Raw Food Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta with Frank Giglio – The Renegade Health Show Episode #182

Wednesday Nov 12 | BY |

Frank actually didn’t spend two days with us…

Though we really would have liked him to, since he prepares some amazing raw food recipes!

What we did was filmed both yesterday’s show and today’s in the same day (the power of TV!).

In this In the Kitchen episode, you’re going to be amazed at the awesomeness of the fettuccine alfredo that he puts together.

Your question of the day: White or red sauce?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

You can find out more about Frank by clicking here!

White Sauce

1 1/2 cup cashews, soaked 2 hours
1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked 2 hours
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
4 tbsp tahini
1 cup water
1 tbsp sea salt
2 tsp fresh black pepper
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped fine
1 tsp fresh ground nutmeg

In a vita mix, blend all ingredients except for thyme and nutmeg and half water. Slowly drizzle in the remaining water to reach a smooth creamy consistency. Add nutmeg and thyme at end.

“Pasta”

Celery Root spiralized or thinly julienned or you can use butternut squash

1. Heidi says:

I like red sauce, white sauce, and green sauce (herb pesto)!

I also like a simple olive oil with garlic, fresh roma tomatos, herbamare, black olives, and whatever fresh herbs I have around.

I like a lighter white sauce, because my body seems happier with less fat. So I use about half of the nuts and the same amount of water, but I stir in freshly ground chia seed powder to jell it up without adding as much heavy fat.

2. Cindy says:

I like red sauce best – tomatoes make anything better!

3. Dorian says:

Red sauce for sure!

4. giselle cioraru says:

RED

5. lisa says:

great show! it would go wonderfully with the “meatballs” you featured on a diffrent episode. as far as sauce i prefer white, but i also really like the two mixed together!!

6. Sparrow says:

Definitely red sauce for me. I’m low fat and haven’t found any good recipe for a white sauce that isn’t chock full of fat so that makes me all about the red sauce!

7. Miguel says:

I like both saues , but it will depend on what kind of ‘PASTA’ you will use the suce on .

8. Monica says:

Red sauce, because the white sauce is way too much fat in it.

1 Tbs of sea salt?

Great Show!!!!

Love.

9. jacq says:

red … yummy sundried tomato with fresh basil … mmmmmm!

10. Carole says:

I vote the white sauce, why not indulge once in awhile? Red is good, but this sauce sounds so rich and I can’t wait to try it. It’ll be fun seeing what the nutritional yeast and spices add to it. yummmmmm.

11. Janet says:

What about White and Red?

Hey does Frank have a no nut, no seed way to make a “cream sauce” for those of us who are allergic to nuts/sesame?

12. Cheryl Holt says:

White Sauce!

Thanks for the amazing show!

Cheryl : )

13. Red sauce!! I prefer it plus I’m on a low fat raw diet so white sauce is a treat that is a little more rare. 🙂
    Great show thanks Kevin Annemarie and Frank!

14. Oh I might add zucchini to the white sauce, and less nuts to reduce the amount of fat in it…just an idea. 🙂

15. Amber says:

Hi Kevin and Annemarie,

You both make an awsome show in the kitchen!
    I often use your recipes in my raw classes.
    They lean more to the European palate and mine ’cause I LOVE Italian food!
    I didn’t see the recipe for the mushroom gravy, is there a reason for that or did you simply forget? I think it would be crucial to serve it with the fettucine alfredo?
    Does Frank’s book come in an e-version?

Love to you both,
    Amber from Belgium

16. Charliemack says:

great recipe. I was wondering, in the winter when it is cold how would you make this a hot meal? Would heating the alfredo sauce and maybe steaming the celery root be ok?

Red sauce is by far my choice.

17. Deborah says:

I like both.
    But, what I really want to know is the name of the spiralizer that Frank used. It looks much sturdier than the one I purchased years ago.

18. Carolyn says:

Absolutely amazing episode! I was riveted for the entire 15 minutes! Yummy!
    As for the question of the day, I have such a crush on tomatoes, going to have to go red sauce. 🙂

19. Brenda says:

Wow! That looks so fantastic! I am thinkin I will ABSOLUTELY be making that!! I prefer white sauce, but I did have a “creamy tomato” sauce one time that was like red and white combined and it was SUPER good! So, where can you get that really cool “pasta” spirilizer thingy?!

