Do I Have Too Much Fat in My Raw Food Diet – The Renegade Health Show #176

Tuesday Nov 4 | BY |

It’s election day in the US, but I’m more concerned if you have more fat in your raw food diet than who wins…

Right after the show today I walked down to the local school and cast my vote. As much as it counts, I still wonder if it really does… but that’s just my own hang up! 🙂

Anyway, some great questions on the blog that I answer today.

We’ll talk about late night eating, some follow up on the candida research that I’ve been doing, and I’m also going to talk about the right amount of fat a raw food diet should have.

Your question of the day (for those in the US): Did you vote today?

Click here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and leave your comment now!

Kevin

1. Joyce says:

I took advantage of early voting in Florida and cast my vote a week ago. It’s an exciting time in history. Does your vote count? Oh, Kevin, shame on you. The last election was won with 527 votes!

Voting is a citizen’s responsibility and privilege. I hope everyone gets out and lets his voice be heard. Regardless for whom you vote; VOTE! In these tough times, our nation needs involvement by everyone.

2. Walt says:

Yes I voted and brought my 21 year old so he voted also. I told him if you don’t vote don’t complain about what the Government does. Freedom is not FREE. Politics is not a spectator sport, you have to participate.

3. Rawbin says:

Hey, I voted too! Yay! Hope it counts.

I’m a Redskin fan, but Steelers is our other favorite team when we go off skiing.

Thanks for the advice on the fat/carb/protein. It makes sense and I’ll try to be more conscious about what I eat before/during/after hard exercise.

4. Jean says:

Yes, Yes, Yes I did vote today it is a must for our voices to be herd. Another question Kevin on Candida can you have Honey? I have been on a fungal cleanse for this I am taking all the fungals like garlic,caprilic acid,apple cider vinegar,neem,Pau D Arco and so on for two months going on three. Would really love for you to have a professinal on your show that knows truly what you should do.So tired of trying to figure it out myself.Thanks Kevin

5. Thea says:

yes Kevin…I voted…don’t think that it will make a difference but I feel very strongly that all Americans should take advantage of the voting priviledge

6. Sandy says:

Your hair is looking great – longer. Do Not cut it so short anymore. LET IT GROW!
    Now a question: How much water are you drinking – daily?

7. Sandy says:

Oh, I guess I did not go with your question. I voted last week. ! Lots of people were in line………….

8. Sparrow says:

We voted by absentee ballot since my husband is disabled and getting out of the house can be a real struggle some days. This way we were sure

9. crow says:

Sure did vote today and hopefully we will have a major change from the last 8 years.

10. Heidi says:

Yes, I voted in Wisconsin today, and was in and out of the polls in 5 minutes. It was great! I could have voted early, but there is something satisfying about taking part in the process with everyone else. Why is it important to vote? My top reasons:

1) It is our duty as citizens.
    2) The people we elect to represent us make decisions that can change the health of the world.
    3) There are other folks whose priorities are very destructive and radically different than mine. It’s important to make sure that my voice is heard, too.

11. Vickie says:

Yes I voted!

12. Marie says:

DH and I voted last week during early voting. Not sure if one vote does count on a national level but it certainly makes a difference on the local level. I’m still sad that my “guy” Ron Paul didn’t make it further down the electoral road… Even the years when I find it hard to get excited about the candidates (this year), I always vote, knowing that many Americans before me have sacrificed so that I may have a say in our Democracy.

13. Yes! I voted early! Try it next time, shorter lines. I applaud you (and Ann Marie) for voting!
    🙂

14. Mary Ellen says:

u r right – i do not think our votes matter b/c does barack have a u.s. birth certificate & also aren’t we supposed to be able to see where all his money came from?

15. Mary Ellen says:

but who wants macain b/c if something happens to him we have palin so neither choice is any good in my opinion – i wanted hillary – a woman for a change or ron paul but certainly not either of the ones we had to choose from

16. Helen says:

Yes, I voted today and there was no line. The lines were very long for those who voted early. I’m glad I waited.

17. Janice says:

Yes! I voted, will my voice be heard???????

18. Smita says:

Hi Kevin, I have never asked a question and wasn’t sure where to be directed to do that but I had two questions since you are quite the expert! 1. I have learned so much from your website that I am now ready to buy a juicer. Which one is a good investment, is the vitamix the same thing as a juicer?? (blender??) 2. I was reading about the Paleo diet and this diet claims that grains and legumes are bad for you. They contain toxics that are called lectins. I’ve always thought legumes were good for you! Here is the site I got this from http://www.earth360.com/diet_paleodiet_balzer.html. Should I get these out of my diet??

And yes I voted!!!

19. Kristina says:

Yes we voted never miss an election BUT 20 minutes ago John Mcain conceded to Barack Obama and the news said Obama won. Were voices heard? Have all votes even been counted?

Oh yeah it is the electoral college that decides not us.

20. DebB says:

Yes, I voted. Our county has been all mail in ballots as of this year. I tell ya – I love it! *Ü*

21. Esoteric Engineer says:

The election is fixed. The voting machines are rigged and have more back doors than even the best geek could count.

The two main runners are controlled puppets. The left-right paradigm is a complete theatre; it is false and used as a tool to manipulate the masses and to keep them occupied. The same people, the power elite, run the show from behind the scenes. The people with the real power never show their faces. The president has no power he is a mere puppet, a front man. He is a performer put in place to keep the show running.

People do not elect presidents. The president is selected by the real rulers of the world in line with their agenda. The entire election is a ridiculous farce, and I pity those who fall for it.

Votes don’t count. Democracy does not exist. If you want change then get informed, inform others, and stop participating in the corrupt system. Stop cooperating with these toxic criminals and things would soon improve.

