. I notice animals in Africa and American plains eat the same grass for a considerable time so is this because we can or is it because there is a variety of grasses on the plain. I grow wheat grass and would like to vary it but havent been able to procure barley etc to make a change.
    My favourite recipe for a smoothy with wheat grass is the juice of 2 cups of wheat grass and 1 lge apple .Then put in a blender with 1 lge orange(peeled), 1 banana, 1/2 avocado. Its yummy
    By the way I have found if I put the grass through the masticating juicer last it cleans the filter marvellously.