20. Connie says:

We eat red sauces all the time but I think I prefer white. This recipe looks awesome. But I really want to try those mushrooms!!! Gonna watch this again and write down the recipe…

21. LuAnn says:

Hi, what a great recipe. I hope one day to try it when I can afford a Vitamix ( maybe I’ll as Mom to get it for me for Christmas).
    sorry to be so on the fence but I love fresh tomato sauce and white sauce and also olive oil with herbs and garlic… yummmmm

22. Kelly Ann says:

White sauce!!! Great show! Now I need to find the meatball show and I’m set!

23. Kristina says:

Both we like to make both and mix or save some for leftovers just mak sure the flavors will combine well.

Janet, could you have young coconut b/c that with hempseeds would make a good sauce.

I have really enjoyed your info Frank and look forward to making it to a class in Canada soon.

Peace and yumminess to all

24. penni says:

Generally I prefer red, but I’ll be trying Frank’s gourmet white, with a twist!

25. Season says:

Oh my goodness! I developed a recipe for fettucine alfredo too, but this looks outstanding! I will definitely be giving it a shot!

I love red sauce in the summer and spring, and white sauce in the fall and winter. Yum!

Thank you, Kevin! Great show! And thanks to Frank for that lovely gift of a recipe.

*salivates*

Love and light.

~Raw Season

26. Frank Giglio says:

For those of you wondering, the pasta maker is made by Benriner. You may find it on amazon or in your local asian market. Glad you all enjoyed the show!!

27. Mara says:

Creamy red, the best of both worlds. Thanks Frank, Kevin and Ann Marie.

28. Mara says:

Could you guys please post the mushroom recipe too? Thanks and hugs

29. Cindy says:

Love both and Pesto sauce. I was wondering about the alternative of eating raw Butternut Pumpkin (or squash as you call it). I didn’t think you could eat that raw? I am new to eating raw and would love you to list veges that you can eat raw. Especially things that are generally cooked, like the butternut squash. Thanks for a great show & recipe. I am going to try and buy celery root and make it. As with everybody else I would love to know the name of the Spirally device or an alternative way to make spaghetti out of veges, if you know of one. Thanks guys keep up the good work

30. Estrella says:

Red sauce! White is generally too heavy for me. I will also sub squash for the celery root. I tried celery root this summer and the celery flavor was a little too pronounced. Fun episode… Thanks Frank for your recipe. Can’t wait to try the mushrooms!

31. These recipes look wonderful, and I will definately try them over Thanksgiving week. I even have truffle oil I got at the farmers market over the summer, I can’t wait! Thank you!
    I like to rotate the ‘pasta’ sauces because it is such a quick and easy supper; we have it pretty often (once every two weeks or so). Probably pesto would be my favorite, but of red or white, I would say they are both equally delicious!

32. LAP says:

Celery root is called “Celeriac” in the UK if that helps anyone!
    Lucy-Ann

33. Zach E says:

The spiralizer is called a Saladacco. Search for it one [insert internet search engine here] and you should be able to find some sources for one (I know AlissaCohen.com has them). I tend to go the cheaper route, so I just use a mandolin slicer to make ribbons. Both are good!

34. marlene says:

I love red sauce but that white sauce sure looks yummy! That spiral maker is cool! I currently have the Joyce Chen one and the blade is very cheap and has already broke on me!the blade is not replaceable so you have to but a brand new spiral maker!

35. julia says:

What is the machine he mentioned to make nut butters besides the vitamix?? was it the melanger?? and i like all sauces!!

36. richard says:

Hay kevin What a buzz just travelled on that same freeway ,you showed on the blood program, 2weeks ago all the way from new Zealand when i got back to my small city in NZ wow the first thing i smelt was the beautiful Sweet seaside air my lungs said Yeah
    Hey can you give some help on the candida thing Iv’e struggled for years with it since being overdosed with anti biotics I now try and do the raw thing but still have to go some bland cooked every so often to get my PH in ballance I tend to get too alkaline.
    Any help would be so great I just seem to be getting right then it all goes to pot and have to start again another candida flare up

Thank you so so much for your dedication to all us out here

Richard Napier NZ

37. Amber says:

At Alissa Cohen’s classes, the teachers called this device a Spirooli. It makes pretty cool pasta from just about anything!

38. Cherie says:

Red sauce. I have never made a raw sauce before, yet. I am glad to finally see what a celery root looks like. Where do you get a spiral thing like that? I will have to save up for one of those. Thanks for the great show.

39. Frances Poole says:

Life is the embodiment of the spirit into a linear time frame to learn the essence of I