22. Meri says:

Don’t worry about that 4lbs Kevin. When everything gets back in to balance I’m sure it will go back on without too much hassle. Ultimately I believe it’s your health that’s most important, not the number on the scales 🙂
    Since being of voting age in the UK, I have voted in every election out of respect to the people who fought for my right to vote. However, like you I have doubts because of the way our ‘democracies’ operate.

23. Brigitte says:

Hi Kevin,

I voted yesterday and cast my vote for Obama. John McCain is also a good guy, but I feel he represents the old way of doing things. I believe Obama is open to change and will be a more transformative leader (which is what we need in these troubled times).

24. del says:

Yes I voted and what’s even more amazing is I woke up this morning and found that the President that American;’s voted for actually will be the new President. Awesome. A new day has dawn. Now we can get to real issues health, economy,and peace. It’s going to take work, a lot of work. Cool. How exciting.

25. janet b says:

Hey Kevin… I am writing because I am having a lot of trouble watching older shows, just from last week… and the candida one played but no sound and the others only play for two seconds… I don;t think it is my computer, but could be, but I watched this one fine… any suggestions or other problems, or maybe i missed something and you are only leaving them up for a day or so now???
    Thanks…

26. nicole says:

Hi Kevin! Thanks for the mad props!

Oh also, my email is design.nb@gmail.com… if anyone emails nb.creative, they’ll get someone else as that email is taken, too! 🙂

:: nicole ::

27. LAP says:

Hi Kevin and Ann Marie,
    I was just listening to yesterday’s show and heard my name! Thank you so much for the plug and “post award” – how cool! The first “blog post award” EVER! Coincidentally, we’ve just posted a short “How to…” article on getting to grips with common yeast infections. Here is the link –
    http://rurl.org/14su – people will have to log in to read it but it is free!
    Thanks again Kevin,
    Lucy-Ann

28. Esoteric Engineer says:

Oh, come on Kevin! Please post my message. It is perfectly reasonable, no?

29. Cherie says:

Yes I voted!

30. Diane says:

I’m a Ron Paul fan, but yes I voted.

31. peggy jo says:

yes, i voted for mccain…i am strongly pro-life and could not vote for obama because he has promised to approve late term partial birth abortion….also i remember when mccain came home after being a prisoner of war,he is still a hero to me….i also noticed how many people, on different sites and in my community, said they liked ron paul.the 2 major parties have the money and power and no one else will ever advance thru the system without being in them.too bad.

32. debra says:

Esoteric Engineer should read World History or move to Iran.

33. taylor says:

not only did i vote but volunteered at the obama office as a driver to drive people to the polls that would otherwise would not have voted……inspiring night!!!
    here in Pgh PA the streets were lined with
    people yelling and waving banners for obama cars honking horns….it was a all night celebration like I have never witnessed…..even more of a party then when the steelers won the super bowl!!!

34. Frances Poole says:

No I didnt vote because I live in Western Australia but we are all watching with interest what is happening in your big country.
    As for prolife do some reading on the research of reincarnation. The soul does not inhabit the incarnating baby until late in pregnancy and sometimes just after birth.
    A Dr Stevens did some very indepth studies of children that could prove prior existance and some very interesting information came out of this. Carol Bowman has written a couple of books on Children reincarnating back into families and has a chapter on kids recincarnating into the same family after abortions etc. Throws a very different light on the understanding of right to life.

35. Jes says:

yeah, right on! One’s diet is much more important and interesting than voting!!!!

Voting is giving your power away. Giving someone else the power to rule you.

When you choose what you eat and you choose to be healthy and you choose to rule your own life.. you take the power back!

Voting? Hel no.

When I was 18 and old enough to vote.. I was thrilled… I was heavily into politics… and then it happened… as I watched the presidential debate… I couldn’t believe people actually took these idiots seriously. My god, vote for one of them? No way!

That’s when I dropped out of the rat race, high school and the rest of the baloney.

Love, Heljes

36. Janice says:

Yes I voted early. I care what is happening and want to make a difference.

37. melissa says:

so peggy wants more crack-addicted babies in this society? maybe she doesn’t realize that this isn’t a christian nation. no one wants to live in a religious country. peggy, there is a great area of the world called the middle-east, where young girls get raped then stoned to death because they “adulterated” under religious law. go there and enjoy the word of god.

38. vee says:

Re people’s comments (4th Nov.) to your mention about voting, I am saying BRAVO!!!!!!!! to Esoteric Engineer for his most
    enlightened opinion/knowledge and bravo also to Heljes writing. All other comments fully amazed me, as the writers obviously are prepared to look at a raw life style which is pretty ‘out there’ in terms of cutting through a X y.o. cooking tradition, yet when it comes to public policy, isn’t there very little awareness? perhaps it hasn’t yet been priority to question how the system works, etc and what exact role everyone does actually play in it. I hope now, since at least two responses were challenging, it might, so to speak, trigger ‘off sand beak lifts’ where people may have a chance to not only help themselves and mother earth/nature by eating raw foods but may also bed seeking advise as to find out ‘who they really are’
    in a system which one could nearly say, happens to be fully ‘cooked’ and completely misleading as a result!
    great job Kevin!
    Cheers and thank you for the opporutnity, Vee

39. vee says:

apologies, i meant to write ‘be’, not bed

40. sharon says:

Esoteric Engineer needs more goji berries and bluegreen algae! Dude, you’ve got too much time on your hands!

Yes, I voted by mail in, and I am very hopeful that lots of things will swing back toward my beliefs and values now.

And Millie, can you substitute your junk food habit in the evenings with some tea or kale chips? Try it, the tea works for me! And kale chips are flavorful, light, crispy and packed with nutrition.

41. sarah says:

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    Sarah